PDA

View Full Version : RPA Werewolf Chronicles: Chapter 1 - The Mystery of the Fang in the Moonlight

ILYTH
12-29-2010, 07:15 PM
The night was one of treacherous cold and heavy fog. The streets of Downtown were illuminated in the haze by the warm yellow light of Victorian gas lamps, their fiery glow offering little resistance to the thick shroud of precipitation that engulfed the village. The fog sucked the warmth from the air and the joy from the hearts of all who entered it, a night where none of the sensible upstanding residents cared to venture beyond the warm safety of their hearths and the near by comfort of their beds.

The cobbled streets rang however, with the hurried footfalls of a scared little man dashing through the empty alley ways and deserted market places. The night held little joy for Neil Chuzzlewit the humble baker of the village, an unremarkable but righteous man loved by all in the area for his sweet loaves and frosted buns. Indeed Chuzzlewit bakery had long been a landmark of note in the humble little village, always with an open door and warm fire for customers to chat with the kindly baker who now dashed through the streets fleeing for his life.

It had started not long ago when the portly old gent was shutting up shop for the evening, his ruddy cheeks puffing in the cold as he locked the door. As the key turned in the lock the elderly baker heard a noise behind him, he had turned sharply, wary of potential ruffians out to vandalize his shop. The baker saw nothing as he turned to look down the empty street, the fog obscuring his bespectacled view down the cobbled road.

Chuzzlewit was keen to pass of the noise as humble racoons fighting over scraps of Chuzzlewit's trademark frosted buns in the bins behind the shop. Chuzzlewit's feet had beat a steady tap tap tap as he strode down the street, the coat on his shoulders and the whistle in his heart keeping him warm. Behind him though stole two faceless shadows, their agile footfalls making no noise as they crept with a stealth far beyond human ability.

The strangers were hungry and needed a feast, it had been long since the shadows had tasted flesh and the pudgy baker was too tempting a treat for the two figures to pass up. The shadows deftly stole up to the baker ready to deliver a fatal blow and fill their bellies to fend of the cold of the bitter winters night. Chuzzlewit though had by chance caught the image of his stalkers in the reflection of a near by grubbers and was ready to make a bolt away from the lurking shadows.

As the Baker broke into a sprinting retreat, already wheezing at the exertion it was putting on his old body, a body used to a life of ease and contentment a blood curdling howl rang out from his pursuers as they bolted rapidly after the doomed Chuzzlewit.

They say the scream as the two wolves fell upon the baker could be heard throughout the town that night, a sound that would soon be replaced by the horrid chopping and squelching of the two killers dividing up their meal, eager to blend back into the society of the village amongst their friends come day break.

--------------------------------------------------------

The grizzled old detective knelt hunched over the stripped bag of bones before him, not a scrap of the meat left on the old white sticks. Although Detective McEvoy was a man of strong constitution and iron sensibilities it was nearly enough to make him gag. "What is our situation Murphy?" the detective forced out in a weary voice beseeching not just answers but consolation from his long suffering pathologist.

"Neil Chuzzlewit sir, he was found this morning after a scream alerted nearby towns folk, nothing was left when they got here expect for the bones. They think it's a cannibal. Picked the bones dry for the meat as they did." The Pathologist looked down at the cracked skull of the old baker "Poor mister Chuzzlewit, I said his frosted buns would get him in trouble one day, just not like this."

Detective McEvoy though hadn't heard the pathologists mourning spiel as he had frozen stock still, bones picked clean? cliched old london ambiance? Two mysterious killers and paranoid townsfolk? McEvoy had seen this before, hopefully he could get to the bottom of the case before a lynch mob formed.

Werewolf killings were common place in quaint little areas like Downtown, McEvoy had just transferred over from another town where the wolves along with an over eager lynch mob had decimated the place. If people weren't in the stomach of the wolf they were dangling from a rope based on nothing more than suspicions and infighting. McEvoy knew if the town members got to town hall to form a lynch mob then there was nothing he could do but go with the flow, he just prayed they hadn't, surely downtown had more sense than that.

As he reached town hall with a wailing of sirens and a screeching of tires the pitch forks and torches that greeted him removed all hope. The town was mobilize and they wanted the wolves dead.

Two of the mob however had a darker purpose.

-------------------------------------------------------

Ok folks, day one. The wolves will PM me their target, the angel will PM me the person they wish to save and the lone wolf isn't active this turn. proceed to bandy about suspicion and turn on each other. Send your votes to me for the first lynch victim.

Shadowstar
12-29-2010, 08:26 PM
I place my vote for Naz. He is using a lot of aliases lately and that is rather suspicious in my eyes.

John
12-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Hey, don't you go blaming my multiple personalities. They had nothing to with it.

Alice
12-29-2010, 11:42 PM
Those rhinestone eyes of hers.. That more-than-insane avatar.. That mysterious appearance.. Who else but a wolf would have such aspects?

I'm afraid my vote must to be cast for Rhinestone Eyes.

Merry
12-30-2010, 02:34 AM
hhmm... I fixed the list of players, cause I was confused... and I'm thinking the wolfy is Cookies... he's got those beady eyes... and I swear I heard a growl!
(jk cookies -luv- )

ChesireTiger
12-30-2010, 02:44 AM
My vote is cast for Rhinestone Eyes.

Rhinestone Eyes
12-30-2010, 05:31 AM
I have to protest my innocence here, I think it's camile she's awfully eager to point that hairy....claw like finger.

once again, me = nobody. Camile the crazy wolf lady = werewolf

TheDashingRogue
12-30-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm voting Naz, because he's posted without giving his opinion - letting other people squabble amongst themselves before choosing who to murder and who to apply his vote to.

Marmalade Jam
12-30-2010, 01:46 PM
I vote cookies ahoy because it makes things even and I'm a trouble maker at heart XD

Cookies Ahoy
12-30-2010, 04:34 PM
The growl was just my stomach. I swear.

I'm not going to vote right now, there isn't much evidence out there.

John
12-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Well, I'm partial to uneven myself. And I can't believe that defending myself means I'm a were wolf. Since I'm not, I shall use my skills of deduction to tell you who the wolf is. See, right form the get go, I suspected Shadowstar, he was just too eager to vote. So I thought I would wait patiently to see who followed along. So now we know. Shadow and Dash are the wolves. So I vote for Dash.

TheDashingRogue
12-30-2010, 06:14 PM
You sound dreadfully sure of yourself Naz.

John
12-30-2010, 06:20 PM
It's all numbers really. The wolves tend to vote together. And it makes sense that one of them should try to vote first in the hopes that they can throw the trail off of themselves. Besides, I was a werewolf in the last game. Would be kind of silly to do it in this game too. I already have a target painted on my back just for being me.

TheDashingRogue
12-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Do you forget, Naz, that we were both werewolves in the previous game? As such I should have an equally incriminating target on my back by your reasoning.

Alice
I've gotta say, some exceptionally good points are coming from this Naz person here.

Merry
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_324/1224452086nJ922W.jpg

John
12-30-2010, 06:27 PM
But see, I had a target on my back before the game started. I already knew that people would be coming after me. I am Naz after all, who doesn't want to kill me.

Merry
12-30-2010, 06:28 PM
he has a definite point... a really, hard to mistake, omg yeah, point.

Shadowstar
12-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Naz has even admitted to having multiple personalities when I first called him out. Who's to say it is not you Naz? Could be one of your so called personalities and you wouldn't even know it, now would you? Also who better to be one than a person who previously got away with it?

Dashing is too much of a gentleman to let himself remain such an appalling creature.

John
12-30-2010, 06:35 PM
I talk with my personalities often. In fact Bob, he;s an accountant, did the math. numbers don't lie.

And a gentleman? You should have seen the way he mercilessly slaughtered the women and children in the last game. He's no gentleman. He's a monster.

TheDashingRogue
12-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Ah but I did clean up the mess afterwards.

John
12-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah sorry about that. It was too gooey for me.

ILYTH
12-31-2010, 12:29 AM
The Gavel pounds down on the court room stand, behind the intimidating piece of mahogany furniture stands Detective McEvoy, hoping to give some order to the chaos threatening to break loose.

"Order!" His powerfull voice reverberates through the room, silencing the bickering townsfolk who by this point were already beginning to turn on each other. "People of Downtown, we are a democratic society and we will not resort to senseless slaughter in the face of this new terror. We will vote, the combined intelligence of the majority hopefully flushing out the monster in our midst."

McEvoy sent a bailiff around the Courtroom with paper and pens, "You are under no obligation to vote but not doing so must cast a doubtful light upon your intent. The loser of the vote shall be given no mercy and will hang from the gallows come sunrise."

The room was filled again with the sound of arguing and scribbling as old alliances and friendships came to the for with forgotten grievances once more rearing their head. Before long the hat was filled but for one absent towns person and one who refused to vote.

McEvoy read out the votes in a stern voice, his words brimming with the promise of fatality and death. "We have a three way tie." McEvoy announced, surprised at the outcome. "Nazgul the Clerk, Cookies Ahoy the Haberdasher and Rhinestone the Dress maker would you all step forward."

The three accused stepped toward the dock. "Wolves cannot abide riddles so the lore goes, I will ask one to the three of you and provide you with paper. The one who fials the riddle will hang."

McEvoy consulted the book of riddles before finding an appropriate question and posing it to the accused civilians. Two of the townsfolk wrote their answers immediately and submitted them correctly, one however took longer and could not fathom the proper response.

"I am sorry Rhinestone Eyes, may you be the last we need to hang in this bloody event" and so it was that Rhinestone Eyes, dress maker extraordinaire and all round nice person was taken to the gallows and hung. She died with silent dignity the way she had lived as a humble VILLAGER

--------------------------------------------------------

Sorry hon, there was a three way tie and I picked the names out of a hat.
wolves I know who your first victim is so no need to PM me I'll write that up the moment I get back from work.

John
12-31-2010, 12:47 AM
See? It's dash I tells ya. Look at the evidence. If I was a werewolf, my vote would have likely been the same as another person. Instead, I voted for the person I know is the werewolf. The facts are there people. So my vote is cast for Dash

ChesireTiger
12-31-2010, 03:44 AM
*pretty much repeats what Naz said, since he is insanely smart and has good logic*
My vote is also cast for Dash! *slams fist on table for no reason*

John
12-31-2010, 03:46 AM
You know, I don't think we were supposed to vote yet. crap :(

ILYTH
12-31-2010, 07:54 AM
lol don't worry guy's banter between killings is ok, just re-vote if your choice gets eated.

John
12-31-2010, 08:00 AM
Well since Dash is the wolf, I highly doubt it will happen.

TheDashingRogue
12-31-2010, 01:27 PM
If I am voted out, then the truth will out that I am but a humble human like the rest of you - and his guiltiness will be revealed.

I vote Naz again.

John
12-31-2010, 05:17 PM
Or my stupidity, which if I'm wrong will be the case. But I gotta go with my gut on this one.

Shadowstar
12-31-2010, 05:27 PM
Until I am proven wrong one way or another my vote must remain the same. I have yet to be given evidence to prove me wrong in my suspicion of Naz.

Cookies Ahoy
01-01-2011, 12:29 AM
I vote Naz for right now. Need to sit down and read some more after this whole holiday stuff is over.

John
01-01-2011, 01:13 AM
You know, I just realized . Dogbert=canine=wolf I am so screwed.

ILYTH
01-01-2011, 01:38 AM
The following night in the sleepy village of Downtown was in stark contrast to the grim, foggy bleakness of the previous evening. The night had taken on an unseasonable Mediterranean climate and was warm and balmy, the stars glittered in the sky and the people of town forgot their troubles if only for a night.

It seemed to the good townsfolk the perfect night for an impromptu carnival, with hastily assembled tents glowing with the crackling of nearby bonfires and the sounds of merryment and joyous revelry filling the air. The townsfolk danced and sung in the glee of the night but the troubles of recent times were still hot on everyone's tongue and suspicion was rife.

As the smell of candyfloss and toffee apples drifted through the air one townsperson staggered to the privacy of a tent just behind the hastily assembled Ferris wheel. The villager had been far too heavy on the whine from Dashing Vineyards and mixed with his sampling of Merry the Butcher's fine meats along with the famed Shadowstar toffee his stomach was in a state of much upheaval.

As the inebriated villager staggered about trying to hold in the tide of vomit and putrescence that wormed it's way up his gullet two blurry figures stumbled out of the darkness. The two figures were reasoned by the villager to be just one extremely attractive woman obscured by his drunkedness, as is the foundation of drunken logic.

The villager did his best to repair his crumpled shirt and make himself look dapper for the woman in his mind and grumbled out "ello luv, fancey a drin..." lifting up a bottle of the award winning whine.

The figures stepped from the shadows cloaked and masked it was impossible to distinguish any unique aspect of the two silent killers. As the two approached the villager he realized his stupidity and tried to run out of the tent to the safety of the crowd, alas drink makes not only the mind but the legs clumsy and slow and the villager fell at the feet of his assailants.

The kill was silent this time and after they had their fill the two wolves stripped from their robes and masks and stepped out of the tent to carry on in the fun of the carnival, there hunger sated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

McEvoy hunched over yet another neatly piled stack of bones, the setting was less somber this time, the gold and scarlet tent belying the misery contained within yet McEvoy was no less distraught.

McEvoy looked at the bite marks on the stripped bones "Is it still two killers or did we get one the other day?" asking in hope more than sense as two different fang patterns were clearly visible.

"Two killers, victims name was Antonio 'BESTEST' Hamlet, a local artist, I have a few of his works on my wall at home. a real tragedy he was quite the talent with a brush."

The pathologist began to ramble about the death and rebirth of renaissance art before McEvoy interjected.

"Do we have a time of death?" McEvoy groaned while prodding the bones with a gloved hand.

"No, beyond the fact it was sometime last night stripped bones tell us nothing about a time of death."

McEvoy wheeled out the tent and jumped into his battered old Robin Reliant and sped towards town hall for the next vote.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

okay guys, have at it

Alice
01-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Holy crap, Cookies! You have a CANINE as a profile picture. OMG! Really?
Even though he has the most lovely name, I have to vote Cookies Ahoy.

Rhinestone Eyes
01-01-2011, 03:17 PM
I think it's Naz, he has always been the first on checking and responding hence he has the most to check on. By that logic Naz is the wolf, although maybe this whole Naz, Dashing feud is cooked up between them to detract suspicion from the other....

TheDashingRogue
01-01-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm still voting for Mr Nazgul.

But I expect I didn't really need to tell you all that.

Alice
01-01-2011, 10:41 PM
...Rhinestone, aren't you dead?

ILYTH
01-02-2011, 12:01 AM
yep, I reminded her as soon as I saw her post XD

John
01-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Hurray! Then I still have a chance XD

Merry
01-02-2011, 01:40 AM
So, once your dead, you can't chime in? I think that's unfair... Rhinestone could be a ghostly apparition come back to warn us! I say let her speak... :)

I have to vote for.... Alice this time...

and, I'm a butcher? really? gross and gooey meat? :XD:

Alice
01-02-2011, 02:11 AM
Alice..? Alice?! Why me, Merry? XD

Merry
01-02-2011, 02:20 AM
I dunno... something about KKOD's post.. just made me think, hhmm.. it could be a girl, we have girls here too.. and so yeah, sorry Alice.. you know I love you, but... your teeth look kinda sharp, and.. well once I thought I heard a little howl when you were laughing, so?

Alice
01-02-2011, 02:47 AM
'Tis okay, I still love you too, Merry. :hugg:
But, I gotta say, aren't you a female also...?

Merry
01-02-2011, 02:49 AM
ssshhhhh.... dun tell anyone... ;)

ILYTH
01-02-2011, 02:53 AM
she can contribute, she just can't vote. Sorry Merry, are you a veggo? I'll change your occupation in the post if you wish

Merry
01-02-2011, 03:52 AM
nah... it's just funny is all.. picturing me as a butcher... :)
although, I can be good with a knife -grin-

John
01-02-2011, 03:56 AM
Of course Merry is a carnivore. Wait a tic...

ILYTH
01-02-2011, 07:56 AM
Merry I dont think you have the mean streak for knife murdering, sorry to say it XD

John
01-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Dude, you have no idea.

Merry
01-02-2011, 02:11 PM
D: what's that supposed to mean!?

ILYTH
01-02-2011, 03:34 PM
that your really too nice and aweosme to be a knife murderer.

John
01-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Yes. That's exactly what I meant XD

Merry
01-02-2011, 05:36 PM
funny... I believe KKOD... why don't I believe it when you say it Naz? hhmm? :eyeu:

John
01-02-2011, 05:40 PM
I honestly don't think you would be a knife murderer. I really don't. You're more a fan of blunt objects XD

Merry
01-02-2011, 05:45 PM
*blushes* oh yeah.. true

John
01-04-2011, 06:43 AM
Who are we waiting for? We need to get the slaughtering of the innocent over with. That being me this time around.

ILYTH
01-04-2011, 07:50 AM
We are waiting for Cookies and Shadow, they have until midnight Australian time to vote or their protestations will go unheaded. Neither of them are under threat anyway so.......

John
01-04-2011, 07:54 AM
I think Cookies voted for me. Did Marmalade?

ILYTH
01-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Marmalade told me who she was voting for over a pot noodle XD, it was you Naz

John
01-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Then I don't think it matters who Shadow votes for. So before I die, I would like to say a few words. If I may?

Edit: Shadow voted too. Right before Cookies

ILYTH
01-04-2011, 09:35 AM
oh ok XD

go for it man

TheDashingRogue
01-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Then I don't think it matters who Shadow votes for. So before I die, I would like to say a few words. If I may?

Edit: Shadow voted too. Right before Cookies

Won't make any difference, wolfie...

Merry
01-04-2011, 02:10 PM
wow... the love in this thread is making me downright GIDDY I say!
;loves; -luv- ;loves; -luv- ;loves; -luv- ;loves;

TheDashingRogue
01-04-2011, 02:21 PM
The only love I have here is for justice...

http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsreel/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/JudgeDredd1.jpg

I AM THE LAW!

ILYTH
01-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Naz had his chance to speak but didn't so I'm going to do this so I can get some sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The chattering voices in the town hall didn't stop as Detective McEvoy walked though the ordinary glass doors of the bland, sterile piece of late nineties architecture. The voices continued their bitter accusations as he stepped up onto the stage with a heave of his lungs adding to the scrabbling indignity of his assent. The voices only stopped when the grizzled old detective tapped the head of the microphone on the raised platform catching everyone's attention as the tapping reverberated noisily around the room and echoed off of the low quality surfaces, acoustically the town hall far outstripped the image given off by it's bland and boring edifice.

"Ahem" McEvoy cleared his throat to silence the last of the chatter. The room fell into a deathly silence as McEvoy felt the gazes of all of the faces below him feeling the weight of expectation on him and his department, Mcevoy grew hot under the collar and sweat started to form in crystalline beads on his weathered forehead. He was a small town cop with experience helping women get cats down from trees and giving youths slaps on the wrist for graffiti and riding bikes without a helmet, surely werewolf attacks were over his head. 'Where are the government when you need them?' McEvoy thought to himself, he had heard rumors of a whole department devoted to paranormal combat and protection, where were they when real work was to be done?

McEvoy realized that he had let the silence drag on far longer than anticipated so he opened his mouth and half spoke in a crackly, stress laden voice. "My fellow Downtowners, you know what grim purpose we are here for today, let's get it over with and hope that today the wolf ends up on the rope this time, incidentally Bestest's funeral is to be held this Friday at the chapel and his family insists there are no hard feelings and you are all invited, well one won't be attending aye, am I right?.." McEvoy trailed off to silence, the ill timed humor adding to the awkwardness of the situation.

"ermm, moving swiftly along, who do we think it is this week?" McEvoy hadn't meant to sound as clueless and old as he just had but he was tierd and hadn't slept, the long hours playing havoc on his mind. The crowd bustled a bit with a well dressed gentleman marching another man to the front of the crowd by the medium of a twisted ear.

The well dressed man was the tailor who only went by the business Title Dashing since his arrival from England a year ago. The man opened his mouth and enunciated flawlessly in a very old money british accent. "This is the one you want constable, this cad is clearly one of the furred blighters that aims to eat all of my paying customers.....and dear friends aswell what." Dashing hastened the last part out as an afterthought with a forced laugh following on it's coat tails.

The dragged man was the local grocer and occasional thong model Anton "Nazgul" McBeth, a man of questionable repute who had long been thought of as a swindler and snake oil merchant in the town. That the populace would turn on him did not surprise McEvoy in the least. "Do you have anything to say for yourself Naz? The town seems in near complete support of your death by hanging."

"I'm innocent I am, I swear on my apples and oranges, cheapest punnets you'll find this side of the Atlantic I'll add" The grocer pleaded while rubbing his beetroot red ear. "Mr McBeth your produce is cheap because you cut it into eighths and then charge a penny less than your rivals do for whole pieces, I won't be happy to see you hang but my vegetable soup will be delighted." With that McEvoy brought down the gavel and boomed the adjournment of court.

As it turned out the gallows were busy that morning so the townspeople marched the inconsolable grocer to the chopping block instead the wood cracked and moss riddled after life exposed to the elements. The axe blade however glinted and shone in the sun with a devilish sparkle. McEvoy handed the axe to Dashing, the brit had a formidable swinging arm and as such was the town executioner when the need arose.

The suspense was palpable as the drum roll rang through the streets and rumbled nearby windows in anticipation of death. Dashing inhaled as he rose the axe and McEvoy closed his eyes, he was very squeemish about blood, even if it did belong to a character as unsavory as Naz.

McEvoy was relieved to her a great splat but baffled when moments later the grocer exclaimed, "Ouch that bloody hurt!" McEvoy opened his eyes and saw not an axe in dashing's hand but an axe handle with lime jelly splashed for yards all around. All involved where stunned as a voice rang out from the heavens.

"This man will not die, not today, today he has my protection. Any who would do harm to this man in the next twenty four hours incurs the wrath of an angel." the voice was sweet yet bold, feminine and beautiful yet masculine and powerful, a true voice of heaven. McEvoy would come too several hours later lying in a heap of pig dung with the crowd long since gone and a thumping headache.

------------------------------------------------------

Naz was for this turn under the protection of our angel, this means he has avoided execution for this turn and this turn only, he is free to be eaten of executed from this moment onward.

TheDashingRogue
01-04-2011, 03:30 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I vote Naz again - this is a gross disparagement of justice! The beast must be brought down!

(I loved that post though :D)

TheDashingRogue
01-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Seriously, whoever's the guardian angel needs to get their act sorted :D

John
01-04-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm alive? I'm alive. I'm ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!! *hugs dash kissing him on the lips* I'm alive!! *does the happy dance* I promise I will charge one penny less for full pieces of fruit. And for the next week I'm having a buy one get one free sale. *dances some more, kisses Dash again* I''m alive!!!

Edit: And sorry didn't reply KKOD. Went to bed before you posted the go ahead for me to say a few words. But, it looks like they're not needed.

Alice
01-04-2011, 11:02 PM
That was hilarious.

But Naz is sliding too close to the edge for my taste... kind of like a werewolf would.
My vote's for Naz.

Merry
01-05-2011, 01:46 AM
http://thepqnation.com/livingwicked/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/810928-lmao_super.jpg

omg.. that was a riot!! Awesome, awesome, awesome!

I vote for Dashing this time, just to keep him honest! :)

ILYTH
01-05-2011, 04:34 AM
No More posts until this is edited with the next meal, voting should wait until after the death of a member. I will count any votes made so far as long as you are still alive come the end of this post.

John
01-05-2011, 05:59 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to post. I fear I have to plea for my life. So, I think that in celebration of Merry Gentry's birthday,, we should eat cake and not vote for me. She would want that.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ILYTH
01-06-2011, 09:25 AM
The snow crunched under the weight of many shuffling feet, Downtown had experienced another wild climate shift and a snowfall befitting the tundra itself was visited upon the tiny town. Talk was rife in the streets that the intervention of the Angel at the execution the previous day was to blame for the drift but no-one had any solid proof and some who were present refused to believe that an angel had appeared at all and were campaigning for Naz to be buried as befits and executed corpse.

The snow had brought in its wake pure revelry as children scooted down hills in painted red toboggans, skimming their knees and laughing in all the while, children also crafted great snowmen that towered over all who passed under their flaming carrot noses. The adults of the town had caught the snow fever as well with usually sensible, sober individuals hooting and throwing snowballs hither and thither.

The snow was something despised by one member of the village though, a traveler from far shores to whom snow was no mere novelty, his family had been killed in the the great slush storm of Hull decades ago and the Trumpton Riots were famous for their use of Napalm snow balls. The snow was no happy occurrence for Dashing as he stared out of his window, his tailors shop aglow with the orange crackle of his roaring fire.

Dashing was trying to go over what had happened yesterday, was he wrong? No he was certain of the grocers guilt, why had the Angel decided to save him from the block? Were angels not benevolent beings who sought only to protect the innocent? Dashing sighed warily and strolled over to the new suit he was crafting for Detective McEvoy, Dashing scoffed derisively, if McEvoy was any good at his job the town wouldn't be in this mess.

Dashing turned as the door bell chimed, flintlock drawn and cocked in one fluid motion in anticipation of the wolves. "Settle down Mr Dashing, I'm only here for my suit." The aging detective wheezed as he raised his hands in fear of the antiquated weapon, Dashing lowered his arm and chuckled "Terribly sorry old boy, can't be to careful these days. Grocers roaming the street, eating people, not to mention the misuse of apostrophes." Dashing turned to offer the Detective a cup of tea as he spoke which the old man, purple in the face from the cold glad accepted.

"Now, now Dashing, we can't be certain it's Nazgul. If the town votes him the wolf again then he will be hanged with divine intervention purly out of the picture, you know what they say, sepherims never strike twice." Said McEvoy slurping horrendously on his steaming brew.

The tow talked for a long while after that with McEvoy only leaving once the moon was out on the inky, starless night. Dashng had forgotten all of his troubles while talking to McEvoy and had left his flintlock on the desk where it was absent from upon his return. Dashing took his elephant gun off the wall, it was considered only decoration but it was truly ready for action.

Dashing crept through his house slowly stopping only to collapse to the ground when a vase connected with considerable force to the back of his head. The wolves were silent as thy devoured their kill leaving nothing but the tell tale pile of bones for the police the next day.

------------------------------------------------

McEvoy stared down at the pile of bones toying with the lapel on his new suit, he spoken to Dashing just before he died, was he to blame for the distraction that killed him? McEvoy began to spiral in guilt before the pathologist chimed in.

"Yep it's Dashing, killed in the early hours of the morning by the looks of things, knocked out by blunt force trauma before hand if appearance is anything to go by." It sounded clever but the smashed vase and puddle of blood around the skull made it a pretty obvious deduction." McEvoy glanced at the remains of dashing and asked. "Do we actually know who this guy is?"

The pathologist chuckled, "We found a wallet with a clearance card for Scotland yard, it turns out Dashing was actually INSPECTOR Reg Dashwood esq. Wonders never cease aye boss?"

----------------------------------------------

will tidy this up when I have time

TheDashingRogue
01-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Dashing's Gravestone Epitaph

Here lies Dashing
He told you so
Now he's all dressed up
Nowhere to go

His words were just
His suspicions right
Breathed his last today
Killed in the night

But what is the fate,
Of those that remain?
A midnight snack
And a death in vain

"Nazgul!" he cried
But to no great avail
Let this gruesome end serve
As a cautionary tale

He tried to warn you
He truly did!
Now you're on your own
And in the sh-

Ins. Reg Dashwood esq.
19??- January 6th 2011

Gone but not forgotten

-----

Was a good old run, I wish you all good luck :D

Shadowstar
01-06-2011, 12:50 PM
I must keep with my previous choice as to change now would be a dishonor to Mr. Dashing. Naz must go down! If it were not for the interference of the angel, Dashing may be alive still today.

ILYTH
01-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Nope shadow there are two wolves and dashing was marked well before the execution XD

Cookies Ahoy
01-08-2011, 03:03 AM
Might as well finish what we started.

Vote Naz guilty.

John
01-08-2011, 03:48 AM
So glad I joined this. The love I feel in this RP is overwhelming XD

Merry
01-08-2011, 07:09 PM
The evidence does seem to be mounting... and since I always go along with the crowd... I'm gonna have to say Naz... sorry buddy!

John
01-10-2011, 07:38 AM
So this is how it is eh? I see, I see. Well I only have two things to say. One, I had honestly nothing to do with the death of Dash, I hate British food XD And two, I vote for Studly Ripplychest. It was him I tells ya. Yeah, I was framed. I'm innocent....aw screw it. I would like to choose the manner of my demise if it please the court. I opt for death by blender.

Rhinestone Eyes
01-11-2011, 10:37 PM
you guys seem to have stalled :'(

TheDashingRogue
01-12-2011, 10:35 PM
C'mon, I want to see Naz killed by a blender already :D

John
01-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Remember to put me in feet first that way y'all can watch the expression on my face XD

TheDashingRogue
01-12-2011, 10:40 PM
So considerate for a condemned man :)

ILYTH
01-12-2011, 11:12 PM
working on it, will be up before i go to work, if i go.

ILYTH
01-14-2011, 12:09 AM
McEvoy stood ate the front of the stage ate the old playhouse, the town hall was being sprayed for a locust infestation so was unfit for service as an arena of judicial importance. The murder of inspector Dashwood had shaken to little town to it's core, not just becasue the town had lost another person but also it's only competant investigator. McEvoy probably didn't help his case by his refusal to part from his oversized magnascope despite it's uselessnes.

A greasy flop sweat formed on the decrepit detective's brow as his voice crackeld at the microphone. "Uuuuummmm well as I'm sure we are all aware of by now Reg Dashwood was killed last night. Now we are left with the decision of who to blame for this deed."

The crowd began an uproar all directed at one recenlty saved individual
"It was him, the real investigator said so and then got munched what more proof do you need?"
The accused grocer glared at the source of the voice and then chimed in, protective instinct filled the grocer's voice with anger.
"Dashwood was just on some stupid vendetta against me, he probably got it wrong, thanks to our own.....deductive master we know that the police are pretty clueless. Sorry Frank, nothing personal."
McEvoy just nodded and waved off the insult, he had long since accepted that he would never be like the detectives from old books and had settled into happy medioctrity.

"You're a liar and a cheat Naz, we're gonna kill you today, no matter what happens." A gruff voice came over by the props. McEvoy piped up at this, pointing and shouting "There'll be no threats like that in my courtroom." A groan came from all assembled before the same voice shouted back "OH SOMETHING YOUR PROACTIVE ABOUT! you know what you were seen coming out of Reg's house we'll kill you too, best case scenario you're the wolf and were saved, worst we lose a uselss flatfoot."

The voice was Carl Finx, the head of the shady underground mob scene of Downtown, probably looking to nail two birds with one stone. McEvoy stammered as the heavey set man approached, a heavey scent of hair oil clining to the imaculate gangster "C...c...come on Carl, surely we can work something out."
Carl stepped up closer to McEvoy who leaned over the edge of the stage where Finx whispered "Sorry Mac, this place is mine now."

With a snap of his fingers, obviously a pre-arranged signal to the assempled townsfolk Nazgul and McEvoy where swept up by the crowd. Carl finx lead the mob through the streets to Finchelli cement works.

"You like smooties boys? ever wonder what it's like for the fruit?." Finx laughed at this as threw open the doors of the factory where his trademark killing machine stood. a giant blender, sony by the looks of it.

McEvoy was speechless as he saw numerous mob underlings thouwing ice into the blende and a few bottles of gin. Finx was famous for supplying a round of 'unique' cocktails to the families of murderd accomplices and enemies, a grizzly calling card to say the least.

McEvoy began to cry, his life flashing before his eyes, there was nothing of note in the whole shebang, the trip to the box factory was a highlight but no family, just a life time of dullness.

McEvoy's train of thought was interupted when he heared a roar and scuffle behind him, gone was the grocer. In his place stood an eight foot tall bipedal wolf brandishing the arm of the unfortunate sod who had been restraining him like a makeshift club. "You think you've saved yourself!?!?! You're all dead!!!

The next few moments where a blur for the old man, blood sprayed everywhere, townspeople feel and guns fired before the grocer finaly re-emerged crumpled on the floor, breathing but riddled with bullets.

McEvoy and the wolf where picked up by a set of burly mobsters and thrown into the blender. McEvoy waited, terrified as the blades remained motionless, the ice freezing at his lower body.

McEvoy started to hear a whirring sound.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I am really not happy with this post but it was losing steam so i had to do something. It will be updated and improved but long story short, Naz ----> Wolf ------> Dead, McEvoy dead and Finx as the new narative vehicle

Rhinestone Eyes
01-14-2011, 09:00 AM
poor naz, all he did was feast on the flesh of the living

Merry
01-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Well you could tell by the insanely shocked expression that Merry the Butcher was truly thunderstruck by the events of the meeting. She really and truly had though that Naz was just that slippery shop keeper from down the way, and to find out that he was in fact, a hideous monster that had eaten some of her best customers put her in a tizzy, to say the least.

“Golly” she was heard to exclaim as she wandered back to her shop, “and to think I was gonna help him promote his next calendar photo shoot. “Wonder where I return all those thongs he left at my shop?.” The thoughts of a werewolf in a pink thong, causing her to giggle with glee, even given the sad events of the day.

"I still don't trust that Cookies, however" She muttered under her breath. "I think he's somehow responsible for some of this bloodshed as well."

Shadowstar
01-22-2011, 01:25 AM
I told you all Naz was one of them. You all didnt believe me and people died because of it.

ILYTH
01-23-2011, 01:22 AM
sorry this dies for a little bit guys, hectic work schedule I guess, watch this space because I'll edit it into the wolves next feast.

ILYTH
02-04-2011, 02:05 PM
The young man made his way silently down the dark alleyways and secluded streets of Downtown, the spring time cherry blossoms cushioning his hurried steps as he dashed along his way.

Things had gone badly since the mob boss took over the operation, sure McEvoy had been slow and incompetent but there was something off about the mob boss. It was almost as if he didn’t care if the wolf killed everyone as long as he got to catch it.

On the first day the goons had started rounding up bait, the poor souls rounded up from there houses and marched into cages with nary a piece of silver between them. Come morning the cages were always empty and the traps set for the canine menace unmoved. The Guards never saw anything but the young man expected the goons probably left the poor victims alone as soon as their boss wasn’t looking.

It seemed that the one thing they were more afraid of than the wolf was Finx, and with good reason, The young apprentice still shuddered as he remembered the sound of that giant juicer whirring in the lonely warehouse, calling for human meat.

The town was quieter every day now, the first week had just beent he old and sick that the monstrous Finx had used to lure the wolf towards his ineffectual traps. The first was Mrs Milligan the School Mistress, her screams louder than her school bell ever was as the wolf feasted on her flesh.

More had been taken into the vans and rounded up, getting younger and fitter as the town began to resemble more of a hamlet, it’s surviving occupants huddled in fear of the either the beast that stalked the quiet streets and of their maniacal ‘protector.’

The Junior cobbler had joined a resistance to try and fight Finx and catch the wolf at the same time. They were mostly small time, vandalism or property, stealing, investigating after curfew, hardly the rap sheet of a major criminal mastermind but it gave the young men of the town a sense that the troubles could be fought and that they could be more than just lambs to their eventual slaughter.

The young man had been out getting supplies for the destruction of a shipment of Finx’s black market shampoo, he always worked at night and as such had been branded Shadowstar by his fellow resistance fighters. The contact had been evasive over the phone and refused to divulge information unless they met in person.

As Shadowstar came up to the dock he saw a robed figure standing mere metres away, their skin pale in the moon light and ther face obscured. Shadowstar went closer and threw over the money as per the agreement “You have the flares?” The figure remained still and silent. Shadowstar persisted “ Are you alright? Do you need a doctor” His heart skipped a beat as he was answered by a shrill howl from the cloaked figure as it lowered itself on to four legs before springing at him.

Shadow said his final prayers in his mind and relived his life a thousand times in the time it took fro the wolf to make the distance to him. He had truly given up hope on the land of the living when a shining whit light appeared from the sky and the clouds rumbled with a heavenly voice “None shall touch this man today, by my grace he is protected, even from you child of shadow.”

At this the wolf turned and bolted from the docks, leaving only the robe behind. Shadow saw no possible source of the angels appeareance and ran home, leaving the money and the cloak behind him at the docks, longing only for the warmth and comfort of his bed.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet more angelic intervention, votes in and sorry for the delay XD

Alice
02-06-2011, 10:29 PM
:legasp:

My vote, this time, is cast for ChesireTiger. She sided with Naz at the beginning. And what did Naz turn out to be? Mhmmm.

ChesireTiger
02-07-2011, 11:26 PM
((sorry for the extremely late absence. ":( ))

My vote is cast for .....

Merry :)

Merry
02-08-2011, 07:42 PM
EEP! D:

I shall ponder my response, and my vote... and get back to you XD

Merry
02-17-2011, 02:18 AM
eek! I vote for ChesireTiger then.. cause she voted for me! XD

Shadowstar
02-17-2011, 04:02 AM
My vote is for Merry as well. She is far too nice of a person and it has to be a front to throw people off. Well nice to all but Naz and we know how he turned out. must be an inside thing if she can be nice to all but him.

Marmalade Jam
02-17-2011, 04:33 AM
I'm voting for Merry aswell, an admin tag team would make sense.

Merry
02-17-2011, 11:52 AM
http://www.ayushveda.com/womens-magazine/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/claimcryingbaby.jpg

say it ain't so.... wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Alice
02-23-2011, 09:12 PM
UP UP!
Everyone, come ON! Get yer votes in!

Merry
02-24-2011, 12:43 AM
yeah! what she said! even though i really don't want this game to go on... since I'll be DEAD you people all gangin up on me an all... jeezums

ILYTH
02-24-2011, 01:17 AM
and the votes are in, the execution will be edited into this post later today

Alice
03-05-2011, 09:07 PM
So... The execution...

ILYTH
03-06-2011, 02:56 AM
Alice gets a gold star for reminding me, I will write it now. Sorry guys

Alice
03-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Anytime. C:
So anyway, I'll be nagging this thread until this game's finished. Just notifying y'all. :D

Merry
03-10-2011, 04:02 AM
*pokes*

ILYTH
03-10-2011, 04:51 AM
now merry is back we can execute her, yaaaaay

Lupita
03-31-2011, 02:02 AM
id have to say my vote is on rhinestone eyes...

Alice
04-02-2011, 05:12 AM
Um what? @ Lupita

And can we just say that Merry's dead? It's for the greater cause of keeping the game going. I am not letting this die, yo!

ILYTH
04-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Lupita this is a looooooooooooong running thing that you unfortunatley missed out on. It's not that we want to exclude you but seeing as you would jsut be joining now we would all know you arent the wolf so it would defeat the purpose. Also Rhinestone is already out XD

Merry is dead and will be buried very shortly.

Merry
04-02-2011, 01:06 PM
yeah, yeah, yeah... seem to have heard this before, and yet I am still very much Alive!
*dancer*

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Please take your time KKOD -grin- I like being ALIVE!

Alice
04-20-2011, 05:48 AM
Umm can we just say that Merry is dead and move on? :/

ILYTH
04-20-2011, 06:19 AM
The ash from the cigar fell to the floor with a soft thump, the mob boss had taken the twon. The wolf dilemma was a worry but it had helped immensly in getting rid of that fool inspector, now if he could find the last wolf the town would be fully under his grip and the people his. The aging gangster lifted his bulky frame up from his chair and strode around his desk and out his door, the scent of whiskey strong in his wake.

It didn't take long to rouse his minions and underlings the guard house was not far from the study he had spent the past few weeks in. Rumors had started to circulate that the wolf had taken him but in truth the mob boss was scared, the last thing he needed was this angel, he was not a man at peace with such beings.

The community had been roused and the mob had spoken, today was meerly ther day of the the execution, a final gambit in his game to take Downtown. The crowd had been easy to incite to murder, the fear of the wolf drove them to deeds even he felt exsessive, beatings in the streets, ostricisations and violence was now common place.

The torches of the gang were visible long before the black maybach rolled down the cobbled streets Downtown. The night sky was near starless and the moon full, if not for the wolf's absense the people would not have dared to be outside thier homes. The talk of angels had emboldened the people and given them the confidence to survive.

The mob boss stepped out of the car, his shoes clacking down on the hard stone of the streets, his low drawl wafting through the air as his face was iluminated breifly by the dying embers of his cigar "Where's the chosen?" almost at once the crowd parted and a figure was pushed to the front.

She the woman was bound and gagged, the school teacher Merry. A good woman but with a schedual vague enough to arouse suspission. The mob boss walked slwoly up to the woman slightly confused by the fact that her breath was not misting in the cold like every other villager present. "You have been chosen to die, if you are the wolf then this is a good thing if not then you understand why we must do this." the boss snapped his fingers prompting two burly thugs to move the teacher over to the wall.

Five guards stepped from behind the car, tommy guns cocked at the hips, the air was split by noise and muzzle flare lit up the sky. Merry did not fall however, she rose into the air a set of glorious wings spreading from her spine. Lightening began to crack and strike buildings lighting fires and causing great damage. After on particularly loud thunder clap after angel had ascended into the clouds all around the town a voice echoed in the minds of those assembled "You have let your thirst for vengance sour your minds and have turned on your protector, your fate is your own and the your aggressors your just reward.You are alone in the dark and the cold, Goodbye."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Wolf PM me your choice, hopefully people haven't forgotten about this due to my slackness.

ILYTH
07-28-2011, 02:24 AM
The hooded figure strolled through the town, the hem of it's flowing robe skimming over pebbles and stones. The streets were empty and silent, as well the might be for the town was empty. The detective had tried to stop them, as had the special investigator from Scotland yard, even an angel had stepped in to stop the bloody rampage. Eventually though the end came to the small town, through fog and shadow her and her twin had feasted on the flesh of Downtown.

She had worried when the mob boss had stepped in with his soldiers and weapons, but still no one had suspected the little flower girl selling red roses on the corner. They had all seen with their last moments, the investigator had even managed a quip before she had his throat out in her powerful jaws.

When the angle left the wolf knew that she had won, it was only a matter of patience and not getting greedy and she had succeeded. In the darkness she had come and in their droves the people died. She let out a chilling laugh as she remembered the looks of horror on the faces of the people, the big tough mob boss who had begged for his life, the inspector resolute in the face of death, all fell to her.

as she reached the fountain in the town center she flipped off her hood and howled long into the night air, the town had fallen and Alice had won.

Alice
07-28-2011, 03:30 AM
B(

*disappears into the shadows*