PDA

View Full Version : Nazgul's Home Remedies for the Morning After

John
01-01-2011, 05:42 PM
So I'm sure that more than one of you woke up with the nasty feeling called a hangover. But fear not my friends, there are many ways to chase away the nausea and generally lousy feeling.

1) Gatorade - Ah yes, the drink of athletes, and maybe this is why. For the record, I find purple to be the best

2) A hearty, greasy breakfast - Fried foods are your friend right now. A couple of nice greasy eggs (preferably over easy and runny) and some bacon or sausage will really help to chase the demons away. Serving in a dirty ashtray topped with cheese is entirely optional.

3) Chocolate Milk - Before trying this, make sure you understand, I'm not talking about mixing syrup with milk...and that would be bad. Milk, when you are hungover will actually curdle in your stomach, for some reason the store bought cartons of chocolate milk do not.

4) Swiss Chalet - Only people from Canada will know what I'm talking about here. My personal recommendation goes to the quarter chicken dinner with fries (white meat only) Personally, I think it's something in the chalet sauce that is what is actually working.

5) Hair of the Dog - If you own a dog, take a big bite out of him. Hopefully he has fleas which will provide needed protein XD. Yes hair of the dog, combating alcohol with alcohol. Now before you start pounding back tequila shots and send your liver screaming for the door, there are two drinks in particular that will aid in helping the hangover. These are, the Bloody Ceaser and a Red Eye. I'm sure some of you already know what a ceaser, for those who don't know what a red eye is though, let me explain. There are many recipes for this drink, but I find the one that works best to cure a hangover. The recipe I would use is beer, tomato or clamato juice, Worcestershire sauce and one raw egg. Note that this is not a sipping drink and should be drunk in one go. If you can get it to your lips, this will definitely help to cure you of the post party blues.

6) Stay Drunk - I don't recommend this method as we all have to sober up once in a while (unless you're Charlie Sheen)

So these are six tried and tested cures for the hangover. I know there are more, but these are the ones I have always found work best for me. Feel free to post any you have that I may have missed.

Happy New Year Everybody!

Shadowstar
01-01-2011, 07:41 PM
I am one of the lucky few who dont get hangovers. One method I have seen work is to avoid the hangover in the first place. Drink a glass of water between hard liquor drinks or every couple of beers and you should have no issues in the morning. Hangovers are just a severe case of dehydration after all. Just my two cents on solving one of the great pains of the universe.

Merry
01-01-2011, 11:59 PM
*shudder* ew, ew, ew...

Miss Devil
01-02-2011, 02:18 AM
Thank you Naz this saved my life.

ILYTH
01-02-2011, 03:09 AM
6 words peeps. Full English Breakfast Extra Black Pudding. Works a charm for me XD

Glitch
01-02-2011, 04:26 AM
Greasy food has always done brilliant things for me, but I usualy dont stop at one cure, I like some greasy food with a glass of whiskey, followed by a couple bottles of Gatorade rain. Sets me right, and I have done some hard drinking in my time. Nothing like being 19 stationed in a country where the drinking age was 16. The superiors never liked it, but they rarely discovered it.

starlite_starbright
06-17-2012, 11:24 AM
ramen noodles in the morning.

or eating poptarts, kraft dinner or something greasy from dennies at night after the bar normally helps out.

Bacon Wizard
01-29-2014, 07:39 AM
Bacon is proven as a hangover cure (as much as anything is) and the part that is active in doing so is the brown, crispy fat.

The browning is not caramelization as some will tell you. It is the result of the maillard effect whereby amino-acids and natural sugars in the meat react in the presence of heat. That golden colour is not only delicious and gives us that big umami hit, but is also responsible for hangover relief :)