PDA

View Full Version : The Star Dragon

Lord Tully
01-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Time: 0900 hours

The ships intercom buzzed to life on all decks, in a light tone Max spoke into the mic, "Good morning boys and girls, this your captain speaking, I'm sure you are all aware that we were shcedualed to depart from I.O. today. But bad news guys, we're going to be delayed a while." Max paused for a second allowing a few bored crew members to groan "I know it's dissappointing, but you see it's seems that our wonderfully talented helmsman, ISN'T FREAKING HERE!" he said the last three words as loud as he could so that he'd wake her if she was still sleeping. Max then continued in his original pleasent tone, "Yuko, would you kindly get up here and d the job I pay you for?" He then clicked off the intercom and and sat back in his chair rubbing his forehead, "If she isn't here in 10 minutes someone go look for her."

TheDashingRogue
01-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Another glass bottle exploded with a bang as the intercom chimed out.

"C'mon Yuko!" Sledge hollered, his voice echoing around the otherwise unoccupied cargo bay "Let's get this boat in the air!"

He straightened his arm again and slowly squeezed the trigger as another glass bottle exploded on the edge of a battered old cargo container, showering the floor with more glass shards. Grinning he spun the pistol in his hand, fumbling it momentarily before placing it carefully in its holster.

The captain was right to be noisy, they'd been stuck in this hole of a Shipyard for so long that Sledge couldn't remember when they'd got there. Yuko was a good pilot, one of the best he'd seen, but that's no consolation when she wasn't at her seat.

Sledge started making his way up towards the canteen through the corridors of the ship - hoping to grab a bite to eat before they left.

GraftRaven
01-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Krath sat up swiftly at the loud part of the announcement, then listened groggily to the rest: "EAKING HERE! Yuko, would you kindly get up here and do the job I pay you for?" Krath then looked at where he was, the canteen, then he remembered waking up the first time that morning and coming down to get something to eat. Sure enough a bowl of now half soggy cereal sat in front of him. Krath scarfed down the soft grain based flakes, they were much better when they actually had crunch, then bussed his tray and began walking in the direction he knew would take him to the control room. Before he exited he waved to Sledge as he came in one of the other doors to the canteen, then adjusted his headphones and put on some electronic music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIyE3EDCigE) and began autopiloting himself to the control room, almost completely unaware of anything around him.

Shadowstar
01-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Crystal listened to the captain over the intercom as she went about checking the supplies in what passed for a medical facility in the ship, wincing at the volume when he started shouting for Yuko. It was going to be an interesting trip if this is how it was going before they ever left the ship yard she thought. Picking up two small crates she left the room and headed off towards the front of the vessel to place the emergency medical kits on the bridge of the ship.

Seeing Krath ahead of her she smiled and sped up slightly to try and close the gap between them. She tried to get his attention unaware of the headphones stuck in his ears. A sigh escaped her lips as she just tried to keep up pace behind him, hoping he would notice her eventually.

spirits breath
01-05-2011, 03:52 PM
She was rudely called for, conveniently in the middle of a nice lather. She then had to rush through and rinse out the rest of the soap as well as dry off quickly to get her uniform on.

she didn't even have enough time to completly dry off her tail and was forced to actually run to the bridge. Lucky on her part, she had a room fairly close to the bridge, and the halls clear. "I can't be that late, he said 0920 hours. not 0857." She spoke with a it of annoyance.

On her way in, she practically jumped sideways to avoid trucking through the captain. "Sorry captain, won't happen again captain." She slowed into a walk to ease into the chair. Her face giving a hint of confusion. "Who adjusted my seat? I get it in the one good spot and then I am too short."

She started up the ship, hearing the soothing sound of the humming lights. "hope you are ready to go. Send over the coordinates when we are in space." " Can't even let me dry off or get ready. Not like we have a co-pilot to keep this thing afloat in space." She looked back at Krath and crystal. "Thanks for the supplies, and always good to see your face. Krath, well. You are going to have to work on something to prevent Someone from adjusting my seat."

Yuko's gaze then darted back to the window in front of her. Her tail practically wagging through the tail hole in the back of the seat. The ship was just under the gravity sphere and within seconds, they would be in deep space. Her hands moved to flick on the artificial gravity. Tail still wagging. " I always love this part."

TheDashingRogue
01-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Sledge turned to the canteen and acknowledged Krath with a friendly nod, he was more than likely listening to some of his music so he didn't try to have a chat.

Absent mindedly Sledge began sliding open storage cupboards, sifting through ration packs and synthesised food. Nutritionally it was good, but the taste was never worth it. He settled for a few slices of processed thin white bread, clumsily spreading some marmalade jam over them before throwing them down onto a cheap white plastic plate. Taking the plate with him, Sledge grabbed a topped drinks container - similar to the ones you would find in a fast food restaurant - and filled it with strawberry milk substitute from a drinks machine.

Straw applied and slurping noisily, Sledge began to make his way towards the cabin where he'd seen Krath head a few moments prior, both hands occupied with carrying breakfast and his head craned down to the straw.

GraftRaven
01-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Krath pulled of his headphones and placed them around his neck as he entered the bridge. "Well Yuko, i could probably make a chair lock oh, Crystal, sorry i didn't see you there. Would you like some help with those?" He turned, tail staying at his side against his natural want to let it go flying. "Oh, and good morning to you captain." He turned his head and gave a short nod before returning his gaze to Crystal.

(short post is short... but interactive xD)

Lord Tully
01-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Max smiled and nodded to Krath and Crystal, before turning to face Yuko, "Good idea Krath, perhaps you should also check to make sure Yuko's clock is working right. You know me Yuko, I don't mind if you're late every once in a while, but on days like this it'd be nice for you to come in when I ask you to come in." he told her trying to the critisizm constructive. Max then shock his head a small bit, "I think that's enough lecturing for one day, I found a possible lead on a job that needs doing. Yuko take us to Sector 218, Gowin System, fourth planet." he then flicked his wrist to signal Yuko to engage the engines and take the ship out.

Shadowstar
01-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Crystal smiled and shook her head to Krath. "No thank you, They aren't really that heavy, just a few medical supplies in case of an emergency." She moved to one side of the bridge so she was out of the way of important procedures and watched the ship move out into space. She had been through this many times before but each time seemed amazing to her and she enjoyed watching it as much as she could. She looked over to the captain and smiled. "What sort of job are we off to this time sir? Or is it one of those ones where we are better off not knowing right away and I should be making sure the med facilities are ready?"

Lord Tully
01-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Max put his hand up, "Nothing to keep secret this time Crystal, this one is just a cargo run, some deep space science station needs a supply drop pretty badly, apperently their regular guy is weeks late and they're starting to worry. We're to get the stuff there and help out the missing ship if we come across it. It's pretty simple but they're willing to pay quite a bit so I thought we'd check it out."

GraftRaven
01-05-2011, 11:50 PM
"Oh, alright then." He said to Crystal, Krath then went to sit in an unoccupied chair, tail sliding into the spot that the now missing lower back panel usually occupied. He listened to the usual departure conversation, and then Crystal's question and Max's answer. "Yea, well a cargo mission can still go south captain." He spun in the chair for a few revolutions then stopped abruptly, realizing how foolish that probably looked.

"While i still don't have anything to do, is there something you'd like me to do captain?" Krath was starting to get bored with the morning, though at least now they were underway, and didn't want to be falling asleep again as he had done at breakfast.

spirits breath
01-05-2011, 11:55 PM
She manually began to adjust the seat, " why must it be the seat? He trying to collect my patches of fur or something? Though, I could always give him a little thrill soon." she spoke her thoughts aloud.

She heard Krath behind her saying that he could put a lock on the chair. She gave out a soft chuckle. Her ears trying to fold back to hear him better. "Don't wag that thing too much at the opportunity to go into my room on captains orders. you won't want to look through some of the things I have. But if you go, you better bring my brush." She gave a profound raise and surprisingly controlled hold up of her tail.

Yuko flicked up the main engines, and began to turn the ship to the direction of Sector 218. Her course would be to slingshot along the outer parts of planets and gain speed, more for fuel conservation and extra time than a luxury cruse. although she couldn't stop herself from moving her tail to make little thuds on the chair, she loved watching the planets. " Now how do I stop this thing?"

she strained to keep her mouth shut. But had to monitor the several meters. Her body turning with the help of her tail. "Crystal, might I ask if you have gotten a new conditioner? It makes your hair look so nice and shiney. And would you mind letting me use it for a little?" She sighed before speaking softly. " Krath and his womanizing. He needs to control that tail of his when he talks to her."

Lord Tully
01-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Max stood up from his chair and looked to Krath, choosing to ignore the fact that he had just been spinning around like an 8 year old, "As a matter of fact there is something you can do Krath, I want you to do down to engineering and keep an eye on the engines. Sometimes they act up after sitting still for so long and I'd rather you be on hand if they do."

TheDashingRogue
01-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Sledge walked staggeredly along the corridor, toast in hand, slurping from the drinks container. He finished the milkshake just as he arrived in the cockpit and placed it down onto an instrument panel before walking up behind the assembled crew.

He glanced out through the window and into the expanse beyond. The planets all looked so tiny from out here, almost like you could reach out and pluck them from the black and put them in your pocket. He paused, considering the metaphor for a moment, before munching into a slice of toast.

"Did I miss the briefing?" he said with his cheeks full of toast. He swallowed the remaining pieces and thumped his chest as they interupted his breathing. He looked at the others and, remembering his manners, held out the remaining marmalade covered slice.

"I'm sorry, toast anyone?"

GraftRaven
01-06-2011, 12:34 AM
"Aye captain. He got up out of the chair and started to walk towards the door. "Looks like you won't have to worry about me being in your room after all, Yuko.' He smiled a bit as he walked out the door, then put his headphones back on and started another tune (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61MFCcY4vh8), setting up his communicator to interrupt his music and transmit into his headphones as he walked.

A minute later he swiped a security card into the access panel and the door to the engineering office slid open. He sat down at the desk and logged into the display, which immediately began showing vital stats about the engines. Krath looked down both hallways that lead off to the port and starboard engines respectively, then put his booted feet on an empty portion of the desk and watched the display, unless something happened or someone wanted a video chat this was going to be a rather dull departure.

Higurashi
01-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Irstvah was in the back of the canteen listening to the pounding music with a sense of only half listening creally displayed on his face. He didn't mind the music, but he preffered the rythmic drums of his homeworld to the current techno rock. The music seemed to be a new variant. He knew this, as he had picked it up for the Canteen's bartender.

Getting up from his eat, he made his way to the cockpit. He instinctively knew the ship was outbound. He had been on ships so long he just knew. He had not even heard the intercom due to the music. Finally, he arrived at the cockpit. He noted the tuft of fur in the co-pilots chair. 'Krath has been sitting in my seat again,' he thought sullenly. Sitting down in the chair, he adjusted it to his own height. 'They always forget that I'm the co-pilot'. The thought brought a frown to his face.

He spoke to no one, monitoring the switches, lights, dials, and meters. Co-pilot was an important position, though people rarely thought of it as such. The pilot, as good as she was, couldn't handle the entire ship by herself. He noticed a fluctuation in the engine section. He adjusted the frequencies, but it persisted. 'Hope some isnt in the engine room,' he thought. 'Oh well, here goes.' He turned the nobs to balance the energy flow. If anyone was nearby the engines, it might hurt a little, more like your skin was on fire. It didn't actually hurt you though.

Lord Tully
01-06-2011, 01:04 AM
Max put his hand to his temple as Sledge entered the room slurping from a cup, somehow Sledge always found ways to give him a headache. Hearing the mans question Max turned to face him, "No you didn't miss anything important, we're just going into deep space on a Cargo run. Oh and Sledge, if you make a mess on my bridge, you are cleaning it up." after a few moments Max turned back to Crystal, "On second thought Doc, if we come across that missing ship it's likely that someone's hurt, so just make some basic preperations just in case."

GraftRaven
01-06-2011, 01:04 AM
Krath sat bolt upright in his chair, the temperature in the port engines had just spiked. Again. He flipped down the microphone on his headphones and patched into the copilot's console, making a small video feed appear. "Istvah, haven't i told you not to overheat the engines?" Krath flipped a few switches, which caused ventilation flaps to open on the outside of the ship, allowing the engines to cool while maintaining their current output. He reclined in his chair once again. "Do try not to cook me next time, huh?" He chuckled a bit as he shut off the video feed.

spirits breath
01-06-2011, 03:02 AM
She was tempted to just give Irstvah a good old smack. however, she opened up a control panel, analyzing the ships speed and the estimated speed increase from slingshoting. "Lets see, put this decimal here, raise this by fourty kilometers a second, and then multiply that by...roughly twelve. And divide by sixty. And we should be there in an estimated twelve hours at best. just the section, going to slow down near the entrance and slow down for radar sweeps. so perhaps fifteen hours?"

She Adjusted the path, speaking into the visual chat communicator. "Hey Krath, I can see your furry tail from here. I suggest you keep away from the left and right tube thingies and help me keep them under eight percent thrust. she made a light wink with her left ear and eye. I will let you know to start watching the temperatures. And you should know, once we hit top speed, I will keep them at barely a flicker, and use planets for speed. so soon you can come up. And when you do, can you bring me one of those things of milk or juice. anything really. I will pay you back for it." she looked back and forth between the window and the screen. " i wonder if i can get his pigment to stick to my tail? though if I would love to give his chest a compairison with sledge and Irstivia? Irtva. Can't even think how to pernounce it." She looked with a smile over to Irstvah and then back out the window.

she slowly increased the thrusters to make a path towards the Helit plane and then swing past its gravity field to its moon, then be sent to her next destination.

Shadowstar
01-06-2011, 04:00 AM
She looked around at all the commotion that erupted in the bridge of the ship and shook her head to herself. All the conflicting personalities and everything still managed to get done rather efficiently, though a few heads slammed off each other occasionally. She looked up at Yuko and ran one of her hands through her hair with a smile. "Yeah, i got bored and took the time to create something balanced for my hair. I can synthesize something for you if you stop by the med bay when we get some free time."

She stood up from her seat in the corner and walked towards the door before looking back at the captain. "Do we have any information on how many people are on the missing ship so I can have adequate space available in case they are all in bad shape? Don't want to be storing people in the cargo bay. Sledge needs his room to shoot stuff." She smirked and winked at sledge, shaking her head no to the offered piece of toast.

Lord Tully
01-06-2011, 04:39 AM
Max smirked and quipped to Krath, "Well at least it got your attention. Though Irstvah might be nice if you give a little warning next time." he then turned to Crystal, "From what I could gather it's about the size of a standard shuttle, probably not more then a dozen or so crew members. But we'll know more once we get to Gowin 4 so don't plan too far ahead."

Higurashi
01-06-2011, 05:17 AM
Irstvah sighed inwardly. This was the way it always was. Krath probably had been ordered to the engine room. If he hadn't Irstvah would simply consider him to be an idiot. It was dangerous being in there, and they all knew that. What really irked Irstvah was that everyone reprimanded him for trying to fix a potentially lethal error. Well, even more than that, they had been snotty in his opinion.

Irstvah didn't have a high opinion of the crew. He had respect for their jobs, but even that was waning. No one likes being ignored, especially if they think their job is important. It was almost if he didn't exist to them. Irstvah was sure that the pilot had forgetten his name again from the look on her face. He simply ignored Krath, but nodded Curtly at the captain. Still, he did not speak.

Turning back to the terminal, he began to sift through the messy readings and data that no one else ever paid attention to. He brought them slightly off the screen to see them better. As he when a-sifting, he came across the crew logs. They were terribly dis-ogranized, so he went through them and put them in order. Of course, he read them all to do so.. It was rather funny how no one ever put a password on their logs. Irstvah did, but the rest of the crew had done a sloppy job of it repeatedly.

Lord Tully
01-06-2011, 05:40 AM
After a couple of minutes of checking readouts Max figured out what had happened and walked up behind Irstvah, he spoke in a low voice so not everyone would hear, "Listen Irstvah, I don't want you thinking that I don't respect you or your position. If you hadn't been here to correct them, the engines might've burned out, which probably would've left Krath severly injured if not dead. I apologise if it seemed I wasn't appreciative of what you did." He waited for a responce from the large man, but half expected to recieve only silence.

TheDashingRogue
01-06-2011, 08:50 AM
"No you didn't miss anything important, we're just going into deep space on a Cargo run. Oh and Sledge, if you make a mess on my bridge, you are cleaning it up."

"You got it Chief" he threw Max a mock salute before dropping the drinks container in a compact waste disposer. The Captain was an alright guy, but he needed to learn to chill once in a while, Sledge thought. He needed an outlet, most people had them on board in some way or another. At least he wasn't as grim as Irstvah - who seemed to be preoccupied with something to do with the computers. Sledge wasn't sure and he was a hard guy to read.

He saw Yuko's eyes glance back to his slice of toast. "Take it. You look like you skipped breakfast" He placed the plate somewhere where it wouldn't hit any controls, or what he thought were controls, and smiled.

"Well if it's just a cargo run then I'll just head on back, maybe swing by the engine room if it isn't on fire" he left the corridor whistling, his job was fairly cushy whilst it was all going well, it might even be an easy pay check this time.

"You're all welcome to shoot a few rounds down range" he called back as he disappeared down the corridor "Just give me a holler on my mic thing"

spirits breath
01-07-2011, 02:12 PM
She looked over at Irstivah. "It is all good. And it is alright Irsty. Even then, I don't think Krath should have gone in there before we could engage the ventalation system. And it isn't a leave open type of thing either." She turned in her chair and rested a hand on his thigh. Soon, she was trasnfixed at his eyes. " such beautiful eyes, and I shall have to swat his hair before I leave." She spoke without even realizing it.

She sat back down and gave her tail a few wags to get it in at a comfortable location. Her hand tenetavly moving to the piece of toast. "Many thanks sledge. I was in the middle of a shower when I was interupted. Least your considerate enough to bring me something. She gave a light click with her tongue and then used her free hand to keep everything in line. "So, has anyone a good story, or shall I begin to talk about my recent activities?"

GraftRaven
01-08-2011, 01:15 AM
"Can do Yuko." Kreath said into his mic, then activated the heat shield, a series of doors that seperated the engine compartments from the engineering control center, and set about keeping thrust hovering around 8% capacity. It wasn't a terribly hard task, mostly just monitoring and adjusting intake settings and heat levels.

A minute passed, then an alert came across the screen, the containment field in the starboard engine was fluctuating. If that went down then it was highly likely that the engine would catastrophically fail. "The auxiliary projector..." Krath mumbled to himself, so low that the Michael would not pick it up. He activated the auxiliary field projector, then shit off the primary one and started a full diagnostic.

Finding nothing wrong he re-activated it, but resolved to keep an eye on its status. Krath then returned to tweaking the settings, patiently awaiting his reprieve from Yuko.

Higurashi
01-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Irstvah thought for a moment as the captain spoke. He did appreciate the words. At the same time, the man should have shown proper respect at the beginning. After thinking it through, Irstvah replied. "Thank you sir." It was all he said before turning back to the terminal, but it was likely the first time much of the crew had ever heard him speak.

What was odder was what Yuko said. He was okay with her praise aswell, but the intimate contact was disconcerting. What she said was oven more disturbing. Even after she turned away, Irstvah was looking at her, wondering why she had said that. After a minute or so, he turned back to the terminal, monitoring it. He did notice the heat sheild anamoly, but he assumed Krath had fixed it when it went away.

Then his mind wondered back to Yuko. He was still paying attention, but his mind was elsewhere. 'Why did she touch me?' he thought. 'On my world such contact is a sign of affection, but it may be different here.... Then what was that about my eyes and hair?'

Shadowstar
01-08-2011, 04:27 PM
She smiled and gave a slight bow to the captain before she left the bridge. She wandered down the hall lost in thought on her way to the canteen. There were a few supplies there she needed to pick up for the medical bay that would be important if they took on wounded. She ran a hand though her hair as she walked through the door and headed to the storage room. After loading a case of nutritional bars and several bottles of water onto a cart she pushed it back out to the main room.

"You're here, might as well eat something yourself." she mentioned to herself as she parked the cart with the supplies against a wall. Rooting around in the kitchen area she found some fruit and a carton of juice that she thought would do well enough for a meal. Carrying the food out to a table with and empty glass she sat down and poured herself some juice and relaxed. The med bay wouldn't be going anywhere so she figured she had some time to enjoy herself for a bit.

TheDashingRogue
01-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Sledge scuffed his boot along the corridor's metal floor as he walked towards the engineering part of the ship. He felt like a bit of a third wheel for the most part and sometimes resented just not being able to do much except monkey-work when the situation wasn't going down the pan. "This boring frak-ass contract sure doesn't run up to much" he thought "Captain better hope I don't get a better offer whilst I'm down there".

He arrived in the engineering area after a short while and rifled through his own pockets for his security card. He was sure the damn thing had been around his neck - or in his pockets.

"Frakking thing, why do we even have these damn cards when we're the only ones on board!" he cursed, his rough voice echoing through the corridor.

He thumped the control panel and kicked the door in an outburst. As it happened the door hadn't been locked and it opened easily, the heavy mechanism clunking as the thick door slided open. With a look of surprise on his face followed by a sly grin, Sledge stepped into the engineering office.

He always liked engineering. Not that he understood any of how the machines down here actually worked, but he liked their sheer power and the noise of the ship's engines.

Walking past the computer terminals he glanced at their readings, tapping screens and absent mindedly flicked through some paperwork and stationery. He approached Krath with a smile and sat down on one of the other chairs in the room just behind him. He leaned back, arms behind his head, and placed his boots on the desk table.

"Hey Krath, buddy, thought ya could use a little company down here on your lonesome." he paused momentarily and turned off his mic before speaking again in a hushed tone.

"So what d'ya think? I'm thinking this ain't no cargo run - not by the way the Cap'ns running things, all straight edge and by the book. It's too tight for my liking."

spirits breath
01-09-2011, 03:19 PM
She had looked at the small magnifying lens, aiming it a little before. "Krath, ten seconds, I am going to stop turning, so they should drop. but then I hope your heat shields are good because I am going to give the engines a warm-up to full then get up to speed before letting them drop. The usual." She slowly stopped turning the ship. Counting softly to ten before slowly accelerating.

Raising her mic from her mouth, she looked at Irstivah. "what made you decide to become a pilot? you look like you could be a mechanic or a soldier. And perhaps when we are off later, we can spar. Just for fun." She gave him a wink before letting her tail swish. Her mind surprisingly empty as her gaze went back to the front window. "Going up to thirty percent Krath, and increasing." " Is he really going to stay in there?" Her Head looked at both the stars and Irstivah. Her tail starting to sway behind her.

GraftRaven
01-09-2011, 06:32 PM
(Can we acknowledge that in the engineering "office" it doesn't get that hot? I mean its not like its three feet away from the engines.)

Krath had barely stopped snickering when Sledge sat down, it had not been the first time someone had thought the door was locked. At Sledge's question he lifted his mic away before responding. "Well, to be honest I don't really know, but if I had my bet I'd say that we're going to run into something unexpected, it never fails to interrupt a simple mission."

At that moment Yuko came over the video chat again and told him what was going on. He nodded, watching the readings. "Everything still checks out, but just to let you know the starboard containment field was acting up a bit ago, but it seems to be fine now." He sat back in his chair again, thinking, posed a question to Sledge" "Hey, do you have any sniper rifles we could use on the range you set up?"

TheDashingRogue
01-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Sledge's grin widened.

"Do I?" he chuckled. Sledge spent most of his pay on acquiring, maintaining and upgrading all manner of weaponry. It was a perk of the job that he alone (and the Captain) had access to the ship's armoury - of course crewmembers had whatever personal weapons they could fit in their quarters but the real fun stuff, Sledge believed, was kept behind closed doors.

"If it kills something, chances are I've got it in the armoury. And if it ain't in the armoury..." he paused, letting the words hang in the air "...then it's probably in my quarters."

He turned around in the chair to face Krath, he was almost surprised by the mechanic's question. The little pilot had never seemed like a fighter.

"You gettin' a little bored of all this plumbing?" he gestured to the engine room "Or just lookin' for a little practice?"

Lord Tully
01-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Max was almost surprised to hear a verbal response from Irstvah, he usually only communicated with nods. Max himself simply nodded to he man and turned to go back to his Captain's chair, hearing Yuko's comment about being interrupted, "Well Yuko, take this as a lesson on making sure your clock is working, right before launch days like this." He said to the pilot with an edge of sarchasm in his voice. "Anyway, you can go grab a bite once we're out of the system, me and Irstvah can keep this tub on course until you get back. Unless Irstvah you want to take Yuko up on that sparring offer."

Higurashi
01-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Irstvah considered what was said before responding. He chose his words carefully as usual. "I chose to become what I am because it is what I am good at," he said to Yuko. He then turned to the Captain. "You alone can handle the ship for a good two hours captain. Once we are out of system, I will join Yuko for her spar session." His voice was deep and resonating, leaving a slight echo in your mind.

Turning back to the console, he skimmed over the files until he came to Yuko's personal logs. He put those away into his pad for checking later, and he wasn't sure why he did it. Maybe it simply interested him. Getting up from his chair, he glanced at the screen and found that they were sufficiently out of system.

Turning to his cohorts, he offered his hand to Yuko.

spirits breath
01-11-2011, 04:40 AM
(sorry, been delaying myself. quite a bit lately.)

Her ears looked at Krath before a light swish of her tail, and then it dropped. "I expected some large words from you. Like the energy-capaci-tantilizing-running out of air." She breathed audibly. "Stops the rocks from hitting ship field... Why do ou make things to easy to follow?" She looked at him with a stern look. " could at least ask how I am doing sometimes, or what I am doing."

She began to enter her flight path into the ships computer. " lets see, swing around these two stars, and then float with minimal engines for about twenty minutes. then in about fourty minutes when we are cleared, enjoy some sights... then I can see about actual navigating." She locked in the commands, readying the manual overdrive as she did so. "she's all yours captain. Though we have enough crew here to enjoy some fun yourself. And besides, I know you want to check out my room... See what kind of goodies I have and to take from my stash of MRE desserts. I actually like them." She made a classic claw shape with her hands and a light hiss. "My sweets!"

As she got up, she immediatly grabbed Irstivah's hand. She held her tail away from him. "Just want to feel tall?" She gave a light smile and moved closer to him. "Any restrictions besides groin hits? Cheap." She gave her tail a light swish before her one ear fixated itself to him, the other stick hearing a light hum of the machines. As they left the bridge, she spoke again. "You know, i know your name. I don't mean to mess it up, but I just can't pernounce it perfectly right now. Working on it."

Higurashi
01-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Irstvah smiled slightly when Yuko took his hand, and at her subsequent comments. He thought for a moment as they walked before responding. "No, this will be... freestyle..." He said cautiously. One of the reasons he didn't speak much was because he had a limited grasp of the common language. "It okay about my name," he said, smiling again. They continued walking, eventually coming to the training room. It was then that Irstvah noticed that Yuko was stll holding his hand.

He relucatantly let go of her hand and moved over to the training mats, rolling them up in a corner. He had decided that this would be like a real fight. They would be testing each other without the mats for more realism. He then moved over to the weapons rack, searching through the weapons for one that suited him. All the guns had paintball variaants instead of actuall bullets. After searching for a moment, he took up a long dual blade. It was dull, and wouldn't actually penetrate the skin.

He then turned back to Yuko, observing what she did.

GraftRaven
01-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Krath turned to Sledge. "Its just something i've wanted to try for a while. Anyway, looks like i'm free to get out of here... if you wanted to try and find one i've got an errand to run." He stood up and disengaged the manual override on the engineering controls. "See you in a bit." As Krath walked out the door nearly closed on his tail, then he made his way to the canteen, got Yuko's requested drink, and then started on his way to the training room.

(to be continued, i have to go to class xD)

TheDashingRogue
01-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Sledge nodded.

"Well alright, gimme a call when you're ready." he said after him as the door closed behind Krath. Sledge sat up from the chair slowly, sliding it carelessly under a desk before walking out of the office. He turned off from the corridor to a room just to the side of the entrance to the hanger, the one labelled "Armoury". The Armoury consisted of two parts, the outer and inner areas. The outer area was a small, poorly cared for space in front of the Armoury where those hoping to retrieve the ship's weapons would have them passed to through a kiosk-like wall with a window made from the same material ships' windscreens are made from and a short range intercom.

It was essentially a bank for weapons - sometimes the ship would take on passengers or stowaways, and for a whole variety of security reasons beside (space-dementia, piracy, hull compromisation and weapon malfunctions to name a few) it was a prudent decision to keep the deadly weapons behind locked doors whenever possible. The training equipment was an obvious exception.

Having found his keycard on the floor of the corridor just outside the armoury (a mistake Sledge aimed not to repeat by keeping it now stored around his neck and tucked into his shirt), Sledge unlocked the thick blast door into the main part of the armoury.

Despite all the technological advances of the combined successes of a universe of species, not one had developed a more efficient (and Sledge thought impressive) method of storing firearms and weapons than wall mounts, table stands and heavy duty lockers. Sledge liked to think of it as "Organised chaos", with all manner of weaponry and ammunition either laying on a large flush work table in the centre, stored in lockers and crates to the side of the room or hidden within the depths of the rear storage area on one of the many gun racks. These "racks" were walls which would, at the operator's command, slide over one another, revealing a different array of weaponry. They were loosely organised along weapon size/purpose and helped Sledge keep the ship's weapons in some kind of order. Any other equipment was generally stored in large containers to the side of the entrance.

He walked through, glancing briefly at the large messy table in the centre of the room, adorned with weapons being built, repaired or taken apart and a variety of tools, oils and cloths on which to work them, to the back of the room by the wall rack. He scrolled through the simple digital display terminal to the side, working his way through the different racks until he reached the one aptly labelled "Large Anti-Personnel Weapons, Long Range" and hit the Enter key.

The mechanism clunked noisily as the rotating system cycled through the different walls until it reached the appropriate one and the terminal chimed happily, signalling its arrival like a very dangerous tube-train of ordinance. Sledge stood back to survey the weapons with his hands on his hips. They were a wide variety of scoped rifles, automatic and semi-auto, of varying calibers and ammo types.

He reached up and pulled down a boxy blue and yellow number (http://cghub.com/files/Image/073001-074000/73681/614_realsize.jpg), hoisting it onto his shoulder as he walked back towards the door. He swiped up a small tool-kit and cleaning pack from the work table before opening up an ammunition locker and retrieving several clips of the large shells. Sledge placed the lot into a thin rigid carry case and walked out of the armoury, the heavy door locking behind him.

------

After a short while Sledge had set up several metal targets at the end of the range, each shaped in a vague silhouette (one human, one larger Bagori and one Nagar), extending it along the length of the cargo bay. It could be taken down and moved to the side within a matter of minutes for extra cargo and ships, but the bay was capacious enough to accomodate the use of space. At the other end was a small line of metal crates, a few sandbags, a small table and a chair.

Sledge sat, cleaning the barrel of the rifle inbetween swigs of beer, patiently by the table.

spirits breath
01-12-2011, 02:02 AM
She didn't want Irstivah to let go. that was hopefully sent out a message. She liked how his hand just seemed to eat hers. She stood still, allowing a good view of what he had to offer. Although he would look better with a tail. but that was just her. "Weapons?" She went b him. "I much prefer my hands. Guns and me don't get along." she fumbled around and tossed a hairpin from her head. "These things hurt."

Yuko allowed her white hair to drop. showing off her ears a bit more. "You want no restrictions? Last chance to change your mind." " Now to confuse him" Swishing her tail side to side, she walked with a sway in her hips towards him. Not a normal battle stance, but closed distance good as he never said go yet.

In short, she could picture the fight. get too close for the gun, and even closer to stop the sword. Though he has muscle on her, though she truthfully just wanted to see just how muscular he was. "Nearly forgot."

She began to remove her clothes, showing her stomach for a little as she pulled her spandex shirt down to cover it. Her tail poked out a neat hole in the pants. "No sense to get them messed up."

Higurashi
01-12-2011, 02:10 AM
Irstvah watched as she walked away. He had to admit that she was beautiful, but he must not allow that to distract him. He was slightly distracted when she began to remove some of her clothes, but only for a moment. Irst refocused on the fight and readied himself. As he did so he lowered his sword and crouched in a wide fighting stance. He knew that she would be quicker than him, and keeping distance was optimal.

They stood about twenty feet away from each other, staring each other down. When she was done preparing, Irstvah said, "Go." He waited for a couple of milles-seconds for him to refocus again and made the first move. He stepped forward, trying to get his sword within range.

As he moved forward, once again he un-focused. He was watching the way her body was moving the way her tail swished back and forth. He thought once again on how beautiful she was.

GraftRaven
01-13-2011, 01:08 AM
Krath entered the training room and nearly tripped over his own feet when he saw Yuko, though he recovered his composure. "Ahem, your drink..." He set the large cup on a small table, gave a short wave to Yuko, then scurried out of the door and slammed his back against the adjacent wall as the door smoothly slid shut. Why couldn't he just own up to it and admit that he rather fancied Yuko? Well, weapons testing was always a good stress reliever.

Not three minutes later Krath made his appearance at the impromptu shooting range. "Alright Sledge, lets see what we can put some holes in, shall we?"

spirits breath
01-13-2011, 03:22 AM
For a moment, she was lead to belive Irstivah had second thoughts about what he was doing. However, he even did it again when he sad go. She used this time totake a few quick steps and diving towards him. Trying to be mindful of the sword. dull as it may, two things resulted from it. first off, it hurt... a lot. And second. well a sword can be dull, but swing it fast enough and something is coming off.

She rose up within a good reach for both of them. Herself having one plan. That was to make him submit. But...she just had to have a thing for touching things. And first would be trying to tickle him. Right at the ribs.

Hearing Krath, she aknoledged him with a simple nod and a "Kind of busy, thanks." She had to make sure Irstivah wouldn't do anything to her tail. She just wanted to mess with him a little. But not to lash out with fury to him. And then she went to attempt a disarming maneuver. Though she wouldn't be able to just pull it away. she needed more umph in it. So she acted like a fox and tried to kick up at his face. Putting use of her flexibility.

TheDashingRogue
01-13-2011, 04:46 PM
"Sure thing" he said, placing the rifle heavily into Krath's hands "She's all yours."

He walked up quickly to the edge of the range, shaking the targets with his hand in some vague check for rigidity. They were thin metal plates with white target zones placed on them, archaic in design compared to a digital range, that indicated points, 10 for centre mass, 5 for extremities and 15 for a headshot. Sledge coughed lightly in an announcing way.

"Okay, you got three targets, Terran, Bagori and Nagar. S'no Eldan because the trader wouldn't sell me any." he shrugged "Pretty much the same anyway. Bagori's obviously this big guy here and the Nagar's got these little ears like yourself." he flicked the little metal triangles "Pretty good eh?" he smiled back to Krath.

"Big points for a headshot remember" he said, gesturing to the Bagori target's head "And if you can take the ears off the Nagar then I owe you a drink."

Sledge walked to the side of the range, taking another swig of beer, his face brimming with simplistic pride over the extent of the range. He wasn't sure how good the Nagar would be, by and large Sledge thought they were a little too "soft" in a stand-up fight and he certainly hadn't met too many hardened veterans with ears and a tail. He suspected it was probably a mental thing, something like a "predisp...disp... predispition?". He wasn't sure, but it'd be interesting to see how Krath fared.

Higurashi
01-13-2011, 09:36 PM
As Yuko stepped forward, Irstvah met her with a certain promptness. He swirled his blade's top side from the right, side stepping around her punch in the process. As he did this, he continued wtching her move. It was almost like he had two different sets of vision. One was centered on the fight, the other was focused on Yuko herself.

He blinked as he stepped, flicking something or another away that was irritating his eye. This was a fatal move. Moving in battle required constant concentration. As such, when Irst closed his eye, his focus broke. His foot slid a couple of inches, allowing him to fall backwards.

When he fell back, his sword went foward and caught on the edge of Yuko's shirt. While it still being dull, the force of his fall made this shirt rip. From the collar straight down the middle to the bottom, the shirt ripped. Irst's face immeadiantly went red, even as he fell.

Hitting the ground, he covered his eyes and looked away.

spirits breath
01-14-2011, 12:02 AM
She had a feel of control of the fight. She could out maneuver him. Using her fox-like senses...if such things existed. Perhaps her ears and tail bent as she moved for balance? She ducked under his swing. "Careful with that!" she spoke sharply. Even if dull, the sword could damage an artery, or a neck. Even crush the windpipe.

Seconds later, she felt a tug on her shirt, and watched Irstivah fall. "Such clumsyness" Then came the red faced, and turning around with his eyes thing. She was more or less unaware that her shirt had become ripped. Her light blue skin showing. "If you wanted to bend over for me, you could have done so before. Now." She gave him a light smack on the lower back. "Now, how about we get one last thing in. Want to see if I can flip you. training of course."

She bounded to the mats and rolled one out. Throw for throw. Then we can go back to the bridge. And we can keep your forfeit between us."

Lord Tully
01-14-2011, 04:30 AM
Max sat down in Yuko's seat, making a note of the proper height as he adjusted it for himself ~I'll put it back when she returns.~ he thought lazily going through the flight plan. At this rate they'd reach their destination in about 13 hours, and he hoped that no one else had snatched up the job yet, but since there wasn't anything he could do about it Max clicked a few controls to make the sudio system on the bridge start playing music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyut3GyQtn0). Once the song started Max put his feet up, away from the controls, and just kept an eye on the display for anything out of the ordinary.

GraftRaven
01-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Krath hefted the weapon, it was a bit lighter than some of the assault rifles he had weilded, but not by much. "Can't say I disagree with the color choice, but lets see if I can earn that drink." He took aim from behind a crate, using the protrusion from the bottom of the barrel as an impromptu stabilizer, and leaning in to look through the scope. "You know if I find out that the scope was off center you still owe me that drink."

He held his breath and squeezed the trigger back, a half muffled gunshot echoed through the cargo bay and part of the target zone by the human target's left ear was scratched off. "Feels good..." He mumbled into the cheek rest before squeezing the trigger again and hitting the same target about where the left eye should have been. Krath shot again, this time missing completely. "Well, two out of three ain't bad." He continued to take shots, slowly zeroing in using the human and bagori targets before attempting to take the nagar's ears off. "So, any last words before you owe me that drink?"

TheDashingRogue
01-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Sledge was impressed by Krath's shooting, chuckling slightly when the shot missed wildly.

"Only that I'm surprised you managed to even hit the damn things."

It was at this point Sledge had forgotten to limit the amount of shots Krath could use against the targets, so he could potentially keep shooting until his ammo ran out - and Sledge had provided quite a few clips to the Nagar in his absent-mindedness.

Silently from behind Krath, Sledge brought his hand up to his face and covered it with his palm.

Higurashi
01-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Irstvah grimaced as she smacked his back. How had he lost concentration like that? He had fought plently of women in the past, and had never screwed up like this before. Maybe he was just off his game today. He sat on his heels, looing at the floor. Hearing Yuko'd request, he looked back up.

It was about a millesecond after doing that when he remembered her ripped shirt. It was to late now, and he had already seen her. Looking back at the floor, and blushing deeper, Irstvah stammered slightly, "I-its just y-your shirt being ripped being ripped open. Y-you might want to put a new one on."

Irstvah was now thinking intensely. What would he do? He had never really had any relationship with a woman. There had been what his father tought him, but that didn't encompass the current situation. He had seen her plain out in the open.

GraftRaven
01-14-2011, 11:50 PM
Krath concentrated, the ears were extremely small targets. He squeezed the trigger and, a second later heard a satisfying metallic sound from downrange, a positive sign that was confirmed by a close inspection of the target through the scope. He aimed at the other ear and squeezed the trigger again. This time there was the sound, but Krath could not quite see clearly enough where the shot had hit.

"I think we had better get down there Sledge, that last one was close." He said, raising himself from his position. "Tell you what, if I missed I'll buy the ammo, if I hit it then I get the drink and buy half the ammo, deal?" He held out his hand to Sledge, the rifle now resting on the crate with the safety on.

TheDashingRogue
01-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Sledge squinted down the range at the targets, he hadn't brought any binoculars with him so he couldn't quite make out the ears or whether they'd been hit.

He turned to Krath and shook his hand. "Deal"

Sledge walked down to the end of the range, slowly, before reaching the targets. He walked along the line of targets looking at each one. The Terran target had the majority of his face torn off from the left side and a few rounds had hit him in the chest and stomach. The Bagori didn't fare much better, receiving a clean round between the eyes and one to the groin, several more to the neck and chest. The Nagar stood, looking quite perturbed, with two sheared metal stubs on the top of his head. God damn...

Sledge stood, shaking his head with his hands on his hips, awaiting Krath's inevitable opinion.

GraftRaven
01-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Krath approached the targets smiling. "Sledge, you should know that I had a bit of paramilitary training, I just didn't think it would apply so well to using a sniper rifle. I can also pilot a fighter and cook a mean grilled cheese sandwich... the sandwich wasn't part of the training though." He thumbed the ragged edges of the nagar's ear stumps. "Though it would seem that you owe me a drink." He looked at the bagori target dismayed by one shot. "And if Irstvah asks that was an accident... how much do I owe for the ammo by the way?"

As he waited for Sledge to reply Krath contemplated the targets in more detail, more specifically the percentage of misses, which was relatively low. Krath had surprised himself, he had not expected this degree of metallic carnage, his tail flicked back and forth absently as he contemplated the damage he could have done if these had been living beings. Then his tail stopped dead, He did not really want to think hard on that subject, but he fingered the hole neatly placed between the human's eyes.

TheDashingRogue
01-15-2011, 01:30 AM
"Ah screw it, that was just bulk ammo anyway. I'm surprised they even reached the targets! Think I'd let you get your hands on the real quality stuff if you might just put them into the bulkhead walls?" he laughed, passing Krath a beer from the table "Here, this one's on me. I admire the number you did on the Bagori too!"

He punched Krath on the shoulder playfully "Maybe you'll show me your skills with a cheese sandwich, you owe me that much at least."

spirits breath
01-15-2011, 10:15 PM
She grimaced at him. "You didn't hit your head that hard, now come on up Irsty. She looked at how red his face had gotten. And then he stammered out that her shirt was ripped open.

It wasn't long before she looked down and saw what had happened. Her ears perked up in anger and then relaxed. "If you were that curious, you could have asked. But jeesh! in practice? Turning, she flicked her tail sharply and walked off to her uniform. "I am still counting this as a win." She piped up still agrivated.

She soon made her way to pick up the drink Krath had gotten for her. "Don't know why. but I think I should have asked him to put a little chocolate in this. But I won;t pull his tali over it. But anyways... Ready to head back. The captain is going to kill us if we are gone too long. " She gave a smile before her left ear twitched, her hand going back to help pull the rest of her tail out of the pants. With almost a mocking tone, she gave her last words. "these uniforms aren't race universal." With that, she made her way to the bridge. slowly wagging her tail with a guilty glee.

Higurashi
01-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Irstvah stared at the floor while she got her uniform on. What was it about this girl that made his so self concious? It irked him to the extreme. Once she was dressed, he got up. As he did, he decided on something. He was not going to let this get in his way.

That was not to say that he wasn't developing an attraction to the Nagar. Still thinking, he headed back o the bridge. He caught up with Yuko before they got there. Grabbing her gently by the shoulder, Irstvah turned her around to face him, kissing her on the cheek before continuing.

Enering the bridge, he smiled to himself and sat back at his seat.

GraftRaven
01-17-2011, 03:54 AM
Krath took a sip of the drink that was handed to him, it was not something he did often but he enjoyed it all the same. "Oh I will Sledge, though I think its a bit close to breakfast to be eating lunch already." His tail began to wave lazily back and forth as he contemplated what to do next and took another sip of the drink. "For that matter it might be a bit early for beer as well... oh to hell with it, why don't we see what's going on in the canteen?"

(You can assume that Krath will follow to the canteen, and SS, this trip is for you being stuck on page 3 and all xD)

Shadowstar
01-17-2011, 04:21 AM
She wasn't as good a cook as some of the others on board, but she put her time in the canteen to use. She was in the kitchen covered in flour as she stood over the stove making sure the pancakes didn't burn. She hoped that the others were hungry. Sledge had eaten she knew but was unsure about the others and thought that trying her hand at making a meal would pass her time while they were in transit.

A Terran concept of brunch is what she decided on making. A nice stack of pancakes, some scrambled eggs and what she hoped was sausage. She slid the eggs onto a platter and placed them next to the pancakes she had already made. Grabbing a insulated mitt she pulled the sausage out of what passed for the oven and plated them with the rest of the food. Reaching over, she keyed the intercom on the wall.

"I think the ship can fly itself for a bit guys. Get your collective butts to the canteen for some food. Nobody wants to go into an unknown situation on an empty stomach, so on doctors orders come eat."

She picked up the various plates with the food and moved them over to the main table in the canteen. Returning to the kitchen area she grab an assorted mix of beverages and some plates to be put out near the food.

spirits breath
01-17-2011, 08:08 PM
she was enjoying that she had a interesting time to say the least. But things got more interesting once Irstivah planted a kiss on her cheek. Moments later, and they were both on the bridge. Not a word was said between the two. Although a few glances were customary as she made her way to her seat. the captain in it.

"So, captain my captain. It was you who was messing with the height. You and your height." She moved to the left of him, in between the captain and Irstivah. Her rear sticking out with her tail slowly moving back and forth. Her hands moving on the controls. "Going to need to turn this ship off course. Avoid this planet entirely. The gravity would put us elsewhere. But we are making excelent time. Near five hours until we are halfway through the sector."

The anouncement of food seemed to catch her attention quickly. Toast isn't such a great meal to sustain one through the day. Though her kind was used to it. "Captain, after we pass this planet, we have a while to travel. May we join together for a feast? After all, she is a doctor." She gave a smile and flicked her tail in a wide. She gave a sly grin to Irstivah. " I am going to have to get him for kissing me... but what? Perhaps getting him at a bad time?"

TheDashingRogue
01-17-2011, 08:39 PM
A few seconds or so after Krath spoke, and before Sledge could respond, the ship-wide intercom buzzed on.

"I think the ship can fly itself for a bit guys. Get your collective butts to the canteen for some food. Nobody wants to go into an unknown situation on an empty stomach, so on doctors orders come eat."

The words of Crystal alerted his stomach to the situation, which responded with a loud grumbling. "Well I think that's a good plan, can't argue with doctor's orders" he grinned, setting off with Krath towards the canteen.

------

After several minutes of hurried walking both of them had arrived in the Canteen entrance, Sledge's eyes firmly locked on the table. Sledge had eaten before in the day, but that was only a measly slice of toast and he still had a ravenous appetite according to his stomach's grumblings.

He looked over the breakfast that lay spread around the table and began to run through his mind all the different tastes and smells. He jumped forward with glee, grabbing a plate and filling it with scrambled egg and pancakes before sitting down. He crammed a mouthful of pancake into his mouth, mumbling compliments to Crystal before pausing, realising that he'd started without everyone else. Sledge swallowed the mouthful quickly and regained some kind of posture, the food temporarily lodging in his throat causing him to cough, before turning to Crystal.

"Erm... this looks great! Can't wait 'til the rest of the crew get here..." he said sheepishly.

GraftRaven
01-21-2011, 04:40 AM
Krath put sausage and eggs on his plate, then chuckled as Sledge started shoveling the contents of his own plate into his mouth. "Getting a bit ahead of ourselves are we?" He said after Sledge's comment, sitting down across from him. "It all looks wonderful, Crystal. Sure beats the cereal that I had this morning by a long shot!" He looked at sleeve again, wondering if the man would be able to hold down a grilled cheese after stuffing himself with pancakes and eggs.

Lord Tully
01-21-2011, 05:27 AM
Max stood up and put his hands up defencivly at Yuko's statement, "I was going to put it back for you, it's not my fault I'm so tall and you're so short." he joked before to Irstavah, "I'll see you two in the mess hall, I want to know how it your sparring session went." he walked towards the door out of the bridge, "That is unless Sledge hasn't eaten it all first." he said with a laugh before leaving the room and heading towards the mess hall.
When he arrived he immediatly walked next to Crystal, "Why Doctor I didn't know you cooked, thank you. You are definitly getting a bonus for this." he grabbed a plate and stacked it with pancakes and sausages and sat down near Sledge and Krath. "Hello gentlemen, anything happen in engineering I should now about?" he asked, pefering to hear that sort of news BEFORE he started eating.

TheDashingRogue
01-21-2011, 09:29 AM
"Well boss" Sledge said between mouthfuls "Krath here pressed some buttons, then we went up to the cargo bay for a bit of shooting. Turns out he ain't half bad with a rifle."

He grabbed some more pancakes, placing them in a heap on his plate.

"He even took the ears of a frakkin' Nagar! Bang, clean right off!" Sledge said with expressed amazement.

"You don't even want to know what he did to the Bagori..."

spirits breath
01-23-2011, 10:08 PM
"Short?" Her hears pulled themselves down. "We shall see who is too tall when it comes to keeping our heads on when you inevitably do something that is potentially life threatening to all of us." She gave a "Hmph" for emphasis, finishing off the new coordinates as the captain left.

Seizing the opportunity, she adjusted her chair. looking over at Irstivah. "I will tell you what. Tonight when we don't have to pilot this thing, come into my room. I might even let you touch my tail without having to worry about angering or creeping me out."

Near five minutes passed and the new route was put in. "I guess this is my que. She made haste towards the food room as she called it. Spotting the display of varied food, she gave a confused look. She wasn't so great as it came to human food. Ahe giggled before speaking her thoughts. " Sure beats the canned stuff with the cat on it. Although I wish i understood what this stuff was.

Seating herself next to the captian, she gave him a look. More of one to simbolize she had something in store for him something she didn't have planned out.

Higurashi
01-24-2011, 01:37 AM
Irstvah raised his eyebrows at Yuko. She was inviting him to her room? This was shocking. Even more surprising was the suggestion that he might be able to touch her tail. The tail was one thing that intensely fascinated Irst. How could a bipedal being support a tail? That wasn't even to mention how exotic he found it.

When she and the captain got up, he tapped in a final few commands to the console, and left it on auto pilot. Turning from the controls, he got out of his chair and went to the galley. As he walked down the hallways, he fanticsed about Yuko. Then, as he turned a corner by three of the ships maintenance crew. Other than those people Irstvah knew, there was a good number of miscellaneous staff onboard aswell.

Irstvah was going to walk through them, but the three crew members stopped him. Two held him still as the other got something out of his pocket. Irstvah could easilyy have overpowered the three of them, but he was curious. The thing that the crew member got out of his pocket was a recording chip.

"Now see here Irsty," the idiot said with a wicked smile. "I've got some stuff that I want you to get for me. But, knowing you, you wont do it without persuasion. So, right here I've got said persuasion." Holding up the recording chip, the idiot speaking grinned even wider. "This here chip contains your little mishap with the young Nagar. Now, you won't mind much of it, but you wouldn't want the entire crew to see the @#!*% exposed like that would no? No you wouldn't. Now, I want to to-"

That was all that got out of the fools mouth before it was punched in irrepairably by Irstvah's fist. At the same time, idiot number's two and three got an elbow to the throat and a kick to the crotch. All of this took about one second. In that second, Irstvah grabbed the recording chip aswell. In the following few seconds, Irstvah incapacitated all three of the idiots without recieveing a scratch. Then the nearest screen flickered on, and Irstvah realized there must have been more of the crew in on it, and he had stupidly destroyed any chance of the recording not playing when he beat the crap out of said idiots that were now laying on the floor.

Across the ship, screen's flickered on in a similar fashion and started to play the recording.

Lord Tully
01-25-2011, 03:53 AM
Max almost did a spit take when he heard what Sledge said, "What?!" he shouted not realising that Sledge was talking about wooden targets. He did not have time to get an answer before the video screens in the mess hall turned on. What played caused Max's pupils to grow exponentially as he jumped up and rushed to turn off the nearest screen. As quick as he could Max punched in the computer command to trace the sorce of the recording and turned to Sledge, "Hey Sledge, feel like spacing someone today?" he asked to the man.

Max didn't wait for Sledge to answer before heading out the door towards the source of the recording, but along the way he came across Irstavah standing over three incapacitated crewmembers, "I'll be speaking to you about this later, but for now we have that to deal with." He said to the Bagori while pointing to a nearby video screen, while gesturing for Irstavah to follow him, Max stepped over the three men and proceeded down the corridor. After he eventually reached the door to where the recording was coming from Max used his key card to open it and burst into the room. The single man in the rooms turned in surprise, "Capt-" he didn't get to finish before max punched him in the nose, probably breaking it. As the man stumbed back Max shut down all the video screens onboard.

spirits breath
01-27-2011, 02:30 AM
With hesitance, she forked up a small triangle of a pancake. Lightly glimmering with syrup as she beleived was customary to eat it with. Yuko sniffed it, only to smell a light sugary scent, but a light lick gave a negative side to her sensors. It seemed bitter. Making a light path to put some of it inn her mouth, hand wrapped around the fork baseball bat style. A pair of chews lead her to spit it out into a napkin. " I don't think these are any good..."

She tried some of the bacon. Rebuking that as well. " Too crunch and fatty. Could Feel a layer just resting on my tongue." She quietly poured herself the one thing she could easily take down her gullet. Orange juice.

And then the screen turned to life. Showing part of her breasts to the entire ship watching the screens. As well as showing just how she beat him.

"Poo... And I thought I took him down and made him forfeit. And now half the crew has seen my breasts." she instinctively covered her chest with her arms, taking a few slices of bacon down to the floor in the process, and held them tthere while looking flat eared back and forth. " Why am I covering m chest, when they saw it already? and where is Irstivah?" She gave a chuckle as she saw him walking into a place where Krath had a stash of tools and a large padded massage chair that also got the tail and ears all nice and good feeling. "I nominate myself to be captain if they don't come back."

GraftRaven
01-27-2011, 03:56 AM
Krath had elbowed Sledge hard in the ribs after his comment on the bagori target and then taken a rather large bite of his pancakes. He was halfway through chewing them when the screens flickered on and then then Krath was choking on them and a little blood from his nose spattered his plate. He quickly grabbed his napkin and put it over the bleeding orofice. He recovered from the pancake lodged in his throat and quickly stood up. "Excude me Yuko.." He said, pronunciation offset by the blood and napkin blocking his nose.

Krath scurried off to his room and, after a few minutes of wrestling with his nose he set about tracking down the origin of the video feed using his access terminal. It did not take long to do so, it was coming from another standard terminal, which Krath hijacked and disabled, isolating a copy of the video file on a secure server that was password protected and only he and the members of the crew that he had been eating with, and Irstvah had access to. He also lit up the terminal's display with a full screen red X.

He made his way back to Yuko in the mess hall, ears flat against his head like hers, betraying his embarrassment at having seen the video at all. He sat back down across from her and opened his mouth as if to speak, then closed it again, lost for words to express that he was there. He simply stared at his plate, slightly blood spattered pancakes and bacon on a white plate. He pushed it away, no longer hungry.