PDA

View Full Version : Death Note [OOC]~[M]

Kurozoga
01-08-2011, 06:57 PM
http://download-death-note-episodes.edogo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/death-note.bmp

Rating: Mature. Due to language, violence, death, and graphic detail. Anyone who is offended in any way shape or form due to the details of this RP, please do not continue to read it.

In the past...

We have seen the rise and fall of Light Yagami, the first Kira...The defeat of the legendary L...The Death Gods...and a select few have seen a deadly murder weapon. One that allows a killer to murder his victims with the stroke of a pen. This weapon is known as the Death Note. Although a powerful weapon it abides by a strict set of rules. This notebook has been kept a secret from the world ever since the death of the very first Kira. The notebook has been destroyed, but only one of them. The victims of the Kira murders think they have seen the last of him, they will soon be sorely mistaken.....Shinigami bore easily.

Now...

Years have passed since this epidemic. Many people have forgotten Kira and the mark he left on the world, and the message he tried to leave. The people, have all but regressed back to what they were before Kira appeared. The police around the world breath a sigh of relief.

In the Shinigami realm, the death gods watch the humans carry on with their lives, occassionaly taking the life of one out of humor or fear. The King of the Death Gods sits in his throne. Like all other Death Gods, he bores easily and grows tired of watching the same cycle over and over.

The Shinigami King gave a select few Shinigami extra Death Notes to allow them entry into the human world. Their target destination, any country with a high population.

Rules of the Note...

1. The Human whose name is written in this note shall die.

2. This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.

3. If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds of writing the person's name, it will happen.

4. If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.

5. After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

Character Sheet

Name:
Hometown:
Goals for the DN (If Kira)
Why you came to the Human World (If a Death God):
Possessed Human: (Only for Shinigami in the Human World)
Eye Color:
Hair Color:
Personality:
Bio:

Only up to three Death Notes are allowed in the human world at one time. However, all the ownership rules apply here.

Accepted Characters:
Charlotte Fogg
Ranque
James Crawford

J
01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Name: Charlotte Fogg
Hometown: Newark, NJ
Goals for the Death Note: Destroy all other note owners so that she can be the only one with the power.
Appearance: Click. (http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/005/4/9/49622a4275f55991462c7954150aee76-d36he11.jpg)
Personality: Charlotte is a manipulator; a masochist and a sadist, she loves getting herself into situations with a double-edged sword. She isn't afraid to use people like tissues, but at the same time prefers to have close friends than to be alone. She constantly resorts to lying and cheating to get what she has her sights set on, and strives to impress her peers at almost any cost.
Bio: Charlotte lives with her mother and supports her family pay check to pay check. She has a little sister who goes to public school, but Char herself dropped out of high school.

Kurozoga
01-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Hm...good work. However, we need some shinigami here before you can officialy own a DN. Nonetheless, accepted.

Biophysicist
01-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Calling a spot, but not sure which type. I'd rather be a killer but think I'd make a good investigator, too, so I'll do whichever one ends up being less popular.

(Also couldn't you make the shinigami NPCs totally under the control of the person playing the associated killer, if needed?)

J
01-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Bio has a good idea :o

Kurozoga
01-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Well that is possible, but I'm leaving the option of being a Shinigami available.

Biophysicist
01-08-2011, 08:03 PM
I said "if needed" for a reason. ;P

Kurozoga
01-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Ah, I see. Well go ahead and pick which type you want. :P

thesouleater
01-09-2011, 03:59 AM
Name: Ranque (pronounced: rahn-kue)
Hometown: Shinigami Realm
Why you came to the Human World: To entertain himself and see what the humans might do. Perhaps even entertain some other shinigami's stuck back in the Shinigami Realm. Boredom leads to something after so long.
Possessed Human: N/A (yet)
http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy91/xthesouleater/Ranquecopy.jpg?t=1294596911
Personality: Ranque is sarcastic and confusing as he enjoys difficult mind games. He loves to make people wonder over what he says.
Bio: Ranque used to poke around different shinigami a lot, but he grew bored of that. He chewed on bones often, finding them tasty. He killed off humans every once in a while, as every shinigami does. There was one day when he was about to kill a human, but he found himself intruiged with the human's actions instead. He then asked the Shinigami King if he could have another Death Note so that he could go mess around with the humans. The Shinigami King agreed, but reluctantly. He only agreed because he was also bored. Ranque gratefully took another Death Note and headed down to the human realm to get some entertainment going.

If anyone needs a shinigami, here you go. ^_^

Kurozoga
01-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Excellent Work. Accepted.

Myriad
01-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Hmm...I was going to join but then i realised someone already put america as the country. I'm not too familiar with the laws, geography, culture of the states in US (i'm just concerned because of the addition of realism, just it sorta did in the manga) so I'll maybe sit it out unless i see an opening.

It's kinda hard to map out a character at the moment so I'll just watch how you guys go : ) Good luck!

thesouleater
01-09-2011, 06:26 PM
I added a picture. I drew it... it took me four hours. XD It was the stupid rose on his hat that took forever though. P:

Not to be advertisement-ish, but I do draw character pictures for people if they want me to. >:3 All I need is a detailed description. ^_^

Kurozoga
01-11-2011, 12:24 AM
I see. Well I'm going to add the RP soon. When a few more character sheets get posted that is.

Mask
01-11-2011, 05:17 AM
I think i might be a shinigami too. I'll work on a character tomorrow, i have to go to bed now.

Edit: actually i thought about it and i don't think ill be any good in this rp x.x sorry

Kurozoga
01-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Name: James Crawford
Occupation (If any): Detective
Hometown: New York, NY
Appearance: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/266/7/f/Anime_Guy_by_CannibalTaco34.jpg

Personality: James is very outspoken when it comes to confrontation and often shows more emotion when he is faced with confronation. Other times he is very seclusive and quiet, often thinking to himself.

Bio: When James was a child, he always had his nose in a book, always reading whenever time permitted. James rarely made the effort to make a social life for himself, thus making himself very invisible to the public's eye.

He spent his childhood in luxury with a father that shared his passion for books. James didn't however, come across his love for investigations until he began public school. He always sat in the background putting the pieces of broken relationships together, figuring out who did what. Again, he made no effort to approach anyone.

James met his best friend, Nathaniel Hawkins, at age 13. The two shared many interests.

At age 19, James received the estate of his family due to the death of his father. He did not quite fathom the circumstances leading up to his father's passing. James found it quite suspicious that his father would just have a heart attack and die.

At age 21, James got his first job as a detective for the NYPD. It was then he got his answer. Kira. He was the one responsible. During James' stay with the NYPD he often found himself working on computers, and hacking into a few as well. His skill and cunning allowed him to access mines of information, some in which he never knew exsisted.

James continued his work with the NYPD for the next few years. He began construction on his own building after his second year of work there.

James and Nathaniel never stopped contacting each other. Due to the fact, that James needed someone to keep him hidden in the shadows. The two worked together for many months, solving cases and remaining unknown to the world, just like their idol.

Kurozoga
01-15-2011, 11:24 PM
In this RP Shinigami will...

Shinigami can choose which human they possess, be they detective or criminal, social standing is not an issue..

Shinigami can choose to kill the human they possess when their time comes. However this will rarely happen due to circumstances in the human world.

Shinigami must return to the Shinigami realm upon the death of the human they possess.

Shinigami do not have to explain the rules of the Death Note to the human they possess. This is completely optional.

If a Death Note is returned to a Shinigami by the human's own accord, then the Shinigami must erase the memory of the Death Note from the Human's mind and immediately return to the Shinigami Realm.

If a Shinigami's only Death Note is in the human world, then the Shinigami is permitted to enter the human world in order to obtain it.

Only up to three Shinigami are allowed in the human world at one time.

A Shinigami is forbidden to give out the names of other humans that a Death Note owner wishes to kill but has no knowledge of.

A Shinigami is forbidden to reveal the name of the human they are possessing to any other human.