PDA

View Full Version : [R] Forgotten Memories

Ithrielsgrace
11-05-2009, 06:52 AM
This roleplay is rated R for violence, gore, language, and possible sex.

2012. WWIII broke out. It was a gruesome and violent battle, resulting in the destruction of the world as we knew it. Over the next few centuries, wildlife began to reclaim the plant. The ruins of large cities slowly vanishing amongst the growth. Mankind was thrown back into the dark ages.

Cities dwindled to small villages, the houses made of what people could find. Some towns were better off than others, a number of their buildings still in decent enough condition to reuse. People swarmed to these, a number of families inhabiting them. Villages sprung up around them, water sources, and any other ideal living conditions.
Less than ten cities on the entire globe survived the war, but in a most of them, mankind is thriving.

Due to the radiation, strange, new creatures have sprung up, creatures who have earned the name “Demons”. To fight these creatures, today’s scientists have developed a new weapon, a new…creation. They are called Vamprisms. These new weapons may be able to save the earth but they hold a dark history. This is their story.
Now, in this roleplay, there are a few roles in which one can play. I will outline them all for you here.

Civilian: This classification is suited to all average humans, living in cities or villages around the world. However, should you choose this role, please suit their location in a manner in which you can relate them to the current plot. Three of these at the most, please.
Scientists: These are the creators of the Vamprisms, and they work on a number of other things. These include medicine, food sources, electricity, and any other technological areas. They live with the other scientists in the Research Facilities in each city. The first floor of the building is the reception area where the public is greeted. The Second floor holds a few of the research facilities for the usual things. The first basement floor is for storage, and the second and third floor down are the residential floors, where the scientists dwell. Below that are several floors dedicated to developing the Vamprisms. The research facility that houses the Vamprisms is stationed in New York. I would like a small number of these. No more than four.

Vamprism: Vamprisms are essentially super humans who were created through chemical experimentation. However, the chemicals had a side effect that resulted in a shortened lifespan of the red blood cells. So, in order to survive, Vamprisms need regular blood transfusions, or else their body starts to reject the chemicals and slowly falls apart. The “Vampires” awake from the procedure with no memory of anything before that moment and begin to relearn basic motor skills. At this point, they are called Fledglings. This process takes roughly a week. Then, they enter the training program in which they are pushed to their limits. Through this testing, it was learned that Vamprisms are faster, stronger, and have stronger senses. It was also discovered that about two months after being “born”, they begin to develop new and unusual abilities, beyond what they had ever expected. They have up to two “powers”. After their initial testing, they begin training which involves finding what weapon best suits them and honing their newfound abilities. They appear no different than any other human except for a few, minor details. First of all, their skin is slightly paler than that of an average human. Second, they all bare a barcode tattoo, along with a sixteen digit number, on the inside of their left wrist. At this point, there are only five of these.

**Edit** Vamprisms have powers but these powers are somewhat limited. I would prefer to stay away from elemental abilities but things such as the ability to heal others, being faster than even what is normal for vamprisms, or even mental abilities is allowed. But, if you are unsure if your powers are acceptable, just ask.**Edit**

Slayers: A human who hunts demons for money, bounties, or other, personal reasons. They are skilled with up to two weapons, travel light, and rarely stay in one place for long. Most of these are unhappy with the creation of the Vamprisms due to the fact that they are taking their jobs and are much more efficient at killing off the “demons”.

This is the character skeletion that is to be pmed to be posted here.
Name: (For Vampires, this is a nickname given to them by Scientists. They don't know their original name)
Classification/Race:
Appearance: (Pictures are allowed but only if they are accompanied by a paragraph describing your character)
Personality:
Bio:
Weapon:
Powers: (This only applies to Vamprisms. If you are applying for anything else, please put n/a)
Other: (Any other information that you would like to include.)

In Character Thread: http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1071

Ithrielsgrace
11-05-2009, 07:09 AM
Civilians

Ithrielsgrace
11-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Scientists

Ithrielsgrace
Vamprisms

Name: Crimson
Classification/Race: Vamprisms
Appearance: Crimson has long, blood red hair, for which she was named, that spills down her back to her waist in loose ringlets. Like all of her kind, she is fair skinned, her flesh a creamy shade. Her eyes are constantly shifting in shade, an oddity that sprung up when she first awoke, and seem to change color with her mood. Her form is thin and lean, almost dainty in appearance. She stands just under 5’2, and weights roughly 110lbs. Her hair is most commonly worn in a braid down her back, and garbs herself in attire that is easy to move in, always ready for combat. Though rarely visible, a tattoo of a cherry blossom tree decorates her right side, extending from her lower hip up to mid-breast on her ribcage. She knows not its origin, just that it was on her when she first awoke. When given the opportunity to have it removed, she refused, having taken a liking to it and so, still wears it to this day.
Personality: Crimson is a quiet girl, rarely speaking and often shying away from social activity. The only person she ever interacts with is her training partner. She is immensely intelligent and patient, taking her time to learn anything and everything the scientists place before her. Her manner of thinking is logical, void of most emotion, though on occasion, her stoic persona breaks and one can glimpse more than the warrior she presents to others.
Bio: Crimson was the first of the vamprisms to be created, before they had perfected the technique and so she is slightly more advanced than the others but she had one drastic drawback. Her blood cells die off twice as quickly and so, she had to keep a constant supply of blood on her person in a number of syringes.
She advanced quickly through the tests and when she reached the fourth month marker, Crimson began to go out on missions, killing demons that had been attacking nearby villages. Life continued on this way until she managed to make a discovery that changed the world as she knew it. Upon this discovery, she quickly planned and managed her escape.
That was six months ago.
Weapon: Her weapon of choice is a firearm, followed close by a dagger she keeps stashed in her boots
Powers: Her first ability is incredible eyesight, allowing her to see up to three miles away, but only if it’s a clear shot. She’s able to zoom in on a single target, much like a scope. Her second is the ability to touch any firearm and instantaneously know it inside and out, able to take it apart and put it back together without any issue.
Other: Crimson can play the flute.

Ithrielsgrace
Slayers

Anne Bonny
11-10-2009, 05:36 PM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/withfilter2-1.jpg

LatexRevolver
11-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Not sure if you want me to ask questions here or pm it so I'll do both.

I am all into this, is it alright if I play two characters?

Ithrielsgrace
11-12-2009, 05:33 AM
Yes! That is completely fine. As long as you can do so and keep up with them, then I'm all for it.

I allow up to three main characters and as many extras as you desire.

Ithrielsgrace
11-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Also, I updated the in character thread with a rough map of the area.

whoaWhitney
12-03-2009, 08:02 PM
reinstated per Ithrielsgrace's request.
Let me know if you have any questions
-whit