PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Sport?

Bia
01-11-2011, 07:21 PM
There is tons of them out there. Everybody's gotta have a favorite! Whether it's to play or to watch XD So this is thread to discuss your favorite sport! And why it's the best ;) (just make sure to keep it civil)

I know personally my favorite sport to play is Volleyball:

http://www.secsportsfan.com/images/volleyball-dig.jpg

My favorite sport I wish I could play and <3 to watch is puissance. For those who don't know it's a special kind of horse jumping in which you have a group of people and each one jumps their horse over a wall. And each round you raise the wall higher and higher until only one horse can clear it. It's pretty much the coolest thing ever.

http://www.mceltd.com/images/news/66.jpg

And finally, my favorite sport I mega fail at playing but love to watch (and think the guys who play it are totally hot) is soccer (or football for you foreigners)

http://www.funny-potato.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/kick.jpg

Vampirequeen
01-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Baseball and football (American football)!

Razilin
01-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Boxing. Been in the sport myself for years and I hope to never leave. I grew up admiring fighters of all stripes and after many years without any truly entertaining hitters in the boxing ring, I've been following the career of Manny Pacquaio for the last few years.

He came at a good time, too. Without any good heavyweights to carry the entertainment aspect of the sport, I feared that boxing was going into a decline it couldn't get out of. Surprisingly, its a welterweight that keeps it healthy and active.

Besides, back in the islands, whenever Pacman steps into the ring, the Filipino Muslims and the Filipino Catholics suddenly stop shooting at each other. They're all too busy watching the fight.

I also really enjoy fencing. Started in foil, then fell in love with epee. Still fight like an epeeist, even with a foil. And THEN I picked up sabre. Oh god, do I love sabre. Its like being a pirate. Or Count Dooku. Either way, I get to hit people in the head overhand.

ILYTH
01-11-2011, 10:01 PM
He came at a good time, too. Without any good heavyweights to carry the entertainment aspect of the sport, I feared that boxing was going into a decline it couldn't get out of. Surprisingly, its a welterweight that keeps it healthy and active.

I have an answer for your heaveyweight woes mate

http://gakcity.com/core/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/david-haye_world_title.jpg

always good to see another boxing fan although welterweight annoys me a bit at the moment. You have two fighters heads and shoulders above every other fighter and both of them keep finding excuses NOT to fight while calling the other one a chicken. The spectacle is good but beyond that I haven't got to involved with any of fighters since Ricky Hatton called it a day.

Aussie cruiserweights are where it's at

http://www.boxnews.com.ua/photos/1980/Roy-Jones-Danny-Green27.jpg

Edit: Terrible Typos cleaned up

Razilin
01-11-2011, 10:04 PM
<Knocks knuckles with KillaKitty>

Likewise, good to see another boxing buddy.

I have a personal stake in welterweight (my class). =)

I'll have to look up some of this David Haye's fights. I haven't had the chance to have a good old fight night party in some time. May as well do it to a greatest hits theme instead of paying exorbitant amounts for pay per view.

Bia
01-11-2011, 11:39 PM
My hero is Huaso *0* He holds the record for high jumping (not to be confused with puissance high jumping is made of logs instead of brick substitutes and is slightly angled) He jumped 8 feet 2 inches! Holy crap :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/Record_salto.jpg

Miss Devil
01-11-2011, 11:53 PM
I like to watch Gymnastics. does that count as a sport?

Razilin
01-12-2011, 01:42 AM
Its in the olympics, is it not? I'd say that's a sport!

I used to be in gymnastics myself.

Fox Xalian
01-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Archery. And motor racing of any kind.

CuteLilRedhead
01-12-2011, 07:21 AM
My favorite sport to play is baseball and my favorite sport to watch is hockey but it has to be at the arena or i can't get into the game

ILYTH
01-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Archery. And motor racing of any kind.

Holden or Ford? for all non Australians it's a veeeeeeery big deal

Fox Xalian
01-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Holden all the way.

Mary Sue
01-12-2011, 03:09 PM
My mother and my sister are big UFC fans, but I fail to see the appeal of two mammoths pounding each other to bloody bits.

I'm a personal fan of Football (Soccer XD ) and love to play and watch it. And I pride myself on the fact that I got my mom and sister interested in it by watching the World Cup matches everyday when they were on. :)

Bia
01-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Omg I loovvee gymnastics and archery! And ice skating gotta love ice skating..

http://photos.upi.com/slideshow/lbox/74dd88897af46cc51abaf25f294a0249/VANCOUVER-2010-OLYMPICS.jpg

Mary Sue
01-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Ice skating is soo pretty. :) Blue, I can't see whatever you posted in the spoiler.

DranLK
01-13-2011, 12:47 AM
Basketball and American Football.

I used to love soccer, but I don't know...as the years passed, I just seemed to slowly grow out of it, for whatever reason. :/ It's still somewhat fun to play and/or watch, though.

MMA and Badminton are definitely up there as well. ;)

Mary Sue
01-15-2011, 11:18 PM
Swimming rocks. :) What can I say? *goes back to fishy family*

ILYTH
01-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Holden all the way.

Good man XD

ØT™
12-11-2011, 12:18 PM
In or order:

MMA
Football
Hockey
Boxing
Baseball

-peace-

TheStinger
04-23-2012, 11:03 AM
I don't know if wresting counts as a sport but I love it, Sting, The Rock, Jeff Hardy & Randy Orton are my favorites. I used to like Edge alot too, but he retired. That made me really sad.T_T I also like Formula 1, Lewis Hamilton & Mclaren-Mercedes are my favorites. Michael Schumacher is my all time favorite, even though he's a Ferrari guy, or used to be.

I'm not really crazy about soccer, or football as we call it in Europe but I love Bayern Munchen & I always watch UEFA Champions League matches.

Anne Bonny
04-23-2012, 11:13 AM
I loved running track. Sprinting was my sport in high school.

to watch its football and soccer. I guess I love both footballs?

TheStinger
04-23-2012, 11:28 AM
I loved running track. Sprinting was my sport in high school.

to watch its football and soccer. I guess I love both footballs?

Actually there isn't no real difference between football & soccer. It's just that in the United States it's called soccer, unlike the rest of the world who calls it football. This is because americans already have their own type of football, which the rest of the world calls rugby, except it's without that armor that US players wear.

But i'm pretty sure most people already know that.

Anne Bonny
04-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Yes, I meant I like American football and soccer/football!

How confusing to talk of me two favorite sports at once! XD

Ace of Hearts™
04-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Sarcasm.

ØT™
04-23-2012, 03:05 PM
The greatest fuckin' sport on earth my young Padawans... Mixed Martial Arts!!!

Human cock fighting FTW!!

Nothing more entertaining than watching two modern Gladiators display heart, courage, skill, and violence. And there's no bigger rush in sports, than watching someone get knocked the fuck out!!!

Anastasia
04-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Tennis, hands down.

Imp
04-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Chess Boxing all the way!

ØT™
04-23-2012, 04:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/embed/dkZkgcwn42I

I had to post this... That boy can fight!!!!!! =D

He's like some hybrid alien mix sent to infeltrate our planet, gain the respect and love of the people, then take out our world leaders 1 by one with a flying knee, push kick to the face, a knee to the face, or something like that...

He's just nuts.... A real-life Jedi.

Spudmuffin
04-28-2012, 04:08 AM
hockey...no doubt

WranglerLove
11-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Football! Go New York Giants! Also, volleyball

Ancalime
04-04-2014, 08:10 PM
I have to say MMA and boxing is my faves, have trained a little boxing myself but never had any serious fights (its illegal in Norway -that_cry- ) Hopefully that will change soon though. I also like football (soccer) specially the English league :)

Mariel
04-05-2014, 01:29 AM
Soccer and racquetball are my favorites. I played co-ed soccer for about 3 years, until I started working. And started playing racquetball recently. Not really a fan of watching sports though, more fun participating in them.

Maya
04-05-2014, 04:24 AM
Favorite sport to watch would be hockey or rugby. I do play racquetball as well. It's a fun way to get some exercise in.

orcpunx
03-24-2015, 02:34 PM
Base jumping, hoping to get the parachute license soon.
mma, been training it for 9 years now
dbma, was at the gathering 2012
ice dancing or what ever is it called in English. i believe to be the most beautiful sport ever.

DistortedReality
03-24-2015, 08:04 PM
E-Sports *stare*

Redael
08-30-2015, 06:30 AM
American football to play, basketball to watch, and tennis to pretend like I know about but still roar loudly over during crazy matches, or matches that at least look crazy, but either way I'm not that tennis-deficit and still know a fair glint about 'em, kind of, so. Yeah, checkers, I guess.

Squeaky91
02-18-2016, 07:27 AM
I don't know if wresting counts as a sport but I love it, Sting, The Rock, Jeff Hardy & Randy Orton are my favorites. I used to like Edge alot too, but he retired. That made me really sad.T_T I also like Formula 1, Lewis Hamilton & Mclaren-Mercedes are my favorites. Michael Schumacher is my all time favorite, even though he's a Ferrari guy, or used to be.

I'm not really crazy about soccer, or football as we call it in Europe but I love Bayern Munchen & I always watch UEFA Champions League matches.

I watch wrestling a lot also. I didn't know if it would count or not but Vince is calling it "Sports Entertainment", I love the Wyatt family and Sting, pretty much any of the "Supernatural" characters, and I was really upset when Edge retired cause he is my all time favorite wrestler, and the NWO has to be my favorite faction.

AngelFire
02-26-2016, 10:00 PM
I Like to watch Football
I used to do jumps horses and play varsity tennis.

Merry
06-04-2018, 11:47 PM
I'm a football fan, usually. Cannot wait for it to start back up again!

However - right now - I'm totally enjoying Lebron James losing in the NBA Finals! Go Golden State! XD

Kayser
06-05-2018, 06:38 AM
Combat sports are my favorite.

I actually consider them to be a form of art honestly.

Lleona
11-11-2018, 11:41 AM
Karate, cause i'm actually practicing it XD

Rha'az
11-15-2018, 08:17 AM
Badminton or boxing. Either those two. Though I find myself enjoying badminton more especially during Malaysia went up against other countries in the Asian Games or the Olympics.

Nope
11-15-2018, 01:54 PM
Fencing/western martial arts. My husband and I met at a local Sword Guild to which we belonged. There were many a bouts and bruises before we started dating. Still the only sport Ive ever found worth doing.