PDA

View Full Version : •OOC•Slender Man

Biophysicist
01-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Slender Man. No one knows where he comes from or what he is. All that's know is that he appeared one day, like a tentacled fallen angel, and has been killing people ever since.

We cannot kill Slender Man. We can't even hurt him. The only weapon we have is the Operator Symbol, a circle with an X through it, which wards him off. Except when it attracts him instead. And proxies sign their messages with it...

Proxies. They're almost as bad as Slender Man himself. Formerly human, but now twisted into beings of his will. This will be the ultimate fate of everyone on Earth, except the ones who are dead.

You're going to be taking on the role of one of Slender Man's victims. He usually stalks people for months before killing them. One theory is that he's trying to make them go insane so he can convert them into proxies - a process refered to as Hallowing. Another is that he enjoys it. Either way, when he starts stalking you, your dead - or worse, Hallowed into a proxy.

Character sheets can be in any form you want. All that's needed is a name, picture/description, a brief bio, and any relevant history. The RP starts before the characters are stalked by Slender Man, in the small town of Starlight, Pennsylvania... Specifically, in an inn.

Red Rum
01-12-2011, 09:27 PM
SO MUCH In!!! I was hoping I'd find one about him somewhere, I do rather enjoy his methodology.

Bia
01-12-2011, 09:38 PM
yay :D

Red Rum
01-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Ok, so, a name lacks weight, so I'll just stick to the usual; Alex
I don't feel like wandering the interwebs to find a picture, so I'll just describe me; Approximately 6 feet tall, Black hair (messy, about 2.5 inches), hmm....Jeans and tee-shirt let's call it blue...ohhhh.....that works, aye?
Bio: Age; 18, thinks with logic and reason more than emotion, apt to keep his wits about him in the face of fear (he's gonna be kinda hard to Hallow)
Relevant History: He's been studying Slender Man for about a year and had found enough to lead him to this place. He's now not only looking forward to meeting the man, but gidy with excitement.

Black
01-13-2011, 12:26 AM
Ill have a sheet up sometime today.

Red Rum
01-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Really? Does no one want to join this? Why not....do none of you know who Slender Man is?

Black
01-14-2011, 03:50 AM
He reminds me of the Tall man.

Bia
01-16-2011, 01:30 AM
Kathrin Ahngal

Appearance (http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/060/7/b/7b25b985068504496adeca230d68eff4.jpg)

Personality

Strong and self-assured, Kathrin is a modern woman. And avid ballerina and lover of music, she is known to spend hours just practicing her dancing. She has a small case of OCD though, in which she has to do everything in a certain order. (I.E. she cannot put on a shirt before she has put on her pants.) She has a set order for everything. Practicing, work, getting ready, even doing simple stuff like the dishes. If she doesn't do it her way, it's not done right. That aside, Kathrin is very polite and graceful, and tries to do everything with 110%

History

W.i.P

Jacogos
01-16-2011, 02:48 AM
One of my friends is planning on making a sort of video series this summer based on the Slender Man... when he invited me to help him, I had no idea what this thing was. Seems it more popular than I expected xD Hey, I'll get something up inna bit.

EDIT: Questions:
Age range?
What's the reason for being at the inn? happenstance? Make it up ourselves?
I guess thats all for now O.o

Jacogos
01-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Sorry for double posting but...
-Prods the thread-

Gunnison
01-23-2011, 10:18 PM
God, Slenderman scares the bejeebus out of me. I'm definitely in. I'll make a sheet in a mo.

Red Rum
01-24-2011, 02:03 AM
Totally still here ya'll

MikeZZZ
01-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Slenderman scares me as well......lol, I'll get a sheet up soon enough hehehehe

Jacogos
01-25-2011, 04:16 AM
Yo, Bio, you still watchin' this?

Biophysicist
01-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Yes I am. Somehow my subscription to this thread exploded. >.> Sorry.

Age range?
What's the reason for being at the inn? happenstance? Make it up ourselves?
Age should be fairly young (like 15-25, I'd guess). Your at the inn for the usual reasons people go to inns for.

Jacogos
01-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Aight cool, get a sheet up inna bit

Chasq123
01-26-2011, 04:56 AM
Hmmm I might make a sheet soon.

Jacogos
01-26-2011, 05:28 AM
Name: Jonah Craine “J.C.” Williamson
Appearance:
http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/519559/519559,1261761490,22/stock-photo-teenage-drummer-tosses-drum-stick-43392967.jpg

General: Drummer in a close-knit band of five, Works at his family's diner in a town nearby Starlight (just as small and rural). Father lives in Starlight, mother in Rockridge (where the diner is), grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins also live in Rockridge, both mother and father's sides, does average in school, smokes cigarettes only, can be a jerk, does not have a girlfriend, but does have a love interest, which is mutual though neither knows this (ahh, drama xD).

Personality: J.C. tends to be a jerk to people, but he's loyal to the few he calls friends, and to his band especially. People call him 'thick-headed' since he doesn't usually understand something unless its pounded into his head. He has a strong will, though, and doesn't change his mind once set.

Other: Band Name: Bestial Breakdown. Band Members: Davie Rogers on vocals, Steve 'Slicks' Spence on lead guitar, Nick Williamson ( J.C.'s brother) on keyboard/rhythm guitar/piano/sax/backup vocals (switches depending on song), and Laura Angel on bass. Love interest: Alexis 'Lexi' Houston.

Name: Alexis 'Lexi' Houston
Appearance: Alexis (http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/028/0/8/Look_in_blonde_by_wildone77.jpg)

General: She's the apple of her family's eye. Everyone expects her to do great things with her life, and she has a full ride for college with her academic and musical scholarships. She's smart, but not overly so, she got her scholarship through hard work and dedication. She met Jonah in the only class they ever shared together, Honors (AP) World History, freshman year. She's also close friends with Angel (bassist in J.C.'s band) and she frequents their performances at the local clubs. She slowly took a liking to Jonah as they talked, and every so often when the band skips school for practice (hey, they're Seniors, there's not much of a reason to be there EVERY day), she'll skip with them, granting her more time with him.

She got her musical scholarship through the school's symphonic band. While not amazing collectively, the band has produced a few great musicians, Alexis included. This is also how she knows Jonah's brother, Nick, since he's a saxophonist in that band. She is a prodigy on the flute, and knows how to play clarinet and saxophone as well.

Personality: Alexis is extremely shy when it comes to anyone outside of band, where she's talkative, though not the stereotypical 'wild bandie' (at least in MY school, that's how we're stereotyped). She's a very hard-worker, almost a workaholic, but she'll skip off on something if it makes a huge (and it has to be huge) difference with her friends. She doesn't succumb to peer pressure, and is straight edge, which she is trying to get Jonah to be as well (i.e. get him to quit smoking). While she does the work, she doesn't necessarily enjoy it, and she dislikes her family's high expectations. She thinks they think too much of her.

MikeZZZ
01-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Name: Mike Zelli

Description: Wears a set of matching black sweatpants and a dark green(almost black) sweatshirt. Has a thick Army camo jacket for the cold nights. Carries a sword/cane.

Bio: Is terrified of Slender Man, yet somehow strangly attracted to his methods. Had a small run in with Slender Man after wich his best friend disappeared. Since then, he has known that Slender Man is gunning for him, or at least that is what he thinks. Wanders from place to place, trying to hide, to no avail of course.

Relevant History: Has been studying Slender Man since his friends disappearance at the age of 19. Is terrified yet excited about his inevitable encounter with Slender Man.

Biophysicist
01-29-2011, 04:08 PM
@Jacogos: I'd rather you stick to just one character. Ever heard of M's Rule? Having more than a few people in a group just makes it more likely that you'll die. You have him, four other band members, and his love interest. Six characters is just too many in this RP, especially for one RPer.

@zelli: Sure.

Jacogos
01-29-2011, 06:11 PM
I don't HAVE to control them, but the fact that he's in a band is a key part of his character, and so's the love interest. Like I said, I don't have to control them, but I'm not going to just remove him from the band or take away his girl...

Biophysicist
01-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Well, even if they're just NPCs, then it'll make things weird. I really don't want to have one person and then five NPCs floating around.

Unless they're just background characters that don't show up too often. That's different.

Jacogos
01-29-2011, 09:38 PM
... I can make it so that the band rarely, if ever, shows up, but the idea of throwing the girlfriend away is hard to do.

Biophysicist
01-29-2011, 10:49 PM
That would be fine. Make the band less important and post a CS for the girl, and you'll be fine.

Jacogos
01-29-2011, 10:52 PM
mmkay. Rather me edit the new sheet into the post of my other sheet, or just put up a new post?

Biophysicist
01-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Edit the original post.

Biophysicist
02-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Is this dead, or should I try to revive it?

Jacogos
02-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Try to revive, I'll get the gf's sheet up inna bit

EDIT: 'tis up

Red Rum
02-02-2011, 11:15 PM
I'm still here, like I said, I've been hoping to find one of these. I'm just waitin' for it to start.

MikeZZZ
02-03-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm here too, just waiting like Red Rum

Bia
02-03-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm hear ;D

Red Rum
02-13-2011, 01:38 AM
Hellloooooooo?!?!?

MikeZZZ
02-15-2011, 02:17 PM
idk, I'm still waiting........

Jacogos
02-15-2011, 10:09 PM
*defibrillates the thread with a TSKKSKSKKS!!!*

Mattie2009
02-15-2011, 10:28 PM
SUDDENLY, OH SNAP! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj6F_piB_HE)

Red Rum
02-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Still waiting.....

MikeZZZ
02-16-2011, 07:14 PM
If the host won't start it up, I'm willing to.......up to you all......

Red Rum
02-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Hmm...well, if Bio isn't coming back then, I guess, go for it

Biophysicist
02-25-2011, 12:37 AM
Bio has come back.

He was gone because his school's robotics team hit major crunch time before a competition. But that's over now.

Except launch tonight.

Red Rum
02-25-2011, 02:57 AM
WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Jacogos
02-26-2011, 01:50 AM
O: Yayz!! Time for Slender Man WHOOO!

Biophysicist
02-26-2011, 07:41 PM
http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12328 <= VERY lame beginnings of the IC

MikeZZZ
03-05-2011, 03:16 PM
(party) posting now !!!

Jacogos
03-18-2011, 08:54 PM
People still here?

Red Rum
03-31-2011, 03:06 AM
I am, I've just been waiting for someone else to go.

Pyro
04-13-2011, 12:25 AM
Didn't check just yet, wanted to ask first...Is this still accepting characters? I just recently caught up with Marble Hornets and all the Slender Man mythos and I have to admit I'm hooked. :B

Sickly
04-13-2011, 06:32 PM
i've been wondering about that as well

Jacogos
04-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Errr'body's dead and sheeeet.