PDA

View Full Version : [OOC] Dragons in the pit

FoxWriterDeluxe
01-15-2011, 01:10 PM
What's the idea here? well...

Human kind had always sought to extend it's own life and after a commit hits earth with many strange life enhancing properties massive progress in medical science makes 100 years of age the new middle age.

Since people were now living for many years it also meant they got very bored, these bored people began to cause crime and even tried to exert dominance over people who had not yet opted for life extending solutions.

Eventually other areas of science caught up and thanks to one bored scientist a new sport was born. In his lab the scientist had created new life, tiny creatures based off the mythical image of dragons which he pitted against each other for fun.

This caught on quickly and after privet testing the dragons were a massive success on the commercial market with sales figures in the hundreds of thousands in the first month alone.

Eventually this wasn't enough for a race that had become accustomed to bloody violence as a sport however, the people wanted bigger blood baths and so the newly founded Inferno corporation made bigger and smarter dragons.

The remaining tiny dragons became popular accessories while their new stronger, smarter and bigger cousins were marched into pits of blood for human entertainment.

Business was booming for inferno corporation who had made billions of pounds with sales of pet and gladiatorial dragons, it was about then that a rival corporation sprung up in the oncoming trend.

After secret wars fought with their beasts the many corporations began to send their monsters out in official leagues and tournaments while the almost immortal, bloodthirsty humans rioted as they were pushed into ever tighter confines.

It is 2020 and the sport of dragon fighting has reached the rest of the world just in time for the 8th official inferno hosted tournament to begin. Whether you're a dragon competing or human pen master the stakes are high with a grand prize of 5 million pounds for the victorious company or party and a chance to meet the creator of dragons himself.

Meanwhile vicious rumours abound as the first official blazemaster race tournament is set to begin with odds as high as 300 to 1 for most of the contestant. Even the dragons have begun investigating as much as the pen masters allow and some are even beginning to seek their own freedom.

---

Information.

So for those who didn't read that text up there the corporations are at economical war with each over using dragons, humans are now bloodthirsty and repressed, living for over 200 years and rioting. Oh and something fishy is going on with the man who created dragons and even the dragons themselves are trying to piece together what they can think of.

The dragons in this roleplay are like standard green dragons of myth except smaller (about the size of a Labrador) and can't fly because of short wingspans. They are used in fights to the (near) death for entertainment and now racing as well.

Out of the pits dragons are kept under control with guns and are watched by the 'stable master' who makes sure all the dragons in their care behave and don't die. They also have to sort out supplies and punishments for dragons who misbehave, usually with a stern beating from an electro-baton.

Biologically the dragons are set to live for 150 years, after which their bodies automatically flood themselves with endorphins as the heart shuts down. This long age allows companies to make more money form viewer favourites and to save by only having to keep an eye on a few dozen dragons at once.

Notes on teams, ladders and leader-boards:
Dragons are formed into teams and fight for points for their team in one on one duels with other teams, 1 point and a clean conscience for a knock-out or 3 points and a guilt trip for a kill.

Parties make money from tickets and merchandise, a bigger fan-base helps so not all dragons on a team will be for fighting, one or two dragons at a time will be for show until the end of the ladder while acting as mascots for their team. More money means better meals.

The best looking dragons can make it onto the leader boards, dragons are voted onto the boards by viewers who tend to make a competition of things among themselves over which team has the best looking dragon.

Ladders are the groups for fights, the're are 4 of them. Qualifying, Event, Semi-finals and Finals.

Notes on stables:
Dragons outside the arena and not in nurseries (where they are raised to maturity) are kept in stables, the whole team will sleep together in one stable unless a champion is among them (champions tend to be given their own room).

Notes on ranks:
Ranks are made every year at the end of a tournament, then the economic wars start. Selling merchandise, showing dragons to the public, trying to get people to join a fan club (A human may only register with one club at a time) etc...

The higher the rank the later you fight in a tournament, these fights will be tougher and if you lose your rank goes back to zero. Motivation for a higher rank is given to the dragons in things like higher quality meat, privet rooms to sleep in rather than the team stable

Complimentary character sheet.

Name:
Race: (dragon or human)
Age: (dragons wean after a year, mature after 10 years and are battle ready by 25. shouldn't need a note for humans)
Rank (dragons, from one to ten or zero, lower this number is the more brutal the fights you have to endure, rank of zero goes to dragons in training) or profession (human, limited to company owner, stable master and police)

Anyone like this idea?

The Magnan
01-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Name: Cailek
Race: Dragon
Rank 3

(do you want more info, and do all dragons needs to be green)

FoxWriterDeluxe
01-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Green is just their colour, they don't breath fire, they don't fly. They were made for death-matches fighting tooth and claw but another company is now racing them too. keep in mind rank 3 is pretty high, you would have had to have been in the last tournament and lost it. (ranks are made every year at the end of a tournament, then the economic wars start, selling merchandise, showing dragons to public, trying to get people for your fan club etc...)

FoxWriterDeluxe
01-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Added a bunch of information about leagues and stuff, check it out.

The Magnan
01-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Im up for a challenge, the last tournment was a warm up, plus this will improve my dragon fighting skills for the arena, i got to two black dragons denmad and dercas. I look forward to this.

FoxWriterDeluxe
01-16-2011, 02:28 PM
The hell was that? if your going to mess around please do it in the confines of this universe, not another universe, there are only these green scaled dragons here, they are about the size of a dog and they have a nasty bite in the pits / the arena and besides their claws that's all they have, now look pretty for the cameras will ya'.

The Magnan
01-16-2011, 03:36 PM
sorry ok, i didnt mean any sort of offense. I've never fought with a dragon before, so its kinda new to me, so again. Im sorry. I understand if kick me out of this rp, i never meant anger you.

FoxWriterDeluxe
01-16-2011, 10:54 PM
You take things way too seriously, I'd only kick someone out an rp if they were much worse than me. perhaps you should start at rank zero? Rank zero is a dragon in training so you can get an idea for how things work by reading other peoples posts. after that maybe you'll get lucky and another (NPC) dragon will die (meaning another needs to be brought in.)

The Magnan
01-18-2011, 04:17 PM
ok sounds like a plan, thanks i'll edit my cs, and i have a habit of feeling extremely guilty if i've wronged someone.