PDA

View Full Version : The Tale of Two Worlds (OOC)

The Imposter
01-17-2011, 08:01 PM
In the world of Wynn there is a fairytale:

Hundreds of years ago the world was unbroken, whole if you will. In time man became a conduit for all evil. This evil twisted man and corrupted them. In a last resort some of the most mystical of the human race split the world into two, sealing the evil of man with them that performed the sacred ritual.

It is said that sometimes the sealed evil leaks back into our realm causing chaos. The monsters under your bed, in your closet, the made up stories of demons, vampires, and werewolves they are all true manifestations of the evil of old.

In the world of Llystra there is another story:

From the recesses of this world the darkness beacons. Slowly it awaits its time to strike and conquer all life. There is hope: the Yondle. They will continue to defend this world and the other. Sworn to never let the other world know of this world's existence we await for the day when the darkness will be completely extinguished.

So the world of Wynn is just like modern day earth, with all its different cultures and technology. Hopefully you all can work with that and don't need more detail.

Llystra is different: more of a dead world without much populace. Barren landscapes, ruins of cities, few populated areas with huts or tree huts. The Yondles are the nomadic/shamanistic people that reside in Llystra. They live quite peacefully only due to the intense hunting that some of the Yondle do. They hunt for food but also they hunt the Shade.

The Shade are evil creatures that get their name from their appearance in Llystra. (They are shadow like) They vary in strength and intelligence but have the ability to cross over to the world of Wynn. On arrival they manifest into different physical forms (this is not very limited, so use your imagination) and begin causing chaos and destruction. Now the Yondle are also able to cross over and help prevent the destruction of Wynn. They do this by using part of a Shade. (Usually in the form of a amulet or trinket but not limited to that.)

So the plot will be establishing the character base and what brings some of the people from Wynn into contact with the Yondle. Also the introduction of some of the main villains. This will more or less be setting the ground work on the lives of your characters. What makes them who they are and the interactions they have together.

The central aspect of which will be the discovery of those from the realm of Wynn developing the ability to cross over to Llystra. During all this time the underlying threat of the Shades beginning a invasion into the realm of Wynn for reasons that will remain unclear till a later time. This invasion will be a lot more focused unlike that of the wandering of a sole Shade into Wynn.

I'm not going to put a lot of rules on this. Mainly because you all are quite capable people. If your character is way to stereotyped I'm going to ask you to change it. Posts should be literate and carefully checked over before posted. Write it using something that checks spelling and grammar then just paste it into the post box or something. Be proud of your writing, so make it something that you can be proud over. One of the biggest things is that I want this to be something that attracts the members of rpa to read. So make your posts count, I'm not looking for small one paragraph posts. So for now I'm putting a minimum of three paragraphs per post...but don't be minimalists alright haha.

Lets try not to have everyone being some super yondle hunter alright?

Name:
World: (effectively are you a Yondle or a Wynnite)
Appearance: (Includes weapon, hunting garb, shade trinket if you're a Yondle)
Personality:
History:

If you'd like to play a Shade pm me your skeleton and try to win me over.

As of right now I think if we can get about seven including myself and stay on top of things it'll go pretty smoothly. Preferably a breakdown of four Yondles and three Wynnites. So put up your characters! I'll get mine up after my hours are done for my study day. If anything is unclear just ask me, I mean I know sometimes my thoughts are real choppy so don't feel bad if you are confused.

TheBaron
01-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Will post soon

sevendeadlysins
01-24-2011, 06:27 AM
I will post tomorrow because now it is 12 AM and I am tired =P

FoxWriterDeluxe
01-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Love the idea but I doubt I could manage 3 paragraphs regularly :(
I'll keep an eye on this though, looks like it'll be a good read.

Wattz
01-27-2011, 03:54 AM
I shall possibly join, depending on my ability to time manage all of my RPs plus school! XD;;;

TheBaron
01-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Sorry very busy with school will get a bio up as soon as I can

The Imposter
01-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Je suis dans Floride!

Translation: I'm in Florida right now so I won't be back for a few days.

TheBaron
02-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Name: Taylor Boyd
World: Wynnite
Appearance: http://img3.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/03092008/1/a/c/e/1ace4cd25132f0_full.png
Personality: Taylor is a joking and happy individual on the surface when in fact he is deeply depressed. He expresses his emotions through music and art and will always have his violin, guitar, pen, and paper with him. He is a vary eccentric individual as well and this tends to push most normal people away from him. He can also easily read most people. He is also rather adept with a knife. He is on a off note a computer nerd.
History: He has so far lived a normal life.

John
02-01-2011, 06:42 PM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

The Imposter
02-04-2011, 02:30 AM
Alright I'm going to put up my character up in an edit this weekend. I'm over tired and not feeling the greatest after flying all day long. Hopefully I'll finish the intro post next week too.

TheBaron
02-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Is I accepted

The Imposter
02-05-2011, 03:26 AM
Yeah you are accepted, just make sure you follow the guidelines. I'll get the IC up by the end of the week I'm guessing. The major part of what takes place of Wynn will be around the city of Gnatut.

Name: Abel Hill
World: Wynn

Appearance: Abel is about 5'5 with brown eyes and olive skin and quite slender. He has short black hair that isn't ever kept. He tries to wear baggier shirts and pins the right sleeve, seeing as he has no right arm.

Personality: Abel is your average fifteen year old disabled kid. He suffers from depression sometimes with the burden of his accident. However he doesn't allow it to get the best of him. He is a tad introverted but sometimes will try something new and talk to complete strangers. Tries his best to keep his temper in check but struggles with frustration over doing simple things sometimes.

History: Abel was brought up by two wonderful parents in his estimation. They often spent their summers doing things like going to visit family and road trips. His family was quite well off and they always enjoyed what they had. His father worked very hard, as did his mother only really spending the summers together. He attended a school in his city and lived a pretty average life.

It was last year during a soccer road trip. He and a few of his friends were traveling with his friend's mom. Abel doesn't remember much of it but the car ended up being totaled and he was the only survivor only losing his right arm. He went through some rehab and recovered slowly. He was unable to face going back to school or playing on the team so he managed to talk his family into letting him move to his grandfather's.

So only a week ago he made the move to the city of Gnatut to his Grandfather's temple which is just outside the city. Getting ready to beginning attending school in a few weeks.

By the way the IC (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11685) is now up!!!!

TheBaron
02-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Cool

The Imposter
02-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Is there anyone out there that actually wants to participate?! C'mon there's gotta be someone!

G
02-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Considering, I'm still a little drunk right now so not the best time to post a sheet methinks...

The Imposter
02-21-2011, 04:12 AM
Yeah ideally you should probably sober up a tad and then post one haha.

Lake
02-21-2011, 04:37 AM
Are (is?) The Shade able to fight back against the Yondle or is that a one-way street kind of deal?

The Imposter
02-21-2011, 04:16 PM
The Shade can fight back....in Llystra they have pretty much taken total control of that world despite the Yondle living there. It isn't like rock paper scissors where one trumps another.

TheBaron
02-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Did I post a character already or no

Mordecai
02-27-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm new here but this looks really cool and I think I'm gonna take a stab at it. (And I can't private message you this so I hope it's okay.) Tell me if there's anything you want me to change.

Name: Kieran (Pronounced KEY-rin)
World: Yondle
Appearance: http://johnny-uritsu.deviantart.com/art/Kirin-Girl-129748782
Kieran is a tan, brown eyed girl with long, messy white locks. She has a thin but muscular build, due to her venatic lifestyle. Her clothes are all completely hand made, and her typical attire consists of thigh-high boots, a loin cloth, covered by a skirt of cloth and animal fur, as well as a small cotton top. When she goes hunting, she often wears armlets and leather/fur shoulder pads. Her weapon of choice is a small, stone dagger, but she was quite adequate when it came to throwing spears. If need be, she knew how to handle a bow and arrow, but there was a reason it isn't her primary weapon.

Personality: Usually a quiet girl, Kieran is often seen as one who would be submissive and obedient. While she isn't one for stirring up trouble, occasionally she questions those in leadership positions. Kieran is a strong believer in doing what is right, even if it wasn't what you were told to do. She was brought up to have pride in what she did, and to either do something well or to not do it at all. She was a hard worker, yes, but that didn't mean that she didn't enjoy the little things in life. Like most females (from any given world), she enjoyed beautiful scenery and sometimes, just being alone with nature. She loved nature, much more than she loved people, but she was willing to give anyone a shot. Kieran is the type of girl to see the best in people, even when it isn't there.

History: Born to a family of Yondle warriors, Kieran was not warmly welcomed. The majority of those who spawned from her family's bloodline were males. Even her name, Kieran, displayed how her family had been anticipating a son, even before she were born. If she were a male, then her life would have revolved around training, and hunting the Shade, and protecting the people of Llystra. This was not so. Like all the females before her, Kieran was expected to cook, clean, master herbology, tend to the family's wounded, and, most importantly, carry on the blood line.

Her immediate family involved a father and two brothers. Rin, Kieran's mother, died giving birth to her youngest son. Her father, naturally, spent his time tending to his two sons. Kieran was just the middle child, a female, nonetheless, and aside from an old woman who taught her about plants and medicine, she basically raised herself.

Kieran was a good girl. She knew how to differentiate the good plants from the bad, and how to make all the basic salves. Her older brother, Arecio, taught her how to defend herself and hunt small animals. Kieran was talented when it came to throwing sharp objects, but her talent was unknown to all but herself. She did what she was expected to do. Kieran would have given anything to be able to just hung the Shade all the time. She was malcontent with her day to day activities, she made do: cooking, cleaning, and studying plants.

As for reproducing: that was one thing she refused to do.

The Imposter
02-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Heya Mordecai, your character looks good. Actually glad to see a Yondle put up. The IC is up already and feel free to start whenever so we can keep it going.

Mordecai
02-28-2011, 09:58 PM
C: Yay. Posted. Nice signature, btw.

I didn't expect my post to be so long :P
There really isn't much going on yet, but I've got a plan.
I can't wait till this thing gets going.

The Imposter
02-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Hey don't sweat the length it is great! I'll get a post up tonight or tomorrow and we can keep going. Hopefully activity will pull more people because the other advertising I've done really hasn't allured anyone yet.

Wattz
02-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Some time... I swear I'll get a character up <_____<;;;;;;

Mordecai
02-28-2011, 11:59 PM
Maybe when I'm less busy I could make a banner or something for it xP
But this week just sucks. Role playing is the one thing keeping me from homework.

The Imposter
03-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Haha Wattz and I were just talking about how the internet has totally become the biggest hindrance to doing homework.

Mordecai
03-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Haha, it's so true.
There's just so much to do.

TheBaron
03-01-2011, 04:08 AM
Wait is the IC up

Wattz
03-01-2011, 04:11 AM
That it is, Baron!

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11685

TheBaron
03-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Should I post ?

The Imposter
03-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Yeah you should, you were the first one to sign up.

Jacogos
03-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Hmmm.... Curious... Maybe... I shall see.

TheBaron
03-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Can I get a link

The Imposter
03-01-2011, 07:52 PM
It's been posted a few times Vamp, like even on the last page by W...here it is though.
http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11685

TheBaron
03-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Sorry feeling lazy today

The Imposter
03-02-2011, 03:38 AM
no worries Vamp, rather have you posting when you are motivated. Anyways got another post up so Mordecai can keep going too.

TheBaron
03-02-2011, 06:33 PM
I am indeed motivated today because th finally have flcl on iTunes so I will post with much furor today

Any ideas as to how I should come in

Mordecai
03-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Hm... Vampire, you could just make an intro post letting us know about your character, or maybe have him see Atma's character or the Shade creeping in town?

Jacogos
03-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Posting cuuuuuzzz Atma said I couldz :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Gröndan
Alias: Kevin White
World: Llystra

Appearance: As a Shade, Gröndan could be described as a hideous bat-creature (http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/041/7/1/71b12f22763cc4b1b0bad1a52a609fc6.jpg), and likes to take on this appearance while in Wynn if the occasion calls for it. Otherwise, he has a human-like appearance (http://hogeruns.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/eric-northman-alexander-skarsgard-season-2.jpg) that vampires would appear as, with pale skin and occasionally red or golden eyes, depending on his mood.

Personality: As Kevin, he is very blunt, refined, and egocentric. He believes that the human’s extinction by the Shades’ hands is assured, not really caring what the Yondles have to say about it. He has an almost obsessive fixation on Wynn’s mythology of vampires, which gives him his appearance and many personality quirks. He is savage in battle, resorting to any means necessary to take out his opponent, showing little to no mercy, depending on his respect of his adversary.

History: Gröndan took his early life slow, studying the ways of the Yondle so that he would know their weaknesses. In Llystra, he never saw them as very weak, since they had the numbers and the intelligence to overpower Shades that didn’t work together. However, that all changed when he crossed over to Wynn, in an effort to find something… entertaining. He found much more than he had ever dreamed of.

In Wynn, the Yondle are horribly outdone in technology. This was the weakness Gröndan, now known as Kevin White, had been searching for. He manifested into a human form, and he stayed low for a little while, adapting slowly to Wynnite life. Upon learning of vampires, his appearance changed slightly to match a more modern version of their view of the mythological beasts. He was utterly fascinated by the creatures. Neglecting his study of the humans, Kevin devoted his time to studying the vampires, stealing books by shape-shifting into something that wouldn’t attract notice as he did, preferably into a bat. Once he had learned all he could, Kevin again resumed his study of the Wynnites. That was a year ago.

Now, Kevin has killed and replaced a wealthy entrepreneur, having spent the better half of the year studying the one man in order to completely blend into his life. Luckily, there wasn’t much to the late businessman, so Kevin could simply slip into his life as if into a different set of clothes. The man’s business deals leave him comfortably rich without much interference from Kevin himself, though the occasional meeting is required, which irks Kevin to no end. Nonetheless, this leaves Kevin in a very good position to begin his plans for conquest of Wynn. Now, if he could only contact some of his own kind…

TheBaron
03-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Works for me and I should have it done in about. Hour or two I have other stuff going on

Jacogos
03-10-2011, 09:38 PM
*bump*

The Imposter
03-11-2011, 03:36 AM
I'm going to consider Vamp a lost cause and just continue on...expect some story progression in the next few days.

TheBaron
03-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Whew sorry all of my comps are dead now what a bummer and I just got my iPad fixed so I am not lost will have a post up seriously

Mordecai
03-12-2011, 02:24 AM
Yay, progression.

How many people do we have actually participating? I didn't want to post to soon after my last one but it's been a while... <_<

The Imposter
03-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Right now there are only three people posting....but Vamp keeps saying he will post someday.

TheBaron
03-14-2011, 01:09 AM
After careful consideration I have decided to drop this RP sorry chaps I know I kept saying that I would post but I am simply in to many and this one is easy to drop because I haven't done anything in it but hard because I like the idea sorry again

Chou

Mordecai
03-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Crap, guys, I'm sorry. I forgot to subscribe to this thing D:

There are only three people posting? Really? ._. I need a way to get my character in on the action.

The Imposter
03-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Man, whenever you're ready start chasing Shade into Wynn...I'm sorry that my post hasn't been as quick as I wanted but I've got to get lessons ready for work and such so give me some time and it'll get up.

Wattz
03-15-2011, 12:38 AM
Sorry I STILL haven't put up a character -___-;;; I'll make one sometime this week after Tuesday! Hold me to it or hold my head in a boiling vat of goo.

... or something like that XD

EDIT:

I FINALLY found the time and buckled down to make me a character! Well… she was pre-existing BUT WHO CARES I've yet to make her a profile and this is a very edited version of her XD.

Name: Kalani

World: Llystra (Yondle)

Appearance: Kalani is short and a bit chubby with a round, smiling face. Her skin has a rich tan complexion and her hair is white, long, and tangled. Her eyes are blue and she wears simple island garb with a tube-like shirt and a wraparound skirt. Kalani is almost always clad in blues and purples, a symbol of her experience as a herbologist (somewhat like an alchemist) because blue and purple dye is so rare and difficult to make on her little nameless island.

Medicine Satchel
Kalani is something of an alchemist, though not so much in a scientific fashion as in a natural fashion. As such, she’s also something of a medic and carried around a satchel of medicinal creations as well as an assortment of other useful herbs and leaves.

Personality: Kalani is a fun-loving little thing with a giddy personality. She has a hard time concentrating on one thing at a time and her interest constantly waxes and wanes. Kalani is easily distracted and has a hard time handling confrontational situations. However, her interest in herbology has remained constant. The only thing that isn’t constant about her hobby are her projects, which often go unfinished or otherwise forgotten when she finds something else to work on. Kalani also has a great love of food, shown by her chubby form, a trait that not many of her fellow islanders share. As such, she is slightly self conscience, but doesn’t run around with the intention of letting everybody know.

History: Kalani grew up on a small (officially) nameless island in Llystra. Though they are water-locked, they trade every once in a while with outsiders via boat. For the sake of trading, their island has been dubbed “Yelai,” though the natives prefer to leave the island nameless and as such address it as Yelai very rarely (the running joke is that the name is actually meaningless: completely fabricated as a stand-in for trading. They find great humor in the situation, though their smirks towards outsiders seem quite out of context).

The island trades with a specific tribe called Taldar on the shores of Llystra on a perennial basis for a small festival dedicated to the celebration of the changing seasons. Kalani often travels there along with others to sell her medicinal wares.

She’s lived a simple, happy life, though her father naturally passed away from old age and her mother is also nearing that time. Kalani does her best to support her mother, but she often keeps her distance, since her mother Wuei doesn’t quite want any help, thank you very much.

Jacogos
03-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Approves of Wattz's charry :thumbup:

Wattz
03-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Weeee, thank you! 8D

Jacogos
03-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Problem: I am no GM xD I don't have any say :P sowwy

The Imposter
03-19-2011, 03:55 AM
Totally accepted Wattz! Feel free to do an intro post if ya'd like.

Sorry that my progression post isn't up yet, I'm trying to find some time in the day but my internship is coming to an end so I'm getting piled up with stuff to do. It is extremely busy but enjoyable, just lacking creative writing time. Will get one in soon though!

Wattz
03-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Naw, I know Jacogos XD. Just thought I'd say thanks!

Sweet! Thanks, Atma. I'll try getting to an opening post sometime this week (vague much?). I'm heading home from college for the week, so I might be preoccupied.

Mordecai
03-20-2011, 11:24 PM
Gah, I've only posted like, once so I feel really lame for saying this, but I'm going out of town for a week and I won't have access to a computer until Friday evening :c so I won't be able to post until then.

The Imposter
03-21-2011, 01:28 AM
Don't sweat it, this hasn't been a super fast paced rp and probably won't be anytime soon. Enjoy your week away!

The Imposter
03-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Heyo, got a post up. I don't know how long it'll be until everyone comes into contact, other than Abel meeting Jacogos char. It would be really good if we could help fill the world with a few more Wynnites. I'm going to ask around, see if anyone is interested.

Jacogos
03-21-2011, 10:04 PM
I would like to see a few more players here xD

Wattz
03-30-2011, 07:47 AM
Sorry it took me so fucking long to make a post >__<. I figured that something's better than nothing, at least for the moment! Always room for more XD. I figure the village (Taldar) that Kalani's in right now is relatively close to the other Yondle.

Mordecai
04-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Ooooh, a festival?

I think I'm going to have to make my character attend this shindig :P

EDIT: Hey, W, since your character's already there, it'd be fine if you wanted to mention seeing my character wandering around in your next post d: because I don't really have much to do until then.

Jacogos
04-09-2011, 05:42 PM
*bump* I don't know how to continue >.<

Wattz
04-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Ooooh, a festival?

I think I'm going to have to make my character attend this shindig :P

EDIT: Hey, W, since your character's already there, it'd be fine if you wanted to mention seeing my character wandering around in your next post d: because I don't really have much to do until then.

Can do, Mordecai!

Lacelette
04-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Name: Sophia Bender
World: Wynn

Appearance: A lean woman of 5'6, Sophia has a whitish-peach skin with long black hair (http://portrait-photos.org/photo/16897.html)which she would normally tie in a snail bun when she's at work. Her thoughtful, olive green eyes matches her dark viridian coat which she loves wearing even when the weather is hot.

Personality:
Sophia is sarcastic. Or rather, sarcasm is her. For reasons unknown, not a day goes by without a hint of her sarcastic input. It’s just her cup of tea...or another person’s rain (however you choose to see it). As a business woman, she’s headstrong, argumentative, and decisive. She wouldn’t hesitate to criticize someone’s ideas or cancel an agreement if she thinks it wouldn’t benefit her father’s company or her own well-being in the long-run.

As a person, she is actually very protective to those she loves (and there aren’t many who she could call a friend) albeit being a bit of a cynic herself. She’s inquisitive and adventurous but you wouldn’t want to cross her because once you do, she can keep a grudge for a lifetime. What fuels her obssesive hunting of the Shades and uncovering the mystery behind her mother’s death is her sense of righteousness. Sophia believes that she can’t keep living a normal life until she puts her late mother’s soul to rest. Her stubborness would be her ultimate downfall and the reason that she never has many friends to begin with is because she's insensitive to others. Sophia is afraid of being wrong. Her fear of failure has haunted her all her life perhaps because she feels that she's responsible for so many events.

On a different note, Sophia loves the smell of lavender and her favourite flower is the bellflower (http://www.types-of-flowers.org/bellflower.html).

History: Faring from an affluent and reputable family, Sophia Bender has spent the last 6 years of her life tracking down every existing record of Otherworldly Creatures, Half-Lifes, and Ethereal Beings. Her dedication and fervor of this project stems from the fact that her family has once dealt with one or more of these creatures in one way or another long before she was even born. Her father made a name for himself when he opened up his own firm and produced many inspiring technological devices that would be the talk of the century. Hence, being a daughter of a famed transport and communication inventor, Sophia worked alongside her father as one of his company’s leading innovative gadget designer. But it was her mother who implanted a deep-seated curiosity in Sophia to delve into the world of Old Craft or as more commonly called black magic.

Her mother who was a philosopher and college lecturer would invest long hours teaching and learning about the human mind and existence as well as the existence of creatures not from the world on Wynn. Sophia’s mother would take an extra step through extensive research on religions, cults and who knows what else. Yes, while it was her mother’s devotion to such discoveries that leads Sophia to become aware of such possible creatures and even more witchcraft.

When Death came for her mother, He came with more than just His scythe. Sophia remembered the screams of anguish and pain when her mother’s soul was snatched away from her body by a vague manifestation of a ghoul. Because of this, she has made it her life’s mission to find out what exactly has taken her mother’s life and whether it—whatever it is--- would put an end to her life as well. With stable salaries from her association with her father’s company, Sophia managed to spare much of her time pursuing dark knowledge and after 6 years, she finally came close to the key to all her questions; a creature known as the Shade. Now her only trouble would be how to capture one…

The Imposter
04-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Sweet, your in! We are slowly growing our ranks! Welcome aboard. Post as soon as you can.

Lacelette
04-23-2011, 06:44 AM
Thanks Atma-Noah! Your character's been quiet lately. I hope he doesn't mind that my character visits him and his grandad at the temple. :) Can't wait to see this RP get itself into more action. XD

Mordecai
04-23-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm just waiting on W to reply d:
Or for some crazy Shade to break up the little festival shindig.

Jacogos
04-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Atmah needs some postage lolz

Mordecai
04-24-2011, 12:11 AM
Yes, her (him?) too.

I just need something craaazy for me to respond.

Wattz
04-25-2011, 02:33 AM
Sorry I haven't posted yet >__<. Had a bombardment of busy lately, and I still do, but I'm at a lull after coming back from a convention, so I'm taking it to post!

The Imposter
04-25-2011, 02:44 AM
post will be up tomorrow. Not into posting right now, but will be soon. Just need to finish packing and such.

Mordecai
04-27-2011, 09:06 PM
:P I need to respond, too. E'rybody's been busy. Life happens.

Lacelette
04-29-2011, 05:32 AM
You guys, do you mind telling me if my IC posts are too long or if you have a problem with my paragraphing? I'm still new at RPGing (as you can see) but I'm trying my best. >.<

Jacogos
04-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Nahh, I think you're doing pretty good Lace. At least, this iscoming form the guy who HAS to read what you post in order to come up with a decent reply lolz

Wattz
04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Your writing looks fine to me, Lacelette! The length shouldn't be a problem, there's a lot of RPers out there who love long posts. Also, every RPer has their own style, so I'd say there's no real "right" or "wrong" way to paragraph things.

Mordecai
04-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Yeah, I think it's absolutely fine. I'm typically disappointed when someone posts really really short things because it tends to make it harder to respond, but I've seen no problem with your writing.

metaL_winG13
04-29-2011, 11:20 PM
D'you still have any open spots? 'Cuz this seems like it would be fun. :)

Lacelette
04-30-2011, 09:41 AM
Ok, thanks y'all. But you guys better be honest with me if anything's up 'cause I can take a hit. xP *gasp* I smell fresh meat...(and its not me this time). >:3

The Imposter
04-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Yes we have open spots, so feel free to put up a sheet.

Lace your posts are great actually. You've really brought things together so keep it up! I'm in the middle of a conference before more college grad tomorrow but I should be posting Monday.

metaL_winG13
04-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Sweet! I'll get working on a character sheet then, and I'll look at the IC thread to catch up.

metaL_winG13
04-30-2011, 07:01 PM
I have sent you a profile.

Mordecai
04-30-2011, 11:33 PM
What's with RP's server going down?

I forgot about this RP because when I tried to make a post last night it said it was busy D: Working on it now.

metaL_winG13
05-02-2011, 02:42 PM
(Got the A-ok from Atma-Noah, so here's my profile).

Name: Aislinn
Alias: Ashlyn Stride
World: Llystra
Appearance: When Aislinn is in her natural form, her preferred form as a Shade, she looks very much like a black kitten (http://i52.tinypic.com/nbdv2p.jpg) with piercing blood red eyes. This form gives her ease in snooping around both Yondle and Wynn, as her form appears to be harmless and even draws attention from innocent, ignorant humans.
As a human, she looks like every other high school teen (http://i56.tinypic.com/2aj5ap.jpg); skinny and tall with an attitude to match her trouble-making joys.
Personality: Trouble has essentially been Aislinn's middle name, whether she is in her human form or her Shade form in either the world of Wynn or Yondle. She is rather young for a Shade; in fact, she had recently been "born" from humanity's sins, and she greatly enjoys the thrill of being chased by the warriors defending both Wynn and Yondle. Playing tricks on others is a favorite passtime of hers, and although she can be annoying (especially to the other Shades), she tends to be a rather curious creature.
History: Aislinn does not know much of the human race, other than that they are sinful creatures and that she was born from that sin. She is curious about them, though, and in her time spent on Llystra, she has learned as much as she can.

Upon her arrival to Wynn, she immediately found a family that believed their child to be dead; a perfect opportunity, in other words, for her to blend in. She has been living with that family since, observing the humans at the high school she attends in the city of Gnatut. She has not discovered much in the way of a means to defeat the warriors that defend Wynn, but she has found how gullible the human race can be, how willingly humanity will commit sins to get what they desire.

She has heard rumors, whispers of another Shade, by the name of Grondan, and is looking for him to ally with him.

I'll be posting ASAP! :)

Jacogos
05-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Hah! I has a buddy now :D

Just for clarification, I was going to wait for Atma to post before I did, but if he's not up in the next day or two, I can get a filler in.

metaL_winG13
05-02-2011, 09:12 PM
I haff posted (if you haven't seen it). A bit short, but... meh. Something to start with.

Jacogos
05-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Eets a gewd start, yesh. However, I would like to get Atma's charry's input before I go on, not much for me to do otherwise >.< It'd be a lot of filler

metaL_winG13
05-02-2011, 09:26 PM
True. It would be fair to wait, anyways. :P And there's no rush.

Mordecai
05-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Le bump.

We need a way for the worlds to be pulled together. I don't know if W has a way into the other world, but I'm stuck in Llystra with no plan.

The Imposter
05-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Heyo Mordecai I would suspect that the characters from both worlds will cross paths rather shortly. Anyways sorry I haven't gotten around to posting. Haven't been on a whole lot with moving and all will do my best to get something finished in the next day or two.

Lacelette
05-08-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm excited to see what would happend if Wynn and Llystra comes together too. I'm sure Atma-Noah has something up his sleeve if any unpredictable turn of events is to happen. xB

Jacogos
05-08-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm alright with any pace so long as the RP continues :P I like this one, because I adore my character xD

Mordecai
05-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Haha, I want this to not die so I can develop mine more.

Wattz
05-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Well I dunno, I could always make a post with an... EXPLOSION?!?!?

People like explosions, right?

Or some kind of enemy invasion? Festival crashers? Mandatory sky pirates? Perhaps it could lead into the collision of the worlds with a big fat BOOM?

Lacelette
05-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Lol. I think Wattz is trying to tell us something. xP Boom boom pow.

Jacogos
05-09-2011, 04:34 PM
CLICK CLICK BOOM!!!!

:D

metaL_winG13
05-09-2011, 10:23 PM
H'okay. I PROMISE I will post tonight. D: I haven't, um, been around lately 'cause I've been preparing for finals and whatnot (and I've been feeling... uninspired too, for one reason or another...). And if not tonight, tomorrow fo' sho'.

Mordecai
05-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Jacogos gets props for the reference.

Jacogos
05-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Props :D
Anyhoo. Waiting VERY patiently for Atma :)

Mordecai
05-14-2011, 05:38 PM
D: I still have no idea how to incorporate the two worlds.

Lacelette
05-15-2011, 02:10 AM
I thought we need to get thumbs up from the GM before anything as drastic as merging two worlds could be done. Who knows if Atma plans to unleash a swarm of Shades on your village or something? :(

Mordecai
05-15-2011, 02:13 AM
D: That'd be terrible! But I think there does need to be some action in Llystra. I'm ready to do some fighting.

Lacelette
05-15-2011, 02:22 AM
I want to see some fighting on your part as well but maybe we should wait a little longer for Atma's cue...? Or perhaps your character could find a way to bond more closely with Kalani?

If you think you have a great idea on how Llystra and Wynn could intertwine then you could always PM Atma about it. <:]

The Imposter
05-15-2011, 03:17 AM
Heyo guys and gals.

So within my next two posts I plan on bringing some things together. Sorry if this has been a slower pace than you all hoped but I've been busy with other things. So I do have a plan coming up I'm just trying to work out a kink or two.

There will be some things revealed and in essence everyone is going to be together in one world...perhaps except for the two shade characters because they can portal back and forth willy nilly.

Edit: since things could be moving fast through all the dialogue and such at the temple, I'll be posting withing the next day or so whether Mordecai posts or not.

Those in Llystra can be free to incorporate anything they want to happen there before my next two posts happen.

Lacelette
05-15-2011, 03:54 AM
WHOOO!! Finally. xD

Jacogos
05-17-2011, 07:13 PM
*bump*

The Imposter
05-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Alright folks, my next post will be bringing characters together and such. I will pm some of you about certain plot points coming up and get your feed back on that to help confirm some things too.

Lacelette
05-19-2011, 11:53 AM
I like how Abel is currently the only one among us that doesn't believe in Llystra. Poor, sad, little boy. xD

Jacogos
05-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Well, technically, there are only two of you you wynnites... so the odds are very even, one believer, one not :P

The Imposter
05-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Very true, just so you know. Long weekend for me this weekend and I won't be near my lappy. Also it is almost dead forever, so my next post may be dependent on whether I can get to a library or something to put it up.

Lacelette
05-20-2011, 07:56 AM
@Jacogos: Oh yeah. Funny, I never noticed that until you mention it. :err:

@Atma: Aww man, and just when it looks like things are picking up pace. But don't worry about it too much Atma, this RP is too awesome for me to abandon it now. :dance:

Jacogos
05-20-2011, 04:23 PM
We believe in you, Atma!

... Well, I do at any rate O.o

Wattz
05-20-2011, 04:50 PM
That we do! We believe!!

The Imposter
05-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Ok folks have a new lap top. Get posting so we can get going!

Wattz
05-26-2011, 01:43 AM
Awesomesauce! Just kinda waiting on Mordecai or someone to post. Kalani's been left hanging for a while, though it can be hard to post more for conversations x__x.

Lacelette
06-04-2011, 11:13 AM
*inserts dramatic background music* LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

The Imposter
06-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Yeah peoples, get a post up so I can continue!

Mordecai
06-04-2011, 07:59 PM
D: I'm so sorry, Wattz, I totally missed that post!
I'll work on one riiight now.

I'm still wondering how the whole "meeting of the worlds" thing is going to happen. I'm not the GM so I didn't want to just randomly initiate it...

The Imposter
06-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Haha a little patience Mordecai. I'll be posting this afternoon....

Mordecai
06-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Haha a little patience Mordecai.

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://assets.storenvy.com/product_photos/266924/FUUUU_RE_FFFFFUUUU_Pizza-s508x387-44250_1__original.jpg&sa=X&ei=8gHsTY_0CpGEtgeeuvGJAQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGzht9rnrP5FNOvmIS5z06rIHIeLA

No patience for you.

The Imposter
06-06-2011, 12:34 AM
alright this afternoon turned into evening but it is up. It is a doozey too. Enjoy! Any questions feel free to drop them here and I'll answer them!

Wattz
06-06-2011, 01:00 AM
http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://assets.storenvy.com/product_photos/266924/FUUUU_RE_FFFFFUUUU_Pizza-s508x387-44250_1__original.jpg&sa=X&ei=8gHsTY_0CpGEtgeeuvGJAQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGzht9rnrP5FNOvmIS5z06rIHIeLA

No patience for you.

I laughed so hard XDDDDD

@Atma: I'm so happy to see this RP moving along, no lie 8D. I'll take a closer look at it later tonight, but my curiosity is killing me.

Jacogos
06-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Gonna do a post up shortly. Lace, Atma mentioned in his post that those words the masked man spoke (the ones you put in red) were only in my character's hearing range. Just pointing that out.

Lacelette
06-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Ah, thanks for pointing that out Jacogos. I've edited it. =]

Wattz
06-20-2011, 06:05 AM
Hey, all! So I just edited my post to contain the portal that connects the two worlds. Ya'll are now in the middle of the festival and the portal momentarily distorted the space around them, leaving a sense of disorientation for the locals.

Mordecai
06-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Hey, all! So I just edited my post to contain the portal that connects the two worlds. Ya'll are now in the middle of the festival and the portal momentarily distorted the space around them, leaving a sense of disorientation for the locals.

Nice. I responded to your post and Atma-Noah's. Abel's now lying on the ground, being stared at like a monkey at the zoo.

The Imposter
06-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Will be posting this week to move stuff along and what not. Sorry for the delays.

Mordecai
07-01-2011, 09:45 PM
No problem.

The Imposter
07-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Post is up everyone! Again sorry that it has been kinda delayed.

Mordecai
07-11-2011, 02:18 PM
I made a post, just so this pops up in subscribed threads d:

Jacogos
07-12-2011, 12:32 AM
>.>
<.<
*has to think very very hard*

.... Any ideas, Atma? T.T

The Imposter
07-12-2011, 12:43 AM
I don't know if metalwing is still kicking around or not. You can head back to the room where the puppeteer and the grandfather is. Depending on who you help will effect the story, and I'll send you a pm with some info if you decide to go back so you can just post it. Which will reveal some info for people to know. I should mention though that if you decide to cross to Llystra (which you can do whenever because your a Shade) that the portals aren't linked to geographical locations. So if you opened a portal near the temple you wouldn't have to end up in the festival. Portals are linked to the destination the person is thinking when transporting. So in Abel and Ms. Bender's case it was pure happenstance they ended up where they did.

Once Lacelette posts more the plot will move forward a bit on the Llystra side of things.

Jacogos
07-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Hmmm... I think I'll have him do that.... What exactly did the thing mean by 'bring the show to its conclusion'?

Elizabeth16
07-14-2011, 02:56 AM
Need more players? :)

The Imposter
07-14-2011, 03:06 AM
Sure would love some.

Elizabeth16
07-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Which do you seem to need, as of now?

The Imposter
07-17-2011, 03:57 AM
I think we need some Shade killers so male Llystraians. Also wouldn't hurt to have some Wynnites that are still in Wynn. So take your pick really.

The Imposter
07-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Double post for a head count. Seems Lacelette has dissapeared. Expect a movement post in the next night or two.

Jacogos
07-23-2011, 10:07 PM
I am alive.
Not sure how to post... I know what you wanted me to do, and I'm trying to get it now that I've caught a break... blah

Wattz
07-24-2011, 02:10 AM
Still here!

The Imposter
08-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Officially on hiatus because I need to fill a few more spots because people have left...if you know anyone that might be interested send them here with a char sheet!