PDA

View Full Version : The Galaxy Project

:| Undying |:
01-20-2011, 07:55 PM
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/EmberFive/TheGalaxyProjectlogobackground.png

Mwahaha, -yes-, I'm starting the Galaxy Project today.

Earlier, I posted the "coming soon" banner for this. It's intended as a world-building community project set in a massive region of space surrounding the Earth, and unless I'm mistaken, it's the first on RPN. Yay!

All members of the community are invited to visit this thread and post concepts concering anything, ranging from races, civilisations, planets, colonies, star systems, nebulae, budding mad scientists, black holes, space pilots and pirates, all the way to murderous religious groups that don't believe in apples. They don't even have to be sci-fi. A bit like posting an OOC without necessarily posting an IC.

I'll mark the location/territory of each concept on a galactic map such that they can all interact; or not, if you want them secluded to a star system or planet or somewhere. Here's a drastically shrunken version of this map:
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/EmberFive/TheGalaxyProject180111.png
There's practically nothing on this map at the moment, but this is where the contributors come in. The original concepts are: Cosmopolis (center), the "Rome" of the galaxy and it's protectorated territory, and Earth (bottom-left), included for reference only and standing as a blank slate. When contributors feel it's suitable, I'll post a massively scaled-up version wherein we can appreciate it's scale.

There are two things worth mentioning before I let you loose on it; :D

//// Territory Sizes ////
If introducing a nation, I personally would advise keeping it's territory within a max of several times larger than Cosmopolis' protectorate. It leaves room for other contributors while still having a substantial number of colonies. If you do choose to make a massive empire I'll enlarge the map boundaries for you, considering this map is just a fraction of the galaxy.

//// The Galactic Senate ////
Political entities are advised to have a delegation on Cosmopolis if they want to be part of the wider galactic community. It's entirely optional but this tends to ease diplomacy and trade.

That's it! I hope you have a fun time coming up with ideas, I know I'm looking forward to hearing them.

http://role-player.net/forum/image.php?u=206&dateline=1295380607

Biophysicist
01-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting, and riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight up my alley.

Let's see what I can come up with. ;0

EDIT: If you'd like an interactive version of the map (like scrollable and stuff), I can make you one. ;}

Omega
01-20-2011, 08:19 PM
World building on an epic scale? My interest has peeked the highest it has ever gotten. I will be certainly be hoping to contribute to this in the very near future.

Atrum Daemon
01-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Consider my interest piqued, good sir.

Gunnison
01-20-2011, 09:16 PM
:Rolls fingertips against each other:

Excellent...

Sigma
01-20-2011, 09:31 PM
This intrigues me. hehehehe...

01-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Alrighty, I'm happy to see everyone. I was planning for you to post your ideas in this thread.

EDIT: If you'd like an interactive version of the map (like scrollable and stuff), I can make you one. ;}
Thanks, I'll see how the map turns out.

Omega
01-21-2011, 12:25 AM
I have the beginning of an idea that might be interesting.

Theological fanatics who worship their technology with cyborg implants being very common in order to bring them closer to that which they worship and the most enlightened among them have their minds uploaded into machines. They are spread loosely across around a dozen worlds though only 3 of them are fully terraformed the other are in various stages of development and the populaces often use special implants on those worlds to make life easier.

Sigma
01-21-2011, 03:53 AM
I've got loads of ideas for various factions and races, and other stuff.

01-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Theological fanatics who worship their technology with cyborg implants being very common in order to bring them closer to that which they worship and the most enlightened among them have their minds uploaded into machines. They are spread loosely across around a dozen worlds though only 3 of them are fully terraformed the other are in various stages of development and the populaces often use special implants on those worlds to make life easier.
Cool. I'll draw up some scattered star systems when I have the opportunity.

GGear Izuna
01-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Oooooo ^////^ I can make the Zetsumei empire make a appeanrance! Wait can we have mobile suits?

01-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Ooh goody! I'll need to know vaguely where the Empire is located though.

Sigma
01-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Would it be alright to make an faction outside of the Galactic Senate? like a rogue state? most cases they'd be the villains.

01-21-2011, 07:24 PM
That's absolutely up to you. I'll map both factions so far, unless you have some more data on your faction.

Sigma
01-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Well first off, their name is the Vashnir Consortium. and I'll post up other information when I can.

Atrum Daemon
01-21-2011, 07:47 PM
I'll post up some basic information on the Eternal Empire of the Vaanshii and at least one other once I get a good opportunity.

GGear Izuna
01-22-2011, 05:10 AM
Ooh goody! I'll need to know vaguely where the Empire is located though.

Oh, Its outside the Solar system. Bout say 1-2 million-light years form dwarf planet pluto . The planet is a biosphere Called Terra II, But if someone is using the name already. I can change It ^_^

Edit: Also, It may take me awhile for me post some info too.

The Magnan
01-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Name: Auran Empire
Planet: Aurha
Primary Cities/Citadels: Citadel of Time, Solitude, Solace, Eternity Citadel, Moor City
Race: Human Auran
Faction name: Grey Watch
Leader: Simone
Head of Stealth: Ross
Head of Intelligence: Trix
Head of Defense: Daniel
Planet location: Nearer the edge of the Milky Way, about 8 million light years from Pluto
Background: (Unless said otherwise then I'll include the Temporal Experiment. Also Grey Watch rarely mess around with time, only if someone else attempts to twist fates. They serve to protect it, not harm it in anyway)

Grey Watch were formed in 1940, in Britain, and used they telekinetic abilities to enhance their weaponry and technology. During a long process a SYNDRIX hive computer intelligence was created. The year 2115 Grey Watch built a fleet of dreadnoughts and left Earth, to find somewhere a little more peaceful. The SYNDRIX was used to pick of suitable habitable planet, and the terraforming begin. Once Grey Watch settled on newly name Aurha, they built glorious cities across the plains. They also renamed themselves Auran Humans. They've also developed plasma and energy enhanced weaponry along with armours

I hope this is ok

K
01-22-2011, 09:57 AM
I'm a sucker for worldbuilding, so I'll throw my two cents into this. How do you feel about an interstellar state governed by a post-singularity entity whose "body" is actually a vast, distributed network of traversable wormholes (http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8780/wormhole11222823656.jpg), dyson swarms (http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6536/reddyson.jpg), and moon-to-planet sized supercomputers (http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9717/moonbrain.jpg), and whose biological and non-biological "subjects" are utilized for the intelligence's benefit akin to how we use bacteria to produce yeast?

Sigma
01-22-2011, 10:26 AM
This post is now my official information sheet on the Vashnir Consortium and other things probably and is subject to change.

The Vasnir Consortiun is an alliance formed by various planetary and sectorial governments, as well as a few corporations, that declared intentions to create a new superpower rivaling other regional governments in military and economic strength. they've even challenge the authority of the Galactic Senate and Cosmoplis, thus being labeled as rogue state.

The Consortium has been known to raid and annex unaffiliated systems outside the Protectorate, avoiding war for the moment. however in recent years the Consortium has gotten bold in it's actions and have launched a series of skirmishes against members of the Galactic Senate.

Government
The ruling body of the Consortium is the Vashnir Council made up of leaders of all member states and organizations with the consortium.

Below the Council is the Consortium's own version of the Senate, the governing body headquartered on the planet Razusi, where the council is located as well. It serves the same function for the Vashnir Consortium as the Galactic Senate does for Cosmoplis.

Member Races

Neiomu
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Aliens/alien-69.jpg
Neiomu are humanoids with smooth green-blue skin skin, red eyes, lipless mouths, and long thin noseless faces.

They have a reputation for greed, ruthlessness and yet cowardice. Neiomu place tremendous value on wealth, and would go to great lengths to gain money and power. They are the rulers of the Neiomu Empire, founder of the Consortium.

Nazin'yar

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Aliens/Alien-1029.jpg
The Nazin'yar are a species of short saurian creatures that serve the Neiomu Empire, and later the Vashnir Consortium as mercenaries and privateers. the Nazin'yar are known for their swiftness, viciousness, and dexterity, despite their physical frailty. In combat, the Nazin'yar serve as either snipers, scouts or light infantry within the Consortium due to their excellent senses of sight, smell, and hearing.

Morat

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Aliens/Alien-2253.jpg
A ferocious warrior race of strange red-faced humanoids. the morat were a difficult people for the Neiomu empire to conquer. they are skilled warriors and soldiers after centuries of fighting one another and proved to be frighten foes.

It would take a decade to finally overwhelm their homeworld of Tarak and another to fully annex the morat. and while the planet still suffers from civil unrest by those who reject the Empire and then the Consortium. others have welcomed the new change of rule and put a halt of the infighting their species went through.

Shadori

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Aliens/alien-2.png
The Shadori are the indigenous species of the planet Sha'Dhul, are world within the Neiomu Empire. They are best known for their natural mathematical ability which made them expert starship builders and astrogators for the Consortium. Other notable features of the Shadori are their skeletal appearance, and their ability to survive in a vacuum.

Parasha

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Aliens/alien-2293.png
The Parasha are pinkish fungoid crustaceon-like creatures with wide, fan-like wings. they have wrinkled heads which can change color. The Parasha communicate via telepathy or special voice devices as they have no means to speak. they ruled a small region of space and are known as the Parasha Collective. they were isolated from the galaxy until they came into contact with the Centians. the Collective joined the Consortium out of loyalty and seeking protection rather then defiance.

Xantak

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Aliens/Alien-248.jpg
The Xabtak are a an insectoid species similar to the Ants of Earth. they're homeworld was annexed by the Parasha Collective centuries ago. the Xantak however were quick to serve their new masters. the Xantak are highly productive workers, all born to fulfill a certain role or to perform a specific task for the hives before, then the Collective, now the Consortium.

Human
In the early days of the Consortium. various independent human colony worlds had joined the cause, some joined for a means of protection, others joined out of an act of rebellion of the central earth government.

Centian

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Aliens/alien-1537.png
The Centians are a tall, blue-skinned militaristic human-like race. Centians are the Consortium's most numerous species. their government, the Centian

Military
The various individual armies and fleets provided by the armed forces of the contributing members of the Consortium have reorganized themselves to create the united Consortium Armed Forces.

01-22-2011, 10:42 AM
You don't need to ask. :D I'll map all this stuff.

K
01-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Here is a list (http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/fasterlight.php#The_Canonical_List_of_StarDrives) of the means to which faster-than-light travel is commonly produced. The Atomic Rockets website also hosts a large database of space-related topics, ranging from warfare to colonization and so on.

I will provide a more in-depth description of my polity very soon.

EDIT: While this world-building concept is in its infancy, and can go in virtually any direction, I would like to address the question of limitations. If they exist at all in this stage, what are the do's and do-not's of this fictional universe? I am content with this question being left unanswered, so as not to detract from the creativity of the worldbuilding.

01-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Hmm. I was hoping we could go with soft sci-fi for this one.

01-22-2011, 11:37 AM
EDIT: While this world-building concept is in its infancy, and can go in virtually any direction, I would like to address the question of limitations. If they exist at all in this stage, what are the do's and do-not's of this fictional universe? I am content with this question being left unanswered, so as not to detract from the creativity of the worldbuilding.
I didn't want to write up a relativistic rulebook for the Galaxy Project precisely so I don't alienate creativity. But here are some of my ideas if we feel they're sensible:

- FTL is possible using a variety of different FTL drive types and methods.
- Terraforming is expensive and takes decades to complete using current technology. The vast majority of worlds are lifeless, save for scientific outposts or mining operations.
- Space warfare reflects modern-age naval warfare. Lotsa lazors and missilez, and heavier ships tend to go broadside (side-to-side) with each other.
- Post-singularity races can bend these rules, or even invent their own to some degree.

The Magnan
01-22-2011, 02:24 PM
I edited my first post with Auran empire details, they are peaceful people. I hope its ok.

01-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Magnan and Izuna are placing their empires very far from Earth. Do you still want them on the map?

01-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Oh, and there's no question whether factions are accepted or not. All factions are automatically accepted.

The Magnan
01-22-2011, 03:11 PM
hmmm maybe shift Aurha closer to earths doorstep....

01-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Okay.

01-22-2011, 04:56 PM
I've mapped everything so far.

Lord Xarel
01-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Hmm... Any spots open in this project of epic proportions?

Atrum Daemon
01-22-2011, 05:52 PM
I will be using this post to put down all relevant information on my factions.

Actual information to come soon...

The Magnan
01-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Cool, so im guessing this will be done as a roleplay.

01-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Hmm... Any spots open in this project of epic proportions?
There's going to be room for some time yet.

01-23-2011, 11:16 AM
It's been pretty cool for the Project to get this many contributors so fast. I look forward to hearing more!

Enigma
01-25-2011, 03:19 AM
One group I knew used ppl's lat/long to plot them on their grid. Have you thought about dividing the graphic you have into quadrants and/or sectors? Sectors can be further divided into subsectors, each made up of a volume of space which contains space for several systems, the closest spaced 3 ly apart.

Giving each submitter a sub-sector to develop should still leave plenty of room for expansion and make it easier to map. But that's only my personal opinion, please feel free to reject anything I've posted.

Sickly
01-25-2011, 05:46 PM
kay

01-25-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm already familiar with sectors, quadrants, systems etc. but thanks anyway Enigma. Truth-be-told though, using a grid system did cross my mind. I would say it's OK without a grid system for now, but if the community wants one, I'd be happy to oblige.

Sickly
01-26-2011, 02:19 PM
is there a kind of planet outline or race's outline that we have to follow

01-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Not really, no.

Sickly
01-27-2011, 04:23 PM
can i start on creating something in this thread or should i PM you

01-27-2011, 05:39 PM
You don't need to PM me. This is the concept thread itself.

Enigma
01-28-2011, 07:28 AM
Dracos Rift

Overview

The Dracos Rift was named historically for the Dracos Dominion, which conquered a significant quarter of the rift between 3000 – 59 B.P. (Before Pax). A slave revolt managed to remove the Council of Queens, which resulted in the immediate collapse of the Dominion.

In the chaos that followed, the freed worlds banded together for mutual defense and support, eventually forming the Pax Confederation. Each individual member retain sovereignty over their own nations and colonies, while decisions that affected all were decided by the Pax Councils and Bureaus.

In 2018 P.F., war broke out between two neighboring systems. It quickly escalated into civil war that pulled the Pax Confederation apart as worlds made war on their neighbors and colonies declared their independence.

In 2035 P.F, a young, un-contacted world known as Terrene started to explore their interstellar neighbors, only to discover scarred battlefields. The Terrenes began to branch cautiously out, making contact with a few surviving outposts.

By 2084 P.F., Terrene had established several fledging colonies of its own when it made contact with representatives from Cosmopolis.

It is 2107 P.F., and Terrene has emerged as the leader of the Dracos Rift. There are some who say that the old Pax Confederation however still has a few secrets left.

01-28-2011, 05:16 PM
I'll map it when I have the opportunity.

Enigma
01-28-2011, 10:57 PM
I'll map it when I have the opportunity.

k! ^ _ ^

Sickly
01-29-2011, 05:20 AM
The Argus Rogues
The Argus Rogues are 7 Rogue planets hurtling through Deep Space. Strangely they support a lush and rich ecosystem that is the same on each planet. Satelites that are lucky enough to pass by have taken images of the surface of three of the planets and they show signs of an ancient civilization but unfortunately planetary scans show no sentient life. The Argus Rogues display an unsual amount of warmth and life when it should technically be impossible to support life it is assumed by scientist who study the planets that whatever civilization that made those planets their home had the technology to support life on a planet without a sun. Unfortunately no craft is known to be able to break past the powerful electromagnetic barrier that surrounds each planet

there are 7 Planets in existence and according to reports only 3 of them have been documented and studied and the other 4 have only been recorded by lucky travelers.

The names of the known Planets are:
Gigas
Lamia
Hydra

The Magnan
01-29-2011, 12:25 PM
when will the map be ready

01-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Well I've tried screenshotting the map in it's entirity but it's very laborious piecing it together. I can only screenshot it when full if you understand. In any case, the map only "finishes" when everyone runs out of ideas.

The Magnan
01-29-2011, 01:37 PM
I understand.

01-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Ok, the last two requests have been mapped.

Enigma
01-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Ok, the last two requests have been mapped.

Great! I don't see them on the map in the opening post though - is there a map online someplace?

I've decided to put my obsidian portal account to work and I'm posting details about Dracos Rift there that I've worked out or have pulled from previous games. Let me know if I should continue posting those details here or someplace else.

01-30-2011, 10:20 PM
I can take a screenshot right now... in fact I will do.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/EmberFive/TheGalaxyProject300111.png

Enigma
01-31-2011, 06:11 AM
I can take a screenshot right now... in fact I will do.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/EmberFive/TheGalaxyProject300111.png
So who is who?

K
01-31-2011, 02:16 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but I really can't read anything on that map. Is this intentional? If so, is there any way we can see the full-sized image?

Anyway, I would like my post-singularity entity to have control over this region of space surrounding Sol (http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6633/mapcy.png). For measuring reference, the grid itself is 20x20 squares, with each square being roughly 1.4 light years tall and wide. The circled stars are the chief domains of the post-singularity entity ruling the star cluster, and also possess the largest and most active traversable wormholes within the entire cluster. Each line connecting two circled star systems is a wormhole link, which consists of a constantly-open, spherical wormhole located within each linked star system. Logically, star systems with multiple wormhole links have multiple wormholes within them.

More information is soon to come.

01-31-2011, 06:13 PM
Anyway, I would like my post-singularity entity to have control over this region of space surrounding Sol. For measuring reference, the grid itself is 20x20 squares, with each square being roughly 1.4 light years tall and wide. The circled stars are the chief domains of the post-singularity entity ruling the star cluster, and also possess the largest and most active traversable wormholes within the entire cluster. Each line connecting two circled star systems is a wormhole link, which consists of a constantly-open, spherical wormhole located within each linked star system. Logically, star systems with multiple wormhole links have multiple wormholes within them.
Right.

So who is who?
Cosmopolis' protectorate is surrounded by the Eternal Empire of the Vaanshii to the west and the post-singularity entity to the north. I need to move the entity though per Kaleidoscope's request. The Vasnir Consortium is off to the north-east. The dimly defined region to the south is the Dracos Rift, and the planet within it is Terrene. Several of the systems surrounding Cosmopolis contain convents of the unnamed Mechalogical religion that was introduced earlier, but the four systems to the south-east are under it's direct control. The planets to the west of the Dracos Rift are four of the eleven Argus Rogues.

The Zetsumei Empire is far off to the north. North of Earth is a system containing a convent of that Mechalogical religion, and further north is the Auran Empire.

I don't know if it's just me, but I really can't read anything on that map. Is this intentional? If so, is there any way we can see the full-sized image?
I did say in the thread's original post that this is a reduced version of the map. Due to software limitations, I need to take individual screenshots of 32 segments for it to be to scale. :) This is just a layout, and when the map is "finished", I'll do that laborious screenshot.

Shifty
01-31-2011, 08:48 PM
How is it that i didn't see this earlier!? I shall indeed have to become involved. Expect a contribution from me in the near future.

02-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Ok cool. Thanks for contributing.

Sickly
02-01-2011, 05:40 PM
did you add my contributions?

the 7 planets could just be random dots all over the place

02-01-2011, 07:46 PM
did you add my contributions?
Yes, I did.

the 7 planets could just be random dots all over the place
Right.

Sickly
02-01-2011, 10:58 PM
coo

djaked
02-04-2011, 01:01 AM
Make something really small, the size of a solar system, just as a point of interest. It's a protoplanetary disk comprised of several hundred thousand small, terrestrial objects, as well as a significantly smaller amount of failed stars, proto-Jupiters in nature. Many of the terrestrial objects are mainly made up of silicates and carbon, making the potential for Earth-like planets very high. For the moment there is actually a closely knit patch of habitable terrestrial objects very near to the young star within its habitable zone. The clustered objects (23 in all) are in orbit about each other, and are each speckled with a massive array of biodiversity. Seven planets have developed sentient life, none surpassing the tribal stage of mental complexity, though one race shows signs of early civilization.

The life bearing cluster is a hot bed for research. The diverse variances of life to be found on the protoplanets can teach the universe a great deal about about the evolutionary origins of sentience species, both biologically and socially.

The cluster, however, is in the shadow of two major threats. The first threat is that within the next 20 million years, the cluster will collapse in on itself, destroying all life to be found, but forming an object roughly 2.5 Earth masses. The secondary threat to life in the cluster is its close proximity to the cool, young star, Ataraxia A. For the time being, its location is harmless, but within the next 1-2 billion years the star is expected to grow up to three times in size and surface temperature. This has led to widespread interest by inter-system environmentalists in possible strategies for either preserving the cluster's life, or taking steps towards massive relocation.

02-04-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm taking a trip to London today so I'll map it on Monday (GMT), if that's OK.

djaked
02-04-2011, 04:04 PM
It's your project. None of us are really in the position to demand you finish our requests immediately after they're made. BUT YA BETTER HURRY BACK -bipolar-

02-06-2011, 08:40 PM
*returns*

02-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Mapped it.

Housemaster
02-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Oho! Now THIS looks interesting!

I'll get to brewin' up my space colony... oh God the possibilities are ENDLESS!!! -byo-

MikeZZZ
02-15-2011, 02:20 PM
to late to join?

02-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Never.

MikeZZZ
02-16-2011, 07:15 PM
sweet, so is this like an actual RP? or is it just messin around and adding things atm?

02-16-2011, 08:23 PM
The second one.

MikeZZZ
02-17-2011, 01:28 PM
sweeeet, then it won't die :p
I'll throw something to ya soon enough......

02-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Cool.

02-23-2011, 02:56 PM
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/EmberFive/Cosmopolisfactfile.png

Gunnison
02-23-2011, 05:10 PM
So, what's the situation on Earth? Am I allowed to use it or is it off limits?

02-23-2011, 06:06 PM
It's free to use.

Gunnison
02-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Ahh, I'll post something up soon if that's okay. Also, what's the marked area near earth? I can't work out what/who's faction it is.

02-23-2011, 06:24 PM
That's a planet with a convent of that mecha religion that was introduced a few pages ago.

Gunnison
02-23-2011, 07:47 PM
http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/T-Gallery/SPQT.png

Name: Senatus Populusque Terra, "The Republic"

Race: Human

Government: Unified Republic

As the last unified governing body on Earth, the SPQT has taken up the role of the supreme governing body of Humanity. Though Humans have spread to other regions of the galaxy, the SPQT believes itself to be the one true power base of Humanity. As such, only Humans are granted citizenship, however other races are welcome to reside on Earth, provided they pay their taxes, though they lack many rights that citizens enjoy (for example suffrage). The surface of Earth now glistens with great structures of glass, steel and stone, however Earth's weather systems remain unpredictable and sometimes violent after the damage done during the 21st century.

Now basking in a golden age of wealth and technology, the territories of the SPQT enjoy the riches and pleasures of Western civilisation in a liberal and relaxed manner. Though there is a blend of cultures throughout the Republic, the Governing body maintains an iconic image reminiscent of the early Roman Empire, befitting as the source of Western society and culture. With Earth's non-renewables resources long since depleted, the SPQT relies on extensive mining operations to supply itself with non-renewable resources. This necessitates a strong and viable Navy, both Military and Merchant in nature, which remains the pride of the Republic.

The SPQT maintains amiable relationships with most factions in the Galactic Senate, however there are inevitable frictions with some factions.

Gunnison
02-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Hope that's okay :D

Sigma
02-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Sweet faction you've got gunny. looking forward to have my guys attacking you! XD

Also undying, would it be alright if there were some human colony worlds in my faction?

Gunnison
02-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Hey now, I think you'll find I'm a peaceful, liberal faction *ahem*. I'm always open to diplomatic discussions on intergalactic issues...

02-23-2011, 10:04 PM
You don't need to ask me if you can make this stuff, Sigma. If some of your colonies have a predominant human population, and the SPQT wasn't happy about it, then it's more of an in-character thing.

K
02-24-2011, 01:02 AM
I hope it's remembered that the posthuman faction I made practically engulfs the Solar System and nearby star systems. >_>

02-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Ah. I forgot. Please don't kill me.

Maybe there can be a conflict/insurrection thing going on on Earth.

K
02-24-2011, 02:57 PM
That would make sense, assuming there's actually a way to defeat the military strength of an incredibly superior intelligence. Still, they might just predict the conflict prior to its start, and use their vast capabilities to "kill" the rebellion before it is even born.

Better yet, just drop the posthuman faction altogether. I'd rather not make this more complex than it already is, and I'm sure there's more people who want to use the Solar System and/or nearby star systems. XD

02-24-2011, 03:41 PM
If you wish.

Jump Off
02-27-2011, 10:00 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/1pwlyc.jpg
O.D.O.A.
The Octennial Democratic Order of Aralia

History
Millennia ago, in a dimension unknown to anyone but this species, beings known as 'Guardians' existed. This dimension was that of the sages -- making magic the superior and only existing 'art'. At time went on, the Guardians began to wonder how things worked, and thus, they created the study of 'science'. Soon after, the Guardians discovered other worlds, planets, and dimensions -- very different from their own. The existence of other dimensions was kept secret. Only the Guardians would know of this knowledge. The Guardians' scientific efforts would come to a halt once the Great War of Sages began. They had no choice but to abandon the Dimension of Sages, once the war found itself on their doorstep. The Guardians were divided into 3 groups. One group to stay in the Dimension of Sages, and fight in the war, another to be sent to this dimension (these are the Aralangs), and another to explore every other realm, populate, and reinforce the other two groups. The group to arrive in our dimension, found an empty planet, and named it 'Aralia'; with the matching collective description 'Aralang' to go with it.

Description
The Aralangs established a government about two years after they'd colonized an empty planet, and named it 'Aralia'. This government would be martially democratic. The military acted as the government, yet the people still had sovereignty. The Octennial Democratic Order of Aralia was officially ratified and recognized well into the second year. The word 'Octennial' --meaning 'eight'-- refers to the eight "Shaped Laws" of Aralia. It also refers to Aralia's eight "founders". These people are the eight responsible for building Aralia into the economic, diplomatic, and militaristic powerhouse that it is today.

The banana on the flag represents Aralia's influence and ranking in galactic trade and economy. Because of Aralia's fertile lands, and its pole-position in the market of intergalactic trade, Aralangs/Aralian citizens enjoy nigh-hedonistic lives of riches, wealth, and pleasure with a very liberal governing entity.

((Will add more.))

GGear Izuna
03-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Sorry But it may take me awhile to make a empire.... = P

Jump Off
03-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Hmm. Where's the guy in charge of this thing? Had a preposition for him.

03-12-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm here. Just didn't want to intervene that much.

I'm being a bit lazy and haven't mapped the ODOA yet. :S But it's definitely approved.

03-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Revamped map.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/EmberFive/TheGalaxyProject031311-1.png

Sigma
03-13-2011, 08:36 PM
That's quite the Epic map!

03-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Thank yous.

Higurashi
03-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Ima join

Name: The Gore-Star Empire
Age of Faction: 1754 Earth years.
Races:
The Warpers are a highly intelligent, if rather insane race of bi-pedal beings. They have hooves for feet, and the rest of their body is a stark red, with their skin being glossy. Elongated fleshy horns with small nubs at the end suggest that they were previously goat-like in shape. Each and every one of them is addicted to some form of powerful narcotic from birth. The narcotics seem to highten their intelligence, and their insanity of agression.
While similar in stature and shape to their Warper cousins, the Borveians are much less insane. But, they are extremely territorial. They are the productive members of society, building the machinery planned up by the Warpers, and expanding the Empire. Often brutally oppresed by their cousins, they live in servitude. The main difference is that their skin is blue instead of red.
If you though the Warper's were agressive, you haven't seen a Narx. They are insectoid beings with four sharp appendages for legs. They have three arms, two facing forward, one strangely enough on their backs. Their heads are a vague oval with a V cut out of the top. Their eyes are small and beady, and the number varies. The Narx are renowned for their combat skill, especially in close combat. They compose the Gore-Star military. Especially smart or lucky Narx advance to become starship captains, or even generals.
A variety of other bi-pedal beings inhabit the Gore-Stars, drawn by tales of riches to be had. Most end up enslaved. A fortunate few live relatively normal lives. At least, as far as one can in the Gore-Stars.

Religion: While there is no set religion in the Gore-Stars, many are practiced. This is due to the influx of other species to the empire. Most worship their ancestors, looking for guidance in day to day life. A new religion, Convarz, has drawn many followers among all species. It preaches that the strong survive, and all must be brought into the fold of one banner.

Government: Despite the general chaotic nature of the Gore-Stars, not to mention high assassination rate, a solid government persists. The Convex Warpers make up an elected ruling council, often taken by moderate, but no less insane Warpers. (Imagine choosing the lesser evil.) The Narx deal with military affairs, and the Warpers usually go along with their say on who they should invade, or make an alliance with.

Position: The Gore-Stars themselves are on the fring of the eastern side of the galaxy. It is composed of approximately twenty-two stars, clustered in a vague sycle moon, with the curve facing the center of the galaxy.

03-18-2011, 03:52 PM
I'll map it for you. Thanks for joining!

The Magnan
03-18-2011, 07:06 PM
The Aurans are very secluded.... but awesome map I'm going to recheck my Sheet just so I i know things kinda haven't looked at this in a while.

Edit: I saw the guardian sheet and wondered Jump off if the Aurans call them respectively 'Ascenders' as in previous rps the planet Aurha has originally been preoccupied by older races. It's just a suggestion. I might add a little more to character sheet on Aurha - the fact that the planet was prebuilt and at its core is a complex system, of heating the planet and series of chambers which hides something nasty and unspeakingly evil. Amazing how I forget these things and that is unless Undying refuses.

03-18-2011, 10:45 PM
I know I've said it a thousand times, but... there would be no sense in refusing a concept in a world-building project.

The Magnan
03-19-2011, 12:43 PM
So you don't mind the idea of having some ancient experiment buried deep underneath Aurha..

03-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Lol, I'm fine with furby armies.

The Magnan
03-19-2011, 06:38 PM
good good, well glad thats sorted. I love these kind of rps its like playing Olbivion and Fallout. Where you can basically shape what happens.

03-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Goodies.

Higurashi
03-26-2011, 01:02 AM
This still going?

Enigma
03-26-2011, 01:30 AM
I certainly hope so! ^ _ ^;

The Magnan
03-26-2011, 09:05 AM
So do I

03-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Yep.

03-26-2011, 10:25 AM
http://multiverseroleplaying.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=457

The Magnan
03-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Nice map, there's ten all together, I think that gives us enough to start.

Higurashi
03-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Ooh! Ooh Ooh! can I make a thread?

03-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Meh, yes.

Rogerd
07-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Meh, yes.

Hello I'm new and would like to join.

What do I need to do?

07-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Nothing, you just introduce your idea into the universe.

Enigma
07-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Hello I'm new and would like to join.

What do I need to do?

Rigid for a fortnight? oy. >.<;

So what kind of world or empire do you aspire to run? Hopefully not 'Knocking-Shop 69'.

07-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Enigma, that post makes no sense. :D

The Magnan
07-06-2011, 03:31 PM
yep, made no sense at all, by the way when will a IC be up. I'm going to have recheck my cs to know my civilisation again...

07-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Well H has said he'll put up an IC so we'll be waiting on him.

The Magnan
07-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Ok, I cant wait to start

ArchonDuPlex
08-06-2011, 04:43 PM
so, just put my idea to the map? ok....

Race: Nacht Shrouden

lifespan: 100+ cycles (gsy)

government: clan/meritocracy

info: know by some rouge traders as "the shroud", their forces are barely know, with a home world that never been noted, most non hostile reports have the same notation, if your polite, they'll spare your life.

They have no home system, as in a attempt to flee from a space born plague, they turned their planet into a ship, utilising the core's heat to power what is considered the largest jump drive to date.

description: bipedal, humanoid, nocturnal.

originally a splinter colony of humans, they evolved to survive, becoming nocturnal. This changed their species dramatical, senses tweaked to perfection, bodies augmented for great speed and stealth.
It is common for those who leave the home world to become the best of all assassins.

Race: Red Weed

lifespan: Unknown

government:Unknown (if any)

info: A space born plague, know for sudden spikes of sentience. It has the capacity to infect anly life form, and can lie dormant for days before instantly changing its host into a weedling.

Sofar, no known cure has been found, though many strive to cure it, as the plague creeps in from the galactic north.
8 systems in the galaxtic north, near the rim, have already been completely changed into hiveworlds for this plantlife.

description: coral like, red.

weedlings tend to be burtish, stupid however their strength speed and toughness is doubled as the weed penetrate their system.It has been known to form huge seedpods, that are then hurtled through space towards start systems, travelling close to the speed of light.

They may take time to reach habitable worlds, but then again, they've been doing it for millenium.

whacha think?
also, how do you do that spoiler thing? I've got a few sketches of both and I'd rather have that incase they take up to much space.

08-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Lol this project is now inactive, but consider this stuff added anyway.

ArchonDuPlex
08-07-2011, 12:33 PM
oh.
well that sucks