PDA

View Full Version : Aeetix, land of the new wind. [unfinished]

spirits breath
11-07-2009, 12:37 AM
In the land of Aeetiex (Ah-eh-tex), invading forces of unknown origin threaten to wipe out humanity in an even more questionable plan. Separated civilizations of humanity spread throughout Aeetiex barricade themselves for protection forced to fend for themselves. This is the story of the leaders who will stand up and fight for humanity to the death.
“I remember my childhood well, before we got attacked by the charr. Just watch the fire so we all don’t freeze. Ah-hem.”
Ring! Ring! Ring! “Hey Quar, get out of bed you have to go to church.”
“Can’t I get just five more minutes? We are always at church earlier than we have to anyways.”
Quars’ mother bursts into the room with an armful of clothes. She sets them down next to the bed roll and runs out. “ We are late. Remember that you have to tell your testimony to the town today. Hurry up now and get dressed, your holding us back.”
“Fine, but leave first.” Quars’ father leaves the room, closing the door slowly behind him. As Quar gets out of his ragged and poorly patched up pants, and into his faded long sleeved shirt, and pants he thinks to himself. I wish I could just go outside of this city, it must be so peaceful outside of these walls. I would be able to feel the waves of vast bodies of water instead of the waves I have to create when I lay back in my clay covered bath hole. If only, if only. He starts to walk over to the door, turning back to grab his bible than runs out to the streets.
The great bells on the church rings loudly and demandingly over the town of Ashek (As- heck) as roughly two hundred people start to speed up to the church. Approaching the building, Quar stops to admire the everlasting greatness that the church radiates. “It seems that the older this town becomes, the newer and more dazzling this becomes, odd.” Seeing his friend Gratin Exceptioner, he shouts to him.” Hey Gratin, come here I have to talk to you.”
“What do you want Quar.? Don’t you know that we have barely any time to be in the church for your testimony?”
“Yeah, but I’ve been thinking. Have you ever thought about life outside of the walls, and beyond the mountains?
“Who hasn’t? Well, what would you plan to do if you can find a way outside of these walls?”
“To start, I would walk to the top of them mountains and see what is past them, then I would try and find out what we are hiding from for all the years. I would have these walls broke down in a heartbeat to get out.”
“You do know that you just put us in a really bad situation for a jinx. But, you can count on me to be there with you when we roll down that hill, now that is a thrill. But come on, we have to go now before they find out that we are late.” They run into the large doors pat a angering crowd as they push past them in a frantic haste to get to where they need to.
Kyle Colgrove

Quar and Gratin walk into the auditorium looking room in the church. The priest steps
up to the pedestal while calling for silence. It took a few minutes for the sound to cease.“ Welcome to this special celebration today, as we open up with the testimony of what one of our beloved members shares with us his story of how he got saved.
Boom! A guard stumbles in the church and collapses onto the brick-red rug that lays on the floor. The people in the isles next to the man jump out to his aid. “The…the walls have been brea.” The mans head falls back as the remains of his life fade away.
The priest, who is now gathered by the dead guard breaths deeply has he tries to stay strong about the mans death. “May the envoys carry him swiftly to the great beyond, and may they give us protection of what will come. I am sorry to say, but we must leave at once for our own safety.”
Gratin leans over to Quar and begins to whisper to him. ”See, you did jinx us after all.” The crowd of people swarm out of the large doors in a crazed frenzy to gather their belongings and escape. Quar and Gratin were pushed outside unwillingly despite there efforts to stay back. “I don’t have anything important at my house, need me to help you with your belongings.”
“I would take your offer but we should take the opportunity to get out so we avoid the crowd.” Quar turns to the side as he grabs Gratin’s arm to drag him off to the left of the crowd.
“You know Quar, you really know how to get out of a mob you know that? I see the breach, lets go for it.”
“Yea we should just give me a second.” Quar looks back to get one last glimpse of the place he called home then runs with Gratin.
Several steps later, they see what has broken through the great walls pour into the town like a waterfall. “Oh my, Quar we have to hide now or we will never see the morning sun again.” As they turn, they one of the beasts staring down at them. “Run!”
In pure terror, Quar and Gratin bolt away from the creature that was looking at them. Unaware of where they are running into, they see more and more of the giant cat, and humanoid wolves running towards them. “Sorry Gratin, but we are done for.”
“Not really, if we can find a small alleyway then we can escape.” Gratin points to a near black alley and starts to run towards it with Quar right behind him. Gratin easily fits his small frame into the alley with Quar just managing to fit with some room to breath.
“Easy for you fit it, I barely fit.” Quar shuffles closer and closer to the end of the passageway where a ladder waits for any repairs. “Now I assume we climb up and hop over the roofs until we are outside.”
“You read my mind Quar. The owners of this house must really want nobody to be on there roof to have it concealed like this.” Gratin flies up the ladder and on top of the house. “Need Help Quar?”
“You are lucky I am down here, or I would have to hit you in the gut for that.” Quar climbs the ladder sluggishly as he drags his back against the wall behind him. He staggers for a moment then flops on top of the building. “I made it up. Any more bright ideas?”
“Not yet. Now it is like what we used to do in the pond. Jump.” Together they run
over the buildings while jumping hard as they get over each gap. “ Look at that opening,
glorious. We should wait to see if there is anymore of those…those things are out there to come in, then we go outside.”
Several minutes pass as the beasts come in through the opening in a steady series of waves. Both Quar and Gratin would look at each other trying to decide if they should go or not, only to push themselves even more to the roof to avoid being seen.
One hour later, a red-orange colored beast walks into the town showing its teeth wildly. “Hey Gratin do you think that this one is the mind behind this assault? After he or she moves away long enough I think we should make a run for it.” Quar stares at the red-orange beast like a hawk so he could pounce to a mad dash once he is clear.
“I was thinking that as well Quar. But this isn’t the right time for this but there fur would make a great mothers day gift, or floor mat.” Gratin smiles warmly to himself then glances around himself and Quar. “The destruction. I just hope that there are other survivors out there, only not being imprisoned by the beasts.” Gratin thinks quickly to himself, If only I knew what they were actually called then beasts couldn’t be the only name for them.
“Gratin, now is our chance, to run out of here. Nothing has come in for a long time, and the leader is far away. Ready, go.” Quar leaps up and jumps down onto a barrel of hay. Obliged to, Gratin lumps down onto the hay barrel and runs a few yards behind Quar as they run in a mostly scared state out of the village. They near the foot hills of the mountain faster than they expected and begin to run up the slope of the mountain.
“Gratin wait.” Both Quar and Gratin look back to see the village light up in a blaze with black specks shooting up in every direction. “We should get out of here now before anything worse happens.” Quar gallops behind Gratins nimble figure as they steadily climb the small mountain.
Approaching the downhill section of the mountain, Quar and Gratin roll from both the slope and the exhaustion in there legs. They bounce up as the mountainous slopes force them up then they run faster then a sprint that gradually increases.
The mountain ends prematurely and a river reflects the image of the mountain onto the two young men. “ Quar. We made it!” Gratin and Quark fall back in a heartfull laugh with the wind tickling their hair.
After catching his breath, Gratin looks gently over at Quar. “Hey Quar. You know of those dreams that you always told me about?”
Looking at the clouds roll over the plains, Quar responds slowly. “Yea, what about them? Is this what you had planned as well.?
“No, I never planned for any of this to happen at all. However, when you told me stories repeatedly about lands that you saw with creatures that were traveling with you. The sun rising over the horizon with armor shining. Even the thought of being close to different people, err of creatures anyway seems helpful about now. We can start working on your dreams seeing as my dreams are shattered already so I will just join you in yours.”
“Gratin, why would I ever not have you in my future? You made my dreams
possible with the loss of yours. Besides, I’d hate to admit it but we should move somewhere else so we can have some chance of survival and not be seen by the wretches that burned our home.” Quar stands up and helps Gratin up and they walk away.
Quar stops talking and his story ends. “That’s how Gratin and I got out of the town everyone. Hey Hryssar, you mind telling your part of the story when you nearly ate us alive until I woke up and see you looking at me with your glowing yellow eyes. Still creeps me out in the dark.” Quar reaches back to grab a log and tosses it into the fire with a shower of sparks rising lazily into the air. “ This beats the nights chill any day.”
The large feline shaped male gazed over Quar and Gratin. His purple fur reflecting some of the light, where his muscles pushed outward. His amber eyes filling the minds of the two young boys and his teeth bore several sharp points that didn’t affect his tongue.
“Hmm, where to begin. Oh I remember now. I was walking out of my little cove in search for food, stopping momentarily to scan the area for any possible intruders. I sniffed the air to smell out anything new and I got the scent of ash and smoke.”
Hryssar leaps into the night as a lion to its prey, in search of food. Following the new scent, he twists and turns several times through a small wooded plain until he came to a clearing. He thinks quietly to himself about what he might be able to kill and take home for his family.
The full moon shone her bright face to the ground, giving it just the right illumination for children to play and sleep freely. Hryssar spots two figures lying on the ground. “Perfect, two birds with one stone.” He slowly and slowly creeps up towards the two figures. He reaches out to slice one of the figures neck with his claws until a scream pierces the night. Hryssar real’s back as the high pitched sound begins to hurt his sensitive ears.
Hryssar puts his hand over the boys mouth and he goes quiet while still struggling to get free. Hryssar leans over to the boys ear and whispers to him.” Stop screaming boy or you will have a large chunk of soil in your mouth to keep you quiet.” The boy slowly stops screaming and struggling then breaks the silence to tell Hryssar his name.
“My name is Quar you, you fiend.”
“Fiend? If anything you are a little spawn from the planets bowels. Hryssar draws back to gain force in his hit with Quars’ face. “Now quiet child, we wouldn’t want to wake the beasts of the night.” Struggling to pull Quar and his friend back to his home, he thinks in silence while keeping an ear out for anything that may pose as a threat.
Quar quiets down and allows himself to be dragged to wherever Hryssar was going to. Screening his head back to see the two small children, he speaks silently to them. “ I know what has happened to your village. The smoke was visible from my home and lands far from there as well. It is a shame that you have to be the only ones left in your entire village that can actually do something to help the captured. The beasts that attacked you was none else but the Charam (Char-Rom).
Quar, mad at how he was reminded about how the village he once lived in is told almost as a pity responds. “ Well then Hryssar, tell me why you mock my village and why you are allied with the so called Charam.”
“Allies! Allied with the Charam is the lowest thing my race can do. It is heresy. Your village however I did not mock, but made a general statement. If the clan elders see you fit, and with luck, you will be able to see what is left of your village.” Hryssar continues to pull the two children along for several minutes before seeing the sun’s golden and red head glisten over the lake and through the trees. “The sunrise is always warming to the soul.”
Gratin, who finally woke up after being knocked out from fear stares at the sunrise, but only for a moment then it becomes blinding.
“You two, look down into the charred lands. This was your home, so unless if you want to be beat to death then I suggest that you follow me and let the clan elders decide your fate. I hope for your sake that the elders are gracious enough to let you live with only a few scratches of course.” Hryssar cracks a smirk at the mere image of the two kids he was ordering around to be against one of his own.
“ What is that smile for, do you think that we are just going to let you take us, then beat us until we are useless and then kill us?”
“Now that would just be a waste now wouldn’t it? Why kill you when I could sell you and not have to hunt for a week? “
A while of yelling in an ever deepening woods fades slowly to silence, Hryssar slowly broke down the will of the two boys. The sun became darker and darker as the trees became ever thicker until a large mountainous cavern. The smell of burnt flesh mixed with kerosene loomed into each breath of foul air.
“You two, I have been holding back my honor and I shouldn’t have. Even for those I have captured they at least deserve to know the name of the one who has them bounded. My name is Hryssar, Hryssar Scarlet.” Each footstep is like another heartbeat, one…after…another, in an endless and constant pace. Several steps pass that turned into several meters, and those meters turned into a few miles. The Sun gave her last kiss of light and warmth and the moon creped in to soak up the warmth, but gave a silver glow of happiness. Quar and Gratin nearly fell asleep on numerous occasions but a claw dug its way into flesh to send a clear message to wake up or you never will be able to wake up again.
“If I cant sleep, then neither of you two can. But surprisingly you two have been the easiest ones to bring back.” Hryysar dropped the boys and used the shirts of the boys to link them together. He grabbed them and pulled it in. “You two are on your honor, I will give you a quick layout of what you two are going to do, and what will happen to you. When we enter the cave, you will be taken to a few guards, they are quite violent so guard yourself. There will be a few others to as you would say scope you out.”

“What? There is no need for that, if you are going to kill us then don’t waste your time in doing it.” Gratin shouted out, pulling against his bonds.

“Why? Why I do this is to help you.” Hryssar lifted his arm out, and showed his claws, ready to slash. “Stop tempting me, I am doing this for you. Now listen.” He lowered his arm. “So now when you are scoped out, you will be in the dungeon for a night. Then in the morning, avoid the food they give you. Even if you are hungry, that’s the first test. Then you will be tested on you will, persevere the poison and take the sickly green vial. That is the antidote even though it looks like the poison they gave you. Then the test of strength, if you two strike true, then you will pass.”

“Why did you tell us this, and you better not lie, if we make it past then we will kill you. Right Quar?”
“You know it. Why would you want to help us?”

“Not all of us are cruel. This has been my peoples culture for centuries and It is a ritual. I grew up with a dad as one of the torturers so I would know. But lately, there has been civil wars going on and the only way I can get out is by getting two prisoners back and then I can choose my destiny. I have no parents now, and my race can only have one child per family. Succeed and I will be sure to accompany you.” Hryssar looked around a corner. “Act as you are prisoners without a will to live.”

“We are.”

“Oh, right. Look for a yellow and red robe above the opposite gate, I will give you advise if you need it.” Hryssar waved a motioning sign to himself. A small group of guards ran out and took Quar and Gratin. “These two, place them through the trails. They should be interesting to watch. She does get hungry for human flesh.” Hryssar motioned for the boys to go to the other feline figures. He left, looking back at a closing door.

“So, where were you when Hryssar got to you?” The large feline poked at the two boys with his spear. “Welcome to the dungeon, hope you enjoy bones, and insects.” The feline laughed as the metal gate closed.

Quar spoke to Gratin after the guard left. “Sorry about this Gratin, I never expected any of this to happen to us. I was really hoping for us to just to go out and enjoy the good life, just relax by the water. So much for that.” Quar punched the ground a few times. He yelped out as the pain surged through him. “Now we just pray, and try to sleep. Hryssar has been correct so far. What was next to watch out for.?”

“It was the food and drink to not eat. We have to avoid eating until we leave. We have to work together on this.” Gratin looked past the gate, eyes growing heavy despite the recent slumber he just had. He looked over at Quar, he wasn’t looking too good. Tired but unable to forgive himself for such a bad situation he was in at the moment.

((I have a while before I actually have to write this. I start my creative writing class in about 10 weeks. Just get this up. Just have to figure out how to carry out a battle and make it good. I have some problems with this and it was mainly done with no RPA prowess. Any help or suggestions, heck even anything will be appreciated. Thanks. ~Spirits Breath~))