PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda Universe The Rise Of Dark Link rated {NC-17}

Dea m Smith
01-22-2011, 12:18 AM
This Role play is rated Pg=17
No children under 17 admitted

for
Blood fighting fool words and some nude.

CHARACTER RULES

01. Your characters must be approved before you can play as them. You cannot simply grab a character and expect to start posting in the threads. We have a single cohesive canon-- that means all of the characters' histories make sense with one another within the worlds of the Legend of Zelda series. To submit a character, post a new thread in the Character Profiles forum with the character's name as the title. The staff will then review it, and, if deemed necessary, request edits. Even the best characters may be asked to make one or two small tweaks to meet the criteria of the staff. We do not usually simply 'reject' characters unless they are either excruciatingly bad or entirely incoherent with the Legend of Zelda universe. Once your character is actually accepted then they will be moved to the list of accepted characters and marked with your username so that everyone knows who the creator of the character was.

2. Dont Copy others Dont go and copy others and still there work.

3. You can only play as entities that have been shown to exist in The Legend of Zelda. There are NO creatures which you just made up for the heck of it; EVERYTHING has to be based somewhere in the Legend of Zelda series. Please refer to the Playable Races guide for lists of playable and prohibited races.
NO western-style demons. Use the words “ghost,” “evil spirit,” or “monster” instead for evil creatures.
NO angels. Their place in Zelda mythology is non-existent and taken up by the Great Fairies and Oocca.
NO werewolves. Especially Twilight Princess ripoffs. Plus, we already have Wolfos, which are prohibited anyway. Even as pets.
NO traditional vampires. The closest you get is the Gomess from Stone Tower, an NPC that would require staff consent to use and was in any case slain many years ago.
NO male Gerudo.
NO Sheikah. However, your character may have up to 1/8 Sheikah blood.

4. Weapons, armor and accessories must be reasonable to the time frame of the board, and to the canon of The Legend of Zelda.
Absolutely NO folded steel and weapons of far eastern origin, especially katanas and their ilk.
NO guns, lasers, or things obviously out of place in the setting. The level of technological sophistication varies between Hyrule and Termina, with the latter being far more advanced. There, things such as cross-bows may be acceptable, but all technology is on a case by case basis.
NO legendary items. If only one has existed in the Legend of Zelda series, and it was found in some dungeon or temple, then chances are your character can't have it.
Unique weapons that are not composed of folded steel or bearing resemblance to the two above descriptors are allowed, as long as they are accompanied by a well thought-out history of how the weapon was created and why the character has it.

5. Be clear and precise in your explanations. We don't care if your ChuChu was magically enhanced, as long as it's abundantly clear that it was a Chu-Chu in the first place. We don't mind if that Hylian has been killed and returned as a Redead or Stalfos, as long as it's clear that they WERE Hylian and are NOW Redead or Stalfos.

6. Characters have to come from canon nations. It is alright to make up a small village on a mountain, but you cannot make up another nation. This is Zelda, and Nintendo has provided us with plenty of destinations in which our non-canon characters can come from. Coming up with a non-canon creation will not be accepted on character sign applications.

7. You may only apply for one character at a time. A single user account may have multiple characters registered; once the first character is approved then you may apply for more characters, up to a maximum of one application per week. Try to use discretion before applying and only create characters that you can comfortably handle.

8. Do not post incomplete characters. Your character will be deleted without warning, and you will be a sent a private message if it is incomplete.

APPLICATION RUNDOWN AND CRITERIA

Full Name: This is the full name of your character. Make it fitting for someone in Hyrule, Termina, or wherever they come from in the Zelda universe.

Other Name(s): If your character is more commonly known as something else, or has a nickname, state it here.

Age: How old your character is - in REGULAR years. This is important, as we try to fit the character's history to the setting. Even if it's a mystery to other characters, we still need to know so we can make sure there are no time discrepancies. For example, Ganondorf ruled Castle Town between 21 and 14 years ago, so a 17-year-old who was born in Castle Town makes no sense.

Gender: Where your character fits into the gender spectrum. Obviously, if you are a Goron or any other type of character without a gender, please tell us that here.

Race: The race or species of your character. Please refer to the Playable Races guide for lists of playable and prohibited races.

Occupation: What does your character do for a living? Everybody does something to earn their daily livelihood, no matter who or what they are. Your character might be a farmer or a merchant, a bartender or a shopkeeper, a healer or a hunter. You can't play as a king or deity, for obvious reasons. Just make it appropriate. A more 'normal' character is always appreciated.

We discourage the creation of mercenaries, thieves, assassins, and other cliché character classes. These characters tend to be one-dimensional and boring to roleplay with.

This is a fantasy roleplay based on a series of fantasy video games, so expect to see a lot of “Sword-for-hires” and “Wandering Adventurers.” You're welcome to play as them, but keep in mind that they don't really stand out from the crowd that well. A more interesting variety of character occupations is crucial to fun roleplaying here. Plus, even if you are a baker doesn't mean you can't participate in those action threads you like-- just think of how much you love stories where the unsuspecting everyman gets swept up by the call of adventure!

Appearance: What does your character look like? Are they a burly seven-foot Goron with thick arms and a pot belly, or a Thin waif of a Zoran maid with slender legs and head-tail? What clothes do they wear? Give us a reasonably detailed description, please. It may help to start from top to bottom . Some of the things you can mention include:

Hair
Eyes
Height and weight
Facial features
Build
Expression / mood
Posture / poise
How he/she walks or carries him or herself
Clothes
Tattoos / piercings / body modifications

P.S. Don't give your characters scars without giving good explanations in the history of how they got them. They are very cliché. This section must be at least 100 words minimum to really be thorough; you may be asked to write more if the character warrants it.

Personality: This can be the most crucial aspect of the application and is often what other RPers look at first when deciding whether they want to RP with you and your character. What is your character like? How does your character behave? Some of the things you can mention include:

What tends to go through their mind?
How do they interact with others?
How do they react in specific situations, such as dangerous situations?
What are their likes and dislikes?
What goals or motivations do they have?
What do they believe in?
Do they have any mental problems?
What are their flaws?

You can tell us any of that and more here! Just remember we don't need every facet of your character's personality; that's not what we expect. What we want is a foundation, to know that you have a real character in mind and not merely a shell. This section must be at least 50 words minimum and include at least three personality traits. It is preferred if one of them is a flaw, or two of them conflict / are paradoxical, in order to create more character depth.

Weapons: What is your character armed with, if anything? A weapon is not essential, though highly recommended.

Equipment: Trinkets, empty bottles, charm braclets, lucky rupees. locks of hair, cookery books, masks... you get the idea. Whatever they've got, tell & describe here!

History: Every story has a beginning. And every character has a background, a birth, a childhood, a story of how they came to be where they are today. Some description of their background is needed, and the more detailed the better. If your character has special powers or a powerful weapon or item, please explain how they got it in the history. Also, please be aware of the site's setting-- ZRPG is currently 14 years after Ocarina of Time (meaning Ganondorf ruled Hyrule between 21 and 14 years ago) and 21 years after Majora's Mask. Obviously this means that your character did not experience the moon crisis last week and that your 30-year-old character has not lived in Hyrule Castle Town his entire life. We will be checking for time discrepancies like this, so just think things through. This section must be at least 300 words minimum, 600-1000 preferred. Depending on the character, you may be asked to write more.

RP Sample: Finally, we need a sample of your RP 'skills', an indication of how you intend to play this character. You may have some pivotal scene in their history you want to describe, or you might want to describe a standard day in their life. Or you might just want to have them relaxing after a hard day, or even just walking through the land of Hyrule and admiring the scenery. Also, we do not allow simple scripts of characters talking, there needs to be descriptive sentences in there as well. It is required to have at least six non-dialogue sentences in the RP sample, though the longer the better!

Optional: Just in case there's something you wish to describe about your character that isn't in the sheet, here are some optional sections you may add on.

Pets: If your character has any pets, describe them here! If you travel by horse that would apply here. NO WOLFOS!

Companions: This is mainly for people who want to add fairies (or other NPCs) to their adventure. Just tell us a bit about them. It would be a good rule to give us a name, appearance, personality, and how they found each other.

Family Descriptions: Who is your character related to? This list doesn't have to be complete, but parents and known siblings are usually the minimum needed.

Property: Does your character own any property? A house? A farm? Describe it here! Tell us where it is and what it looks like (or it’s function, like say if it was a bank or shop) to the best of your ability!

Magic/Talents: Does your character have any particular talents? Perhaps they are magic users? If it’s a talent please describe it, if it’s magic give us a name for each spell and describe what the spells do and how much they take out of your character. Please keep the spells Zelda appropriate. This isn’t Final Fantasy.

STANDARDS FOR APPROVAL

Do not create overpowered characters. Keep things reasonable. We don’t need prodigies kicking Darunia’s rock hard buttocks at the age of ten, or evil minstrels freezing all of Kakariko.

Be realistic. Yes, this is Zelda, and there are a lot of strange and wondrous things; Hyrule isn’t Earth. However, use your common sense. If your character is a walking fish, chances are they can’t handle extreme temperatures.

You are not the hero. You are one of many. You are an ordinary hero.

Full Name:

Other Name(s):

Race:

Appearance:

Personality:

Weapons:

Equipment:

History:

RP Sample:

Pets:

Companions:

Family Description:

Property:

Magic/Talents:

if you do ot know what the race is then go here
Zelda Wikie (http://www.zeldawiki.org/Main_Page)

Blin (Moblin, Bokoblin, Bulbin, Miniblin)
Deku Scrub
Fairy (Guardian fairies only)
Gerudo (Female only)
Goron
Hylian
Human
Kokiri
'Lfos (Aeralfos, Lizalfos, Dinolfos, and Dynalfos)
Minish
Oocca
Subrosian
Tokay
Yeti
Zora
Zuna

Dark dont have much of a past so heres a small story of his life after his lost at the water temple

I remained there, holding my head beneath the tree in this eternal room of suffering. I was created to kill my brother. Is that all I'd ever be good for? Killing?... Will i ever be able to control this darkness or would it control me forever more?... Seeing the life being removed from another..... That Zora helped me and i killed him. its my fault he is dead.... its because i lost control. Thoughts of death ran through my head over and over.. Would i ever be able to contain my darkness? I'm dangerous... Very Dangerous.......

At that time I decided that I had to do something. Maybe if I got out more and got around normal people a bit more id be able to control myself. Maybe if i stopped being in these rooms, all alone, then maybe I could be normal too. I stood up and started walking out of the temple, being attacked by few monsters, but those that did met a quick end. They were monsters afterall, minions of Gannondorf. I was doing them a favor by ending their existance. My brother would have done the same thing. Right? I reached the exit of the temple and dove into the water, when I surfaced again I was back to the little island. I climbed onto the island and walked across the bridge.... To a Free Land

There was a house at the end of the bridge. I walked up to the house and looked in through a window. There was an old man inside the house and he looked like he was experimenting. "Heh people are crazy." I thought as i walked by the house. What could he be doing though? Now i was curious, but should i go talk to him or just leave him alone? I couldn't help myself. I knocked on his door.

"Who is it?" the old man said. i replied with a laugh and, "Just a curious visitor." I then saw the man look through his window and right at me. He looked shocked, "No one is here! Go away!"

Either this old man was crazy or just didn't want me around... "Ah if no one is home then whom am i speaking to?" the old man replied. "I am a ghost. no better yet a figment of your imagination!" in an ominous and yet frightened voice. "WoooOOooo leave this place at once."

This guy must be crazy. He had to be. I couldn't help but laugh. "Are you serious old man?"........ "Well no im not. Please go away. What do you want from me? Link told me of you, his doppleganger. I have nothing you want and just seeing you nearly gives me a heart attack so GO AWAY!"

I really wanted to just kick the door open, but instead I just sighed. This isn't good. How can I ever live a normal life with people constantly afraid of me? Whatever.... I walked away and started heading away from the lake.

After walking for a while, I came to a fork in the road. To my right was what seemed to me like a peaceful village, but straight was a busy looking area. There were a lot of people and also i saw a large and grand temple there, along with a castle. Is that where Zelda lived? Well I was about to find out. I walked into the area and was immediately stopped by two guards.

"Woah there you're not coming in." one of them said. I glared at him, "And whys that!" The other stated, "Becuase your not welcome here. Thats why!"

My eyes began to redden again and I reached for my blade and then stopped..... no, not again. I'll leave, for now. I began to walk away. I looked around and saw a ranch. I was feeling pretty tired and i walked into the ranch, careful not to be seen. I found a bunch of Hay and just fell asleep there.....

When I awoke there was an orange-haired woman standing near me, looking right at me. I jumped up quickly and a blanket fell off of me. I looked down and picked it up and then looked at the woman. "Umm is this yours?" She smiled and said, "Yes but you looked cold." I looked down at it, then back up at her, "You're not afraid of me?" she laughed. "Why would I be? I've seen you do no wrong yet. Plus you look a lot like link." she laughed and then started doing some work, while singing. She was great at singing. It was nearly enchanting. It was weird to have someone actually be nice to me. For some reason i just felt like i had to leave. I backed up and disappeared through a shadow.

I reappeared near the Gate into the city, where the guards had stopped me before. I looked up at the sky. It was dark out now, the moon and the stars being the only things that made the night sky glow. I thought, "Darkness.... can one truely classify all darkness as evil? that's ignorant." I looked and saw the gates closing. I ran towards the gates quickly and jumped on just as they were closing... i was inside finally Free

==============================
Now That Dark Link Is free from his holder powers he has a body of his own and a will of his own and he os seeking something you quest starts now will you Become the next hero or will Dark Link Over power you?

1. Dark Link = Played by = dea M Smith

Lord Xarel
01-22-2011, 12:32 AM
Dea M Smith, not to sound picky, but are you incorporating the split-timeline here? I mean, the developers clearly state that there is one, so I'm just curious and confused from your description.

Dea m Smith
01-22-2011, 12:33 AM
what do you mean?

Dea m Smith
01-22-2011, 12:37 AM
okay never mind i fixed it , this Role play was on my site and at the time i didn't want it to get it shut down. so dont worry about it :D

Lord Xarel
01-22-2011, 12:41 AM
Okay... Where did you fix it?

Dea m Smith
01-22-2011, 12:43 AM
it was rule #2. :D anything elas jsut dont worry about it it's 2 year old rules. lol

Lord Xarel
01-22-2011, 12:53 AM
The split-timeline of the Legend of Zelda series is what I'm talking about. Is that incorporated in this RP?

Dea m Smith
01-22-2011, 12:56 AM
oh you mean the hole Universe yes. it is a part just think of it as taking place after twilight princess. So there. :D

Lord Xarel
01-22-2011, 01:03 AM
Oh. Okay.

Just wanted to clear that up. Sounds interesting, but I'm still not sure about joining, since I'm in other RPs and working on the development of one. I'll post back when I know if I can or can't.

Dea m Smith
01-22-2011, 01:06 AM
sure. I dont mind. :D i only put it here for i just want my old role plays to get some life.

Damonique
01-22-2011, 04:02 AM
Still not sure what our characters are supposed to...you know...like, DO? If you give me a decent explanation and I do decide to join, I want to be a Goron.

Dea m Smith
01-22-2011, 04:06 AM
It takes place after twilight princess So more less we need a new Evil or a old one coming back but it's about Dark Link Finally gets free. more a less it's about new heros coming to the ad of of the hero Link. more or less do you have what it takes to stand next to link?

oh by the way love the avatar photo you have :D