PDA

View Full Version : Of Cookies And Chloroform{IC}

AriesChan
01-27-2011, 09:47 PM
**Two Weeks Ago**

Kyari idly cleaned off the countertop as she stared out the large glass windows of Amai Yume(sweet dreams), the cafe she and her friends worked at. It was empty again, like it had been for the last month or two. There wasn't a customer for miles that wanted to eat there anymore, it almost made her feel like she was loosing a special part of her. It all started when this mega cafe opened down the street, she couldn't remember the name of it but apparently it had everything; great food, wicked service, even had a karaoke night! She pondered what she and her friends could do to boost their appeal as she wiped over the register but nothing came to mind.

She was brought from her thoughts when she heard the sound of chairs moving across the floor and for a moment she thought it was a customer and was a bit excited....but then she noticed it was just two of her friends and coworkers.

"You know! I've been inside of that new place..and you want to know what they have that we don't?!" Said one of them, Kyari and the other one just shook their heads, "Super hot guys! I mean..they are seriously out of this world! That's it! Kagami is always talking about that...whatever it is she's building...I think it's time we used it! To bring super amazing hot guys here. And make them work for us!"

**Two Weeks Later**

It was just a joke! Kyari would have never guessed that her friend's idea would ever work but here she was taking the order of a group of preteen girls. Unfortunately, most of the customers now were girls between the ages of 13-18 but they were customers and well paying ones also! Which is a plus considering the owner is on the brink of loosing the cafe thanks to those months without any business.

They probably paid more to look at the new waiters the girls had forc-- hired to work at the cafe than to eat. Kyari couldn't really blame them, the three were....well she really couldn't think of words to describe them without blushing...but the amazing thing was that Kagami's machine had worked and they were actually able to go to different worlds and kidn-- ask them to come work with them.

(oki..that should be a good set up for anyone to jump in)

Dea m Smith
01-27-2011, 09:59 PM
It only had been about Two weeks since Dea had come to this new world oh in other words kidnap. But after sometime here at Amai Yume(sweet dreams), and listening to the girls story Dea was unable to do anything But help out as he put on the outfit that was made for him at the cafe and was now working. all eyes on him since he was the first Male they had taken from a other world as he work from things like casher and waiter. It seem like this was better then going to school. he had a paying job that was from a other word but he didn't mind help. they didn't have to knock him out if they just ask him to. That’s right They knock him out with some sleeping gas.

Amai Yume(sweet dreams) Had some good food and cakes but it seems like that the only thing the people came from was him in they eyes he was eye candy and he didn't mind as long as they pay for what they are getting. But he felt like the owners of the shop had more plane for what was going to happen soon.

Mattie2009
01-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Lucas was sat on a chair by the far wall, drawing in his most recent book. His drawings had been jagged and rough for the past few days. His eyes only moved from the notebook when a customer walked in, and even then only for a second or two. After a while, he stopped and looked at Kyari, before turning to the next page in the notebook and resumed the drawing. He was still livid at the girls for the kidnapping, even if he didn't show it outwardly. The customers gazes seemed to simply bounce off him, so he didn't particularly mind that so much. Even though he didn't have the most imposing or muscular figure, he still held a certain air about him that seemed to hold respect.

Lucas grimaced behind the notebook. He had a horrible sinking feeling that his most important contribution to the world would be being part of the centerpiece of a struggling cafe.

Lemon Poppyseed
01-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Five days.

He had only been here for five days, but Jaxon was sure that if there was a hell, it definitely had to be this.

For the nineteen years he had spent in Pyroth, he had been sure that hell was there, amongst the heat and bitter wasteland that had enveloped him for so long – such a life there, he figured, was inescapable, and like a good patron of hell, he had made his home there and never thought of leaving there, not one. Not once! And then suddenly – he couldn’t even remember how it had all happened – but he was plucked from his home and dropped off here, in this world of giggling girls, deplorable desserts and obnoxiously bright neon lights. And there was no going back.

Jaxon stood over a table, where two girls were giggling and blushing at him, pencil and pad in his hand, attempting to take their order, but failing. Although he had been in this world for five days – five damnable days – today was the first he had decided to start actually “working” here. He figured it was best to do something while he was here, since sloth was the root of all evil, but Christ, these girls were just impossible to talk to. Every time he asked for their order, they’d start laughing, blushing or stammering – it was impossible to get a word out of them.

“Your order,” he demanded, gritting his teeth. The girls, for some reason, found his anger endearing, and started whispering to themselves, obviously talking about him. Having had enough of this, Jaxon slammed his hand down on the table, bringing himself to their eye-level, taking deep breaths in an attempt to keep himself.

“Look, is it so hard to place a damn order? Just pick a frickin’ cupcake and order it already! This isn’t rocket science, Christ!”

Instead of making some progress, one of the girls fainted, apparently unused to having a boy so close to her.

Jaxon took a step back, threw his hands up in the air and walked away. He had it with this place.

AriesChan
01-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Kyari blinked as she heard yelling from across the room and was less than surprised when she saw it was Jax. Apparently it had been a hassle to get him, his world was apparently the equivalent of Mars, only...hotter...and dustier...A world literally engulfed in flames. Or at least that was what she heard, but then again she had eccentric friends. She had refused to go, it just didn't seem right to her. I mean, how would they feel if they were drugged with chloroform, stuffed into a body bag, and woke up in some random place with five faces looking down at them? She doubted her friends would like it at all but back to Jax.

His personality was like a flame, she knew that much. He had nearly gone berserk when he woke up here, luckily no one was killed but she wouldn't put it pass him. She looked around to see if any of her friends were going to go and address him and gulped some when she saw they were all busy with orders. She took a deep breath before going over to him.

'He's just a person...he's just a person...' She repeated in her mind before tapping Jax on the shoulder lightly, "U-umm...Jax...do you think you could be a bit...nicer?" She asked, her voice soft and cracking some as she forced out words.

Dea m Smith
01-28-2011, 01:49 AM
Dea watch from the casher seat and thank the goddess that he was not taking orders. But then again he would have done it if they asked him too. As Dea watch a few people came over to pay the bill as he smiled and took the money and gave back some as he told them "Thank you for coming We look forward to severing you again. Do come again." He said with a light bow to them and smiled. Dea had this air about him that made anyone be nice and in retune he will to, As he looked at the cakes in the window and sighed a bit. Then went back to work with a smile. As he watch Jaxon and hopped that he wouldn't be anymore then a nice guy then the day he meet him.

Lemon Poppyseed
01-28-2011, 01:51 AM
How the hell was he gonna get out of here?

Maybe later he could make a break for it. He wasn’t sure how he’d do it, or even how he’d navigate this strange planet, but damnit, he was Jaxon Devereux, and he was capable of damn near anything.

He was lost in a daydream – of a day that would never come when he’d finally be free from this technicolor prison – when suddenly, he felt a tap on his shoulder. He quickly spun around, and was about to tell whatever girl had come up to him to watch his personal space, but after seeing it was Kyari, he decided to hold his tongue, just this once. She was always so shy and mild-mannered – it was a strange behavior to him. Girls on his planet were fierce and aggressive, at best.

At least she didn’t faint at the sight of him though – that was a relief. She did, however, offer him some strange advice, asking for him to be nicer. For a moment, Jax was silent, trying to figure out what she could possibly mean. Be nicer as in… not yell at the customers?! That was a ludicrous idea, so ridiculous that he could barely understand it.

“Be… nicer?” The words were almost foreign on his tongue. His mind seemed almost blown by the concept, as if it were impossible for him to grasp the idea that someone could just change their personality to suit an occasion. “Even if I could do that… why the hell would I want to? Those girls are just frickin’ repulsive – they deserve all the vitriol they get.” He sighed, placing a hand on his hip, his other hand still clutching onto the paper and pad he had tried to use to take orders.

His eyes lit up, however, an idea forming in his head. “Hey,” he asked, smirking, while tilting his head to the side. “If I be… ‘nicer,’ as you put it, would you let me go home?” Jax wasn’t particularly sure who the brain of the outfit was, but she had to know, didn’t she? And his idea was bogus, he knew, but it didn’t hurt to ask.

AriesChan
01-28-2011, 02:18 AM
"Uh..I-I-I-I-I-I..." Oh why did he have to smirk like that! Her body had completely tensed up and she felt like she was going through cardiac arrest; in her head she continued to repeat that he was just a person but the words did no comfort. Luckily, this fit only lasted five minutes tops. She brought her tray up to her face to hide the blush was that quickly taking over.

"I...don't know. I...imagine it would help. The nicer you are...the more customers we'd get. It would take a shorter time to get the cafe back together..." She answered, lowering the tray only slightly to peek a him.

Dea m Smith
01-28-2011, 02:40 AM
Dea walked over to the two and smiled "It's nice to see you two working but everyone's watch. Take it to the back you. Or we can get back to work and Dear Jaxon Do be nice to everyone." Dea said with a smile and went back to what he was doing as he smiled and did his work. It was only then he was able to go and get some rest after he was done and went on break as he read a book about this world and wonder what was pas the neon lights and cakes as he looked at a photo book of places around the world that looked like nice to go to.

AriesChan
01-28-2011, 03:00 AM
Yumiko came from the back ,as bubbly as ever, she was humming some song she had just heard on the radio that morning as she carried a tray of sandwiches over to her table, "Morning my lovelies~" She practically shouted as she waved to one side of the room and then to the other. She then sighed some with a light pout. There were way too many teenage girls here for her liking. Was she not sexy enough to bring in male customers?! She huffed some before her usual smile returned and she placed the sandwiches in front of her customers.

"There you all! Please enjoy! Oh and tell some males to stop by every once in a while, I'm SURE one of you have an older brother, a school friend, something!" She said before rambling a bit. The two girls just nodded and smiled at her, too confused about the whole thing to really comment. They started to eat and glanced at Yumiko a bit nervously, "Alright! Thanks! Enjoy~" She sung before turning around and heading back to the kitchen. She stopped though when she saw Jax and Kyari talking and was next to them before someone could blink.

"Hmmmm?! What's going on here? Is Jax being a meanikins again?!" Yumiko asked before poking Jax's arm twice. "Be. Nice.Mister!" she said, giving three extra pokes for each word, she then disappeared before he could fling her across the cafe.

Lemon Poppyseed
01-28-2011, 03:08 AM
“So customers like it when you’re nice to them, huh…” he mumbled, pondering on Kyari’s statement, scratching the back of his head. “They should be grateful that I’m serving their food at all! Or even giving them food! Back on my planet…” He began, but decided not to go into detail. She and the rest of these kidnappers probably didn’t give a damn how things worked back at his home. But, back in Pyroth, they really didn’t have anything as strange as a restaurant. You hunted and killed your own food with your bare hands, or you didn’t eat at all.

He was still trying to wrap his head around this concept, when Dea strolled over to both of them, suggesting that they should perhaps take their conversation to the back of the room or get back to work. He was completely nice about it though, which was yet another personality trait that Jax couldn’t wrap his head around. Back home, he’d be beaten for not taking care of his chores – hunting, gathering water – so why be so happy-smiley about it? Despite his kindness, Jax grit his teeth, furrowing his brows. “Sure, I’ll go back to work,” he muttered sarcastically, “I’ll go back to work whenever I bloody well want.”

How was he even going to do that? He was horrible at this sort of thing. Give him a deer, he’d shoot it dead. Give him a bear, he’d skin it clean for its fur. Give him a café – he’d think about the most efficient way to burn it down.

Before he could even go back to work, Yumiko came strolling over to him, poked him thrice in the arm, and told him to be nice (and called him a ‘meanikins’) and then disappeared. His eyes widened at the thought that someone would have the audacity to poke him – and instantly went into his defensive mode, dropping his pad and pencil on the floor while making a grab for her, but she had disappeared from sight before he could even attack.

“The hell did you go?!” he yelled, making customers stop and stare at him as he fumed, pacing in circles. “Poking me? Seriously?! How juvenile can you get?!”

Maybe she was in the back? Temporarily forgetting about his conversation with Kyari and completely obsessed with getting revenge, Jax retreated to the back of the store, looking to lay a serious hurt on the one who had just disgraced him.

Dea m Smith
01-28-2011, 03:14 AM
Dea found a nice spot in the back room were no one can find him. As he started to sit back he was able to go into a nice nap and was thinking about Luan a female demon girl he was dating. She was a hot devil Girl. with blue hair and a hot body. As he was napping thinking about her he was thinking that this should become a part of his own little home away from home as he made sure that the girls or the others as he open and closed hie eyes every other time to make sure no one was coming back here and he was not seen by the others.

AriesChan
01-28-2011, 03:25 AM
"Umm...Jax..!" Kyari sighed some as she watched Jax storm off after Yumiko; she should have known better not to touch him! She bit her lip some as worry started to consume her but figured she couldn't do much but freeze up and stutter. A weak sigh escaped her lips as she went back to work.

Yumiko hummed and swung her hips to the disco in her head as she made her way into the kitchen, "We're gunna bake some cakes! We're gunna bake some cakes! And then we're gunna give 'em to the people!" She sung to herself as she went over and grabbed some cakes that the baker had just finished. She went back up front and placed them in the glass display before heading to the storage room.

She noticed Dea on the floor and tsked some before grabbing some ingredients to take back to the kitchen. Now that she had to do more than just take orders, she was realizing how big the cafe was and how many compartments it had. The kitchen, the storage room, the owner's office, the upstairs, the basement(which was were the 'super secret machine-thing', as she called it, was). She wouldn't be surprised if she just stepped into a black hole one day. She huffed some as she picked up the box and then turned to go out the door.

Dea m Smith
01-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Dea woke up knowing that his time was up and he then he saw it a walk way that lead to a peep hole into the girls main locker room. He didn't like to do this but he can black mail them and be able to get home. a few photos of them and he was able to go home. But then again Dea didn't like to do that so he was just going to look and see what happens. As he found a better place to sleep and watch some fun things. it seems like the small hole was in a good spot not to be seen and things was going to get a lot more fun around here.

Lemon Poppyseed
01-28-2011, 03:51 AM
Okay, where the hell did that crazy chick go?

He had made his way to the back of the café; it was surprisingly darker back here than he would’ve thought. Boxes and crates of… stuff were piled sky high – god, it was an unorganized mess. The tidy, OCD part of Jax made him want to stop and sort everything out, but – wait, why did he care? This café was a prison, a container that kept him from his homeworld – he really couldn’t care less about the state it was in. Hell, he just came back here to find Yumiko… where was she, anyway? Hiding, probably, knowing that the wrath of Jaxon Devereux was coming for her.

Okay, maybe that was taking things too far… But he was still ticked, damnit!

Revenge was fine and dandy, but he still couldn’t find her anywhere. He cupped his hands together, and in his hands he yelled, “YUMIKO! WHERE THE HELL ARE YA?!” His yell echoed through the storage room, and maybe even to the front of the cafe, the fury of Jaxon Devereux permeating through the building. He scowled, deciding not to waste any more time with his search – after all, he felt slightly bad for kind of ditching Kyari at the front. Although, what the hell was he supposed to do at the front, take more orders? Hell no!

Well, it was better than standing around in the storage room.

He grudgingly returned to the front of the café, picked up his pad and pencil, and looked around, seeing no sign of Yumiko. It was a pity, but Jaxon was patient, he’d get his revenge sooner rather than later. In the meantime… how was he gonna take these orders? He was absolutely no good at it. Maybe he’d ask Dea? Hell no – he wasn’t even around. Maybe he’d ask Kyari? She wasn’t a total crazy like the others – but he wasn’t gonna just walk up to her and ask for help! That’d be weak! He was a man, he didn’t need to ask for help…

But he wasn’t good at this, damnit! Okay, maybe he’d ask for help, just this once…

“Kyari,” he asked suddenly, appearing right behind her without any hint or warning at all. “You wanted me to be… nicer, right?” God, this was downright pathetic of him – asking for help, of all things… “Well, maybe you should show me how to be nicer, or something, so I don’t scare all the damn customers away… Then maybe I can go home, for Christ's sake...”

Dea m Smith
01-28-2011, 04:32 AM
Dea came back out to the fount now it was tune to take orders and let Jaxon have his break as he smiled and told Jaxon to take his beak Dea smiled and took orders faster then Jaxon and it seems like more high school girls came in when it was Dea's time to take orders. As he came back and gave out the orders and smiled and just did everything he need to do. there was a few slaps to his ass from the girls but he played it off with a smile and then when it was time for the bill it will be over priced but they didn't need to know that.

AriesChan
01-28-2011, 04:37 AM
Kyari yelped, jumped, turned, possibly bashed Jax' head in with her tray, and then spent twenty minutes apologizing, "I'm so sorry! Really I am! You came from no where and I..um..yes, you should be nicer." she said as she returned back to normal. She propped her glasses up on her nose and stared at him slightly, "You're..alright...right?" She asked then hugged the god forsaken tray close to her chest..

"You..want me to teach you how to be nice?" She asked, once again changing the topic, a hint of surprise in her voice, "Well...you could lower your tone some, try to hold your temper, oh and smile! Customers like it when you smile." She nodded and smiled at him herself, "See?", she asked with a light, nervous giggle.

Yumiko huffed some as she struggled to get herself and the box through the door. The finally had male workers and not a one was around to help her?! She huffed again and blew some hair out of her face before doing some weird 'Yumi-Yoga' and finally escaping the door o' death! She did the best victory stance she could while holding onto the box before taking it to the kitchen.

"Keep up the good work~ bakers and bakets!" She said with a smile before heading out of the kitchen. She checked on her tables and made sure everything was swell before heading behind the register. She propped on the counter with her elbows and rested her chin in the palm of her hands as she looked through the crowd. It didn't take long for her to start daydreaming.

Dea m Smith
01-28-2011, 04:48 AM
Dea came over to Yumiko and slam his hand down to wake her from what she was dreaming about, "We need more Sun smile cakes." he told her with a smile and walked away as he went back to working and taking orders and walking around looking at everyone and taking his tips as he smiled and made everyone feel welcome. as he waited for Yumiko to fill that order that he had asked for and waiting as he looked at her form the door way. "how much longer are we going to have to wait?" He asked her.

Mattie2009
01-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Lucas sighed to himself before turning a page and writing something down. He tore the page out of the notebook and scrunched it into a loose ball. The thrown piece of paper gently bonked against Yumiko's head, landed on the counter. On it was two words, written in no-frills cursive. 'Wake Up.' It said. Lucas stood from the chair and walked over to a table. He turned to the first page of the notebook and showed it to the customers seated there.

'Welcome to Amai Yume.
May I take your order?'

The girls giggled excitedly, as if he was some kind of famous in this world. After a few minutes of waiting, Lucas eventually got an order out of them. He wrote their order into the notebook, tore it out and threw it across the room. A second ball of paper thunked against Yumiko. It almost felt like revenge.

Aslee
01-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Kagami ran fingers through her bright purple hair and sighed. Her hair was knotted, the grease stain on her nose just wouldn't leave, and she looked like a total idiot in this uniform.

Standing in the bathroom of the cafe, she wondered why any of it mattered all of a sudden. She hadn't cared a month ago, that was for sure. And now her own thoughts sounded like her romantically obsessed friends from high school... But she didn't really have to think about it very hard. The awnser was as plain as the grease on her nose. It was those stupid, make believe boys.

A blaze of pride ripped through her at the thought that they were actually here. It was , after all, her time and effort that had created the machine that had brought them here. It wasn't her idea, but she was lady behind the curtain, and she was just glad she could help save the cafe.

But did I really help? Was bringing them here the awnser? Kagami wasn't sure. But she had a bad feeling, like she did when she mixed the wrong chemicals together, and was about to have to rebuild her garage... again. These boys were too pretty for their own good. Half the girls were in love with Dea, Jax had yelled the poor things into submission, and Lucas... Well, Lucas was indescribable. In the 'Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins fused themselves together, dies their hair, and became anime characters' way.

Kagami pressed her hands to the sides of her face as a blush spread across her cheeks. Stop thinking about this... now. Your mission is to make sure everyone is doing alright, and all these stupid missions go well. They're here to save the cafe, not for you to ogle.

She lowered her arms and shook her head in disgust at her own fickle brain. Shoving her normal clothes in a duffel, and stowing that away above a losse tile in the ceiling, Kagami shot one last look at herself in the mirror. Oh, get over yourself, Kuroda.

Kagami stepped out of the bathroom, glasses falling down her nose. She peered over them at the dark hall. "Hello? You guys? Where are you?"

Dea m Smith
01-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Dea looked at the clock on the wall and smiled. "Closing time." He sang and went to the back and up into his room. There was a floor only for the boys and it had everyhting they need form there worlds. As he got into his night outfit and head to the little room he found with a peep hole and waited for the girls to come into. Dea was fighting him self about this but he missed his lover his pals and everyone elas even if he didn't show it as he wonder how long will have to stay. It was hard on him but he wonder about the others.

Lemon Poppyseed
01-28-2011, 10:00 PM
As soon as he had asked his question, Kyari yelped and jumped around, and nearly bashed him on the head with that damnable tray she always kept around with her. Of course, Jaxon had spent nineteen years in the harsh wasteland of Pyroth – his reflexes were ten times better than the average human – and thus, was able to get out of the way, but still, this one was dangerous! He made a mental note not to turn stealth mode on around her – otherwise, he’d probably get pulverized next time. Scratching the back of his head, Jaxon rolled his eyes, scoffing. “I’m fine, I’m fine,” he muttered. “Don’t worry about it – just be careful next time! Sheesh. You’d think I was the boogeyman or somethin’.”

At least she didn’t seem too opposed to teaching him how to be… nicer. Granted, he wasn’t exactly sure how to smile. In fact, this was probably the first time he’d even heard of that word! “Smile?” he echoed, tilting his head to the side, seeming genuinely confused. Smile – it was probably that thing she did, when she seemed a lot brighter than usual. How the hell was he supposed to smile? … People on his planet never did anything like that, they didn’t have a reason to. Still it was worth a shot, right?

Jax’s attempt at smiling was overdone, at best – it looked more like a slasher smile, the type a serial killer puts on right after he slits your throat. He turned to the nearest table and said, in a voice that was supposed to be serene, but sounded more sadistic than anything, “May I take your order?” The girls froze, their faces paralyzed with horror, before dropping their bookbags and hightailing it out of the Amai Yume. The plastic smile immediately dropped from his face.

He stormed over to the door, stuck his head out of it, and yelled, “Fine! Who needs ya?! Get your useless asses outta this goddamn cafe!” He slammed the door shut, causing the little bell hanging above it to jingle, obviously seething with rage.

Being punctual wasn’t something that meshed well with Momo’s jive. She strolled into Amai Dreams absolutely late, as usual, with her pet ball python Mortilla hanging around her neck. Yawning, she pushed open the shop’s front door, waving lazily with a sleepy smile on her face to the few friends she saw out front – Kyari and Yumiko. The place was looking a lot livelier ever since Kagami’s plan had actually been put into action – a plan that Momo still couldn’t believe had actually happened. It seemed surreal, that they had actually been able to travel to other worlds, and it was almost a pity that they couldn’t do it more often. Who knew what secrets lay out there, buried in the cosmos?

She ambled her way into the bathroom, her organic satchel bag slung over her shoulder, meaning to change into her uniform. Her auburn hair was a complete mess, and that needed a good brushing up too… And maybe she should apply some of that lemon perfume she’d made a few days ago, for extra measure? Now that they were hanging around actual boys, logic stated that Momo should be caring more about her appearance, after all. After a few moments of searching for the bathroom (she was bad at remembering where things were as soon as she’d rolled out of bed) she saw Kagami in the hallway.

“Merry meet, Kagami!” Momo greeted, waving to her friend. “You look a little lost, my friend – are you alright? Perhaps there is something that troubles you?” As if to agree with Momo’s question, Mortilla who sat peacefully round Momo’s neck, rose her scaly head and tilted it to the side, as if to inquire upon Kagami’s wellbeing.

AriesChan
01-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Yumiko whined some after jumping up from the sound made from Dea slapping the counter. To make matters worst, she was repeatedly assulted with paper balls which no doubt belonged to Lucas. She stuck her tongue out in both of their directions before rubbing her eyes and going to get the orders together.

She yawned again as she brought the cakes from the back and started over to the table they were for; however, she had to jump back and brace herself as she was almost trampled by two girls who were in quite the hurry to get as far away as possible from the cafe. She tilted her head and pondered why but when she saw Jax yell out the door only seconds later, she just clicked her tongue and shook her head.

"Always gunna be a meanikins.." She muttered before taking the cakes to the table and smiling sweetly, "Please don't mind the maniac, he's only here temporarily! Enjoy!" she then turned on her heel and walked back to the counter, the group at the table just sweatdropped some before eating.

"MOMO DARLING~" Yumiko shouted as she waved back to her friend before once again starting to nod off.

"Uh..no, that's all wrong!" Kyari said as she walked over to Jax and pulled him away from the door, "You are going to scare away the others..." She said softly as she shook her head, "Let's skip the smile." She muttered before walking away and going to clean off a table. She heard the bell to the door ring again and feared Jax was going off again but smiled some as she saw it was Momo.

"Hi, Mo-..oh.." Kyari turned away from Momo and went back to cleaning, a bit nervously. She had brought her snake again. Kyari hated snakes. Well not hate...more like...she was petrified of them. She didn't mind having a friend that had a pet snake though, as long as she was far far away and never looked at it directly....she wouldn't pass out with fear.

Dea m Smith
01-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Dea got tired of waiting as he started to sleep in the tight area. But it was going to be worth it as he had a small cam and was ready to go home. But he was not sure. Always fighting with him self about doing the right thing. He thought he had heard something But that was the Bell from the shops door and it seem like someone slam the door. Knowing who it was Dea sighed a bit and went back to his little nape. As he had the cam set up to start when someone come into the locker room. As he hope to get they main girl into the room then he can get home.

Aslee
01-28-2011, 11:54 PM
"Merry meet, Momo," Kagami said, a smile lighting up her face. Grateful for the coversation, she walked through the crowds trying to get at the boys to the re-head. She scratched Mortilla's head with a gentle finger. Though the girls both had very diffrent personalities, Kagami considered Momo a friend. As long as she doesn't try to shove more of that 'fortune' stuff in my head, we'll all be find. I mean, it just isn't logical!

Kagami heaved a sigh and looked around the cafe. Yumiko was putting up with Lucas's paper balls, Dea was going rather insane with the closing time approaching, and Jax... Well, Jax was being Jax, and poor little Kyari wasn't dealing very well. "I suppose my problem would have to be these boys. They're disrupting... What would you call it?"

I suppose Momo here would call it 'chi' or something, but that doesn't seem quite right. Suddenly, Kagami had the awnser... she just wasn't sure whether she understood it or not. "They're causing unwanted stimuli, and it causing my synapses to overwork, thus causing every other scientific thoughts to simply fly out my ears."

Kagami's hand slipped under her glasses and rubbed at her eyes. "And I have a strange feeling that this will not end well." She looked back at Momo tiredly. "So... how was your day?"

Dea m Smith
01-29-2011, 12:32 AM
Dea came out of his hiding spot. After some Time. His leg starting to get a shape pain and he didn't like it as he head back to his room. It was plane and didn't have a window. A small light and a few books. As he laid down in an over size Bed And sighed as to wonder what he was going to do. Dea wasn't meant to be here or black mail others But then again the girls did kidnap him so it was only right as he went and fallen to sleep. not wanting to do anymore work as he just laid there with his eyes closed. As Dea tried to sleep he was thinking about one of the girls but didn't for to long.

Lemon Poppyseed
01-29-2011, 10:50 PM
He just wasn’t built to cater to other people.

On Pyroth, they would never have anything as ludicrous as this! Anyone who had the audacity to ask another for food would be banished – you learned to fight and feed yourself, and if you didn’t, you died. It was simple. Now, they wanted Jax to ask these giggly girls what they wanted to eat, and then give it to them?! As if they couldn’t just get it themselves… Besides, these cookies and cupcakes barely even counted as food – why would anyone want to eat something that was loaded with so much sugar and frosting?

Kyari pulled him away from the door, which was probably for the best, because he was considering going after the girls and exacting some revenge. “No, it’s not wrong – they’re the ones who’re wrong! The hell do they think they are, running away like a bunch of petrified rabbits?! I just…!” He was boiling mad, but he didn’t want to take it out in Kyari – at least she had been trying to help. “I’ll skip the smile. I’ll skip everything! I’m done!” He stormed off to the back of the café, to the storage room, hoping to cool off by being alone.

No one was back here, just a bunch of unpacked boxes and crates. He sat on one of them and leaned back against the wall, looking up at the ceiling. This is useless, he fumed. I’m never going home, am I?

So Kagami’s problem stemmed from the boys? It made sense – after all, they weren’t supposed to be here in the first place. Momo ran her fingers through her auburn hair, nodding as Kagami’s spoke. “The boys – they are disrupting the peaceful balance the universe previous held. Before, all worlds were unconnected, and now, through your genius, it is possible for us to go to other worlds! But is this for the best, or will it cause catastrophe?” Momo’s voice seemed far off, and for a moment, she closed her eyes, as if trying to reach for the answers that she knew hung in front of her, but alas, none came.

“Even if it does not end well, my friend, at least we have taken action! Only time, as they say, will tell. In the meantime, it is no use worrying! You’ll get wrinkles before you turn twenty five!” Momo put her hands on her hips, mocking seriousness, when really, she was just kidding around. Mortilla bobbed her head up and down, as if to agree, and seemed to smile as Kagami scratched her head gently with a finger.

“My day was filled with a peaceful slumber – to be honest, I have roused myself from bed.” Momo shook her head, laughing slightly at her own lazily. “I should probably make up for my sloth with some work! The spirits despise those who waste away time, after all!”

Momo made her way back to the front of the café, waving back to Yumiko, who seemed to be asleep. She went over to her, and for laughs, Mortilla tapped her on the head twice, hoping to rouse her from her napping. “Awaken, you lazy bum! This is no time for closing your eyes!” Granted, things seemed a little slow in the café, so why not take a break? She made her way over to Kyari, who, as usual, seemed petrified of Tilla. “Greetings, Kyari! Do not fear Tilla, she would never bring harm to those whom I call my friends!” She elbowed her friend in jest, but knew that Tilla probably would never seem harmless to her. “Keep working hard!”

Back to taking orders, back to the bump and grind… To Momo, nothing really changed – except now, they had really good looking guys working for them. But to her, that’s all they were, good looking guys. It would take a lot more than perfectly windswept hair and well-sculpted bodies to sweep this one off her feet.

Dea m Smith
01-29-2011, 11:27 PM
Dea came out of his room. he didn't know what time it was as he head down stars to get something to eat. As he only had on a pair of pj bottoms and slippers as he yawn a bit and rubbed his belly as he went and got something to eat as he heard the girls talking about something some portal thing as he wonder what it was as he follow and went to a room that he may have seen some time ago but he didn't know. it was like a part of him was missing and it was not good as he saw a door and try to open it only to find it lock as he started to kick it and try to open it with a sigh he was not going no where. As he left to look for a key and the girls room.

Mattie2009
01-29-2011, 11:46 PM
Lucas raised an eyebrow at Jax's outburst. While he was rarely the type to be concerned with other people, he made exceptions. Jax had the same problem that he had; They had both been kidnapped by well-meaning but misguided girls who didn't understand the concept of asking nicely. He slowly walked towards the storage area, unsure of whether Jax would assault him on the way in for disturbing him. He made his footsteps loud, so that it wouldn't be a secret that he had come in.

The problem with not speaking was that you couldn't simply ask whether people were there or not. It taught you to be thorough in your searching. It also prevented people from being able to trust you, since tone didn't pass through written words. Lucas tenatively looked through the storage room doorway, fully expecting Jax to be waiting by the door to attack him. He noticed Jax sitting on a box. Well, that's a relief. I think. He thought to himself. Best not to give him any more reasons to explode. He seemed quite provoked enough as it is.

AriesChan
01-29-2011, 11:55 PM
“Oh..I know...” Kyari said as she nodded her head, though she still refused to look in the direction of Momo and Tilla. Who knows, maybe one of these days she'll get over her free and even hug Tilla...or she'll continue to have an irreversible fear. She was sure one of these days Momo would have a 'vision' or something about it but for today...she'll just jump from table to table and wipe wipe away. As she picked up the napkin holder and wiped under it, she couldn't help but think about Jax... err....I mean she couldn't help but think if Jax was alright; he seemed angrier than usual (if that was even possible) and a bit distressed...then again he was just kidnapped from his homeland. She had to keep reminding herself that. There was also a small part of her that hoped he would get used to this place.

Yumiko nodded her head at the presence of her friend, she nodded it so much in fact her chin slipped from her palm and she ended up bobbing her head hard enough to wake herself up. She jumped some and looked around before shaking her head, “Alright....Alright I'm up!” She stretched and yawned some before walking off to do....something. The rest of the day went by slow and before they knew it it was in fact closing time. Yumiko was putting some chairs up on the tables when the phone had rung and she was the first one over to pick it up.

“Amai Yume...this is Yumiko, how may I be of service?” She sung into the phone before smiling brightly, “Oh! Mrs. Sayasawa! How are you? Yes we're doing great~ the new workers are fine, thanks for asking~”

“Um...Yumiko...I didn't ask you anything yet.” The older woman said with a light sigh. Mrs. Sayasawa was the cafe's owner but due to her husband's gambling debt she had to take a short absence and basically left the girls in charge (main reason why they can actually go on missions if you ask Yumiko). It's a shame really...if it wasn't for her husband than the cafe's bills may have been paid off by now...

“Oh! Well things are still going well~” Yumiko said. They talked for a few moments about the cafe and how she may be gone longer than expected. Yumiko only half listened, checking and cleaning her nails most of the time. Yumiko hung up the phone once Mrs. Sayasawa was finished and went back to putting up chairs....then something odd happened....

She sneezed!

Alright, so it was actually what happened AFTER she sneezed that was odd. There was this weird, high pitched noise like someone was holding a microphone up to a speaker; Yumiko screamed some before holding her hands to her ears. Then the lights started to flicker before going completely off and it felt like the cafe was shaking, “IT'S AN EARTHQUAKEEEE!!!” Yumiko shouted before attempted to duck under a table, “Ow!” She said as she ran into a table instead. After a few moments the noise stopped and the lights came back on.

Andrion blinked his eyes open slowly and stared up at the...ceiling? Since when was he inside...last he remembered he was hover boarding to the nearest store and then....”Ahh..” He groaned as he brought a clawed hand up to clutch the side of his head. The pain was incredible! He had to figure out where he was. Slowly he stood up and made his way over to the...stairs? He shook his head, he would ask questions once he found people. He looked around the room once and noticed this odd machine before heading upstairs and through the door.

He immediately hissed as his blue eyes were hit with a thousand and one bright neon lights. What sort of techno colored hell was this?! Another groan escaped his lips as he brought a hand up to cover his eyes. His left ear twitched as he heard a female gasp and he turned to see a girl around his age with bubble gum pink hair, 'Hmm...a bit much for my taste...but she's sort of cute...', he thought before going over to her.

“Excuse me, cutey, but do you by any chance know where I am? And...why it's so bright?” He asked, a slight smile forming on his lips as he looked down at her. Yumiko gulped some as she looked up at the god that had just walked out of the basement...but what was up with the ears....and tail?

“Ummmm....ummm..... oh! This is the Amai Yume cafe...and ummmmm....” For the first time in her life Yumiko was at a lost for words.

(oki......I couldn't resist. My next post will probably be a skip to the next day and hopefully that will allow all of us to start on the same page. I dont want anyone being left behind and if someone is then let me know and I will gladly do a time skip.)

Lemon Poppyseed
01-30-2011, 12:26 AM
Fire. He was going to set this whole goddamn place on fire.

All he needed to do was find a nearby active volcano. Then, there had to be a way to get it to erupt and direct the flow of lava to Amai Yume… Then, maybe the volcano could somehow… take him home? Goddamnit, it was a stupid plan and he knew it, but the thought of volcanoes and lava made him think of home. Never in a million years did he expect to miss his wasteland of a planet – but he’d definitely rather be there then here, where these kidnappers smiled in your face and expected you to just do whatever they said. Hell no! Not as long as he was breathing…

Footsteps echoed down the hall, and for some strange reason, Jaxon stayed seated, not bothering to get up and get in a position that would help him defend himself. Back in Pyroth, sitting around idly was suicide – the beasts and fiends that haunted that realm would eat you alive if you let one sneak up on you. But whoever was traversing down the hall didn’t mean him any harm – it wasn’t something he knew for sure, just something he could feel. He rolled his red eyes toward the door, hoping to god it wasn’t Yumiko, because he’d kill her if she poked him again – but no, it was … Lucas, he believed it was, the quiet one – the one whose anger lived in his eyes.

“You need somethin’?” Jax asked, tilting his head to the side. “Or just lookin’ for a sanctuary?”

Taking orders was a breeze… Staying calm through an earthquake, however, was not.

“The spirits are punishing us,” she muttered, ducking under a table, hugging Mortilla’s head close to her head. “We shouldn’t have done it – we shouldn’t have kidnapped them! Forgive us, o spirits, forgive us…!” Momo, who had never been through an earthquake before, bowed her head, muttering prayers to the spirits under her breath, stroking Tilla’s head to keep her calm. The quake, however, didn’t last very long, although half of the customers had high-tailed it out of the store, looking for refuge. Momo sighed, brushing her auburn hair back into place, ducking out from under the table.

But… what the hell, where had that god-like man come from? Even Yumiko was petrified by his greatness, lost for words! Momo found herself dreaming again, but shook her head and furrowed her brows, placing her hands on her hips. The nerve of this handsome man, to think he could just crash into their shop without a word, just because he was handsome?! If Yumiko wasn’t going to give him a piece of her mind, then Momo would!

“Excuse me, fellow traveler,” Momo started, her hands still on her hips, Mortilla still round her neck. “You have no right to just crash into our café without a word, no matter how good-looking you are! You have some nerve, you know!” She looked toward Yumiko, who was blushing harder than ever before. “And... are you casting spells on my friend? Stop that! She doesn’t normally act like this… Yumi, snap out of it!” Momo waved her hand back and forth in front of Yumi, trying to bring her back to earth.

Mattie2009
01-30-2011, 12:41 AM
Lucas shrugged and walked up to Jax, writing as he did so. "Just come in to check on you. You seemed pretty mad back there. If you want me to leave, I'll go, but do you want to talk about it?" He showed the notebook to Jax. It seemed so impersonal to write short-distance. It was impersonal. The past year back on his home had flashed past; the year he gave up speaking. He had forgotten why he had done it to begin with, to be perfectly honest. It was probably something to do with being sick of dealing with people. He didn't even know why he continued doing it.

Then the quake struck, sending him to a crouching position to avoid falling over. Eventually the rumbling stopped, leaving Lucas to gather his personal effects from the floor and resume his rather one-sided conversation with Jax.

Dea m Smith
01-30-2011, 12:53 AM
Dea was going back to his room when the quake struck, Dea came eunnong down as he looked around to see if everyone was okay a few glasses had hit the floor. As some people were on the floor. What was going on, Was the first theing to enter dea's mind set. as he came up to one of the girls. It was Kagami Kuroda . as he went over to her " Whats going on" He asked her hopping everything was okay. Only being in a one pice of pj's was going to set off any young lady that was in the cafe. Or the kidnappers them sleeves. It seem like it was only a quick one as he looked around to see if everyone was okay.

Lemon Poppyseed
01-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Cautiously, Jaxon took the notebook that was offered to him, his eyes slowly trailing across the words. On this planet, he had gathered that it was shameful not be unable to read quickly and efficiently, but back on Pyroth, reading was a useless skill. Information was communicated through word of mouth, through elders and adults, but for those who had time, like he had sometimes did, reading was taught, just in case of emergency. It took him longer to read the note than it should’ve for a teen his age, which was already putting him in a worse mood than before.

He wondered – why did Lucas communicate this way? Was he disabled – did have no voice to speak with, or was it some choice he made? It was another thing he couldn’t understand, but what could Jaxon do about it? Despite being someone who was full of untamable rage and anger, he wasn’t a total jerk – he wouldn’t pry on things that maybe he wasn’t supposed to know.

Jaxon clutched the notebook in his hands tightly, wrinkling its paper, trying to bottle up the anger he had been trying to push down inside. “It’s just… what the hell were they thinking? Kidnapping us to work this… café…!” He looked up at Lucas – in his blazing red eyes, the rage was apparent. “They kidnapped us from our homes with some screwed up technology so that we could work for them! And then… they turn out to be girls. You can’t hit girls, damnit, so are we expected to just sit here and take it? It’s just…”

The quake struck just then – but Jax seemed unfazed. Earthquakes – had tons of ‘em back in Pyroth, they weren’t really a big deal. He planted his feet on the floor and sat up some, but generally seemed more annoyed that a quake was going on than anything else. After it was over, he didn’t even bring it up.

He relinquished the notepad – some of the pages were wrinkled now, thanks to him. “Sorry,” he apologized, taking a breath. “I don’t usually bare my burdens on other people.” He scoffed at himself. “It’s a weak thing to do.”

Aslee
01-30-2011, 01:00 AM
"I don't know, Dea," Kagami said shrugging. Kagami had always liked Dea, he seemed to be the only boy in the entire group that didn't seem as if he lived to drive her insane. "I think maybe..." She cast her eyes around the cafe and stopped abruptly.

Kagami brushed her purple hair back from her forehead and stared at the new boy in awe. Yes, the earthquake had been... well, Kagami was used to explosions, so earthquakes were rather boring to her. So it made sense that the boy was more important. Boys were normal, yes, but this...

This one was beautiful. More beautiful than Lucas, even, and Kagami thought she should've been stunned. But she knew what had brought this boy here, and what may have caused the explosion. Her machine... Her machine had malfuctioned, and could possibly be permanetly destroyed.

"Oh, please no..." It was quite obvious that this boy- he was more of a god, really -was not from their world, but she had to be sure. Had to be sure that her dreams had been crushed. Or maybe she was just paranoid.

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear..." The words tumbled from Kagami's mouth as she ran towards the white-haired Adonis. "Umm... hello, don't mind me." She stopped two inches in front of him, and stared into his many-colored eyes. "What planet are you from? What time period? Where did you come from? When you got here, was their fire? " She stepped away and circled him anxiously, poking at his great fluffy tail. "Was the wallpaper cpvered in tiny little owls?" She, of course, was inquiring about her own apartment.

"Helloooooo... I need awnsers!" She stepped back in front of him and looked up. Suddenly, the boy's aura hit her full-force. "Ummm... hi. I'm Kagami. I... think you may have possibly killed my life's work. Yeah. It's important." A blush spread across her face. Holy Crap... Are my glasses fogging up?

Dea m Smith
01-30-2011, 01:07 AM
Dea followed Kagami and saw who she was talking to. Dea didn't like this. Him coming from a world where demons live this was a high class one. "Kagami, Back away slowly." He told her with a hit of worry in his voice. Dea was thinking of all the races on his world mostly the tail ones. it seem like he was a one tail class. Mostly wolfs or dog classes but then again he was from a other world so this class he was thinking was not in the same one. dea Then Walked over to this other male and looked at him and said with a load voice . " Who are you?!" Dea asked with a load yet soft voice.

Mattie2009
01-30-2011, 01:21 AM
Lucas took back the notebook and wrote calmly. "It's not really weak. It's best to get all of your anger out before you do something you regret." He handed the notebook to Jax and walked to the doorway. He looked at Jax, held a finger up (generally the sign for 'wait a second while I do something') and dissapeared down the hall. What's going on out there? He thought, hearing voices in the main shop. Looking into the front, several things hit him at once.

1. Some guy who he hadn't seen before was standing in the shop.
2. Said guy had apparently left an impression on some of the girls.

Lucas returned to Jax, backup notebook in hand. "Some weird guy is standing in the shop front. Most of the girls are looking like they've been turned to stone. I got nothing."

Lemon Poppyseed
01-30-2011, 01:37 AM
Did Jax ever mention that he hated reading? Well, he did. But as Lucas handed the notebook back to him with his response, he took to reading it again, trying his hardest not to take so damn long this time. The response, once it was finally comprehended, did make him feel a little better, in a way. It was best for him not to explode here – back home, when he was mad, he could strangle a bear or something – but here, he hadn’t seen any fiends in sight. Best to rage while he could – while someone was willing to listen, then regret something later. “Thanks,” he offered up, which was as polite as Jax could possibly get.

Lucas signaled that he’d be right back, and when he did come back, scribbled another note (Jax was getting a little better at reading these…) that informed him that there was some bloke in the café who was really making an impression on the girls. He laughed a little, leaning back against the wall, crossing his arms over his chest. “Maybe he did turn them into stone. In that case, good for him,” he muttered, still in an indifferent mood. Suddenly, though a thought came to him.“Wait – we need those girls to take us home, damnit!”

He sprung up from his crate, looking toward Lucas. “C’mon, let’s go see who the intruder is. You with me?” Even if he wasn’t, Jaxon was gonna go investigate anyway. He had nothing better to do, and if he stayed in this storage room any longer, he’d get even paler than he already was. Damn albinism…

In the room was a crazy-looking fox-man who had, apparently, come from literally nowhere. In this situation, there was a couple of things Jaxon could do. One: pick a fight. Why? Because Jaxon was a warrior – a Pyrothan, damnit, and he hadn’t fought anyone in ages. Plus, this fruit cake fleabag would probably go down in two hits. Or, two, he could just ignore him… After all if he randomly picked a fight, maybe he’d be… well, what would they do, put him in time out? Oh no, the horrors! Psh, as if! Too many girls were circling him though – but one thing was for sure, he was already in the bad pages of Jaxon’s book.

“The guy’s a clown,” Jax muttered to Lucas. “Just some beastly thing with a tail, is all. They prolly ain’t ever seen a fiend before.”

That’s why he rubbed Jaxon the wrong way – he looked like a fiend from his planet, a monster, part human and part animal. … How was he supposed to coexist with that?!

Dea m Smith
01-30-2011, 01:43 AM
Dea looked at Kagami and tole her" Look Kagami step back" He told her. he didn't want any fight and he didn't want this tail boy will do to Kagami's. her eyes on the tail boy and not on Dea. As he went back to asking this boy who he was and why he was here. Dea was looking back to Kagami and then back to the tail boy as he sighed and started to think again. He didn't want to fight but then again if he had to he would be able to do anything to the boy,and the job as he looked at Kagami and started to talk " Kagami I think we need to get him up to a room or something before the boy here goes over here and there and dose something cazzy, Dea told her with worry for her and the boy but he didn't care much for the boy that was getting Kagami all work up for nothing as he then tune to face the hot head.

Mattie2009
01-30-2011, 01:56 AM
Lucas went back to the front of the shop with Jax. As Jax spoke to him, he picked up the word fiend. Images flashed through his head, most prominantly the ice demon that had roamed the lower world when he was younger. The man standing before him was clearly no ice demon. You'd have to be blind not to realize that much. Lucas was willing to give Jax the benefit of the doubt on the fiend angle; the idea of what makes a monster varied from planet to planet, but still. Something about this guy was wrong, almost like he had been created simply to put him on edge.

AriesChan
01-30-2011, 02:53 AM
Andrion's attention was turned from the Pink Chick, as he dubbed her, to the Chick With A Snake....obviously he had names to learn. They were both too cute for him not to learn their names, even if he doubted he'd be staying for awhile. He tilted his head some as he listened to her rant about him and his nerve...something about spells. Meh...he wasn't listening, even if his ears did twitch at every other word. He watched as she tried to get some type of reaction from her friend and laughed some before speaking,

“My name is Andrion and I assure you I haven't cast a spell or anything. Though I must say you have me completely mesmerized.” He cooed slightly as he lightly cupped her chin between his thumb and index finger and lifted her face up some. A light smirk appeared on his face and he was about to open his mouth to say something when a different female voice entered his ears. He stepped away from one just to have the other come over and...examine him? He blinked repeatedly as he tried to follow her questions and not just watch her lips move. He blinked again as she poked his tail, it swaying in response and brushing over her hand.

“Uh..Earth. The year is 4015 A.H...I would guess I came from the basement and no...no flames.” He smiled to her when she finally introduced herself, “Kagami...what a lovely name for such a lovely rosebud like yourself.” He said before taking her hand gently and kissing the back of it. He could feel the presence of other males, at least two weren't human quite like himself, but he could careless about them.

~~~~~

After being introduced to the others of the cafe, Andrion was filled in on what was going on. Apparently that machine he had seen while in the basement was some sort of inter-dimensional portal...something. He really didn't care. The main point though...was that the girls were trying to save their cafe

“So...let me get this straight...you expect me to not only wear this...but serve people?!” Andrion asked as the one called Yumiko was helping him put some type of hat on. It was at least thirty minutes before opening time for the cafe and the girls feared his ears and tail would alarm people. It was east to say the tail was a fake and that he had some sort of furry fetish but the ears were a different story. They were too real. People would wonder.

“Yes! Now be still~ Argh..this one is too small also!” Yumiko pouted as she stepped down off the stool, curse the Fox-Man and his height, and went to go get another hat but before she could walk away, Andrion had grabbed her and pulled her into him.

“And exactly what do I get in return?” He asked with a sly grin. Yumiko pushed out her bottom lip and blinked her eyes side to side as if she was thinking before pulling at his ears.

“YOU GET NICE HATS!!” She yelled into his ears, causing Andrion to growl and step back to cover his ears. The hell was her problem?! No matter...he'll just get her back later. It must have been another twenty minutes before the two finally came down with the rest of the crowd. Andrion's ears kept twitching under the hoodie he was wearing and he groaned in discomfort as he held back the urge to yank the irritating thing off.

Dea m Smith
01-30-2011, 05:05 AM
It was a new day after what had happen and as Dea came down in a new cafe outfit one of the girls made her told them out load. " Since I cant get home now one of you will become a love for me or something on the lines on that. i guess maybe nit it's up to you." He said with a blush and went off to work as he took the days first order. he smiled and work happily as he song a small tune. As he went to the back got cakes and other things. As he saw the other guys finally coming in. He then smiled to some girls and to others as he just wanted to be happy. Him knowing that his home was gone.

G
01-30-2011, 05:48 AM
Ericka strode into the cafe early in the morning, ready for a hard days work...
Well.. she meant to stride.. It ended up being more of a tumble, luckily she managed to get the door open so she only fell through empty space and not a glass door.
She looked up, blushing, hoping noone had seen her accident. Unfortunately Dea was already behind the counter, a customer waiting patiently for their order, and a couple of the other guys as well, all of them looking straight at her . She tried to look as dignified as one possibly could while sitting in a heap on the floor.
"Good morning, everyone," she gave an embarrassed smile and got up, her face still burning.

Dea m Smith
01-30-2011, 05:56 AM
Good morning Ericka" Dea said with a smile and a wave as he hand the customer who was waiting patiently for his cake and then took the money. As Dea went over and gave a hand out to Ericka And smiled as he looked at her. hopping that today was going to be a good day and not a lot of fall from Ericka . As he lifted her up and went back to work as he got a other customer a cake as he headed to the back to talk to the others about the days orders. it seems like today was going to be a other long day here at the cake shop.

G
01-30-2011, 06:05 AM
Ericka took Dea's offered hand, releasing it quickly once she was standing. The blush in her cheeks seemed to have no intention of going anywhere anytime soon, so she hurried out the back, looking for something to occupy herself. Hopefully without any more accidents, at least for a little while.
She popped her head out the front again, looking for Dea.
"Anything we're low on?" she asked, "I could make something," and hopefully not drop a glass into the mixture and ruin it, like last time,she thought.

Dea m Smith
01-30-2011, 06:13 AM
Dea gave Ericka a list of things they need and smiled "this is what need now and on the other side is somethings we dont need but do need soon. " he told her with a smile and went back to work as he sighed a bit. it seem more and more people were coming here. As he looked around and just went back to work. It seem like it was not going to end. young teens old ladies and now a few males are coming here.

AriesChan
01-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Andrion looked around the cafe some before heading over to the door, the strange place didn't seem so bright to him anymore and as he looked out of the glass door he realized it was much like his home. Lacking in technology...and diversity for that matter...but it was like his home nevertheless and it seemed like the people actually got a long. Something he was almost used to.

His ears twitched against the hood again as he heard the sound of faint humming and he turned his attention to a girl with light brown hair and glasses who was occupying herself with cleaning a table(alright...yes this is Kyari's FAVORITE passtime xD). A small grin appeared on his face as he silently made his way over to her. He leaned over her some and grinned wider as he breathed in her scent, everything must be sweet around here, before speaking,

“Funny, it doesn't look that dirty to me.” He said in a little above a whisper. An amused smirk appeared on his face as the young female spun around and almost gave him whiplash with her rag. She was indeed a new one. He didn't remember seeing her yesterday but then again there was so much going on. “Now, how could I have missed such a sweet looking thing like you?” He asked as he leaned closer to her, basically trapping her between himself and the table.

Kyari's eyes had grown to the size of saucers when she turned around and saw who she guessed was the 'Fox God' Yumiko had been talking about last night. Apparently, he had appeared during the 'earthquake' but Kyari was too busy ducking for cover when it all happened. If her eyes had been saucers before, they were definitely water towers the moment the guy moved closer to her and spoke. She quickly brought her rag up to her face, holding it in both hands, and used it as a shield as her face turned ten shades red, “I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I....” The 'Is' came a bit faster this time around and her body was definitely a statue. Oh lord! Would she be stuck like this forever?!?!

Lemon Poppyseed
01-30-2011, 09:18 PM
Who the hell thought it was a good idea to force Jax to sleep in an attic with a billion other guys?

Apparently, these girls did – and as a result, Jaxon got no sleep. A Pyrothan wasn’t supposed to sleep in the company of anyone besides his trusted family, and even then, it was best to be as far away from each other as possible. But here? Sure, let’s just grab a couple of strangers and force them to sleep together! What the hell, man, seriously? The only bloke he liked around here was Lucas – dude was alright in his book. But the rest were all strangers, especially the fiend. Only trouble could come from that guy…

He awoke, ran a toothbrush over his teeth and didn’t bother doing anything with his hair, ambling downstairs, feeling like a zombie. God, this place was the pits. He hadn’t killed anything in weeks. Where there any woods around here where he could cut down a wolf or something and get some exercise? Being cramped in this small-town café was really killing his style…

Jax was about to go grab his notepad and attempt this “taking orders” thing again, when he spotted the fiend hovering over Kyari, who was obviously petrified. (Granted, she was once petrified around him too, but Jax decided to ignore the fact.) The hell was he doing with her? Probably using his fiend magic to try and make her… explode or something, the demon! Since Jax had got little to no sleep, he was ready and rearing to yell at this guy.

“Oi, fiend,” he called out, anger flashing in his eyes, as if he were Lucifier himself. She was trapping Kyari – there was no way she could even get out even if she wanted to. God, wasn’t this harassment or something? Even Pyrothans had laws about what you could and couldn’t do to girls, sheesh. He had the mind to punch this guy out – and maybe he would’ve if he weren’t so discombobulated, but instead, he pulled Kyari away from him, holding her by the wrist and pulling her towards him, so she was no longer trapped by the fiend. Almost in a protective stance, he stood in front of her, narrowing his eyes towards the kitsune.

“You stay the hell away from Kyari, yeah? Or else I’ll have to make somethin’ outta this." His voice grew dark: he was both a monster and a man in one. "She doesn’t want anything to do with a creep like you.”

At least, he was pretty sure she didn’t, right? Right? He turned to Kyari, who had been stammering up a storm before. He scratched his head, unsure of what to say, or if he should say anything at all.

“You alright? He do somethin’ funny to you?” As an extra bonus, “You want I should teach him a lesson?”

AriesChan
01-30-2011, 09:45 PM
"Oh dear..." Yumiko muttered as she placed the new cakes on the display, she had just came from the kitchen when she heard Jax yelling up a storm! This time his target was Andrion. Poor guy. Maybe he'll smack Jax with his tail or something? Yumiko giggled at the thought and blinked as some of the other kitchen workers came into the shop and stared at her before going back. She gave a like pout before scanning the room with her eyes. The cafe was just opening so it was the definition of empty...there were still some chairs up...now what poor soul could she get to put down those chairs, put the sign of today's specials out front, anndd switch on the "Open" sign?!

"Lucas~" she sung as she noticed the poor soul and his notepad. Oh, she would never understand it. How could one just communicate through..writing?!? Where was his voice?! His sense of LIFE!?!?!? Not to mention, he seems to enjoy throwing paper balls at her...that just won't do! She pretty much bounced her way over to him and grabbed ahold of the notepad, "Why use such a silly thing?!" She asked as she examined it as if it was some type of foreign object before stuffing it into her apron pocket and leaning close to him, "Don't tell me! Do cats ACTUALLY get people's tongues on your planet?!" She asked as she blinked twice, referring to the old saying.

Andrion blinked at the angry one. What was his name again? Jason....Justin....J-something....he didn't care. He rarely remembered the names of guys and he would be damned if he wasted his memory on the name of someone so...explosive. However, he was quick to pull this...what did he say? Kyari? Yes, Kyari, away from him, he had taken a possessive stance and threatened him, and he was even asking if she was alright. In his world, those were signs of a male who had chosen a mate.

"Hmm..I'm sorry, I didn't realize she was your mate. Perhaps you should mark her or something so that there won't be another mishap?" He said, his tone was almost teasing and patronizing but he was sincerely sorry for intruding on another's claimed. Yes, he was a womanizer and yes he would flirt with anything with a pair of legs but he woul never attempt to steal someone from another...unless of course they were after him first but that is a different matter...

Kyari blinked and blushed a bit before nodding and then shaking her head, "Uh..I'm fine. He didn't....do anything." She blinked again; however, when Andrion had said something about a 'mate', she knew from having pets and such that when the term 'mate' came up, it meant lovers but she wasn't quite sure if it was the same or not. Regardless, her blush deepened.

Mattie2009
01-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Lucas looked at Yumiko, made a 'heh' motion and pulled out his trusty backup notebook. He wrote for about twelve seconds, before tearing out the page and handing it to her. "If you mean in the literal sense, I'm sure there are a few wildcats large enough to do that. Figuratively though, no cats on my world can steal voices." He continued to write while Yumiko read. Eventually he handed her a second page. "While I can't remember why I did it to begin with, I admit I have lost the touch. Your concern is appreciated though." He handed the second page to her, before turning to look at the commotion Jax was making. Well, that's one way to introduce yourself. Almost start a fistfight and make the new guy think you and the girl he was coming on to are lovers.

Lemon Poppyseed
01-30-2011, 11:07 PM
The fiend couldn’t just leave things alone, could he?

“Mark her?” Jaxon hissed, appalled at the suggestion. “What kind of sick person marks their…!” Wait, Kyari wasn’t – well, wait, what? Was he suggesting that Kyari was his…? For the first time in his life, Jaxon Devereux was at a loss for words of how to respond to this situation. What did Kyari mean to him? Why was he suddenly so protective? Was it because of the fiend, or because of her…? For a moment, Jax was quiet, before exploding in his usual fashion, “…Whatever! Just… don’t do it again.” It was a weak comeback, and Jax wasn’t usually someone who had weak comebacks, but it would have to do for now.

He turned to Kyari, looking absolutely exhausted. Jax ran a hand through his hair, glad she claimed to be fine, but goddamnit, she had scared the hell out of him! Fiends were dangerous tricksters on his planet – especially those with fox blood in them. They used their magic to put maidens under their spell and then controlled them like puppets on a string. To be that close to a fiend without having a weapon on him was unthinkable, but at least she was fine. Granted, the victims of fiends sometimes thought they were fine and then ended up as the fiend’s dinner later…

“Are you sure you’re okay, Kyari?” He tone seemed genuinely worried – it was the first time he had ever used such a gentler tone of voice in this world. “You say you’re fine, but he might’ve hypnotized you or something…” He placed a hand gently on her shoulder, bringing her closer to him. “Let me just check. It’ll only take a second.”

Jax was a pro at this – back at his homeworld. The mark of a fiend’s control was something you could only see in their eyes – it would only be a small mark, a small circle, but he was the best at finding them. Tenderly, he placed a hand on her cheek, staring into her eyes, his own crimson red ones searching hers. This was a delicate procedure – he had to be incredibly silent, or the mark might not appear. So quiet was Jax (for once in his life) you could hear him breathing, the soft inhale and exhale being the only soundtrack to his search.

It was only after a minute of this did he realize that she probably was fine and removed her hand from her face, scratching the back of his head. “Ah, you were right – he didn’t do anything to you…” Thankfully… Although, now she probably thought he was some creeper who just randomly stared into peoples' eyes, great.

“So, you need any help around here? There’s gotta be some way I can be useful without scaring people off…” Not that he cared about the café or anything, but a lazy Pyrothan was a useless Pyrothan. He may not be back home, but he could still hold true to his principles.

G
01-31-2011, 01:21 AM
Ericka accepted the list with a slight blush when her shaky hand nearly tore the paper.
"Thanks," she smiled widely and turned back to the kitchen, her eyes switching between the foods on the list and the cupboards and fridge as she pulled out the ingredients she would need.
She was placing a batch of double-chocolate brownies in the oven when she realised she'd made them flawlessly, no mishaps or anything!
"Yes!" her fist pumped the air, inadvertantly catching the side of a mixing bowl and knocking it to the floor, at the same time her funny bone starting to ache as she'd smacked it straight into the bowl.
"Oh, damn it.." she glanced around her. Noone had seen it, but then again, that meant no one had seen her immaculate brownie making skills either.
She sighed, setting the timer and heading out the front again to see if someone was free to help her. She hadn't expected there to be quite so much to make.

AriesChan
01-31-2011, 01:22 AM
"Uh...umm..." Kyari blinked some before turning away from Jax. She stood there for a moment before scurrying off and mumbling something about 'the sign'. Next thing you know, she's outside the cafe and scribbling down things on the chalk board out front. Andrion grinned some as he stretched, he then brought his hands down and pulled the silly hood from over his ears. He made a mental note to either cut holes in the top o just do away with the thing completely. Honestly, he didn't see the big deal.

"She's an adorable one.." He muttered before walking off to the counter, he jumped over it and then made use of the coffee machine and helped himself to one of the cake slices. Might as well make himself at home right?

Yumiko blinked as Lucas pulled out another notepad and proceeded to write in it. She gave him a look that read, 'I WILL MAKE YOU TALK!!!' Yelp..caps and all...before taking his notepad again and giving a pitiful excuse of a glare. After awhile of silence in the cafe, the bell started to chime as the first customers of the day. Yumiko popped up to greet the group with a smile.

"Ello there~ Welcome t--" Yumiko started before she was...well trampled by the group of girls as they hightailed it over to the counter. Andrion blinked repeatedly, his cake was literally inches from his mouth when he was pretty much bombarded by females.

"OMGGGG!! Those ears~" One said with a squeel.

"They look so real!" One said as she reached over to pet him.

"Forget the ears! Look at that body!" One said, drool threatening to roll off her lip.

"I...just want cake." One said as she pushed her glasses up her nose. Andrion blinked again before finally taking a bite out of the cake. The amount of 'oohs' and 'awes' (minus that one chick) almost made him laugh.

"Ladies, ladies...there is enough for everyone." He said as he shot them one of his signature grins.

"....we're still talking about cake, right?" Alright...that one wasn't getting anything.

Lemon Poppyseed
01-31-2011, 11:56 AM
What the hell? Did she just… did she totally just point-blank ignore him? Jaxon stood there like an idiot for a couple of minutes, before shoving his hands in his pockets, sighing. “Okay… I’ll take that as a no.”

He turned toward the crazy mob that had been surrounding the fiend near the counter, and while it was possible for him to clear the girls out with one of his infamous stares… He just didn’t feel like. For the first time since he came here, he had stuck out his neck to help her, and then she just decides to bail on him? What gives? He was deluded, he knew, to think that maybe one of these girls had understood him a little, but no – Kyari probably just thought he was a hot-tempered asshole too. Okay, so he was, but were layers to every onion, weren’t there?

Why the hell was he getting so ticked off about this?

Well, maybe this was a good thing. After all, if she didn’t want anything to do with him, then there was no reason for him to try and get along at this café. He looked around, making sure no one was watching, sneaking back to the back of the café, where it was considerably quieter. He needed an exit, and if he couldn’t find that, then he’d make his own exit if pushed, because he just couldn’t take this anymore! These girls, how had they managed to kidnap him, a Pyrothan? Especially when the girls back on his planet were so much fiercer, could take care of themselves, when half of them didn’t even need a guy to do anything for them! He scoffed, rolled up his sleeves, and started the search for an exit. If he could just get out of here, maybe find a forest to sleep in, he’d feel a little bit more at home.

Momo was late, but that was no surprise. After all, a good sleep prepared you for a busy day at work – and working at Amai Yume nowadays was nothing but work! Tilla wasn’t around her neck today, but in her satchel bag. If you looked closely at her bag, you could see one of Tilla’s eyes peeking out of the bag – but she was there for a reason. It was harder to talk to customers with Tilla around her neck, she found, but she wasn’t sure why. After all, Tilla was probably the friendliest ball python anyone would ever meet! Granted, she was really heavy, but, it was something she’d just have to put up with.

She was about to enter the café when she saw Kyari out scribbling things on the sign. Momo grinned, patting Kyari on the back, not realizing she had accidentally snuck up behind her, as she sometimes did to people. “Merry meet, Kyari!” Momo grinned, bowing a little. As if to join in on the greeting, Mortilla attempted to poke her head out of Momo’s bag, but was stopped by Momo’s quick hands, who sadly had to shove her face back in the bag. Kyari would probably get scared if she saw Mortilla randomly coming out of her bag, after all…

“How are you on this fine day? And the café, how does it prosper on this lovely morning?” She noticed her fixing the sign, and smiled. “You are always such a busy bee, Kyari! The spirits must smile down upon you.”

Aslee
01-31-2011, 04:32 PM
Kagami pushed her way through a crowd of giggling girls. A giant, black engine oil smear was above her right eyebrow, and she wsn't in her uniform. If they thought she was going to work after a night like last night, they were insane. "OH MY GOD!!!" she yelled, pushing a girl who was staring at the new boy out of her way. "Will you people leave them alone?" She knew that was the reason the boys were here to begin with. But she hated it. She couldn't help it.

She plunked her duffel bag down on the counter and collapsed against it tiredly. "If anyone cares, I looked at the machine last night. I'm pretty sure it still works, but I haven't tried it out yet." Kagami shrugged, her (for once) loose hair swinging past her hips. "Oh, and..."

Kagami finally looked up from the counter and stared at the fox 'demon' angrily. "I am NOT a flippin' rose bud." Her head thunked back down on the counter heavily. "So... what's been going on here, because Jax and the boys look like they're about to spontaneously combust."

((She's angry cuz she's tired... she might actually go to sleep soon... ^ ^ ))

AriesChan
01-31-2011, 05:05 PM
Andrion simply blinked and finished off his cake while he watched Kagami push her way through the crowd of girls and then pretty much collapse on the counter. He snickered slightly at her comment before leaning down closer to her and whispering, "Certainly not with such an ugly stain on your face", he pulled away from her and smiled to the crowd of girls *insert swoons here* before speaking to them, "Girls, girls....I can completely understand how mesmerized you all are by my existance, but this is a place of order...and cakes. So please, have yourselves a seat and I or one of the others will tend to you shortly." He smiled again before making a 'shoo,shoo' motion with his hands and immediately the crowd had cleared and were instead scattered at tables. Minus one.

"Could I just PLEASE have a double chocolate fudge cake?! PLEASE!" Said the one with the glasses. Andrion just nodded some before disappearing to the kitchen. When he returned, he was holding the small box of cake, wrapped and everything. He rung it up and smiled as she paid and he gave it to her.

"Oh, and about your question...I believe Yumiko was attempting to get the emo one to talk....before being ran over, I made the angry one...well angry by getting to close to his mate, who is over there writing on the sign," He paused and pointed at Kyari who was now talking to another one...he believed that one was Momo..the one that had yelled at him yesterday, "And the other one...hmmm...don't remember his name either..but he is somewhere." Andrion shrugged, not really knowing where the other one was.

Kyari pulled back from the sign and smiled some at it before smiling to Momo, she was the only person Kyari was actually used to sneaking up on her..and it was always easy to tell if it was her or not, "Hello Momo..umm I am well -trying to stop her blush-..and the cafe...well a whole bunch of girls just ran in, I would guess they wanted an after school snack...and...I'm not really...all that busy." She said in her soft voice before smiling again and headed back into the cafe.

Yumiko stood finally and dusted herself off. The nerve of those...MONSTERS!!....she would have to go and fix her hair and outfit now...She huffed before giving another weak glare,this time to the crowd of girls.

"I will get you, my pretties! And you're little fox too!!" Yes, though it was pretty much her fault, along with the others, that Andrion was there...he was still to blame for this INJUSTICE!! Or whatever...Yumiko shrugged some as she made her way to the bathroom.

Aslee
01-31-2011, 10:54 PM
Kagami's blush from the fox's touch soon turned into the blush of laughter. "His mate???" Kagami choked on her own laughter. "Oh... oh that is good." She wiped a tear from her eyes. "Seriously, you've been here for what, five hours?" She rubbed her forehead with the back of her hand. It was wierd, but because he was so flirty, it was actually easier to talk to him. Probably because it made him seem laughable and human. Unlike Mr. Emo and and Mr. Throbbing Vein. Speaking of human...

"You said something about Dea... where'd he go, anyway?" She looked around for the familiar sight of the human boy. She'd been worried about him since yesterday, when he'd reacted so badly to Andrion's demon appearance. Well... she'd been worried about him causing fights, anyway. Because no doubt Jax would just jump in it, and Yumiko would probably push Lucas in it, hoping he'd scream or something...

Whatever. It didn't matter. Because Andrion wasn't dead, and, well, he was cute and all but even Romeo sucked at fighting.

Lemon Poppyseed
01-31-2011, 11:29 PM
After hearing that Kyari was doing well, Momo gave her a brief grin before heading back into the café along with her, not too certain of what she would find. After all, that place had been in a state of bedlam yesterday, and Momo was sure that it had been the doing of the great and powerful spirits, as punishment to her and her friends’ misdeeds! Was there a way to repent for her sins? And would they have to go commit even more sins, by bringing even more guys? After all, although the lot of them were indeed pretty, they hadn’t been very helpful so far, from what she had seen…

With Mortilla still slithering around in her satchel, her one eye ominously poking out of the bag, Momo entered the shop in her usual cheerful mood, waving to all the customers with a huge smile on her face. That was, until she saw the kitsune, and remembered the chaos that the spirits had caused upon their café yesterday. Curious, she ambled over to him and her friend, not wanting to get in the way of their conversation, but she did have a question that was nagging at her, that had been nagging at her ever since yesterday evening…

“O wise Kagami,” she addressed, because Kagami was really the smartest one of them all, “I hate to ruin this amorous mood, but…” She lowered her voice, looking left and right. “Have we figured out where the fox-traveler has come from, or why he is here? Has he been sent by the spirits, or…?” And her voice went even lower, “…or was this the work of the you-know-what?” The you-know-what being the all-powerful machine she had built, of course, but mentioning it in mixed company by name was probably a bad idea.

Mattie2009
01-31-2011, 11:30 PM
Lucas's blood began to boil. It was enough that Andrion had put Jax onto the offensive, almost got him and possibly several others crushed and had been acting like the smuggest of the smug since second one, but now he called him emo?! It was almost too much to put up with, barely a day through the portal and he'd already put two people at their limits. For all he stayed quiet and out of the way, Lucas could be most easily provoked by insults. He silently fumed his way to the back of the shop, partly to see where Jax had poofed off to, partly to attempt to cool off. He had gone from indifferent to livid in an insult, a trampling and general smugness. This was not going to be a good day.

G
02-01-2011, 12:56 AM
"Uhh... hello? guys? a little help, maybe? there's like a million things on this list!"
Everyone seemed too distracted by the throng of squealing girls that surrounded the counter, but a word from that new boy who she'd almost brained tripping over yesterday sent them all scurrying back to their seats.

Dea m Smith
02-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Dea came over and smiled " I'll help you out what do you need?" Dea asked her and smiled as he came up to the counter and started to help right there as he told everyone to clam down and take a seat as Dea smiled to them. It was like a god from heaven came down for them or a sexy Demon that came for them. But Dea was thinking about other things as he smiled and helped out for what he can do,

G
02-01-2011, 01:12 AM
"Thanks" Ericka smiled back at Dea, blushing a little remembering her tumble that morning, "The brownies I made will be just about ready, I'll bring them out."
She went to the kitchen to discover smoke billowing from the oven and opened it hurriedly, forgetting oven mitts and burning her hands in the process.
"Ow!" she cried, trying to grab the tray and barely making it to the table before she dropped it. She cut the edges off (they were burned) and sliced the brownies, gingerly transferring them to a plate and taking them back out the front to Dea.
"Could you put these out for me, I burned myself?" she pouted, putting down the brownies and hoding her red hands out to Dea to show him.

Dea m Smith
02-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Dea saw what happen to her hands and sighed as he took them and a light glow went around them" If it's to hot then dont touch it." He said as he healed her hands a bit. And He took the brownies out to the fount but then stop. " Ericka I head that we are going to have the day Off Do you want to go out or something?" He asked her as he left to the fount with what he had in hand and the girls at the counter asking for a order or two, As he smiled and took the money. Dea always had a way to get them to pay more then other places but then again they were school girls and someone had dumb love in there minds.

G
02-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Ericka sighed as the burn in her hands was soothed. "Wow, I didn't know you could do that," she smiled.
"Ericka I head that we are going to have the day Off Do you want to go out or something?" Dea said.
"Go out?" Ericka said stupidly, the blush rising on her cheeks again, "With you? Like... like a date? Not that it has to be, if you don't want. I mean.. I don't know, I mean.. ok."
God, that was smooth, she though to herself.

Dea m Smith
02-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Dea didn't here much as he worked at the counter but he did here her say "okay" And that made his day. He was never going to go home so why not just try and make the best of things. As he worked he waited for that Day to end so that the next day would come. it was going cazzy. all the other girls and guys had seem to forgot why there are here. But then Dea sighed and said to him self " fuck It" And with that he went to the back to get more things for the fount,

Aslee
02-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Kagami was really trying to ignore the conversation going on behind her. She'd really thought... Well, it didn't matter what she'd thought, now did it? And she had a scientific report to give.

"I have no idea what brought Demon Boy here, Momo," Kagami said truthfully. "Everything in the machine looked fine, right down to the last lugnut. I..." Kagami tucked at the ends of her hair and bit her lip. She didn't like admitting that she didn't know something, especially about one of her machine. But you're ruining people's lives here, Kagami. Andrion was never planned, and you ripped him away from his family. Tell the dang truth.

"It's possible that the machine may have yanked Andrion out of thin air. It could be something in the original schematics, or even just something that popped up for only an instant. I won't know until I can send myself through and monitor it during the trip. I..."

Kagami looked up at her friends- and the boys -with watery blue eyes behind her glasses. "I'm sorry. I really have no idea what's going on." She focused in on Andrion, clearly trying not to cry. "I'm really, really sorry."

Today just isn't my day, is it?

Lemon Poppyseed
02-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Not even the wise Kagami knew what brought the fox-man named Andrion to this universe. She tapped her cheek with a finger, trying to digest the information she was being given, unable to understand how the machine might’ve gotten out of their control – Kagami’s control. The spirits were definitely not going to be fond of this, especially if Andrion’s arrival here had been a complete accident. But what was more important than that was Kagami herself, who looked positively distraught. The machine – it was a huge responsibility, wasn’t it? But it wasn’t one that she’d have to shoulder alone.

“Do not cry Kagami, lift your spirit!” Momo cried out, in an attempt to make her good friend feel better. “You do not have to go through this alone. You will always have us, your friends – we’ll get down to the bottom of this together!” She wasn’t exactly sure how they’d do so, hell, Momo didn’t even understand anything about the machine itself, but she did know about one thing, and that was the awesome power of friendship, which could definitely solve all problems. …Definitely.

“And do not apologize. There is nothing to be apologetic about, dear friend! The good spirits will help us through this…” Uh, hopefully they would! Momo tilted her head, placing a hand on her hip. “You said that you’d need to monitor the device while sending yourself through it. Why don't we do that? We can all come along, for support!”

Meanwhile, Jaxon was busy not giving a damn.

What? Surprised? Thought not.

The search for an exit out of this damn place had been futile, and while most blokes would just escape through the front door, Jaxon had better class than that. One does not simple walk out of this café, after all, especially after it had been such a horrendous prison cell for him. No, he was planning on making his great escape, and hopefully it would involve explosions, a police chase, and lava. Lots and lots of sweet lava.

He had been searching for maybe an hour or so when he heard footsteps close up behind him. He guessed it was Lucas without even turning around – after all, he doubted that any of the girls wanted to be alone with him – and that was probably for the best, anyone. Jaxon looked back, and indeed, saw his only friend in this hell hole behind him. “You always know the perfect time to show up,” the Pyrothan laughed, shaking his head.

“I’m lookin’ to bust out of here. You with me?”

AriesChan
02-02-2011, 12:40 AM
Andrion's ears twitched some as he listened in on the girl's conversation, not that it was purposeful or anything, he just had big fox ears and they WERE right in front of him. His attention was only stolen from the girls when a customer had came to pay for their meal. Then it happened. Again. That loud noise! It caused Andrion to howl out in pain before flattening his ears to his head and placing his hands over them, it was ten times worst than when Yumiko had yelled in his ears. The lights flickered a bit but then it was all over.

Dea's eyes filled with confusion as his body was engulfed with a blue light. He became frantic for a moment but was then calmed when he could hear and smell things from his home and he could help but smile as it came into view and the blue light disappeared. Was he really back home?? He walked around a bit, just taking in the sights and touching the buildings and trees. It felt real. It wasn't until he saw her that he knew for a fact it was real.

"Dea! Where have you been? You've missed alot of your classes." She said with a smile before giving him a hug. Instantly, Dea's arms wrapped around her waist and he breathed in her scent before exhaling. He was definately home.

Granted, Dea was sent home, but in his place stood a highly confused blonde boy. He looked around the cafe and blinked a few times. It reminded him of the cafe that him and his friends visited often but he knew it wasn't the same place...he looked around a bit more, receiving odd-googly eyes from some of the girls who were sitting. He gave a shy wave before going over to the counter where a group of girls...and cowering fox boy were.

"Umm..Excuse me...where am I?" He asked in a quiet voice. Yumiko blinked at the blonde before turning back to her friends.

"Yea! I think now would be a GREAT time to check out the hmmhmhmm" She said, referring to machine but not wanting to say it outloud.

G
02-02-2011, 02:31 AM
Ericka blinked as Dea dissapeared into thin air before her eyes, and was replaced by a blonde-haired by just as cute as every other that had been brought here.
"Whaa? Great. I'll never get a date at this rate," she frowned, walking over to the others to see what had happened, and mercifully not tripping.
"Hi," she greeted the new boy, "Who are you? And what the heck just happened?" she said to Yumiko and Kagami.

Aslee
02-02-2011, 04:33 PM
"Well... I guess it would help if you all came along," Kagami said, brightening a little. In truth, the power her machine held scared her. She'd always sent the other girls on their missions, and the thought of going off into an unknown world with knowing anything about even it's barest atmospheric makeup terrified her. Having MoMo there would make her feel... more sane, to be sure. And more safe. "But someone would have to stay and watch the boys. There's no way they could go. Unless Yumiko wants us to take And-"

She was about to say 'unless Yumiko wants us to take Andrion home', but she was cut off. By yet another earthquake. No, gods... Please just leave me alone. JUST STOP!!! The noise stopped and Kagami looked around, her fingers clutching the counter until her knuckles turned white.

Dea was gone, and a short blonde boy stood in his place.

Oh... oh, gods, no. Please... Again. I've messed up again. Kagami shook her head hard and closed her bright blue eyes as Yumiko suggested they leave now, and Erika lamented the fact that she no longer had a date for the night. "It's a bit bigger than that, I'm afraid." She couldn't look at the blonde, she just couldn't. She hoped she knew he was sorry. "You're in a cafe. You got here because science fails."

Kagami moved to Andrion and gently removed his hands from his quivering ears. She glanced inside them, and twisted her lips into a wry smile. "I think you'll be okay, kitsune, but you might wanna get some earplugs."

Kagami leaned back against the counter and stared at a small puddle of water. "I don't know what happened Erika. But I'm sure as hell going to find out." She tucked her hair behind her ears and gave the other girls a determined look. "You ladies ready to hit it?"

Lemon Poppyseed
02-02-2011, 11:26 PM
It was true, they could test the machine if they all worked together, definitely! But then, who would stay behind to watch the café? It probably wasn’t a good idea to leave Momo behind to watch this place - after all, she’d fall asleep if she was left idle for too long. “Perhaps Kyari could stay behind? She’s one of our most responsible,” Momo suggested, crossing her arms and nodding her head. She had just seen Kyari a minute ago - diligently working to keep this place in tip-top shape! And Momo would be the first to admit that Kyari was more responsible than herself, despite her spiritual lessons, Momo sometimes couldn’t help but nap on the job…

Here it was… the spirit’s divine punishment, raining down on them for all the wrongs they had done, just to save this café! Momo quivered, and Mortilla finally pushed her way out of Momo’s bag, looking for some sort of comfort in this vengeful earthquake. Momo hugged the ball python to her chest, waiting for the spirits’ punishment to be over. Was this really happening? Was this really the spirits telling them that they had done wrong, or was this really the work of the machine? They needed answered … and the sooner they got them, the better, especially now that Dea disappeared and had been replaced by a strange blonde boy…

She smiled to her friend - Kagami was so strong; she was still willing to test the machine, even after all this tomfoolery. “I’m ready when you are!” Momo cried out, and Tilla seemed to nod in agreement - it was time to go! There was no more time to waste! Off they’d go, into the machine of wonders, marching into the unknown cosmos!

G
02-03-2011, 12:04 AM
"Okay, I'm ready too, I think.." Ericka said, still a little unsure as to exactly what was going on.
"What am I ready for?" she asked, then sighed. It was too much to ask to understand the strange things happening lately, she may as well just let it come and figure it out on the way.

AriesChan
02-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Yumiko grinned some before pumping a fist into the air, "Alright!" She said before bringing her fist down to eye-level, "Let's go!", she said before practically dragging the other three down to the basement, a bit too excitedly. She giggled some as they neared the 'machine of amazingness'...for that is what she has dubbed it...for now.

Kyari blinked a bit confused as she turned to see her friends run off and an even more confused blonde boy staring after them. She walked over to the boy and gulped some before tapping him on the shoulder.

"Well...do you know what's going on?" He asked as he turned to her before smiling some, Kyari nodded some before explaining the situation, surprisingly, she didn't stutter one bit..perhaps Andrion had got her all stuttered out for the day. The blonde stared at Kyari for a moment before taking it all in. He then held out his hand and shook hers.

"The name's Aaron, I'd love to help." He said with a smile, he had always been the kind to want and help others...and these girls were definatel in need in some, he looked around some a bit puzzled. Kyari had said there were four boys in total now...but he only saw the fox guy, "Where are the other two?"

Kyari's eyes widened some as she finally noticed that Jax and Lucas were gone. Could they have possibly ran out when the lights went off? She blushed slightly before excusing herself.

'If I were Jax...where would I be..?' She thought to herself but she could only think of places dealing with fire, lava, or dust. And there was no where in hell she was looking anywhere liked that.

Yumiko watched excitedly as Kagami fiddled with the 'machine of amazingness' before it was finally up and running and making weird un-amazing sounds. Soon, though, a blue portal opened up and she clapped for joy before strapping one of the belts that went with the machine around her waist, "JUGGABALOOOO!!" She shouted before jumping into the swirling portal.

"WAAA!" Yumiko screamed as she fell from a few feet in the air and landed in water. She coughed some after she came back up to the surface and flailed her arms around to stay a float. She blinked some as she looked around at the countless.....boats? She titled her head to the side some, her wet hair sticking to her face, "What the fiddlestick?"

KiteXX
02-03-2011, 01:37 AM
Exia was given the job of securing those who fell in the water, there was several deadly monsters infesting it, but nobody ever really fell in. There were several loud shrieks around him, He barely had time to look up to see what happened before he was deployed, his Jetski was set to autopilot in case anything ever happend. There was a small floating cage attached to it for several people. Normally if one fell in, they pulled another with them.

He swerved to the side's of each of the women and pulled them into the cage, He said nothing until they arrived to the "Village", He pulled Momo out of the cage last and happened to notice the snake, "ah creatura tam beauitful" he then turned his attention to Momo and the others "qui habitatis? Illi vestimenta nostra non facit. Unde tibi grando?"

G
02-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Erika followed a little less enthusiastically after Yumiko, somehow managing to trip over the belt as she was putting it on, she fell head first into the portal and, thus, headfirst into the water on the other side. She was too busy spluttering to notice the boat approaching and before she knew it, she had been pulled into a large cage looking thing.
"What the hell?" she cried, "this isn't good!"
She turned to the other girls, who had been crammed in the cage with her and stared at them with wide, puzzled eyes. Before she knew it, however, they had reached a small village, or at least that's the nearest name she could put to it, and they were pulled out of the cage again.
"qui habitatis? Illi vestimenta nostra non facit. Unde tibi grando?"
a beautiful boy peered at them, speaking what sounded to Ericka like gibberish.
"Oh, god. What the HELL is going on?"

Lemon Poppyseed
02-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Momo could not help but feel a whoosh of excitement whenever the machine started to whirr. Mortilla, who was now wrapped around her neck once again, bobbed her head up and down, as if she was excited too, to see what kind of crazy world it would take the girls to next. Finally, a blue portal appeared, and Yumi jumped down it quickly, yelling oddities as she did. Momo jumped in right after her, holding onto Mortilla as she did so, yelling in delight as she let the portal take her wherever in the cosmos it wanted. Where would she land this time? In the frozen tundra? In rocky mountains? In a land filled with butterflies and rainbows?

Ah, apparently none of the above – instead, Momo landed on her rear, but luckily, she had done so in a boat. She groaned as she sat up in the small wooden boat, looking around for any of the others. It was such a watery world, this place was, and yet, it seemed so… calm and serene. She took in a deep breath of this world’s air – it was so clean and refreshing, unlike back home. Perhaps the spirits favored this place more than their plan? Such a thought made her frown for a bit, before she noticed Yumi splashing around in the water.

“My friend! You should not splash around in unknown rivers! Here, take my hand!” She pulled Yumi up into the boat so she wouldn’t get wetter than she already was, then laughed a little at their situation. “This world is so strange… it seems like everyone’s on the water… Maybe this whole planet’s filled with water…” She dipped her hand in the water, humming to herself. “It might be hard to find someone in this situation…”

Granted, before she could comment further on the beauty of this planet, a boy zoomed up to them on a jetski and hauled them into a cage, along with the other girls, without so much of a word. It was an awkward situation, one that Momo barely knew how to react to – she had never been in a cage before, but she was just realizing that she was extremely claustrophobic. She clung onto Mortilla, muttering prayers to the spirits under her breath, with her hands clasped under her chin.

Finally, the boy pulled them out of the cage and unto a small island – of course, due to Momo’s brilliant luck, she was pulled out last. She grabbed onto his hand grateful as he did so, glad to have her land legs back, glad to be out of that chilling situation. Looking at the boy now, he didn’t seem evil or cruel – perhaps he had meant to save them, the girls who had fell into the water. He turned to her, and seemed to say something to Mortilla – of his speech, Momo understand not a word except “beautiful.” “Thank you! I… I think. That was a complement, right?” She patted Mortilla’s head, and the snake seemed to be smiling. Had he just… spoken to Mortilla? No, perhaps not…

He asked them a question, but again, there was this language barrier – he spoke in a foreign tongue, one that Momo could not decipher. She smiled sadly, shaking her head and placing a hand her throat, to signify that she could not speak his language. “My greatest apologies to you, son of the water, but I cannot comprehend your language. We speak English - might you have a translator in your midst?”

In planning his great escape, the last person Jax thought would come looking for him was the person who had seemed so scared of him in the first place. It almost surprised him, to see Kyari walking down this hallway, in his general direction, but then again, she might just be looking for the storage room, or for… hell knew what, down here. Why would she be looking for him? She had ran off like he was the big bad wolf the last time they had spoke, but admittedly, maybe he shouldn’t have bothered looking for the kitsune’s mark, maybe he should’ve just left the matter alone. He wasn’t even sure how to approach her anymore.

“Kyari,” he called, nodding in her general direction. This was normally the part where he made some snarky remark, cast a smirk in her direction or asked some sarcastic question, but he wasn’t sure whether he was in her good graces anymore. Ah, hell, did it matter? He was Jaxon Devereux, he did whatever he damn well pleased. “You lookin’ for me? Or is there somethin’ else in this corridor that you need?” Questions, questions, it felt like he was always asking questions, but nobody ever gave him any answers…

KiteXX
02-03-2011, 01:52 AM
"Peregrini utique ..." Exia lowered his head a little but then an idea hit him, he had almost forgotten the Weyard Way of Learning. His people never had to worry about a different language, even if it is a fish they wished to speak to.

He pulled Momo closer and lightly kissed her, the sacred art that had been passed down for years and years, he pulled away after a minute and restated his question in a language they could understand, "Who are you people? The clothes you wear are not of our make, where do you hail from?"

G
02-03-2011, 02:22 AM
Ericka gasped as the stranger leaned forward and kissed Momo smack on the lips, then suddenly spoke in their own language.
"Wait.. was that all a scam? Strange foreign boy throws us in a cage, speaks a little gibberish an then hits you with it? What the HELL!" she repeated, still trying to wrap her head around the whole situation.

Lemon Poppyseed
02-03-2011, 02:38 AM
The last thing Momo ever expected to receive today was a kiss, especially from the boy they were supposed to kidnap! Embarrassingly enough, she had never been kissed before, not by anyone who wasn’t her family anyway, so she had absolutely no idea how to react. After her finally pulled away, Momo’s face turned a bright red, feeling a little dizzy after having her first kiss unexpectedly snatched away from her. She put a hand to her lips, unsure whether to feel unjustified or strangely pleased… Instead, she stood frozen for quite some time, trying to speak, but quickly found that no words would come out. This was ridiculously unlike her – where had all her words gone?

She tried to be indignant, and put a hand on her hip, tilting her head to the side. “Is that how you learn languages, son of the water? By kissing others? I would say that you should’ve asked first, but I guess that’s impossible in your situation…” She sighed – it couldn’t be helped. Plus, Mortilla seemed to really like him, for some reason, and Mortilla’s sense of judgement was usually better than Momo’s. Best to let him off the hook. Erika, however, was quite certain that it was a scam of some sorts.

“I do not think he would scam us – what reason would he have to resort to trickery?” He probably wouldn’t have kissed her if he didn’t have to, right? After all, no one had kissed her before. It was still a strange occurrence, one she didn’t know what to make of, but expect to just keep pushing forwards, as if it hadn’t profoundly affected her.

As for his questions, “We are the café girls of Amai Yume, hailing from the proud country of Japan!” she introduced, motioning to her friends all around her. “We’ve come to your planet, to…” She had to make this sound good. “…to choose the finest male of your population, to help us serve delicious cakes and pastries to young, giggling maidens. If we do not do this, our café will expire, and we will expire along with it!” Her voice grew more dramatic, she flung her arm across her forehead, in a state of despair.

“Perhaps you would like to return with us, son of the water? If you do not, we might be in a state of panic… I assure you, it is an honor to be chosen!” Mortilla seemed to look around warily – god, Momo was an excellent liar. She felt horrible, though, every bone in her spiritual body told her this was wrong, she should not interfere with this young man’s life, but it was for the café! This was for a cause bigger than herself! Wasn’t it?

KiteXX
02-03-2011, 02:47 AM
"I do have a name, Sons of the water are our profits, not what we are, i am known as Exia" He didn't really look at Momo again, his eyes fixed on the snake that she still held upon her shoulders, "Should i trust them? surely for them to hold such a beautiful creature....this is a species that lives on land is it not?" He looked right at Momo now, something deffinately was wrong, "Where is this Ja~pan? there is no land on this planet"

AriesChan
02-03-2011, 02:52 AM
"Hmm...I don't know Ericka..." Yumiko nodded some as she patted her friend on the shoulder. It was somewhat odd to her also buuut at least there will be another boy at the cafe~ Speaking of...she wondered how Kyari was doing...

~~
Kyari nodded some at his question as she fiddled with her hands, "Well..umm...the others left..and they left me in charge..but I need you guys at the front to help." She said to both him and Lucas( I think they are still together? O.o), but mostly to him. She turned her attention else where as she waited for a response. It was odd...she hadn't been the slightest bit nervous when she was talking to Aaron but now it seemed that bit of confidence has melted away.

She waited a moment before grabbing onto their hands and dragging them both to the front. By the time they got there, her face was a shade of red that would put a tomatoe to shame and she quickly turned to them both, apologized like fifty times, and then hurried over to the counter to help Andrion, who had once again been ambushed...this time by hungry customers.

Lemon Poppyseed
02-03-2011, 03:08 AM
“Japan,” Momo murmured, and she closed her eyes as she said it, as if she were breathing in its name. “It’s a beautiful country, but not one of this world, no. It’s in another cosmos – one far, far away from here – a giant cosmos, one so big, you can hardly imagine it!” She smiled, holding her hands out, trying to express how big their world was. “But we can take you there, if you wish – if you would let us, if you wish to help us in our quest to revive Amai Yume.”

He told them their name, and Momo smiled, holding out her hand to him. “Exia, correct? Will you not join us?” Mortilla bobbed her head up and down, as if to agree with all of Momo’s sentiments. She could sense something in this one, Mortilla could, and felt that, maybe, he could understand her. She is strange, Mortilla attempted to communicate, And she is perhaps a little airheaded and silly, but she can be trusted. In her care, no harm will befall you. That, Mortilla felt, was the truth, and the python hoped that he could hear her well.

“Oh, so that’s all you wanted,” Jaxon groaned, shaking his head. All she had wanted was to get his lazy ass in gear and get him to start working – there were no explanations about her just kind of leaving him hanging there. Answers, damnit, give him answers! He was about to demand some frickin’ answers, but before he could, she grabbed him by the hands and dragged him up front, then offered no instructions as to what he should be doing or anything. Again, he was hung out to dry. He turned to Lucas, who she had also dragged up front, and sighed, crossing his arms.

“I dunno about you, but girls were way easier to understand on my planet,” he muttered, rubbing his temples, trying to keep calm. She was over there working with the fiend again, and goddamnit, he almost forgot how much he hated that guy. Did she like being around him, or something, I mean really! And what the hell, he didn’t even have any clue on what the hell he was supposed to do… If Jaxon wasn’t the sort of guy who loved conflict, maybe he would’ve just gone back to looking for an exit, but hell, he needed some damn answers, man!

He came up to Kyari, put his hand down on the counter, and tilted her head toward her, curious. “You mad at me or somethin’? Ever since this mornin’ you’ve been avoidin’ me like I’ve got the plague, or whatever. I mean, give me somethin’ to do at least, yeah? Tell me to mop the floor or scare off some fangirls – don’t just leave me hangin’ like this.” He crossed his arms across his chest. “Or, better yet, you could tell me why you ran away from me this mornin’ – I mean, I’d like to know.” Maybe he was pushing it - but hell, was it a crime to want to be informed? He sighed, and scratched the back of his head. "If I scare you, or somethin', I'm sorry. Can't help it. It's in my blood."

KiteXX
02-03-2011, 03:15 AM
he kissed the top of Mortilla's head, "Very well i shall follow you, this is a wise creature..." he grabbed Momo's hand and inspected it, "This has been bothering me for a while", he rubbed his thumb over her palm and some crumbs broke loose, "What are these?" his people never had anything such as bread, but then suddenly a new question popped into his mind "Amai Yume? is that the name of you;re world?"

AriesChan
02-03-2011, 03:31 AM
Kyari blinked, highly confused as Jax walked up to her, attacked, ok not really but still, the counter, and started blurting out questions and such. She brought a hand up slowly and pushed her glasses up on her nose before looking at him. Her face was probably still as red as a baboon's bottom but she really didn't care...she was too confused and didn't quite know what to say.

"Aye..it looks like he's mad again." Andrion said suddenly as he leaneed onto the counter ,closer to Kyari. He looked from her to Jax and then back again, looking as innocent as he possibly could, "If you keep yelling like a fool, she'll have reason to run away now won't she?"

"Ah! No! That isn't it!! I mean..." Kyari bit her lip some as she thought about it...not really sure about why she had outbursts like that...it wasn't like her. Andrion blinked up at her curiously, did his yelling not phase her? It was awfully annoying to Andrion and he had just gotten there, well he guessed that was what made humans human, it took him a moment to even realize this was the closests he'd ever be to humans. Considering they were exstinct during his time(yea, I changed it a bit from his bio >.>). He shrugged some before going back to looking at Kyari, poor girl was as silent as a stone.

"Umm...I didn't..run away from you...I was just nervous," She started after awhile, "I mean..you did sort of..stare really hard at me and...the eyecontact was a bit much. I wasn't trying to avoid you though! I swear..." She fiddled with her glasses a bit before removing them and cleaning them on her apron.

Lemon Poppyseed
02-03-2011, 04:11 AM
Mortilla seemed to grin as Exia kissed the top of her head. He could really understand her, he was definitely a keeper! Too bad she couldn’t tell this to Momo, no, she could only talk to the boy, but he was intelligent, the python knew, intelligent and perhaps just as in tune with his surrounds as Momo was. Thank you, Exia. You are truly wise beyond your years, the python complemented, nodding her head up and down.

Momo, meanwhile, had no idea about the conversation taking place – but she did figure that Exia and Mortilla were really bonding… somehow… Perhaps he was affiliated with the spirits of the wise snakes? Momo giggled a little, watching Exia kiss Mortilla’s head, and replied with a laugh, “You and Mortilla must’ve been friends in a past life, perhaps? She really seems to have taken a shine to you…”

Exia took her hand suddenly, and rubbed his thumb over her palm, revealing cookie crumbs. She blushed a little – how embarrassing! Working at the café really left her laden with crumbs from all sorts of pastries, and she hadn’t even brushed all of them off her person. Exia didn’t seem to mind – and was instead curious at what sort of food could produce crumbs. “They’re called pastries, or cookies, or cakes – they’re very sweet, and absolutely scrumptious~” She couldn’t go back home and sneak a few cupcakes herself… However, at the question, Momo tilted her head, curious. “Do they not have sweets on this planet?”

At his question, Momo smiled good-naturedly, “Amai Yume – it is the name of our… of our home, you could say. It is a grand building where we serve pastries and cookies to young girls like ourselves. It brings in money, provides us with a way of living… but it is a way of life that is very hard to keep up.” She brightened. “That’s why, when the machine brings us there – to Amai Yume, we’ll need you to help us – so that our way of life can be sustained.” She turned to Mortilla, who still hung round her neck, and pet her long, slender body. “You are very brave, to want to help us,” she offered.

Before Kyari could even get a word in edgewise, there was that goddamn kitsune again, butting in, even having the audacity to speak for her. Jax’s eyes twitched, and he muttered in a low, threatening voice, “Fiend, I swear to hell itself, if you don’t –” However, the threat didn’t need to be finished, because before he could finish describing all the ways he’d exact some punishment on the fiend, Kyari stood her ground and exclaimed that no, that definitely wasn’t what she meant at all. Even Jaxon was surprised at how she had stood up for what she was trying to say, and gave a triumphant, cocky sneer to Andrion afterwards. Hah! She hadn’t been marked by the kitsune after all!

For a moment, she was silent, but then she finally explained that she was just really nervous (he had been really up in her face after all). She definitely didn’t mean to flat out ignore him at all. Jaxon breathed a sigh of relief, and seemed to look lighter, as if a heavy worry had been lifted off his chest. He laughed a little at himself, shaking his head. “Did I really make you that nervous?” he asked, unaware of how intimidating he could probably be. Ah, but this wasn’t Pyroth – back on his planet, his albinism didn’t work well for his threatening factor. But here it was a different story. He scratched the back of his head, unsure of how to apologize. “I’m… sorry,” it was almost a hard word for him to say. “I had no idea you were just nervous – hell, I wasn’t sure I made anyone nervous ‘round here, except for the fangirls, anyway…”

He held his hand out to her, hoping that the expression of shaking hands was still the same here on Earth as it was on Pyroth. “Comrades?” he asked – the Pyrothan way of asking to forge an alliance with someone. It meant – “can you and I work together, from now on?” in the simplest of ways. It wasn’t just friends, no, but something stronger than that, something that meant you were to weather through any storm together, something that was forged in battles and in conflict, but here, this sort of situation would have to do.

And strangely enough, Jax was smiling – it was an easygoing smile, one that made him appear ten times less intimidating and strangely harmless, strangely human, if he didn’t appear so before. He wasn’t even aware he was doing it, because hell if he had ever smiled before, but it could’ve lit up a room, maybe the whole damn building – the first of smiles, maybe it wouldn’t be the last.

KiteXX
02-03-2011, 04:21 AM
He smiled at Mortilla's remark but then turned his eyes to Momo she is kinda cute... "Sweets? Cookies? Cakes? Pa~stries? i know of none of these..." he didn't let go of her hand, in fact, he gripped it a little tighter at her words, "Volo videre!" he was excited. If there was such a beautiful serpent saying to trust this girl, he would. Animals don't lie, if something is lieing there is a good chance it is another Human.

G
02-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Ericka still wasn't sure about this guy. She gave him a suspicious glare, but she had to admit he seemed hardless enough, aside from... "What was that cage all about?" she asked.
Even Momo had to admit that was a bit much. Still, she could see he would be a helpful addition to the cafe, and Momo's quite literal 'sweet' talking seemed to be bringing him around to their cause. They mightn't even have to kidnap this one, and it sure would be helpful having a boy around they didn't have to force to work for them.

KiteXX
02-03-2011, 04:56 AM
"There are several Monstra in the liquid, would you have prefered me to let you get eaten by a Snar? i remember one lad, poor guy got completely swallowed before i could reach him... i failed in my duty that day, would you rather i did it again?" he didn't much care for the critisizm, but everyone had questions.

he decided he would have to watch his words and actions around them, one small mistake and they get worked up over it. but slowly he regained his composure as he felt his link to Mortilla, He still held Momo;s hand.

Aslee
02-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Kagami sighed and held her face in her hands. Here they were, taking yet another man. Sure, she'd thought they were only going to test out the machine, but obviously this fool had other ideas. Jax would kill to be home, and this idiot volunteers for it? Kagami instantly had no respect for the man.

Then again, I have no blinkin' idea what he's saying...

"I don't really care what we have to kill at this point. If those monsters want to try and eat us, so be it. I want to get home," she said. She realized she sounded nothing like herself, but did it really matter? She had been right about going to diffrent worlds. It was horrible. Today she'd been stuffed in a cage and, apparently, almost eaten by things called 'Snars', and all she wanted was to be back in the cafe, or her workshop.

Heck, at this point she be happy to be able to hear Jax's yelling, or see Lucas scribbling, or laugh at Andrion's failed flirting attempts.

"Anyone with me?" she asked waving the PADD that controlled her machine around in the air.

Lemon Poppyseed
02-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Momo could not help but let an ecstatic smile overtake her features as Exia grew more and more excited as she began to explain to him the delicacies of their world. Cookies, cakes, pastries, scones, éclairs, if Exia had never tasted them before, then she’d be the first to show him these tantalizing treats! As he held her hand tighter, Momo’s grip on him grew stronger as well – it was decided, then. There was no going back – he would come with them, and hopefully the spirits would forgive her for roping him into the chaos that was their café, but she had a feeling they would. This was all for the greater good! No harm would befall him back home.

Ericka wasn’t as impressed though, and voiced her concerns about the cage he had brought them here in. To be honest, Momo had forgotten all about that little episode, but even then, she had to hope that he’d have a good explanation! Exia, eloquent as he was, explained that the cage was to protect them from Monstra like ‘Snars’ that might be lurking in the liquid.

She grinned, bouncing on the balls of her feet. “So you have saved us then? From the vicious monsters that lurk in these rivers? How brave!” Her actions might suggest otherwise, but Momo wasn’t easily impressed. There were so many questions she had about Exia – his role here in this planet, about his prophets, the sons of the water, and about… about that kiss they had shared, and how afterwards, he had suddenly spoken in their tongue…

Kagami had her PADD machine in hand, and Momo recognized that as the signal to start getting ready to home. “Yes, let us return!” Momo exclaimed, agreeing with Kagami. She turned to Exia, swinging their hands together. “Are you ready – to see it all? Japan, Amai Yume, and cookies~?”

KiteXX
02-03-2011, 11:47 PM
"There are 27 other people who have the same job is me...they can do without. But...would you allow me to grab something of mine?" he didn't bother waiting for an answer. a small metal pin-like object floated to them and fell in his hand, he lowered his head and muttered a light prayer "Vale World fontem aquae. Si non facio quaero tuto indulgentia Brotherusue"

He allowed his eyes to close, as long as he had been in his world, he had nothing but the hatred of others, he was an outcast for failing his duty, but now he was given a new start. He had a beautiful snake to help him along the way, the gods themselves revered snakes as holy. He gripped Momo's hand, if he was to travel he wanted to be connected to something.

Mattie2009
02-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Lucas was yanked to the front of the store, much to his frustration. He watched Jax and Kyari kiss and make up, and went to take some orders while he waited for them to finish. He placed the order list upon the counter and went into the back room. It was almost serene in there; no real issues and a strange calming aura. It was almost as if something was keeping the room the way it was. Lucas began to poke through a few boxes. Lots of nothing useful. He concluded, snapping a styrofoam pellet in half with an audible crack. He wondered why he was so disappointed for a moment before making his way back towards the front.

G
02-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Monstras? Snar? EATEN?!
Ericka wholeheartedly agreed when Kagami held up the PADD, it was definitely time to go home.
It looked like the new boy had made his mind up, and Momo sure seemed pleased about it, so Ericka supposed it was yet another situation she'd just have to wait and see how it went.
"Let's go home!" she concurred, stepping close to Kagami, "before we get eaten!"
If there where really what she assumed translated to their world as monsters in the water, she guessed she could let the cage incident slide. She still didn't completely trust him, though.

Aslee
02-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Kagami nodded happily. It seemed like everyone wanted to back home. So she picked up the PADD and punched in a few coordinates. She would be just as glad to get home and relax with a few explosions, and a handful of throw-off robots. Wait a minute...

She took a minute to look up from the glowing screen to glance at Exia's face. She couldn't believe she was about to do this. Somehow kidnapping them was easier than this, easier than knowing that he was fine with leaving the only place he'd ever known. That his life was that bad. But it couldn't be, could it? There had to be somebody...

"Is there someone you need to say goodbye to? Before... Before, you know, we have to leave... for good?"

KiteXX
02-07-2011, 02:49 AM
he thought on her question, he felt he owed them at least a farewell, his orphanage had taken care of him, but it was better this way, if i dissappear, i'd rather them think i was dead..."No, nobody" he fell to the floor suddenly. He grasped at his ears as though somebody was screaming into them, then it was gone. he looked to the others from where he lay, "videtur mihi tempus est"

AriesChan
02-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Kyari smiled some as she shook Jax' hand and nodded. She was glad that the whole thing was blown over and that they were now friends again. No, comrades. She blushed a bit as she dropped his hand and then left to go and tend to some customers that had just walked in, it had definately gotten busier and she was starting to wish the other girls would hurry back..she was also starting to worry about them.

"Good evening.." She said softly as she took out her pad and waited for a group of older women to take their order. One of them was too busy looking at the boys and had to be tapped by her friend.

"I'm sorry dear! It's just..the young men here look tastier than the cakes!" She answered with a light laugh before odering. Kyari just nodded some as she wrote it down and then took it to Andrion. Andrion sighed some as he leaned up off the counter and went to give the order to the bakers. Kyari turned to go back and almost had a heart attack when she turned into Aaron, she immediately started to apologize.

"No no! It's fine, my fault actually." Aaron said with a light small, causing Kyari to blush a deep red before moving around Aaron and over to some random table. Aaron blinked a bit confused before turning to Jax, "Was it something I said?"

Yumiko yelped as she fell onto a bag of flour in the storage room, "owwiiii..." she mumbled before standing up and dusting herself off...sometimes she hated that portal!!

Aslee
02-10-2011, 01:19 AM
Kagami stood up and shook herself off. She loved that machine like she loved this cafe... but she was no going to jump back through that portal for the world. Strange, dangerous things happened in other worlds. Things she's prefer to experience on the other side of a computer screen. She tidied her still-loose hair and thought, for two seconds, that she should really go put it back up in her customary pigtails... but when had she had time?

"Is everyone okay? In the landing party, and the cafe... Hope you guys didn't get into too much trouble without us!" Kagami called out into the main room. No, really... If those guys hurt Kyari and Yumiko, there will be hell to pay. I hope they realize that. She turned to Exia, shrugging. "And this, basically, is home. ...It's not much, and a bit scary when the flocks swarm, but it's pretty cool." She offered him a half-smile that she hoped her took as: I think you're insane to come her, but, sure, why not try and make it seem nice?

No... wait. That was what she meant. She wanted him to think it meant: Welcome. Or... Ok, now she was giving herself a headache.

G
02-10-2011, 01:29 AM
Ericka landed with a thud straight on her feet, the momentum from the drop causing her to tumble forward, head over heels, and collide with Exia.
"Oh, man," she muttered, rubbing her head, and picking herself up in as dignified a manner as possible (which wasn't very) a blush rising bright crimson on her face.
"I am sooo sorry," she apologised quickly, inwardly kicking herself. That was the second time this had happened, in almost exactly the same scenario, just a different boy.
"I'm gonna go see if they need help out the front," she said quickly, removing herself as fast as possible from the room.
"Need any help, Kyari?" she asked, approaching the front counter where the girl was standing.

KiteXX
02-10-2011, 01:29 AM
"Haec tibi mundo admodum exiguum's" he rubbed the back of his head where it had hit the ground. Things were much more solid here, he made a mental note of that. He tried to stand up but instantly fell back down. He had never stood on land before, he had no idea how it was to be done. He tried once more but fell again, boats in his opinion were way better.

Mattie2009
02-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Lucas walked back to the front of the store. It had gotten slightly busier since he'd looked around the storeroom. It had quickly become a mystery why he went back there in the first place. He took a few orders, with some difficulty, and took them to the counter. He poked his head into the kitchen, before turning to take care of other things. There was nothing for him to really do now; the customers were having their orders taken, everyone was pretty much content. Then he heard the crash from the storeroom, and went to see what all the commotion was about. Strange new guy having trouble comprehending the twin concepts of solid ground and standing upright, Ericka dashing past him and Yumiko sitting haphazardly on a bag of flour.

Nothing unusual here, then.

AriesChan
02-22-2011, 12:07 AM
Another two weeks had passed and it seemed like everything around the cafe was picking up! There were more customers coming in, and not just squealing teenage girls, two bakers joined the kitchen crew, even the boss stopped by and congratulated them on improving business. Kyari was pretty positive that they stood a chance against the other cafe now and that it was only a matter of time before Amai Yume becomes number one again! She would have done some sort of fist pump into the air but that really wasn't her style...plus she was currently in the music store. Since the cafe was doing well, there was no longer any reason for them to work every single day and for the first time in a long while, the girls were off.

Kyari hummed slightly as she picked gingerly through the CDs in front of her, her mind wondered to the boys and she wondered how they were doing. The girls made a risky decision the other day....they decided to let the boys out of the cafe today. It wasn't like they knew where they were or how to get around without some guidance...but she still hoped they weren't causing too much trouble, especially Andrion...he was becoming more of a handful everyday, although it seemed like he was less liable to strip nude and hug a female customer whenever Kagami was around. Kyari signed some as she shrugged it off and picked out a CD.

"The music here is just like the ones back home, yet oh so different!" Kyari jumped as she heard a familiar voice beside her and blinked some with widened eyes as she stared at Aaron. When the hell did he get there?! Aaron smiled sweetly as he raised his hand to say hi, "I'm sorry. I did it again didn't I?" He said apologetically, talking about how he startled her. Kyari shook her head lightly and smiled some.

"Uh..no..it's my fault...I umm...startle easily." She said with a light nod of her head, a light blush forming on her face as Aaron patted her head and smiled again.

"I know, which makes me even more at fault. So...what kind of music do you like?" He asked as he turned his attention back to the CDs and looked through them, his sweet smile never lingering.

KiteXX
02-23-2011, 02:22 AM
"Ecquis spargitur sinistram?"(Hey, is there any seaweed left?)he looked to Kyari and found he was ignored, The music store. What was music again? he didn't bother trying to remember it, he prefered to be amongst the fish of the sea, but there was no way he could find his way back to Amai Yume. He prefered speaking his base language rather than the other crew's native one. For one it brought in business of those who knew his language (Not many) but also it brought in the customers who loved to hear him speak in his enchanting language.

He still hadn't tried any of the pastries, he saw how they were created, if fish wasn't involved it tasted bland to him. He almost felt a longing to return home. Almost. His life had been hell. And not the Hell in canada where it was always negative twenty degree's but the real tortuous hell. Even though his job was to captivate maidens whom he didn't care for, he prefered it here.

The outside air tasted different to him. He hated it. The more he allowed himself to breath the more lightheaded and sick he felt. He tried to follow along with the others, but was easily distacted. He took one step, and tripped, He took a huge gulp of the rotten air and choked on it, off balance, and choking, he tumbled into Kyari

Lemon Poppyseed
03-03-2011, 02:24 AM
The café had been a success, and, after a unanimous agreement, the girls (and boys!) or Amai Yume were actually taking a break, for once in their overworked lives. Momo, with Mortilla draped carefully around her neck, and set off to join the other girls. Dressed in her brown and white knee-high striped socks, Mary Jane flats, and caramel brown beret, Momo was more than excited to actually have a day-off, for the first time in… well, for the first time since they recruited the boys, at least! Kyari was set to go to the music store, which Momo was fine to go along with, but she couldn’t help but think of all the other exciting things they could be doing! The sights they could be seeing!

She noticed Exia, who she had taken a fondness to acting as a tour guide towards, since his stay here. He looked, however, quite sickly, and nearly tripped into Kyari. Momo bolted over to his side, holding his hands and pulling him up on his feet, obviously full of worry. “By the spirits! Are you alright, Exia? You look seasick! … But we’re not on the ocean, so could you be… airsick?” This was a new phenomenon in the study of medical sciences! Airsickness! She couldn’t believe it! “Maybe we should take you back inside? We could… we could make pastries, if you want! You haven’t yet to taste the pastries, of course, and I think it’s high-time you’ve seen more of the wonders of this world~” She clasped her hands together, hoping he’d agree to tag along, but dragged him along anyway, back to Amai Yume, waving Kyari onwards – to go on without her.

“Do they really not have pastries, back where you come from? What about television and ballroom dancing and restaurants and movies? Oh – I’m dying to hear of your world – I only wish we could’ve stayed their longer.” She held onto his hand tightly, making their way back to the café – he was so interesting, Exia was, if only she knew! A part of Momo even longed to return to his homeworld, to see all the sights there was to see, to travel on a gondola and ride around his watery planet… Wouldn’t it be lovely?

Jaxon had it up to here with this nonsense – he had been here for far too long, and by now, it looked like there’d really be no means of escape. He had given up trying, and a bit of his passion died a little every day. Oh, he was still angry, of course, angry at the world and angry at the injustice of his situation, but it was hard to stay so angry when he was forgetting what the fires of Pyroth felt like underneath his skin, underneath his feet… He missed slaying monsters and he wished having to fight for recognition – here, fangirls lauded him like they would a god, and he could not understand way. In the human world, he was not very impressive – just angry and full of rage that he could not bottle up or control.

The only time he relaxed was when he was with Kyari, whose presence was the only form of company he could tolerate, besides Lucas, of course. She was patient and just with him, even when he thought he didn’t deserve it. He had thrown many temper tantrums, but despite it all, she didn’t seem to loathe his presence. He couldn’t understand why for the life of him, but accepted her patience nonetheless. Today, she was at a CD store, and somehow, Jaxon found himself tagging along. He had nothing better to do, right?

“Hey Kyari,” he asked, his hands in his pockets, aloof. “The hell are CDs anyway? They look like useless discs to me.” He prodded a music-sampling stand, equipped with a set of headphones, where one could change the music to their desire. “And these ear-protector things… some crazy noise is coming out of it. Man…” He sighed, shaking his head. “I don’t think I’ll ever understand this world. There’s too much weird crap around here that we don’t have anything like, back in Pyroth.” He was complaining, but that was what he was best at, after all. At least, on the human world, that is.

KiteXX
03-03-2011, 02:38 AM
He was surprised when Momo suddenly grabbed his hand, he drifted in and out of her words, he couldn't breathe here, and it scared him. But as he was pulled along he noticed something....She's really beautiful...Mortilla...is it ok with you? he shook out his head, There's no way she thinks the same.... "I" he coughed the air was terrible... "Pastries? i could partake in a few...."as long as you're there he finished the sentence in his mind. He was too enveloped in trying to keep pace. She really is beautiful...

AriesChan
03-03-2011, 04:00 AM
"Umm..well...I can listen to anything really..you?" She asked as she turned to Aaron but he had the earphones in his ears now and she doubted he could hear her, not like she could have been heard anyway...but still. She sighed some as she noticed Jax and his anger-filled confusion. It made her laugh. Almost. She smiled slightly as she explained to him what a CD was and the 'ear protectors' and the 'crazy noise'. She thought for a moment before grabbing onto his hand and leading him over to the 'smooth jazz', she wanted to show him that not all music was loud and crazy...and perhaps it would soothe him a bit.

She grabbed the earphones and placed them over his ears gently before looking at the selection of songs and pushing the screen to select one. She smiled some before holding up a finger and mouthing the words 'be right back'. She walked to the other side of the store and looked through some CDs for her. After awhile she decided to go back to check on Jax; however, when she turned around she bumped into someone. She immediately went into an apologizing fit and bowed fifity million times before the person grabbed ahold of her and placed a finger to her lips. It was then she realized the person she had bumped into was a male...and he was holding her awfully close. She looked up slowly with slightly widened eyes, her blue orbs meeting with gleaming chocolate brown ones, "Calm down, babe." He said in a smooth voice and Kyari could feel her face heat up.

"I-I-I-I-I..." She stuttered some causingthe male laughed some before kissing her forehead lightly; if the closeness didn't stop her heart...that definitely did.

"You're kind of cute when you stutter like that....hey! Don't you work at Amai Yume?" He said with a light grin before letting out a grimace and rubbing the back of his head as a female hit him.

"If she does then you shouldn't be anywhere near her now should you?!" She said, her voice filled with anger and a hint of disgust. Kyari blinked as she regained her senses..what was going on...? She watched the two bicker back and forth and grasped some when she heard that they were workers from the rival cafe, "We're out of here! Come on Daisuke!" She said before grabbing the male by his ear and dragging him out, even in his embarassing state he still managed to blow a kiss to Kyari and whisper 'call me'.

Lemon Poppyseed
03-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Momo was always glad to be back ‘home’ – at Amai Yume, which acted more like a home than her real home had these days. After finally dragging Exia back here, she placed her hands on her hips and took in the atmosphere. Perhaps it was strange – to want to be at work on one of her few days off – but she loved it here, at this small café, and when its doors were open to the public there was no time to show Exia around like she wanted to. Now that they were finally here, Momo dashed behind the counter, curtsying before Exia, then rummaged behind the counter, pulling out a silver tray of different types of deserts.

“I’ve got raspberry danishes, cinnamon buns, and… oh, my favorite! Caramel-filled melon bread! You’ve got to try at least one, Exia!” she offered, waving the tray back and forth. She stopped for a moment, thinking – they did have fresh ingredients around here, couldn’t they make some desserts of their own? She placed the tray down on the counter, scavenging through a mountain of recipe books they kept on the counter, before pulling up her favorite one – the Pastry Book. “Or, we could make our own desserts, if you want! I know you’ve never made a pastry before, but if you want, I’d be glad to teach you!” She offered a smile to him, and even Mortilla, wrapped around her neck, seemed to grin in agreement. She could not read Exia’s thoughts, but she could easy read the feelings he felt on his face.

Kyari was always so patient, it was something that he could never understand, but really admired. She calmly explained what CDs were – apparently, they were disc-like devices that held ‘music’ in them, and music, well, apparently there were different types of them, and not of it was crazy and loud. She grabbed his hand, and Jaxon couldn’t help but notice that she wasn’t really as afraid of him as she used to be – before, she had freaked out when he had got too close to her, but now she was willing to touch him, now she was a little brave. He couldn’t help but smile a bit at that – but why he was smiling, he wasn’t too sure.

She took him toward the jazz section, and as he placed the headphones around his ears, he found that this music wasn’t so wild – it was actually, calming, soothing. He was almost in a trance as he let the music sooth his fiery soul, and nodded softly when she said that she’d be right back. He wasn’t sure how long he spent rifling through different jazz tracks, sampling all they had to offer greedily, and actually smiling as the different, slow rhythms were played, as if it were acting as a healing salve for his soul. He wanted to find her – to thank her for introducing him to this ‘music’ that was a lot more interesting than he thought it would be…!

Aimlessly, he went back to go find her, only to see an arrogant looking kid attempting to flirt with her, who was being dragged away by someone who appeared to be his girlfriend. He snarled, most of the peace he found in the smooth jazz broken, and would’ve ran after him – because how dare he harass Kyari! – but he was already gone. Jaxon swiveled back toward her, and, as usual, was full of concern. “Kyari! Are you alright?” he asked, red eyes scanning her for any injuries, despite the fact that he had probably only talked to her. “Want I should go after that bastard? Damnit, the hell’s people’s problems today…” He sighed, shaking his head. “What did he say to you? I can still go after him, if you want, and teach him a lesson…”

KiteXX
03-06-2011, 01:33 AM
He was suddenly faced with so many choices he had no idea what to choose. He leaned over the counter and surveyed his options...he had come to an impasse. They all looked....Plain. No flair, no appeal. He allowed his eyes to meet Momo's, "I cannot not decide. They all look so.....Good?" he reached out and ran his hand along Mortilla. The smell of the bakery had filled his lungs once more, The scent of fresh cookies lingered in the air, the smell of strawberries mixing into it. It didn't smell bad...It smelt a lot like home....He leaned in towards Momo and kissed her on the cheek. i won't last much longer...Why do i feel so....odd.

Memories ran through his mind. He was young again, just assigned his job, he waited at the edge of the water, his jetski at the ready. There were two screams. A mans, and a womans. he was off. he had the woman in the cage soon. All that was left was the man. The village chief. He had almost made it to him when a giant Shark/Snake, bit the man in half. His first encounter with a Snar.

Once he found himself back into the real world, out of his memories something was off. He hadn't been standing there. and there was a new smell. it was sweet. He had hugged Momo from behind. in that split second where he thought of the man, he replaced him with Momo. He then decided he would protect her no matter what.

Lemon Poppyseed
03-06-2011, 04:56 PM
The worst thing to do when lying to Momo was to look her in the eye.

Immediately, she could tell – by the way his voice turned what should have just been a statement into a question, by the unimpressed look in his eye – that he certainly did not think that these sweets all looked so good. Being so spiritual, being someone in tune with all bonds of nature around her, made it easy for her to pick out lies, and even if they were little white lies, a lie was a lie nonetheless. Instantly, her face fall, and she pouted, crossing her arms over her chest. He did kiss her though – and wrapped his arms around her, but the timing was definitely wrong and Momo would have none of it.

“If you don’t think the sweets look good, you could just say so, Exia,” she mumbled, pulling away from his grasp. “We could’ve just made some together, you know, if you thought that. I wouldn’t have been offended.” She was offended by the lie, however, and now crossed her arms, looking at him, wondering if an apology would really fix anything.

KiteXX
03-06-2011, 06:29 PM
"I'm sorry Momo...i didn't want to offend you by telling you that they didn't look appetizing. i'm sorry... what wou-" his head exploded with pain. So much so that it brought him to his knees. He remembered. A memory he locked deep into his past.

It was his first diving mission. He was to investigate a shipwreck. Easy enough. Nobody told him it was Monstra infested. He dove to the depths and swam between the corral to reach his destination. His helmet was locked in place and his airtank was nearly full. then A Snar appeared, This one fifty times larger than the first one he encountered. It had twelve rows of razor sharp teeth, and fins the size of a house. He armed himself. He had no choice but to fight it.

He shot his Harpoon but it failed him, the beast could stir the currents. He couldn't fight, nor run away. He was doomed. He did the one thing that his people could do. He fused his pet into his energy, and suddenly a bolt of electricity shot out of his body, everything short-circuited. His air tank exploded and, he passed out from blood loss. he failed his mission. Again.

His brain pounded with pain as memories flooded in. old forgotten ones. The ones that hurt the most. he looked up at Momo. He tried saying something but no voice emerged. a small symbol appeared on the back of his hand. An arrow. He fell to his back. he felt the pain even more so. and then- It was gone. His hand burned, but he payed it no mind. He knew what it meant.

He pulled himself of the floor, and once more gained balance. He was given the knowledge of his elders. He was a chosen one in Weyard. It wasn't just his memories now. But memories of thousands of years ago. He tried to brush off what had happened. He assured Momo he was fine. "I hope you accept this as an apology..."He pulled the metal pin-like object from his pocket, and upon closer examination, its form emerged. It was a small flute. He played slowly, softly, putting his feelings into each note. The Melody was unknown to this world, but in his own, it was the Song of Sorrows. The song that was played to those whom were wronged.

AriesChan
03-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Kyari shook her head some before looking up at Jax, "Umm..no it's fine..he just...um...kissed..me?" It was weird. The phrase sounded so foreign to her it may have well been in another language. Though it just happened mere moments ago, saying it sent unpleasant...pleasant...no they were definitely unpleasant shivers down her spine. She turned around and picked out a CD, "Umm...did you like the music? We could get you a CD also?" She asked as she headed back to the smooth jazz section and picked through the CDs, she wanted for him to come over before looking up at him, "Umm..which one?"

~~~
After the episode at the music store, Kyari paid for the CDs and headed out, she told Jax and Aaron that there was a beach near by and since it was a clear day, she wanted to take a walk there. Aaron agreed to tag along, after all he had nothing else to do and he was interested in seeing just how similar this world was to his. It didn't take long for them to get to the beach and the moment she neared the sand, Kyari discarded her shoes and ran to be closer to the water.

"Wow...the water is so clear! Heh!" Aaron said with a light laugh, he watched Kyari take off, sort of a new site for him because he had never seen her move so fast and be so ambitious to even take off her shoes. He looked around some before spotting a snow cone stand, "Hey do you want one?" He asked Jax as he pointed to the stand before starting to walk over to it.

~~

Andrion was currently sitting in the middle of a park. It was crowded but he half way expected that..after all it was an absolutely beautiful day. He closed his eyes and breathed in the scent of the air deeply and let a light purr escape his throat as he opened his eyes again. The air calmed him..the park itself calmed him. It reminded him some what of home..when there wasn't any pointless war going on. He sighed some as he hugged his legs to his chest and rested his chin on his knees. I wonder how they are doing... He thought, thinking about his family.

Lemon Poppyseed
03-08-2011, 12:34 AM
At first, she was still not amused, her hands still crossed over her chest. His apology did end up appealing to her softer side, though – at the end of the day, Momo really was a big softie at heart. She was going to turn to him, roll her eyes and play coy, and thought of suggesting that perhaps he would be forgiven, but just this once – alas, she never got to speak those words. Before she could even react to Exia’s apologetic words, he was down on his knees, distraught by some invisible pain that had taken over his body.

It was easy to see the worry dancing in her eyes. “Exia!” she yelled aloud, stooping down towards him, trying to shake him back to his senses. It was no use though – it was like he was in another world. “Exia! C’mon, are you okay?” Her petite hands still shook him, this time a little harder, but despite all her best efforts, he would not awaken.

Mortilla hissed towards him, trying to read his emotions, and sensed that his pain was not physical, but mental. There was a war waging inside Exia, and right now, he swam in a sea of cold memories that was too much for his body to bear. “Stay strong, Exia,” was all the help the ball python could provide. The snake could not read his thoughts – but found that it would be helpful if she could. Momo was so in tune with spiritual powers – perhaps she could find a way for her to communicate with the lad. It would be helpful in the future…

Finally, Exia did awaken, but he did his very best to blow off what had happened. It was frustrating; to think that he had been in so much pain but would not even tell her why, and she found bitter tears stinging at her eyes, but she would not let them fall. She would not. What surprised her the most, however, was when Exia pulled a metal flute forth from his pocket, and, hoping that he would accept his apology, began to play.

The tune was sad, but bright with optimism and hope for the future – as if to say, ‘despite how things are now, things will be better in the future.’ To think, she had just scolded him for telling a petty white lie, and, even after feeling some mysterious pain, he only thought of how to make her happy?

“Exia…”

Those bitter tears did fall down her face now, and she rushed towards him, hugging him tightly, shaking her head. “I’m sorry Exia,” she apologized through her sniffles. “You were in so much pain just now – and that song – it’s so pretty, I’ve never heard of it before.” She smiled a little, pulling away. “We’ll – we’ll make whatever pastries you want, and they’ll be the tastiest pastries you’ve ever eaten, okay? We’ll do it together!” She felt her face turn red – what a fool she’d been before! He’d been so sweet to her before – had even kissed her – and she had been angry at him. He would probably never do that again, since she had been such a cow…

“H-He what?!” Jaxon roared, unable to control his outburst. That punk-ass kid… had kissed Kyari?! God, whenever someone had flirty thoughts and even got one centimeter near Kyari, it pissed him off so bad that he could hardly even think, but he wasn’t sure why. It wasn’t as if he owned her or anything, it was just… Well, Kyari was so shy, who else was gonna protect her?! Not those crazy friends of hers who weren’t even here right now.

He sighed, trying to calm down. Kyari wasn’t a princess trapped in a castle – she had probably got along just fine before he came in the picture, after all. He took deep breaths, calming down, slowly, but steadily. When asked about the CDs, he could barely remember what a CD was, before hurriedly saying, “Oh! Yeah, sure, that’d be cool – if you’re okay with it, that is.” She did end up buying him a smooth jazz CD that he got to pick out – but when she did so, he couldn’t help but feel as if he should be the one doing something nice for her…

Later, at the beach – somehow, Jaxon had been dragged here by Aaron and Kyari, but it was refreshing to see Kyari so pumped up about something. He grinned, watching her take off her shoes, so eager to go to the beach and have some fun. There was something about Kyari’s smile that calmed Jaxon down. She was patient and kind, and liked the small things in life – hell if they had beaches back in Pyroth, and even being here, he wasn’t sure what the big deal was, but if Kyari liked it, then it was fine with him.

Aaron was looking up at him now, offering to buy him a snow cone, and Jax nodded, the smallest of smiles on his face. “Snow cone? Sure, I guess – I’ve never had one before, to be honest.” There was no such thing as cold refreshments on Pyroth either… Still, he was determined to try one, and if Aaron was buying, then all the better for Jax. As they stood at the snow cone stand, Jaxon looked back toward Kyari, and then added, “Hey, let’s get one for Kyari too.” It was a start – he felt like he should give her something more, though, not just a snow cone. She had done so much for him – if not for her, he probably never would adjusted to this place…

KiteXX
03-08-2011, 12:40 AM
He could see it in her eyes, the sadness. The fear. Perhaps some regret. He leaned down and kissed her. Maybe, he thought, Maybe i can make it disappear. He broke away and pulled on some of his light gloves so as to hide the mark, but a glow still penetrated the fabric. "Yeah... Together."

AriesChan
03-08-2011, 02:07 AM
(( omg Lemon T.T that made me effin cry ))

Kyari had set her shoes and the bag of CDs into her messenger bag, now she wished she had bought a towel or umbrella..a bathing suit even! There was just something about being near the water that made her want to be emerged in it, she smiled a bit as she took a step into it, a light shiver running through her body, it was cold as usual but she didn't mind. She rolled up her pants some and walked a bit further into the water, bending down some to reach in and pull out shells, there was a bright red one that particularly caught her eye and she blushed slightly as she thought of Jax. She didn't know where the thought came from nor why it made her blush but it was just...interesting.

She studied the shell some before walking into the water more, by this time she wasn't even thinking about her pants. It was...interesting. She was quiet and peaceful like a small wave and Jax was..explosive like a volcano. The moment she had seen the water she couldn't help but be apart of it and she can't even think of a time where Jax isn't thinking about the fires back on Pyroth. They were...so so different and yet...she shook her head some but she couldn't stop her heart from beating fast. She brought her hand with the shell in it up to her chest and took a few deep breaths as she stared down into the water glistening under the sun.

"Sure! I think she'd like that." Aaron said with a light grin, "Umm...do you know what flavor she likes?" Aaron blinked some before looking back to where Kyari had ran too, he didn't see her on the beach and looked around a bit worried, "Where did sh--oh! there she is..um..let's get her something blue..." He said as he spotted her in the water before turning back to the man with a kind smile, "Hi! Can I get one bubble gum flavor, one wild cherry flavor, and one cinnamon flavor!" He asked, smiling to Jax some. The man nodded some before making the snow cones. Aaron paid and handed Jax the cinnamon flavored one while he held the other two.

"She's over there." Aaron said as he nodded his head in Kyari's direction, she was deeper in the water now and it seemed like she was picking up something, as he looked he noticed she already hand a much of stuff folded up in her shirt. He began to eat his snow cone as he walked over to the edge of the water, "Kyari! Hey!! We got you a snow cone!" He shouted over to her, waving it slightly. Kyari looked up and smiled some, moving a piece of hair behind her ear, before walking over to Aaron.

"Um...thank you Aaron. You really didn't have too..." She bowed some as she took out the bag of CDs, removed the CDs and replaced them with the shells, before taking the snow cone.

"Of course I did, besides it was Jax' idea!" Aaron explained with a slight grin.

"Oh.." Kyari bowed to Jax slightly in thanks before she remembered the shell, "Oh!...Umm...I found this and it...reminded me of you.." Kyari said the last part in a sort of hush tone as he face started to heat up again. She pulled the red shell from the bag and handed it to Jax before quickly looking away and eating her snow cone, unfortunately she took to much and stood there grimacing for about five minutes and clutching her head. Aaron couldn't help but chuckle slightly.

"Slow down, Kyari!" Kyari just nodded slightly, still staring away from them, this time the blush was from embarrassment.

G
03-08-2011, 03:31 AM
Ericka sat on a rock with her toes in the water, looking out over the waves. A book sat open, face down in her lap where she'd laid it to just sit and think for a moment.
A part of her wished she had someone to talk to, but at the same time, she liked being alone. It seemed she was less clumsy, more composed when she was by herself, a bit of a cruel truth but truth nonetheless.
As her eyes scanned the waves, she caught sight of a slim figure standing a ways out into the water, bending over to pick something up. The girl straightened, and Ericka saw that it was Kyari. She made her way back out to the sand and approached another two, Jax and the new boy.. well, one of them. What was his name again? Aaron, that was it.
Ericka thought for a moment about going to join them, but they didn't look like they were going anywhere, so she decided to stay where she was for the moment, enjoy the silence and stillness before she stood up and no doubt ended up face first in the sand, making a fool of herself as usual.

Mattie2009
03-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Lucas was lying in the storage room. A glass half-full of soft drink fizzed by his side, and his open notebook displayed diagrams and drawings of tech native to his world. The storage room was the only reliably quiet place in the cafe, even with the occasional rowdy customer. Peace and quiet seemed like a rarity in this world, with the roar of pedestrians the neverending bassline to which the city played to. How faux-poetic. He thought, wondering what he could do. He had already decided against going out, but with the continued lack of options, he may have no choice but to go somewhere. He picked up a screwdriver from the floor and began to examine it, feeling the weight of it on his palm and turning it over. Cute. Came a voice in the back of his mind. You look the stupidest you've ever looked since you got here, you know that?