PDA

View Full Version : The Eternal Soldier episode 1

SikstaSlathalin
11-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Journal of the Scribe at the fall of Fort Cragstake
By Laup Athom

June 12th in the year 1300

The low sun was burning brilliantly in the sky promising a gorgeous day but I couldn’t appreciate it because since daybreak, I’ve been out the gates of Fort Cragstake with General Aker, Werp, and Rolland. We’ve been searching the peasants coming into the base, word's gotten to us that the Savages are waging a full attack on us they’ve landed by the boatloads on the shore of the Gray Sea I was just recording the names and background info on the refugees. Normally we wouldn’t have taken such measures but our Scouts also tell us that the witch Maria DeBange is with them. She’s known as the Plague-Bringer every story about is as wild and nasty as the descriptions about her. From being a Dwarf with wild red hair to a giant, balding and with huge fangs, to be honest no one knows what she looks like but one thing we can use to identify her is the mark of a Witch a W birthmark on her palm. I think Witch lore is just a bunch of nonsense made by mothers to scare their kids to stay home at night but better to be safe than sorry.* The checks were going along well everyone wanted to get into the fort before the attack so they were all cooperating well, a few people were too scared to keep a straight sentence but eventually I got it out of them. I was growing kind of bored with it all wanting to go back to my training but I’m stuck, luckily an angel shined on me and awoke my dozing mind. Ok not an actual angel but close enough in my opinion, a beautiful woman dressed in a simple green dress walks up carrying a leather pack and an old tome on what looked like Weaving. Rolland checked her over like he was touching easily breakable glass. Her fair cheeks flush as he touches and scans her skin despite the blushing she keeps calm through the whole thing. I couldn’t help but stare I even dropped my quill a few times and dived after it the maiden smiled and laughed a little. Not wanting to embarrass the fine lady anymore he waves her onto me. As she draw near my mouth was hanging open in awe like the right fool I am.
“Hello Mr. Recorder, are you going to start writing or just let flies nest?” I shook my head and began writing down she told me her life and all that stuff. To be honest I barely noticed I was trying with all my might not stare at her, a radiant smile paired with her beauty, oh intoxicating. Once I finished I looked up then away and said.
“Welcome to Fort Cragstake Ms. Etna.” She gave me a little smile then goes into the fort helping an old man with his basket of belongings. Foolishly I watched her vanish among the masses I was so enthralled that I didn’t even notice the couple in front of me waiting to get by.
“Laup… Laup Athom, pay attention!” I started looking as Werp shouted, quickly regaining my composure I got back to work. Dinner rolled ’round and I was hoping she’d be there and the Fates decided to be nice for a change and sat her across from me. And you can guess what was going on; we were passing glances the whole night. The dinner was a well-sized one, six courses with any drink you could want. The party die down by the third course, and we managed to slip away. I met her by the door to the garden. She gave me another one of her angelic smiles and took my hand.

SikstaSlathalin
11-10-2009, 04:12 PM
If anyone like this story I can't put more up until I get some feedback.

Zymbaline
11-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Wow. You sure are talented, Zorro.
Keep it up. You just got yourself another fan! *meow*

SikstaSlathalin
11-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Gracias my lovely Lolita

Cleopatra
11-26-2009, 03:10 AM
Fix the grammar, expound on the situations, more description, more thought.

Other than that it looks promising.