PDA

View Full Version : Avatar: Shadow's Children

Pyro
11-10-2009, 12:36 AM
It was sunset. Former Earth General Shang surveyed his surroundings with an expression of begrudging satisfaction. Several warriors from around the world stood before him, each one selected for their unique talents. They had before them a task more dangerous than any of the main troops fighting the war: search, destroy, and leave any stragglers behind.
Among these warriors stood Waterbender twins, identical in every way apart from obvious gender differences. These twins were among the first chosen, having escaped their restricted life in the Northern Tribes to fight for a cause they believed in. The General, despite having chosen them himself, felt a little uncomfortable in their presence. Neither of them seemed to have any change in expression and both hardly spoke a word since they were inducted. Their unusually dark blue eyes also creeped the hell out of him.
The General cleared his throat and began,
"Alright, listen up! This ain't the military and it ain't kindergarten so there's only one rule set in stone: Get the job done at whatever cost. We have heard tell of a weapon made entirely of metal and fueled by Firebending. Not only is it impossible for another Bender or a non-Bender to commandeer the thing but its design allows a Firebender to blast a fireball out a narrow tube at anything within a hundred feet. Your mission is to find the plans for this weapon, destroy them, and kill anyone involved. Are we clear on that?" He didn't wait for an answer before continuing. "Obviously, I am too old to go with you. That's why I'm appointing the twins to command. Now, I know they're young but I want everyone to pay attention and follow instruction from them." He glared in particular at the oldest of the group, a burly Earthbender. The General sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Dismissed." He hated sending kids into such a dangerous mission but they were the best of the best and were the only ones who could.

(OOC : Heyyy! So yeah, third person, first post is longer cause it's introductory, and my next post will be in the POV of Kai/Kasumi)

StormWolf
11-10-2009, 06:16 AM
Aun was a seasoned soldier of countless battles. He had served kin and country without question and without reserve. Well known across the ranks for his brutal rendition if the already harsh Hung Gar style, he was chosen for this project for several reasons, but one stood out: He doesn't play nice.

The burly Earthbender served under the former General Shang for the majority of his life. When the general brought Aun into the task force, he was very pleased. That chenged when Aun was told he was to answer to two youthful Waterbender featherweights. Aun was old enough to be their father.

The only reason the veteran did not protest the general's decision was the fact that they nearly came to blows over the matter the night before. Aun was the superior in strength of body and will as well as having almost twenty years more experience than the twins did.

When Shang frowned at Aun, the soldier's brow furrowed as he made a disdainful sniff. Straightening his back, Aun folded his arms, his hands disappearing into the sleeves of his heavy, dark crimson gi robe.

I hope you know what you are doing, old timer..., Aun thought as he glared back at Shang with his one blue eye, the other fogged and glossy.

nonangelic92
11-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Rae looked at the twins, they weren't very much older than her and they just seemed a little...creepy she thought to herself. She saw a older Earth bender and ran up to him. "Hello," Rae thrust her hand towards the older Earth bender, "I'm Rae what's your name." The older Earth bender introduced himself as Aun. "Well nice to meet you Aun. So what do you think of our new leaders?" Rae asked Aun with a very serious look.

While Aun spoke, Rae thought about how she got herself into this "best of the best" army. She was just practicing her Earthbending skills when a few Fire nation soldiers snuck up on her, and attacked her from behind. Luckily she knew how to deal with the low-lifes, and destroyed all of them before they could say Flying Bison. But then that's how General Shang found her, fighting the Fire nation soldiers and that's basicly how she got recruited to this new army. Rae pulled herself outta her mind, to see that Aun was just staring at her. She raised an eyebrow, "What?"

Pyro
11-11-2009, 02:50 AM
OOC :Whoa, whoa, time out. Are you god-moding? Or did you previously discuss this with StormWolf?

nonangelic92
11-11-2009, 02:54 AM
OCC : I have no idea what god-moding is and I asked Stormwolf about it and he said it's no big deal, I just gotta ask sooner next time.

mcstringer
11-11-2009, 04:36 AM
Simian Yaq just quietly stood there. He knew he was on borrowed time. A Fire-bender in Earth Nation territory was either adled in the brain, or wanted to be a rock sandwich, which, Simian felt, did not describe him one bit. When the General gave him the choice of life and go on a mission against his homeland or go to an Earth Nation prison camp, Simian piped up and signed on the dotted line for the whatever kinds of crazy the mission was.

It may be his home, but they took his family, and Simian does not forgive something like that. However, when he heard the mission was to find the weapon the Firelord was building, his sense of self-preservation kicked in. Another reason he was recruited besides being a Firebender was that he could get in and out of near anywhere without much trouble. When times were bad, he and his family turned to theft to get by, and Simian's mind was already calculating a dozen possible ways to get the blazes out of dodge before next sun-up.

StormWolf
11-11-2009, 04:58 AM
The veteran Earthbender almost winced at the high pitched, youthful voice of Rae. His blue eye watched her bounce her way over to where she was standing. Next to him, she looked…. fragile.

”Hello, I'm Rae what's your name?” The young Earthbender’s voice sounded like a brass wind chime compared to his own. He looked at her hand for a moment before gripping it with his own and shaking her hand. Holding back on his handshake slipped his mind, squeezing Rae’s hand deathly tight.

“Hello Rae. I am Aun.” He said in his baritone voice. He let her hand go and returned his own to the wide sleeves of his gi robe.

"Well nice to meet you Aun. So what do you think of our new leaders?" Rae’s voice chimed again as Aun’s gaze drifted to the two twins. Their strangeness did not bother him. He had seen worse and weirder things in his time in the army.

“Hmph. Personally, I think Shang is putting too much faith in these two inexperienced younglings. One of which is not even supposed to fight….” Aun grumbled deeply. He looked back over at Rae, who seemed to be lost in her own world. The veteran quirked an eyebrow and looked at her with his one blue eye and one dead eye.

”What?” Rae exclaimed, looking Aun in the eye. He couldn’t help but chuckle lightly at her. Poor girl, she had no idea how dangerous this mission really was. Still, that childish innocence was refreshing; it made the veteran Earthbender feel younger.

“Nothing. Nevermind.” Aun said almost sternly as he surveyed the group. The fact that they had a Fire Nation local was risky at best. Yes, he could prove to be a valuable asset, but the chances of him sympathizing with the enemy were too high for Aun's tastes.

Pyro
11-11-2009, 08:04 PM
OOC :Yeah, please do. Only write what your characters do/say, please.

God-moding is when you control (even a little bit) what another player's character does/says. It is against site regulations and really ticks me off. Please be careful.

StormWolf
11-11-2009, 08:37 PM
((this is the only time I will do this: keep OOC chat in the OOC THREAD! please! Otherwise it ruins the flow of the rp. Now someone post an IC POST. we all know the rules. I gave her permission to post some of my characters actions via PM.))

Pyro
11-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Kasumi of the Northern Tribes skimmed her dark blue eyes over her teammates.
"Great," she mumbled, catching Kai's attention, "A spacer, a musclehead, and a kid. This'll be tougher than we thought." Kai sighed and pulled on his quiver full of tipless arrows.
"Don't worry about it," he murmured back, "The General knew what he was doing when he picked them. Just be glad he put us in charge instead of them." He's right again, Kasumi thought, checking her bladeless daggers in their straps on her belt.
"Shall we move out now?" she asked in a low voice, calmed by her brother's wisdom. Kai nodded.
"You give the order." Kasumi ran a hand through her short brown hair and turned to the group.
"Listen up!" she barked, a total change in volume and tone, "We don't have time to go around making friends. We will not deal with any crap in Hei An. We don't care how much experience you have or how cute you are or where you come from. You have a job to do and we expect you to do it and do it right. Our first camp is a day's walk from here. We won't hear any bitching about it! Now move!" Kai patted his sister's shoulder and whispered to her,
"Nice going. Now they hate you."
"You told me to give the order, genius!" she hissed back, "Let's show the way already." They set their course North and began walking.

nonangelic92
11-12-2009, 04:19 AM
Rae looked at Aun, "Okay. I think the General had a brilliant idea, making teenagers leaders a group full of people. Just think how confused the Fire nation will be, if we gotta attack." Rae smiled loving her view of the general's plan. One of the twin's yelled, "Listen up! We don't have time to go around making friends. We will not deal with any crap in Hei An. We don't care how much experience you have or how cute you are or where you come from. You have a job to do and we expect you to do it and do it right. Our first camp is a day's walk form here. We won't hear any bitching about it! Now move!"

Rae swung her bag over her shoulder and began walking with the group, following the twins. She looked around herself, to see only one other person so far in the group besides Aun. The guy looked sorta like a circus juggler, but with a more stern look. "He's sorta cute, Rae thought to herself. Rae shook her head, this is not the time to be finding someone to crush on.

StormWolf
11-12-2009, 05:59 AM
Aun couldn't help but chuckle at the little Northern Clan girl playing the part of the big, tough leader. Her barking orders sounded like a puppy's yip compared to what he grew up with.

"Hehehe.... Oh, this will be just peachy." the veteran Earthbender muttered as he started walking North, not waiting for the others or for the mighty-mini ones to lead. He figured it would be best to distance himself until his temper cooled. Aun had never had a record with opposing authority, but having some fresh-faced children, Waterbenders, no less, lead this task force in leu of a trained, hardened, and experienced professional did not sit well with him. He was not envious or jealous in the least, but he knew he would eventually be the one they would all run to when things got too messy. Papa Aun cleaning their damned diapers. The veteran sighed, closing his eyes and keeping them closed.

I hope those puppies have a bite to back up their yipping. Aun thought to himself as he walked.

SikstaSlathalin
11-20-2009, 08:03 PM
The quiets chants of his brothers fill the ears of a young warrior monk seated before the idol. Candles burn brightly around him, dancing with a more vivid flame then the others. They seem to bow and weave with the rising and falling of the monk's breath.
"Oh may re ko pom ummmm. Oh may re ko pom ummmmmmm." His voice dirges throughout the temple joining it's brother's growing into something like a low buzzing. The young man's chanting continues for many hours his lithe but sculpted body unmoving from the lotus position. The fire of the candles around him suddenly grow in height and move with more life then they did before. The young monk's voice gets deeper and more monotone and soon the bystander could clearly hear it above the other monks gathered around the idol. Young monks in training not allowed to meditate with the Elders stopped doing their chores and watched the strange young man in orange robes and pants with symbols of fire adorning them. They've heard the Elders speaking of a Brother named Fa Zu who was given control over fire, they spoke of how he was trained by the Monks of the far west. Not knowing any better the young boys thought he was some kind of freak. But one look at the deadly blades resting at his side put them more into a state of awe then resentment. Not many Monks were allowed to be warriors so coming across one was always a treat.

An Elder caught the boys staring and rapped them lightly on the heads sending them back to work. Fa Zu's chanting returned to the normal pitch and he slowly opened his dark eyes. A deep breath escapes his lips and all the candles around him snuff out like they've been sucked up. He bows his head to the idol then stands strapping the swords back on fixing the straps around his shoulders and tying the cross-strap about his chest. With one last bow he turns and walks for the door. He smiles at an Old Monk and bows deeply.
"Thank you for letting me meditate at your temple Master." The old man smiles bowing back.
"Think nothing of it my son. Farewell and may the Teacher bless your travels." The two men part ways and Fa Zu looks at the red skies. It just noon when he arrived he'd been meditating longer then he thought.
"Hopefully I'm not too late for the meeting." He begins walking in the direction he vaguely got from a Farmer in the city. Soon he sees a large man in a crimson rope walking in his direction. From the sheer size and power the large man had Zu guessed he was an Earthbender. Who better to know where to find an Earthbending General then an Earthbender? Walking up to the large man Zu bows lightly then says.
"Greetings Brother could you perhaps tell me where I may find General Shang? I have a meeting with him and I'm afraid I may be late. I was meditating at the Temple in the city and got side-tracked." He keeps a polite smile on his face looking the large man in the eyes.

mcstringer
11-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Simian thought someone was staring at him, but he shrugged it off to nerves and kept on walking. Great I have to follow thing 1 and thing 2 to get my family back. I should have not been so stupid to steal in the middle of the day, but noooooo I just had to have that gggggrrrrr...

Simian bagan to juggle his torches in a simple circluar pattern as they walked. Some monk bender stopped near Aun, and noticing the old fart did not see him. He decided to be a good citizen and inform him.

"Hey Fido, some one asked you a question. I know you can be hard of hearing at that height, but be kind enough to try and listen."

nonangelic92
11-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Rae looked back to see who was yelling, it was the juggler. Rae stopped dead when he called Aun Fido, like he was some dog. "Um, excuse me, but he is not a dog, and if I was you I wouldn't call him Fido unless you wanna be smashed by rocks."

Since Rae had stopped to address the rude juggler, she noticed a monk. "Hmm, he wasn't there before." she thought to herself.Rae walked back to were the monk and Aun were, she looked at the monk, "Hi the name's Rae, what's yours?"

SikstaSlathalin
11-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Zu heard and saw the Juggler insult the giant Earthbender. He couldn't help but think to himself.
Not a very wise thing to do my friend. In his few travels he's learned that insulting Earthbenders almost never turns out well. It should be obvious that ticking off someone who can crush you with the ground you walk on is a stupid idea. A strong enough Earthbender or a group of them could destroy the world. Of course same could be said for Waterbenders but they're very mild mannered. He turned his head slightly as a young woman addressed him Zu was taken a little by surprise not only was the young woman very beautiful but she also had a very interesting green dress on. Earthbenders really do have the best looking women I see. The girl's Bending was just a guess since only Earthbenders wore green but he could be wrong. Shaking his head regaining control of his body and mind he smiles and bows to the young woman.
"Greetings Rae my name is Fa Zu. I'm sorry but I must persist with my task. If none of you know where I can find General Shang I bid you all good day." With another bow he steps around the large man and young girl and continues down the road they came up.

Pyro
11-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Kasumi stopped walking and rubbed her temple in irritation. She cleared her throat in a loud, annoying manner to get the warriors' behind her attention.
"Shang is not the leader here, we are," she snapped without turning, "If you have a question about our group, you ask me or my brother. Got it?" On the last two words she spun on her heel, simultaneously drawing moisture from the air and snapping it toward the newcomer. Kai intercepted, vaporizing the water by swiftly grabbing her wrist and exhaling calmly. He sighed at the loss of temper.
"Sis, I think you might want to let me handle this," he whispered to her, gently pushing her arm down, "Remember the disadvantage." Kasumi took a deep breath and closed her eyes.
"I am too strong and must control myself," she responded, repeating the words he had taught her during their training, "I know, Kai. I am grateful every day you are with me." Kai smiled reassuringly and approached the monk.
"Hello, I don't believe we've met," he said, "The General mentioned you in our briefing. You are Fa Zu? I am Kai. My sister Kasumi and I are in charge here."
Kasumi turned her back on the group, keeping her head low. She had seen black again, as she used to in her childhood when she was ignored blatantly. I must control myself, she thought, biting her lower lip and balling her hands into tight, shaking fists, I must learn to lead without relying on Kai as my coolant. As she berated herself a noticeable drop in the temperature occurred in her general vicinity...

nonangelic92
11-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Rae raised her hand, "Um, excuse Kai, but seeing how we've been walking for a while now, will we be setting up camp before nightfall?" Rae then looked back at Fa Zu, feeling sorry that Kasumi was sorta being a witch to him. " And another thing, will we be having rest stops along the way?" Rae talked a mile per mintue, hoping that Kai could answer her questions before she thought up anymore.

StormWolf
11-28-2009, 01:25 AM
Aun had transported himself to a tranquil place, listening to the blood flowing in his head and the beat of his own heart to meditate, it helped keep himself civil. The incessent yammering of the youths behind him made the corners of his eyes twitch. He tried his best to ignore people, the monk or the juggler or the so-called leaders of the pack.

"I'm not in the position to answer questions, Juggler. And you are not in the right position to use that tone with me. Earth surrounds you, and I can make it swallow you. I have one nerve left, and you are on it." The hulk of an Earthbender stopped, looking behind him, the ground around his feet cracking, small flakes of earth floating around him. His one good eye settled on the twins, a mirthless smirk tugging at the corners of his mouth,

"Kasumi, Kai, listen closely. The first step to being a good leader is being tolerant. Cracking the whip on the first infraction will result in mutiny."

With a sigh, Aun looked at the monk, Fa Zu, his icy blue eye staring down at the fellow. "To my chagrin, the twins are right. Shang has put them in charge. If you want orders, go to them." Aun had said his fill. Tucking his hands into the wide sleeves of his crimson robe, he continued walking,

"We still have some light, let us use it well."

SikstaSlathalin
11-28-2009, 02:55 AM
Zu watched the angry young girl snap water at him his hand went to his sword and it was already red hot by the time the young man stopped the attack. He breathed over the blade cooling it and resheathed it. He bowed to the young man his air of calm unphased.
"Greetings Kai yes I am Fa Zu and please excuse my ignorance at your identities. I was under the impression that you were just travelers. He says a little louder so the Earthbender could hear him. But sadly I see that I was late for the meeting. I hope I didn't miss too much more then what he told me about a few months ago?" He scanned the rest of the group slowly. The giant Earthbender was by far the oldest and most skilled in the group, the two Waterbenders looked to be the youngest along with the female Earthbender. The Juggler didn't look much older then Zu.
This is a very interesting group you brought me to Teacher. I hope I can help them to not eat each other like starving rats. He thought looking at the young Waterbender again.
"Our mission is to collect something from the Fire nation correct?"

Pyro
11-28-2009, 03:25 AM
Kasumi's ears perked up at the sound she hated: exhaustion.
"No," she said, "We keep going until we reach the camp. It's only about a mile away now. And who are you to say we shouldn't travel in darkness? We are the Shadow's Children, are we not?" Her voice had become emotionless, her anger now directed only at herself.
Kai nodded.
"Kasumi's right," he agreed, "We must train ourselves to darkness while we still have time to grow used to one another. Come on, everyone. But to answer your question, Fa Zu, yes, we must destroy any plans, progress, or people involved with a new weapon they are working on. If you'll excuse me now I must speak with my sister." He walked quickly to catch up with his twin. He could acutely sense her pain.
"Kasumi, do you need anything?" he asked softly. She nodded once, lifting her chin and setting out once more.
"We'll talk later, after nightfall. Like always."
"It's not the content but the length of time you go without speaking that bothers me."
"I am sorry."

nonangelic92
11-28-2009, 04:23 AM
Rae listened as Katsumi talked down to her. She was gonna say something to those comment she had said, but decided againest it for the angry in her was swelling up to be great. Rae grabbed a rock about the size of her hand, maybe a little smaller, and crushed it into dusk, and threw the rock dusk on the ground. "Just breath" she told herself, "Remember angry is a weakness not a strength." She walked back to Fa Zu, "So how did you do that to your sword? Are you an firebender?" she asked jokingly.

SikstaSlathalin
11-28-2009, 04:57 AM
Zu bowed to Kai as he went over to his sister chanting quietly to himself making his way to the edge of the group planning to avoid most conflict unless absolutely necessary to intervene. He had folded his hands in front of him and was beginning his evening prayers when Rae approached him and asked if he was a Firebender. She has a wonderful smile he thought to himself before answering her with his own smile.
"Yes I am Firebender. And I learned that trick whilst I was exercising with my Brothers in the No-Liang Monastery in the far west. It only work with metal weapons though. Any wood will burst into flames and not be very useful. He unfolds his hands and makes a little fireball in his hands bouncing it around doing little tricks with it. He knew this showing off wasn't well looked upon by the Teacher but he'd meditate on his indulgence and remediate himself accordingly. The little fireball disappears and he folds his hands again.
"I hope you don't mind my asking Rae but you're an Earthbender right?"

nonangelic92
11-28-2009, 05:08 AM
Rae stopped dead in her tracks when Fa Zu told her seriously, without joking, that he was a firebender. Rae looked at Fa Zu with a death glare, "Breath Rae breath, he didn't do anything to hurt you. He may be one of them, but he never hurt you." she said to herself mentally, but Rae's angry got the best of her and she had to let it out.

Rae screamed at the top of her lungs, and bended some huge boulders into the air causing them to just hover abour the ground, about 10 feet. " Your a...a Firebender, a freakin' firebender!" she yelled at the top of her lungs. She yelled for the twins, "Kai! Kasumi! Why do we have a firebender in our group? Huh, just explain that to me. Come on, tell me, before a throw a boulder at him." Rae looked at Fa Zu, while waiting for an answer from the twins.

SikstaSlathalin
11-28-2009, 05:35 AM
Needless to say Fa Zu was more then surprised at her reaction.
Right I'll never showoff again Teacher. Without showing any surprise and fear he walks slowly toward Rae and bows deeply to her.
"I apologize for upsetting you my young friend but crushing me won't right any wrong the Firebenders have done to you in the past. It'll only make life worse for you. And I cannot as a child of light allow you to ruin your karma." He slowly walks back then with a deep breath his hands and arms begins to glow read. Taking another deep breath he leaps at the first boulder and shoves it away leaving black hand prints on the side. Not stopping his momentum he does the same thing to the other boulders. Once his life is safe for now he sucks in and his arms return to their normal color. He looks Rae in her eyes his demeanor still calm as ever.

nonangelic92
11-28-2009, 05:44 AM
Rae noticed herself get calmer after he fire-bended her boulders away. Noone has ever done that to her before. She turned away from Fa Zu feeling bad, that she almost killed him. "I'm....sorry. My anger gets the best of me, sometimes. I hope you can forgive me Fa Zu?" she said over her shoulder, not wanting to meet his eyes.

SikstaSlathalin
11-28-2009, 05:53 AM
He smiles walking over hugging her gently he releases her then goes in front looking at her eyes his smile still strong.
"I already have Rae, the Teacher speaks of never holding grudges and loving all things no matter what happens. I understand where you're coming from. I've seen much injustice brought upon others by the Fire Nation. The Teacher holds all living things as his students and we should always forgive our classmates." He smiles at her more glad then many could to not be crushed under tons of rocks.

nonangelic92
11-28-2009, 06:00 AM
Rae stood froze when Fa Zu hugged her. It's been forever since she was hugged by a person. "Thank you Fa Zu." She jumped and hugged him. She quickly released then hug, "Sorry."

Pyro
11-28-2009, 06:10 AM
Kai patted his sister's shoulder.
"I think this is a job for you," he said, "Use your anger carefully. Channel it to be your strength but not to overpower the weaker ones." Kasumi nodded and spread her arms as far as they could reach horizontally. She took in a few calming breaths before jerking her wrists upward, ripping the water from the ground. In a quick movement she had twisted her wrists backward, sending the wave toward the squabbling warriors. She clenched her fists, freezing the two in a neck-high prison of ice. She released her breath, feeling much calmer.
Kai walked back to the two imprisoned and studied them blankly.
"Rae, we do not attack our own," he said to the girl, "Firebender he may be, Fa Zu is sworn to the Shadow, just like the rest of us. The next time you attack a member of our outfit we will consider it treason and have no choice but to keep you on ice until we decide what to do with you. That goes for the others as well." The calm young Waterbender turned to the man. "Fa Zu, I understand you were acting in self-defense but we will not tolerate encouragement of assault. As a Bender in this war you should know people of the Earth Kingdom have suffered the most from it and should not be taken lightly." Kai stomped one foot, melting the ice cages. "No more arguments. We are nearly there." He returned to his place next to Kasumi.
"I like your wording," the sister said, "That the Earth peoples have suffered most from the war. No mention of how the Tribes are eating themselves from the inside out." Kai looked away uncomfortably.
"They don't need to know our strife. The war has affected everyone here. At least they didn't choose it."

nonangelic92
11-28-2009, 06:35 AM
Rae looked over to Fa Zu, and just started laughing lightly. " Wow, maybe they don't know a hug when they see one." Rae knudged Fa Zu in the side, "Come on, let's go stop those idiotic Firebenders, no offense." Rae grabbed Fa Zu's hand and started leading him towards the direction they were headed.

StormWolf
11-28-2009, 07:00 AM
The chitter of the youth's behind him was nibbling and worming it's way past his mental barriers, seeping into his conscince and welling up irritation. It was the sounds of violence that burnt the fuse of his patience out. Aun stopped, shrugging the top half of his robe off, as his did whenever he fought.

"Enough!" Aun barked in a deep, dominating voice, one of the rare times he yelled. He clapped his gloved hands together, a shockwave cracking the ground around him, the sound itself rattled the eardrums. He stomped the ground, a spike of earth jutting up inbetween Rae and Fa Zu. He turned, glaring with his eye,

"Well played. The lot of you just got us all killed. The first rule being part of a secret mission task force: Keep your mouth shut or it will be the end of you. If the thought of not talking is too painful, I can teach you soldier's hand-speak. No be quiet. You want to pretend to be adults? Here is your damned chance." The veteran managed to keep his voice harsh and sharp without really raising his voice. Yelling at them to be quiet would be horribly hypocritical. Aun stared daggers at the two who were doing the fighting, then at the leaders of the group.

"Rule number two of being a leader: Varry your blows. Being all hard or all soft in your speech will become predictable an ineffective. Rule number Three; trying to stop infighting with fighting in just going to make the circle bigger." Aun rolled the top of his Gi back on, again tucking his hands inside the opposite sleeve.

"Stop wasting the Earth Nations time, and stop wasting mine." Was all he said before he continued walking. Damned children, the lot of them.

SikstaSlathalin
11-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Zu's patience was an ocean but every ocean has a low tide and he feared this group would bring it about many hours too early. That's twice the so called leader have attacked him and now the crotchety Earthbender was barking some soldier jabber. He'd have to meditate deeply tonight.
"We may be Shadow's children but acting like Devils will only get us all killed. And if the Leaders and Elders can't set an example there's no hope for the rest of us." He more chants to himself then says. His eyes take on a harder look as he pulls his hand free from Rae's and presses it against the rock and growls a little then slashes his hand across the base of the rock cutting it. It's falls to the ground then he rolls it off the road with his foot.

He flicks his wrist and returns his hand to normal as do his eyes. The gentle calmness returns and he begins chanting quietly regaining his usually steel-like grip on his mind and powers.
"Oh may re ko pom ummmm, oh may re ko pom ummmmmmm, oh may re ko pom ummmmm, oh may re ko pom ummm." He takes a few deep breaths then stops chanting. The fire quelled for now he looks back at Rae and nods.
"Lets go before they decide to drown us."

Pyro
11-29-2009, 12:26 AM
A slight breeze blew across the land, ruffling through Kai's hair and causing him to snap his head in the opposite direction. His deep sapphire eyes closed halfway and he inhaled deeply.
"Smoke," he said, "Your dirt fighting has attracted Firebenders. All of you, come with us. There is a hidden path known only to us." He grew threateningly close to Aun, staring him down. "We will speak of time and loyalties when we are safe," he growled, "Unless you have a better plan, Kasumi and I are still the leaders. We're leaving." He changed his course to North-Northeast, leading the others through a small thicket.
Kasumi watched him the whole time, her envy burning in his chest.

nonangelic92
11-29-2009, 12:43 AM
Rae nodded to Fa Zu, "Well seems we will be seeing action after all...maybe." Rae latched arms with Fa Zu, and followed the twins into the thicket. As they were pushing through the small thicket, Rae asked over her shoulder to Fa Zu, "So what was the weird chant you were saying back there?" A thorn poked Rae in the face, "Stupid short cut, I hope my dress doesn't get torn, or there will be hell to pay."

AliceMalice15
11-29-2009, 12:57 AM
Tai stepped timidly throught the small door hidden in the palace walls. Shehad been outside many times before, but this time was different. Sozin was starting to suspect that she was some how leaving the palace walls. She would have to be careful. Tai looked around and shut the door silently behind her. As she stole down a small side street Tai caught sight of several of the guards marching past the area where she had just left. She sighed and cursed her bad luck. They were getting closer she would have to find another way to leave soon.

Suddenly a hooded figure stepped from the shadows of a door in the alley. Tai gasped and placed her feet in a defensive position. The figure approached quietly and removed its hood. It was the boy Tai had been seeing. Tai sighed and placed a hand over her heart.
"You scared me,"she giggled breathlessly,"So where are you taking me today? Whats wrong?"
The boy looked sadly at his feet and sighed. When he looked up his eyes were filled with tears.
"I'm sorry Tai,"he whispered,"I can't see you any more. It's not you. I'm so sorry I hope you can forgive me. I'm so sorry."
"What,"Tai said worriedly,"What do you mean?"
"Look I told one of the members about you ,"the boy sobbed,"And some how it got to our leader and he found out that you were Sozin's... He's going to kidnap you. Look just run don't go back to the palace they've got Hei An swarming around in there now they found your door. Just run I'll find you as soon as I can. I have to go now. I'm so sorry."
Tai shook her head as she backed away. Tears formed in her eyes and she turned and fled towards the distant forest.
Once in the city Tai began to get confused and kept running in circles. Eventually she reached the forest only to find herself captured in a small net. Tai became furious and turned to look at her captors. They were Sozin's guards. Tai began to draw upon nearby water. Suddenly she felt another source closer than the rest. The guard. Tai used her bending skills to pull the blood out of the guard and sat in the blood crying softly to herself.
Later that night Tai got up and began walking. She had no idea where she was going or why, but she kept walking until she passed out under a huge tree.

StormWolf
11-29-2009, 12:57 AM
Aun sighed, why did he even try? No matter.... He would die for each and every one of these kids and he knew it. He waited until everyone else made their way through the thicket before taking up the rear. If the Fire Nation followed, they would encounter a hardened master of Hung Gar, not a child.

They still talked, even though the Fire Nation was close, thus the smoky flavor in the air. He didn't even bother in quieting them, since all of his words were simply ignored, no matter how sound the advice was. Aun just remained ready to do whatever he had to do. He was done trying to prevent mistakes. If they got themselves in a mess, he would let them ferment in their mistake for a while, letting them learn.

Pyro
11-30-2009, 04:18 AM
"Hush!" Kai whispered loudly to the conversationalists, "We don't want to lead them to our camp!" He signaled to Kasumi. She nodded and he nimbly scaled a nearby tree, drawing his bow. Kasumi motioned for the others to follow her.
"He'll divert them if they follow," she explained, "Let's go!" She led them at a faster pace, often weaving between trees to confuse footprints. Not five minutes into the thicket they were out and looking down into a valley mostly forested and very well hidden.
"The camp is hidden in the valley," Kasumi said, "Follow me." She began the awkward, slanted descent into the wooded camp, sensing her brother's adrenaline in her chest: he had encountered the enemy. Be safe, brother, she thought, Come back to us.
To the land-savvy Waterbender, the camp was not hard to find and soon small earthen huts appeared in a wide clearing. Kasumi stopped in the center of it and turned to face the group.
"This will be our home until a messenger hawk arrives from the General with coordinates to our next destination. We will train together and tolerate each other here and if any of you have a problem with it you will answer to myself and my brother. I don't care who shares a hut with whom but assign yourselves now. I will await Kai's return." With that she moved to a tree about fifty feet from the clearing and climbed into its branches, becoming invisible from the ground.

nonangelic92
11-30-2009, 04:36 AM
Rae grabbed Fa Zu tightly, "I call Fa Zu." and she smiled. Rae pulled Fa Zu and chose one of the earth huts. "This one's ours." She turned to Fa Zu and smiled, "So what you wonna do know? You wanna like go create something..thats...made of earth and fire. like a sculpture. I'm just shooting random ideas of off my head." She waited for Fa Zu to answer.

SikstaSlathalin
11-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Zu was about to tell Rae what the chant was when Kai told them the Fire Nation had found their trail. And once more it appeared to be Zu's fault, he shakes his head and can't help but think of 20 ways off the top of his head the Fire Nation could've found them a spy, Blind Luck, Traitorous actions from someone who might know about the group maybe even some Villagers reporting some suspicious people for some amnesty for the week. His mind was engaged in this train of thought until they arrived at the hidden camp. It was an intelligent location, wooded, pretty good entrance so anyone in camp could hear someone coming and warn the others, high trees to hide whatever smoke their fires might make and thick underbrush to annoy and discourage any Scout.

He rarely had time to admire t he simple place before Rae pulled him toward one of the huts. He looked around the hut like the rest of the camp it was simple and practical. Low and round big enough to fit maybe three adults, two mats on the ground for sleeping and sitting, a fire pit surrounded by rocks to stop sparks. He smiled as Rae asked him what they should do now.
"Well I don't know how to sculpt and I fear if we try we might bring the Enemy to our door step." He pulls his swords off his back and sets them beside him before he sits on the mat closest to the back wall in the lotus position smiling up at her.
"Here join me for meditation, it helps focus your mind and body and it gives your Bending a good boost." He stretches a little looking at her.

StormWolf
12-01-2009, 12:15 AM
The veteran earthbender looked over his broad shoulder as the Waterbender boy scaled the tree with the skill of a cat. He felt something tug in his chest, but he ignored it and kept of moving. The further they went from where they left Kai, the stronger that tug became. Aun finally stopped in his tracks, looking at the earth beneath his feet. His borw furrowed, his one good eye staring at the ground.

"Damn it all..." he grumbled, turning on his heel and walking back out into the thicket. He walked for several minutes before leaning against the trunk of the tree Kasumi climbed, taking a deep breath. He remained silent for a few moments,

"So..." he started, scanning the forest with his eye, "I hope your faith in your brother's skills are well placed. I'll be damned if a kid dies on my watch..."

Pyro
12-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Kasumi didn't budge or even respond for quite some time. Finally she spoke, a slight irritation to her voice.
"Kai and I have always been together, never leaving each other's side for more than a few hours. As such, I know he is stronger than me and a much better fighter. I know this may not make sense to you but to us anger is our greatest weapon. Water is the element of change. In our line we use our emotions in battle rather than in everyday experiences." She swung upside down on the branch to face the Earthbender. She folded her arms and narrowed her dark eyes.
"I trust you the most out of this group of misfits, Kai excluded," she said, "But if you cross me I will not hesitate to put you on ice. Do we understand each other?"

StormWolf
12-01-2009, 03:21 AM
Aun watched the girl swing down and hang from a branch like a monkey. Inwardly, he laughed, but his face remained as flat as granite. He smirked slightly, a tiny crack in his stone mask. With another 'humph' of a laugh he spoke.

"I would lever dream of it..." he said in a flat and serious tone, so much so it could possibly be taken for sarcasm. He levitated three large pebbled off of the ground, twirling them in circles above his hand.

"I, on the other hand," he let the pebbles float over to his left hand, continuing their circut, "must remain in constant control. I must remain steady and unwavering as the earth. If I lose control..." he clenched his fist, the pebbles compacted into a single perfect sphere. Aun cleared his throat,

"A-hem... Your trust is well placed. I know I cannot force you to do anything, being my superior officer, but I would strongly suggest you do not ignore the advice I give." he let the shere of earth drop into his hand, tossing it back and forth. His face was pensive when he looked Kasumi in the eye, his own bright in thought.

I'll be damned if one of you kids die before I do. I'll throw my life away to keep the rest of you alive. Remember that and don't forget it."

Pyro
12-01-2009, 03:54 AM
"That is why we aren't friends by now," Kasumi growled, "Control doesn't have to be Mr. Stony Face. And I have every intention of listening to you. A true warrior listens carefully before striking." She held the branch with her hands before dropping her legs and hopping down. "Kai." The male reflection of the Waterbender appeared through the trees, no mark but a small scratch under his right eye.
"It was a small scouting contingent," he reported, "No more than five men, all of whom now lie dead."
"Glad to hear it. We are all safe in the camp. Rae seems a little too excited for the situation." Kai shrugged off his archery gear.
"That appears to be her nature. Don't worry about it too much." Kasumi glared once at Aun and then to the side.
"I only worry if the General chose in haste." Kai glanced at the Earthbender and gripped his sister's upper arm, steering her into the camp.
"We'll talk about it later, hm?" Kasumi shot one more dagger sharp look at the warrior behind her and called back,
"We'll arrange standing at first light. Remember what I said."

mcstringer
12-01-2009, 04:52 AM
Simian's head near exploded with a headache. All the drama with first Fa Zu and Rae, then the addition of the twins, then Gran'pa Mountain adding his two bits made him scream inside. His frustration to continue on did no show except for Simian nearly dropping one pin while still juggling with all of the commotion. When Rae freaked out about Fa Zu being a Fire Bender, he nearly laughed his face off and showed he was one, too.

When the twins hurried the group along because they somehow noticed some other people in the woods and told everyone to haul it to camp to some secret trail that only they knew of, Simian stopped juggling and almost jumped at the chance to escape, but his brain told him to wait because he would be hunted down like a small rodent if he did so now. So, he ran along with the group.

Simian was silently huffing away, when they finally reached the camp. He was not suprise when Rae chunked the clueless Fa Zu into a tent with her, which is the first thing that put something of a smile on this trip. Awe crap, I am probably going to have to shack with that smelly earthbender, maaannn. I can atleast get some food cooking and wash off.Simian walks up to their little picanesse commanders for this trip to ask them a question and hears that their problem is, well was, a small Fire Nation scouting party. That's not good. Where the minnows are, the bigger fish are sure to follow.

" 'scuse me, Mr. and Miss Head Honcho... yah... is there a water supply nearby so we can get cleaned up and some fesh water to drink and to cook with. Secondly, What about a fire? are we eating whatever we have to eat in this camp cold, or are we going to use the water and fire to cook something up, which I am volunteering to do, if you haven't figured it out yet."

StormWolf
12-01-2009, 05:21 AM
"Mm-hmm" was Aun's response as he didn't budge. He just stood there and watched the forest, his hands tucked inside the large sleeves of his robe. He closed his eyes and let the calm wash over him. The large Earthbender sat cross-legged on the ground, the spot he was sitting on lifting off of the ground, along with any loose piece of rock in his general vecinity. The stones formed two rings around him, orbiting in opposite directions. In his hands he held that perfectly smooth and heavy sphere of condesned earth.

Rule number three of being a soldier: Hope for the best, plan for the worst. Aun thought to himself as he meditated. He hoped there would be nothing more to the Fire Nation until they passed the border, but he remained poised, expecting them to strike at any moment. He had to remain calm. He had lost control before, and the collateral damage and the suffering in the aftermath was not worth the victory. He was a soldier, not a butcher. He only fought those of a different nation if they wore a soldier's uniform. That day he lost control, he made the earth swallow an entire village; men, women, children. His comrades patted him in the back and called it a flawless victory. Whenever he feels himself getting too angry, he thinks of that slaughter, and it always brings him back.

Aun remained in his spot, barely moving little more than an inch. The day lost it's light, and yet he remained out there, seemingly unaffected by the cold of the night.

nonangelic92
12-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Rae came out of the tent, leaving Fa Zu inside so she can go get something to drink. She saw the Juggler talking with the twins, and over heard him asking about water. "Excuse me, sorry to interrupt, but is there a stream or a water source near by, because i don't know about the rest of you, but I'm parched." She looked towards the one she nicknamed the Juggler, "Hi, i don't think we've met, but I'm Rae whats your name?"

Pyro
12-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Kai and Kasumi simultaneously raised their left arms to their full length and held them there for a moment, fingers spread wide, parallel to the ground. Suddenly their arms swung upward and a tremor shook the ground near them for a moment until the water was ripped from it. The twins bended the armfuls of now clean groundwater into the air. Kasumi had the job of holding it still while Kai went behind the hut to his right and dragged out a large barrel. Kasumi carefully dropped the load into it, not spilling a drop.
"There are no rivers or streams in this valley but it's a watershed to a large lake West of here," Kai explained, "Be resourceful with it as groundwater recharges very slowly. As for food, there is an abundance of animals and edible plants here. The ground is highly fertile so a few months ago the General had us plant a small vegetable garden nearby. And no, I will not specify what to do for bathroom breaks." Kasumi promptly headed for the trees.
"Simian Yaq, Aun, come with me," she ordered, "We're collecting wood." Kai turned to the remaining two and smiled warmly.
"I hope you two are okay with hunting because that's where we're going once you're ready," he said almost apologetically, "Don't rush but we need to be back within moonrise time. That's about two hours."

SikstaSlathalin
12-02-2009, 02:28 AM
Zu was deep in meditation when he felt the ground rumble beneath him.
Aun must be getting ready to flatten someone, suppose I better go make sure it isn't too bad. He returned to reality and exited the tent, he ha even noticed Rae leave but as he stepped out int the dusk woods he saw everyone out and about sorta speak. Aun was floatng on some rocks ae was talking with the Juggler and the twins are reunited again. He steps closer in time to hear Kasumi assign everyone jobs for the night. As Kai speaks Zu sighs and says.
"I can't kill anything, I'm sorry but I know Herbs I can forage for edible plants." He looks at his young leader wondering what the General saw in them to appoint them leaders but it wasn't his place to judge others. He watched the others went to gather wood.

mcstringer
12-02-2009, 09:50 AM
"Oh hey, Miss Rae, my name is Simian nice to meet you." After the little show with the twins water bending ground water. He turned and shook the hand of the lady he introduced himself to in a gentleman like fashion.

He returned his attention to the young water bender he should have the intellegence enough to call Kasumi since he is the one giving the orders. I mean anyone can put two and two together. Simian troted up to the one he was supposed to follow.

"Ms. Kasumi, ma'am, sir .... whatever.... anywho I already have the material to start a decent fire."

Simian showed Kasumi the torches he had juggled nearly all day. There were five in total, and they looked like improvised bowling pins except a little narrower and longer with cloth wrapped on the far end of each.

"These are specially treated to light easily and always light. I'll either make new ones or find something else to juggle."

Simian shrugged and stood there in font of Kasumi before she could trot off any further like it's there if you want it and if you don't.

nonangelic92
12-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Rae watch Simian play with the juggler sticks. "Looks fun, can I try?" she asked Simian, who wasn't paying attention and looking at Kasumi. Rae tapped Simian's shoulder sorta hard, "Um excuse me, but I asked if I could try juggeling those pins?" Rae asked again, hoping to get an answer now.

mcstringer
12-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Simian turned his head to Rae and looked over his shoulder.

"Well 'scuse me as well Ms. Rae. I was talking with the lady in charge of gathering the firewood. And If you did not hear, you get to go hunting with Mr. Bloodthirsty himself."

He points to Kai the twin that looks the most sadistic of the two. I am soooo going to sleep with one I open tonight because as the saying goes, "You have to watch for the silent ones, because when they explode........"

"But yah when we both get back from our earns and these have not been made into firewood. Sure."

Simian shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly eventhough he felt deeply that he was giving away his babies like some men with their cars.

nonangelic92
12-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Looked at Simian, "Well fine then." Rae took a moment to realize something, and turned towards Kai, "Wait, what. I was in my dream-land, and not listening to what either of you were saying." Rae smiled trying to look cute.

SikstaSlathalin
12-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Zu had been standing by watching Rae and Simian waiting for Kai and Kasumi to say go or whatever. He'd been thinking of a small fireball to help him find the herbs when Rae asked her question. He couldn't help but smile at her cute attempt.
"Rae, you will accompany Kai and I in the search for food while Kasumi, Aun, and Simian go gather firewood. Not sure what else is going on but that's the most prominent thing." He tightened the straps on his swords then cracked his knuckles a few times watching the leaders for the go ahead.

nonangelic92
12-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Rae looked at Fa Zu, "Oh okay." Rae smiled her brightest smile, "So let the games begin." Rae said turned her smile into something sadistic. Rae waiteed for the twins to tell them when to go and get what they were suppose to get.

Pyro
12-08-2009, 02:51 AM
Kasumi shouldered past Simian and continued on into the woods.
"We won't use your weapons as firewood," she spat, "Now move before I make it snow on you." She stalked off to a decent-looking tree and pulled one of her bladeless daggers from its strap, holding it at arm's length. The water vapor in the vicinity solidified into a long, sharp blade. Kasumi then scaled the trunk and began hacking at a narrow branch, the razor sharp edge slicing though it in no time. As it dropped she called down to her subordinates,
"Cut branches by whatever way you see fit but keep the tree intact. We don't want to alert our position."

Kai kept his warm smile for his subordinates.
"Rae, you'll come with me then," he said, "Fa Zu, I will show you the garden. I'm certain you will do well with it. Let's go!" The more friendly of the twins led them to the vegetable garden, a treeless patch of earth with neat rows of a variety of fruits and vegetables. The light was fading but it was clear this clearing was a very beautiful and peaceful place. Leaving Fa Zu, Kai continued to lead Rae deeper into the forest, drawing his bow and solidifying ice tips for his arrows. He glanced back at his companion.
"Are you ready?" he asked, a hint of delightful danger in his voice.

StormWolf
12-08-2009, 04:51 AM
Aun paid little mind to their childish games, letting his floating shrine of meditation settle to the ground as he shoved the perfect earth sphere into his pocket. He was close enough to hear his orders. Shame, he wanted to splinter a tree with a punch, he was surly angry enough deep down to do so more than once.

With a sigh, Aun stomped on the ground, a boulder flying up before him. He drove his fist into the stone, splintering the man sized rock into several sword-sized shards that flew towards a few trees, shearing off their branching and cleaving off chunks of the trunks. He gave a "hmph" of a laugh before continuing, repeating the process a few times. In the end, Aun had harvested more than enough wood for the fire, but it was better to have more than plenty.

SikstaSlathalin
12-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Zu followed Kai to the garden and was very pleased with the selection of veggie and fruit growing but he couldn't help but think that some Bending was involved in the dark rich soil. There was just always something about using Bending to grow things that seemed like cheating for him and his Brothers. They rarely used Bending in the Monastery not so much because they were just weak benders but because it's much more rewarding to do everything by hand.

He scoops up some clay and with a long breath he begins shaping the mud into a bowl after a few moments he's dusting himself off holding a nice sized clay bowl. Chanting to himself he begins picking through the garden selecting the most ripe and ready of the plants. Soon his bowl is quite full and he's picked to the end of the garden. As finds himself close an aimal trail when his eyes spot something he didn't notice before. A rare spice called Fire snipe having room in his bowl for some more he wallks over and begins picking along the trail for the spice.

AliceMalice15
12-12-2009, 01:46 AM
Tai snuck silently through the door in the palace walls. As she closed the door silently behind her Tai looked cautiously from side to side. The gaurds weren't far off and would be passing by soon. Tai quickly ran across the road into a dark alley when she looked back the guards were just passing where she had been moments before. Her heart pounded wildly in her chest and she felt as if it would alert the guards. As the guards passed on Tai calmed down and continued to the next street over. Her Hood blocked the sun from her pale white skin, but she could still feel it's heat thorugh the light material. Tai smiled as she walked through the thronging crowd. She was free. Tai continued to walk listlessly down the street until she arrived at a tall building near the middle of the city. It was a dance hall. Tai began to sway back and forth to invisble music not noticing anything going on around her. As time passed she became bolder and began to dance around on the street. Tai's eyes were closed as she danced she was imagining the inside of the hall. Ever since she was little Tai had wished to dance like the women in the firelord's palace. They looked so graceful! Tai continued to dance until she heard bells in the distance. It was almost dinner time! Tai raced through the city dodging through the crowds of people heading home. If she didn't get back soon Lord Azulon would find out about her getting out of the palace! suddenly Tai ran in to a hard object and fell to the ground hard.
"Ouch,"She whined,"I-I'm sorry! I wasn't watching...."
Tai trailed off uncertainly as she looked up at the man she had run in to. She had never actually talked to anyone outside the palace...

nonangelic92
12-19-2009, 02:22 AM
Rae looked at Kai with a bit of shock in her voice, " um, sure. Do you like killing things for fun?" Rae touched the ground to feel the padding of feet 3 miles away from them, "There's something about a few miles away from here towards the north, it doesnt sound heavy, but we might wanna check it out."

Pyro
12-19-2009, 03:09 AM
Kai continued his eerily constant smile.
"Hunting for sport would not go unpunished by the spirits. We musn't misuse the strength Tui has given us." Upon hearing the news of a small animal, his smile grew broader, yet there was little emotion shown with it. "Very good. You track from the ground. Don't worry if you think you're lost. I will be close by in the trees, keeping a close watch on you." With that he leaped into a tree, vanishing into the leaves.

Kasumi used a spare strap from her belt to secure her branches to her back. Hopping down from the tree she was in she called out to the others,
"The moon is rising! We're heading back!" She waited a moment for her companions, placing a hand on one hip and shifting her weight to the corresponding foot. Damn my luck as a leader, she thought bitterly, At least it's not one of them.

SikstaSlathalin
12-19-2009, 03:50 AM
Time passed swiftly as Zu picked up a large sample of the Fire snipe spice. The hefty smell was making his eyes water a little. Holding the bowl away from his face some he beigns trekking back to the campsite. Following the animal trail was simple but something caught his eye. Some struggling in the bushes makes him place the herbs down and creep over. A small squeal makes him wary, going slowly he soon finds a small rabbit trapped with a noose around it's neck. Immeditly he losses the small creature from it's trap and sends it on it way with a carrot. After this good deed he picks his way back to the camp to prepare the herbs.

nonangelic92
01-04-2010, 02:12 AM
Rae looked around, wondering what to do now. She moved close wondering aorund the trees. She spotted the animal a few yards away. She whispered "Kae, the aniamsl is in front of me. I have no weapons to kill, what do i do." she asked, waiting for his reply.

mcstringer
01-04-2010, 03:52 AM
Simian nearly got lost in the wooded world as he saw it. However, he kept pace with the rest and stopped some landmarks he could use as guides back to camp. Simian grabbed an armload of the kindling the "mighty" old man took down. He left the big stuff for rest and sprinted off towards camp to start the fire going. He may not no much about the woods, but he can set up a campsite and cook edible food.

Pyro
01-20-2010, 02:44 AM
Kasumi stomped into the clearing yet her boots made little sound against the leaves. She dumped her load opposite the water barrel and stalked over to the leaders' hut, leaning against it roughly and folding her arms.
"Go ahead and start a fire in what way you see fit, Firebender," she growled, "The rest of us will wait for Kai's return."

Kai crouched on a branch above Rae and observed the animal she had spotted.
"Keep your voice down, Rae," he said softly, "Use what you know to take it down. Don't forget your strengths." He drew an arrow, condensing the moisture in the air into a sharp head. He notched it but did not pull back. I will only strike if Rae cannot do so alone, he reasoned.

Pyro
02-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Kasumi heard signs of struggle nearby, in the direction of the hidden garden. She immediately ran toward it, drawing her daggers and freezing blades onto them. Upon entering the garden she froze in her tracks, horrified by the freshly murdered corpse of Fa Zu...and a masked assassin standing over him. Anger flared in the young Waterbender's chest and she struck a fighter's stance. The assassin did the same but it proved to be a ruse as he turned and darted off into the forest. Kasumi quickly drew the moisture from a ripe vegetable in the garden and whipped it at the retreating killer. He fell dead, allowing the girl to reach him. She turned him over and removed his demon mask. Unremarkable face, she noted, but what is this insignia? Indeed there was a small marking on the man's shoulder, the character for failure. Kasumi frowned.
"What does it mean?" she muttered.
Once she had returned to camp Kasumi tossed the assassin's demon mask into the center of the clearing.
"The monk is dead," she declared, "And we've got an organization on our backs. If any of you have any bright ideas on how they found us, I want answers now."

nonangelic92
02-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Rae said a silent prey for the animal and sent a rock hurling towards the animal. hitting it in the temple and killing instantly. She stood up and went back to camp as Kai went for the animal. She had just gotton back to the camp, when Katsumi throw a mask into the center of camp wanting answers. Her eyes swelled up when she got word of the death of the monk, anger tore inside of her, as she thought back to her younger years when she remembered the attack of fire benders on her village. "I didn't do it, but I suspect its fire benders and maybe a fire bender lead them here, like Simian."

Pyro
02-09-2010, 04:58 AM
Kasumi narrowed her eyes at the young Earthbender.
"Zu was a Firebender as well, Rae," she reminded her, "We cannot accuse our own without evidence." Just then Kai dropped into the clearing from a tree.
"She's right" he said, "We have as little reason to accuse Simian as we do any of us. We need to work together in this time of trouble. Aun, do you have any ideas?" He looked up at the large man across the clearing with a puzzled expression. The Earthbender shook his head, tucking his hands into his oversize sleeves.
"Nothing comes to mind," he admitted. Kai held his chin in thought, his dark eyebrows knitting together.
"Then one could assume a member of the attack party escaped. But even so...there would not be enough time to arrange a professional assassin such as the one you found, Kasumi. This is indeed troubling." Kasumi nodded.
"We will need a double watch from now on until we advance," the female twin reasoned.

StormWolf
02-15-2010, 05:03 AM
Aun remained standing, back straight and arms crossed, folded inside his coat sleeves. The first day and already one dead, just a kid. His one dark hazel eye focused on Zu's corpse, his lips twisted into a faint resemblance of a sneer. Aun sword he would die before any of these children did. So much for that.

"We should bury him..." Aun said in a flat tone. "He may have been from the Fire Nation, but he was still a comrade." Having pitched in his own two cents, Aun turned his eye to the darkness in the forest. Something, someone, was out there. He could feel it in his gut. Whether they would attack or not remained yet to be seen. Aun would not give these assassins a chance to gut them while they slept. Sleep was unimportant. Let us see who will last the longest, assassin. Aun frowned at the forest, eye narrow in a glare.

mcstringer
02-15-2010, 10:54 PM
"I'll do it."

Simian walked over to Zu's body to prepare it for the rites of a Fire Nation burial. While preping the body he spoke aloud to the group.

"I understand you prejudice against the Fire Nation, but do not insult me like that again."

He let a few minutes of silence pass as he finished the preperations.

"The fire is ready, someone else can cook the meal. Since, ya'll don't trust me to not posion all of you. I'll also just go to sleep after this. Good night."

Simian gathered Zu's body into his arms to finish the burial rites elsewhere.

nonangelic92
02-16-2010, 12:02 AM
Rae rolled her eyes at Simian's comment and walked to her tent, the one she shared with Zu. She sat on her bed roll and criedher poor little heart out. She liad on her side and cried softly, the last of her tears falling from her eyes. She wiped away her tears and looked towards the opening flap of her tent. "Suck it up Rae, people die. Get used to it." she spoke to herself.

StormWolf
02-24-2010, 08:00 AM
The veteran Earthbender tried to meditate, but there was so much commotion for such a silent night. The wind seemed louder than usual, the branches rustled and the creatures of the night spoke to one another in their own language that no human could understand.

Aun could hear his own heartbeat and the roaring sound of blood rushing throgh his head. Though his face remained as emotionless as a rock, he was a turbulent sea beneath. The remourseful, whimpering cries of the young Rae stabbed at him, feeding that fire in his belly. He was supposed to protect them... These children. He reached into his pocket, his hand grasping that sphere of perfectly round earth, compacted so tight it weighed much more than it looked and was completely smooth to the touch.

The Earthbender veteran scanned the site of the camp, finding Kasumi in the moonlight and striding over to her.

"You need some rest, Kasumi. I'll take watch tonight..." Aun said in a voice that was both deep and gravely, but smooth, calming, and possibly warm at the same time.

Pyro
02-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Kasumi shook her head, denying even to herself her fatigue.
"Kai and I will watch," she insisted, "I'm not tired." Never tired...Never sick...Never wounded...I won't allow it. To her surprise Kai grasped her shoulder and said softly,
"He's right, sis. You're an inch away from swooning. Go. I'll protect us." Kasumi let show a flicker of the emotion she hid so well.
"You'll wake me if anything happens?" Her twin nodded.
"You don't need to worry for tonight." Convinced but uncomfortable, Kasumi changed course to the leaders' hut, leaning against the far wall and sliding into a sitting position. Why can't I be like him? she wondered, her old friend the darkness beginning to ease her stress, We're supposed to be the same...

mcstringer
02-25-2010, 01:41 AM
Simian calmly prayed kneeling by the body of Zu on the funeral pyre. He took a keepsake to give to his family to signify his passing and roots at his home. He remembered his home was one of the Fire Temples in the cities. The thought went further into "suck" territory because he knew he had to travel and question them all until he found the right one to give it to.

"huh, sometimes my days realy suck."

He got up from his kneeling position and lit one of his torches. He tossed it on the pyre. It lit with a powerful flame almost instantly.

"Let's make this quick. May your soul return to Flame's Heart to be at rest for eternity. May the Mother embrace you with her warmth."

It was a benediction for artists and healers not warriors, but it was the only one he knew by heart. He quietly found a spot to sit and wait for the long hours of the night during the Death Watch. Being the only fire bender in the group ment he had a long night ahead of him.

Pyro
03-26-2010, 09:57 PM
"You'll get in trouble."
"I don't care. We were both given Bending by the Moon and Ocean. It's not fair that you don't get to learn it."
"No...But I don't want Papa to hurt you for it. And if he doesn't, Big Brother will."
"Sis, we've both seen what you can do on your own. If I teach you how to control it, you won't need to worry about Papa or Big Brother or anyone for that matter. You are strong, Kasumi. Much stronger than you know."
Kasumi shifted uncomfortably in her light sleep, the dream troubling her. Why did she remember this now? What was the purpose? O great Moon and Ocean, she thought, What do you want me to do?

nonangelic92
03-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Rae sat up stiffly, awakening in the early morning hours to the sound of the forest sleeping silently. She stepped outside and sat by the low fire. She stared into the embers, her mind wondering back to the day that she was saved from the fire nation invasion of her vllage but her father wasn't. She mentally cursed herself for having such hatred for the fire nation, espiecially towards those benders who didn't even partake in the war. She realized she would have to apoligize for her behave to Simian.

Pyro
04-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Kasumi woke in the grey dawn, feeling as uneasy as when she settled down to rest. She stiffly exited the leaders' hut and let her sharp blue eyes sweep the camp. She spotted Rae by the dying fire and Aun still keeping watch. But something was wrong.
"Kai?" she called. There was no response. Where is he? Kasumi wandered around the camp's edge and called out again. When she was just about to continue to the other side of the clearing, a rustling in the bushes sounded to her right. She drew a small amount of water from a nearby patch of onion grass and readied her daggers. But to her surprise out of the trees stumbled Kai, a Fire Nation arrow lodged in his shoulder. Kasumi dropped her empty hilts and rushed to help him, water at the ready to heal.
"Kai, what happened?" she asked, helping her twin to the ground, "Why weren't you in the camp?" Kai gripped the arrow shaft and forcibly ripped it from his shoulder, panting heavily. He made no more sound than a low grunt but Kasumi could see the pain in his eyes.
"Heard something twenty minutes ago," he explained, "It was an ambush. Kasumi, we've got to get everyone out of here." He looked up at his sister seriously. "It's no longer safe."