PDA

View Full Version : Rumble on RPA Atrum Daemon vs TenSARS (J Nazgul)

John
02-02-2011, 05:40 AM
Nazgul stood in the large cavern. The floor of the cavern, which was littered with the bones of fallen warriors of days gone by, was about 100 feet wide and seemed to stretch off in either direction into infinity. The walls of the cavern stretched upward about five hundred feet and every so often rocks and boulders would break off and thud onto the cracked earth below.

Nazgul sighed as he looked up at the sun hanging motionless in the sky directly overhead. The temperature in the cavern was about one hundred and twenty degrees Fahrenheit(about forty nine Celsius) But for Nazgul, in his black robes and helmet, it seemed much hotter. And given that the hot dry air was quickly parching his throat, he felt the need to leave as soon as possible.

With a wave of his hands, the two combatants appeared about one hundred feet apart from each other. Nazgul cleared his throat and began to speak.

"Which of you will ass your bones to my collection," Nazgul's voice hissed as he motioned at the cavern floor.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find a bottle water and an air conditioner." And with that, he vanished, leaving the combatants alone to combat the heat as well as each other.

Atrum Daemon
02-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Rourke, his arms crossed over his leather clad chest, smiled to himself as he began slowly pacing back and forth. His eyes remained locked on his opponent, waiting to catch a glimmer of movement from him. A short sword was attached to either side of Rourke’s belt and he was ready to draw them both at a moment’s notice to either attack or defend.

For the time being, he decided that being patient was the best course of action. He wanted to observe what this unknown opponent would do first. He did consider attacking first, but reasoned that it might leave him open to any number of unknown attacks from his opponent. But, he also knew that one of them had to strike first. He also knew that with the heat inside the cave, ending the battle fast was the best option for both parties involved.

TenSARS
02-07-2011, 07:26 PM
"Phew!"

Kriss wiped the sweat from his brow as he felt the heat in the cavern crash over him like a tidal wave. Fortunately, as he often walked around Asia, he was familiar with this type of heat. The bad news was, on holiday, one didn't often get thrown into a deathmatch. He was currently empty handed in his Aikido Gi, but they all knew that it would have to change soon.

He noticed that Rourke was not making a move, and right now, neither would Kriss. The staredown between the two combatants became more and more intense as Kriss himself started pacing around the cavern, bones and old weapons cracking and shuffling underfoot. Watching his opponent's waist, he saw a pair of short swords.

So he fights Akimbo... I should hope that I can move faster than him.

As the two fighters continued to size each other up, a distinct crumble could be heard from the side of the Cavern. Kriss' eyes flicked to the source, and noticed that a rock was beginning to fall.

I guess, I'll use that as a signal?

He held out his right hand. A noise which sounded like a sudden leak of air filled the cavern as a pure black No Dachi fell from the sky, and impaled itself into the ground. Kriss' right hand wrapped it's digits around the sword, pulling it out of the ground as the crumbling of the large boulder grew louder and louder.

"We have to start some time," he said, the boulder dislodging itself from the wall. Kriss brought himself into a ready stance, sword held pointed towards his target at ear height, right hand gripping over the left. "My name is Kriss Mui. You could say I'm a little displaced... and you?"

He waited for Rourke's reply. Regardless of whether or not he returned the courtesy of giving out one's own name before starting a battle, when the boulder hit the ground, Kriss leapt forwards.

"ITS SHOWTIME!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-6e-mjsqxs)

Atrum Daemon
02-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Rourke charged as well, seemingly intended to meet Kriss head-on. Then, he was suddenly gone. Rourke reappeared behind Kriss, both blades drawn. He struck with a quick stab with one of the blades. He followed it up with a slash from the second blade before vanishing again and reappearing five feet to Kriss’ left.

The falling boulders were definitely going to be a problem. Or a boon, depending on how one could use them. The numerous bones littering the cavern floor could provide very useful distractions if used correctly. He stood ready, his blades held before him in a challenging pose. He did not speak, failing to see the point of idle chatter or shouting threats in battle.

For Rourke, this was all a distraction from his normal life. A simple game to ease his mind away from more turbulent matters that usually cluttered it. As sweat trickled down the back of his neck, he knew that the fight needed to end quickly lest they both succumb to the heat and be crushed by the boulders.

TenSARS
02-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Kriss could sense the two of them about to meet in the middle. When Kriss was in range of Rourke, he tried to slice across his chest, but found himself missing. The swipe of the sword cut clean through the air, as if...

No it literally met nothing.

Kriss was unable to react to the stab in the back that followed. He knew it was coming. But there is no such thing as a fighter who can respopnd perfectly all the time to an attack that they cannot sense properly. He stumbled as the attack came in, almost tripping over a femur jutting out of the ground, but managed to regain his composure as he clattered onto his feet, barely managing to hold his balance.

He recovered in time to notice Rourke to his left, and brought his sword up into a defensive stance, but he figured that he'd probably have to move after the next attack again.

Atrum Daemon
02-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Black leather was a bad idea

This thought crossed Rourke's mind as he contemplated his next move. Thinking only for a few seconds, he decided to attack again. He shot forward, springing from briefly coiled legs toward his opponent. The first strike was a vertical slash, which was quickly followed up by a horizontal strike.

For a moment, his mind went to the device implanted in his chest. Activating it would give him an advantage, but also put even greater strain on him than the heat of the cave was. No, he would save that for later. That is, if the fight even dragged out that long. He kept returning to the possibility that the combination of oppressive heat and falling boulders would end it sooner rather than later.

TenSARS
02-10-2011, 07:26 PM
The adrenaline was kicking in. Instead of pain, Kriss felt a sticky warm sensation trickling down his back as the first stab wound really started to bleed. He didn't have time to worry about flesh wounds like that right now though.

He wanted to step to the side from the vertical slash, but was unable to do so, and instead was forced to block. The clang and scraping of metal on metal could be heard echoing throughout the cavern, Kriss' skin crawling at the noise. He found himself being pushed back again and stumbling backward. Then the horizontal slash came in. Kriss had to take some drastic action, otherwise he would not be able to get back into the fight.

His left hand flicked out towards the blade, in a motion that looked like he was aiming to catch the sword. however just as the sword came closer to his hand, a flash of light, accompanied by a loud thundercrack like noise.

The Psycho Frame Network lashed out at the incoming strike, creating a small shockwave that stopped the incoming sword swing, The fibres of the Psycho Frame Network were reforming, but Kriss wasn't about to stop there. With nowhere to truly back down safely, he used the sudden deflection to make a forehand swing with his own sword towards his opponent, aiming for his abdomen with the further half of his sword.

Atrum Daemon
02-12-2011, 09:36 PM
The pain was a dull sensation to Rourke. His arm had reeled back from the sudden deflection, distracting him from Kriss' attack. He felt the dull sensation of the blade cutting across his abdomen straight through the leather and chainmail lining.

He took a jump back and a quick look down at the wound. It was nothing too deep and would not slow him down. With a dulled sense of pain, Rourke shook his head harshly and brought his blades up again. As he took a defensive stance, the sound of rocks breaking high above reached his ears. Since he had decided to take a momentary defensive, he would have to be careful lest his opponent push him into the path of a falling boulder.

His black eyes narrowed as he concentrated on Kriss, watching for his opponent's next move. The flash of energy that had stopped his last attack had put Rourke in a slightly more wary mindset. If his opponent could stop a sword swing with it, what else could it do?

John
02-19-2011, 06:16 AM
I have to say, this is a very difficult battle to judge. Honestly, both of you wrote brilliantly. I have to admit I read this more than once, and part of the reason was because I enjoyed both of your writings immensely. I would have loved to see this continue more but I do understand life can get in the way. As it is, this was an incredibly difficult decision as you both were descriptive and reading both sides gave me a sense of being there, watching things unfold. I can honestly say this could have gone either way but I did have to choose one to move on.

As such, I have picked TENSars to move on. I just felt a little more immersed in the writing.

But like I said, brilliant job, both of you.