PDA

View Full Version : Rumble on RPA Kamikazikid8 vs spirits breath [J Shepherd]

Shepherd
02-03-2011, 06:06 PM
A dark curtain envelopes you blocking out all sight, touch, and sound, but before you have time to try to scream or even register fear it releases you as quickly as it came. As you look around you notice that the place you have been transfered to is so mundane it could be anywhere at all. A hard grey concrete floor, an equally hard grey concrete roof, the only supports being the walls all around you and the pillars in the middle. You notice the floor is covered in lines about 8 feet apart and that these are placed a long every wall. The floor curves upwards before you, leading up to a higher level, and downwards behind you leading to a lower one. On the far wall you notice a set of stairs leading both up and down, an alternate means of reaching the floors above and below.

A Man in a black suit, with a white shirt, a black tie, and equally black sunglasses stands before you, and behind this man is your opponent. "You have been brought here to fight. This match will continue until one of you is dead, unable to battle, or concedes the match. You will be restored after battle, but only one will advance tot he next round." And with that the man in black take a step back allowing you to face our opponent directly. "Begin!"

(You have 15 days to post before the match ends and I declare a winner, and if you didn't figure it out, you're in a parking garage.)

PantsTheReaper
02-05-2011, 05:32 AM
"Hey, just wait a second!" cried Alron. "What in the name of all that is holy, is this? I wasn't informed of any battle!" He paused. "Oh, hell, you're someone I pissed off during my adventuring days, aren't you? Or some agent for the Powers That Be? Bah! Don't answer! I'll just say it's the latter. In that case, I suppose I should be honored that I was chosen for this." He turned to face his opponent. "Well met, I am-oh sweet hell, that isn't even remotely fair."

Alron sighed and drew his axes and began to charge the Lighting Rod. "Oh well, I'll fight regardless. As I was saying, well met, I am Alron, adventurer-extraordinaire and King of Arenas! The pleasure is yours." He crossed his axes, creating a storm of sparks as he channeled the spell. "Let's make this nice, clean, and fun!"

spirits breath
02-07-2011, 03:29 PM
He looked around, armor giving faint clanks as he tried to get a grasp of his surroundings. Looking about, he knew the darker areas of the...different environment; would give him a bit of light concealment. Looking straight ahead, he gave a firm look at his opponent.

Randolph wasn't much to grin in a feel that he had won, but his match was a human named Alron. In a sign of respect, he removed his helmet. Slightly tanned skin and facial hair that looks like it was recently singed. "Then Arlon." His voice dropped to a zealous tone. "You can call me Randolph. But how about we agree on something mutual? Life."

Soon after, Randolph put his azure colored helmet on. Both arms reaching back for his large shield, and his lance. A trained practice as the sudden weight of the shield can put one off balance.His gunlance on the other hand dropped down, the middle area open like a old shotgun needing to be reloaded.

More than a firm flick of the wrist swung the top half down onto the lowwer and soft clicks sounded out that it was locked in place. And then he had to load it, watching Arlon make shocks fly out of his axes. His grin grew as he thought. He is going to need much sharper and larger axes if he wants to get through my armor. And then to use lightning? Should just let him get a hit on me so that he knows how useless his weapons are. A light snickering sound forced from his lips as he pushed in three shells and then crouched down to a defensive stance. "I assure you, this will be more than fun." His armor made powerful thuds as he stepped forward in a quick leap. His advance slow as he aimed to get close enough so that he would be able to be in range of his shells to hit, and to use his weapon.

PantsTheReaper
02-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Alron's eyes narrowed behind his mask as Randolf removed his helmet. Is he confident enough to show his face? So be it. "Life, huh? I can't guarantee that; I had to kill for my pay in the arenas. Old habits die hard." He pulled his axes apart sharply, holding them out to his sides. "But I suppose I could try out of respect for another fighter." Non-lethal kills on an armored opponent. Attack the joints of the armor where important muscles are grouped. The back of the knees for the first target, elbows second. Maimed, but not dead. Still technically alright.

But as Randolf moved forward, Alron felt he had to analyze his opponent again. Ohhh dear, I'm in trouble. He's not as slow as I thought he was. Damn, he has power, reach, defense, and speed. I'm outclassed here. Well, let's test that armor of his.

Alron rushed to the side and attempted to circle his enemy before closing in and sharply turning away, holding out his still-electrified axe as he attempted to catch Randolf's joints and follow with a rough slash.

spirits breath
02-09-2011, 10:36 PM
He looked him over. Left eyebrow perking up behind his helmet. "And I had a cat show me a piece of paper about joining this." His shield rose up defensibly, his gunlance hanging along the side of it.

Moments ago, he would have laughed at the idea of fighting a being that was his own height for a change. But now, he knew he had to concentrate. As he was rushed at, he didn't plan on an agile opponent. But rather to be head on charged like many would have.

With his stance low, he didn't have all the time he needed to hop to the side before Alron was next to him, axe near him. He could feel the light licks of electricity from it, and then he felt it hit solidly along his left knee. The armor doing little more than help prevent him from a gash. his armor however absorbed a good portion of the surge near his bleeding wound. As for the other axe, he had the advantage of it being on the same side as his shield to block it.

Randolph gritted his teeth, heavily breathing as he used his undamaged leg to hop away. And then used a conjunction of his abs and back to swing the tip at Arlon, His finger resting along the trigger as he waited for the opening to align with his opponents chest and then he pulled it. Recoil shaking his arm and down to his lower back. A short, near powdery flame burst from the end of the blue shaft. Even if it hit, he knew the fire wasn't that bad. His lack of chest hairs could vouch for that.

In his mind, he knew he had one trick. Expend multiple shells at once, as well as charge them. The wyvern fire as it is deemed. I can hit him with the wyvern fire, but I would need a way for him not to get behind me. He thought quickly.

PantsTheReaper
02-17-2011, 03:15 AM
Alron mentally cheered when he felt his axe connect. His joy was short-lived, however, as Randolf didn't react to the electricity. Lighting resistance? Dammit! That was my one edge! He broke his train of thought as he noticed Randolf's lance coming towards him and narrowly dodged it. Nothing prepared him for what happened next.

There was a bang and suddenly Alron was on the floor and on fire. He tore at his burning shirt, using his axes to speed up the process. His hand placed itself on his chest and the forming bruise. "That thing is a fucking cannon? Dammit, this is even less fair!" What now, what now? Rush Hour? No. Not quite yet.

Alron tucked away his axes and drew his crossbow, loading it and firing a slew of bolts while circling Randolf. Not the most accurate move, but it'll do for now! His crossbow clicked, indicating that it was empty. Shit.

spirits breath
02-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Just watching Arlon try to remove the fire from his clothing. Simply a grin of shared feeling. As Arlon was downed, a thick bolt moved out of the side of the gunlance. Randolph braced orange, transitioning to blue flame sprouted from the opening, hoping to catch him while still downed.

Watching helplessly as his opponent got up, and had a crossbow. Using mobility as an advantage, He was helpless as bolts punctured through his armor. Digging into his right arm and along his right leg.

He tried to turn, unable to stop the wyvern fire. The blast alone couldn't be used to. High pressure jolted in his arm and then erupted into the air. The blast alone sending him sliding back two feet and then struggle to maintain balance. However the bolts lodged into him compromising the ability to recover before he was sent prone. He is fast. And I must get these bolts out of me.

A slow drip of crimson seeped into his armor. The metal bolts holding the wound closed to an extent. But one thing could be stated. the lightning from the axes would now have a way into him body.

Randolph struggled to get up, finding the bolts in his arm and the other in his chest. Not entirely deep, but it would be enough for the lightning to stun him. His shield arm moved to his chest first, painstakingly gripping the first bolt. the material not exactly the best for grip. His thick armor holding it's strength, but he would need some time to work it out.

PantsTheReaper
02-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Alron kept running, even when out of bolts. So he isn't as fast as I thought. That's very good. Before he knew it, he was cartwheeling through the air as an even bigger explosion erupted behind him. Alron's crossbow went flying from his hand as he collided with a pillar, fracturing his mask.

Alron groaned and he tried to stand up. His head throbbed and there was definite damage to his chest, shoulders, back and legs. "Completely unfair..." he croaked. He managed to bring himself to his hands and knees and looked up. Randolf lay on the floor, trying to pry out the bolts. Alron let out a weak laugh, feeling blood trickle from his mouth. "Oh damn." Either I've cut my lip on my smooth mask, bitten my tongue, which honestly I'm too pained to feel, or there's some serious organ damage.

Alron struggled to his feet, slipping his (thankfully magic) syringe from his pocket and stabbing it into his wrist. The pain and dizziness began to fade as the potion did its work. Unmoving, he charged the Lighting Rod once more. Five minutes maximum. This'll be one hell of a finish.

Shepherd
02-24-2011, 09:08 AM
"Enough!" The man in the suit looked at the combantants as a wall of invisible force stopped each of them in their tracks. "This battle is over, you shall both be healed and returned from whence you were summoned. However, only Alron will be advancing to the next round. A well fought battle and a hard judgement to make to be sure, you both performed admirably."

And with that pronouncment the world around the combantants shattered like fragments of broken glass that drifted into nothingness leaving them where they had been when summoned, as if only mere moments had passed. Was it all an illusion?