PDA

View Full Version : Leper Colony: The Island of the Lost

Enigma
11-10-2009, 07:43 AM
ISS Clarkson Captain's Log, November 10, 2909.

Today we will enter orbit over 13849-3, an inhabitable world 41 light-years spinward from New Haven. Examination of a report filed 23 years ago by a robot probe suggests a possibly illegal human colony on one of the planet's smaller continents, possibly a refugee colony from the war. Our mission is to investigate this world and its colony without revealing ourselves.

The reports we have shows the world is slightly smaller than Earth, with about .9 of standard gravity. 19% oxygen/78% nitrogen mix, with liquid oceans and subtropical where we're going, about 1-2ºC warmer than average.

We've used the two weeks of travel time here to shake down the ship. We're running on a skeleton crew, but Admiral Foster assures me that we've got sufficient numbers for such an "easy job". I certainly hope she's right, any help will be light-years behind us.

I wish we could have waited for the new officers and crew but they're not expected for at least another two weeks. I could really use a good XO and Ops to keep an eye on things, but with our numbers I suppose we can wait until our return.

To keep the crew occupied, we brought on board some extra supplies for the autofabs on Deck 2 to help them dress up their bunks and quarters - within reason. On the way back, I shall have to schedule a round of inspections on the way back to check out how creative my crew has been.

-Capt. Katherine Bell.

Anthraxus
11-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Dr. Montross stepped into the main lab and slowly surveyed the room. His stooped shoulders, pale skin, and rheumy eyes contrasted sharply with the quick pace of his walk into the room. A much younger man followed a few steps behind, and once in the room stepped to the side to remain as unobtrusive as possible.

Jalen crossed to the holographic imaging tank and analyzer that dominated the center of the room and stepped to the side of the rather burly, bearded middle aged man who was bent over on of the control consoles. "The Captain has said that we are nearing orbit, what are the early scans?"

The bearded tech looked up from his console and said, "Long range scans indicate that the earlier scout report are accurate in the broad range. There does appear to be some minor, but noticeable, air pollution coming from center of the small southern continent consistent with single or dual colony medium industry, mainly mining and smelting. There is no indication of wide spread colonization, even on that continent, but we'll know better after orbital insertion." He paused for a moment before continuing, "Dr. Montross? Did you ask Captain Bell about the possibility of dropping a penetrating geo probe somewhere on the northern continent so we can get a rough idea of the mineral makeup of the planet?"

Jalen stared at the tech for a few moments, seemingly lost in thought before saying, "I put in the request, but no answer was forthcoming. Most likely a decision will not be made until after we have achieved orbit."

Ushima
11-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Roland was in the vehicle bay working. He had just inspected s the jeeps and he was not at all happy with their condition. "Why'd they have to send us these run down death traps?" H picked up a welding torch, flipped down his mask and ignited the flame. He started working on the side and underneath the jeep.

"Lieutenant Gibbs? I have the weapon inventory." One of his security officers, Amanda Jenkins, handed him the information.

"Thats not a lot but that was to be expected." Most of the crew didn't carry firearms on the ship, if anything a stun pistol was what they had. Anything other than that was kept in a storage locker, even then the only ones with access to that were the captain, his second in command Lieutenant Commander Stith Hiridct and himself. "Dismissed." Jenkins saluted then left and he went back to working on the engine.

spirits breath
11-10-2009, 05:03 PM
(not sure if you and I were both working on the jeep, but we are now)

Stith went around to the front of the jeep, and opened the hood. A small array of wires were there, surrounding a large central mass. He reached for his rubber gloves and placed them over his hands.

He pushed the wires aside, to make a clearing. He pulled a small screw driver closer to him with his leg. "I can change the resistors to allow more energy flow to the engine, and make these things able to go faster than they normally should. Only problem is that when I do this, the fusion battery will give out sooner."

He tilted his head up, trying to think of the turnout in distance. "Yea, if I get this thing to be able to just increase a little bit, then we could actually gain a few miles. That is, if the radio isn't blasting, and you don't have the AC going as well. If you do, well you start to lose distance." He pushed Rolands hand out of the way as he brought the screwdriver in.

Stith loosened the small rubber resister, via wiggling it back with the edge of the small flat head. He opened a small cap, a hiss came out. After waiting a few seconds, and the hissing stopped, he closed the cap tightly. "Helps keep from over pressurization. Different gravity on the planet side."

Stith pushed the rubber resistor back in, and scrapped off some excess plastic from the wireing, and fed it into the small slit.

Stith walked round the jeep. "Hey I am going on break soon. Leave the jeep closed. You don't want the new guys coming in to help you out. This thing will take a week to fix then." Stith placed his tools back into his toolbox and picked the large box up. "gotta drop this off. and if I hit anyone it is there fault." Under his breath he spoke to himself, almost whispering to himself. "What is with humans and an alien so messed up, they keep staring at me"

ThatGuy
11-11-2009, 02:51 AM
For Aria the whole journey so far had consisted of hiding from everyone inside her quarters, scribbling things down in journals and reviewing profiles of the crew. First up had come the Captain, then she'd gone down the list from there, checking for useful information like past health issues, allergies, brief family histories, all that junk. So far nothing all that interesting had popped up, but that was no surprise. After all, life was full of things that were in no way significant or interesting.

As she stood up, Aria snatched her A3 off the table and slid it gently into the holster at her waist. The gun was more of a safety blanket than it was an effective defense tool. If she had to protect herself from anything other than domestic threats, such as a crazy person loose on the ship, it would be nearly useless. To add to that, not only was the firepower so minimal, but her hands always seemed to shake when she held it... Or did they always do that? No matter, Dorian made Aria feel safe, so she'd kept him on her. Those morons from security had "requested" that she turn it in, probably making sure that no one would be armed if there were a mutiny of some sort, but she'd managed to keep it.

With a swift swing of her arm the files Aria had been looking at were off the table and securely under her arm. She nonchalantly opened the door to her quarters and walked into the frightening outside world. A man smiled and nodded as he passed her. Aria felt her muscles tense up and nearly ran back into the room, only resisting the impulse because of the duties that she knew she would have to perform. The sense of duty was all the kept Aria moving as she headed down the stairs to the deck where the map supposedly said her office, aka the sickbay, was located. Now she just had to get the right door...

Taking a deep breath, Aria entered the sickbay. Inside waiting on her was a group of her favorite things in the universe: living people. Great. Ignoring their smiles and trying to hold in her urge to rush out of the room crying, Aria continued in and placed the files she had under her arm onto a table.

"I need someone to... help me with a file, please?"

Anthraxus
11-11-2009, 04:18 AM
Jalen reached to the back of his head drew out the thin umbilical cord that was housed there. He plugged it into the central console and tapped out a quick sequence on the controls. Again he seemed to stare off at nothing for a moment before nodding and disconnecting the cord. It withdrew back into his skull automatically.

While this was going on the tech sidled over to the ensign and said in a low whisper, "It doesn't matter how many time I see him do that, it still creeps me out." The ensign nodded with a small smile and responded, "I know what you mean Kurt."

spirits breath
11-11-2009, 04:26 AM
Stith turned back, saying a quick farewell to Rolland. He walked down the halls, turning slowely as he looked at the doors. He looked over to the small numbers. there can't be that many different rooms, can there? Least I don't have to share mine, I don't thing I would be able to stand a new member of this ship, or someone I just don't know to be next to me while I sleep.

He placed his toolbox at the base of his bed. He removed the rubber gloves he had on and placed them onto his toolbox. Stith walked to the side of his bed, lieing on his back, tail pushed to the side. " Wonder what they are serving today?" Stith opened his mouth wide, closing his eyes as he yawned. He rolled off of the bed, landing onto his outstreatched arm and leg.

The room looked a lot bigger than it actually was, it certanly was bigger thanks to his promotion, but for not having to share, it was his peice of home. That is if his home was nice and white. His bathroom had a shower, meaining he wouldn't have to worry about some other person, a hot bath was always nice after being on call most of the day, and when he is somewhat off, as in not about to be called down somewhere. The headset was attched to him, not entirelly but it was with him enough to be considered a part of him.

He swept his hands over his small forehead, and pulled back his ears a little bit. He slowely walked to his door, crouching low to get ready to not hit the door for a change. His legs bent up by his neck, and his body seemed to fill the space two humans owuld if they walked close to eachother. His body shifted left and right, head turning to keep focus on the walkway ahead of him. A small group of shiphands ran by, pushing his leg to the side as means of not getting kneed in the stomach. Two of them, might have been nurses. Seemed to have the small medical kits with them that rudely flailed around with there arms. "Keep your arm still, you will kill somebody with that box!" The two nurses continued on there paths, more than likely getting in the mindset of seeing sick people and worrying about getting sick as well.

As Stith stared at them, he couldn't help but reflect from his last ship. I never did get the results back? What would happen if I got injured. I have never seen how my insides are, let alone a humans. And I know there is something with blood. O, A, c or something. Whats that mean, and what does the letters mean? Opening Animals by Cutting? Screw it, it is time for lunch.

--moments later, at the mess hall.--

Stith moved the small plasic tray down the line. Looking back and forth to make sure he isn't about to push someones tray over. He rose a little bit, legs getting thinner. More strain on his hamstrings though. He looked over the few selections available. "I'll try whatever the red thing is with the round, spiraly things."

"You mean ratoni?"

Stith quietly said, "Sure." As the man gave him some of the ratoni, he grabbed a bottle of water, and left to a small open table. He slowely ate, actually enjoying one of the foods for a change in the past two days schedual. He looked at the other humans eat there varied things and talk with eachother. I think i figured out how to fix the jeeps to have far higher capacity. Add just a smaller sub battery that would [ower the non essential functions, and serve as a backup for the oxygen outputs. Great, here I am off duty and yet I still try to work.

Stith ate slowely as he people watched. His small tail hund off the back of the padded chair, and his legs stretched out under the table. On occasion, his ears would perk different directions involuntariy because of the sound.

Enigma
11-12-2009, 03:41 AM
On the bridge, Capt. Bell watched as the planet on the view screen edged a fraction closer.

"Helm, descend to 300 nautical miles and assume a geostationary orbit just within sensor range of the southern continent."
"Aye aye, Ma-am!"

She watched the helmsmen for a moment as he fiddled with his controls, then glanced over at the Comm station. "Picking up anything Liddy?"
"Yes ma-am," Liddy replied, swivelling in her chair to face the captain, one hand on her earpeice. "Some radio transmissions, but so far they don't seem to be aware of us."
"Let me know if that changes."
"Aye aye ma-am!"

"Ma-am!" interrupted the helmsman, "We've set geosync orbit, elevation 300 nautical miles as ordered."
"Very good. Maintain until further orders."
"Aye aye, ma-am!"

Kathy glanced around the bridge. There was a skeleton crew in place, enlisted, covering all the important stations. Even one of Gibb's security men was there, sitting at the fire control station, ready to defend the ship. Hopefully when they got back to New Haven there'd be more crew waiting for them.

"Petty officer of the watch," she called out, glancing behind her at the stoutish man standing at his desk, "please summon the senior officers to the bridge, please." What few we've got, anyway.

"Aye, aye ma-am!" he replied, standing straighter, then touching a control on his desk.
"All senior officers, please report to the bridge," echoed the man's voice from the lower decks. "All senior officers, please report to the bridge."

Anthraxus
11-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Hearing the annoucement, Jalen looked to his Chief Tech and said, "We should be within close sensor range now. Do a full spectrum sweep and route the results to my station on the bridge." Chief Tech Salvadore nodded, and Jalen strode from the lab. The ensign quietly turned and followed him out.

The pair walked quickly to the lift and, after a few moments of silent transit, emerged onto the bridge. Dr. Montross stepped quickly to the science station and attached his umbilical cord. He looked to the Captain and said, "I have the long range scan results. Nothing of particular interest, except that there is no evidence of low-orbit traffic or sattelites. We should have passive scans and general mapping in just a few moments. Authorization to deploy micro-satellites?" The last was asked with a small smirk.

spirits breath
11-12-2009, 06:46 PM
As Stith brought up the small plastic tray to get cleaned, a loud announcement was heard. All senior officers please report to the bridge. Stith lightly tossed the tray into the small pile by the washrooms and turned 180 degrees. As a few ship hands went by, some of his lower ranked engineers came by and saluted him.

Stith's head cocked to the side, and he copied there actions. He then dismissed the salute. In a annoyed manner, stith replied to the younger members he had to look over. "Look, you don't have to salute me every time you see me. There is no need to, if you feel the need to, by all means carry on. But I just don't feel the need." He watched as the mens faces that were lit up, seem to droop a bit. Stith tried to be reasuring in his tone, but it came out softer. "Feel free to salute me, and go enjoy your meals. I have to go."

Stith walked quickly, not much of a runner as he swayed too much, and would end up killing somebody by some odd series of events after they trip. He followed a small pathway that lead to the bridge. He had a little walk to go, and crossed his room. I can stand to leave my toolbox. I hope my underlings haven't done anything that will come back to me.

He pulled his skin tight shirt out, releasing the small amount of trapped heat. He let it go as a small puff of cool air hit his chin. "Gotta move, they are probably waiting for me as I stand here."

He moved, lifting one bent leg only a little bit, while rolling on the heal of his other foot, moving like a small child would, except for the swaying and falling down. He advanced to the small flight of stairs, he went up, hitting every third step. "Damn, I hate these things, the corners are just not agreeing with me."

Stith rounded a small turn, and up into the bridge. He saw Captain Bell, and walked slowly to her position, keeping a few yards distance. "Evening Captain Bell. Any reasoon for a sudden call?"

Ushima
11-13-2009, 01:35 AM
Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out
Till my legs give out, can’t shut my mouth.
Till the smoke clears out - am I high? Perhaps
I'ma rip this shit till my bone collapse.

Roland nodded his head to the music as he continued to work. He slammed the hood of the jeep down and starred at the red skull he painted on it. "Nice." He returned to his room and showered, washing away the oil and grim from working.

Stepping out of the shower he started music again. He put on fresh clothes, a pair of black pants, black muscle-shirt and black combat boots. He looked at himself in the mirror, tattoos, scars and bullet wounds Roland sat at the table, his side arm in several pieces. He connected the barrel to the handle and popped in the cyclinder. He screwed the rail to the top of the barrel. He attached the guns infamous blades. Razor's Edge was complete and he holstered it on his left hip.

Roland was going to go get something to eat when he heard th Captain call for the officers to the bridge. "Food can wait." It didn't take long for Roland to get to the Bridge and take a place next to Stith. "Reporting Ma'am."

ThatGuy
11-13-2009, 03:33 AM
Aria stood in silence in one of the corners of the sickbay, observing the behavior and actions of the others in the room. Such analysis would be necessary for her work in the future. Or at least that's what she'd kept telling herself to avoid thinking about the fact that she'd have to work with people again and in close-quarters. Kind of funny really, she had become a doctor to help people, in a way, and now she was more afraid of them than any weapons or other situations that she could be put in. Then again, she hadn't truly become a doctor for the people, it was more for the diseases and interest she found with them. Of course, the other option to this assignment was another day on some border planet curing the sniffles for some farmer's son.

"All senior officers please report to the bridge."

With a great sigh, Aria began to walk towards the door, leaving the little worker bees to fulfill the minor and trivial tasks that she had assigned to them in order to "test their reactions and efficiency", aka give Aria time to stand in a corner and stop herself from having a heart attack or something before they had even had a patient. Aria figured that she'd eventually get used to working with this people, maybe, in a few hundred years or something. Maybe if they did something exciting like fly into a wormhole and come out in a different dimension or something, despite the scientific invalidity of that scenario.

The trip to the bridge was full of excitement. Lots of bumping into people and freaking out internally, even shrieking and throwing her hands into the air while cowering against the wall in terror when a woman had accidentally dropped a clipboard she had been carrying. Despite these extremely tragic and dangerous events, Aria managed to finally make it, only to see that inside the bridge was, once again, another, more massive, group of people. Aria nearly stepped back outside, only coming in because of, once again, her responsibilities that she felt must be performed. These of course included their little meetings on the bridge. Aria still didn't see any point in being here, she was only the doctor. All the service she could provide would be readying the sickbay or something. But some information was better than no information, so Aria decided just to stick around anyway and try to get a better understanding of their situation and mission. Along with all of this Aria fought bravely to avoid bumping into people, looking happy, or smiling, even retreating close to the wall again and looking around at everyone like a paranoid schizophrenic.

Anthraxus
11-13-2009, 03:48 AM
While awaiting the Captain's approval for deploying the spy satellites, Jalen smiled tightly when the Mantrin came onto the bridge. He surreptitiously turned on his video recorder implant and adjusted his position to keep the alien in frame. Holding one hand low to trigger his holographic keyboard, he quickly keyed in a few notes on the creature's movements and posturing.

As the other senior officers arrived, he added in quick notes on their visible state of mind. "The doctor is of particular interest," he thought to himself, "Obviously in no state to handle even a minor emergency." Adding a final note to check on how proficient his techs were on basic medical practices, he dropped his hand and waited for the Captain's attention.

Enigma
11-13-2009, 04:38 AM
The pair walked quickly to the lift and, after a few moments of silent transit, emerged onto the bridge. Dr. Montross stepped quickly to the science station and attached his umbilical cord. He looked to the Captain and said, "I have the long range scan results. Nothing of particular interest, except that there is no evidence of low-orbit traffic or sattelites. We should have passive scans and general mapping in just a few moments. Authorization to deploy micro-satellites?" The last was asked with a small smirk.
"Not until local nightfall," Kathy replied, eyeing him straight on. "I want to avoid tipping our hand."

Stith rounded a small turn, and up into the bridge. He saw Captain Bell, and walked slowly to her position, keeping a few yards distance. "Evening Captain Bell. Any reasoon for a sudden call?"
"We're here," she said, nodding towards the viewscreen. "I wanted to hear if after we land we will be able to take off again. "

...Jalen smiled tightly when the Mantrin came onto the bridge. He surreptitiously turned on his video recorder implant and adjusted his position to keep the alien in frame. Holding one hand low to trigger his holographic keyboard, he quickly keyed in a few notes on the creature's movements and posturing.

It didn't take long for Roland to get to the Bridge and take a place next to Stith. "Reporting Ma'am."
"Are the cg jeeps ready? Once we're on the ground, we're going to have to be able to get people in and out quickly."

Along with all of this Aria fought bravely to avoid bumping into people, looking happy, or smiling, even retreating close to the wall again and looking around at everyone like a paranoid schizophrenic."Good afternoon Doctor," the captain smiled. "Everything in order down in sickbay?"

While awaiting the Captain's approval for deploying the spy satellites, Jalen smiled tightly when the Mantrin came onto the bridge. He surreptitiously turned on his video recorder implant and adjusted his position to keep the alien in frame. Holding one hand low to trigger his holographic keyboard, he quickly keyed in a few notes on the creature's movements and posturing.

"As you know, we're undermanned here. I can't leave the ship, so I'm going to depend on all of you to find out what we need and report back. Without revealing ourselves, we need to know who these people are and what they're doing here."

"If our jeeps are up to it, I want to land out and away from the largest settlement and send teams lead by you in to get the information we need. And the last thing we need here is a gun battle people. We don't want to start anything, but if it comes to that, I want to be sure we can finish it."

Ushima
11-13-2009, 04:47 AM
"Yeah the jeeps are ready. I, along with Stith's help, finished them earlier so we'll be good to go when we land." Roland gave his report about the jeeps. Changing tires, reattaching doors, pounding out dents, reapplying paint and closing a few bullet holes. "And no gun battles. I'll tell the boys to keep the safety on, or else."

The fact that he would finally get off this ship was welcome news. While he might not see combat, which if you ask him would be a welcome break from the ten years he served. "Who you putting in charge of the ground team Ma'am?"

Enigma
11-14-2009, 03:44 AM
Captain Bell's eyes flicked to Dr. Montross, then to Stith.

"Our chief engineer is the senior line officer," she replied, nodding. "I'd like you to lead the ground mission."

"And I'd like you to be his deputy," she added, turning back to Roland. "We need intelligence people. I'd like to tell the brass why these people are here. Any questions?"

Enigma
11-14-2009, 03:45 AM
Captain Bell's eyes flicked to Dr. Montross, then to Stith.

"Our chief engineer is the senior line officer," she replied, nodding. "I'd like you to lead the ground mission."

"And I'd like you to be his deputy," she added, turning back to Roland. "We need intelligence people. I'd like to tell the brass why these people are here. Any questions?"

Anthraxus
11-14-2009, 03:55 AM
Dr. Montross's face turned quizzical, "Pardon me, Captain, but you want us to just pull up to their largest town in the cg jeeps, with no warning and no scouting, and hope that we don't start something?"

He gestured slightly towards the main screen, where a beautiful view of the planet stood center stage. "Wouldn't it make more sense, given the lack of satellites and such, for us to deploy one that can give us high-res imagery of the smaller settlement, so that we can see what kind of transport they are used to, and see if we can't approach them with more of a semblance of their own tech level? Maybe even have an opportunity to observe them au naturale before announcing ourselves." (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=au+naturale)

spirits breath
11-14-2009, 04:48 AM
Stith looked back to the captain, giving a quick nod when he was asked if they would be able to lift off again. But as the captains statement that he was to lead the ground mission along with Roland at his side, his ears perked up and his jaw dropped a little. A sense of pride filled him, knowing that he must have had some serious respect or something earned to lead a team.

Stith attempted to mask his internal emotion by sounding serious, but some glee still was mixed in. "It is an honor Captain Bell. Thank you."

He stepped back, resisting some urge to celebrate. He was able to get different air, and use what he was working on for so long on. As well as get away from some of the people on the ship, mainly his under ranked engineers. He turned to Roland, and spoke softly. "I am glad that it is you assisting me in leading the team. You seem to be able to lead through fear, and could probobly help me lead the others in a separate manner."

Stith turned around, giving a quick glance at Captain Bell, then faced Dr.Montross. I wouldn't mind knowing what we are up against. Especially what is on that planet, and hew they view us. But spying on them could be both benific, gah, good for us. As well as bad. Think about it, we can't really sneak people around in jeeps, and if we are seen spying then they might not trust us as much."

Stith looked back, streatching his neck sideways. "Captain Bell, how many is going planet side? And do we have any intel on what is down there at all? Have to say, I have no idea what we will be up against."

A small white dot at the very edge of Stith's eye caught enough attention to force him to look. A female was there, up against the wall. He moved next to Dr.Montross, his large leg stepping next to him, and his knee bent inwards a little to avoid collisoin with the man. His small tail slid on the ground behind him, making a large squiggly line behind him. He approched her, and looked up at her.

"Are you the medic who will be accompanying us on the mission? Hope so, I think I saw you a few times before arounf the ship.Hard to tell, you are all running all the time. Well, my names Stith, though I don't think I ever caught yours." Why does she seem so shy, I mean nothing has happened to be afraid of a few people. Well mabie the fact that any of us could have heart problems and then...I don't know. I would never make it far as a medic. Just wouldn't work and I would definitly mess something up along those lines of cutting them, and being cool with blood rolling over my hands. Then the uniforms. Well in general, these things aren't designed for mantrins. not at all. But it fits and I have been wearing them long enough to be accostomed to them.

ThatGuy
11-14-2009, 05:59 AM
Aria felt as if her heart was going to stop when the captain asked her that simple, six word question, "Everything in order down in sickbay?" The only thing that popped into Aria's head instantly was a simple answer, though it sounded more like a frightened grunt than human speech.

"Y-yes..." She looked at the Captain's feet as she spoke, avoiding eye contact with everyone in the room.

Merely seconds after speaking a feeling of fullness in her throat and emptiness in her stomach began. Just the symptoms of anxiety. Or the start of a panic attack with the speed that a mere one word exchange had made her heart beat with. This was absurd, that her, a medical practitioner, was in need of a mental health expert. Maybe that's why Aria had avoided the therapists and psychologists on all of her previous assigned locations, because the whole situation was ridicules.

The Mantrin approached her and Aria felt her heart again speed up. But why was that, he wasn't even human! PTSD couldn't have transmitted to all social interactions, could it? Perhaps she was schizophrenic, who knows? Only the mental health professionals that had insisted on seeing her and were repeatedly turned down could answer that.

The Mantrin, who identified himself as Stith, began to speak to her. Wonderful, that meant she had to give a response, "Yes, I'm... Doctor Aria Raegan..."

Enigma
11-15-2009, 07:28 AM
Dr. Montross's face turned quizzical, "Pardon me, Captain, but you want us to just pull up to their largest town in the cg jeeps, with no warning and no scouting, and hope that we don't start something?"

He gestured slightly towards the main screen, where a beautiful view of the planet stood center stage. "Wouldn't it make more sense, given the lack of satellites and such, for us to deploy one that can give us high-res imagery of the smaller settlement, so that we can see what kind of transport they are used to, and see if we can't approach them with more of a semblance of their own tech level? Maybe even have an opportunity to observe them au naturale before announcing ourselves." (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=au+naturale)

Captain Bell smiled, then nodded behind her. "This way, gentlemen."

Slipping out of her raised chair, she led them past the Watch desk to the secondary stations on the back wall.

"Computer, display images 11, 14, & 23 from the robot reconnaissance report."

Three of the six displays lit up, showing detailed images taken from orbit. Images 11 & 23 showed cg jeeps in flight.

14 showed the edge of the large settlement, with cg jeeps parked near a small piper-class commercial cargo ship. It's clear also that the thin crowd is mostly human, peppered with a few aliens.

"In small settlements, strangers stick out. But with the traffic observed on the flyby going to the large settlement here by the bay, out of uniform most of you should blend in nicely."

"Of course, this information here is twenty-three years old. Our on-board systems can pull up most of what we need for imagery, but we can send down a LARP (Low Altitude Reconnaissance Probe) to take a closer look. Anyone from the ground should think it's just a big bird, thanks to its shape."

"I'd like to hear plans though on what you intend to do once we're on the ground."

spirits breath
11-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Stith backed up a little bit, feeling like he might have came too close to Aria and did something that might have been offensive. "Aria, why are you so nervous? I didn't get into some pesonal space thing, or some other thing that isn't really cool. You know racist against my kind or something?" He waited a little bit, realizing he just said. "I didn't just say thiat out loud did I?"

His ears perked back, Captain Bell speaking about some reconnaissance probe that would be sent down to scan the area. But her earlier statement about getting out of uniform was the thing that he didn't like. It took long enough to get his uniform of when he was six months younger, and now to get out and into something else?

He turned his head, looking back to the captain, and making sure we wouldn't knock somebody over. He turned slowely, lifting his one leg up and turning 180 degrees to the right. "Captain Bell. I know my plan. First off, spend a while getting out of the uniform, then spend time getting into another. Then we all get ready to go planet side." Stith cocked his head in a leftward angle. "Well depending on how it is down there, we could send in a small group to lead the way, and return to get the rest when we get the all clear. Showing up with several people with guns wouldn't set up a good impression now would it? Or if down there is hostile, we can get what we need and get out guns blazing. I am definitly in fvor of my original plan. I haven't worked out much details, but it is that sort of thing that you cannot plan for it to be a smooth ride. I prefer to plan as I go maim."

Stith walked back a few steps, passing by Aria. "Now if you excuse me, I have to get into a different uniform. Knock if you need me." He walked to the stairs, and walked slowely down them, going on every other step. [i] why can't they just have a ramp instead of stairs? It would be so much easier for everyone. Now I have to get into some clothes that has been in those ugly drawers for who knows how long."

Stith entered his room, closing and locking the door behind him. He would prefer not to have surprise visits from a cleaner or just about anybody on the ship to see him.

Panzerkit
11-16-2009, 07:30 AM
Mariko hadn't really noticed the order for senior officers to report to the bridge, on the other, larger, more fully staffed ships she had been on she had certainly been far away from being a senior officer. People had started looking at her, but it took a while for her to realize they were looking at her for . . . other reasons than the usual reason she'd been looked at a lot lately. When realization hit she jumped up with a gasp and took off for the bridge at a dead sprint, apologizing to some of the things she hit along the way.

Mariko flew onto the bridge and skidded to a stop panting, she straightened herself up and saluted, "L Lieutenant Kanzaki reporting ma'am, n no excuses"

Ushima
11-16-2009, 05:22 PM
"Well seeing as this is a non-combat mission we won't be rolling in there with a full crew. I'll take four of my men, leaving Jenkins in-charge of security while i'm gone. So any issues should be taken to her. We'll take three jeeps and approach the settlement, announce our pressenece." Roland let out a sigh. "We might be sticking out in the open but its the best way to try to avoid a violent encounter. I'll meet you down in the hangar." Roland saluted and left, passing a very flustered Lieutenant.

"Jackson with me!" Roland called and Sgt. Jackson came over.

"Yes sir?" Jackson asked.

"You're coming with me when we go down to the planet. So lets get ready." They entered the armory where two other men were getting geared. Roland put on a vest, attaching the red metal plate onto it. The skull armor piece went on his right shoulder, black fingerless gloves, forearm guards. His upper arms were left exposed. He unlocked the storage lockers containing heavier weapns. "Remember, shoot only on my order."

"Sir yes sir." Everyone grabbed and assualt rifle but Roland also picked up a silver container. "What's that?" One of the men asked.

Jackson smirked. "It's the ISH." The other two didn't say anything in response, they were still confused. "The incase shit happens weapon." The three ran to catch up with Roland.

"Jackson, you're with me. Ramirez, you'll go with Stith. Allen, you're in jeep three with whoever else is riding in it, keep'em safe alright?" They put on their helmets. Ramirez and Allen's were standard issue, while Jackson and Roland had their Crimson guard helmets. The only difference is theirs were a skull mask and the eyes were red.

"Roland?"

"Yeah buddy?"

"Next time you do something, don't let me defend you." Jackson punched Roland in the arm.

"Hey I didn't ask you to. And how was I supposed to know you'd get sent here with me?" Roland shoved Jackson back. The group passed their designated medic on the way. "You're riding with me Aria, just so you know."

"It'll probably be the safest place to be on this outting." Jackson added. "The jeep with the skulls painted on it, just incase you're wondering."

~

Inside the vehicle bay the three jeeps were being preped. "Lieutenant, jeep one has been outfitted with the heavy gun as you requested. Really think you'll need it?"

"I don't think we will private, but it never hurts to be ready." Roland got in the driver's seat, Jackson in the back with the ISH. "Jackson, load that weapon."

"Yes sir!" Jackson quickly went to work.

"Now we wait." Roland lifted the helmet a bit and lit a cigar. He took a long drag and exhaled. He starred into the smoke before swatting it away. He activated the device on his wrist and music filled the vehicle bay.

"You know smoking isn't really healthy for you in the long run." Jackson said.

Roland smirked. "Neither is being in the military."

spirits breath
11-17-2009, 02:04 AM
Stith shuffled through to drawers near his bed. The heavily bolted drawers not to mention as part of them. He pulled the drawers open, a row of undergarments, and socks. He closed it with a slam. He tried the next drawer, it had shirts neatly folded. On the left was an extra ship uniform, the decals were present unlike his current one. They have been taken off a long time ago, and it wasn't hard to tell his rank. Having underlings saluting him easily spread word and recognition.

He removed his shirt, pulling the streatchy material over his head and winding it through his arms. He had to pull back hard as it got caught at his head, streatching over his mouth and then pushed his head up before snapping off.

He pulled the other shirt to him. It was also made of the streatchy material but was a brighter red than his faded brown shirt he just wore. He looked down at his pants and sighed heavily."Now how is this going to work?"

Stith pulled open the third drawer, some pants for recreation and more work pants. they must have really expected me to change a lot more often. Heh, as if. He found a pair of pants that were a deep swampy green with a hint of black in them. He moved onto his bed and closed his eyes.

The process was dredful. He got it to his first leg bend easily. Then it got difficult as the material tried to ride back up and decompress. He had to extend his leg to get rid of the clumping, his body bent over itself as he did so. He pushed the fabric with his fingertips untill it would go no further. "This is why I would have prefered shorts."

His breath grew heavier as he strained his muscles to move a thin peice of fabric. He couldn't cut it because a skin tight uniform just didn't work for that kind of objective. He sat up, feeling cold for a few seconds. He pulled his legs apart moving them in and out while lifting one leg in and the other out. It worked as his legs became thinner but by his feet it seemed to fail him.

He couldn't reach his foot as he was limited on movement because his legs were stuck to move in three inch intervals. An idea came to him though, to use the drawer to pull the last bit off. Stith looped the fabric over the corner of the drawers and pulled down slowly as the material came to its last bit of resistance and flung a couple inches into the air before falling down.

Stith took a while to catch his breath and then began the process again only in reverse. This was easier as he just bundled it over his calve and stood up with it. it had a small hole for his stub of a tail and that secured it on his hips and it was over his shirt.

He grabbed his hat from a small rack near the door. He turned around and picke dup his large toolbox. don't know why I am taking this. But I cannot risk anything. Plus it would be a nice sheild from firearms. And those jeeps. He moved to the door, and headed down the ships corridors to the ship deck.

He looked at the images on the monitor and he wondered if these were just taken. "Stith Hiridct reporting back. Any news on the others or about the inhabitants that should be said?"

Enigma
11-18-2009, 04:07 AM
Mariko flew onto the bridge and skidded to a stop panting, she straightened herself up and saluted, "L Lieutenant Kanzaki reporting ma'am, n no excuses"

After the other officers excused themselves, Kathy took Mariko aside.

"I know this was a bit of a surprise, coming all this way and then winding up taking on the duties of the Ops officer on top of your own. But I wouldn't ask you of this if I didn't think you could handle it," she said. "However, until we get another senior officer, you'll have to report when I call for the Senior Officers, got it?"

He grabbed his hat from a small rack near the door. He turned around and picke dup his large toolbox. don't know why I am taking this. But I cannot risk anything. Plus it would be a nice sheild from firearms. And those jeeps. He moved to the door, and headed down the ships corridors to the ship deck.

He looked at the images on the monitor and he wondered if these were just taken. "Stith Hiridct reporting back. Any news on the others or about the inhabitants that should be said?"

Kathy glanced back and frowned. "Looks like three landing fields now - this settlement's twice as big now. A few more smaller settlements - computer, designate these as 'golf', 'hotel', 'india', and 'juliet'."

"LARP's done a run over the settlements we knew about, looks like in the smaller towns its work gear. I think if our group stays with bland civy clothes, we'll be ok. I've spotted a Belgin and a Frav, so aliens are part of this society."

"There is this clearing, eleven miles from the edge of the large settlement, that going to be our landing spot. Think you can get in there and find out what's going on without anyone discovering you?"

spirits breath
11-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Stith paused for a monent, thinking on some outcomes. He looked up at Captain Bell. "I beleive we could, assuming there aren't any spreading of the civilization as well as they manage to not notice several jeeps comming down."

Stith placed his toolbox on the ground beside him, he looked down at his skin, and his attire. I could possibly sneak in, but not alone. I wouldn't see myself doing that. I could get in the settlement, but I have no idea what a Belgin and a Frav is. So I can only assume our races are in a mutual relationship so it could be good."

Stith stepped back a little bit, looking around Captain Bell at a human breathing somewhat heavily. Is that who is controling this thing? It could be welcoming, hopefuly we aren't deserted on the planet.

"Though Captain, I could simply tear my clothes a bit, make it look like I was roughed up, living off the land. That way I could be brought in from hospit, ah. Kindness. See how that works, but I just threw that one out. Only arriving on the planet could give a better solution."

Anthraxus
11-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Jalen tutted at Stith's last suggestion. "You're just as likely to wind up under guard then. Our better option would be to enter the town under the guise of being tourists from one of the small villages. That way we could explain the Mantrin as being localized just to our village, since his race obviously won't be in the the standard mix. And we would be justified in being 'awed' by the big city to ask lots of questions. Maybe we could even find a tour group or something."

He tapped the implant on the side of his head, "I'm not sure what to do about my appearance however. None of the images I've seen of the colonies are of sufficient detail to see if personal cybernetics are commonplace. I wouldn't want to give away our mission by being more conspicuous than the Mantrin."

spirits breath
11-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Stith turned around, eyed the mechinized human. "Though I do agree that my last plan would just fail miserably, but touring? I highly doubt that we could act as a tourist group, well effectively anyways." He stroked the bottom of his snout. "Asking around town could help a lot, gets us where we need to go, and we seem less of a threat. Only one thing... wouldn't they think there would be more than one mantrin in a group?"

Stith walked away from the small group and brought his head down a little, looking up with his eyes at them. He spoke deeply, and softly. "Slave train. Simple just put robes on some of us. Those in robes could have guns or some kind of weapon. You know how it could go right? Small line with ropes, gives reason for the jeeps and armed crew. And well, think about it... my kind is looked down anyways. Saw it in some old movie, think it was indiana something. It worked in the movie." Stith shrugged a little bit, a small grin that showed some teeth grew and faded away quickly.

Stith walked up to Dr.Montross, walking around him. " Ever try covering them up in bandages. You could be the injured of the group that needs medical attention." He leaned in next to Dr.Montross's head. "You really need medical attention. Don't those things hurt you at all? What if an EMP wave washes over you?" He stepped back, coming to the front left of Dr.Montross.

"Roland might have a good idea, he has been in a few wars hasn't he? He should know some planets and people. Heck with all his medals, he could be revered as a hero among the humans in the civilization."

He scratched the back of his head, behind his ears. As he brought his hand up, he felt the tear he had in his ear. A story he wished to keep away even from himself, he knew someone was going to ask him. They asked worse things, but this was something he just didn't like to talk about as it was too personal. Why did I suggest that? I am even degrading myself with those kind of ideas. And touring, well get the one thing any society knows, money which I still don't have for myself. I hope I can get something, hopefuly they have something interesting to eat down there, I don't think I can live on eating ratoni.

Anthraxus
11-19-2009, 01:40 AM
"From the recordings, it doesn't look like they practice slavery, so I don't know if that idea would work," Jalen responded, "And covering my gear would probably be sufficent, so long as no inspectors insisted on looking at the wound. Most of my internal systems are hardened against EMP, although it would probably cost me might sight and most of my hearing. I do my best to avoid that kind of thing."

Enigma
11-19-2009, 03:52 AM
"In a place like this, the big town's probably the only place to go," Capt. Bell shrugged. "I don't think anyone would be surprised if some small-town folk showed up and started gawking."

Turning to the display, she called up a contact sheet and then selected three images to expand.

"You can see here some of the people are wearing some kind of hoodie. And this guy... a priest, do you think?" she asked. The man caught by the flying camera was wearing something that looked like a medieval monk's hooded habit, right down to the robe tied around his waist. A leather bag of some sort was slung over his shoulder.

"We've got some pictures for the big town, so you have some idea of what we're getting into. I've sent the LARP to get data about the settlement the farthest away from the big town. Looks like a farming community," she added, turning back.

"We'll make our landing in an hour, just at local sunset.

spirits breath
11-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Stith gave a nod of approval. "Ma'am, I am off to the jeep storage area. Have to get a quick double check of the jeeps, and bring this load of tools down there anyways. I will see you after this mission, assuming of course we are all still alive that is." Stith gave another quick nod, and turned around, walking down the stairs off the bridge.

He walked slowely down the halls, looking over the edges of the toolbox for turns, and on occasion a person. He kept a steady pace, a normal strut if anything. farming community? Great, a nice pitchfork in the gut from a human to end my life. Who would have guessed? Or they will think we are witches by coming out of the sky, I have seen farmers ticked off and hell, they could almost intimidate Roland.

Stith smacked his face on the metal plating in front of him due to a collision on the doorway. "Ahg Dammit!" The taste of blood wavered on his lips every so often, indicating a bloody nose. He placed the tool box down, placing his hand onto his nose. and looked down behind him. "I could have sworn blood was crimson, not blue. I should probobly get my blood checked out or something." Mabie this time I could see it for a change.

He entered the jeep yard, pulling his toolbox behind him, nose dripping still. He noticed Roland, well him with a jeep with a big gun on it. "Roland, what did you do to that thing? And when did we get a gun like that?" Stith walked up to the jeep, leaving his little box about four yards away from the jeep. He ran his fingers along the barrels, and spun it a little. "Nice, except you do realize that I would totaly call dibs on that gun, but quite frankly I would rather be riding next to you in passenger. Best spot in the car, enjoy the view, without having to worry about keeping my eyes on the road. And other things if I might add."

Ushima
11-22-2009, 03:32 AM
Roland took another drag on his cigar. "Yeah, to bad you're driving jeep two." He climbed out of the black skull painted red jeep. "All the jeeps are finished. Jackson, Aria and myself are in this one. You'll be with Ramirez and someone else. I don't know who exactly else is coming so decide or someone will just hop in." Roland flicked his cigar, ash flew everywhere. "Allen will be in number three, doing a damn job job right!?"

"Aces sir!" Allen shouted.

"Right then." Roland patted Stith on the shoulder. "Oi, I can tell you're nervous about going down there. Remeber, it's my job to protect you fools and I don't plan on screwing up." Roland left his friend and returned to the jeep."

"Lovely speech Roland." Jackson said from his spot in the back. Roland didn't say anything, just turned up the music.

Anthraxus
11-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Jalen looked at the captain and queried, "Do we have any information on local religions, or sects that were active around the assumed time of founding of these colonies within the Union that dressed like that? If I'm going to be impersonating a priest, I would like to have a little bit of background."

spirits breath
11-23-2009, 02:14 AM
Stith loomed down to the side of jeep two. "So driving, not exactly what I would have hoped but it should be fun." He stepped over the door, and onto the seat before getting seated. He bounced once, testing the materials resistance to shock. "Pretty nice, shouldn't feel much on these seats." He shifted around, placing his legs over the side, and lied down. "Hmm, could use a bit more. Ah"

He opened the door, and lied back down. "Now this is comfortable. Oh we leave in about fourty minuites or less to let you know." Ramirez walked up to the side of the car crossing his arms with an assult rifle strapped over his back, and a small pistol in his hip. As he walked closer, a small combat knife was in his boot. "Armed well I assume."

A grin rose on Ramirez's face. "You betcha, I have no problems killing a man."

Stith stood up quickly, looking over to Roland, then back at Ramirez. "That is...reassuring? So then, guess you will be in the passenger seat with me."

"Yea, make sure the inhabitants don't get too hostile. You would be surprised how fast people back down when they have the ISH over there aimed at them, and a couple of guns as well. But lets hope we don't need these guns, don't need unneeded disrespect and hostility to us the next time we come in."

Stith got out of the jeep, walked past Ramirez and picke dup his toolbox, placing it in the small trunk. "I am set to go, got my hat, my tools, and oh shit." He clicked the small comm unit on his ear, linking to his lower in command. He tiled his head to the right and looked toward his ear in a way. "Rich, you have command untill I get back, Alex you have second. Don't mess anything up while I am gone. I wouldn't want to come back and have to fix the engins from overheating and when I am done be stuck in the med ward for the next few monthes as I am burned that badly. Stith out."

He walked aorund the jeep once more and looked over at Roland. "Ready when you are. Just for the drop, heights scares the hell out of me."

Panzerkit
11-23-2009, 05:25 AM
Mariko nodded after the captain finished "Understood ma'am, it wont happen again."

"They seem to have contact with ships judging from the footage . . . doesnt that mean if they are lost that they want to be lost? Would a colony of this size have any antiship grade weapons?"

Enigma
11-23-2009, 07:24 AM
"They seem to have contact with ships judging from the footage . . . doesnt that mean if they are lost that they want to be lost? Would a colony of this size have any antiship grade weapons?"
"Yes, it would look like they want to be lost. And that worries some people," Capt. Bell sighed. "So far we haven't seen any weapons - but we'd be fools to assume they haven't got any. But we can land in the rough - most ships can't, so it's likely whatever weapons they do have are pointed at their own landing fields."

"I want you to join the landing party - go get changed into civvies. The landing party won't look quite so suspicious if you're with them." And if there are weapons and they're looking, someone will survive to contact the ISS and the Navy.

ThatGuy
11-24-2009, 04:03 AM
Aria exhaled the breath that she had hardly noticed she was holding. Good, they were scattering, that meant she could leave the bridge and return to her room and sit in the dark muttering to herself about how much of an idiot she was for taking this assignment and pray that the rest of the crew wouldn't bother her unless she was needed. Prolonged contact wasn't a good idea, no, no, no... Perhaps she should contact a mental health professional, this was getting far out of hand. Exposure to any kind of living being and she suddenly resorted to cowardice and exclusion? What would it be, an extreme case of Social Anxiety Disorder? Schizophrenia? Perhaps it was just stress... Yes, stress, it would get better.

Careful not to bump into anyone, meaning she was literally sliding along on the wall, Aria walked down the stairs to her room. A sense of urgency filled her, almost like she had something to do other than stare at a wall and avoid crying. Maybe she could review the crew's medical records? For a fourth time? There was always something you could miss, maybe she had skimmed through and forgot a crucial detail of the captain's, hmm? God, this was pitiful. Maybe Aria would get lucky and they'd drag her off to the planet or something and force her into an awkward social situation where she'd have to use her medical expertise to cope with the panic attack...

In the middle of her thoughts Aria was interrupted by a bump in the shoulder, to which she responded with screaming and flattening herself against the wall.

"NO! My god, oh my god, oh my god..." the woman looked over at her, walked forward in a peaceful manner, "NO! No touching! No!"

Aria took of running, that seemed like the best option at the moment... God, how would she react to patients in this state? Would it really be possible to practice medicine on a ship full of people and on people? What about surgery? No, that'd be different, that would fill her with a sense of duty of purpose, not fear... The door slammed behind her as Aria entered her quarters and she rushed to her bed, lay down, and began to cry herself to sleep for whatever brief period she would get to spend free and alone.

Enigma
11-27-2009, 05:20 AM
As the sun begins to edge over the planet's horizon, the captain turned her head and ordered, "Bosun, announce planetfall."
"Announce planetfall, aye aye!"

Around the ship, a shrill whistle sounded from the speakers. "Planetfall, planetfall! All personnel man your stations!"

"Helmsman, please start your descent."
"Start descent, aye aye!"
The helman's hand went to the contragrav sliders. He began sliding them down. On the forward screen, they could see themselves moving towards the planet.

"Two minutes until atmosphere contact."
"Bosun, pass atmosphere warning."
"Atmosphere warning, aye aye!"

"All hands, stand by for atmosphere contact. Secure all loose equipment."

Moments later, the saucer shuddered slightly as the belly made contact with the first gust of sun-warmed wind.

"Contact," the helmsman muttered unnecessarily.

The captain glanced around, pausing to study the engineering panel.
"Continue descent and drop forward angle five degrees" she ordered, satisified.
"Continue descent and drop forward angle five degrees aye aye!"

The saucer dipped lower into the air, the wind catching the disk-shaped ship and whispering softly past the thick hull as it fell towards the planet below. There was some more shuddering, but it eased minutes later.

"We're through!" the helmsman announced.
"Very good. Navigation, estimated time to landing spot?"
"Twenty-three minutes Captain!"
"Very good. Bosun, please have the landing party report to the hanger bay."

"Landing party," caroled out the bosun's voice from the speakers around the ship, "please report to the hanger bay. Landing party, please report to the landing bay."

spirits breath
12-02-2009, 12:56 PM
As everyone made haste, running into their designated jeeps. Gearing up for a drop and for some, getting away from home. The hatch opened slowely, light poured into the ships hanger, forcing some to close theie eyes to adjust to the new source of light.

The hatch went down to a downward slant, little flashing arrows pointed the direction to a one way drop. Roland was the first, screaming along with his crew "Hell Yea!" They were shouting nonsense towards eachother, this was a large thrill to them.
damn, adrenalin jockies. Stith pushed the front peddle down with his heel, a sudden jerk as the jeep came to life and accelerated rapidly towards the outside. Other jeeps, to his left and right did the same after he left, keeping a one group out at a time system and at different angles so they wouldn't hit eachother.

The slant approached, and diminished. Stiths eyes widened with fear, lips curling back with his teeth showing. As the last few seconds of ramp was left, he closed his eyes.
A pushing on his side made him open his eyes. "Stith, Stith we are out! Look and open your eyes.

Stith peered out over the side of the small jeep, only to jerk back quickly. He could have sworn his heart beats were audible to everyone else who dropped. He looked up, catching a view of the other jeeps, and a wave. At least they were having fun.

"Stith, hit the green button. Sooner the better because then we could die." That was all he needed to hear as he looked around for a green button. He should have known instantly, but it wasn't that visible. "Stith, it is on the wheel. By your thumb."

Stith pushed the button with his left thumb and thumped his head with his right hand. "Er. Thanks."

"No problem Stithy."

The landing came by easier than anticipated, the counter measure of falling to death was emitting a strong anti-gravity push that slowed down the jeeps decent and as it got closer, it pulsed highly to end the decent.
Trees surrounded the entire ground team, trees and grass. Stith jumped out of the jeep, lieing down on the ground and almost kissed it. He looked over the the crew that was just staring at him. "I just hate heights, and falling for a while wasn't plesant."

Anthraxus
12-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Having quickly returned to the lab to grab his field kit and to change into the monk robe that was to be his disguise, Jalen took a few moments to ensure that his Chief Tech had calibrated the monitors to properly interface with his traveling equipment. Once everything was in order, Jalen ducked out of the lab and rushed to the landing bay, his ensign escort close behind him.

Reaching the bay, he quickly identified the Mantrin and approached him. "Excuse me," he said in his smooth tones, "where would you like me to be?"

Enigma
12-04-2009, 04:20 AM
In a nearby clearing, the dark saucer shape of the ISS Clarkson hovered as the landing legs extended from the hull with a soft hydraulic hiss.

"Landing gear extended," the helmsman reported.
"Make this gentle," the captain asked.
"Gentle, aye," he replied. The ship wobbled slightly, then "sat" down, the legs locking into place.

"Touchdown," the helmsman whispered.
"Have the post and pre flight checks done. We may have to leave suddenly."

spirits breath
12-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Stith flicked his head, waking up out of some sort of day dream only to be startled by Jalen. His Head jerked up on the steering wheel. He lied back down before pushing up with his hand after he realized that his head now hurt a little. His ears folded back, and the other perked up. He gave a quick, what the f... face and calmed down a little bit, "Um, jeep four. Remember the green button if you need to get lift on the wheel. Just don't get too excited over it. Only Roland can, but thats because I modified his jeep."

He got out of the jeep, in his croutched position and rubbing his head slightly. He streatched his arms and legs in an odd back streatching motion. The hanger opened up to the outside planet. "Well, I guess it is time to get going."

Stith turned around, stepping into the jeep. He waited until his crew was ready in the jeep. "Got everything you need?"
"Aye"
"You got it Stithy"
Stith gave a grin in a reply, Stithy not being one of his favorite nicknames. "Well, lets go off this ship. Tired of these colors that surround me." With that, Stith eased down onto the gas peddle, jeep jerking forwards and back to a halt. "sorry bout that." He eased onto the gas, only leaving his foot on the gas and they slowely accelerated down the slope and onto the grassy feild.
He stopped in the middle of the clearing. "Now are these jeeps really necessary to get out? Wow!"

Enigma
12-09-2009, 08:38 AM
"Landing party, this is your captain speaking," the jeep's comms announced. "The big city is about an hour's drive west. Remember, we're here to find out why they're here. They're not to find out we're here, got that? We're definitely not here to see that anyone gets hurt. Understood?"