PDA

View Full Version : The Soupcan Olympics (1x1)

Alas PoorYorick
11-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Where to begin, where to begin...

I ask that all applicants be of atleast a Literate or higher level. If you can't post atleast 2 paragraphs at the very least, please do turn around and exit humbly. I really don't want to turn people away myself (But a message like this is fine, though), but as an RPer who has only been RPing for nearly 3 months or less, I need to improve. And the only way to do that is to RP with others better than me or those who can critique me properly.

Though I am used to playing only as a Male character, I am trying to get to my...feminine side and attempting to play female characters. So don't judge me if my Female character's personalities are a bit...flat. But critques are most welcome.

Likewise, I am only used to playing a Heterosexual relationship. But I can 'try' to go MaleXMale and FemaleXFemale, but the plot can't revolve over this.

The point of Roleplaying, in my Book, is to escape reality or live out fandoms (Srsly). No realistic pictures, if entirely possible.

All entries here are RP Ideas that I came up with that comes with a Plot. All others are allowed to Suggest other themes and Plots, though mostly Fantasy is what I am seeking.

Maturity is a good thing, but please don't just make a Grindhouse RP or a total Smut-Harem RP. Sexual Tension throughout the plot enforces character development, violence serves as an entertaining force but will not RP solely on that basis. Romance is a theme in all RPs, but might not neccessarily be a central and unifying force in those RPs (Can't bring down Cthullu with the forces of Friendship, mates.)

In my opinion, spirituality adds a unique flavor in an RP. I will accept Bigots in an RP, but nowhere else. Flame about my beliefs and it's the end of the line for you. Period. But feel free to have your character criticize any other Character's beliefs in the RP. We all need a bit of free dialogue now and then, as well as it could contribute to a person's character development.

After digesting what a ridiculously long list that was, let's move onto the actual plots, shall we?

Realistic Fantasy, Matrix-esque: You live in a bland world. A world of total conformity with an authoritarian government keeping tabs on absolutely every citizen. And if anyone acts up, they simply vanish. Without a trace. But there is a revolution going on: these people claim that conformity is inhibiting their brains from reaching their full potential. The reality of 'this world' can be bent or even broken, allowing a gifted few to Harness powers beyond imagination. These 'Awakened' , as they are called, now fight against the System of Enslavement, against those who perpetrate the eternal cycle of Slavery...

Kidnapping gone wrong: Two kidnappers. A pair of guns with only 3 bullets each and a plan. A plan without a back-up. When two Kidnappers unwarily kidnap the child of a Businessman who was to have his own child assassinated to cover up for his past mistakes, things go totally wrong when the Businessman refuses to pay the ransom. What happens next? Let's ask the Police, The Private Investigators, the Siblings of that Hostage and the general public about what they think of these two kidnappers. In a pinch, the Kidnappers themselves became trapped in the very scheme they sought to perfect.

Fate Stay Night-ish Vampire RP: In the land of the Lifeless, vampires Families vie for the Throne of Bel, the very seat of power that allowed one to harness the powers of the Netherworld itself. However, Kukulza, the primarch of the Vampiric families and their founder, created a solution that did not have to result in the bloodshed of Vampiric Blood as it is taboo to kill another Vampire. They make pacts with Humans, giving them a chance to live again under the tract that their Descendants would serve them on the battlefield for the throne. As the years count by in the timeless plane, a few mortals awaken only to serve as Kampfers, or fighters for the Vampire families their ancestors once swore to. The Battle for Bel's Throne lingers, and a certain Vampire awaits their Kampfer to awaken...

Witch-Era RP: Year 406. In the land of Europa, the Witch Craze cut swathe across the weary peoples everywhere. Everything was blamed on the witches: from dry wells to the previous plague, burning a 'Witch' was the solution given by the largely corrupt Clerical Office. And with the Anti-Theist's might faltering and the Rebel groups crushed after consecutive defeats against the Mighty Hands of the Inquisitional office, all hope remained bleak for those who unjustly burned. That is, until news of a sweeping rebel movement echoed all throughout the region. Will this hope spark a full fledged movement against the Corrupt Church?

Futuristic Cowboy: Erda7, better known to it's inhabitants as 'Earth', is nothing more than a Prison nailed to a Dustbowl. The lawless expanse of 'The Scorch' reflected upon the brutality of human nature: roaming Bandits slaying all to the last child, corrupt Sheriffs to condemn the innocent to the gallows, even a lucrative slave trade that sprung up so suddenly. In a world where even a life could be taken away by money and price, it is no wonder that the world was referred to as 'The Endless Illusion'. Peace was always far from sight, Water shortages were common and the starvation of many was commonplace.

Fantasy War RP: Born of the last descendant from the bloodline of Brongaa, the Dragon of Purgatory, the Belligerent King of Bronquia, Gulcasa of the Bloodhowl, has long carved a path of Carnage and mass genocide, enslaving with chain and hacking with sword. Fuelled upon an unsatiable lust, Gulcasa and his appointed 'Dragoon Knights' rampage through the battlefield as an unstoppable force. Fleeing from this battlefield is a humble Chambermaid, carrying an artifact told to her by the Queen to defend with her very life, as the orb supposedly would lead to his downfall. To serve on the behalf of the Dargon king or to fight by the Chamber maid is entirely your choice.

Dark, Dysutopian Fantasy Adventure: Enter Block 19, a caste-based City ruled by a man known only as 'Messiah'. Or, what he was called when he introduced order into the roaming, corrupt society before he stepped up 4 years ago. Ruling over the grim ruined city, from the shambles he brings another oppressive caste system, from the "Wanteds" or the Upper Caste members who enjoy the luxurious Victorian Era pleasures, to the "Needless" or the working poor who work at Sub-human levels coupled with endless oppression. With the help of 'Mind Sweepers', even in thought rebellion was punishable by death. No one dared to stand up against the Messiah's Rule, until news were caught of 'the BloodEdge', a wanted International Criminal who supposedly promised to overthrow the Messiah's reign. Will you join by his stead or fight against him? The choice is yours.

POSTING MAY BEGIN.

Alas PoorYorick
11-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Bump?

ZokuRumba
11-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Hmm, sounds interesting. Kidnapping gone wrong caught my interest. But, I'm not completely sure.

Alas PoorYorick
11-13-2009, 02:20 AM
To be honest, I had the original intent of the RP with the Hostage being a female character. This I changed, however, as I have managed to come up with a Plot including a Male Hostage, however.

Well, it become more of a slice of Life RP as it progresses. Alternatively it could become a modern adventure trying to fend off the sent assassins while dealing with the ravages of normal life.

The choice of direction is entirely your's. Also, feel free to check any other RPs that interest you.

I dearly thank you for giving this 1x1 Search a chance, however.

(( Though I must confess...this RP through my Thoughts is the least developed, as I have spent only a week thinking it over...But as they say, the more open it is, the better, so you may be the critic... ))

Alas PoorYorick
11-29-2009, 01:38 AM
Bumpity Bump.