PDA

View Full Version : Communication IC (Mysti and Ryudo) [PG-13]

Ryudo
11-11-2009, 03:40 AM
Communication

PG-13: Some Violence, Romance, and mild profanity

A calm lay about the room, a calm that pulsed with excited energy, a constant beat to match the hearts huddle in the tiny space. Three hearts, all beating in unison, all working towards one goal. As time marches on the pulse of the room begins to pick up, the three gathered in the room remain calm, this time is no different than any of the others. The pulse continues to quicken, and now the calm is beginning to fade, those gathered begin to feel a foreign, yet familiar feeling, something from younger days, primal days. The seconds tick by and the calm is all but gone now, the frantic beating of the hearts is unbearable, something has to give, and then suddenly nothing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ford! Get your head out of the clouds!”

Deputy director Sorenson shook Michael Ford from his dream, he awoke with a start. “Ford, conference room. Now.” The deputy director paused for a moment, then stared directly into Michaels eyes, “You expect me let you lead a case when you can’t even keep your damn eyes open?” Michael stood from his chair, rubbed away the last moments of sleep from his eyes, and amidst a clearly fake yawn he chimed in,

“Good morning to you too Sunshine.”

“So in the end your job is to find out who infiltrated Norfolk Naval Station, how they did it, and ultimately why.” The deputy director gave a small sigh, “Any last questions?” Only one hand shot up, “Yes?”

“So, how exactly are we going to figure all that out.” The director looked sternly at the man who had raised the question.

“By doing your job.” Without blinking the man raised his hand again,

“Ok, well who is leading the team.” Again the director let out a sigh, this one much heavier,

“You are Agent Ford.”

The two bodies of the dead marines were lifted onto gurneys, the coroner John Simms spoke to Michael as they were carted away.

“My preliminary examination reveals that both Marines were shot from behind. The bullet entered each of the gentlemen from the back of the cranium, at a downward angle. In the case of our first victim, John Doe the first, the bullet exited through his forehead, death was instant. The second victim was not as lucky as the first, our John Doe the second had the terrible luck of the round not exiting his skull, presumably the bullet bounced around inside the skull, possibly fragmenting and causing a slow death.”

Michael thought over the information, suddenly something jumped out at him, “That sounds awfully like an execution to me Simms.”

“My thoughts exactly, this was efficient, brutal, and very personal.”

“I didn’t realize that the punishment for hooky these days was so high.” Mr. Simms gave a small chuckle as he turned and accompanied the two men to F.B.I. headquarters,

“Oh and one more thing Mr. Ford, the first stages of levidity are beginning to set, which lead me to believe that these two men were killed seven hours ago. Liver temperature confirmed that these murders occurred just after 07:15. That is all I have for you Mr. Ford, at least for now.”

Michael had finished conducting the investigation of the crime scene, he recovered no cartridge casings, and had not found the bullet from the exit wound. Michael began finishing his first examination of the crime scene, snapping a few last photos, after finishing his documentation he would pack up and head back to headquarters.

Mysteria
11-11-2009, 04:21 AM
05:00 Hours

The day had started out for Cassandra “C.J.” Carter the same as it had every day for the past several years beginning with an early morning cup of coffee and light breakfast and then her daily run, completed with a trip to the gym all before 07:00 hours and then to work by 08:00 hours sharp. Cassandra had always had a physical fit mindset and since her time as a Recon Pilot, she had maintained her fitness regimen to ensure the physical endurance required of an N.C.I.S agent.

Her level of fitness had been one of the things that had earned her the nickname so affectionately bestowed upon her by her former team members of “The Iron Maiden.” She wore the name proudly, knowing full well that she could kick the ass of any of her former team mates and still could, to this day.

The work day had begun as any other, with a round of good mornings to the N.C.I.S. team and staff and a trip down to the forensics lab to drop off a coffee for their forensic scientist Ellie Thompson, who was normally always one of the first to arrive and last to leave. After having quickly popped her head in to wish Albert “Cob” Dobson who was the coroner a good morning, C.J. returned to her desk and began rifling through the stacks of paperwork that had seemed to somehow miraculously have appeared upon her desk over night.

Without looking up C.J. said to her boss who had just walked up behind her “Good morning McClain” and continued her work. It was always easy to tell when McClain entered the room; the slight scent of Polo that he wore always notified her of his approaching presence before his arrival. Albeit that the man known as Leon McClain, or McClain as he preferred to simply be called, was a bit rough around the edges, one thing was for certain, he always smelled good.

The morning passed by quickly as C.J. poured over the files, opting to clear as many from her desk as she could by working through her lunch, while nibbling on an energy bar that would sustain her until later. The others began filtering back into the office as she was finishing up her notes.

C.J. heard the phone ring and barely paid attention when McClain answered it but his sudden “Damn it, why wasn’t I told about this immediately” grabbed her attention. No sooner had he hung up the phone than he said “Larkin, I want the details of Red Rain on the screen and I want it yesterday.” Christopher Larkin was the N.C.I.S tech who knew everything. Within moments the details of Red Rain were up on the screen and C.J. and McClain were reviewing them.

Dealing with death was common place in Cassandra Carters job, but nothing pissed the team off more than the death of a marine. In this case, there were two dead marines.

It didn’t take long for C.J. to gather her things, holster her Glock, and head out the door. She would have to report back to McClain later as he wouldn’t be going with them this trip. His meeting with the director would prevent him from joining the team in the field. He trusted his senior agent to provide him with the necessary information upon her return to headquarters.

Joining her would be special agents Larkin and Leah Harper. The trip to the crime scene was a somber one, as were most rides to crime scenes. Each team member focused on one thing, capturing the criminal or criminals involved in the death of marines.

14:50 hours.

Upon their arrival at the crime scene, a black coroners van was attempting to pull out. C.J. pulled the N.C.I.S. van in front of the black van, preventing it from leaving. It was just like the F.B.I to have prevented N.C.I.S from obtaining knowledge of the incident right away so they would have time to gather information before N.C.I.S could get there. It was a good thing that McClain had eyes and ears everywhere.

Exiting the van and ordering the other team members to keep the van there until she gave them the go ahead, she walked up to the one person who hadn’t already left. She assumed he was the ring leader of the F.B.I circus and he looked to be fresh out of F.B.I school and cocky as hell.

Pulling her badge out and flipping it open momentarily she spoke “Special Agent Carter, N.C.I.S. I don’t know exactly who you are, or where you think that van is going, but you have two dead marines in there, which makes this an N.C.I.S. jurisdiction. Now, perhaps it is time for a proper introduction?”

Cassandra waited patiently for a reply, even though, patience when it came to dead marines, was not one of her strong suits.

Ryudo
11-12-2009, 03:18 AM
Just as Michael was about to snap a photo he heard the sound of tires screeching and horns blaring. He turned about to see the coroner van’s exit being blocked by another vehicle. Michael started towards the intruder when he noticed the writing on the van: N.C.I.S.

He let out a small relieved sigh and removed his hand from his gun holster, then tensed up again. I can only imagine they’ll be happy to see me…Here comes some high-on-his-horse hard ass telling me about how incompetent I Michael’s train of thought was shattered by the person who had emerged from the vehicle, he couldn’t tell but his jaw might have dropped. Out stepped a female agent, she appeared strong but compassionate, nothing like the person he expected. Michael opened his mouth to begin speaking when she nearly jumped down his throat,

“Special Agent Carter, N.C.I.S. I don’t know exactly who you are, or where you think that van is going, but you have two dead marines in there, which makes this an N.C.I.S. jurisdiction. Now, perhaps it is time for a proper introduction?”

Michael stopped for a moment, Well, I was wrong, here comes some high-on-HER-horse hard ass.

A casual smile appeared on Michael’s face, looking down he stated,

“Don’t mean to sight protocol here sweetheart, but article CC-749 of the United States constitution, also know as the Finders Keepers Law clearly overrules your little claim for jurisdiction. It clearly states and I quote ‘Finders keepers, losers weepers.‘ And by said losers clause you should probably start weeping.” With that Michael snapped a picture of her reaction, then peeked out from the camera,

“Names Ford, Michael Ford. How can I be of service to Navy's finest.” Finest is an understatement he thought as he held his hand out for her to shake.

Mysteria
11-15-2009, 06:05 PM
"For starters, you can call me Cassandra, or you can call me C.J., but the names not Sweetheart, and if you would like to quote Protocol, get it right. I don't think finders keepers losers weepers will cut it in this case." C.J.'s demeanor changed slightly as she flashed a quick smile. Albeit the young man came across snot nosed at first, she could appreciate the fact that he was trying to keep things light.

"In all seriousness though, even if F.B.I arrived first although with that said, N.C.I.S should have been informed first since this does involve marines, if you would care to check with your superiors, you will find that N.C.I.S. does have jurisdiction. A dead marine will always make it N.C.I.S. jurisdiction."

Having introduced herself as Cassandra Carter, and after having introduced the rest of her team, she went about having the bodies transferred to Cobb while they confiscated the crime scene materials to take back to their own forensic scientist for processing.

Satisfied that they had everything they needed, she returned her attention to Michael Ford who seemed to be wandering around aimlessly at this point. She studied him carefully for a moment. He was physically fit, handsome to a degree, and he did have a cute smile, yet he didn't fit the typical stereotype of an F.B.I. agent. She would make up her mind later, on whether or not she felt that it was going to be a positive or negative factor.

Walking back up to him as the others piled into the van and extending her hand to him, with a bit of a friendlier tone she said "It was a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Ford. I'm certain we will be speaking with each other again soon. I'll be sure to keep the F.B.I. in the loop." She turned to leave and as an afterthought, reached into her blazer pocket and pulled out one of her business cards, quickly jotting a number down on it before handing it to him. "This is my card so you know where to contact me. I've included my personal cell number, if something should come up regarding the case off of working hours."

With that, Cassandra Carter turned on her heel and jumped into the drivers seat of the van. She always drove, as she had little to no tolerance for light footed drivers.

Ryudo
11-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Michael stood there with his hand out-stretched for a few moments. C.J. didn’t shake his hand, that in it of itself not at all surprising, but the fact that she gave Michael a smile threw him for a loop. As she went to work Michael gave her a quick look up and down, Man was she beautiful, those eyes, those legs, those…

Michael snapped out of his stupor as he noticed CJ confiscating all of the evidence he had collected, he cringed watching all of his hard work disappearing. He wanted to give her a piece of his mind, but when she looked over at him for some reason he just smiled. Soreson is going to kill me.

After thoroughly destroying his crime scene CJ was beginning to leave when she surprised him again. She turned around and began walking towards him, and politely said good bye, Michael shook her hand. Most surprising of all, however, was when she gave him her phone number.

Michael watched as the C.J. walked away from him. As soon as her car had disappeared from his sight Michael called the phone number, when she picked up all he said was,

“Just making sure this wasn’t a fake.”

Michael stood inside Deputy Directors Sorenson’s office, he had returned to the Bureau empty handed, and now had to explain how his field agent did obtain any evidence from a crime scene. Michael thought he might distract Sorenson with a magic trick, until he reminded himself that he didn’t know any magic.

“Michael. You’ve got ten seconds to explain why Mr. Simms returned without a single body, and why you don’t have a one piece of evidence.” Sorenson face was a color usually reserved for the ripest of tomatoes, He is definitely going to kill me

“Well…you see Sir,” Michael looked down at his feet, he never did well with criticism, he was looking for a way out of this situation, but it appeared that a good tongue lashing was inevitable, damn that green eyed beauty…

When Sorenson had finished his ‘discussion’ Michael felt as if he was five again, he returned to his cubicle, and slammed his head against his keyboard for a few seconds. How was he going to continue his investigation without anything to investigate? Then it hit him,

Michael pressed the redial button on his phone, and waited, hoping she’d answer. When she did pick up Michael was relieved, he spoke in his most suave voice,

“Hey, I figure, since you took all of my evidence and left me with less then nothing, you owe me something. So how ‘bout a coffee? Coffee with a cutie such as yourself sure would ease the pain.”

Michael waited in the Coffee shop, filled with an unfamiliar feeling. He had stared down murderers, bombs, and more then his fair share of women, and yet deep down he couldn’t shake the fact that he felt nervous.

Mysteria
11-21-2009, 11:55 PM
No sooner had C.J. left the crime scene than her cell phone rang. She looked at the number but didn’t recognize it. Not sure of who it was or how important the call might be she clicked on her blue tooth and answered the phone. “C.J. Carter, how can I help you?”

“Just making sure this wasn’t a fake.” Was all that she heard before the phone went dead again. Immature ass….C.J. shook it off. She was too focused on the death of the marines to bother dialing the phone and give Michael Ford a piece of her mind. She would deal with him later.

C.J. returned to headquarters and after having dropped the two dead marines off with Cobb, she went to see Ellie in the forensic labs. “I’ve got goodies for you Ell, do me a favor and work your magic here and get back to me as soon as you’ve got something. You know how McClain is, he’s going to want info A.S.A.P. And Elle, this stuff is from two dead marines.” Ellie’s smile instantly disappeared, replaced quickly by a frown. “You got it Cassie.” Few people at N.C.I.S were allowed to get away with calling C.J. by her given name, but Elle was the exception to that rule. C.J. had taken a shine to “Elle” has she had come to call her, the first day that they had met, and they had quickly become friends.

C.J. returned to her desk and after having filled McClain in on the details via Email, she threw copies of the paperwork on the rest of the teams desks and directed her next comment to their techie, Agent Larkin. “Larkin, get on identifying these Marines. I want to know where they were stationed at, when they were last on base, what time they left and what they had for breakfast. In plain words, I want to know everything about them, and I want to know it yesterday.”

The team scrambled to start their investigation and just as C.J. had begun to pour over the paperwork herself, her cell phone rang again. She looked at the number and cursed under her breath. Perhaps giving Ford her number would prove to be a mistake after all.

She answered the phone, sounding rather agitated. “C.J. Carter. What can I help you with agent Ford?”

“Hey, I figure, since you took all of my evidence and left me with less then nothing, you owe me something. So how ‘bout a coffee? Coffee with a cutie such as yourself sure would ease the pain.”

C.J. Carter rolled her eyes. This guy just didn’t give up. She smirked to herself. He was tenacious, she would give him that much.

C.J. thought momentarily about his request and then smiling to herself she replied. “Agent Ford, I’ve already told you the names C.J, not sweetie, not cutie, so cut the crap. You’re welcome to call me C.J. or Ms, Carter. And I already have plans for this evening, but I think I can manage a few minutes for a cup of coffee to fill you in on any new details. Be at the coffee shop on the corner of West and Broderick at seven p.m. this evening. I should have something for you until then.”

Before he could answer, it was C.J.’s turn to hang up on him. Michael Ford was playing a game that Cassandra Carter wasn’t about to let him win.

Having had no new information before 17:00 hours, C.J. called it a night and made the short walk home to her abode where she kicked off her shoes and crawled into a nice hot shower. She had already had plans to go out to her favorite club tonight and now she had to meet Mr. thinks he’s so smooth Michael Ford first. A smile widened across her face as she went to her closet and began choosing her attire for the night. If Agent Ford wanted to play, she’d show him exactly who he was dealing with.

After having quickly showered and dried her hair, C.J. applied a minimum of make up. She applied a thin line of smoky gray to her lower lid to accentuate her emerald green orbs and set large soft curls in her hair. She dressed in curve hugging black jeans and a form flattering teal colored low cut v-neck sweater which showed off her more than ample assets. Sliding on a pair of leather flats, she grabbed her purse and began the short walk to the coffee shop. Her cell phone rang. At first she figured it would be Michael again, but to her joy it was Ellie with some information about the two dead marines.

------------------------------------

C.J. Carter stepped into the coffee shop and looked around for the young F.B.I agent she was to meet. When she finally spotted him, he was sitting in a booth, looking nervous as hell. Let the games begin C.J. thought to herself as she made her way over to him. Inwardly, she delighted in the fact that the man named Michael Ford who tried to be so smooth, actually looked that nervous.

“Good evening, Agent Ford.” C.J. Carter flashed her pearly whites with a smile that could have lit up the entire room before continuing. “Mind if a lady has a seat while we discuss business?”

Ryudo
12-01-2009, 05:58 AM
Michael looked down at the espresso in his hand, heat visibly rose from it as the thin layer of foam began to disappear. Caffeine always had one of two effects on Derrick, one being that it calmed him down, the other being that it made him jumpy and even more nervous. As he stared at the glass he really hoped that the former would occur tonight.

He placed the espresso on the table near him, deciding to wait for it to cool. After setting the cup aside Derrick straighten out his tie, he had rushed from work over to the coffee shop, forgetting to freshen up or change clothing. He didn’t imagine that this would be too much of a problem, C.J. would most likely be in the same boat he was, and besides he had to admit that he looked damn good in his work suit.

Michael picked up his espresso, deciding that he would drink even if it were scalding, when he heard a jingle and looked up. The next thing he saw nearly made him drop the drink on his lap; in stepped C.J. Carter, dressed to kill. At first Michael had no idea what to do, or say, or even think. C.J. was stunning, her lips a beautiful shade of red, her brilliant green eyes radiated brighter even then when they had first met, and that smile.

Michael awkwardly stood up and shook C.J.’s hand, instantly he regretted not doing something more friendly,

“Mind if a lady has a seat while we discuss business?”

Michael pulled her chair out for her, and as she sat down he noticed a few things about Miss Carter that he hadn’t seen in the field, but he forced himself to not stare and instead returned to his own seat. His mind was racing with different things to say, different ways to begin the conversation, he struggled to pick the best one, and even as he said it he couldn’t believe how stupid he must have sounded,

“Wow…”

He gave her a genuine smile, trying to hide the obvious embarrassment he was experiencing, Smooth Michael…very smooth… However, after the initial period of awkwardness Michael suffered, he worked hard to fix his atrocious opener himself, recovering with,

“You look stunning Miss Carter, and I am glad you could make it.” He slid over the glass he had purchased for her, “Espresso?”

After dispensing with the pleasantries Michael decided that it was time to actually get to business, all though had the situation been different Michael would have loved to talked about everything but business, unfortunately things weren't different,

“Ok, you may or may not remember but this morning you purloined all of my evidence, and as much as I love having evidence whisked away from me by beautiful gals, I really need it back. Or at least maybe we could trade information, or even” He paused, thinking intently upon the best way of salvaging his case, without angering the fiery beauty before him, “ I don’t know…work together?” He had the awkward feeling that, were Sorenson dead, he would be rolling in his grave.

"Look, two marines died today, rest their souls. I personally think that we should do whatever is necessary to get their families the peace they deserve. Even if it means some sort of inter-deparmental taskforce." Though Michael didn't necessarily revel in the idea of working with another department, this was the first case he was ever the head of, and he had to what he had to do to save his own career. Besides, there were worse people to work with, people with less attributes then Miss Carter.

Mysteria
12-02-2009, 07:23 PM
After what had appeared to be a very awkward moment for Mr. Ford he offered her a seat and an espresso which she declined graciously stating "Thank you for your thoughtfulness and it's not my intention to be rude but I don't care for espresso's. I think I will just have a mocha latte." C.J. got a attendants attention and ordered her drink then gave Agent Ford her undivided attention after he was finally done staring at her and had made a coherent sentence.

“Ok, you may or may not remember but this morning you purloined all of my evidence, and as much as I love having evidence whisked away from me by beautiful gals, I really need it back. Or at least maybe we could trade information, or even. I don’t know…work together?” C.J. considered his words carefully. The fact that the F.B.I. had not immediately notified her department of the marines in the beginning hadn't set well with her but C.J. also realized that the decision to hesitate calling in N.C.I.S. right away probably had been made by a higher up than Michael Ford. The truth was whether C.J. wanted to work with the F.B.I. or not was of little importance considering that the two agencies would ultimately be forced to work together.

Ford's next words were met with a raised eyebrow by C.J. Carter. "Look, two marines died today, rest their souls. I personally think that we should do whatever is necessary to get their families the peace they deserve. Even if it means some sort of inter-deparmental taskforce." Although Fords comment seemed sincere enough Cassandra had already done her homework and found out that Agent Ford hadn't been with the F.B.I. for a long period of time and that he had yet to prove himself within their ranks.

C.J.'s drink arrived and she took a drink of it before answering the man sitting opposite of her.

"Agent Ford you are correct about one thing. The families of those two dead marines deserve closure and whether either one of us likes it or not, we are going to have to work together on this case." C.J. stopped speaking for a moment as she stared at Michael Ford who seemed to be more intent upon staring at her than on listening to what she had to say. With a sigh she pushed her chair back slightly and crossed her legs as she took another drink of her mocha. Then leaning into the table close to Michael Ford she brought a slow smile to her face speaking first in a voice smooth as silk.

"Agent Ford?" When she was certain she had his complete and full attention her voice changed immediately to that of one she would have used when speaking to her comrades back during one of her Black Hawk missions. "Focus damn it. Don't waste my time. If you want to solve this then listen up and let's come up with a plan."

Satisfied that Ford was now listening she continued. "I'll have more in depth details in the morning after the team gets to work and we discuss the case, but for now all I have is that our forensic gal Elle found something rather odd in the tread of the marines boots. She found white sand which is uncommon for this area."

Cassie finished her coffee and readied herself to leave the coffee shop and move on to her already planned evening. "If you can stop by N.C.I.S. headquarters tomorrow around noon we can have a quick lunch and discuss the case further. Does that work for you Mr. Ford?"

After Michael Ford had agreed to meet with her tomorrow Cassandra Carter excused herself and promptly left to meet her friends at a local club where she spent the next few hours relaxing before heading home to get a good nights sleep.

Ryudo
12-08-2009, 04:11 AM
Michael Ford sat at the table with Cassandra Carter in utter disbelief, when they had met at the crime scene Michael had suspected that there was another side to Miss Carter, specifically he had a feeling that she fit into his Theory of Hot Repression. The Theory of Hot Repression, as Michael had often recounted to his colleagues, went like this; as a girl becomes more repressed by some factor, be it her job, her parents, or herself, her chances of being incredibly hot and seductive increase exponentially. Michael had done plenty of field testing for this theory, but Cassandra Carter put the rest of his subjects shame. C.J. was also responsible for single handedly changing his postulation from theory to law.

Michael was sitting on the edge of his seat, listening to C.J.’s caramel voice, the way her lips wrapped around the words Michael Ford was nearly enough to make his knees weak. Michael was drawn in by her, he contently ’listened’ to C.J. when suddenly her demeanor changed. Sultry, romantic Cassandra was replaced by Drill Sergeant Carter, and Michael was forcibly pulled back to reality by the sheer power in her voice,

“Focus damn it. Don't waste my time. If you want to solve this then listen up and let's come up with a plan."

“Right…a plan.” Michael stuttered, still adjusting to the switch in C.J. demeanor. He listened to the rest of what C.J. had to say, not breaking eye contact once. Though the main body of what she had to say dealt with there plans to meet tomorrow, one thing did raise Michael interest, the trace on the Marines boots. He figured he wouldn’t raise his suspicions till tomorrow, he had a hunch as to the sands origins, but Michael decided to head back to the lab once their meeting was concluded to follow up.

"If you can stop by N.C.I.S. headquarters tomorrow around noon we can have a quick lunch and discuss the case further. Does that work for you Mr. Ford?"

Michael thought about it, here she was, asking him to lunch,

“You promise to look half as beautiful as you do now and there wouldn’t be a power in the world strong enough to stop me.” Michael gave C.J. his best smile, the one that turned girls to putty, and when C.J. got up to leave Michael stood from his seat and walked C.J. to front door of the coffee shop. He opened the door for her and then watched as she left, when she had turned the corner Michael let out a quick whistle.

-----------01:00 Hours---------------------------

Michael Ford was back inside the F.B.I. Headquarters, just finishing a phone call,

“Fan-freakin-tastic, knew you’d come through for me one of these days.” He said as he hung up the phone. Taking his place back at his desk he opened up his browser, and did a quick search, Cassandra….J…Carter. Michael paused for a moment, what the Hell does the J stand for?

After working for a few more minutes Michael signed off and headed home.

-----------11:00 Hours---------------------------

Michael Ford stood inside N.C.I.S. waiting room, hands in his pockets smiling at those who passed him by. He had reached the lobby by flashing his I.D. nearly half a dozen times, and upon seeing his badge he had received various reactions from condescending looks to fake smiles. N.C.I.S. didn’t like the F.B.I. and Michael couldn’t fathom why.

Mysteria
12-10-2009, 03:47 PM
11:25 Hours:

After having spent the morning pouring over her notes on the new case and finding out the names of the two marines, C.J. added their names to her list of incoming information. The meeting with McClain and the rest of the team had turned up little new information. C.J. filled them in on what Elle had given her regarding the white sand that had been found on the marines boots. No sooner had the meeting ended than her phone rang.

C.J. looked at the caller i.d. and seeing it was Elle she picked it up hoping Elle had new information for her. Instead she was disappointed when she heard Elle say "No, I don't have anything new for you other than I've managed to verify that the fatal wounds were caused by 9 m.m. rounds, but there's some guy hanging around the lobby who says he's waiting on you. Looks like a business suite." Thanking Elle C.J. hung up the phone and sighed. What in the hell was Ford doing here already, hadn't she made it clear that he was to be there around noon?

C.J. announced to the rest of the team that she was taking an early lunch to meet with the F.B.I. guy and was immediately bombarded with a rash of jokes and whistles from the team. Even MCClain was in on it and C.J. couldn't help but retort over her shoulder with a smile "Well hey McClain if you don't want me to co-operate with the F.B.I. just say the word." McClain groaned as he shooed her off.

Pulling a hair tie from her purse C.J. pulled her hair up into a ponytail in the elevator on her way to the lobby. The doors opened and there stood Michael Ford looking like he was totally lost. Walking up behind him and startling him C.J. said "Good morning Agent Ford, you're a bit early aren't you? I thought we had agreed on noon? Well anyhow, since your here lets go grab something to eat quick and discuss what we have so far."

C.J. suggested the cafe directly across the street that had some of the best food in town and was conveniently close to N.C.I.S. Most of the employees in her building would usually order lunch from there but today she would go through the painstaking process of sitting there with the somewhat smartass although slightly handsome F.B.I agent. It could be worse she guessed so she made the best of it. At least he was easy on the eyes.

After having ordered a glass of water, salad and bowl of chile and after Michael Ford had placed his order she got right down to business.

"Okay, other than the white sand we have been able to identify our two dead marines as petty officers Daniel McCord and Trent McCallister and they were as suspected killed with 9 m.m rounds."

Their meals came just then and smiling she thanked the waitress and turning her attentions back to Michael Ford she said "So, what does the F.B.I. have for N.C.I.S?"

C.J. ate in small bites while she listened to the F.B.I. agent seated across from her who was filling her in between bites of his own lunch.

Ryudo
12-28-2009, 07:44 AM
Michael Ford stood in N.C.I.S.’s lobby, quietly observing the investigators at work. Michael couldn’t shake the strange feeling he had felt as soon as he stepped into the building, perhaps it was that everyone in the building, including the janitors, were giving one form or another of the evil eye.

Michael went up to the front desk again, he had already asked the woman working there twice if she could inform C.J. but she had done nothing, so he decided to ask one final time,

“Excuse me, ma’am, but I am trying to reach Miss C.J. Carter, that’s Cassandra,” Michael paused for a moment, what did the J stand for, Jewel, Jacquelyn, or Jenny, Michael's musings were interrupted by a young woman’s voice behind him,

“Hey you’re the Fed aren’t you?” Michael turned around to see a short blond staring at him intently, one hand placed squarely on her hip, the other holding an extra-large beverage from some fast food restaurant. Michael was a bit surprised, but he sensed that even though she was being cold, there was a much warmer side to her, “Yes, I am the Fed,” Michael extended his hand for a shake but the woman was unresponsive, instead of accepting the warm greeting she merely continued to stare daggers at him,

“I have a name too, it’s Michael, and since guest services over here isn’t helping me at all,” Michael gestured to the front desk, “would you mind telling Cassandra Carter that I have arrived.” As soon as Michael had finished speaking the young woman turned around and walked straight to the elevator, Michael realized he had no idea who she was, and so he shouted after her,
her,

“Hey, now this is the part where you tell me your name!” But by the time he had finished she was already gone, well, that went well.

Ten more minutes had passed, and Michael had just barely began to relax when he was startled by none other then C.J. Michael hadn’t been paying attention, and so when he heard her calm voice directly behind him it made the hair on the back of his neck stand straight up. Michael was turning to greet C.J. when he heard the receptionist speak, she informed Michael that C.J. was heading up to see him, he smiled at her and gave a thanks so thick with sarcasm it was nearly tangible.

-------------------------------------------------

Michael sat at the table and watched as C.J. ordered her food, the restaurant that she had brought him to was merely a stones throw from N.C.I.S., a fact that Michael envied greatly. Michael’s envy only grew when he discovered that the restaurant was actually quite nice, the only place somewhat close to F.B.I. headquarters that served food was a McDonalds. Michael ordered a Club Sandwich then listened to what C.J. had to say. When she finished speaking Michael continued to stare for a few more moments, then seeing that she had finished he let out two calm, subdued words,

“That’s it?” Michael noticed instantly that C.J.’s back went rigid, he couldn’t tell if he was just seeing things but he thought he noticed C.J. change colors too, he had struck a nerve and now he wasn’t going to let go,

“Phew, it’s a good thing you have me on this case. I mean, let’s be honest right now, without what I am about to show you this investigation would soon be colder then the stare your giving me right now. Let's look at what you illuminated so far, two dead marines, shot with the most commonly used round in the world, most likely fired from the most widely available gun in the world. Sound about right?” Michael paused, this was his stage, C.J. his audience, and what he withdrew from his hand was surely to be one of his greatest performances yet.

Michael withdrew from his pocket a small, folded up, piece of paper, and proceeded to unfold it. When he had finished what lay before C.J. was a plain map. She responded to the ‘great’ revelation with little enthusiasm, “A map?” Michael’s smile nearly extended from one ear to the other, he pointed to a small strip of sand he had circled in red,

“What I have here you might seem like an ordinary map, and what I have circled might seem like an ordinary strip of beach, but you have greatly underestimated what lies before you. Well, you’re right about the map, I got it for a couple of bucks in a gas station, but the beach I have circled is anything but ordinary.” He paused letting his words sink in, as Sorenson would say, he was about to drop a knowledge bomb,

“I decided to check up on the trace found on the boots belonging to our Marines. Now, beacuse you took all of my evidence, the only lead I had was that the trace on their boots was some sort of white sand. The beach that I have circled is a privately owned strip of Virginia beach know as Playa Blanca. The reason that Playa Blanca matters at all is because it's the only beach in a 500 mile radius that has white sand. The only other beaches that have white sand on the East coast United States are in Florida, which leads me to think that perhaps our two Marines might have visited Blanca Playa recently.”

The food had arrived but Michael continued talking, this was his chance to show C.J. that he wasn’t some incompetent, insignificant, and wholly unremarkable suit, this was Michael chance to shine,

“Now what makes Playa Blanca even sweeter is that two nights ago their was a huge party held by its owner, Ruiz Castillo. Rumor has it that Castillo was high up in the Brazil drug cartel, and that when his family’s life was threatened he moved to Virginia, taking a part of the beautiful sand beaches of Brazil with him, hence why there is a white sand beach in Virginia.” Michael finished speaking and reached for his sandwich when he suddenly snapped his fingers,

“I can’t believe I almost forgot, it’s not really a huge detail, but I figure you’ll want to hear everything so hear it goes. I faxed a friend of mine, who attended Playa Blanca’s party two nights ago, photos of our dead marines, and get this, he distinctly remembers seeing them there. But like I said, it’s just a small detail, not like I pinpointed the exact location of our Marines only a few hours before their untimely demise.” Michael took a bite of his lunch, “Oh wait, that’s exactly what I did.”

Mysteria
01-02-2010, 07:14 PM
C.J. ate her food as the man across from her went on and on and he was very adept at going on and on for certain.

“What I have here you might seem like an ordinary map, and what I have circled might seem like an ordinary strip of beach, but you have greatly underestimated what lies before you. Well, you’re right about the map, I got it for a couple of bucks in a gas station, but the beach I have circled is anything but ordinary.”

C.J.'s eyes narrowed upon hearing those words and a look of disdain crossed her lovely features. At that point of the conversation she had wanted to get up and walk out on F.B.I agent Michael Ford but because she was obliged to work with the F.B.I. she remained seated and finished eating while he babbled on. When he finally took a moment to breath and she could get a word in edge wise she took the opportunity to make a statement that she was certain would stick with Michael Ford for the remainder of his day and with any luck for much longer.

With a very cold sharp tone her voice floated across the table and fell upon his ears. "Agent Ford you presume to assume that you have some underlying hidden knowledge of what I may or may not be underestimating. If I might take a moment to express a very well known and valid fact Assumption is the mother of all FUCK UP's. The sudden look of what could only be described as disbelief that fell across agent Ford's face amused her but C.J. Carter did not for one moment flinch as she said the words nor did she feel any less lady like for having said them. One thing Michael Ford would come to realize with time was that men did not intimidate her in the least. Having been a Black Hawk pilot she was more than accustomed to handling men and any language that might be thrown her way. Secondly if Mr. Ford ever were to get so lucky which C.J. highly doubted but unlike him she never assumed anything was the fact that she was above and beyond all other things a lady first and foremost.

C.J. stopped for a moment and finished her meal while pondering exactly where the investigation should go from this point forward with the newly obtained information. The white sand was intriguing and she felt it pertinent enough to garner further in depth scrutiny. A snicker almost escaped from behind those luscious lips of hers as a smile spread across her face with delight. The ice cold demeanor of a few moments ago was replaced by a voice as smooth as silk but yet just as deadly as a rattle snake bite. Eying Michael Ford with a glint in those beautiful emerald orbs of hers she again spoke. "Mr. Ford since you seem to have all of the right contacts and since you are F.B.I. and we all know how good at making things happen the F.B.I. can be I leave it to you to find a way for us to get onto that private beach so we can take a further look around. I don't care if you have to make up aliases for us both but certainly a man of your talents can handle such a small task as this one yes?

C.J. finished the last of her drink and before Michael Ford knew what hit him she had stood up picked up the check thrown a five down on the table and with a polite but curt tone said "Enjoy the rest of your meal Mr. Ford but unlike the F.B.I., N.C.I.S doesn't screw off when there is work to be done. I'll be awaiting a phone call from you regarding that trip to the beach." C.J. turned to leave and as a slight afterthought and with a devious smile upon her plump lips she turned flashing that brilliant smile at Mr. Ford and said the words that she knew would most likely more than not make him damn near choke on his food. "Oh, and Mr Ford?" Cassandra Carter cooed through pursed lips "Don't forget your bathing suit after all, one can hardly go to the beach without it can they?"

With that C.J. stepped to the counter and paid their bill. With a nod of her head to Michael Ford she disappeared and within moments was back inside of N.C.I.S headquarters delving back into the case.

Ryudo
01-17-2010, 04:13 AM
Michael stared at C.J., he chewed his sandwich languidly while he reveled in his own small victory. Up until now C.J. had enjoyed having the upper hand over Michael, always managing to stay one step ahead no matter how hard he tried. Now it was finally Michael’s turn, and he was going to enjoy it as long as he -

“Assumption is the mother of all FUCK UP's“ Michael sat there, sandwich in hand, food in mouth. He wasn’t scared, he wasn’t really anything…So much for him enjoying his 15 seconds of fame. Michael didn’t know how to respond. With every other woman in his life Michael knew exactly what to say in every situation, but with C.J. Michael couldn’t get a read on her for a second. Michael wondered if he would ever fully understand C.J., there was something about her that was just so attractive, as well as frustrating.

Michael gave a small nod, indicating that C.J. was right and that he should have kept her informed. Michael hoped that she realized how hard it was for him to step down from his high horse, but one look from those beautiful green convinced him it was worth it. Michael bit his tongue and actually listened to what C.J. had to say. Even with the cuts at the F.B.I. Michael had to agree with her, they needed to get onto that beach, and it just so happened that Michael was the resident king of Aliases. C.J. stood from the table, paid for her part of the check then began to walk away. She was nearly gone before Michael even realized it, turning to see her go he heard her say something that almost made him fall out of his chair,

"Oh, and Mr Ford? Don't forget your bathing suit after all, one can hardly go to the beach without it can they?" And with that she was gone. Michael looked around and saw that nearly the entire restaurant was staring at him,

“What?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael sifted through the papers he had strewn around on his desk, they were dossiers from his past cases, specifically cases in which he had used a cover I.D.. How the hell am I going to get myself on a private beach, a beach that is only open to the richest of the rich? Michael was trying to think of the best method possible, sure it was important to have a good alias in all undercover work, but this one was extra important. Michael knew that he couldn’t afford another screw up, not with C.J. and his career riding on this one damn case.

As he looked through the files occasionally one would bring back a memory or two of a past case. He perused through different photos of himself dressed as different people and professions, sometimes he would let out a small laugh as he turned a page.

After about an hour of searching Michael’s mind began to drift to much more important things. If only she wasn’t such an Ice Queen… Michael jumped out of his chair, within an instant he had his cell out and was dialing C.J., he had his aliases. After five rings he reached C.J.’s voice mail, Michael found it odd that she hadn’t picked up the phone, but he quickly forgot as he heard the beep informing him that it was time to speak,

“Hello Miss Carter, this is Michael Ford, that handsome devil that you just finished lunch with. I was calling to let you know that I have our aliases, you are now Princess Stephanie of Seychelles, and I am Victor Aldrige your personal bodyguard,” he said the last part in his terrible French accent. “Hope you don’t mind playing a princess, what with the whole having pretty up and be nice part. Love, Victor.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael waited for C.J. a few blocks away from the beach, the plan was simple, the self-entitled princess would wander onto the beach, forcing her guard to follow her. Michael was banking on the idea that no one would want to pick a fight with a princess and her guard. Now all Michael had to do was wait, and while he did he couldn’t help but think about C.J. in a bikini.

Mysteria
01-28-2010, 09:55 PM
After having left Agent Ford in the restaurant C.J. made haste in returning to the office and burrowing herself back into her work. There were other cases happening than just the two Marines but her main focus was on these two marines. Picking up the phone she dialed Elle's extension and upon hearing Elle's voice on the other end she inquired if there were any new developments on the case. Cassandra was not happy to learn that other than the white sand from the sailors boots and what type of bullets had been used there was little else that could be used in the investigation. Thankfully Elle still had a few thngs she was checking on. Before hanging up the phone C.J. thanked the forensic scientist and asked to be kept posted on any breaking news.

No sooner had she hung up from speaking to Elle than her cell phone rang. Looking at the number she recognized it to be that of Agent Ford. Just then McClains voice rang out across the room. "Team, meeting now!" C.J. left the phone to ring as she joined the others in the conferance room. McClain made it damned clear to the team that he wanted whoever was responsible for this caught and he wanted it yesterday. After having filled the rest of the team in on the little information they had so far C.J. added "Whoever did this was professional. They didn't leave any traces behind that we could use to our advantage. Agent Ford and I are tracking down a hunch regarding the white sand found in the marines boots." That would have to suffice for now and McClain told them all to get back on it and keep him posted.

C.J. went back to her desk and listened to the message, rolling her eyes as she did so. If Ford was going to be a French body guard he would need to step up his accent. After going home and changing into her 'outfit' which consisted of a white one piece (http://h1.ripway.com/Mysteria/bathingsuite2.jpg) bathing suit befitting of a princess covered by a sheer gauze cover up and finishing off the outfit she chose a lavish diamond pendant. (http://h1.ripway.com/Mysteria/diamond%20pendant.jpg) Slipping on a pair of bejeweled studded sandals she walked out the door and hopped in the rented Silver Porche. After all if they were going to use the guise of a Princess you could hardly show up in a typical every day type car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later C.J. Carter stepped out of the silver Porshe strolling up to Michael Ford and in an accent smooth as silk addressed Agent Michael Ford "Bonjour, Monsieur." Once again Cassandra Carter had to wait on Michael Ford to find his tongue.

Ryudo
02-09-2010, 01:06 AM
Michael Ford stood against his town car reciting what little French he knew, though he was fluent in Spanish and ASL, his French was lacking. The only time he had ever had much contact with French was back in college, when he dated a Foreign Exchange girl, and though it only lasted a few weeks there still was a whole lot of French contact. Michael flipped through a few more pages of his French for Dummies book, and then threw it into the car, when he looked back up he noticed a silver Porsche parking in front of him. Immediately Michael’s heart began to race, he had a feeling that he knew the driver.

And sure enough out stepped Cassandra Carter, looking like a goddess. From the cute sandals on her feet to the elegant necklace C.J. looked the part of a princess. Her beautiful tan body was cradled by a small form fitting bikini that made Michael sweat, and suddenly Michael felt something funny wash over him. He shrugged off the feeling by focusing on some of Miss Carter’s more obvious assets. Suddenly she was standing right in front of him,

"Bonjour, Monsieur." C.J. said in a gorgeous French accent. Michael took a deep breath, it was time for him to show C.J. why he was known as the king of Cover,

"Bonjour, Mademoiselle Stephanie," he finished her name by raising his voice the way any self-respecting French speaker would, “Might I say you are looking quite beautiful.” He kissed both of her cheeks, then paused, “Might I also say that you are late.” Michael took C.J.’s hand and began walking with her down the side walk,

“Madame, you know how your mother worries, if she could have it her way you would never leave the house. But since you are of such strong will you are allowed to leave, but-,” Michael paused, “I will change the subject, I know how much you love the beach, and so I have brought you here. If you want to go on the beach you may, but the one thing you cannot do is go onto that property of there.” Michael paused and looked C.J. directly in the eyes, “Promise me you wont go through those bushes.” C.J. nodded, and in an instant she was bounding away from him and through the foliage.

Michael chased after her until they were both standing on a brilliant white sand beach. Holding his hand up indicating to her to wait he surveyed the beach; it was bounded on all four sides, two sides were blocked by large bushes, while one met the Ocean and the other an enormous mansion. Michael scanned the beach once more, and once he was satisfied that they were alone he lowered his hand and the pair started walking,

“It’s a bit weird, isn’t it? I mean usually when you go to the beach there are so many people, but now were…alone” Michael said the last word very dramatically, he smiled at C.J., who simply stared at him, “Relax C.J., there is no one around, Ruiz is probably off at some club, and if he’s watching somewhere we have the perfect alibi. And besides, this is kinda romantic.” Michael chuckled a bit, but C.J. continued to give him the death stare,

“You know what, I miss that Stephanie girl, I mean man did she have an ass!” Michael moved his hand to playfully spank C.J. when suddenly he felt her catch his arm and hold it tightly,

“What’s wrong cutie?”

Mysteria
02-11-2010, 07:07 PM
The minute that C.J. stepped out of the car Agent Ford's eyes were glued to her thin frame in what was a more than necessary appreciative glance. That is if one could call it a glance. For someone who was to be her bodyguard and would have seen her countless numbers of time he was acting like he had never seen her before. Some undercover agent he would make C.J. thought to herself as she made the mental note that he had better not blow this opportunity.

"Bonjour, Mademoiselle Stephanie," Michael Ford had obviously been practicing as his accent was flawless. Normally she would have glared at him for putting his lips anywhere near her but the custom of kissing the cheeks was a well known French custom and she reciprocated by kissing his cheeks in return. When he made the comment about her being late she would have liked to have told him that he better check his watch again but since they were indeed under cover she simply smiled that pearly white grin and said "It is as you know a princesses prerogative to be any damn thing she wishes to be."

C.J. turned and began walking as Ford walked beside her playing the game of false pretenses in case someone were to over hear their conversation. Her recent updated information regarding the case would have to wait for a more convenient time. When he told her that she couldn't go to that beach it was the perfect opportunity for her to play her role to the hilt. With a shrug of her shoulders the very nonchalant statement hissed through a whisper "Princesses go wherever they please" and with that C.J. disappeared through the bushes to find herself on a white beach the likes of which she had only ever before seen in a post card.

Agent Ford was being very cautious and given the circumstances Cassandra Carter couldn't really blame him even if she did think it might be a bit of being overly cautious on his behalf. Realizing that no one was in ear shot she moved closer to Michael filling him in quickly as they walked about the skin that Cobb had found under the Marines finger nails and informed him that Elle was currently in the process of running the samples through CODIS.

“It’s a bit weird, isn’t it? I mean usually when you go to the beach there are so many people, but now were…alone” Michaels comment made C.J.'s eyes narrow but Ford continued “Relax C.J., there is no one around, Ruiz is probably off at some club, and if he’s watching somewhere we have the perfect alibi. And besides, this is kinda romantic.” Michael chuckled but C.J. found no humor in it. She was beginning to wish they had figured out a different plan. Working with him was one thing but this man appeared to not have one single iota of a sense of when joking was appropriate and when he should just shut up and be serious. The only part of his statement that was even close to catching her attention was the fact that the private beach was a very romantic spot even if the moment itself was nothing close to being romantic.

“You know what, I miss that Stephanie girl, I mean man did she have an ass!” When Michael Ford moved his hand out to touch C.J. she'd had enough and grabbed his arm. Had he forgotten her training? C.J. decided it was time to show him he was not going to mess with her as though she was one of his little female toys in the sack.

“What’s wrong cutie?”

Before Agent Michael Ford knew what hit him C.J. had used one of her patented one step fluid motions to knock him on his ass in the pristine white sand. Within seconds Cassandra Carter was sitting straddled on top of him in her tiny white bathing suit, her long tan legs wrapped around him with her lips pressed close to his ear. In a whisper smooth as silk her warm breath washed over his skin as she mouthed the words "Agent Ford, I am not nor will I ever be your cutie so save the shit for your little playmates off hours."

Ryudo
02-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Cassandra Carter’s fiery eyes met Michael Ford’s for a moment, and in that instant Michael saw something that surprised and at the same time intrigued him. However, the next thing Michael knew he was flying towards the ground. Colliding with the sand Michael vision blurred slightly, with his back against the sand Michael quickly attempted to collect his thoughts, but before he could figure out what had just happened he felt the someone crawl over him. When his vision finally cleared his heart nearly skipped a beat, Cassandra Carter had him pinned to the ground.

Suddenly Michael realized that C.J. had tripped Michael, but before he could do or say anything C.J. leaned close to him, and whispered into his ear,

"Agent Ford, I am not nor will I ever be your cutie so save the shit for your little playmates off hours.”

C.J.’s succulent chorus served as an anchor to reality, and it finally came to Michael what was going on, Cassandra J. Carter was on top of him; this realization caused Michael to turn scarlet. Michael struggled for a few moments against C.J. but he couldn’t wiggle himself free, a combination of embarrassment, excitement, and C.J.’s strength prevented him from escaping her confines. Michael would have given anything to control his blushing, but he couldn’t and so he foolishly hoped that somehow C.J. wouldn’t notice.

Laying his head against the sand Michael’s eyes once again met C.J.’s, and wanting to avoid further shame Michael looked away from her beautiful gaze towards the house atop the beach. As he avoided C.J.’s gorgeous emerald eyes he noticed that a man was walking towards them from the house. Michael immediately returned his gaze to Cassandra, and indicated to her with head motions that someone was coming. C.J. relinquished her dominant position and helped Michael up, Michael quickly returned to his character before the man was in earshot,

“Well done Miss Stephanie, I see that those kickboxing lessons have paid off.” Wiping sand off his suit Michael gave a hearty laugh, then he turned to check on the interloper. Sure enough the man was still barreling towards he and C.J. Quickly Michael began sizing up the situation: though the man was no taller then Michael his lack of a neck and enormous arms gave him the appearance of a bear. As he walked towardsd them Michael noticed a slight limp that he figured was from a prior knee injury, finally his clenched fists tipped Michael off to the fact that he probably wasn’t interested in conversation. In short, Michael deduced that the man walking towards him was Ruiz Castillo’s personal security, and that Ruiz was trying to figure out exactly who Michael and C.J. were.

Standing straight up Michael prepared himself, undoubtedly Ruiz suspected that he and C.J. were cops, nervous people with something to hide usually jump to that conclusion without much evidence. Because of this Michael needed to prove quickly that he wasn’t a policeman. Raising his hand Michael’s voice boomed as he commanded the rapidly approaching man to stop,

“Keep you distance from Miss Stephanie!” The words Michael spoke seemed to go right past the man, and he refused to stop, exactly what Michael was hpoing for. Michael knew two important things about being a body guard/pretending to be one, first a policeman pretending to be a body guard will attempt to de-escalate a situation with his words, secondly a body guard will try to do the same, but without the words. Stepping between C.J. and the large man Michael waited for him to come closer, and not until the man had nearly stepped on his toes did Michael Ford react. Taking a small step forwards, Michael proceeded to throw a low, powerful, kick directly into the knee that was causing his opponent to limp. Falling to his knees in pain, the man looked up to only receive a direct head-butt from Michael, which sent the man reeling back.

Michael stopped his offense when he heard a loud whistle, looking up to see where the whistle came from Michael saw Ruiz Castillo step out of the house and proceed to walk towards him. Michael smiled, it appeared that his show of force had convinced Ruiz that he wasn’t a cop. Michael had done his part, now it was up to C.J. to get whatever information she could from the millionaire who stood before them. Ruiz looked to his fallen body guard, and in a voice thick with a Spanish accent and the smell of cheap cigars said,

“That’s enough Gunter, you’re an idiota and you can consider yourself unemployed.” Gunter spat a mouthful of blood onto the sand and then staggered away. Stepping past Michael, Ruiz went to C.J.,

“Senorita, lo siento mucho, my name is Ruiz Castillo,” Ruiz took C.J.’s hand and kissed it, “Now, what can I do for a princess as guapa as tu?”

Mysteria
02-23-2010, 03:42 AM
“Well done Miss Stephanie, I see that those kickboxing lessons have paid off.”

C.J. rolled her eyes in Michaels direction before whispering "saved by the bell once again aren't you?" Then in a much louder voice she played along with his little game. "Yes they have Victor, and I certainly hope I didn't hurt you in the least by trying out my latest move on you." C.J. watched as the mountain of a man approached Michael and couldn't help but chuckle as Michael reacted quickly. Well score one for the F.B.I agent C.J. thought to herself.

C.J. watched as the guard was reprimanded and began limping away. “Senorita, lo siento mucho, my name is Ruiz Castillo,” When Ruiz kissed her hand the first thing C.J. thought was she couldn't wait to wash the cigar smell from it but instead she smiled softly at Ruiz “Now, what can I do for a princess as guapa as tu?”

C.J. did not reply in Spanish but rather in French since she was after all representing an Island that primarily spoke French "Bonjour Monsieur. I am Princess Stephanie of Seychelles. This gentlemen is my body guard Vincent Aldrige. Please, do not be so harsh on your hired help, I am certain he only had your best interest at heart." C.J. flashed that beautiful pearly smile towards Ruiz and continued speaking "I do apologize if we are trespassing sir, I must admit that being a princess I am at times prone to not paying enough attention to where I am going. The lure of your beautiful white sands here prompted me to want to walk upon them. Of course, we will gladly exit the premises if you so wish us to?"

C.J's plan worked to perfection. Ruiz insisted that they stay and have a drink with him. Looping her arm in his she said with much enthusiasm "Oh, that would be so very lovely! Thank you for the invitation. Your home reminds me very much of mine back home." Tossing a glance over her shoulder she spoke to Victor "When you've finished your cigarette would you please be a dear and catch up so that you can escort me back to my fathers penthouse suite at the hotel? After all, we wouldn't want father to think that you were allowing me to traipse all over the place unescorted now then, would you?"

After their drinks had arrived on the veranda Ruiz became more than enthused to show C.J. his massive home and pump her for information about her homeland and her father. Luckily for her, they had done their homework and she had every answer ready in case Ruiz were to check up on them after they left and even luckier for her, she bore a striking resemblance to the real Princess Stephanie. Holding tightly onto his arm C.J. played her role to the hilt as she batted her long lush lashes at him "Mr. Castillo, thank you so very much for showing me your home here. My father will be so very pleased when I tell him how hospitable the people of America are!" Ruiz returned her smile as he wrapped his arm around her waist and said "The pleasure is mine Princess and please, there is no need for such formality. Please call me Ruiz."

With a courteous nod of her head C.J. replied "Ruiz it is then." The entire time she was with Ruiz he could barely take his eyes of her and despite her efforts to break free from his grasp, he held onto her as though he was protecting a baby.

Ryudo
02-28-2010, 08:39 PM
"Victor, when you've finished your cigarette would you please be a dear and catch up so that you can escort me back to my fathers penthouse suite at the hotel? After all, we wouldn't want father to think that you were allowing me to traipse all over the place unescorted now then, would you?"

Michael smiled and nodded at C.J., she had played her part phenomenally, now Michael had plenty of time to get all the evidence he needed, the main things that he needed were DNA and finger prints from both the guard and Ruiz Castillo. Michael had a plan for all of them, and as C.J. was lead to the Veranda by Ruiz Castillo, Michael walked over to where the large guard who he had the altercation with was leaning against a wall. Standing next to the guard Michael extended his hand for a shake,

“Names Victor Aldrige, sorry bout the nose,” the man shrugged and simply stared at Michael, it appeared to Michael that the man was suffering from hurt pride more than anything else. Reaching into his pocket Michael removed a pack of cigarettes, and drew two of them.; one of which he lit for himself, and the other he offered to the guard. Sighing the large man took the cigarette from Michael,

“I’m Ronald Hays,” the man said as he took a large puff of his cigarette, “and you’ve got a mean kick.” Both men stared at each other intently, Michael was unsure as to what was going to happen next, suddenly Ronald Hays began to bellow with laughter. Trying to act naturally Michael began to laugh too. When the laughter finally dissipated Hay’s finished his cigarette and threw it to the ground, then he turned to Michael,

“Well Victor, guess this is good bye, thanks for the smoke, now I gotta go kiss ass till I get my job back.” Michael laughed again as Hay’s left, when he was satisfied that Hay’s was gone he bent down and collected the cigarette as evidence, with any luck Michael might be able to get both a finger print and DNA from the discarded butt.

Michael waited for a few more seconds before he returned to the Veranda, seeing that both C.J. and Ruiz were gone he went immediately to the beer can that Ruiz had been drinking from and he bagged it as well. Placing both the pieces of evidence in his jacket pocket Michael turned around just in time to see Cassandra descending a flight of stairs with Ruiz Castillo, Michael raised his fingers to his lips and then proceeded with an extremely loud whistle, one of the few things that Michael had ever learned from his father. Upon hearing the whistle C.J. made her way to the Veranda, and after she had thanked Ruiz for his time Michael lead her away to her Porsche. While they walked Michael showed C.J. the evidence that he had bagged,

“Ta-da, did someone order DNA and fingerprints! So Miss Stephanie, how was your tour?”

Mysteria
03-04-2010, 08:58 PM
When Cassandra heard the whistle she glared at Michael and turning towards Ruiz flashed that pearly smile "It truly is such a shame that finally father finds good help but they lack manners." C.J. held onto Ruiz's arm as they walked across the room to where Michael was standing and turning to Ruiz once more she extended her hand to Ruiz who was more than glad to accept it. "Thank you so much for the tour of your wonderful home here Mr. Ruiz. Again, I'm so sorry that I didn't see your signs out front but truly you do have an amazing beach and beautiful home here."

Ruiz brought C.J.'s hand to his lips kissing it softly "Princess I assure you that it was no trouble at all. It was my pleasure." Turning back to Michael C.J. added the finishing touches on her performance "Victor, for the money that father pays you perhaps lessons in proper etiquette and manners would be in order. I am not some commoner that you can whistle to and be expectant of me to follow your orders."
She could hear Ruiz chuckling under his breath as she reprimanded "Victor".

Walking back to the Porsche once they were out of earshot of Ruiz or his hired help Michael proceeded to show C.J. the evidence that he had obtained. Before they made it to the Porsche C.J. suggested that since it was getting late on in the day they stop at one of the nearby sidewalk cafes and grab a bite to eat. Michael seemed a bit stunned by her suggestion but agreed that he was hungry too so stopping at the first cafe they came to they quickly ordered their meals. Sitting at one of the cafe tables they ate while discussing their next move.

"I think the best thing to do is get this evidence back to the lab and see what Elle can come up with for us. Depending on what she finds will tell us the direction we need to go next but whatever the outcome is it remains critical that Ruiz doesn't realize we are anyone other than who we said we were. We can let McLain and the others go into Ruiz's place if it comes down to it."

C.J. finished her meal and as an afterthought added "Of course, if McLain interrogates Ruiz, I'll be sure to let you know what he finds out." C.J. knew there was no way she could be present when McLain questioned Ruiz, but she sure as hell would be watching from outside the window. C.J. continued "If anyone can get information out of someone, it would be McLain."

Ryudo
03-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Michael was taken back by C.J.’s request, though there start had been more then rocky, it seemed that they were starting to really work together, perhaps even more. Michael disregarded that last though and smiled in affirmation of C.J.’s offer, they did in fact have a lot to discuss. Michael patted the Porsche gently as he entered it,

“So, is this car N.C.I.S. standard issue? Because if it is I might consider changing professions.”

----------------------------------------

There waitress refilled Michael’s coffee as C.J. finished speaking, he had ordered the coffee in an attempt to preempt the lack of sleep he was sure to obtain. Drawing the warm mug to his lips Michael ran over what C.J. had said, it made sense to have McLain run the interrogation if one was needed, and giving N.C.I.S. the DNA evidence made complete sense also, after all there lab already had the skin cells they had found underneath the marines fingers. Placing the coffee back on the table Michael indicated to the server that he was ready to pay,

“Sounds good to me, Elle can run the D.N.A we collected today against what she found under the nails of the marines first and foremost. Should we get a match to Ruiz or his bodyguard we know our next step, and I fully support McLain leading the interview should it come to that. Now, while you run the DNA and log the fingerprints I will see what I can find on your new buddy Ruiz, I have a feeling that most of his dealings are less then kosher.”

After paying his part of the check Michael stood and waited for C.J., as they exited the café Michael held the door open for her, a kind gesture that Michael was more then happy to make, who said chivalry was dead?

C.J. kindly dropped Michael off at FBI headquarters, once he had finished waving goodbye Michael headed inside to his desk. He and C.J. both agreed that they would work tonight and then meet up sometime tomorrow and discuss what they had found and what to do next. Michael wanted to find some time to sleep between now and then but he knew that he most likely wouldn’t.

Michael checked his emails quickly, in the course of a day he had received twenty seven emails. He quickly waded through them, most of them being spam, and after responding to a performance report on one of his fellow agents he proceeded to work on the case. Michael, during his time spent with the bomb squad and the agency, had made many acquaintances throughout the Bureau. Though Michael enjoyed the friendships primarily, he had to admit that being gregarious also had it’s advantages, like being able to call someone at 1:00 AM and ask a favor. Michael dialed the head of the Bureau’s Narcotics division in Miami, Jeff Martin. When he heard Jeff’s groggy voice on the other lineMichael began to work his magic,

“Morning Sleeping Beauty, I hope I didn’t wake you,” Michael herd a groan from the other side of the line, “Listen, I need some help, and after that time in Cabo I figure you owe me? I need you to investigate a man named Ruiz Castillo, I have a hunch that he’s connected to the Brazilian drug trade and I need you to figure out if I am right.” After finishing his conversation Michael hung up his phone and started doing a bit of research of his own.

----------------------------------------

Looking at the clock on his computer Michael gave a heavy sigh, it was five in the morning and Michael knew that soon the sun would be rising. Opening the bottom drawer Michael pulled out a pillow and set it on his desk along with his phone in case C.J. called. Placing his head on the pillow Michael drifted off to sleep.

Mysteria
03-20-2010, 09:51 PM
“So, is this car N.C.I.S. standard issue? Because if it is I might consider changing professions.”

C.J. smiled at Michael, perhaps for the first time a truly genuine smile that could have rivaled the suns very brightness itself. "No it's not standard issue. It's rented because we could barely show up there in a sedan now then could we." That smile never left her face as she continued "The truth is though that I do have one just like it only it's teal. Of course, I wasn't about to use my own vehicle for Ruiz to be able to trace." C.J. couldn't help but adding just for fun "Of course, the F.B.I wouldn't have ever thought of that small detail." Cassandra's eyes reflected merriment as she said it.

Dinner past quickly enough with the conversation remaining lighter than usual. Maybe she was finally getting accustomed to Agent Fords personality or maybe it was just the fact that she had to work with him and she saw no point in making it harder than it had to be. Either way, the dinner ended up being enjoyable enough and she dropped him off at F.B.I headquarters before making her way back to her apartment and changing back into some more work presentable clothing and going back into the office to have a sit down with McClain.

Her first stop was to get the D.N.A evidence to Elle and asking her to push it through as soon as possible. With a grin Elle had replied "You don't even have to ask, we are talking about Marines here and as always..." her voice had trailed off. Cassandra knew she hadn't needed to finish the sentence because Elle knew that C.J. would be able to finish it for her. "As always, when it comes to Marines it is always first priority. Thanks Elle" C.J. yelled over her shoulder as she made her way to her desk.

Not even an hour later as C.J. was waiting for McClain to get back from the field so they could talk Elle had called. She had a name. Hays. Finally a break in the case. The moment that McClain stepped into his office C.J. was there to greet him. "Hey boss, we've managed to catch a break in the McCord/McCallister case." C.J. promptly filled him in and within minutes McClain had called the rest of the group together. It was decided that the rest of the team would hit Ruiz's house the following day come dawn.

She tried calling agent Ford but got no answer and for some reason she didn't get a voice mail option either. Hopefully he would see that she had called and try to call her back. C.J. called it a day and found herself in bed relatively early. Hopefully Michael Ford would be an early riser because C.J. was and she needed to contact him since they planned on hitting Ruiz fairly early in the morning.

By five A.M she was up and ready to get the day started. Picking up her blackberry C.J. scrolled through the numbers until she found the one marked 'F.B.I'. That would be Fords number. Hitting send she waited til she heard a sleepy "Hello" on the other end then she spoke "Michael, the results came back already. It was Hays. McClains moving in at day break. If you want to be here when McClain works his magic, and see how a real pro handles an interrogation be at N.C.I.S headquarters by the time McClain and the team get back and trust me, McClain doesn't waste time screwing around."