PDA

View Full Version : {M} Alex & Reyna: A Modern Age Bonnie & Clyde; Stormwolf & Mysti

Mysteria
11-11-2009, 05:12 AM
Alex & Reyna: A Modern Age Bonnie & Clyde; Stormwolf and Mysti, rated R for violence, mature language, and sensual situations.

Reyna’s tan body glistened with sweat trickling down the small of her back as she sat on the floor with her long lean legs stretched out in front of her as she bent to grab her left ankle, holding it for a few moments before releasing it. Reaching over, she grabbed her right ankle and held that position for a few moments before slowly returning to an upright position and raising her hands above her head and stretching towards the ceiling. She took in a few deep breathes, exhaling slowly as was customary in her normal cool down routine after her work outs. Her pulse slowed, her breasts rising and falling with controlled even breaths as she tilted her head from one shoulder to the other.

Reaching for the towel laying to her right, she noticed the man on the recliner sitting opposite of her across the room.

“How long have you been watching me?”

Interrupted by a sudden ringing, Reyna sprung to her feet to answer the phone on the stand beside the man. In a few quick strides she was standing beside him answering the phone.

“Hello, Reyna?”

She listened intently as the caller spoke on the other end.

“Send me the details.”

Hanging up the phone she looked down at her companion, a glint of adventure gleaming in her dark eyes as she ran her fingers through his hair. It was hard for her to believe that she had found someone like Alex in her life. They had met on one of her Fathers expeditions that had taken her to Israel. Alex had been among the military forces sent to guard the dig site as it was the United States Government who had requested her fathers presence there. Her first impression of the man had not been a good one. He had seemed like a stiff officer who never was seen with a smile on his face and his stand-offish demeanor had put her off. She had actually went out of her way to avoid him anytime she had seen him on site. He was always telling her she needed to stay on site where she could be watched over and that had never sat well with her. She was free spirited and liked to roam, besides, she was more than capable of taking care of herself and didn’t need ANY mans protection. They had exchanged harsh words on more than one occasion but for some reason, it had always been a source of joy for her to have someone to banter with although she would never admit it. She recalled vividly the day he had grabbed hold of her wrist as she tried to leave and she had spun to face him. Military or not she couldn’t deny his good looks and that day was the first time she had been given the chance to see him THAT close. Admittedly, she had found him attractive but had never left on. After all, he was still just a military brut.

It wasn’t until she had sprained her ankle and he had accompanied her on her trip into town for proper medical attention that she really had gotten to see a different side of him. Over a course of time her dislike for him had changed and a wonderful relationship had blossomed between them. He had become her friend, her confidant, and her lover. At some point they had become almost inseparable and when he had asked her to marry him it had not taken her long to accept. He completed her and their life together had been almost as if a fairy tale come true.

With a few twists and turns, that is.

She smiled as he pulled her down into his lap. Anytime that she had the chance to feel his arms around her, was a time she cherished, whether soaked from the sweat of a work out or from….

Her eyes twinkled at the thought.

“So, how would you feel about going on an adventure? ”

Alex had been watching his lovely wife work out for a few minutes now. He stumbled upon her doing her stretches when he originally came down to get a bottle of water, but found something better. He plopped himself down in the nearby recliner and watched her. Reyna was a perfect woman in his eyes; great body, great mind, and an even greater soul.

He smiled happily as he felt her fingers run through his short hair. He waited for her to hang up the phone so he could pull her down onto his lap. His hands on her shapely hips, he smiled at her. He leaned up and kissed her passionately on the lips before speaking,

"Sweetheart, as long as you are there with me, I'll go anywhere." he said with a chuckle, giving her rear a little squeeze with a smirk.

His hands on her was enough to make her playful side come out. Turning towards him and straddling his lap she purred into his ear. “Anywhere, Darling?” She said as she buried her face against his neck, brushing it with her lips softly.

She was crazy about him and the honeymoon seemed to always just be starting, and never ending. Her dark eyes stared into his bright blue orbs, all joking gone. Here in his arms, she had no reason to fear anything. It was here that she felt safer than she ever had before. She was a strong woman, both mentally and physically and fear was something that she had little of, but in her few rare moments of weakness, it would always be his arms that she would seek. Passion filled her eyes as her soft lips sought out his once again, her tongue tracing the outline of his lips before her mouth came down hard on his, her tongue seeking his. Nothing felt more right to her than……

“Damn” She said with a start as the clock chimed five pm, reluctantly breaking the kiss. “If we don’t get moving, we’ll never make our dinner reservation at La Mirage.”

Alex got lost in the kiss, the feel of her lips upon his skin was something he would do anything for, it had become his most favorite feeling in the entire world. When she stopped, he gave her the 'puppy dog eyes' look, sighing. He gave her one last peck on the lips and a light pat on her thigh before lifting her off of him.

"Yes dear." Alex said in a tone that said he still wanted more, but it would have to wait, just not too long. "I'll go and get dressed... formal, I take it?" he said over his thick shoulder, a smile on his face.

"Yes dear, it will be formal. Should I wear the red dress with the spaghetti straps?" She said, rolling her eyes at him. She knew full well he loved her in the red dress and he knew full well that she didn't think she looked good in red. He always said she looked "sexy" in it but she had never thought of red as a good color for her. Either way, she'd wear it because it was his favorite and she enjoyed making her husband happy.

Stepping into the bathroom she turned the water on to allow the water to get warm as she undressed. Wrapping the towel around her she walked back out to see her husband looking through the closet. Alex would look good in whatever he chose; he looked good in everything he wore. His rugged good looks and well toned physique stood out in any room, whether he was in fatigues or a tuxedo.

"I'll be just a few minutes; don't go anywhere, Mr. Markus. That is of course, unless you want to join me?" she said over her shoulder, her voice like silk before teasingly dropping the towel and stepping back into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. The hot water felt good as it slowly trickled down crossed her tanned body. She would have loved to have had time to linger in the hot shower, and even more to have had Alex join her, but they were already late. Showering quickly and towel drying her hair and running a comb through it she dressed in the red dress and pulled on her high heels before applying just a touch of make up.

She stepped back into the room just as Alex was finishing dressing.

"How do I look?" He looked exactly like she knew that he would. She could smell his cologne from where she was standing. It was her favorite and it wasn't making it easy to not want to call and cancel their plans for this evening. Had it not been for seeing her father’s old friend Charles Langley, she would have already been in his arms.

"You look like the man I want to spend the rest of my life with." she said, her brown eyes looking at him lovingly, yet filled with lust. She handed him the golden locket. It was her favorite locket; it held a picture of them when they were on the site in Israel. They had been together ever since.

"Help me with this, will you please babe?"

Alex smiled as he replayed the image of her getting the shower in his head. Her shapely form, her tanned skin, her perfect legs that went up to her...

He was snapped from his thoughts by Reyna handing him a locket. It was a gift he got her once, and she wore it almost every day. She asked him to help her put it on, he took the golden heart with a smile as she turned around.

He placed the fine golden chain around her smooth neck gently, as he always is with her unless she tells him otherwise. He clipped the chain together after some fumbling with his thick fingers and the small clip. Alex kissed her neck and let his hands run down her form, over silk and skin, barely able to tell the difference. He kissed her neck and ear softly, wrapping his arms around her waist, holding her close.

"Is this dinner meeting really that urgent?" Alex said in a voice soft as oiled leather but like rolling thunder. Alex's voice had always been deep, it helped in the Marine Corps when yelling orders.

Alex spun his spouse around so she was facing him, his hands on her lower back, pulling her lithe form into his blocky one. He kissed her on the lips, letting his tongue dance with hers. He broke it to grin,

"I mean, what else does this guy we are meeting have to do, right? What is an hour or so... traffic can... screw with your time table." He chuckled at her, kissing her again. He paused a long time, lost in her dark eyes. A perpetual smile stuck on his face,

"Sometimes, I find it hard to believe a man like me got a woman like you as a wife..." he says in a whisper, his nose touching hers.

Reyna instinctively pressed her backside into her husband, tilting her head slightly as she offered her soft neck to his whispering lips. It was typical of him to tease her in this fashion, at the most inopportune time possible, and he knew exactly where to find that perfect soft spot that drove her insane.

“Is this dinner meeting really that urgent?”

He had used ‘that’ voice, the one that always stopped her in her tracks, and the one that made it impossible for her to resist him. “But, Alex…” her voice barely came above a whisper. Before the protest was even finished being uttered her husband spun her, pulling her close and she responded by melding her form to his, and melting into his kiss.

“I mean, what else does this guy we are meeting have to do, right? What is an hour or so…traffic can…screw with your time table.”

Her husband’s eyes changed to a darker hue as his gaze held Reyna’s. When he looked at her that way it was though he was peering into her heart and straight into her soul. His whispers of adoration were all that it took. Clasping her hands around his neck she brushed his lips lightly with hers.

“Baby, your not making this easy.” She said tilting her hips forward slightly into his, her kiss slow, deliberate and sensual. She ached for him and her husband knew damn well what he was doing to her.

What he had not expected was the quick tap he received on his derriere and her moving to pull away with devilment in her dark brown eyes. “Just keep that thought in your mind until later, if you can, that is…”She said, her breath moist and warm upon his lobe, her voice husky as she breathed the words into his ear ever so lightly….

“Semper Fi.”

She knew exactly what effect the whispered words would have on her Marine.

Alex sighed and smiled,

"Semper Fi - Always Faithful." he said with a defeated voice. He followed her out the door of their abode, their shared home. He stayed but a few strides behind her so he could watch her walk. Alex had never taken any drugs in his life other than the ones doctors put in him to stabilize him in the medic tent, and he has only gotten drunk twice in his whole life. So if there was one thing he was addicted to, it was his wife. All of her. He could watch her her walk or work out for hours on end every day.

"I only do this because I love you so much. If you love me as much, you won't leave me hanging for too long, right dear? I guess we should go huh?" He said, a smile, and the same puppy-dog gaze on her.

Mysteria
11-11-2009, 05:40 AM
"I guess we should go, huh?" Reyna smiled lovingly at her husband. "Yes we should, Professor Langley will be waiting." They were about to leave when Reyna noted it still looked like rain although the rain had stopped and decided it would probably be better for them to take her hummer than to take the silver Porche convertible.

As promised, Reyna drove and they arrived on time and with a few moments to spare. While the couple had dinner with her old friend and his lovely wife, Reyna knew it would be the perfect time to inquire of the Archeology Professor concerning the legends of El Dorado. Reyna noticed her husbands raised eyebrow, but he said nothing, at least for the moment. Their last trip to Columbia had been a bit dangerous, but then again, it wasn't the only adventure that had put the couple in harms way. Reyna made mental notes as the Professor spoke. The evening passed by quickly and after having spent a lovely time catching up with her fathers old comrade and having had a delectable meal that was pleasing to the pallet, the couple excused themselves and returned home.

Alex drove home, as Reyna had ordered a glass of wine with her meal and she refused to drink even just a little bit and then get behind the wheel. Resting her hand on her husbands leg she gently began rubbing his thigh lightly as she spoke. "There should be some details about the job arrive tomorrow morning, but of course, if we accept it, that would mean having to go back into Bogata." She studied her husbands face for a second to see if there was a reaction before continuing, her voice pitched with excitement. "Imagine babe, we could be the ones to discover the secrets of El Dorado. Just imagine..." Her voice trailed off as a glint formed in her eye.

StormWolf
11-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Alex kept his keen blue eyes on the road, attempting to stay concentrated on driving, and his wife’s rubbing of his thigh was no help. He sighed, prying his eyes from the road when they were at a red light. He looked her in her dark eyes seriously.

“Yeah, I know…. El-goddamn-Dorado.” He sighed, seeing the light turn green in his peripheral vision. Snapping his focus back on the road, he continued driving at a speed that bordered legality. “It’s just…. You know how I feel about that part of the world. I almost lost you last time we were there. If we go, I am packing heavy, and there is nothing you can do or say to change that.” They both knew what he meant by packing heavy. Behind a few of their book cases and in a secret closet behind his wife’s dresses, Alex kept a sizable personal armory that would make any marine proud. He would be taking some definite man-stoppers on this trip. Likely a few .45’s and some heavier guns, they could bypass airport security if they took a private charter.

When the loving couple returned home, Alex wasted no time in taking off his shirt and tie. He hated monkey suits. The marine stripped himself down to nothing, taking his turn in the shower. Whether Reyna watched or not didn’t matter to him. There was no part of him that she had not seen before. However, it was always exhilarating when he saw her sneaking a peek or twelve.

Finishing his shower, Alex let himself drip dry while he shaved and brushed his teeth, gargling with mouthwash to get the odd pepper taste of his dinner off of his tongue. He walked past his Reyna, giving her a pinch on her firm buttocks on his way to bed. Climbing under the covers, Alex preferred to not wear anything to bed this time of year. The weather was too freaking hot for someone who was naturally hot blooded like himself. Reyna hated it when he sweated on her while sleeping and the sheets were a pain in the ass to clean.

“Come to bed dear, before I throw you over my shoulder and carry you. The professor said we would get the information in the morning.”

The Next Morning…

Alex awoke around 4:20 in the morning, as he always did. He was never one to sleep in thanks to boot camp. Slipping out of bed after laying a tender kiss on Reyna’s head, Alex pulled the covers over his wife before he went to the kitchen to make some coffee after slipping on his military work-out pants.

Returning to the bedroom 5:19 with a McDonalds hotcake breakfast for his love, Alex sat at their computer and opened the email he received from the professor. Printing the small novel of an attachment, the marine stapled the thick stack of papers together and put it on the breakfast-in-bed tray next to the plate with the pancakes, bacon, eggs, and syrup. Fixing her a cup of coffee just how she liked it, Alex brought the tray over to his wife, laying light kisses on her ear and neck,

“Wakey, wakey, sleeping beauty. Prince Charming brought breakfast.”

Mysteria
11-13-2009, 12:49 AM
The drive home was a swift one, and Reyna was glad. She hadn’t realized how tired she had become throughout the course of the day and a good nights rest would do her wonders. For the most part, she rode silently as she listened to her husband speaking.

“Yeah, I know…. El-goddamn-Dorado.” Reyna winced upon hearing the words. She knew that her husbands reaction to the mentioning of El Dorado would not be kind. Rather than try to argue a point with him that she knew she could not win, she simply smiled back into his eyes when he looked deeply into hers. He meant well and she knew it, and while she appreciated the concern and love he had for her, his protectiveness of her was sometimes a bit frustrating because he often forgot that she was well versed in protecting herself. He often forgot that had she wished to, she could with ease toss him over her shoulder to the ground. Her self defense training had more than paid off on several occasions.

“Of course, going back into that territory is dangerous and it would serve us well to be prepared. One can never be too careful there.”

By that time they had arrived home and no sooner had they gotten into the house that she had slipped off the heels that she loathed so much, her husband had already begun undressing. She watched him as he removed his shirt and tie, always appreciative of the fine masculine form that lie hidden beneath his clothing. She continued watching him as he removed the rest of his clothing and closed the shower door behind him. There was no rush to be anywhere now, and she almost decided to join him but as it already stood, she was tired.

Slipping out of her own clothes and into a short teal colored night gown, she looked in on her husband one more time just to take a quick peek before sitting down at the computer and rifling through a few e-mails, deleting those of little importance before making a few quick responses back to those that commanded a response.

She had just stood up and was getting ready to power down the computer for the night when her husband returned from the shower, giving her a quick love tap on her derriere before she heard the words “Come to bed dear, before I throw you over my shoulder and carry you. The professor said we would get the information in the morning.”

“Just shutting things down for the night, I’ll be there in a moment.” She replied before moving to sit on the edge of the bed and turning the light on the night stand off. She crawled into bed, snuggling up close to her husband. He was warm as always, and the cool silk of the short gown provided a nice contrast that lent way to help keep him cool. Leaning up she kissed him goodnight before curling up on his shoulder and wrapping one leg over top of him whispering “Goodnight baby, I love you.” Before Reyna knew it, she was fast asleep.

A few hours later, Reyna stirred in her sleep. Dreams of their last trip to Columbia had awakened her with a startle. She lie in the darkness for a few minutes, allowing her breathing to return to normal so as not to startle Alex. He hated when the dreams came to her and it only fueled his desire to protect her even more. The truth was, she had almost perished in their last trip there. She traced the scar that remained on her side through the slightly damp cloth of her gown. Alex still lay fast asleep as his wife curled up against him once more.

Reyna laid still, curled against her husband, feeling the beat of his heart, steady and strong against her skin. It was in times like these that her love for him over powered her and it was times like these when she was at her weakest. She lay there, still slightly trembling from the dreams as she buried her head into his strong shoulder. Ever so lightly she began tracing her fingers lightly across his chest, watching him as he peacefully slept. She didn’t want to awaken him but the longer she lay there, the more she needed to feel his arms around her, protecting her, making her forget the nightmares, allowing her to feel his love for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Morning After:

Reyna stirred slightly as her husband kissed her and rolled out of bed, a smile unconscientiously gracing her lips before she fell back into a solid sleep. It wasn’t unusual for Alex to be awake in the early hours of the morning.

The smell of fresh brewed coffee coupled with the warmth of her husbands kisses pressed to her shoulder had awakened Reyna. Sitting up, she wrapped her arms around his neck, purring “And my prince charming, you most certainly are” she said before kissing him good morning.

Alex had brought her breakfast in bed. He always knew exactly how to reassure his wife after a night of dreams haunting her. She sat up, sipping the coffee and cutting a bite of the pancakes off, feeding it to her husband before taking a bite for herself.

She scanned over the paperwork as she ate, stopping to feed her husband half of the shared breakfast as she read. Getting out of bed, she handed him the stack of papers as she went to get another cup of coffee. She asked of her husband before heading to the kitchen. “Do you want me to bring you a refill too, or have you had enough already? It looks like Professor Langely covered everything down to the most minute details but scan it again and make sure I’m not missing anything important.” Reyna called the last sentence out over her shoulder. Alex didn’t always drink a lot of coffee. He was very strict about what he allowed into his system. Reyna was too, but she had a weakness for her morning coffee.

StormWolf
11-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Alex sat in bed next to his wife, reading the paper in-between the shared bites of pancake that he got. He would occasionally steal a slice of bacon or a bit of the sausage. He knew he would likely be subject to a spanking for stealing his darling's food, but then again, that was why he did it.

When Reyna asked him to look over the packet Langley had sent, he grimmaced. Lots of reading and historical gobbledigook. Alex skimmed through the packet a few times. City of Gold, ancient Aztech whatever.

"There aren't any curses or hexes or any crap like that, is there? Last thing I need is to be cursed with God-knows-what." He shrugged at the look he got from Reyna. He always was the supersticious one.

"What? I don't like fighting things I can't blow away. The locals and the whack-job treasure hunters are enough for me to worry about." He closed the thick packet of paper and plopped it down in the mattress with a sigh.

"No coffe for me, thanks." he ran a hand through his short-cut hair.

"We're gonna play this one safe, right Reyna?" he said, almost pleadingly.

Mysteria
11-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Reyna smiled each time her husband slid a piece of bacon or sausage from her plate, with a knowing that only came from knowing her husband so well.

"There aren't any curses or hexes or any crap like that, is there? Last thing I need is to be cursed with God-knows-what." Her husband had always been more superstitious than her, and she simply smiled at him, replying "No dear, nothing like that. I just want us to both be sure we know what we are getting ourselves into." Of course there were ancient Aztec superstitions, but nothing that Reyna herself believed in.

Reyna simply sighed when her husband threw the packet down. She knew he hated reading, but it was important to her that they both knew what the trip would entail.

Making her way to get her coffee she heard her husband confirming that which she already had known. He didn't want any more coffee. Reyna herself decided to grab a glass of ice water instead of making a pot of coffee. Lately her stomach had been leaving her feeling a bit nauseous, but she didn't want to alarm Alex with that fact. He was already over protective enough of her and he would be overly concerned if he thought she was sick. She would say nothing as this trip meant the world to her.

Returning with her water she said to her husband "Then we should probably leave for the trip in a few days after we are certain we have everything we need gathered. And, we need to make sure the jet is fueled and ready, and that the pilot will be available." Because of some of their previous excursions, the couple was more than well to do when it came to money, even if they had chosen to live in a quiet, comfy abode. They preferred it that way. The only tell tale signs of their wealth would be the Porche and Hummer sitting in the garage, along with a few other fancy automobiles and motorcycles and a few treasured artifacts that adorned their home.

"It will also give me time to prepare, and of course do some shopping, while you gather the things that we need for a safe trip." And by that, Reyna knew that her husband would know she was referring to any weapons that he felt would be needed for the dangerous journey that lie ahead.

In actuality, Reyna had little shopping to do, rather, she had an appointment at the doctors that Alex didn't know about. She wanted to discuss her sudden symptoms of nausea which she had chalked up to be simple indigestion although she was quickly beginning to suspect that it might be something more.

StormWolf
11-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Alex smiled at his wife for no particular reason, he just felt like smiling at her, he always felt like smiling when he looked at her.

"Sure thing, hon. I'll gather our inshurance policies while you get some supplies. By supplies, I mean supplies, not that rediculous bejeweled choker you saw at Kays the other day, that is for me to get you." he smiled, getting out of bed and changing into a pair of sturdy levi jeans and a t-shirt. Walking by his wife to give her a kiss before leaving to gather his supplies.

Jumping in the Hummer, Alex drove to their personal storage lot a few blocks away. They owned three storage units, all of them stocked with insurance policies. Using a key to unlock the middle unit, he lifted the metal door and walked inside. Weapon racks filled the place, ranging from the small PPK 9mm to the Barret 50 caliber anti-armor rifle. Alex had friends in high places in the military. Pulling two dufflebags from the trunk of the Hummer, he started loading them with his weapons of choice.

"Lemme see.... Colt 45, a couple of berrettas, mossberg, fashlights, survival knives, flares, flaregun, micro uzi, and a whole lot of ammo...." he talked to himself as he loaded the items into one of the duffle bags. He had to consider all possible situations and be able to fit problem solvers for every situation into two dufflebags. This was going to take a while....

Mysteria
12-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Reyna sat on the bed watching her husband as he got dressed. Although Alex had already completed serving his time in the military he was still physically fit. The truth was that he was solid muscle and Reyna never missed the chance to toss her glance his way when he was in the nude.

She smiled when her husband kissed her goodbye then began to ready herself for her trip into town. Much like Alex, she chose to dress rather casually selecting a pair of black jeans and a simple ivory colored blouse.

Grabbing the keys to the Porsche and her purse Reyna first headed to her doctors appointment knowing that Alex should be busy for quite some time gathering the necessities for their trip. It was an unusually warm day and Reyna took advantage of the convertible for what probably would end up being the last time that year. Pulling into the doctors office she parked and went inside. Within moments she was taken back to an examining room and a few moments later the doctor arrived.

She began telling the doctor what symptoms she had been experiencing lately and in mid sentence he cut her off. "Reyna, is there any chance you might be pregnant?" Pregnant!

Reyna's mind wandered off at the word. Pregnant? She looked at the doctor with a stunned expression. "Well yeah, I guess there is that chance, I mean we have been planning on having a child but pregnant? Me? Now?" Her doctor just laughed and replied "With a simple test we can find out."

Reyna thought about the trip, about flying, about El Dorado. Finally she asked the dreaded question. "Doc, I've heard you can't fly when your pregnant. We have a trip planned. Is it safe, I mean...can I fly?" The doctor explained it to her and Reyna relaxed considerably.

Shortly after Reyna left the doctors office with her mind still stuck on the word pregnant. She would have to use extreme caution on this trip but there was no way she was calling it off now. She had been looking forward to it far too much than to call it off now. And Alex! She wouldn't dare tell him, at least not right away. If he thought for one minute that his wife was pregnant he would never allow the trip. Reyna sighed heavily not certain what to do. To not tell him might anger him too. If she didn't tell him, she would have to allow him to be the over protective husband and risk causing him to be upset with her. If she did tell him she would still have to deal with his being over protective. She would have to give this situation a lot of thought before making her decision.

Pushing it to the back of her mind for the time being Reyna went to gather the "supplies" they needed. She needed to pick up little for the trip. She knew that Alex always took care of things like this. She stopped by the local sportsman shop to snoop around anyhow. Pistols, rifles, knives.....her eyes lingered on the knife case. It wouldn't hurt for her to have a knife on herself for protection. The last time they had been in Bogata had she had one with her she might not now carry the scar in her side.

Choosing a Safe Maker 1 for herself and a M16 MIL High Risk Environment for her husband and picking up a fresh stock of batteries for the flashlights Reyna checked out of the store and headed home. Reyna knew that Alex would be pleased with her choice for him and probably grumble because she had purchased one for herself. He would say "Why do you need a knife when I'm here to protect you?" Reyna smiled to herself because deep down, she knew he was correct but still given the current situation she wasn't willing to take any unnecessary chances.

The current situation....Reyna sighed still not knowing just yet whether she would or wouldn't tell Alex. Maybe she would wait until they were on the plane but that would still upset him. Maybe she wouldn't tell him until they got back from El Dorado. Maybe...Reyna's train of thought came to an abrupt hault as she heard the hummer pulling into the driveway.

It was show time.