PDA

View Full Version : The Farcry and the Outcry (open)

pooky
11-12-2009, 01:57 AM
Back in the 1990s, there was a research facility known as The Farcry located near the outskirts of London England. The Farcry facility was known world wide as being biochemistry and genetics. World-renowned scientists worked there, and new scientists dreamed of working there. It accepted the help of random people. People would volunteer to help with experiments; usually it was just giving a blood sample or taking a dose of a drug so mild that anything caused by it would be minimal. The tests people volunteered for were extremely safe and the people volunteering for them were never put in harms way. Although this was good for any person that volunteered, it made the scientists working there restless. They could never fully carry out an experiment so their progress was only minimal. They wanted to further their research as much as possible, but to do that they needed people to help them by doing more than just give blood or help with the first stages of a small experiment.

Then came “The October Incident”. On October 28, 1999 a single person came to the Farcry. It was a young girl, only 18 years old. She gave blood to them, saying that she wanted to help further science. Seemed like a normal task, people often came in to do this. But there was something different about the girl’s blood. It had seemed to be both type A and type O. This amazed the scientists and they were anxious do more with the girl. However the girl wasn’t willing to do anything else, she had wanted to give blood and nothing else. This tipped the scientists over the edge. They were fed up and they had decided they were going to do experiments on people, whether the people were willing to comply or not.
They made the facility burn down. However this was just a cover up to throw off people and it was quickly rebuilt in an isolated location in north-eastern England far away from any civilization.
The scientists paid high amounts for strong bodyguards and security to their dirty work for them. Then they began to kidnap people for experiments. The people were kept in horrible, dungeon like conditions, only seeing the light of day when they were taken to take part in an experiment. Everything from the food, to the plastic sheets they slept on was horrid (the scientists themselves were sleeping and eating in luxury). However once people were taken out of the dungeon like sleep areas, they began to desperately wish to be back in them.
They were used as guinea pigs; they were often strapped down to tables, and were given nothing to hep with the pain they were put through as they were experimented on. The scientists mutated on them, giving those powers and other in-human advantages. But most of the people would agree that they would trade all they were given for the chance to be free.
To sum it up, it was a torture chamber.

The Farcry was kept a secret. Most don’t know about it. Those who do know about are to scared to speak of it. And those who were lucky enough to escape keep their mouths shut about it for fear of being caught.

However now in present day there is a small glimmer of hope through all the madness. It comes in a group called the Outcry. They are mostly made up of people who have either witnessed the horrors of the Farcry, or were somehow victimized by the Farcry. They are all highly trained warriors, and they have one goal: destroy the Farcry.

Rules- No one's invincible
- Keep romance and language at a decent level
- No godmoding
- You can be any role you want, including a scientist
- Try to keep to either being a human, or a mutated human (I might make a few excpetions)
- Have fun
-Try to have at least three sentences per post
-If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Chacracter Sheet:

Name:
Role:
Appearance:
(If mutated human) Mutations:
Personality:
Bio:
(optional) Other:

Shani
11-12-2009, 03:04 AM
Cool I'll work on a charai later I would like to be a mutated human.
This sounds like fun.

Rook
11-13-2009, 07:51 AM
Name:Lance Ingram
Role: Outcry Warrior
Appearance: An average human being. Slender, but very strange sinewy build, leans toward dark cloths. Dark Blond hair with a length just past the lower jaw, and cold, amber golden eyes.
(If mutated human) Mutations: Modified Muscle Structure
Personality: After all of the experiments, his pleasant demeanor has been all but destroyed. He's got nothing left to lose, nothing left to be concerned with, and honestly at this point wouldn't have it any other way. He's fairly fate oriented.
Bio: He was a normal collage student, nothing important going on in his life when suddenly, he became unconscious with a sack over his head. He woke up in a lab, and began to suffer for three years until the time of his escape.

His friends and family went through hell thinking he was dead, and he doesn't dare tell them where he is or what he's doing, because it could be a danger to them. All he's said is he has work to do.

He joined the Outcry, after finding out of it's existence, for one reason. The total eradication of Farcry, and the death of every single one of the mad men running the operation. He does this claiming it to be the will of his destiny that sent him to Farcry in the first place, so that he could become stronger and colder through their recreated hell, and come back to destroy them with his own two hands.

(optional) Other: Being someone of advanced muscle mutation, and someone who’s gone through the hellish tortures of Farcry, he has a penchant for fighting unarmed, and has a nearly insurmountable pain tolerance.

Bravado
11-13-2009, 11:20 PM
ooc: Fun fun!

Name: "Dr." Frederick Wilkinson

Role: Farcry Scientist (Active)

Appearance: Due to an internal withheld anxiety, it is not uncommon to see the tenure scientist shuddering or tightly clenching his left arm with his right hand. A measure taken to distract himself from the activities he carries out, he often will break out into a bumpy hum or whistle, signifying his relative location at a given moment. Often, he will wear a white medical mask over his nose and mouth, not so much for protection as simply to serve as another method of degradation towards his victims. A white lab coat (coordinated himself, how darling) was among his daily attire, accompanying dress pants of whatever color was desired that day, black dress shoes, and, though it is invisible beneath his buttoned jacket, a matching white dress shirt. His eyes are a simple brown; though they would appear angry at first glance, a deeper inspection may display that this is in fact a silent sheath for fear and knowledge of immoral practice within the outer lens. Quite pale, the young man rarely receives exposure to the outside world, preferring not to get his own hands dirty in the search for lab ra--er, oops, rather, test subjects. A patch of brown hair sits awkwardly upon his head, fading in color due to stress and habit. Though it reaches a roughly average length, its prescene still seems somewhat scarce. Stumpy fingers, a result of frequent nail-biting, are rather prominent, often receiving frightened or repulsed looks from his experiments.

(If mutated human) Mutations: Not Applicable

Personality: A man of many faces, Dr. Frederick Wilkinson is both quick to harm and slow to disregard the consequences of his actions. Every mutation, every disfigurement...every death... sits upon his conscience in the same way as the last, the most recent atrocities taking the front seat within his fragile mind. In many ways, Wilkinson is quite like a boy: simple things such as sounds and raised voices frighten him, and to combat his fear, he simply screams at the perpetrator as part of a facade to appear powerful; to show no fear. In reality, this cannot be so; the young man is a complete basketcase due to mockery of a stutter in his youth, a problem which plagues him to this day. An awkward combination to anger, jealousy, and fear encompass his thoughts, and are taken out in bouts of aggression upon the innocent. Growing up companionless in all aspects of the term has made him bitter and jealous of those that have won the gift of compassion, as well as fearful of his own demeanor. For these invalids to be loved, he must have been doing something wrong. As this mindset took over, he simply started to revert to the mindset of an insane man, seeing it as plausible compensation for his lack of affection.

Bio: In his boyhood, Frederick was extremely lanky and unattractive. This fact, accompanied by his stutter, caused him to be constantly mocked and ridiculed by the majority of his peers. Daily, he would attend speech class, only to exit in failure two hours after school had already ended. His self-conscious nature also contributed to the disorder, allowing for awkward and garbled oral presentations at the center of his classroom. As he aged, his figure became a bit more refined, yet the stutter still remained. In silence and in private would he complete his work, achieving high honors in the classroom, though retaining the status of a phantom all the while. Because he displayed no love for any other individual, tackling a ten-year college plan seemed no great task. Graduating with one bachelor's and one master's degree in psychiatrics, he immediately seeked work within an all-too-solitary facility...

Arrive the Farcry Scientist.

(optional) Other: Generally, due to his psychiatric prowess, Frederick administers injections and other foreign medicines within the Farcry occupants.

pooky
11-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Alright, Serin, two things: first, please develop the personality a little bit more. Doesn't need to be long, just add things like his interests. Secondly, the only way for him to have left the Fracry was for to escape. Please add that, otherwise he'd still be at the Farcry.

Bravado, accepted

pooky
11-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Oh and here's my character:

Name: Sonya Bideu
Role: Mutated human, escaped from Farcry
Appearance: http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2008/specials/yearend/teen_breakout/hayley_williams.jpg

(If mutated human) Mutations: Rapid healing, can project her mind to reach the thoughts of those around her.
Personality: Used to be very outgoing and friendly. But since she was captured she was been reserved and is usually quiet. She keeps to herself and often feels cautious and paranoid, especially around big groups of people. Since the time se escaped till not she has made some progress in communication with other people. She still has nightmares about when she was captured. Her hobbies used to include soccer, swimming, and almost anything outdoors. Now she usually just sits by herself and does an activity alone such as reading or drawing (or even just staring out her bedroom window)
History: She grew up with her parents and older brother. They were a middle class family, her mother was an elementry teacher and her father was a doctor. They were a very average family. However thier mother didn't want them to get "dissolved" into technology so they didn't have a tv or computer. So Sonya spent most of her time with friends and/or outside playing. Sometimes she bugged her brother enough for him to with her.
When she was about 14 her parents died in a car crash. Fortunatly her brother was just about old enough to be allowed to look after her so she began to live with him. They became more close them either of them would have ever expected.
On her 15th birthday she was walking to meet with her friends at the mall when she was apporached by two men. They asked her to come with them, when she protested they knocked her out and kidnapped her. When she awoke she was in a small dungeon-like room, they only light coming from under the door. The door soon was opened and a women in a lab coat came inside. She explained that they had been watching Sonya for some time now and she had been choosen to "help the world of science" because of her good fitness level and overall healthiness. The rest felt like a neverending mightmare. Every day she was tested on then sent back to her cell (which was having a huge rat problem). The women who had seen her the first day was usually the head of the people that tested on her. She was never given a sedative to help with her pain, and every time she protested she was either ignored or strapped down to a chair with a cloth placed in her mouth while someone repeatedly hit her. The only other people she saw aside from the scientsts were some other that were being experimented on. However they were all kept seperate so she never really got to speak with any of them.
Finally after a year and a half she had enough and planned to escape. She waited for when she was put onto the operating table. She knew that this lab area she was in was the closest one to the exit. So right before they straped her onto the table she screamed, both with her voice and with her mind. While all the scientists were clutching their ears, she ran. And she suceeded. She went back to her brother, who welcomed her with open arms. It has been about five months since then, and she's never been the same since.

Bravado
11-14-2009, 12:25 AM
So now, how exactly will the scientists come into play? I trust that there will be some sort of conflict involving everyone, but I was just curious. Is the role of the Outcry to return and liberate the other lab rats, or...?

pooky
11-14-2009, 04:33 PM
The Outcry have two mian goals: One: Spread the word about the terrors of the Farcry (which is rather difficult because people believe that it's been destroyed and they don't really want to believe that it came back). two: Destroy the Farcry once and for all.

The scientists will come into play while the Outcry are trying to destroy the Farcry, the Farcry will be trying to destroy the Outcry. Mainly by hiring people to fight for them, and mutating people into superhuman warriors to fight for them.

Bravado
11-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Gotcha; this is going to be wonderful. I'm thrilled to begin.

pooky
11-14-2009, 07:53 PM
same here, gotta wait for more people to join though

Bia
11-14-2009, 08:24 PM
alright, question, Can I be a Farcry mutant still in the place that is forced to fight for them but escapes later?

pooky
11-14-2009, 11:26 PM
yep

Bia
11-17-2009, 02:43 AM
IS finished! yay!!
Name: Adelaide (addy)

Role: Farcry mutant soldier (for the time being)

Appearance:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2628/3901565937_592b9c9623.jpg

(If mutated human) Mutations: Can read the thoughts of anyone as long as they are thinking about her or something that is directed to her (i.e. if someone is thinking she looks cute she will be able to read that, but if someone is thinking about pizza she won't hear a thing) And has been trained as a master in the bow and arrow.

Personality: Is crazy and insane in the best way possible, Addy's fearless and loving and most people usually love her right away. She's not afraid to go right up to you and say what she wants and will not hesitate to re-stab a back stabber. Though she is not shallow, Addy is actually really sincere and caring but cannot handle people with no spine or who think they are better than everyone else

Bio: She was born to a mostly normal family, sure they had a few quirks but every family does right? She grew up happy, had a few serious boyfriends, worked as a tattoo artist at her last boyfriends shop and was starting her first year in college when she was kidnapped by the Farcry, she has lived with them ever since and was trained how to use the bow and arrow and use her powers, now she's being forced to fight for them though she doesn't know who against.

(optional) Other: Addy's always been independent and if someone offers her a way out she will take it without blinking. She still remembers what its like to be free and sometimes wishes for it, though she has gotten much better treatment since she was chosen as a soldier.

Anne Bonny
11-18-2009, 01:22 AM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/withfilter2-1.jpg (http://twitter.com/RPAdventures)

PS
It's killing me that I don't have time to join this one. Have fun guys!

Bravado
11-18-2009, 02:15 AM
Aww, I've always been curious about your writing. Hurrah!

pooky
11-18-2009, 02:21 AM
ok looks good so far Blue, hope you get more in soon

pooky
11-20-2009, 03:01 AM
nice Blue, I usually like a longer bio but this time it's ok :p It's also interesting that she's taught with bow and arrow considering that this is in modern times.

ok so I'll wait one more day for people to join. After that I'll start the ic

Bravado
11-20-2009, 03:58 AM
I'm excited;I can't quit sketching Dr. Wilkinson. Though I'm not superb, I think I'll scan him soon just to give a fair idea of what we're dealing with.

Bia
11-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Well pooky I consider guns to be overrated, and bows and arrows are uncomplicated, silent and don't go off accidentally. Plus it actually takes a lot of skill to be really good at it (lol I have strong feelings about this because I actually do archery as a sport XD)

And I made my bio a little longer, let me know if its good

lol random thought these are my 3 favoritist smileys ever though I ever hardly get to use them- :sarcasm: :legasp: :blah:

pooky
11-20-2009, 10:24 PM
nice Blue -fun-

oh the "ic" is up now http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1281

pooky
11-23-2009, 03:30 AM
i think i may need to make another person for this

Bravado
11-23-2009, 06:55 PM
My sister might be joining, but I'm not too sure. Another one would be good, and I'd make one, if I was any good at roleplaying multiples.

Ryudo
12-05-2009, 03:51 AM
Hey guys, is this Rp still alive?

pooky
12-05-2009, 06:03 PM
yes it is, just haven't posted for a while

Mysteria
12-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Don't forget that you can put your game in The Roleplay Directory (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51) if you haven't
already done so.

Also, if you are still in need of players don't forget that you can submit your rp to be show cased as Rp Of The Week! (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905)