PDA

View Full Version : Traitor (The Magnan Vs ) (open challenge)

The Magnan
02-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Username/Character: Magnafire - General Magnafire

Vs

Username/Character: open challenge

Battle Arena description: The Wasteland - a dry, dead, and empty plain. In returning to the Black Dragon Legion the bone dry endless plain seems the perfect chance for Magnafire to retrain, and learn what he lost.

As the plain is empty, the only enviromental effects available is the dry ground beneath your feet

Magic/Superhuman abilities allowed: Yes

Conditions for battle (eg- fight to the death, etc): Fight to the brink of death.

---

For The Magnan the tournment was over, beaten by Amleth the miner, it seemed the loss was because of Magnafire's compassionate nature, and lack of ability to inflict any real harm to the miner. The Magnan however, admired Amleth, his resolve and skill outmatched his own. Magnafire could learn something from this and as far as the Drax Fate is concerned, that bloodly pendant had marked him as the Traitor, he had to train. His Legion was preparing to march at dawn. He had a weeks walk ahead.

Magnafire also thought of his previous battle with Alron, and briefly wondered if he'd meet anyone of them again.

Magnafire stopped, the armour he wore baked him inside. As he removed his helmet he looked up at the sky, empty as usual. Dead like the Wasteland.

'Erif is who you are,'

Magnafire drew Blade Edge and briefly looked at his reflection not out of admiration, he wasn't self centred. No he looked at it with a growing resentment.

Just what had he forged. The Blade Edge was his Mortal Blade and Sanities Edge. What most importantly did that mean that the Blade was going to consume his soul, and unleash the Traitor. Erif Angam had actually served alongside his father, after he betrayed Mortslaem during the War of Intent. Magnafire brought everything into context, he was a reincarnated Erif Angam.

'Stop moaning you got me,'

Magnafire blinked and sheathed his sword. He looked forward to marching side by side with the Black Dragon Legion, and there was always next years tournment. Redemption. But until that day he'd had to train himself. He would have to sacrifice the one thing he cherished.

His emotions. They interfered and a general needs to be calm, withdrawn, and able to make choices which may threaten his own objections. What makes a leader is their willingness to sacrifice.
I once wore the title Magnan with pride, and to lead this legion is an honour in its own right. But am i truely worthy of it. Was I ready? can I trust Blade Edge? so many questions rest inside so many unanswered truths. Just who am I to become? The Traitor as predicted by Drax or Saviour.
Can fate be changed despite being marked?

Magnafire rested his hand in his head, "God damn it why do i think like this? I need to reclaim what I lost. I have to return and redo the trial of Intent. Reawaken my soul. Allow to be free of what it means to be mortal. Can I grant myself that much."