PDA

View Full Version : [OOC] The Adventures of Dr. Lazarus' Paranormal Science Adventure Team (Ep. 1)

sneakyonfoota
02-20-2011, 02:56 PM
• IC (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12160)

Doctor Ethan Lazarus!

World-renowned adventurer!

Super-scientist!

Paranormal investigator!

Single father.

When Doctor Ethan Lazarus is not out saving the world he is locked up in his secret underground laboratory, curing diseases, solving world hunger and otherwise staring into infinity, leaving his lone daughter to her own devices (and also to screen his telephone calls).

Welcome to the world of Dr. Lazarus' Paranormal Science Adventure Team (total membership: one).

Meet the other Dr. Lazarus: Xinling "Cyndi" Lazarus, Dr. Ethan Lazarus' precocious yet lazy pre-pubescent daughter. With the tranquility of her tea-sipping, cake-eating days shattered by the endless cacophony of summons for her illustrious father to investigate the unknown or save the world from mortal peril, Cyndi finds herself unwillingly taking up the Lazarus mantle so that she can get some peace and quiet.

Oh, but every super-scientist-cum-detective requires a sidekick; this much is certain.

A posting on the local community bulletin board outside the supermarket ought to do...

And this is where our story begins: an answered ad, a flimsy interview and then it's off to save the world, solve murders and unravel dastardly conspiracies...

It's the Adventures of Dr. Lazarus' Paranormal Science Adventure Team!

In all seriousness, ladies and gentlemen, this RP was made as a sort of homage to all things cartoony. Ridiculous violence, slapstick and sophomoric comedy is expected throughout.

All that is missing is you.

Are you a plucky recruit who answered Cyndi's clarion call (ie. her bulletin board advert)?

Are you a supervillain with a silly theme?

Are you a member of a certain government agency trying to keep things on the downlow?

Whoever you choose to be, dear viewer, I promise that much of the damage will be collateral and that little is safe or sacred from the marauding Paranormal Science Adventure Team.

Given that we are dealing with super science, the Lazarus estate exists simultaneously in several locations on Earth all at once--be it the French countryside, a villa in Sardinia, atop a New York skyscraper, a Brisbane suburb or the moon. And what a wonderful plot device it will be.

The character sheet will be nothing too fancy. Just a gist or a sentence or two will be fine.

• Name:
• Appearance:
• Brief History:

sneakyonfoota
02-20-2011, 02:57 PM
• Name: Cyndi Lazarus (Liu Xinling Lazarus)
• Personality: Lazy, yet brilliant. Sometimes lacks common sense and prefers cunning (yet overwrought) solutions to problems. Has a bad habit of underestimating adversity.
• Appearance: a petite young girl whose hair is styled into impossible ringlets and favours elaborate, antique clothing with a slight "gas lamp" bent. Mostly takes after her mother.
• Brief History: A recent MIT graduate despite only being eleven. She thought that once she completed her studies that she could kick back and do nothing with herself until she was 18--how wrong she was. She is fluent in several languages and has a peculiar trans-Atlantic accent. She had a pony once, but it "flew away".

Kris
02-20-2011, 06:55 PM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Kiall
02-21-2011, 07:00 AM
• Name: Justin Hephmire
• Personality: confused would be the best way to describe Justin he's either completely oblivious of a situation or aware of but confused on what exactly he's supposed to do, he's manic at times and catonic at others and shifts wildly between the two depending on how much or little something interests him.
• Appearance: he's short for someone his age, he has light brown hair he keeps shaved, and brown eyes, he's recently started wearing sunglasses and a collared shirt with a sleeveless vest sort of his interpretation of a super hero costume
• Brief History:Justin was an average highschool kid when, during Biology class the pig he was assigned to dissect turned out to be radioactive, thanks to his half hearted attempt to wash his hands some of it got into his mouth sparking an amazing transformation, his sense of smell became heightened! he could now smell crime! he also gained the equivalent strength of a pig, he couldn't lift a car or anything but if he punched someone it would hurt really bad, like definitaly going to be some bruising, he also grew a pair of tiny invisible neck arms but he didn't discover those until later. With these new powers and the knowledge that chicks dig super heroes he decided to fight crime, he became known as 'The Scent Sense' scourge of evildoers. Unfortunatly an ability to smell crime and a moderate increase in strength does not protect against bullets, things went south fast. Defeated and shamed he was about to move back to his parents when he discovered an ad in the bulletin board from a Dr. Lazarous, feeling that this must be his calling, he set off with a new goal and happy in the knowledge that he wouldn't have to admit to anyone that the whole crime fighting idea was stupid and would get him killed!
_________

this is still going on right? ooh hope so!
anyhoo there's my character hope everything checks out

sneakyonfoota
02-21-2011, 06:57 PM
I think I can begin almost immediately with that.

Kiall
02-21-2011, 07:19 PM
sweet! go Team Lazarus! (I assume we'll be calling ourselves Team Lazarus, or maybe The L-Gang?)

sneakyonfoota
02-21-2011, 10:22 PM
We'll see how it goes. I'm playing Cyndi to be extremely detached from things and as a deliberate downer. I will probably be throwing in more characters as necessary, but hopefully we won't be alone in this RP.

IC link in the first post.

Jacogos
02-27-2011, 04:11 AM
I may be interested... I'm sleepy and not reading right, so I'll look at this again tomorrow!

sneakyonfoota
02-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Your business is appreciated.

Jacogos
02-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Hmmmm bumbling villain or another on the team would be preferred?

sneakyonfoota
02-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Listen to your <3.

Jacogos
02-28-2011, 03:32 AM
Bumbling villain it is!

• Name: Johan Von Krugle
• Personality: Von Krugle is a bit... eccentric. He's a genius, but his intelligence is vastly overpowered by his desire to prove himself to his parents. Now, most would think that someone of his mental caliber would think to patent his inventions and make millions. Not Krugle. He has devised a cunning scheme... or well, multiple schemes, over the years. He aims to take over a large corporation and create robots that will take over the world, most of the time going through very elaborate plans to do so, yet they always end up failing, miraculously. Have you ever seen the show Phineas and Ferb? Think Doofinsmirtz. He even has the catchy jingle!
Rain, sleet, or snow! Von Krugle will assimilate! :D
• Appearance: Johan Von Krugle (http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/228/1/0/Commission____Mad_Scientist_by_EmptyShadow.jpg)
• Brief History: As a kid, Von Krugle was treasured as an only son. However, when he was in his teen years, his parents adopted a new son, who replaced Johan in every way, to the point where his parents actually FORGOT about him, seeing Johan's adoptive brother Hank as their only son. Of course, this was all the drive Johan would need to take over the world to prove himself to his parents. He began scheming in his evil way, staying in school and graduating college with a Doctorate in engineering (he never refers to himself as Doctor, though, he thinks its too cheesy). He began his slow build up of funding from the Bank of Evil, performing small evil deeds to build up credit, until he had enough backing to launch a full scale scheme to take over a large manufacturing plant that would be able to build the robots he needed to create an army. His plot failed when some crazy upstart named Bacon Lad greased up the launchpad of his hover-car, sending the unfortunate scientist into the water and to the hospital.
Lately, he has gotten into a more single-invention scheme where he creates something that will catapult him into his seat of power, only to be thwarted but some upstart brat in a jumpsuit. Needless to say, this is VERY infuriating, especially after the first encounter with Bacon Lad.
To this day, he never eats bacon.

sneakyonfoota
02-28-2011, 04:01 AM
Wunderbar.

Standing by character sheet (aka "the formality").

EDIT: Is it ironic that I posted this reply at the exact moment you edited your post?

Maybe. At any rate, clearance has been given. Muck things up as your character would be wont to do.

Jacogos
03-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Its possible xD I'll get onto that

Also, as I'm reading all of this...
Kiall, you're a freakin comedic genius xD

Jacogos
03-08-2011, 09:58 PM
*bump*

Kiall
03-08-2011, 10:38 PM
the secret is in.....the timing!

Jacogos
03-10-2011, 09:34 PM
uh huh. 'twat they all say xD

Jacogos
03-26-2011, 02:09 AM
*bump*

sneakyonfoota
03-26-2011, 02:18 AM
S'you're turn if I recall correctly.

Well, either of you, I suppose.

Jacogos
03-26-2011, 08:56 PM
We haven't heard from Kiall in a few posts, soooo...

Bubastis
04-04-2011, 05:06 AM
Is this still accepting? It looks kinda awesome...

sneakyonfoota
04-04-2011, 05:26 PM
I would like to give you an easy "yes", but it seems like we've hit a story snag at the moment.

I mean if Jacogos doesn't mind us maybe moving on to a new "episode", then we may do that. Otherwise my suggestion is if you still feel like joining in, make a character that you would like to play either in the current story or a new one if we should start a new adventure.

Kiall
04-04-2011, 06:41 PM
hey sorry about not posting, I like the idea of starting a new episode cause frankly i'm kinda out of ideas on how to proceed. I do have a good idea for a cliffhanger though

Jacogos
04-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah, we probably should move on... I COULD try and bump us along, but without Kiall, I don't think we'll get far (yes I realize you're here now, kiall, but this is assuming you have no post fodder)

Kiall
04-04-2011, 09:44 PM
I find your lack of faith....disturbing. so how's that for an episode ending eh?

Jacogos
04-04-2011, 10:02 PM
xD Kiall kills me sometimes lol. We shall see what sneaky has in mind

sneakyonfoota
04-04-2011, 10:19 PM
That'll do, Kiall. That'll do. I will notify the appropriate moderator to have Episode 1 stashed away for future generations.

I kind of want to keep up the helter-skelter nature of plot, so with regards to an Episode 2, I'm up for anyone throwing any old idea our way. If no one has a strong suggestion of where we want to take the next adventure, I could just pull a fast one on us and see where it goes as normal.

Kiall
04-04-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm in the mood for a time travelling adventure, maybe the past? maybe the future? or maybe a mix of both?

or we could face off with alternate evil versions of ourselves... that have goatees

Bubastis
04-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Hmmmm... No idea if this character will actually work, but it seemed like a fairly entertaining idea.

• Name: Timothy (Tim) Lac
• Personality: Loves adventure and the appeal of the unknown, or at least he did.... There's still a spark of that deep inside, but it's buried under twitchy neurosis, an immediate distrust of anything that seems like it might explode, science in general, and Cyndi. Especially Cyndi.
• Appearance: Tim has a fairly standard frame, 6 foot tall, not skinny enough to stand out, but not overweight. The most notable things about him are his injuries. A set of claw marks adorns his left cheek, and his right eye appears to be permanently black. Other small burns, nicks, scars, breaks, minor outgrowths, skin grafts, sutures and animal bites can be seen all over his body, in varying states of permanence. Generally unseen is a large set of purple lipstick marks on his chest, indelible to any methods thus tried. Tim is also sporting an attractive goatee, though he has not idea how he got it...
• Brief History: In a world foreign to our own, Cyndi decided not to post on the local bulletin board, but instead turned to the internet and instead of hiring Justin as an assistant, she hired Tim instead. Two years later, after many, many, harrowing situations, mad science experiments, villains and much general insanity, Tim was a changed man. How exactly he got to this universe, even he doesn't know...

Basically, a slightly broken alternate universe assistant. And yeah, nothing that he knows about this Cyndi will be accurate. At all. So don't worry about that.

Jacogos
04-04-2011, 11:07 PM
I like the goatee idea. My guy would look good with a goatee xD

sneakyonfoota
04-04-2011, 11:10 PM
*blink*

This "evil doppelgangers" schtick and Bubastis' character seem to synch up.

Are we all on board with this?