PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill - Splinter

Pyro
11-15-2009, 02:38 AM
Because Ryudo asked me nicely: If you didn't already know Silent Hill was a MATURE GAME for MATURE ROLEPLAYERS then you have no reason to be here. Silent Hill goes over many disturbing topics including murder, sexual reference, cult activity, and more. So if you can't handle that with MATURITY you can leave now.
DON'T READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU HAVE PLAYED/KNOW THE STORY OF 1-3!!!!

Silent Hill is home to many ancient gods. But their power was useless after Europeans began settling there. Not thirty years ago the Old Gods' power was reawakened by the psychic tantrum caused by Alessa Gillespie. They knew of this yet remained dormant for many years until the young James Sunderland made an impression on them by having visited their home and not much later killing his wife. They began their "haunted house" then, tormenting and crushing individuals with too much fear, too much guilt, or too much pain. But they only chose to lure the ones who had either been to Silent Hill or had some kind of connection with it. They don't want to waste their time with others. Because through all their torturing methods they aim to help their victims. James was helped to remember his sins and forgive himself and was a success. But even gods are imperfect. Angela Orosco, unable to face her demons, took her own life in despair. Eddie Dombrowski, unable to realize the harm in his actions, succumbed to madness, forcing James to put him down like a dog.
The Old Gods haven't encountered many since these three and are growing bored. Following the visit of two strangers a tragedy occurs and sparks an enormous interest for the gods. Will you be able to survive the deadliest shock therapy the world has to offer?

Okay, I am basing this off of several months of studying Silent Hill (2 in particular). So far, James is the only human I know of who knows the Old Gods are responsible for Fog World and the different renditions of monsters and Otherworlds (yes, there's more than one). I intend on making this very psychological and dark, like Silent Hill was meant to be (UP YOURS, ACTION-ENHANCED HOMECOMING) so I'm looking for ONE literate RP partner. I will look over your character sheets and pick who I like best. I am sorry if you don't get picked. Maybe we can RP another story in my other 1x1 thread. ^_^

CHARACTER SHEET:

USERNAME:
NAME:
PERSONALITY:
BIO: (concise, please)
APPEARANCE: (either describe it in detail or use a picture)
MAKE A MONSTER: (create a monster reflecting your character's fears/flaws)

MINE:

USERNAME: Pyro-sensei
NAME: Charlotte “Charlie” Bell
PERSONALITY: Mostly serious but knows how to have fun once in awhile. She only smiles when she feels it’s necessary and always looks at everything like a puzzle.
BIO: Charlie grew up in a normal family in Maine and had a normal life until high school. She frequented Silent Hill in the summer with her family. On the day of the Mischief Night of Charlie’s sophomore year some local troublemakers set fire to the school, killing five of Charlie’s classmates and several teachers, including her best friend Stephanie. She was then moved into a private school ten miles away. She lived out the rest of her high school years in a near catatonic state, speaking only in crass sarcasm and bitter remarks. After college Charlie has been trying to return to a semi-normal life until she finds herself back in the town she only remembered as “the sunny place”. It isn’t sunny anymore.
APPEARANCE: http://media.photobucket.com/image/short%20blonde%20hair%20girl/Kayte_kat182/Anime/Human/girls/KSgirl19.jpg?o=286 (obviously changed my mind from the link XD. went for the more 'comic book' appearance)
MAKE A MONSTER: Shrivelers – Resembling warped humans suffering third-degree burns all over their bodies. In place of arms they have rigid 2x4 like appendages that are sharpened to a point at the end. Their lack of speed walking is made up for in their attack speed similar to Bubblehead Nurses.

Hope to RP with you soon!

Tytun
11-17-2009, 06:10 AM
USERNAME: Tytun
NAME: Chris Kent
PERSONALITY: A sarcastic person, Chris almost always has to make some stupid or random comment about something. Deep down in him, however, he has an overly protected sense, and will go WELL out of his way to help someone in need.
BIO: Chris grew up in what could easily resemble the ordinary life. He went to an ordinary school and got an ordinary education, had an ordinary girlfriend for a while, got an ordinary job, and had an ordinary family. Sometimes, he and his family would travel to different places, one of them being the town known as Silent Hill. During the age of 19, his family traveled to a bustling city far off in the east. His sister, age 17 at the time, took him to a cliffside where they could view the ocean, when a stranger came out of nowhere and grabbed his sister. Full of fear and his protective self, Chris attempted to fight off the man. In the end, Chris pushed the man, and inadvertently his sister, off the cliff, and watched in horror as they crashed into the hidden jagged rocks below. The incident was labeled under Chris' self defense by the authorities, stated as, 'a loss of life he couldn't prevent'. To this day, though, Chris can still see the image of his sister's face as she fell... At the age of 24, Chris left home in an attempt to try and recover from the scene. Unknowingly, however, he would stumble into the palm of gods...
APPEARANCE: http://newsinfo.iu.edu/pub/libs/images/usr/4555.jpg (Using photo found from Yahoo.)
MAKE A MONSTER: Rockcry - Resembles a large, twisted bear-like form. The front side of the monster holds a disfigured face twisted with malice and is covered with a thick hardened skin, making it almost impossible to hurt from the front. Its attacks are slow, but near deadly when they connect. If it grabs a person, his/her only hope is that the creature is killed before it crushes him/her in his embrace. The creature's weakness resembles a small fleshly bulb on its lower back spine. The bulb is in the shape of a youthful face, full of life and fear. Destroying the bulb unleashes a high-pitched scream as the monster crumbles to the ground.

Pyro
12-10-2009, 11:43 PM
IC will begin....

Security of Mem
12-11-2009, 12:36 AM
Darn you. This would have been awesome to play

Pyro
12-11-2009, 01:43 AM
Sorry. I didn't want them to recycle my thread. I can start a new thread if you want to do an SH one. ^_^

Security of Mem
12-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Oh yes, yes yes please.

I love Silent Hill.

Currently playing Homecoming.

Pyramid Head for the win.

I just love Horror RPs.

Pyro
12-11-2009, 01:59 AM
Ah well, I do not like Homecoming at all. So anything we RP would have to be within range of 1-3. I liked The Room but it wasn't Silent Hilly enough.

Pyro
12-11-2009, 02:01 AM
http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1562 is the IC for this.

Security of Mem
12-11-2009, 02:01 AM
Ah well, I do not like Homecoming at all. So anything we RP would have to be within range of 1-3. I liked The Room but it wasn't Silent Hilly enough.

Yeah Homecoming was sorta disappointing then the others. Personally we could do a....maybe you'd allow one of my ideas.

Pyro
12-11-2009, 02:14 AM
Shoot. I love OC/OS Silent Hill stuff.

Security of Mem
12-11-2009, 02:22 AM
Silent Hill: Karma

You stare into the mirror hours and hours. Trying to figure out what is wrong. Why lies seem to loom over you in a shadow. A form of yourself decaying in the mirror. You break all of what was reflected of you. But you're continually haunted by the sins that you have caused. You fear the truth will always be outweighed by the lies and misunderstandings of the world. It doesn't hit, not yet, not at this moment. But it will hit you. And when it does you'll be seeking why it did. You come home one day after running away from the identity that your parents gave you. But home looks nothing like it was. Entrapped in fog and encased in haunted monsters and dreams. You find yourself wondering the street and then for some reason beyond what you can explain. You find yourself wondering into a town you never knew. This town is just as broken as the one you live. But maybe more destroyed as it was built on despair, dejection, and forlorn hope. Dreams weaved in and out through nightmares. Nightmares you produce. The nightmares you think of. And just when you think it's safe you assumed wrong. It's as if this Silent Hill, this Silent Hill prays on those built from fear. And when you think this could only happen to just you. You find yourself in the street almost ran over by someone running from the ghostly hands of this Silent Hill itself.
You must, we must stop it. But how do you not become consumed by what you see? And how do you uncover the truth when you feel deeply in your heart you'll die in this cursed Silent Hill?

---------------

I hope you like it. I came up with this one day playing Silent Hill Homecoming. lol

Pyro
12-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Interesting idea but to me it sounds a bit more like a solo one-shot than an RP.

Security of Mem
12-11-2009, 02:29 AM
Actually this was more, one character perspective. But I thought it was kind of a good way of introducing something.

The original idea is that someone had been cursed by Silent Hill. His emotions and his past had brought Silent Hill alive and fed it. He alone thought he was the only one. One day fleeing once again from the Silent Hill he finds himself on a street. Nearly ran over by another cursed by Silent Hill.
Together they plan to destroy and figure the secrets of their curse. And how they shall correct it.

Pyro
12-11-2009, 02:38 AM
Hmm...It sounds like a very interesting story but I don't see the curse. Sure, Silent Hill will mark the people who visit it, as a tracking device of sorts so when something tragic happens they can be called back. Or in the case of Alessa anything relating to her draws the town's attention. Perhaps....wait, I'm starting to get it. Perhaps this character escaped the town without conquering his demons and has been plagued by it day after day until finally returning to vanquish these phantoms that haunt him? Got into author mode, sorry.

Security of Mem
12-11-2009, 02:44 AM
Well curse really should be place in quotes. "Curse". It's a word we use to describe something we haven't resolved or haven't fixed.
Like I was born with Lupus and at times I call it a "curse" because it doesn't enable me to have a proper life sometimes. It's just a word to describe how we feel when we feel we have unfairly been victimized. If that makes sense.

And no, I like author mode.

Edit: And yeah the characters. Haven't resolved their demons and their nightmares. And seem to be making the same mistakes of their past over and over again.

Pyro
12-11-2009, 03:07 AM
Okay no, I understand now. It took me a minute (I'm a bit slow today since I got royally mindfucked by my stalker this afternoon).

Security of Mem
12-11-2009, 03:08 AM
It's okay mind stalkers do that all the time.

Pyro
12-11-2009, 04:08 AM
That's the thing. He's not a mind stalker. He just knew something I hadn't told anyone and the only place it was besides in my own head was on a hidden file in my computer. I was in a spaz attack/nervous giggle fit for about 15 minutes afterward.

Security of Mem
12-11-2009, 04:27 AM
lol.

Laughter kills brain cells.

Pyro
12-12-2009, 03:52 AM
I asked him about it today and he said it was a "lucky guess".

Security of Mem
12-12-2009, 04:09 AM
So, would you like to do Karma?

Pyro
12-12-2009, 04:14 AM
Sure, what the hell. Since it's your idea, I think you should start the OOC thread and all that. ^_^ Ne?

Security of Mem
12-12-2009, 04:31 AM
Okay, will do.

Yeah!!!

Pyro
12-31-2009, 12:08 AM
Sorry for absence, been holidaying.

Pyro
02-03-2010, 02:14 AM
XD Does like Big Brother!Chris. *flails*

Tytun
02-03-2010, 03:31 AM
Heh heh. >w>

Pyro
02-05-2010, 04:09 AM
Lol, she will tell him eventually, don't worry.

Tytun
02-05-2010, 04:14 AM
Heh, I'll fight against the suspense. XP

Agnores
02-09-2010, 04:28 AM
You guys make interesting RPs, Tytun showed me and it was the reason I joined this site...

:P

Pyro
02-09-2010, 04:44 AM
Thanks!

Pyro
02-13-2010, 02:31 AM
Heyyy, could you make a longer post for that last one, please? Maybe some inner monologue so Charlie has some crash time? ^_^;

Tytun
02-13-2010, 04:09 AM
I can try.

Tytun
02-13-2010, 06:22 AM
Okay, I made it bigger.

Pyro
02-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Cool. Couldn't post last night cause I had to get up early today.

Tytun
02-24-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm guessing the RP's dead?

Pyro
02-24-2010, 12:41 AM
No, I am. T_T Zero RP inspiration for the past few days as IRL workings have beset me with various tasks and illness. I will post soon, I promise.

Tytun
02-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Ah... In that case, take your time. *gives a comforting hug*

Pyro
03-25-2010, 02:49 AM
Grah, I'm doing it again. RL has been torturous. orz

Tytun
03-25-2010, 03:21 AM
It's alright, Pyro. Just take as much time as needed.

Pyro
04-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Oh noes! What happens with the door?

Tytun
04-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Lol. That's for you to tell and me to find out. XP

Pyro
04-07-2010, 12:11 AM
*facepalm* I was implying in my last post for Chris to grab her but I shall work something out.

Tytun
04-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Oh, heh heh... Sorry, didn't catch it. *sits in the shame corner*

Pyro
04-07-2010, 12:33 AM
It's okay. I'll improvise. A writer must be versatile.

Tytun
04-07-2010, 12:38 AM
:3

Pyro
05-04-2010, 12:31 AM
Duuude, I don't even know where I'm going anymore XP. Just sorta making stuff up as I go along.

Tytun
05-04-2010, 05:16 AM
Heh heh. It's alright, doing the same on my end.

Pyro
05-29-2010, 01:11 AM
Got back playing SH2. Still don't remember what my plot was for this though XD.

Tytun
05-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Heh, it's alright.

Pyro
06-21-2010, 03:30 AM
Sorry for absence. I was at AnimeNEXT from Friday to today and just got back a few hours ago.

Tytun
06-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Heh heh, it's quite alright.

Pyro
07-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Sorry to say but I have completely lost the plot for this story. I wish I could have written out a timeline when I knew what I was doing but now it's just gone. I'm gonna have to call it quits on this.

Tytun
07-10-2010, 12:20 AM
Aww... Alright then. It was fun while it lasted.

Pyro
07-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Twas. At least we still have the Saw one though I dunno what happened to Dual.