PDA

View Full Version : Roleplay Addicts Anonymous{OOC/Sign Up}

AriesChan
02-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Summary: There are some who would settle for one or two roleplays and they are completely happy, then there are others who won't be satisfied until they have at least eight roleplays under their belt, three in progress, and four getting ready to start! This roleplay is about the later of the two. The Roleplay ADDICTS! Yes addicts, they may try to deny it, may even try to cut back on roleplaying to hide it..but you can't ignore the facts. Will Roleplay Addicts Anonymous(RAA) help them and their problem? Or will they completely ignore everything they have learned and continue to let the addiction control them?

~~~~
So basically...WE ARE ALL ADDICTS!!!....possibly lol. This roleplay is about a group of people who want to kick their roleplay addiction to the curb and start a new life! The roleplay will be about how they interact during the meetings, in daily life, and their gradual change to a less roleplay-dependent life!

I'm going with this idea rather than the original actor thing..we will just see how it works out ^^. Umm the RP will take 60 days and i will decide when a day is over, so my post might start like this:

Day One: First Meeting

And then I will do my post lol.
~~~~~
CHARACTER SHEET:
~~~~~

Name:

Appearance:

Bio/Other:

What Started Your Addiction?:

How Long Have You Been Addicted?:

How Did You Learn About RAA?:

Name Three Things That Your Addiction Has or Has Almost Cost You? (like a job or lover or something):
~~~~
The last four are really optional buuutt...anyway, have fun with this!! You can use a pre-existing character, a new character, or perhaps a character based off of yourself!

Whimsical Wail
02-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Wowwww awesome idea!

Kris
02-26-2011, 10:16 PM
I gotta say, this is sound new XD

Why not try the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Whimsical Wail
02-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Is it going to take place in a halfway house? Are you going to play the den mother? ;P

AriesChan
02-26-2011, 10:26 PM
lol yea, its going to take place in some center and like around this community, because i dont want us to be in meetings all the time lol. and i will play an addict and the instructor ^^

Whimsical Wail
02-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Cool! I'll post a sheet soon. :)

AriesChan
02-26-2011, 10:32 PM
yay~

Sy23
03-13-2011, 03:32 PM
This sounds a pretty great idea - I'm in if you'll have me.

Name: Alister Greaves

Appearance: Alister is a slight, skinny individual without much muscular development, and tends to dress in very casual clothes. He has very pale skin, from never getting out. He has blue eyes, and blond hair, and could probably look OK if he took a bit more care.

History: Alister grew up as a normal kid, but had some bad experiences at school. His best friend committed suicide after being harassed by bullies. At about the same time, his parents divorced, and he now lives with his mother and sisters. The two things caused a breakdown, and although he recovered, it left him close to being an agoraphobic. He rarely goes out, but he is intelligent enough to realize he has to turn his life around, and forces himself to attend the program.

How his addiction started: Alister has always liked RP, but it was just another interest along with riding bike, reading, music, girls, etc - after the breakdown, RP helped in getting him back together and provided a substitute for normal social life - the addiction crept up on him and he is now addicted and knows it.

Alister has been addicted since he was at school say about 3 years. His addiction means (1) he has no job, since he is too busy playing to apply for work-from-home jobs, (2) that he left school with no qualifications (though he could have gone to college on line he has no time). (3) Although he has no specific disease, he knows he is very unfit, and (4) it has also cost him his self-respect, as he knows he is addicted and hates himself for it. He lives in a single room in his mother's house, and can't help noticing the difference between the confident, brave characters he plays and his real self.

Alister learned about RAA when was sent an email with the link by an on-line friend who recognized his problem. he is reluctant to go, but has forced himself.

AriesChan
03-13-2011, 03:36 PM
oh yay~ now i should make my people