PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Details

John
02-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Mainly for Storm to post story arcs for chapter one and so we can give input as well

StormWolf
02-28-2011, 09:48 PM
*cracks knuckles* time to work some magic, then.

Okay, so the first "issue" (keeping with the comic book lingo) is following the Gang Wars scenario. This is a wide-spread issue, and it is effecting Gotham and NY the most (Arkham City is a constant hellhole for this kind of stuff) so the military, the Heroes, and S.H.I.E.L.D. decides to crack down on crime. Each of them do it in their own little ways*

*- see plot outline

Now, just because Arkham City is not involved in this chapter does not mean that the Brotherhood is not part of the story. While the do-gooders are trying to either put the criminals behind bars or in the ground to lower crime rates once again, the Brotherhood is trying to beat the gang in to submission and have them under the Brotherhood's sphere of influence in the crime world.

Behind it all is none other than the Kingpin. Violence is good for business at a time like this. It weeds out the weak, people gladly pay protection fees, and people are taking advantage of the lacking law enforcement to capitalize on illegal transactions (human trafficking, drugs, weapons, etc). It is no secret that the Kingpin is untouchable by the law. He is too rich, too powerful, and has far too many friends in high places.

We can only do so much until the players have selected their characters, but the end of the issue will be determined depending on which of the four factions is in charge.

John
03-15-2011, 05:18 AM
Okay, I'm attempting to work the IC post. Now how many gangs will there be in total...basically do we want one on one battles or have some group battles? Do we have names for the gangs or does it matter or shall I be creative? I'm guessing that my first post as Doom will be him putting his plan into motion, and sending the villains out?

StormWolf
03-15-2011, 06:05 AM
Doom will have a hand in this, yes. Working in cahoots with KP or against the fat bastard. Now, I want a Joker Gang, Arkham meatheads that paint themselves in clown make-up and terrorize the city. The Arkham Carnies, maybe?

Other villains that would be leading the gangs would be:
Jigzaw - The Butes (as in beautiful? did i spell that right?)
Black Mask - The Reapers
Pyro - The 5th Street Arsonists
Sabertooth - The Manhattan Beasts
Two-Face - The Harvey Dent Crime Syndicate
Rhino - The East Side Wild Runners
Jackie Estacado - The Estacado Mob
Zhaz - That Arkham Slashers

John
03-15-2011, 06:12 AM
Just out of curiosity, who is controlling all these other villains?

StormWolf
03-15-2011, 05:37 PM
that will be the responsibility of us GM's. Not all of these villains will be caught, or even seen, but we want to ease the players (and ourselves) in to the PvP of POWERS

Anne Bonny
03-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Mhm. It's good for the story to at least have names behind the gangs, even if they're never shown in person. I like it, Storm.

StormWolf
03-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Also, these minor characters (excluding Jackie) are ones no one will miss should Punisher or some other hero get their hands on one of them.

Remember, this issue is meant to help people get used to the reins of their characters. The gangs are there so people can feel badass (basically cannon fodder for the lolz) and the gang leaders are there so players can practice the PvP play. If players want to fight each other, that is fine too, but this is a big chapter for RPA, and we want to start with baby steps. Think of this as a Beta test.

StormWolf
03-15-2011, 06:09 PM
double post:

I also think there should be a little bonus for the team that apprehends Nitro, the man that caused the Stanford Disaster and is responsible for the deaths of over 800 people, many of which were kids.