PDA

View Full Version : Unit 9: Days of Reckoning [OOC]

\/Ģin
03-06-2011, 05:40 PM
The war on terrorism was only the beginning. After the US successful operations in Iraq, they moved on into Iran where tensions were rekindled by terrorist leaders infiltrating the politics. Iran was accused of planning a nuclear strike on the US East Coast. The operations in Iran lasted about three years and soon even Iran had succumbed to the US and finally terrorist operations were cut to a bare minimum.

These days were times you would expect to celebrate peaceful times at last. However, all the work in the Middle East and undisclosed espionage missions into North Korea had broke the country and soon after, the 2nd Great Depression took the nation by storm. The worst depression ever heard of in US history, it placed the United States dangerously on the boarder of being a third world country and the Chinese still demanding payment of the US debts.

To avoid a war with China, the government started lending troops to foreign lands in exchange for large sums of money. Suppressing dictators in Africa, security duty for prime ministers in Europe, quelling communist uprisings in Russia, and many other operations were carried out by the US troops.

The plan was a success and soon the economy re-stabilized and the US pulled out of their depression. With most of the nations industries now migrated over seas, money would still be an issue for the future hence the US made it's highest priority to maintain operations in foreign countries for monetary gain. This was when the "Foreign Contracting and Security Organizations (FCSO)" was created in 2019.

Through the FCSO, units and sometimes entire armies were deployed into instable nations where they would help and often be the front of whatever militant operations the leaders wished to be carried out.

One unit of note was Unit 9, now a legend among all other units, it was known for it's handful of operatives equipped with the most advanced technology available. These operatives were known to carry out missions otherwise impossible and suicidal without a full force. Ever since the first ops of Unit 9, men and women have been recruited to replace those who have either retired or been killed. Only the best of the best ever make it into this unit.

The year is now 2051, units of Unit 9 are now given a highly advanced enhancement to their genetics. Increased mobility, carrying weight, etc.

Super soldiers on the battlefield. Unit 9's generation 3 have become the most notable and successful generation of Unit 9 yet. Their prestige in foreign relations has even earned them the title "Ravens of Hell". When deployed it isn't surprising to find their enemies willingly surrendering.

However, their hardest operation is yet to come.

This is the story of the Elite, the courageous, and the deadly.

This is the story of Unit 9...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Follow all RPA rules. No godmod, powerplay, or backseat gaming.
Please be literate. 2-3 paragraph minimum.
Please don't try running off from the group. We should try sticking together at all times.
If your character dies, you may not replace them right away. Only after the operation you may create a new sheet for your character.
However, if your character dies you may help me control the NPC enemies.

PLEASE FILL OUT THIS SHEET

Character Name:

Weapon Specialties:

Weapons on Hand:

Genetic Enhancements:

Appearance:

Biography:

Kris
03-06-2011, 08:10 PM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Shadowstar
03-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Character Name: Katrina Darnal

Weapon Specialties: Small Arms

Weapons on Hand: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Tollaris/c303fe7b.jpg

Genetic Enhancements: 15% Feline Gene Splice. Enhanced Agility and speed. Natural night vision.

Appearance:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Tollaris/0da513d7.png

Biography: Kat was a small time thief who made a living by stealing high end tech and selling it to contacts on the black market. That was until her luck turned sour while trying to lift some tech from a military transport vehicle. Much to her dismay, it was under much heavier guard than her informant had told her, and her capture was less than graceful. Two options were given to her, a lengthy prison sentence with possible execution for "treasonous activities" or pay off her debt by "serving her country". Death was not an option that she liked, so she begrudgingly accepting the terms of service.

Overall the deal wasn't too bad. The genetic enhancements were painful as hell to endure, but once done the benefits were much to her liking. It had been made quite clear to her that while she was an expensive investment, she was ultimately replaceable, so listening to orders and doing as she was told were in her best interest. After six months of training on the use of her abilities and the use of the more advanced weapons Unit 9 had access to she was given rank and place on the unit.

\/Ģin
03-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Shadow, Mr. bad ass renderer for EC...you are definitely accepted :D.

Shadowstar
03-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Come on... where's the interest for this one? Don't make me start knee capping people to have them sign up.

Heavensguard92
03-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Character Name: Kura Unara

Weapon Specialties: CQC (Close Quarters Combat)

Weapons on Hand:
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=laser+katana#/d38czwm
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Hand+cannon#/d2hte1k
Genetic Enhancements: 10% Chameleon Gene Splice: Skin Tone Change
5% Various Reptile Gene Splice : Unnoticed within Infared visions

Appearance:
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Stealth+suit#/d1hieg6
Just with out the underarm guns

Biography:
Kura has been view mainly useless most of his life. He was unnoticed in middle school, unseen in highschool, and was unknown in college. He was the living breathing proof that one person can be non-existent within the human society. This statement turned false when an annonymous benefactor offered Kura a career in journalism. Faced with total non-existance or a job with this unknown factor, he chose the more problematic of the two. Due to Kura's inate ability to avoid attention, he uncovers more than anyother informant or hot-headed journalist. However, because of his success, the organization he worked for grew in power exponentially. The Goliath International News organization is nothing, but a face for large informations broker.
Unable to face the facts that he was the main reason GIN is the most untouchable corporate in the world; Kura sets off to disappear. GIN would not have their greatest asset out of their reach, but knew that his services would never be the same. As Kura makes to leave his home, he is approached by military recruiter with another crossroads choice. Run for as long as he can or use his skills and get protection. Once again, he chose the more problematic of the two. Training to become Unit 9's scout has been hell and the genetic treatments were just salt to the wounds. Hopefully he said, I made the right choice as he began his weapons training.

(Yea, not great for a character. srry im new)

Ambassador Fish
03-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Character Name: Tamissa Utam

Weapon Specialties: Fists and Long swords.

Weapons on Hand: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs44/f/2009/117/2/c/The_Sword_by_laxsiber.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/images/b/b6/Fist_Weapons.jpg

Genetic Enhancements: 15% bear gene splice, increased strength.

Appearance: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/190/6/f/Light_Power_Armor_by_Shimmering_Sword.jpg

Biography: Tamissa was the bully of the rest of the girls she lived near in her childhood. She shoved them around and kicked them on the ground. This made her feel superior to others. She was thrown out of her house when she was 13 and she had to live on the streets, stealing from any place she could find food.

She was never the very fast one she was always the strong one, she made a group of friends, or what she thought was friends. They all stayed together behind a hotel. When Tamissa got into a fight with a younger boy and put in him the hospital for a few weeks she got sent to a juvenile detention hall. Her so called friends didn't stick up for her or try to get her out. The boy died at the end of the few weeks and she was tried for murder. She got life in juvi, lasting until she was 21.

When she got out they told her she could serve her country for the better and help with some operations they needed to be held. Then somebody told her they could modify her and make her stronger, she liked this idea. So she let them enhance her. Then she went away to Unit 9.

\/Ģin
03-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Oh crap. I thought this one was a dud and no one was interested. If you guys are still up for it, we can get it going ASAP.

Ambassador Fish
03-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Of course I am still interested. :L

Heavensguard92
03-31-2011, 11:00 AM
Likewise

Ambassador Fish
03-31-2011, 12:59 PM
@Heaven: I am completely adding you on Xbox Live. Just so you know.

Heavensguard92
04-01-2011, 01:53 AM
@Ambassador Thats always nice to know.

Delicross
04-01-2011, 04:46 AM
Character Name: Neveya (Neve)Torq

Weapon Specialties: Close Quarters Combat, sniping, heavy weapons

Weapons on Hand:
CQC euipment- Padded gloves, shin guards. Is best at this part of her training due to natural agression that was stimulated through gentic enhancements.
Sniping- Sniper rifle, infared/standard scope- Is more like a back up skill, she can do it and get your job done right but she's not the best or the most patient with this.
Heavy weapons- Gernades, hidden explosives, explosive making materials, high powered machine gun. Is her second best skill. She can blow up darn near anything provided you've got the things she needs.

Genetic Enhancements: Enhanced sight, was given the abilty to see in near pitch black circumstances and the ability to see farther. However, her ability to see a larger varriety of colors is still the same as a normal human being. Faster reflexes, the fight or flight ability was stimulated with agressive gentics so she's more prone to fight and fight to the death rather then run and will usually be the first to attack in various situations.

Appearance: http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/262/35264-1188755701_deunan_k__edited_super.jpg

Biography: Neveya was raised in a house full of fighters, belt holders and natural agression. Her family did things big and they did them good. From a young age Neveya was taught various forms of combat from her older siblings, her parents, her aunts and uncles and even her cousins. There wasn't any "stop fighting with your brother/sister" in her house it was more like "You're gonna let him do that to you? Don't take it like a puss, get up and hit him back" and "TAKE IT OUTSIDE! DO NOT BREAK MY FURNITURE!" when things got rough between siblings and other family members.
Despite the constant fighting and rough housing that happened in her house Neveya was never agressive towards others who didn't know how to fight or didn't start a fight themselves first. As she grew older she followed in her family's heritage and started to take medals and belts in her weight divisions for various combats she knew.

By the time she hit high school she wanted to be in the military so she could use her abilities to better her country and she knew sitting behind a desk or doing much of anything that didn't consist of fighting just wasn't for her. She joined the military right out of High school. She blew through bootcamp with grace and was quickly put to good use in combat training. She specialized in Heavy Weaponry then sub specialized in sniping. She served a few tours in various areas policing areas where hand to hand combat was the best way to insure peace stayed in the affected area. She served in other fields that required her to gain experience in her other specialties as well. Before long, she was recruited into Unit 9 where she was given her gentic enhancements and put on activy duty as yet another replacement for those who had died or moved on from combat.
Neveya hopes to live up too and surpass the history of every past unit 9 soldier and be the best.

\/Ģin
04-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Alright guys, expect IC tomorrow...

Heavensguard92
04-02-2011, 03:39 AM
If we start tmw, saturday for me, i might not be able to do much. I'm only gonna be free past 8:30 pm. So if we start tmw, start without me.

\/Ģin
04-03-2011, 02:39 AM
Character Name: Khar Kingston

Weapon Specialties: Assault and Recon

Weapons on Hand: Barret M-107 strapped on a weight reducing rack attached to the back, AN-90 short burst assault rifle.

Genetic Enhancements: Carrying weight (adds a reduction to speed). Can jump up to 7 feet.

Appearance: http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a287/corey2845902/sniperdude.jpg

Biography: Khar is your average soldier with the "stay calm" attitude. He started his career in the US army and after an operation in Pakistan, was offered a position in the Unit 9. He now resides as captain of the team and tactician. Even so, he believes in a team effort to the T and will often consult his comrades before making a decision.

Ambassador Fish
04-04-2011, 04:23 PM
I completely didn't know this had started ...

Delicross
04-05-2011, 12:04 AM
Join us Fish! Jump in and add some question before we have to start packing!

Shadowstar
04-05-2011, 01:24 AM
ok... i see this started. Will have a post up by tomorrow hopefully.

Ambassador Fish
04-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Will do Deli
*purr*

\/Ģin
04-12-2011, 02:52 PM
The RP has two sides right now. First half of my post is the briefing room and pre-mission activities. The second part is the mission.

So if you want to keep asking the commander questions and/or whatever needs to be done before the mission, then keep replying there, then divide your post and post for the mission. Sort of like flashbacks, you can also do this to ask questions before you do something in the mission like...

Khar asks the commander "can I shoot petrove in the ass?"

Commander replies "No"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khar aims for Petroves ass but then remembers...the commander said no.

calamosis
04-14-2011, 04:02 AM
Ahh.... I doubt it, but is another character added possible? It's perfectly fine with me if not. This just seems interesting, and I'd like to try it out... (Though I have no clue how a character could fit at this point, I'm still persisting at it....)

\/Ģin
04-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Ahh.... I doubt it, but is another character added possible? It's perfectly fine with me if not. This just seems interesting, and I'd like to try it out... (Though I have no clue how a character could fit at this point, I'm still persisting at it....)

Yea sure. Just play it as if you've been at the briefing all along, then play that you're getting off the chopper.

calamosis
04-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Character Name: Kristoff Dean

Weapon Specialties: Hand-to-hand, close to mid-range weapons(guns, throwing knives...), general destruction (bombs, automatics, ect), and verbal/mental torture. Basically anything but sniping, as he doesn't have enough patience for it. He is the equivalent of a jack-of-all-trades.

Weapons on Hand: Luger p08, Mauser c-17; Ingram Mac10. Hand grenades; switchblade(s). Has several knives hidden across his body.

Genetic Enhancements: Eyes have been enhanced to around Neve's level, in the same fashion. His flexibility has been improved(his spine has been worked on, for this), and his reaction time has been improved, both by training and by enhancements.

Appearance: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=tezuka#/dyo3vi Eyes: blue-grey. He has this armor: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=light+sci-fi+armor#/d2wxrpx Either the first from the left OR the middle, depending on the situation.

Biography: "I only smile when the job gets done; and gets done right."

He is a pissy, moody, sullen guy who keeps to himself. He is not social, and he is not happy unless the enemy --dies-- is incapacitated. In contrast, he will almost go out of his way just to help out a comrade. He is very loyal, but he shows it in roundabout ways. (Saving your life is just one way.)

No one officially knows where he comes from or why he joined, and it's not information he is particularly willing to divulge to people. He has been a --spy--intelligence officer for years now.

He is proficient in torture methods, and he formerly used them often. He was sent to other countries to collect sensitive information, assassinate, and generally be a helpful nuisance. When he had been in enough close calls that his 'co-workers' began telling him he had enough lives to throw a cat for a loop; his superiors attempted to tell him he would be 'relocated'. He would be given a new name, and an entirely new home.

He didn't take well to it. The files of that time have been destroyed. No one is allowed to know what happened at that time. (Well, actually, he ended up almost shooting up the neighborhood and worse, but....)

So, when Unit 9 had an opening, his superiors jumped at the opportunity to keep him stable. (He is perfectly normal if he is sent out often; he gets antsy if he stays in one place for too long. He is most calm when he is out on a mission; he is generally fairly angry and grumpy if he odesn't get out....) Unit 9 fits him well, and though he doesn't get along with the others socially, he doesn't let that get in the way of a job.

Hope this is alright!

calamosis
04-21-2011, 04:24 AM
Am... I accepted...? Don't wanna tee anyone off......

Kris
04-21-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm sure \/Ģin will check up the thread soon enough :)

If not PM him :)

\/Ģin
04-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Sorry been distracted. The profile is accepted. You may post anytime.

calamosis
04-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Thank you! :D

\/Ģin
05-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Alright I posted.

Snotgirl
05-03-2011, 02:02 AM
THis seems pretty cool. U still accepting new characters?

Delicross
05-06-2011, 03:57 AM
Sorry about my absence. My schedule is REALLY hectic right now. I'm trying to get into college and it takes a LOT of paper work and writing to get things done! I don't know when I'll be able to post but if nessecary I can just kill off my character if you'd like or you guys can puppet her or something. I'm sorry about this. I really am.

\/Ģin
05-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Yeaaa...right now we're waiting on other people to post too...

calamosis
05-19-2011, 04:14 AM
....I have the weirdest feeling that this completely DIED, both OOC and IC. T.T I'm actually pretty sad now....