PDA

View Full Version : The Generation. [M] [open to everyone]

reignbeaux
11-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Rated M for possible excessive drug, alcohol, and language use/reference. Possible sexual situations, nothing heavy. And probably anything else offensive to up tight people.

It's 2020 and there are an unusually large amount of children that are being born with very slight and quaint random animal-like attributes. Such as a rather long tail bone, or clawish finger and toe nails, or darker and more hair than normal. The attributes seem to progress and grow slowly as the babies do. No one knows why but scientists wonder if we, humans, could be at the beginning of a very drastic evolutional change. Many scientists and doctors closely studied these evolutionarily advanced or dis-advanced children as they grew. And some, regrettably, though as expected, saw profit in this for themselves and promising parents a normal life for their children, started developing and testing new drugs to help calm the effects of these unfamiliarities in their child, thus revolutionizing the drug market. As more and more newborns sprouted whiskers, fish-like scale-y skin, and even born completely twisted, on all fours, so sprouted another promising drug to keep them human. Raised on medications to keep them quiet, keep them bald, keep them upright and treated like a sub-species, a separation began in the generation gap between the older humans and the confused youth. They began to slowly slip from the headlines, many disappearing completely. For some, faking their own deaths became a popular tactic for the lonely, now teenage youths, trying to lead normal lives undercover of who they really are. Now, a decade after the first cases of the human/animal babies first appeared, only a few are still standing in the lime light. As far as the world is concerned, "it was nature's mistake in humanity's past that made a quick recovery and it is not likely that we will see more incidents of such." For the ones that aren't in hiding, they live hard lives. Reticuled, sometimes being referred to as Mutts. Which is now becoming a commonly used name. Many of the Mutts have been deathly threatened by radicals who claim they are aliens/demons/monsters. The parents and family members have also been targeted as well. Which is the reason most of the Mutts choose to go under cover, to protect them. There is still an edginess that hangs in the air, but most of the chaos and uncertainty has mellowed since the beginning. The subject is hushed for the most part. What will happen next? It's all up to you.

Post here if you would like to join. :] (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1241)

If you have any questions post at the above link as well.

Thanks guys.
Renee
(psycho)

LatexRevolver
11-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Reignbeaux, I would like to point out that this is a section for private rp's which means oneXone's and that a group roleplay would not be suitable here. If you do wish to keep going with this, I would suggest getting a mod to transfer this to the Mature roleplay section so that it can be what it was originally intended for.

But, I am not a mod, and what I am saying is just a suggestion to make things easier. ^^

Either way, this sounds really interesting and I would be more than willing to join!

Shani
11-20-2009, 01:17 AM
I'd love to join too, but L.A has a good point. I'm not a mod either so I really can't help. If it's okay I would like to be a cat person.

reignbeaux
11-20-2009, 01:31 AM
Yes, I know guys. :] It's all been talked over and about.

If the RP is going to be just two of you, it can remain here and be labeled as M or R. If you have more than two players, you can ask a staff member to move it at any time to the most appropriate forum. :mysti:

I guess I'll go ahead and ask for the move since there's already two more people who would like to join.
Gimme a minute and I'll write the first post.

LatexRevolver
11-20-2009, 03:07 AM
Alright. Like I said, I wasn't sure and I was just stating what I knew to be the rules. ^^'
I'll get a sheet up soon.

reignbeaux
11-20-2009, 07:06 AM
They came down. One at a time. The first one first, the second following close behind. After all, that's how it should be. Soon it was impossible to tell place and order. Surely though, they fell in such a perfect sequence; symphony-like. And as the wind whispered the lyrics against the trees, a clap of thunder set off a unending applause.
Pitter patter pitter patter, each beautiful note striking the concrete at its precision time. More continued to pour from the storm clouds like an audience held in tears.
The encore continued, beating at the street in all gracefulness. The streetlights cowered to themselves, flickering off and on in uncertainty.

She sat inside, peering at the spectacle from the window. There was a warm mug of coffee in her left hand and in her right she held a pen that was poised directly over a half-finished crossword puzzle on an old piece of news paper.
The sign outside the glass read 'open' in blue florescent letters. The sign next to it simply stated, 'Carly's Cafe' in black ones. Her gaze adjusted beyond the two signs, across the road a young cornfield shivered as the winds' song flowed through each flimsy green straw.

She stirred her beverage and licked the spoon before setting it back down. "Hey, ya need a refill?" questioned the round, mostly bald, man from behind the counter. She smiled, raising her untouched coffee, "No sir, I'm fine. But I'll let you know." He shrugged and gave a nod before turning around and walking into the back.

Goose bumps peppered her legs and she pulled them up pressing them against her chest and the table and pulled her dress over her knees to her ankles.
Something dull hung about the place, maybe it was the garage sale deer head that hung over the door like a Halloween decoration. Or maybe it was the dusty smell of an old heater half-humming, half-grinding a tune that opposed the perfect melody of the pitters patters outside.

She was feeling not exactly calm, not exactly bored, but the kind of exactly the boredening calm that happens when you're sleepy but not tired and awake, but despondent.

She couldn't seem to concentrate on her mission. An eight-letter word for 'a holiday favorite'. Nothing came to mind. A lonesome E sat quietly, unaccusing in the middle of the row of boxes. This was a good E. Es are usually one of the more annoying letters, always screaming at you that they are the easiest to work with, and most helpful of all letters. But personally, she believed that D was a good companion in crossword puzzles. He's not showy like Q or Z, and he is definitely friendlier than W and R. There's just something to be said for D.

Dressing! She scratched the word into the blank squares. She held the paper up and lifted a smile. An odd mixture of satisfaction and an alarming thought that she could be the hugest lame ass of all time pushed it back down. A frown stuck to her mouth and she stared at the paper for a minute, lost again in thought.

ooc: how is that for an intro? Sorry I didn't get to talk about her much, that will come later, I wanted to set up the environment for everyone to clearly imagine. Alright, well, if you like it, let's get this thing going. :]

Tytun
11-20-2009, 07:29 AM
The rain fell at a constant rate outside, creating a more misting scenery for those within it. Because of this, it was almost impossible to notice the incoming figure until it had reached the well-lit street. The figure, once visible, seemed to have arrived out of nowhere, yet no one appeared to be concerned about it. Then again, it was fairly regular to find people wearing long, heavy water-proof equipment during the rainy season.

The figure entered 'Carly's Cafe', its coat and pants dripping like crazy. Looking about, the figure then made its way to a table which was past where the girl was sitting. At that point, even though its head was covered with a heavy duty hood, it was made known that the figure's face was covered with a mask; Apparently, it didn't like to get wet. Sitting down, the figure took another look around before it seemed to settle.

"Hey there. Care for a drink or something to eat?"

The figure looked up to notice that the bald man from the counter was talking to him. With a soft shake of its head, it spoke. The voice that came from its mask was definite male, though it was higher than the average vocal. "No thank you, sir. Just trying to get out of the rain for a bit."

The bald man shrugged as he went back to what he was doing previously, while the masked man sat comfortably, his wet clothing still on.

reignbeaux
11-21-2009, 11:48 PM
(actually, I've decided that she's not going to be a mutt. She's gonna be a human. that okay?)

The girl who sat in the opposing corner kept glancing over at the cloaked, mysterious visitor. An uneasiness sank in. Uneasiness should be the feeling one assumes, anyway, if a trench-coated stranger arrives alone on a rainy night.
Soon she found that by watching the reflections in the window she could keep an eye on the newcomer and also see the storm outside.

A tune started up from the back room. An old school rock 'n roll song played for half a second. Static. Some Mexican channel. Static. Rap, maybe. The old man changed the station so fast it was barely noticeable. Static. A commercial for a European secret to increase the size of your penis. Played for a few seconds, then static. In the end, the dirty lil bald man rested the knob on a local classical radio station. 87.3 FM, to be exact.

The girl held the mug to her lips and took a long sip, then kept it at her chin. She took a relaxing breath in. Although she didn't listen to much classical music, she enjoyed the calming, lyricless tones on a cold night like this. Exhale.
Her bangs hung, annoyingly in front of her face. So she exhaled a second time, with purpose. They fell again. She grabbed the spare ponytail off her wrist and bundled up her fawn-colored waves in a messy pile above her head. She always kept a spare around her left wrist. Always her left. It was how she learned to tell the two mischievous directions from the other. It's almost funny, she thought, how great seemingly minuscule things impact our lives. Of course, knowing your right from your left, isn't an amazing impact. But at the least, she was grateful for the old friend on her left wrist.

Peeking at the figure through the window again, she noticed the mask. Bored of the silence, she turned around to face him and addressed his appearance, "Boy, you're prepared." she said slightly smiling, a questioning tone in her voice.

Tytun
11-22-2009, 01:52 AM
(Sure, that's cool.)

The masked figure sat still, his hidden glance situated on the rain outside. If he wasn't so afraid of showing himself, he would have been running around in the rain with a simple pair of jeans on. The feeling of cold dripping down the body was enticing to him, though he knew he had to keep his form hidden.

His unseen ears perked and twitched when a sound echoed from the back room. He moved his gaze over to where the sound was coming from, realizing that it was a radio or some similar kind of music contraption. Once the station had been set, he closed his eyes to allow the music to take his mind off of matters.

"Boy, you're prepared."

Looking at the sound of a voice, he noticed that the girl he had passed by was staring directly at him. "Ah crap... Hurry, think of something to say! Don't make it seem suspicious!" he commanded subconsciously to himself. Quickly, he gave a soft chuckle and replied, "Heh... Well, good madam... I simply didn't want to get wet. If anything, you could say that I'm OVER prepared."

reignbeaux
11-29-2009, 12:51 AM
Her brow angled, and she laughed, "Haha, I'd guess so." Still smiling, she turned her back to him and took a couple gulps of her now cold coffee. She didn't like coffee much. But she didn't like talking much either. And after all, filling one's mouth completely and repetitively is a very effective way of easing an awkward situation.

A rumble of thunder lazily rolled in the distance, the rain was slowing to a steady fall. But by now the half dirt, half gravel off-roads were drowning in the cold water, completely covered. A flash flood warning rang off from the radio in the back room. The old man poked his head from the short hallway, "Damn rain. I'm supposed to be closing now. But I guessn' t'wuden be too Christian-like to up an kicks y'all out in the cold. All the fuckin' roads'a flooded, sayin' the ol' radio. Here to Jeffers'n."

Shit. It's not like she had anywhere to be at ten thirty on a Tuesday night, but she just didn't like the feeling of being trapped. "Thanks." She said, another smile on her face. She smiled a lot. "Lemme know if y'alls need nothin'. The Lords gonna keep pissin' on us all night. Hell, probably shoulda went to church with Carly Sunday." He shook his head as he walked back through the hall.

Tytun
12-01-2009, 01:23 AM
Behind his mask, the man gave a faint smile as the girl laughed and looked away. From a slight sigh, he was thankful upon the fact that he dodged the bullet that time around. At the sound of the flash flood warning, however, his heart and hidden ears sank. With his assumption confirmed by the owner, he realized that he was now in a pickle. Far from his sheltered home, and stuck in a situation where his form could be revealed. If he knew for a fact the girl and the owner could be trusted, he would have taken his garments off, but... he just didn't know. Instead, he calmly sat in the back area, watching the rain run down the submerged street.

LatexRevolver
12-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Emberline let out a scared squeal as she fell in the mud again, trying to make it to the entrance of the cafe. Her beautiful white hair was now brown from all the times she tried to run and fell. The hood on her jacket wasn't thick enough to keep her dry, and now she was cold, wet, and dirty. Just a few more feet and she could make it into the cafe. Her stomach grumbled, but all she wanted was the heat, the warmth, besides, it wasn't like she could afford any food. One last small sprint, after pushing herself up with tiny hands, and she made it to the door. One large intake of air, and she made her was in.

As quickly as she had entered, a large, grumbling complaint came from the far corner. Emberline looked up to see a hefty man glaring at her. His face was red, hands clenched into tight fists. At once, her ears laid back and completely blended into her hair. A small whimper escaped her throat. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!!!" He screamed, coming towards the trembling figure. "You are fucking filthy and I just cleaned the floors!" Her heart sputtered in her chest, tail as low as it could possibly be.

"I j-just...the rain was cold..." a small voice murmured.

"The rain was cold? Well maybe you shouldn't have been playing out in a storm to begin with! Now be a good little girl and run back to mommy!" With that, he grabbed her by the shirt and opened the door, tossing her back out on the street.

Tytun
12-03-2009, 03:57 AM
The figure continued to gaze out at the waterworks, when his ears suddenly twitched at the sound of the door opening. With his hidden eyes being the only thing that turned to look, he saw that a young girl covered in mud had stumbled into the place. What interested him more, though, was the fleeting glance of animal-like ears on the top of her head. This was shown for a single moment before the owner came from around the counter and forcefully kicked her out. At this, the figure sighed, realizing that the owner was just another person who despised the 'mutants'. Standing up with a slight yawn, he then walked past the woman with a slight nod in dismissal and continued.

Reaching the door, he looked at the owner and said, "Well, I'd love to stay all night, but I must be getting back. My... family will probably be worried." With that, he opened the door and moved down the sidewalk out of sight. Once he was away, he began to actively search for the little girl, hoping to find her.

LatexRevolver
12-06-2009, 09:55 PM
The little girl had only wandered a few yards from the spot she had been thrown on before just giving up. There was no where to stay dry and she was already thoroughly soaked with mud anyway...so she curled up into a small ball and lay in the middle of the street. Shivers ran up and down her spine in a constant circuit and a weak little cough emitted itself from her throat. Her ears lay down as flat as possible and her tail unmoving. There was nothing she could or would do.

She could barely open her mouth to yawn, and her eyes were closing quickly but something caught her attention. There was a figure moving towards her, dark, unrecognizable, but still a figure. She wanted to say something to it, but the fever (Which she had no idea she was sick to begin with) was making her so tired. One blink...she managed to see the figure closer. Two blink..harder to open her eyes, the shadow was even closer...three blink...and lights out.

Tytun
12-07-2009, 12:19 AM
It didn't take him long to find the young girl who had shown up. Quickly getting to her side and on his knees, he checked over the girl. Checking her face, he saw the symptoms of a fever forming. With quick thinking, he immediately unzipped his jacket and removed it. Upon doing so, his upper torso was covered by a simple t-shirt, but the parts of his body now visible were shown to be covered with a gray green-tinted hair. Picking the girl up and wrapping her up in the warmth of his inner coat, he looked around before sprinting off down an alleyway...

Hours passed, and the furry male had managed to get the young girl to the hideout and had her sleeping in a bed. As she slept, he used a towel to get the water off of his fur. Once this was done, he removed the t-shirt, not usually finding use for it anyway, and took off his water garments one by one. By the time he had nearly most of the protective cover gone, he could be seen wearing a faded pair of jeans while his hands and feet were bare, closely resembling part paws. With that done, he unhooked the mask from his face and took it off slowly. His green eyes looked over to the girl as a slightly worried look appeared on his cat-like face. Gripping the edge of a seat and placing it by the bed, he sat down and watched over her, hoping she would awaken.

LatexRevolver
12-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Emberline's face gave a painful expression as her ears twitched in her sleep. In her mind she was burning...fire was being thrown at the poor being and her furry features were catching easily. The rain was no longer water but gasoline, oil, alcohol, any flammable liquid. She let out a small, painful howl then shot up, eyes wide.

At first she looked around. It seemed as though the muddied girl was no longer out in the rain but in a home type place. Her head cocked to the side and an ear tilted, a more than puzzled look appearing on the young girls face. How did she get here? Out of the corner of her eye, she caught the shadow of another being before she got the scent. Her ears fell backwards immediately.

Emberline turned her head to face the figure but before she could freak out the fur caught her eye. He was completely covered in fur, his hands were...different. An open mouth, revealing elongated canines, and astonished eyes were the only warning before her hand reached up to touch him, to feel the fur.

Tytun
12-09-2009, 01:36 AM
The figure looked upon the girl as she shot up, apparently awakening from a horrid dream. It was then that he really noticed how dirty she was, mostly because the silver-white hair she had was now a lightish brown. When she looked at him, he looked back silently and was met with her hand touching the fur by his right shoulder. Looking down at her hand for a moment, he looked back at her and gave a soft smile, slightly revealing his own cat-like fangs.
"Hey..." he said in a gentle tone. "Are you feeling alright?"

LatexRevolver
12-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Emberline was still amazed at the man before her. He looked...he looked like a cat! And he didn't seem like all those other people, he spoke softly, nicely. "I...um...I'm fine?" the answer was more of a question. Why would he wonder if she was okay? She didn't know him...he didn't know her...a sneeze came out and her different colored eyes closed and opened again.

Her hand lingered on the furry man, gently sliding down his arm. "Whats wrong with me..."

Tytun
12-09-2009, 10:31 PM
The male noticed how the young girl seemed to be confused, and she had reason to be so. Why would anyone treat her, or a mutant in general, with kindness? After all, they were considered an abomination! Instead, he gave a soft smirk as she sneezed softly.

Feeling her hand sliding down his arm, he then spoke, "You must have a cold. After all, you were in the rain without much protection. Here, rest for now. I'll get you a warm bath prepared. You look like you need it." Standing up, he took hold of her arm gently and laid it down the same way, before turning and exiting the room.

LatexRevolver
12-10-2009, 10:11 PM
A shiver ran up her spine as she took in his words. 'A warm bath? I don't think I've had one of those in a while...I mean, the stream is perfectly fine...' the muddy girl thought, watching him leave. He was so nice, not at all like the others that beat her. At the thought, she looked down to her shirt. Quickly the child rolled up the sleeve to reveal an almost healed wound that looked like it happened to be another language. Only she knew what it meant...She rolled her sleeve back down and tried to get up, not really able to feel her legs.

With a small plop, the girl was on the ground, standing. Now, how was she supposed to stop from tracking mud everywhere? The answer was simple. Emberline stripped her clothes off right there in the middle of the room, carefully so that the mess stayed in a very contained pile. A deep breath and she ventured off to find the furry man.

Tytun
12-11-2009, 12:30 AM
As the girl ventured out off the room she was in, a sight, splendid or troubling depending on her outlook, came into view. The place she stood in appeared to be an old time building that had lost its room and most of the second floor at some point. What made it even more amazing was that the sky above them was actually hardened dirt, meaning that they were underground. This... was one of the mutant's underground hideouts, but more importantly the male cat's home.

In the room not far from where the girl had been resting in, the male worked on the bath water. The bathtub itself wasn't luxurious in design, but somehow it managed to work just like any other. When the water was finished, he stood up straight with a slight smirk. Turning around, he opened the door, only to come face to face with the young girl. Blinking once, it took him a moment to realize she had stripped herself, and he quickly threw his hand up to cover his eyes. Respectable as he was, he wouldn't look at her to preserve her privacy. Tilting his free hand towards the tub, he then said, "There you go, miss. A nice, warm bath. Hope you enjoy it!"

LatexRevolver
12-22-2009, 09:54 PM
The sheepish wolf girl tilted her head to the side, blinking once at the males reaction. Was she really that hideous? So much so that he had to turn away and cover his eyes? Her fuzzy eyes tilted downward and she pouted invisibly. "T-thank you" she said in the most beautiful voice. The little girl ducked her head and stepped into the water filled tub and sat there, hugging her knees. The water was nothing like that of a stream or a pond. Typically the water she cleaned in was ice cold but this was so warm A content sigh escaped her lips and she leaned her head back, eyes closing in relaxation.

Tytun
12-22-2009, 10:16 PM
The figure waited until the young girl had submerged herself into the bath water before he reopened his eyes. Looking over to her for a moment, he grabbed the washcloth and soap by his side and then moved over to her. Bending down onto his knees so that he his face was at the level of the tub's surface. "Need help with cleaning up?" he asked calmly, showing the young girl the washcloth and soap. Letting the question sink in for a moment, he then said, "My name is Kent, young miss... What is yours?"

LatexRevolver
01-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Emberline looked at the soap and rag quizzically, not sure what it was. She had never used either of those when washing but met his eyes quickly. "E-Emberline" she murmured in response to his asking and then looked down. Did she need help cleaning? "Um...I don't really know what those are....so...yes?" she said as a question, ears twitching and clearly showing her confusion. Why was this stranger, Kent, being so kind to her?

Tytun
01-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Noting her confusion and slight hesitation upon his original question, Kent immediately assumed that Emberline had not received a human life to allow her the knowledge of a general bath. When she stated that she had no knowledge of soap or washcloth, his suspicion was confirmed. For this young girl to have to live in a world where she would be treated cruelly and without help was a sure sign that she would never see the 'light' of this world. This, in general, was the reason he thought of even saving her. To give her youth the chance to be cared for was all he could hope to keep her from believing that the world was simply a cruel place...

Giving a soft smirk, he calmly spoke, "Well, I'll clean some of you off, and then you can handle the rest," with a soft smile.

After he finished speaking, he dipped the washcloth into the water and began wiping her face and back with the damp cloth. Once she was damp enough, he wet the cloth again as he applied a layer of suds onto it. First, he began cleaning her face, starting with the areas around her neck and chin to show her how the process was done. Cleaning up her face and then her back, he let the cloth soak in the water for a moment before rewiping her face and back with it, cleaning away the suds and dirt from the parts and revealing the beauty from underneath. When he finished this, he handed the washcloth and soap over to her.

"How about you try, now?" he asked, the same smile still on his face.