PDA

View Full Version : [Cyberpunk] Beneath the Smog - OOC

Selothi
03-12-2011, 11:23 PM
*I prefer to put this in Sci-fi rather than General. There's nothing "general" about this RP, humph ! But if it needs to be moved, by all means, move it.

"She was already sat there when I pushed open the door. Alone, darkness clothing her left side, masking her face yet allowing a few stray strands of hair to fall into view, a dark hazel that barely reflected any light. The green tonic water in her glass had barely been touched. Either she hadn't been here long or she wasn't in the mood for a drink. I stepped into the bar quietly, remembering the words enclosed in the letter I'd been given as I performed the first step: I walked up to the counter, a little tentatively maybe, the smell of cigarette and slight perspiration replacing the diesel fumes and dust of the street. There wasn't any air-con I noted; inside was even hotter than out.

I was a little too uneasy, a little shaky. The barman walked up to me, typing something into a PDA. "Half-pint of ale." was all I said, again, too quietly. I felt as if the patrons' eyes were on me, as if they were onto me. I didn't look back, around, anything; I stared straight down at the counter and waited for my glass, rummaging in my trenchcoat pocket for change. He slid the drink in front of me, I paid, didn't wait for change, and walked over to her. I looked unnatural, I knew it. No normal guy comes in a bar on his own looking all shifty, grabs a beer and immediately heads over to the lone girl if he doesn't even know her.

"Lager or bitter ?" That was the code phrase. Her voice was strong, unyielding, ever so slightly masculine. She was confident, she was serene, and a little rushed. She hadn't even glanced up at me as I sat down. "Bitter, though he short-changed me." I sniggered internally, I hadn't waited for him to hand me back any change ...

She leaned out of the shadows, and I barely noted what she said: her beauty lay not in her elegant, straight-bridged nose, those slight cheekbones, her sharp chin, the curved lips painted a slight red, long hair hooked behind one ear and falling onto her fine chest, no; I couldn't keep off her eyes. Stormy blue with a halo of mossy green, like a sombre sailor's tale, lashes painted black and thickened to encircle them like a rich frame, eye-liner a turquoise that caught the light she'd leaned into. Her skin-tight t-shirt showed a strong, taut body, stern shoulders and lean, bare arms, slender hands tucked into fingerless gloves, the threads used to tighten them at the wrist dangling loosely onto the table top they were now both leaning against. A circular hole showed her bare abdomen, stronger than my own I'd wager. It was the type of femme fatale look you'd read about in corny magazine stories.

"So you're called Arno (http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u342/Selothi/CyberBoy_by_FLOWERZZXU.jpg) ?" the question finishing in a sign. Obviously I wasn't the first guy to stare at her in such a way. I nodded and took a mouthful of beer to tear away from her face. She continued, a little more seriously: "In a few minutes, we'll leave. I want you to follow me and not ask any questions. I trust you, or more importantly, our mutual friends who led you here, enough that I came out here, but you'll stay silent until we get to where I want us to be, understood ?" It was a cold, business-like dialogue. She knew exactly what she was doing, she was in total control, it was a little intimidating. "Can I at least have a name to call you by ?" "Lara (http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u342/Selothi/Windy_City_by_PRDart.jpg) will do fine." With that, she leant back into her chair and downed half her glass of tonic in one go, wincing as its bite kicked in. That was the end of the conversation. It was so damn hot here, even with the chilled beer. I took my coat off and draped it across the back of my chair, and went back to nursing my drink.

~~~~~

In the few minutes I'd spent inside, the streets had grown significantly darker. We were in Fall (or at least, so we were told. I hadn't seen a tree in months to know if that was true, and there was just the rain and cold to vouch for it), that time of the year where it was too early to turn on the street lights, but too dark for you to feel comfortable without them. I stepped out in Lara's footsteps, mimicking her brisk pace, just as the Acid Rain alarm rang off. She had her coat draped across her arm, and in one fluid motion, barely slowing down, she slipped it on, pulling the hood up. The thick, chemically-coated fabric protected you from the acidic rain that was common place nowadays. "Shit ! I left my coat inside, Lara, I'll be back in a second." There wasn't a reply, I didn't even wait to see if she stopped walking. I was in and out of the bar in an instant, already slipping one arm into the trenchcoat before noting in obvious shock that she hadn't waited for me.

"Fuck." was the only thought that crossed my mind as I stood there in the middle of the empty street, coat half on and mouth ajar. I turned my hearing augment on at once, flicking a switch at the back of the ear piece now embedded in my head's flesh. Footsteps, I wanted footsteps and I couldn't hear any. She was gone, I'd lost my chance to join the Upheaval. I was eighteen, not even an adult, and all I had was her name: Lara.

Fuck."

That was six years ago, and Lara was far more easy to get in touch with, at least compared to today. The Upheaval was her brain child, and in fact, was but a child in those days, a handful of close friends wanting to change the system, striking back at Cloudtop, this once glorious city-planet that had sunk into neglect and corruption, now only a shell of its former self. Now, the Upheaval is far more, and its goal significantly different, though the founders still believe that what they are doing will help Cloudtop. By everyone else, they're seen as a guerilla organisation, terrorists, criminals, low-lives hell-bent on causing chaos and nothing else. And yet, in their seven years of existence, there've been no civilians killed, nothing that would truly harm peoples' everyday lives. Only the police, the military and the government are hit, the real power behind Cloudtop's regime of pseudo-communist utopia.

---

Details: Cloudtop (http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u342/Selothi/Scrapland_by_lychi.jpg), thus named for the fact that once the city grew to cover most of the planet, the only way left to expand was upwards: tall skyscrapers linked by walkways, whole floors, individual districts even, towering high above Downtown (http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u342/Selothi/deus3-5.jpg), ground floor, where it just keeps getting worse and worse. This city has it all, from the very rich up top to the miserably poor down below. The Upheaval thrives off this conflict, and the sheer size of the city allows them to evade authorities. And yet, they aren't dangerous or radical enough that their eradication is a top priority, and therefore they thrive off this situation where they can wreak havoc, mingling within the city whenever they're not about on business. They're winning, is the long and short of it; or at least, they aren't losing.

From the few pictures I've linked I hope you can get a feel for the general setting: cyberpunkish-ish, with a fair dose of low sci-fi. Space travel hasn't discovered any new life forms or planets and therefore, we're still stuck on good old Earth (albeit a touch different from the one you and I are on, thus giving you the freedom to base some things on the current world and also invent whole new histories if you feel like it.), growing ever further upward. This has had drastic effects on the planet, the most visible, day to day one being the acid rain which *will* burn your skin if you don't have the proper clothing to cope with it. However, most buildings, except the very ancient Downtown ones, are built to resist it. Travel around the city is done by anti-gravitic lifts and tubes, flying cars, subways and superways, and most importantly, foot.

Despite heatsinks being disseminated throughout the city, temperatures are very high, and the strong winds barely cool you down. For that reason, most people dress lightly, and the odour of sweat is common and won't bother anyone aside from the exceedingly rich up at Cloud Level. Yes, the city does occasionally reach that high.

Technology-wise, think of Cyberpunk: there is an extranet, extremely fast and powerful, though its power source is a near-unknown dark secret. Weaponry is slightly futuristic, but still ballistic: gauss guns exist, but not lasers. Same goes for armor and such. The most important tech advance is perhaps augmentations, or "augments" for short, that is to say, modifications applied directly to the human body (think of Deus Ex), whether it be Arno's earpiece that grants him a far keener sense of hearing, to bio-mechanical arms, grafted lenses and neuro-motors.

As far as actual society goes, which is perhaps the most important part, it isn't actually *too* bad. The current system is made up to be as close to Utopia as possible, where each man and woman can live their lives to the fullest of their potential, and all these lies are held together by huge amounts of censorship and propaganda, but repression isn't a common thing that it attracts the public eye. More to the point, people don't know the truth, and what they see is good enough for them. It works, most commoners are neither rich nor poor, but the system allows flexibility and is good enough for the average family to survive.

That said, the Upheaval's founders, all of them smart and enlightened people, their brains storing more than enough information to have them all killed if ever they were scanned, believe that the truth needs to be let out, and that people have a right to know everything. They understand that do this they would have to topple the government, but they believe that it is fragile enough to be doable, and that the only reason this hasn't been done before is that nobody has been smart or ballsy enough. In many ways this depicts them as a bunch of anarchists bent on chaos, but if only the masses knew what *they* knew, there'd be reason to revolt. Truth be told, the very fact that so many gifted and visionary people are together and manage to share a common goal at a same given time is amazing, a real feat, which explains that up till now, the governing body hasn't had to worry too much. And when they worry, a quick visit by the normal police, or the Thought Police, tends to straighten things out.

The Story: We *will* be following the Upheaval, and it will gain far more momentum during this RP than ever before, but not quite straight away. I don't want everyone to be a member of the Upheaval: in fact, I'd rather that most of us join them as they finally let people into their ranks more easily to strike back, properly, at the system. They'll mostly be recruiting from criminal groups and syndicates that operate in a way that is compatible with their moral code: that is to say, not violent crime, but more anti-establishment style. Arno will fit this bill. Additionally, the recruitment which, while open during Arno's younger days (as detailed in the opening) had been next to non-existent for most of the six years since, is now back online. Agents and information dealers can now help people with the right friends, the right reputation and who have enough luck, to get into the Upheaval that way.

Rules:

The same old boring dull crap as usual: don't godmod, don't be daft, respect fellow players and such. I don't require you to post at the speed of light, far from it, quality over quantity, but around a posts a week should keep the flow going, otherwise people tend to lose interest or develop their own sub-plots far too far, wander off into their little corner and are never seen again. One thing I hold dear is that y'all post in the third person. I prefer it, and mingling first and third person just won't do. At all.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Appearance: Textual description is mandatory, though by all means add a picture.
Personality:
Background, History:
Reason(s) for joining the Upheaval: (Specify if they came into contact with you.)
Skills and equipment: (Remember that the bionic augments I detailed are extremely commonplace: you get a free one during childhood and most of the simple ones aren't that expensive, roughly the price of a good tattoo or piece of jewellery nowadays. So don't hesitate to give them an exotic touch !)

Please, if you have any questions, feel free to ask away, and above all, have fun and be creative. If you have any quips too, shoot.

GraftRaven
03-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Count me in, this looks fantastic!!

Kris
03-13-2011, 01:19 AM
sounds cool :D

Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Selothi
03-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Count me in, this looks fantastic!!

Why thank you sir, very well ! Tip-top even.

GraftRaven
03-14-2011, 02:39 AM
Let me know if I missed anything, need to change something (or everything), and especially if you have any doubts about the character. Now, lets see if we can't get a few more players yes?

Name: Cypher

Appearance: A man in an acid-proof cloak rounds the corner, he is of average height, though nothing else of him is visible. As he walks closer you notice several odd bulges under the cloak around his arms and back, and as he passes you see two glowing red eyes and what looks like a skull under the hood of the cloak. You turn in your seat to watch him as he goes, but it is not long until he stops at a nearby door and does away with the cloak. First you notice his arms, both of which have been replaced with what looks like a fast and dextrous pair of servo arms covered in a light, angular, and aerodynamic looking set of slate gray armor plates. The arms are approximately eight inches wide and slightly less than half of that in depth. As he turns away to check the street you notice a sleek looking attachment spreading across his broad upper back, with the same design and color as the arms. A black skin-tight shirt with a hood clings to his athletically built body and a pair of slightly baggy black pants tucked into combat boots cover his legs. He turns, scanning the street and your eyes follow a black corrugated tube around from the backpack, under his right arm, and into the front of a skull-shaped gasmask with glowing red eye lenses covering the entire front half of his head. He locks eyes with you, then moves into the doorway and out of sight, leaving a feeling of uneasiness that compels you to leave, quickly.

Personality: Arguably, Cypher is one of the most calculated people now in existance and gives the impression of having thought out nearly everything twenty moves ahead. That's not to say he cannot be sociable and likeable, but you have to get past his machine-like exterior.

Background, History: Cypher is a bit of a mystery besides his recent activity. He has been implicated in two bombings of government buildings and the infiltration of several more such facilities (when asked he will say that he did it to let the governmet know that they can't control everyone), though nothing has ever been officially pinned to him he still holds the reputation for these acts.

He will not reveal how he lost his arms or why exactly he wears a mask at all times, but it is known that all of his clothes and implants are at least slightly acid-resistant.

Reason(s) for joining the Upheaval: Mainly to bring down the current government, but also for his own private agenda.

Skills and equipment: Two bionic arms that, while appearing large, are actually normal sized, but are encased in 1/4" custom armor plating attached via support struts. He also has a back mounted device that provides service to his mask and arms via a built in power source and his own rerouted bio-electricity. Cypher likes to travel above street level on foot, usually jumping from building to building when it is dark (parkour), though during the day he is forced to stay on the streets, though usually out of sight. He is also skilled at infiltration and understands technology well.

(Again, if anything needs changing, don't hesitate!)

Selothi
03-14-2011, 06:06 PM
A bit über, but that isn't so much the problem. The big thing is those augments: I have nothing against Cypher having them, but he needs a firm backstory for them. Equipment of that grade, quality, importance, etc ... Would be extremely hard to come by unless you're an army experiment or something. If it's an essential part of his background you want to keep secret, just say so, but could I get a little sneak peek at at least a smidgeon of info on them ? As is, it's too high-tec for anyone who doesn't live at Cloud level, and those guys are too poncy to need anything like that.

I was thinking he'd be a bit too conspicuous, but then hey, not only is this cyberpunk, but there's more than enough people curing their physical disabilities with large implants, so while he may get long stares from incredulous bystanders, his kind of body isn't exactly unheard of.

Also, any reason for bombing buildings ? Not that anyone needs any, but hey ?

Aside from that, welcome. I like the way you narrated the physical description, a good way of fitting in detail without turning it into a checklist, I like it.

GraftRaven
03-14-2011, 07:05 PM
No problem, I was almost thinking the same thing. I'll have stuff to show you later, I've got a movie to go to in about ten minutes.

And the inspiration for the narrated appearance was Clyde, he always does his appearances like that#, I thought it was neat XD

Selothi
03-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Ah, in that case you have no merit, you thieving little swine !

What's the movie you're probably watching while I'm writing this post ? (OMG I broke the fourth wall ! :O)

GraftRaven
03-14-2011, 09:46 PM
I just don't want to be credited with something that doesn't belong to me D:

And I saw Rango. It was good, maybe a little predictable, but good. Bill Nighy has an amazing voice.

Ushima
03-14-2011, 09:53 PM
i'm in. i'll get a CS in work as soon as i'm out of class

Selothi
03-14-2011, 10:05 PM
As long as you capitalise your i's in your CS, fine and dandy by me ! ^^

Yes, I'm a grammar nazi. :P

I just don't want to be credited with something that doesn't belong to me D:

And I saw Rango. It was good, maybe a little predictable, but good. Bill Nighy has an amazing voice.

Bill Nighy's voice is like sex on British velvet, yes. The adjective British can be stuck anywhere in that sentence, actually.

Rango's the film with Johnny Depp voicing some lizard thing, right ? If it's Hollywood, it's also predictable from word go, really. Part of the fun !

GraftRaven
03-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Yes he voices a chameleon, so thats at least two characters from Pirates of the Caribean. XD

Edits and writing have begun!

And good to see you Ushima!

Ushima
03-14-2011, 10:13 PM
good to see you to buddy

Selothi
03-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Yes he voices a chameleon, so thats at least two characters from Pirates of the Caribean. XD

Edits and writing have begun!

And good to see you Ushima!

And there was much rejoicing !

http://bravesblogger.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/c19-rejoicing.jpg

Kudos to whoever gets the reference.

GraftRaven
03-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Oh I have that on DVD!

*the picture is a dead giveaway*

Selothi
03-14-2011, 10:30 PM
I have no idea how common knowledge the Pythons are in 'Merica.

By the way, get back to your writing you !

GraftRaven
03-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Oh hush XD

And can you read PMs? Because i have secret backstory (or maybe not) related questions... you could answer via VM on my page if you can at least see PMs.

Selothi
03-14-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm not sure. It's after something like 15 posts that I get PM "privilege", if I remember from my previous stay here many years back. Give it a shot, if it doesn't work I'll edit my e-mail address into my profile: there will be a solution !

GraftRaven
03-14-2011, 10:56 PM
I'll bet you can at least view them.

Incoming! (As soon as i finish it XD)

EDIT: Sent it, had a bit of mental and verbal spewage in it though, so you have been warned!

EDIT (revenge of teh edit!): You've apparently only got space for one PM Selothi, so I can't reply until you delete the last one XD

Ushima
03-15-2011, 01:44 AM
Name: Jet Neo

Appearance: Jet stands about 6'2" and weighs about 190lbs. His hair is shoulder length and two tones black and yellow. He has two facial tattoos and two small silver hoop earings in each ear. His eyes are black with a red ring (http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab346/xXyukiUkadaXx/Other%20Naruto%20Rpcs/3_kenzo.jpg) because of his augmentation. He has a left shoulder tattoo. He wears a grey short sleeved shirt with a long sleeveless black coat. Jet wears baggy black pants and a bullet belt (http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk286/xo_So_Good_In_Blue_ox/bulletbelt.jpg) and black boots, his forarms are covered and his nails are painted black. A Bad Company (http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/Monkey-Hands/Platinum%20Trophies/thBattlefieldBadCompany2.png) tattoo on his back. When Jet does work for Bad Company he wears a high-tech Ballistic Mask (http://maintenance.ioffer.com/img/item/144/880/985/army-of-two-paintball-airsoft-bb-gun-rios-mask-commando-eb99e.jpg).
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb370/AnonymousLolita/Anime%20Male/444541.jpg

Personality: Jet has a easy going personality. He finds most things boring and rather be doing something. Whether it be out running, working with machines/computers or fighting. Though Jet doesn't tolerate bullying and will get up in your face about it, he can usually tell when its the real thing or just friends joking around with each other. Jet is also very greedy and will pretty much do anything for money, though he has his limits, no gay stuff.

Background History: Jet was born into a middle class family of four. His father is name Cid who works as a mechanic. Cid taught Jet many things allowing Jet to build his own vehicle when he was sixteen. It was a unique vehicle, it had wheels as well as hovering capabilities. It was a long black and gold bike (http://www.actionfigurearchive.co.uk/ekmps/shops/carpetmonster/images/final-fantasy-mechanical-arts-1-fenrir-motorcycle-853-p.jpg). Jet's mother Cynthia on the other hand was a stay-at-home mom, taking care of him and his older sister. Jet's older sister Juli is two years older than him and currently studying to be a lawyer. Juli annoyed Jet every chance she got, giving him a hard time about everything and rubbing in every achievement she got.

Jet attended elementary and middle school, he was a brilliant student. But he had a problem, he got into fights a lot. Jet would protect other students who were being bullied, they called him Archangel for awhile, and that often led to physical confrontation. When he got to high school it only escalated. On the threat of expulsion, beacsue of fighting and carrying knives, Jet dropped out with a G.E.D. Of course that got his sister on his case even more. So now Jet does small jobs here and there for money, at least that's what he tells people. And it's true, using his mechanic skills to fix cars, but didn't want to work in a garage, computer skills to fix other things, Free Running to make deliveries. But at night, that was when his real job began. Jet, within days of dropping out of school, became an underground fighter. Fighting in clubs, under bridges, parks, fancy penthouse suits whenever the upper class wanted a show for some party they were hosting. He made great money, enough to afford the cybernetic implant in his head, and honed his combat skills.

When Jet was seventeen he joined a small gang known as Bad Company. Jet's reasons where his own, he wanted people on his side in the streets. He helped them on small crimes, robbery of warehouses to sell their products on the street, grand theft auto of high end upper class vehicles to re-sell, muggings. Jet never went out of his way to commit a crime, only when he was wanted as back up. Often times he was jumped, one time taking a pistol from a enemy gang member. This prompted his use in firearms, if the people coming after him had guns he figured he better learn how to use them. He doesn't get much practice with it but he does when he can. Jet was decent when it came to a gun, his only problem when he was starting was dealing with the power of the gun because it had massive recoil. But Jet quickly adjusted and is capable of firing with one hand. So other than that his life is pretty boring, wake up, do a small job or crime. Wait around til eleven before heading to some club, the fight locations change constantly, to fight until three then head home and pass out exhausted before repeating it all over again.

Reason(s) For Joining The Upheaval:

Skills And Equipment:
Skills - Jet is capable of Parkour/Free Running, hand to hand combat and Knife fighting. Not as skilled with Firearms as he wants to be. He is capable of mechanics, a skill passed onto him by his father, and other tech skillz.

Equipment -
Eyes: Was born blind so his eyes were Augmented

Ballistic Mask: Capable of Night Vision, Infrared, Zoom and recording video and pictures

Microprocessor: A small computer in his head which uses his already Augmented eyes as a monitor. He can use the Extranet and other capbabilities.

Weapons: A gun he took off a thug who tried jumping him (http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr105/pivotmasterbubbie/555975-boltok_pistol_super.jpg)
The knife he got caught with in school (http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/c/spring_assist_modern_karambit_red_540.jpg)

Selothi
03-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Just two slight problems to rectify: cybernetic eyes I don't mind, but it's hard enough replicating a human eye that can be linked to the brain and that's the right size for the sockets, never mind filling them with night vision, infrared and zoom ! For those last three, you'll have to either have them as goggles (expensive kit but literally perfect vision even at night) or as thick lenses that cost a shitload.

The bigger problem: the Upheaval isn't known about. It's not that they wouldn't be interested in a gang of petty criminals, my char Arno will basically fit that bill, but they need to have a better agenda than simply stealing money and cars. The Upheaval does believe itself to be altruistic after all. Arno's gang for instance tends to do pretty sneaky non-lethal (and non-violent at all if possible) raids on warehouses to steal tech, furniture and artwork destined for Cloud level, as those bastards don't really deserve it according to them.

Besides, while the Upheaval are recruiting again, it's VERY hush hush, only very few information dealers know of this, and they're smart enough to not divulge it to everyone. Let's just say even if Jet heard about the Upheaval, he wouldn't be accepted if his only motivation was the pay, unless he had some much-needed skills.

And finally, just a little detail: cars aren't used much in Downtown, mostly battered and bruised ground cars (that's cars that have wheels to you and me). Most cars are hover cars driving on huge highways that weave and lace throughout Cloudtop middle-tier. Just so you know. Also, only ground cars use fuel, hover cars use electricity gained by some means or another, you can be creative for that.

Aside from those things, nothing wrong with Jet at all, let him rip basically ! Got two players now, WE NEED MOAR !

How do I advertise on this website ? As in, without it being shameless.

Ushima
03-15-2011, 08:19 PM
just made a few edits

Selothi
03-15-2011, 08:29 PM
So he has no reasons for joining the Upheaval ? In which case, that means more work for me to fit him in :'(

If you prefer it that way no probs, it can still work don't you worry.

SQJ
03-16-2011, 09:29 PM
I find myself fascinated. I like the setting, reminds me of the fifth element. I'd like to join.

Selothi
03-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Heh, now that you mention it, I can imagine Cloudtop being a lot like the city in the Fifth Element (been so long since I seen it, though) just less ... white ?

Anyway, don't ask to join goddamnit ! Make me sound like I have authority (Oh wait- )

Seriously though, thanks for the interest ! If you have a character idea post it up, any questions ask here or PM me, whatevs. The usual fare, ja ?

And just so y'all know, I'm on GMT+1 time, so for the Americans in here we're only going to be able to chat in real time 'round about my 10PM onwards, 'till just before midnight when common sense kicks in and I decide that six hours' sleep is better than five.

As for South Africa, come to think, it might be even worse. My evenings will be your early mornings right ? That's not gonna help. So be it, the Earth is big and round, can't do anything about it.

SQJ
03-16-2011, 10:01 PM
LOL

Dont worry. I generally stay up late to keep up with the other role players. Though I actually have a double shift tomorrow, so I wont be online for long. I'm impressed that you even thought about the SA/France time zone thing. *...Er...* I'm running on GM + 2.

Anyway I always state my intention before suddenly dropping a CS just in case someone yells What hell are you doing!!! *Then types it out and posts it, but that was kinda obvious...*

You'll have my CS tommorow. So you have something to think about. I'm thinking mid level system hacker. Works for a low paying, no criminal history checking, business which tears apart old tech for free and salvages it for money, sometimes going as far as reselling it.
The only tech he has is a four USB starage units impanted in his head which, with the right encryption he can transfer wirelessly.
He used to be a great hacker till he got caught and was not allowed to have a PC near him for five years, now he's trying to pay the goverment back for putting him out of the game for five years dropping him to a subpar hacker while poinitng out the injustice occuring behind the curtains and below the clouds.
Hows he looking so far, ps most of this popped up in my head now, so if there's anything you iffy speak now or...er... speak later. Your RP ^_^

Selothi
03-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Sounds fine by me, actually. The head-USB thing I have no problem with as long as it doesn't suddenly start working like a master key and he can access all the guvment's computers and such (:P Not that I think you'd do that) but that's about it.

So yeah, good night y'all, I'm off to bed.

SQJ
03-16-2011, 10:17 PM
LOL!! No dude, it only increases brain capacity and memory storage. He remebers more, learns more thats it, everyhting else is just brain power. See yeah when the sun leaves the other side of the world and returns to this one.

GraftRaven
03-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Pshhh, who needs sleep XD (okay, so I could use some right now)

East coast, GMT -5 here.

Xanthuss
03-17-2011, 03:36 AM
Am I to late? This role-play looks great.

Name:
Damien Tyrantiaz Mellbreen

Appearance:
Damien has one blue eye, one brown eye, which has a circle of gold around the iris, he also has short blonde hair, which is tinged with small streaks of black, a handsome face, and he has a tiny scar above his left eyebrow and another small scar below his ear. He stands 6'1ft tall, and he has a lean and muscular build, a swimmer's build. Damien’s normal wear is black dress pants, white shirt, a black suit, and a necklace with a silver pendant with is of the Tyrantiaz Technology logo (http://i54.tinypic.com/2vb64u9.gif), and black dress shoes.

Because of his augments, he has a implant on the right of his head that is disguised to look like a hearing aid, and his strange coloured eyes are a result of his computing augments.

Personality:
Damien is a business man through and through. He isn't in it for the money though; he is in it for the thrill of beating his competitors against all odds and coming out on top, no matter what.

He knows the law backwards, and he is constantly using it to help him beat his competition. He defends his company fiercely, and will do anything, even illegal things (though that is needed very rarely), to keep it safe and at the top. He is also proud of his past, both because he managed to come from what he had to what he has now, and because he was always very proud of his scientist father.

Background, History:
Damien was born to a father who was a wealthy, and slightly famous scientist, and a stay at home mother who dotted on him. When he was 8 his father died in an explosion at his lab, and his mother, always a woman of weak health, withered away, till she was a bed ridden invalid. Then Damien was sent to stay with his Great Aunt, along with his mother, who was no longer even capable of much speech.

His mother finally died when Damien was 12, and three years later his Great Aunt died, leaving him a small fortune and a large house in Cloudtop. Always the business man, Damien started up Tyrantiaz Technology when he was 18, using his Great Aunt's and Fathers money to fund the venture. It turned out to be a success, and Damien's company was soon pumping out the latest and greatest in bionic augments.

His company began climbing the ladder of success rapidly, and soon it was the top of its market... Tyrantiaz Technology was THE name in technology, and it began supplying high tech inventions to the Government, Military, and other large companies. By the time Damien was 25, Tyrantiaz Technology was worth billions and Damien himself was one of the richest men on the planet.

Reason(s) for joining the Upheaval:
Damien does not like the government personally, but he is also smart enough to realise that the government are under estimating the Upheaval, and that if he wishes for his company to survive after the government topples, he needs to be on the right side.

Skills and equipment:

Bionic Augments:

Bionic-Information Receiving Device (BIRD): A tiny computing device in his mind, which runs a constant stream of information regarding his company and competitor companies through his head. It is present as part of the same implant as the Micro-Computing Device, which hooks over his right ear and looks something like an advanced hearing aid.

Bionic-Tooth Communication Device (BTCD): A tiny communication device, imbedded in one of his molars. When it rings only Damien can hear it, and he can control it by tapping the correct part of the outside of his jaw.

Micro-Computing Device (MCD): A computing device that uses his right eye as a monitor. It gives him access to all his company files, including a few that can only be accessed by his device (Because the only way to make them un-hackable is to make them require mental passwords, meaning no one but Damien can give the password, and he doesn't even have to say it out loud), plus the Extranet. It also allows him to connect mentally to computer systems, therefore not requiring a USB device to download files from his mind to another system. It is present as a small metal implant, that hooks over his right ear and looks something like a space-age hearing aid.

Scanning Device (SD): A scanning device, also imbedded in his right eye. He can use it to take pictures and scan documents in to his memory, and also to search for words among others (for example, Damien is looking at a contract and he wants to find the section on guidelines he will have to follow, well he just scans it with this device and the section becomes highlighted in his vision). He can also use it to scan crowds for the face of the person he wants to find.

Weapons:
Hand gun: Damien carries a small hand gun, which contains 8 bullets, around with him always. It is normally hidden under his suit.

Genetically Engineered Bodyguard (Geb): Geb (http://i54.tinypic.com/rh8nix.jpg) is a genetically modified bodyguard that follows Damien everywhere, and who was designed to guard him. He is modified to be unable to betray his master, and to follow every order he is given. He is equipped with various weapons, plus a cloaking device is equipped in his armour, that renders him totally invisible at will. Even though he is genetically modified to be complacent and totally trustworthy, Geb does have self-awareness and a mind of his own, and is not only genetically driven to protect his master, but very devoted normally, as he knows that his master is very kind to his compared to some he could have been created for. He is also the only person that Damien trusts his secrets to. He is also tagged with a tracking collar, which looks like a metal collar which circle's his neck, built to fit perfectly, which is an invention of Damien's and impossible to remove.

Skills:
Genius Intellect: Damien is a genius when it comes to business. His mind contains limitless amounts of business information, and he is constantly inventing new revolutionary devices to keep his company at the top.

Fighting Skills: Damien has learnt pistol marksmanship,

Ushima
03-17-2011, 07:16 PM
i'm kinda getting a Judge Dredd vibe from this. not like i'm expecting people to be running around and shouting "I AM THE LAW!" or anything

SQJ
03-17-2011, 08:14 PM
I was hoping to do that...while streaking to add dramatic effect.

Selothi
03-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Coolsome ! Another player, perfect !

Um um um, nitpicking, let's see. Three main things: I'm cool with the augments, just do you mind that having his eyes wired up to his various computer augments means that they don't look ... human ? From afar, they might be your regular eyeball, but close up the retina wouldn't have quite the same sheen, the iris the same grainy look, get it ?

As for the BIRD and MCD, as there's no room left inside a person's head for augments, they'd have to be on the outside, either at the base of the skull whatever. This tech still takes up some room.

Finally, I'm a bit iffy about the android. I've never been too much of a robot fan, and a personal humanoid android ... Feels a teency bit too over-the-top in terms of sci-fi-ness, is all. I can understand needing a personal aid, but I'd rather have him be a human bodyguard, even a genetically altered one to have inhibited thought patterns thus taking away any chance of him being bribed into betraying his employer. But an android, I'm gonna have to say no.

So yeah, mainly your character's appearance in regards to the augments and the android, aside from that welcome to the crew ! I'm already brewing up some ideas as to how I could link him to my char, and by extension the general plot. With four of you, I feel the pressure mounting to post up an IC, but don't expect before at the very earliest tomorrow evening, and I'll probably be way too tired for that, but I'll do my utmost best to get it up in the week-end.

@Ushima: I know nothing about Judge Dredd sadly, but for the general feel of the city I'm getting a slight Blade Runner vibe myself, minus robots and aliens. And a bit less cheesy.

SQJ
03-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Name: Brendan *Bubble head*Bent
Appearance:
Brendan is tall but gangly. A little like a basket ball player
He has a gaunt squarish face of a man who should have looked powerful if he'd bothered to hit a gym in his life.
He has brown eyes and a thick goatee.
He wears special brand called Alu-boots, their basically iron soled platform boots. Their a very light metal based made from tiny metals which break apart when a step is taken and solidify when the shoe is off, effectively turning them into steel bars. There are models where it reads a person's heat signature allowing only them to wear it but he'd never be able to afford that brand.
He wears a solid brown tight body suit which bunches on his neck forming a white scarf. He can twist and roll it up to cover his face, forming a balaclava to protect him from the acid rain.
Over that he wears thick, baggy pants and at two tops in public to cover his skinny arms and legs.
There are also two steel circles on the edge of his temple with connection sockets. The other two which are on the back of his head, covered by his hair have no sockets. The first is one the top of his skull and the other just above the back of his neck, he never cuts his hair there which is why he generally has a Mohawk style.

Personality:
In short, Brendan is an asshole, he's very insensitive and is the type who will crack an insensitive joke as the most tense of times. He generally thinks the world owes him something for taking away his opportunity to be the greatest hacker of all time. He's an angry man even though he's rarely ever actually angry, he's more sarcastic and sardonic. He never really has much but the little he has he makes sure is unique so he can show off with. The best example being his baby blue Alu-Boots, the baby blue colour was a limited edition that very few people have.

Background, History:
Brendan was a technology prodigy. His father was a technology genius who was attached to multiple software products and upgrades for the modern age. Brendan inherited all the skill at a very young age. At twelve he broke into a public broadcasting network and was arrested and tried. He was found guilty before knowing what had happened, he'd been sentenced and sent to juvenile detention for 2 years and on a no technology parole for another 5 years.

His father disappeared, he stopped visiting and left him alone. He'd never known his mother because he was child of a single parent surrogacy.

After his sentence he found what work he could. Using what little knowledge he had of the current world. Though little to the layman had changed and the world was exactly as he'd left it, in terms of coding and development, it was a whole new world. It wasn't nearly as much of the wild west as he remembered it, no it was something else entirely and he wasn't good enough to force back the old days. He was a joke.

Defeated and furious Brendan took a basic software cleaning job only to discover more of the world beneath the clouds, which quickly became his new home. He got a better job and started as a hardware removal man. Mainframes, internal home tech systems which were spread across entire building complexes and homes needed to be replaced all the time and as it turned he was the best man to do it.

But still, every day he fumes at the thought of being left behind by the world itself. He fumes at being locked out of a world he's not sure he even wants to be a part of anymore.

Reason(s) for joining the Upheaval:
People are living a lie. Their living not as humans should. A pig can never look up and see that sky, it is slaughtered one by one without seeing beyond the food offered to them in troughs, the pig is used to feed those who can see the stars, humans. And now it appears that the people of Cloudtop are no different. *LOL made that up right now hope it made sense.*

Skills and equipment:

Allot of humans have brain augments for memory and learning. Keep better track of memories, learn a new language without losing the one you've always known etc. His father installed two into him from a young age. The next two, the ones on his temples, he paid for himself.

Weapons
He has a pair of electric jaws, their the size of a pair of scissors and can electrically produce a opening or closing force which can tear steel or cut it.

A simple crowbar*Never underestimate the power of a cross bar.*

Selothi
03-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Lol, your character wears a skin-tight latex suit, that's soooo gay.

Anyway, enough tom-foolery. The pig thing is a little stretched grammar-wise, but I get the analogy easily enough. Just one thing, steel-ripping tweezers ?! How do you to pluck your eyebrows without tearing your own skull out ?! Make them a bit bigger than tweezers, and I'm fine with that.

SQJ
03-17-2011, 10:14 PM
LOL

They're not actualy tweezers. Thier the tools he uses to break open the steel walls of main frames but okay I'm edit it.

Selothi
03-17-2011, 10:28 PM
It's just the size I'm bothered with. Sure, it's not the size that counts, all that, but I my suspension of disbelief won't hold under that much strain.

Anyway, much better :P Just make sure it's thin steel he'll be cutting through.

SQJ
03-17-2011, 10:54 PM
LOL

Dont worry he wont be cleaving through fortknox with them ^_^

Xanthuss
03-18-2011, 03:06 AM
Done, updated my application form :) Please tell me if Geb requires his own form.

Selothi
03-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Nah, doesn't need a character sheet.

You will get very odd looks from passers-by because of him following you, the guy looks like a fricking mercenary.

skyline339
03-19-2011, 10:00 AM
This is still going right, I love the setting and the outline :)

Character Sheet:

Name: Zellitha

Appearance: The cyborg of today, from DynTech. Many skin layers can be replaced by an ultra tough carbon steel fiber, which gives her body and vitales the protection they need during intense situations.The brain and eyes can now be fitted with Dyntech's latest in nural and ocular implants, alowing the brain to react faster, and cooler and under dangerous situations keep stress levels at a minimum. DynTech's new eyes, built in targeting, night vision, and heat vision grant unparalleled accuracy and target recognition. The rest of your body can be rebuilt by Dyntech's Cyborg Agent's program. Arms can been fitted with Nurosteel plating and hyrdolic system alowing maximum load to be increased, stability with heavy weapons and/or machine controle has also been increased. The vital organs are shielded by the patented new Nurosteel chest cavity, it offeres full on protection against any form of bullet penetration, accedental spills up to 1000 pounds of pressure, it also includes the special heart monitor and other vital organ monitors to keep your body running smoothly. The heart monitor will engage and help the heart keep up with today's tough needs, managing stim, adrenaline, and nervousness it will mantain the heart in maximum shape and power, less stress on the heart, less mistakes will be made. Dyntech's last model, the new Nurosteel legs offer increadable speed, and carring capacity, the max load for the legs has not yet been fully determined but for anyone on the go, this is a definate upgrade.

Her entire body had been fitted with the latest technology from DynTech. Since the new Nurosteel is tiny and powerful, not many things can be viewed. Whenever she is let out for a mission, she dawns her trenchcoat, hiding whatever weapon is needed for the mission. Underneath the black reinforced leather material, lay the powerful body. Her skin is covered by a tight thermal suit, it helps to reduce fire damage. To the normal human touch, the skin feels warm, and squshy just as it should. A few small things will be noticed, upon removal of the tight tank top she wears. Down her back, lay 6 plugs, they keep her agumentations in check and refile any lost blood or hyrdolic fluid needed. The small compartment on the back of her skull, under the beautiful long brown metallicy hair, controls the brain functions, that is where the Utopia chip is stored, giving her a false reality and alowes for the Syndicate DynTech, to control her every movement. She is a state of the art cyborg, which can go undetected until it is almost too late.

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5811/battleangel.jpg
By skyline339 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/skyline339) at 2010-09-15

Personality: A very calm and quiet girl, once she comes to and is released from the Utopia chip implanted into her brain, she becomes a very scared and lonely girl, very confused and unknowing of this world around her.

Background, History: She had been taken from her parents at a young age, with the lie that DynTech had discovered a Utopia upon the earth. Her parents had let her gone under the Syndicates care, unknowing of what they had in mind for her. After they had taken her, they grew her up in a lab, claming to prepare her for the harsh new wild world of the promised land, and how to survive. The day before, the "claimed leaving date" They had let her fall asleep inside a new bed, the cryo chamber had become her new home and prison. Over the course of 4 years they had almost ripped her body apart, replacing all major pieces with new synthetic components. Before she awoke, they had implanted the Utopia chip into her brain, convincing her mind that she had left the city and now lived among the trees and fresh water with a handsom man. She was now one of DynTech's agents, a super soldier of the utmost power, killing anyone and slowly helping DynTech gain control over the world, country by country. Her story begins, one day during a mission, a stray bullet penetrated the rear of her neck, damaging the chip and causing her to regain full control of her body, slowly her vision clears of the perfect world she thought she was in, and the real world sizzled into view.

Reason(s) for joining the Upheaval: During her mission, infiltrate an Upheaval base, she had cornered a leader. Holding the Minigun in front of her, she aimed and spun up the barrel. One of the badly hurt members snuck up behind her, and shot her. Normally, the bullet would bounch off of the Carbon steel fiber, but his bullet found the weak point. As she stood there staring at the leader, her own vision came into view, her mind was clear once again. Seeing the long cold barrels of the minigun spinning in front of her, she looked at the man laying on the floor covering his face, she began to feel emotions again, things her mind had done to the visions of the perfect world. She stood there, frozen in fear, the other three agents began calling out to her over the com link, but the codes meant nothing to her. Lowering the minigun, she knelt close to the man, grabbing him by his bloody shirt, she pulled him up towards her own face. Her eyes glowed slightly as all the microscopic equipment inside of them swirled around changing focus. A small tear rolled down her cheek, and the man knew something was wrong, something was different.

The man took a chance and spoke softly to the agent, unknowing whether it was female or male, grabbing him. "Help me escape, and I can help you."

All she knew was that taking this man's life was wrong. Nodding to the man, she laid him down and helped him onto his feet. Slowly she took the mask from her face off. The long pointed and well defind face of a beautiful girl, a face who now showed life, and control, stared at this man. Lifting up the minigun she nodded to the man, blinked away her tears and now helped him escape. That was the last time she saw this man, he had given her some direction as to where to go if she needed any repairs done or needed help, but she was on her own to make contact. The address he had given her, was to a dark and shady area of town, a bar, that was where she could find someone who could help her with this world and new life.

(sorry if its really long and maybe badly writen, I'm quite tired, but I got into it xD)

Selothi
03-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Hmm ... I really don't know. At all. See, on the one hand I'm thinking "She's just an overly-complex and pretty killing machine, and developing her character into something other than the stereotype of the little girl stolen from her parents and engineered in a lab and suddenly partly released from her mind-control seems nigh impossible."

I think she's too cliché, way too much: über augments all over her body, she's basically invulnerable unless you decide so, personality-wise it wouldn't fit in with, for instance, A's character's bodyguard, Geb, whose mind was altered to obey only his master. In this setting, science has progressed far enough to understand some of the mechanics of the mind and how to suppress or enhance them. Why would DynTech leave her with that dormant personality of her former self when they could just lock it away or delete it ?

Even if it was there and hidden and a stray, perfectly-placed bullet, lifted the lock, she wouldn't understand it. Imagine you live all your life as someone's killing tool, and suddenly memories of torture and experiments flood back into your mind: you'd go insane. Insane characters aren't easy to roleplay.

All in all it just feels like an over-used concept that I've never played well. Little defenceless girls don't warm my heart up either, rather they piss me off. I just think you've bitten off way more you can chew. Not to mention that I don't like the idea of syndicates possessing agents capable of leading wars (not that there are wars any more, aside from the oceans and deserts, most of Earth's surface is covered with Cloudtop, the city spans the whole planet à-la Coruscant) and also: the Upheaval doesn't have bases. At worst, safehouses, but to all intent and purposes the Upheaval doesn't exist outside of a few meetings and a few car bombs and kidnappings a few years back.

So again, sorry but I'm going to have to say no to her. Too much that wouldn't work in my opinion. Apologies for crushing your dreams, and if this doesn't sound too bastard-like, you can always have a go at another char.

skyline339
03-19-2011, 06:09 PM
It's okay, I'm gonna try for a new character :) I have to say I really want to RP in this! lol

Selothi
03-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Cool ! I never know how people will react when I don't allow their chars to join, so thanks for that. If you have any questions, or ideas you want to bounce off me, just PM me. If you can't do that yet, either get a few more posts under your belt (I think it's after ten posts or something) or ask and I'll give you my e-mail or whatevs.

K
03-20-2011, 04:37 AM
Name: Roman Langtry.

Appearance: Over a century old, Roman is a frail, vulnerable old man. He can barely move his body, is almost totally blind, and has completely balded decades ago. His "proxies" are younger, more able-bodied versions of himself, most of which are around their mid-20s in terms of age. Proxies are usually of above-average height, athletic builds, have naturally dark-brown hair, and possess a variety of hard-to-notice cybernetic augmentations.

Old man (http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/8817/jxdfhgksdjghkjds.png). Young proxy (http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2558/skdfhkjdg.png) (The fellow with the girl).

Personality: Having lived for more than a century, Mr. Langtry is experiencing an incredibly rare mental condition known as "immortality blues". This condition is characterized by overall apathy and cynicism, with minor traits like an inability to form long-term relationships and an addiction to risky activities. Simply put, Roman has grown incredibly bored, and is looking for something completely interesting to do.

Background, History: In his younger days, Roman entered the military's cybernetic "tele-operation" forces. He proved to be incredibly adept at operating systems through cybernetic implants with fluidity and ease, which garnered attention and opportunities. As the decades rolled by, he went through the roller-coaster of life. He eventually settled down to have a family, and went on to make a great deal of money as a tele-operation specialist for cyber-defense firms. As he began to near the end of his natural life-span, Roman had found himself accustomed to using android-like bodies to interact with the outside world. Taking the next step further, the elderly man purchased fast-grown clones of himself, which would act as living "proxies".

These proxies would be directly controlled by his cybernetic implants, and would allow Roman to feel "young" again. Taking advantage of the fortune he had accumulated over the years, the old man also set up a system that would keep him in near-suspended animation as long as technology would allow. His plan would be to keep control of his proxies till his final breath, which could be delayed indefinitely if "rejuvination" technology ever develops. On the side, however, these pesky youngsters that are a part of this "Upheaval" nonsense seek Roman for his skills and resources, which he may gladly provide for the sake of entertaining himself a little while longer.

Reason(s) For Joining The Upheaval: The idea of taking down the government is very appealing to Roman, because revolutions are both extremely rare, and extremely risky to those involved.

Skills and Equipment: This would be quite a long list...must it really be stated?

skyline339
03-20-2011, 05:01 AM
hows this profile?

Wanted: Dead or Alive

Name: Zellitha Darkerence

Appearance:

- A tall athletic and powerful Brunette.
- Sharp featured face, with two unmatching eyes.
- Right eye is a synthetic model, Model number XF-1447 Dyntech limited edition
- Brown hair has a strange metallic look to it, slightly shiny
- Body shape is superbe, but has been rebuilt mulitple times
- Her back has a history of surgery and implants. rebuilt spinal collum, tubular imputs for flued replacements on upper back
- Arms have been rebuilt
- Right leg has been rebuilt
- Hands badly battered, synthetics viewable underneth the skin.
- Always wears gloves

If you see her do not interact with her, she is very dangerous. Please call your local law enforment agency.

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz313/skyline339339/TanyaRA2.jpg

This is what she looked like before the accedent.

Personality: Very demanding, and very powerful. Will always push for what she wants, including killing. She does not like waiting around for things to happen, she will prefer to go for it right away. Does not like working with others, but will if the need arises.

Background, History: Zellitha is a convict, waiting for her turn on deathrow. But it wasn't always like this, before her sentincing, she was a well respected member of the law enforcement. Her tacticle mind and ability to rebuild a plan in a firefight earned her high status and rewards. She had many issues during mission, one where she had been caught in a blast, dealing massive trauma to her own body, and paralizing her, ripping off her arms. If it wasn't for her skills, the law syndicate wouldn't have put so much money into her to rebuild her.

It wasn't until the Bloody Marie case, that her life went down the drain. Her mission was for her and her team to guard and watch over a high ranking political figure. Due to the fact that one of her most trusted partners, and her lover, was bought out by an opposing political party, the mission was a faliure, the figure was killed. The night that this incident had happened, her lover planned the entire thing out, killed the figure and the team, and left her to deal with the law on her own.

In a turn of events, two days before her execution, a large prision riot exploded. Many prisioners had escape that day, including Zellitha. All the implants her body has recieved has had an impact upon her brain, thus forcing herself to undergo nural surgery, to stabalize herself. Now she is a Mercenary, addicted to Stimpack, but still very deadly.

Reason(s) for joining the Upheaval: At one of the local bars, she had overheard a few people talking about certain political figures. Normally she wouldn't care, but the name of her betrayed came up, what she would do to have his head.

Skills and equipment: Her skills hold an impressive resume. Her training consists of basic police and utilites training, Special Weapons and Tactics training. After the explosion, and her body had been rebuilt, she had been trained in the use of heavy weapons and snipers.

Her implants are as followed
- Duel arm replacements (DynTech Nurosteel and hydrolic systems) for her original arms which had been blown off.
- Right leg replaced (DynTech Nurosteel and hydrolic systems) for her original leg which had been badly damaged.
- Synthetic left eye (DynTech XF-1447 DynTech Limited Edition targeting/heat/x-ray policing eye)
- Brain implants, regulating her mind and holding it in check as not to allow her mind to snap into pieces.
- Heart monitor and rebuilt ribs
- Fluid imputs on the lower neck and upper back area

Xanthuss
03-20-2011, 06:13 AM
Lol, *pokes Gab's suit* Equipped with the latest in invisibility shielding tech :)
Of course he can't use it always, but when guarding Damien in meetings and the office and such things he would use the invisibility.

Selothi
03-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Come to think of it, having members with letters for names is rather easy to remember. So far I have A, K and X. Not bad.

Anyway, K. He's good, just don't RP him as toooo über. Knowledge and experience-wise, sure, have a field day, but while I'm far from against the idea of neurologically controlled clones, I reckon the majority of them aren't going to have much personality. And a man of his age must have enough contacts to know about even the slightest ripple across the water, i.e: the Upheaval.

As for Zellitha, I'm thinking maybe her betrayer was bought off by the Upheaval or something, and therefore she'd have a bone against them and would want to get back at them ? Of course, She wouldn't know or learn this straight away, but it would show the good and bad sides of the Upheaval in a way.

Anyway, I need to get my muse on and start up the IC. But first, my character sheet !

Name: Arno Merton
Appearance: A bushy mohawk, long at the front and thinning to barely passed the skin towards the top back of the skull, spiked by gel, crown the head of this young man, bearing a face who's mix of anxiety and caution splayed across it betray the man's constant slight sense of unease. A brow neither strong nor weak, crested with pale blond hairs and nestled beneath a backwards sloping forehead adorn a pair of deep-set, small eyes, usually slightly squinting, their dreary grey matching the paleness of his skin. Small pieces of metal, piercings at first glance, embedded onto the bone beneath his nose and at the sides of his eyes, are actually sockets for lenses to correct his slightly impaired vision, though Arno hardly ever wears them, despite the tight fit and guarantee that nothing will jolt them out. Additionally, a few scars earned from fights and getaways brand his skin, one a few inches long at the top of his nose, another one, longer, on the right side of his lower jaw.

A mouth mostly ajar and full lips reign over a shy chin, all of this covered in a thin beard of darker blond, chin usually tucked into the high collar of Arno's khaki green leather trenchcoat, the same one that lost him his place in the Upheaval all those years ago. The thick material, zipped along the middle and bearing many pockets, straps and such, with a zip-up hood covering all of his face but for two plexiglas eye holes, hides from view the man's slim build, though he's by no means a weakling. For sure, not a goliath among men, but most of the fibres of his body are in fact muscle, taut and ready, and there's not a peck of fat to be found on him.

Underneath the coat he'll usually be found wearing brown, grey, black t-shirts, cheap and durable, his arms tucked into brown fingerless synthetic gloves. The left one bears a square hole at the base of the wrist from which can unfold a telescopic lockpick, an illegal augment that nonetheless helps him greatly. Getting used to an articulated piece of metal grafted onto the bones of your wrist is rather strange at first, but he got used to it.

Random cargo pants, pockets usually full of either junk or fluff are fastened by a thick belt bearing a few pockets: wallet, coins, mobile, some spare wires to splice cables, chewing-gum, lots of it (he feels addicted to it at times), a lighter and a portable camera, these can all be found at one time or another on his person. In any case, his trousers are tucked into large yet thin combat boots, usually partially un-laced. Large mainly due to his huge feet.

The most notable feature Arno possesses is the hearing augments (http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u342/Selothi/CyberBoy_by_FLOWERZZXU.jpg) grafted onto the flesh of his ears: looking like heavy metallic ear-pieces, they extend inside his ear hole and around the lobe, one part curving behind the convex part of his lower skull to connect to the other ear-piece. These are attached to efficient neuro-motors occupying the most of the sides of his head, and allow the brain to receive and process the additional and more complex information the augment receives when activated. Due to this, Arno had to have the sides of his head removed of hair for good with laser treatment, and thus is left only with a mohawk for hair.
Background, History: Arno has only recently emerged from the self-loathing his failure at finding Lara again burdened him with. After losing his only chance at joining the Upheaval, he spent most of that year as a bum: no money, no education, and barely any street wisdom. Slowly, he turned to the only option he saw at the time: crime. He lacked the stomach to kill, but he stole, and soon found out he was good at it. Pick-pocketing, simple robberies, picking locks and easy safes, these soon became common place. At first he found the jobs, kept the money, was a one-man team out only to survive in the Downtown of Cloudtop, very rarely venturing more than Quarterway high. Slowly though, as the list of small jobs got greater and greater, he finally decided he had enough experience and talent to join the proper Underworld. It took months; not as long as finding Lara, but long enough; to get in touch with a don, but one who had standards, and overall a good man actually.

He learned to fight hand to hand, though he's mostly good at surprise take downs or grabs and chokes, and learnt how to fire a gun. He learnt the basics of splicing and disabling electronics from near or afar, rudimentary explosives for distractions, nothing major, the proper tools of a thief or burglar. The jobs came to him now, offers and contracts, alone or together with other artists of his trade. He like the Underworld, or at least this part of it. He knew it could get ugly out there, in fact he was already affected by it: he'd become addicted to a soft drug: Mentats. Pills that made you sharper, quicker about your wits, and lasted a good night. At first, he could shake off the feeling of dizziness as he woke up the next morning, but more and more, he found it harder to cope with the lack.

He became way more nervous and stressed than before; just as smart, only now feeling the second edge of the sword he'd so readily grabbed. They were cheap too, he had a dealer, a friend you might say. It didn't help. He hasn't gone off them since, and at times, his bloodshot eyes and slight mumbling show he's battling to keep hold of his mind, and losing.

Nevertheless, he now has a name for himself. It's just Arno. He hasn't made the difference he wanted to make when first joining the Upheaval, or trying anyway, but he's lived life to a relative full, learnt more and earned more. It's not that bad. He still wonders what would happen if he met Lara. He seriously has no idea whether it would be his hate for having abandoned him or his relief that he caught sight of her again that would win the tug of emotional war, and frankly, there's no need to worry. It won't happen ...

Personality: When on the job, he's quick, not overly talkative and grows more and more cautious as the days go by. He is as professional as it can get, though he does rush things to avoid upping his chances of being caught, which has led to mishaps before. Nonetheless, the reason he's so well-known is that whatever formula he applies, it works. When not on the job he's a lot less ... efficient at everyday life. Without Mentats, he's clumsy, stutters ever so slightly, and gripped by a mixture of over-caution often labelled as paranoia though really, it's a sort of social insecurity or anxiety, which he blames on his past, of which no-one knows much. He's kept it a secret for a strong reason, it'll take an even stronger person to wrench it away from him.

Reason(s) for joining the Upheaval: He was young and without a future, yet that twinkle in his eye showed he wanted to make a difference. Back in the day, he thought he knew how much better the world could be; indeed, he'd always felt this wasn't good enough. But after his failure ... He gave up. He was truly and utterly convinced he'd never get a second chance, that they had their name and the name of his contacts on a black list of people to ignore the very existence of. He thought it was over, that he'd never even see anything even remotely linked to the Upheaval in any way. He was about to be proved wrong ...
Skills and equipment: As detailed above: he's a good verging on almost excellent thief in most domains where there isn't hi-tech or highly physical needs, good with most accessible technology though, has experience of the workings at street-level, and when appeased by Mentats, has an excellent head on his shoulders. He can fight, though he'd rather have the element of surprise on his side, and carries a pocket knife and a hand-held taser the size of his palm about him, usually hidden inside his trenchcoat. When on a mission, he'll usually be given a handgun, though he doesn't possess one himself.

Selothi
03-20-2011, 08:41 PM
IC THREAD IS UP PEOPLE ! (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=550516#post550516)

GraftRaven
03-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Just to be absolutely clear, where are we supposed to be?

/awkward question

Selothi
03-20-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm not used to dictating where people should be at the start of an RP as long as it isn't on another continent. I've made it so that if anybody wants to be affected by my post, they can be, but if you'd rather start somewhere else there's room for that. Unless you want us to all randomly meet in a bar, but that stretches my disbelief a little bit too far. There'll just have to a nice dollop of convenient coincidences that make the various characters cross paths, but I'm not going to tell you where to be.

Am I being too liberal ? That's always how I've started in RPs.

GraftRaven
03-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Nah, not too liberal, there was just no mention of where we should be and I didn't want to mess up on my first post XD

Selothi
03-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Yeah, sorry, the way I see it I haven't got much authority to tell you "START HERE, BITCH !". I give the setting, the initial circumstances and the go signal. Not much else.

skyline339
03-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Hey how graphic are we alowed to be?

GraftRaven
03-20-2011, 11:30 PM
I thought I'd start trying to loosely tie us together, I hope you don't mind.

Selothi
03-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Hey how graphic are we alowed to be?

What do you mean by that ? Drugs, gore, sex ? I'd avoid the latter two if they're just for the hell of it, we aren't in the Mature section and if there isn't actually a need for it, all it'll do is land you in trouble.

skyline339
03-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Alright I'll keep it in mind :) well I'll be posting when I get home tonight, iPhone isn't the easiest way of posting.

SQJ
03-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Wow I can't believe how fast you guys posted. I've only just finished reading. the best part is that thier all not one liners. You guys may actually be faster posters than I am, and thier all cool posts... Holy crap, I feel like I'm going to be that guy... the Role play version of the Grenade*The ugly girl in a group of hot chicks, in case you were lost*....Crap...I'll post today though.

Selothi
03-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Good thing about the ugly girl among the hot chicks ? You make us look better :P

Nah, it's all cool, don't worry man.

skyline339
03-21-2011, 10:59 PM
I may wait a little before I post again, just to see what happens with some of the other characters

SQJ
03-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Hey posted.
I hope its cool.

Xanthuss
03-22-2011, 02:32 AM
Sorry about my delay in posting, I wrote three diffrent replies and then decided none of them were any good :/
I'll try again soon.

Selothi
03-22-2011, 06:00 PM
I may wait a little before I post again, just to see what happens with some of the other characters

You do that. I like to keep a semi-order. For first posts, let everyone post once, and maybe even let me post again (I'll tell you in this OOC if you should wait for my green light) before y'all do another post. As a general rule, let as many people as possible post before one of you post again, otherwise we end with time loops where characters are further into the future and it stretches one's imagination too far to try and make it all seem coherent. Got it worms ? :P

i.e: K hasn't posted once yet, let's let them get a post in, and I'll probably do a post tomorrow afternoon. Like that, almost all of us will be at the nightclub, increases potential for a few of us meeting up.

Sorry about my delay in posting, I wrote three diffrent replies and then decided none of them were any good :/
I'll try again soon.

Don't worry, it took me a whole day of pacing my room and procrastinating to come up with the IC post. No fuss.

skyline339
03-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Hey is anyone else going to post?

SQJ
03-24-2011, 11:36 PM
We were told to hold off...till the S dude tells us we can post again...

GraftRaven
03-24-2011, 11:38 PM
I'll see if I can think of something to put up.

SQJ
03-24-2011, 11:46 PM
that'll be great. My paranoa works over time and i get drepressed when an RP stops or falters on my post.

Selothi
03-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Well, I've messaged K to see if he's going to post or not. He was active just this morning so yeah. If I don't get a reply by this evening I'll post (which I was planning to do since Wednesday, but the week has been hell and hey, let me finish shrugging off my hangover please).

So yeah. No paranoia to be had, just trying to establish a posting order. I like things neat and tidy, otherwise like I said some RPers steal the spotlight and advance too farr in their respective subplots and become way harder to attach to the rest of the group, or if they DON'T go far enough in time posts can end up being squeezed out and rather inane.

EDIT: K has dropped out, college work swamping and stressing him out. For the time being, their character has never existed, but they allowed me to use him if I wanted to, so I might fit the old man in at some point.

SQJ
03-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Sorry for the K dude, that sucks, hope things clear up for him again.

So what happens now?

Selothi
03-26-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm writing up a post right now, then y'all let loose again.

EDIT: Not particularly proud of it, I don't advance the action much further, except adding the notion of added patrols pretty soon (thinking about SQJPURE if your dude is fleeing into the streets he'll have that to deal with) and having Arno in the nightclub along with everyone else. I'm damn tired and gonna get some sleep. Night all.

GraftRaven
03-29-2011, 01:55 AM
I'll have something up probably around this time tomorrow...

just an update XD

Xanthuss
03-29-2011, 03:28 AM
Excuse my post, I wrote one and posted it and then I decided I really didn't like it.
Curses on having no delete post feature on Vbulletin.

skyline339
03-29-2011, 03:54 AM
I'll be posting tomorrow in the morning I think! Been really busy but I'll get to it.

Ushima
03-29-2011, 04:05 AM
i as well. got a three hour block between classes, plenty of time to come up with something

Selothi
03-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Excuse my post, I wrote one and posted it and then I decided I really didn't like it.
Curses on having no delete post feature on Vbulletin.

Can't you politely ask our benevolent overlords (the mods) to delete it ? Trying to edit one in before the others post probably wouldn't work, unless you didn't advance in any way the action in the nightclub.

Xanthuss
03-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Well acctually I had Gab start a nightclub riot, because he shot someone who tried to knife Damien, so i will ask the mods to delete :)

skyline339
03-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Ahhhh the difficulties of writing a cool post, let's see 5th try now :P it's gotta be perfect lol

GraftRaven
03-31-2011, 11:12 PM
Alright, I'll be honest and blunt, I haven't the foggiest idea where to go next. Would anyone like to co-op? Or we could bounce ideas off each other and see if we can start something interesting.

Xanthuss
03-31-2011, 11:37 PM
Same X, I have no idea what to post about now :/

Selothi
04-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Having a hangover does not help my creativity, but let's see, fine fine fine.

Hows about ... A police raid ? We've got a murdered cop and a shady nightclub that's known to not be altogether legal. Having the cops round up the patrons would give us a lot of chaos and possibility for interaction. I'm trying to think of things that could get your characters into trouble with the police:

Zellitha obviously, 'cos she kinda killed the guy.

Jet might need a license or something for fighting ?

Arno has drugs on him.

Damien ... either his bodyguard gets him into trouble or something, maybe a cop makes a move on Damien and Gab punches him in the face, starting aggressive action ?

We're just left with Cypher who I doubt the cops have anything on. Maybe he tries to escape through a back door, mistakenly goes into the don's office where Arno is ? That would get the don pissed off enough that escaping would be a good option. From there we've got to find a way of getting characters together in this "escape from the nightclub" plan.

Thoughts ? Criticism ? Miracle hangover cure ? Please tell me.

GraftRaven
04-02-2011, 02:27 PM
There was a hangover thread on here that had more than a few good ways to get rid of them... somewhere in Downtown or the General Discussion section.

Cypher probably has explosive residue on him from assembling a batch of bombs not too long ago, so getting caught would be bad. Plus, if I do say so myself, he looks like he's up to no good all the time. Even without the explosive residue the cops would probably detain and question him for some time. XD

Selothi
04-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Perfect, so we've all got plausible reasons to be caught the fuzz, just means I have ti do a story post sometime and get that little batch of trouble started.

GraftRaven
04-02-2011, 02:58 PM
I could probably start it for you, i've got an idea or two... and I need something to do.

That is, if you allow me.

Xanthuss
04-03-2011, 04:39 AM
Replied, I love your idea Selothi, though I didn't know it existed till after I posted... So I may have deviated from the plan a little tiny bit.

Selothi
04-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I kinda told it to X and forgot to put it in the OOC, but you seem to have gotten the gist of it and it was exactly Gab that I was expecting to start shit up properly.

Anyway, just one problem: I've got no qualms with you having a Bond car, but the aim of us all being in a nightclub was to try and start sticking together. If you already have a plan for reconnecting with the group afterwards, that's fine, and I realise Damien isn't quite the same type of character as us more down-to-earth scum, but we're still going to need to interact at some point though.

More concerning is that it's going to take us several posts to get out of this situation at the nightclub. While that's happening, either Damien is going to get farther and farther away from the main group, which story-telling-wise would be fun, but personally, I've already tried having my character do it solo for a portion of the RP, and found it rather hard. If you've got plans, feel free to tell me, but in any case we're going to have get you into contact with this group of people, once this group of people form.

Now now, two explosions in Cloudtop in one night ? My my, the proverbial shit has hit the proverbial fan.

GraftRaven
04-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Neither the shit nor the fan is really proverbial.... who's to say in a barfight hmm?

(For some reason I've been extra crazy today... pay no mind)

Xanthuss
04-04-2011, 04:03 AM
Lol, yes. I'll think out how to get Damien back to the nightclub... not that it makes any sense that he would go back there just to get arrested.

Selothi
04-04-2011, 06:10 PM
He doesn't need to come back to the nightclub, but maybe stop somewhere where we'd meet up with him, or maybe he knows the don ? Or some shit like that. I need to do a post and get this stuff moving, but I am, physically, too knackered to do it right now. Either later on tonight or some other time. I must do it before Wednesday though, fo' sho'.

Xanthuss
04-05-2011, 02:13 AM
Yeah, ok. He can know the Don.

Maybe Damien provides an emergency safehouses for times like this and he meets up with them their?

Selothi
04-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Sounds good. In my post I'll also RP the don properly and probably establish a phone call with Damien and join up with him once we're out of the nightclub, something like that ?

Xanthuss
04-06-2011, 04:03 AM
Yep, sure :)

Selothi
04-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Posted. At the moment, we've got A sorted for leaving the nightclub, X and Ushima in gear, I don't know about skyline and SQJ what you're doing.

Feedback, thoughts, lactose ?

SQJ
04-08-2011, 10:44 PM
I guess the most logical solution would be me going back down and taking a chance by dealing with a serail killer and offering my escape route which I created out of parania. I'll have to talk to sky first though...

GraftRaven
04-09-2011, 12:04 AM
Sel, I believe that in the last bit of your post you mean 'two newcomers' not 'three newcomers'.

Anyway, I'll probably wait until Sky and Pure are on their way out, then I'd be delighted to jump down that lift XD (put-downs and sarcastic comments free of charge)

Selothi
04-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Oh, um yeah. Well ya know, in the grand scheme of whole numbers, two and three really aren't that different. In fact, they're infinitely close when compared to the vastness that infinity can reach, so yeah, I'm not that wrong, right ?

Okay, I'll go edit the damn thing :P

skyline339
04-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Hey sorry about the, almost no exhistant bit xD, I've been really busy with college and stuff, but I should have some time to post after work today :)

Selothi
04-10-2011, 08:31 PM
No need to apologise about work and procrastination to me: the former I don't understand, the latter I embody. :P

GraftRaven
04-10-2011, 11:13 PM
lol.

skyline339
04-12-2011, 08:12 AM
Well as of this moment, I don't know if I should post or not. I think SQJPURE has an idea, for maybe the both of us. I don't know, so yeah xD

SQJ
04-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Yeah I kinda do....I'll pop up a post. My posting been kinda weak of late becuase of all the writing projects I've assigned myself but I'll have one up before I leave for work today.

To be honest I'm not 100% following the poeple in that other side of the RP(With the Don and stuff). but I'll reread everything and hopefuly get a better understanding of all the poeple invovled with the don dude.

Selothi
04-12-2011, 05:07 PM
What's going on so far is a major fuck-up at nightclub level: My character Arno was busy getting told off by the Don, owner of the nightclub and the gang Arno belongs to. He's a rather important figure of the Downtown underworld, not least of all for his rather "noble" morals when it comes to crime. As Arno and him were talking, Cypher, X's character, barged into the room. Seems X has had dealings with the man. Moments later, Jet, Ushima's character, barges in there too and similarly has met him once or twice.

It's a bit hard on the suspension of disbelief, but it gets three players together. A and I (fucking capital letter names :P) will sort out a way of getting Damien and our small group to meet up, given that Damien has sped off in a getaway car blowing up another police car while he's at it. You two, skyline and you, will be getting back to the floor your room is on and you'll be finding some way of escaping (Brendan's escape contraption maybe ?) and we might just find a way of meeting up, or it might have to wait a bit, whatever.

SQJ
04-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Yeah okay got it. I was confused as to big dady but now I get it thanks!

And yes the was my plan. Those chips added onto the chips I have now will make my hacking skills awesome(Dont worry not goverement hacking awesome just yet but that is a target of mine as a form of character development*More chips stronger PC but ALOT! are needed*, I hope that's cool.) I was thinking of maybe creating a friendship with Sky's character so she'd help me score enough chips to become a super hacker but I guess I'll pm her on it later.

skyline339
04-15-2011, 07:41 AM
WOW, I just watched the Godfather, and I feel really inspired to go deeper into the Mafia feel of this RP. There could be so much depth and story for each individule character, even without the action. Keep pushing it and make it legendary xD and also hurry up so I can post again. *Begins writing more story, depth and plot for my character*

Selothi
04-15-2011, 08:28 PM
So, there's X and Ushima left to post right ? I'm completely nackered, so I'm not keeping track very well.

GraftRaven
04-15-2011, 09:57 PM
I believe so yes, I will post sometime over the weekend.

You get knackered a lot, don't you Sel?

SQJ
04-15-2011, 09:58 PM
I honestly dont believe it...I drink allot....but this is more than me....Impossible!!

Selothi
04-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Nah, just had an 0.5L of 8.4% Amsterdam Navigator last night, but the whole week has really tired me out, I was in a fairly shitty mood since Wednesday and just kept getting more and more tired. Honestly, 6 hours of sleep every night when you're a teenager isn't good.

GraftRaven
04-16-2011, 03:11 PM
No, no its not... but some times it has to be done.

Selothi
04-16-2011, 08:23 PM
It doesn't have to be done, but sadly it is ... the whole fucking time. I work more hours per week than a paid adult for fuck sake :P

Xanthuss
04-20-2011, 07:58 AM
We aren't going to let this die are we? :(

Selothi
04-20-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm still waiting on X and Ushima to respond to my post. Failing that, I'll just powerplay them to go down the fucking lift and we can move on.

Also, WHY YOU CALLED ANTLERS NOW ? WHY YOU CHANGE NAME SO OFTEN ?

GraftRaven
04-20-2011, 11:24 PM
sorry, sorry >.< post momentarily...

Xanthuss
04-21-2011, 03:48 AM
I was sick of A and the Alphabet gang closed down :)
I've only changed twice XD

Selothi
04-21-2011, 07:39 PM
*Just*

I've never changed goddamn username, man !

Also, cool beans X, 'cept one thing: the gravitic lift is like a shaft of antigravity that lifts you up or down. As such, you step into the gravity tunnel one person at a time and it sends you down, rather than like a metal box you walk into and push a button, meaning that the first person to get in might fall a fair way before antigravity kicks in.

Or am I not understanding your post properly ?

GraftRaven
04-21-2011, 08:37 PM
You've read it properly, I'll fix that soon
.. I've got a three hour car ride ahead of me.

Selothi
04-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Fun fun fun in the sun !

EDIT: Okay peeps, two posts up. Alongside that, I'm off on holiday tomorrow for just under a week, meaning I won't have access to the RP for that long. If any of you buggers let this die, I'm going to personally jump through my computer screen when I get back home and kick your asses, ok ?

So yeah, happy posting !

skyline339
04-27-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm just waiting for a certain person to post :P

GraftRaven
04-27-2011, 09:44 PM
And I just posted... don't want to screw with the order.

Selothi
05-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Right, I'm back people. What next ? Antlers is next in line to post, right ? D'ya have any idea how you're bringing Damien back in the action around the nightclub, or are you waiting a bit ?

X, Ushima and I need to deal with two broken legs and lots of agonised screams, and depending on how far SQJ and skyline got, we might be able to hook up with them.

Xanthuss
05-04-2011, 03:49 AM
Oops, I didn't know it was my turn to post...

Let me think about it... I'll try and have a post up pronto.

Mr.Cynic
05-04-2011, 03:50 AM
Is this still accepting?

Xanthuss
05-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Replied. It is a bit quick, but its okayish..

Selothi
05-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Eh, slight problem. How the hell does Gab get through the huge amount of police still inside the nightclub ? (And I don't think it's on fire either) It'd probably be more sensible for him to search the adjoining streets or something, I don't know. Why does Damien even think the Don betrayed him ? Without wanting to sound overly critical, there's no need to rush posts, that goes for you mate as much as the others. I don't expect a post to be written up the minute I waggle a finger.

So yeah, no need for so much haste, I far prefer a good thought-out post rather than a rushed one just to fill in a gap. Again, not meant to sound mean, but this is first and foremost story-telling, not quick-posting. And because it's my RP I immediately want it to be perfect, 'cos it's MY BABY !!! :P

SQJ
05-04-2011, 11:28 AM
I think you missed Clyde's question dude. He asked if the RP was still open

Selothi
05-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Ah shite, thanks for that Pure :P

Umm, PM me with what character you had in mind and we'll see. Now now now, "Clyde". This is freaky, a guy with your exact username joined this RP when I hosted it on another site months back. Coincidence ?

Xanthuss
05-05-2011, 03:55 AM
Eh, slight problem. How the hell does Gab get through the huge amount of police still inside the nightclub ? (And I don't think it's on fire either) It'd probably be more sensible for him to search the adjoining streets or something, I don't know. Why does Damien even think the Don betrayed him ? Without wanting to sound overly critical, there's no need to rush posts, that goes for you mate as much as the others. I don't expect a post to be written up the minute I waggle a finger.

Oops, I thought it was burning, lol D:
As for the Police, I think he came in through a back door, I didn't describe things well did I? D:

Selothi
05-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Well, the smashed in door that leads to the Don's office is directly connected to the main area of the nightclub, which is full of cops and people. So yeah, aside from the dangerous gravitic lift, there's no other entrance to the office.

Xanthuss
05-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Oops! D:

Xanthuss
05-05-2011, 11:37 AM
I edited the post, and before you say something, no Gab can't break cement or steel or anything, but I'd imagine a night-club would be cheap balsa blocks or cheap bricks, of bad quality, so It'd be easy to break.

Selothi
05-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Cheap plaster, balsa and a bit of wallpaper. Nothing a genetically enhanced cyborg can't beat through :P

skyline339
05-06-2011, 04:05 AM
So whose turn is it to post, and uh maybe we should make a posting list lol

Selothi
05-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Mainly to move the plot along, either X, Ushima or me, which then allows Antlers to respond and then you two to get on with your thing without looking like you're monopolising the whole RP.

Aye ?

GraftRaven
05-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Sorry about that, post coming along.

Xanthuss
05-08-2011, 01:05 AM
X, you seem to have ignored the fact that Gab is now in the said office.

GraftRaven
05-08-2011, 01:33 AM
And thus the edit feature shall save my ass again.

Xanthuss
05-08-2011, 06:03 AM
Lol, praise for the almighty edit!

GraftRaven
05-08-2011, 06:06 AM
Indeed.

Xanthuss
05-10-2011, 06:14 AM
Whose turn is it now? Am I supposed to post, or someone else first?

skyline339
05-10-2011, 08:24 AM
I think you are

Selothi
05-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Go for it if you want.

Like I said, loose posting order. We're divided into two groups, so as long as the people in each group post in a fairly orderly order, s'all fine to me.

Xanthuss
05-11-2011, 06:00 AM
Okay, I will go post now then :)

Selothi
05-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Sorry about the inactivity guys, been bogged down with work and mood swings, none of which help me sit down and simply write something out. If you want to continue posting, go ahead, if y'all want to let this die, so be it. You'd just be a lazy bunch of gobshites is all, even worse than me !

GraftRaven
05-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Nope, won't let it die.

Even if I have to hunt down Naz to resurrect it.

skyline339
05-17-2011, 09:09 AM
I'm just waiting for more posts before I can continue. I want to figure out whats going on between some of the other characters, and if we begin to interract with others as well!

Selothi
05-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Righty-ho, I'll see about maybe posting later on in the evening if I let procrastination take the better of me.

Xanthuss
05-19-2011, 05:27 AM
Excuse my lack of posts, my computer has died and I'm now at the library.
Sorry, I won't be able to post for a while, so continue with out me. Someone can take control of Gab temporarilly if they want.

Selothi
05-22-2011, 08:40 PM
I POSTED BITCHES ! I FUCKING POSTED !

Finally. I'm assuming control of Gab, using my awesome GM powers as justification.

People, let this RP continue !

skyline339
05-28-2011, 01:15 AM
I'm sorry that I have been inactive for a few days, life is getting a little busy. But now I'm back so expect a post sometime today, or tomorrow from me :)

Selothi
05-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Coolsome. X has his finals this week, so understandably I doubt he'll be posting much, Antlers still seems AFK due to computer problems, and Ushima hasn't shown any signs of interest for this RP. So I'm guessing that narrows us down to four people for the time being, until Antlers rises from the depths of non-PC-ness.

SQJ
06-02-2011, 02:46 AM
Dude you made it sound like it was my turn to psot! Its totally not!! Damn, making me feel pressred and obligated... grumble grumble..

Selothi
06-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Well I don't know do I ?! Nobody's posted in so long, I don't know where the story is. In fact, I don't know who any of you are ? What are you doing in my thread ? Who do you think you all are ?! Barging in here like that. And then you dare grumble grumble about me, eh ? Just look at yourselves !

Um, problem is, everybody's saying it's not their turn to post.

Xanthuss
06-03-2011, 04:51 AM
Is it my turn or not? :/

Selothi
06-03-2011, 12:22 PM
I think the word of the day is:

POST IF YA BLOODY WELL WANNA

What with people being absent or busy, and me not being too fussed about order as long as we get this thing moving, just let it flow basically.

Aye ?

GraftRaven
06-03-2011, 03:27 PM
You're a bit off aren't you?

Anyway, I find can find a way in i'll be posting sometime soon.

That is all.

Selothi
06-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Off ? As in, weird ? Past my best-before date ?

I think I might've been slightly inebriated at the time too. And in a good mood, which is never good.

NemolloH
06-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Still accepting? :D

Xanthuss
06-13-2011, 06:21 AM
I posted. Its short but I couldn't work out how to extend it.

Selothi
06-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Still accepting? :D

Honestly mate, myself and X at least are revising for finals (it's morning and I've just woken up which is why I'm here) and I'll then be AWOL until at least the 29/30th, with a hangover by then too, so unless you're willing to wait a bit for even the slightest chance that this RP gets back on track, you might want to look elsewhere.

If you really want to join this thing, sure but it won't be active for a while yet.

@Antlers: I'll go and have a read. Due to the above statement, don't wory about length :P