PDA

View Full Version : Scar's Pride [ The Lion King with a twist ]

Princess Izzy
03-13-2011, 04:17 AM
Here's the OOC: http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12761

And ill start now....

Scar stared down at the dry wasteland from the rock. His black mane whipped around in the wind. His face showed no emotion, just a blank stare. No, he wasnt exactly happy with the condition of the pridelands, but he refused to believe that it was his fault. It was their fault. They were all worthless. They should be ashamed to call themselves lions. How hard is it to find some food? It shouldnt be hard at all.

Vitani slept, curled up in her usual spot. She dreamt of green meadows swarming with antelope and wildebeast. It was a good dream at first. She was prancing around with her family. They were happy. Vitani didnt really know why she was dreaming something like this, this wasnt really the way she thought. She often thought of how good she has it now. She wasnt exactly plump but she was well-fed compared to the other lions in the pride. The dream began to shift into what would seem like a nightmare, but wasnt much of a fright to Vitani. The meadow caught on fire and she was caught in the center of a circle of fire with no escape. She'd seen worse.

giraffesrkewl
03-13-2011, 04:50 AM
Sarabi was down in the pridelands with many of the other lionesses. She groaned with a roar as she layed her head down on the rock she was resting on. They needed food, so badly. There was nothing, and even if there was, many of them wouldn't be able to catch it being so week. Sarabi was getting older too, and wasn't as fast as she was a year ago. He tail layed lifeless off the back of the rock, as all the lionesses stared at eacher, hopeless.

Kovu was curled up sleeping next to Vitani. He shifted around in his sleep and his little bit of mane made his nose itchy and he awoke with a sneeze. He made a little baby lion noise and stood up, shaking the dust from the rock floor off of him and then flicked his tail. After thinking about what to go do, he sat down.

Princess Izzy
03-13-2011, 05:03 AM
Vitani woke with a start when Kovu sneezed. "KOVU!" she snapped, "Knock it off!" She grumbled and shook out her pelt and sat down. She blinked sleepily and yawned, her tongue lolling out of her mouth and her teeth showing. After the yawn, she licked her chops and sniffed.

Scar continued to stare down, until Sarabi caught his eye. Ah, his beloved sister-in-law. He turned away from those below and made his way down to their level. Once his feet were on the ground, he walked toward Sarabi. "Hello my dearest," he said teasingly to her once she was within earshot.

giraffesrkewl
03-13-2011, 05:08 AM
Kovu looked at Vitani after she yelled at him. "Oh shut up Vitani!" He yelled back. He looked at her and pounced on her, pinning her underneath him as he roared a little cub roar.

Sarabi eyed Scar coming down from the rock, but when he spoke to her she didn't look at him. "No one has food Scar." Was what she said to him. "You will never be even close to the leaders Simba and Mufasa were!" She said picking up her head and standing on the rock, now facing him. She was sick of this. They would all be dead soon. All Sarabi could ask for was another male to take over and take Scar's place. But, there were no males besides Scar's son, well, adopted son.

Princess Izzy
03-13-2011, 05:28 AM
Vitani yowled and kicked him off before lunging at him and tackling him. She pinned him down and barred her teeth, she wasnt playing, she was really annoyed with him. He'd woken her from a perfectly good nap.

Scar roared in frustration and got all up in her face. "Dont you dare," he hissed. He bared his teeth, his eyes narrowed to slits. A few of the Hyenas and his following lionesses watched with eager eyes. None of them liked Sarabi, her being Mufasa's mate and all.

giraffesrkewl
03-13-2011, 05:36 AM
Kovu snarled when Vitani pounced on him, too. He wasn't playing around either. He was annoyed with her attitude. He had woken himself up from a perfect nap, too. "Get off me." He yelled at her, knocking her off of him. he glanced at the dust they had kicked up, and then looked at Vitani.

Sarabi looked at Scar with an eased, plain face. She hopped down from the rock with a small humph, and turned to him. "Scar. There is no food." She spoke in her soft way. "What do you expect us to do? Everything else has moved on." She said keeping her head held high. She braced herself for any response she would get from him.

Princess Izzy
03-13-2011, 05:56 AM
Vitani snapped at him once before she flicked her tail and left the cave. He was so annoying, it made her so mad. She sat down outside the cave and closed her eyes, taking in the scents of .. emptiness. She sighed and opened her eyes.

Scar grumbled. "Then go get some food and quit complaining." He flicked his tail and continued walking, walking past her and blahh

giraffesrkewl
03-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Kovu watched his annoying half-sister exit the cave and stuffed. He looked around for Zira, his mother, and couldn't find her. Maybe he should go find Scar then. He kept contemplating what to do as he exited the cave too, passing Vitani, and went to the edge of pride rock, looking out. He scanned the area for Scar, then noticed how horrible the land was. Everything was dead. Why? Why would Scar let everything get like that? He didn't even know. Things needed to change. He couldn't tell Scar that, because then Scar would turn on him. So, maybe he'd just have to keep quiet for now. Who really knew. All that thinking had been going on while Kovu went back down the rock and to the area will all the lions. He proceeded quietly and slowly, not knowing Scar's mood.

Sarabi looked at Scar. She shook her head. "Not even half the ruler.." She whispered, almost silently, as she turned and gathered with a few other lionesses to go out on a hunt. She starred out into the open area that had absolutely nothing to it, and headed out.

Princess Izzy
03-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Vitani stared after Kovu and sighed. She sat down and watched below, smiling a little when Sarabi and her group walked off to go hunt. They better bring me back something good, she said to herself. She really didnt think all this was so bad, it was just a drought. It happens. She lifted her nose to the sky and took a deep breath, hoping maybe she could smell a hint of rain. But she smelled nothing. She didnt exactly like the condition, but this is what her father wants, hes okay with it.

Scar laid down on a flat wrong and rested his chin over his front paws. His tail flicked every so often as he watched everyone around him. His eyes landed on his favorite son and thats where they stayed. He watched Kovu, thinking to the future. Kovu would make a great King.

dragoness93
03-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Down on a rocky platform laid little Kivali fast asleep, she dreamt that she was older and was out hunting antelope but then she woke to find that it was just a dream. Kivali stayed silent as she got up and stretched herself, looking towards the rest of the pride. The rather small cub was always quiet and hardly ever spoke unless completely nessecary and was a considerably good little cub, not rebellious, quiet, she knew where her place was and it was for that reason that few lions disliked her but few lions liked her as well, she was pretty much neutral. Kivali's eyes wandered down to where a few lionesses were standing and talking, she watched them with curious eyes. What could the lionesses have to talk about? She heard one of them complain about scar and she shook her head, why couldn't the lionesses just give up and accept their fate instead of whining about it?

Princess Izzy
03-14-2011, 12:11 AM
Okay, im on my phone and my phone doesnt let me do things such as skip down to the next line, so my post formatting might be a little weird. Bear with me.
Vitani looked over and noticed another cub. She didnt really know this cub, couldnt even remember her name .. Does it start with an A or a K ..? she asked herself. She sat there and stared at the cub, trying to figure out her name until she gave up. With a heavy sigh, she laid down and began licking her paws.

dragoness93
03-14-2011, 01:16 AM
Kivali's eyes were fixed on the lionesses for another moment but she decided to look away. Adults couldn't possibly have anything to talk about that would interest her so why did she even bother with eavesdropping? Sometimes she wished she had enough courage to talk to the other cubs but everytime she tried she would start to stutter or do something embaressing. Kivali looked around, the pridelands looked as dead as they could be, she was surprised that there was enough food to keep Scar's followers alive. The little cub stared straight ahead for a moment, lost in her train of thought before laying down on the stoney, cold platform that she had slept on from birth.

Princess Izzy
03-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Vitani's stomach growled and she sighed. She looked around. Where was her mother? She assumed maybe she was with Nuka .. but then where was Nuka? Her eyes landed on Kivali once again. "Hey! Uh .. you .." she said to the cub, still not knowing her name. "Have you seen my mom anywhere?" she asked, her tone was a little sharp and held a hint of impatience. It wasnt her fault her nap had been interrupted.

dragoness93
03-15-2011, 01:29 AM
Kivali looked up at Vitani. The sudden sound of Vitani's voice startled her, it had been a little while since she had last heard another lion cub speak to her. "M-my apologies b-but I d-do not know w-w-where queen Zira is." Kivali dipped her head in respect towards Vitani. Kivali jumped up a few large rocks trying to get closer to where Vitani was.

StormWolf
03-15-2011, 03:42 AM
The fabled Pridelands, a beautiful gem in the ruff, a paradise in the harsh lands of africa. Once upon a time, Zande would have been proud to have lived here, but no longer. The pride had faded and only waste remained. The Wasteland, that was what this sad skeleton of his home was all that remained. Zande sat his burly form down on the plain, the dry and withered plants crunching under his weight. The large male's eye scanned the wastes, patches of black infecting the landscape like necrosis

Zande felt the sting of tears in his eyes, his cheeks glinting with silver streaks of tears. Gazing upon the scorched earth, he could hear the cries of his son, Shaka, screaming from the darkest corners of his mind as flames surrounded the cub, and returned him to the earth. Zande remembered seeing the helplessness in Shaka's eyes, the pleading look on the cub's face as he locked eyes with his father. Zande shivered as the chilling memory that seared itself in to his brain the day it occurred.

His ears twitched at the sound of paw pads moving against the dried and dead earth. Zande reared his black maned head, his icy gaze catching the lionesses as they went out on another hunt. Zande locked eyes with Sarabi. Zande knew that to many in the Pride, he didn't exist. To others, he was garbage. Any male that lets his entire family die has a certain stigma about him, one of darkness, sadness, anger, and helplessness. There was a fire in Zande's eye, but it was cold and dark. The powerful lion respected Sarabi greatly and would give his life to keep her safe. Her kin were the greatest lions he had ever met, and he knew that even if he was dead to her, the two of them shared the same pain.

Zande turned and returned to Pride Rock, favoring a new set of wounds on his left foreleg. Scars bloody mongrels, unfortunately, knew full well that Zande existed, and took great sport in trying to bring the large lion down.

Getting up to the main stone slab of Pride Rock, Zande sat and laid himself down, hefting a sigh, searching the land and the skies for some reason to keep on living.

Princess Izzy
03-15-2011, 07:36 PM
@StormWolf, ... i wish i could rp like that .. xD i dont have a very large vocabulary .. or imagination :P
Vitani blinked at the cub, a little confused by the way she reacted. "Okay," she said, dragging the word out to reflect her confusion. Her electric gaze followed the cub's movements as she pondered why exactly she'd stuttered. Soon she decided the cub was scared of her - which probably wasnt the case, but what did she care? She should be scared of her, being Scar's daughter and all. "Who are you anyway?" she asked Kivali, her eyes running over the stripe on the cub's back a moment before meeting her gaze once more.

dragoness93
03-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Kivali looked thoroughly upset that once again she was forgotten. She would have to make a mental note to try harder to get noticed later on. "I am Kivali."She said this time not stuttering. Kivali sat down calmly, she looked to be a little uncomfortable but seemed to be fine otherwise. But on the inside Kivali felt worried, she was going to embaress herself by trying so hard to stay calm, it was natural for anything to fail if they tried too hard at som,ething.

Princess Izzy
03-16-2011, 02:07 AM
Vitani's eyes continued to follow Kivali's movements. When she spoke her name, her eyes lit up with realization, she knew it started with a K .. sorta. "Oh right yeah .. i knew that," Vitani said. Her stomach growled once more and she got to her feet. "Im gunna go find my mom .. bye .. " Turning away from the cub, she hopped from stone slab to slab before the pads of her paws slapped against the dry dirt. "Hey! Hey you!" she yelled to another cub. The cub did not know where Vira was. She made her way through the pride, avoiding the hyenas - they were creepy - asking eveyone where her mom was. Soon she just gave up and curled up by a rock. She watched everyone around her, hoping to see her mom somewhere.

StormWolf
03-16-2011, 03:05 AM
Zande lifted his head from its resting place on his paws and turned to the source of the racket. Two cubs were bickering, and as usual, Vitani was the aggressor. She needed to prove herself before she got the right to entitlement, at least that was the law before Scar usurped Pride Rock from the rightful bloodline. In normal circumstances, Zande would have straightened the little brat out, but she was Zira's daughter, and if trash like Zande even muttered a syllable to the princess, he would be beaten within an inch of his life. Instead, the large lion rose and strode over to the other cub, Kivali.

"Do not let someone intimidate you, child. Life is hard out here, even harder now, but you must be strong if you want to survive." Zande sat next to the cub, his good eye narrowing in Vitani's direction. Zande knew Kivali was loyal to scar, but the burly lion also knew that the timid would not last long, and Zande did not want the death of another cub on his conscious, even if it wan't one of his own.

"You have as much a right to a meal as she, and don't let her aggressive attitude tell you otherwise." he spoke in his low and gravelly voice, the voice of an old lion, though Zande was still in the prime of his adult years.

Princess Izzy
03-16-2011, 07:56 PM
Vitani sighed heavily, stirring up a small cloud of dirt. The princess grumbled and squinted her eyes to see through the dirt-cloud when a patch of black caught her eye. Her heart quickened with excitement, thinking it was it was her father, but when she stood she realized it wasnt. She didnt know who the lion was, but he was too thick to be Scar. With another sigh, Vitani laid back down and watched the lion talk to Kivali. Vitani began to wonder what he was saying, until she noticed him looking in her direction. She looked away and watched two lionesses instead.

dragoness93
03-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Kivali looked up at Zande and let out a sigh. Lions much larger than her usually did not treat her with such kindness yet there was something about this lion that she didn't particularly like. " I was born under Scar's reign, I know that I have a right to eat but there isn't much I can do now is there?"She asked, her voice held a tinge of venom. Kivali was happy with the life that she lived, she didn't have as good a life as vitani but she certainly had a better life than Simba's followers, she saw no reason for that to change just because she wants a little food.

Princess Izzy
03-16-2011, 10:08 PM
@dragoness, im too lazy to go back to my OOC thread, it loads too slow, so imma jus say that your second charrie is accepted. The only problem is his crush. Im okay with your charries crushing on each other as cubs, but when they are grown, please dont have them be mates. Sorry, its just one of my pet peeves.

Shani
03-17-2011, 02:18 AM
Zira had awoken early watching the sun rise. Before she left Zira looked at her sleeping family. What a life she lived, they lived. They had improved there way of life after Scar had beat Simba. Taking over Pride rock and everything in it. Now the only trouble was food was harder to find, as well as water. But it wasn't there fault it the others would pull there share everything would be fine. Zira went out for a walk, to get away for a while. Also, though it wasn't her job, she figured she'd look for something to eat or drink. Since the lazy lionesses weren't doing it properly. It shouldn't be too far or hard to look for something as she strolled along. As Zira walked she thought, 'Thank God we're out of those wreched outlands, the Pridelands are much better. There's more room, there was a vast amount of food and water, but there was a drought, so that's natural, If the other lionesses would do there job right and not scare the food away everythng would be prefect. What more could one ask? Loving cubs, my loving Scar, wonderful home,' her mind stopped when she heard something in the distance. She went quietly over to it and saw what they were looking for food. But Zira wouldn't be able to take them down alone, so she silently walked away. Once she was farther away, sghe began to run back to Pride rock. Upon arriving she egarly looked for Scar. After she spotted him, She ran calling for him. "Scar, Scar!!"

(I hope this is okay)

Princess Izzy
03-17-2011, 08:03 PM
@Shani, its great, the only thing that bothers me is grammar and spelling but i have a slight case of OCD so dont worry too much about it xD
Scar had fallen asleep. His ears twitched as his name was called, getting closer and louder each time. The voice was not familiar at first, so he didnt bother to move. Whoever it was should be perfectly capable of finding him. But soon his lids slowly slid to their usual - half-covering his piercing green eyes. As he sat up and lazily to his feet, he yawned and streteched. "Yes, my dear?" he said to Zira once she was within earshot.
Vitani's head shot up when she heard her mother's voice. "Mom?!" she yelled as she scrambled to her feet. She squinted at the running lioness in the distance. A toothy grin spread across her face before she bounded forward. "Mom! Hey mom!" She yelled in the direction of her mother and who she could now see was her father. They both would definately do something about her hunger.

Shani
03-18-2011, 12:30 AM
(Sorry it's hard working from my ipod.)

Zira didn't answer until she was near him. She smiled at him as she caught her breath. "Scar, you'll never believe what I found today, just a little while ago." She stated as she realized he had just awaken. "Somebody's sleepy?" She more so stated then asked. "While I was out I saw a herd of wildebeest, far out toward the west. Where is the hunting party, have they left already?" Zira asked still excited from the thrill of the run and of the news that there was food. She knew that the pride was hungry, including her family. Though they had been without food before, she hated the thought of her family being hungry. Zira heard her name being called, she looked around to see where it was coming from. She glanced and saw Vitani running, "Vitani is heading straight toward us." Zira stated to Scar though he probably already knew.

dragoness93
03-18-2011, 12:45 AM
@dragoness, im too lazy to go back to my OOC thread, it loads too slow, so imma jus say that your second charrie is accepted. The only problem is his crush. Im okay with your charries crushing on each other as cubs, but when they are grown, please dont have them be mates. Sorry, its just one of my pet peeves.

They wont be mates Kivali hates him.

StormWolf
03-18-2011, 01:01 AM
Zande sighed and let out a small chuckle as Kivali retorted with more spirit than was necessary, but he let it roll off his shoulders. She was young and idealistic, and knew only of a life lead by Scar. If she only knew how glorious life had been before Scar usurped Pride Rock. Back then, no one ever went hungry, and all lions were treated the same.

"I am not speaking solely of food, little one, but of survival. If you cower, you will be trampled. I simply don't want to see anyone else perish in this drought, be it from hunger, thirst, or a fight." Zande rose from his seated position, turning to face the cub briefly, a meek and concerned look on his face. He truly cared for the Pride as a whole, and he wouldn't wish what had happened to him on even Scar.

Princess Izzy
03-18-2011, 01:22 AM
@Dragoness, oh okay, was just makin sure ;)

Princess Izzy
03-18-2011, 01:43 AM
Scar watched Vitani as Zira spoke. He began to wonder where Kovu was, but shook the thoughts of his favorite away and looked back at Zira. "Sarabi and her group left not too long ago, though i doubt that worthless lioness has come anywhere near the wildebeast." He sighed heavily and looked at his cub as she began to speak.
"Mom," Vitani said before she crumpled to the ground, being a little too dramatic. "Im so hungry," she blinked her blue eyes up at her mother, looking as innocent and helpless as she could. But it was Vitani, any who knew the princess very well knew that she was not innocent nor helpless.
Scar returned his gaze to Zira. "Shall we send another hunting party or wait for Sarabi?" he asked the queen. His eyes slowly shifted down to Vitani, still sprawled on the ground, every so often.

Shani
03-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Zira brought her attention back to Scar. She let out a low growl, after hearing that they had already left. "Probably not, knowing her." She scoffed. When Zira heard her daughter she looked down at her, "Yes dear?" She asked. She looked back to Scar smiled then looked back down. "I know honey, we'll have food soon." She stated nuzzling Vitani. Zira knew she wasn't a perfect little angel, but that's how she liked it. She was her daughter after all. Zira stopped and looked at Scar, "If we wait for that lazy lioness, we might miss them." She stated flatly to the king.

Princess Izzy
03-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Scar nodded. "Agreed," he said softly. Sarabi was starting to really get on his nerves. Sometimes he wondered why he hadnt killed her as well, but other times, he knows exactly why; to make her life a living hell. He spotted Banzai and called him over.
Vitani watched as her father and the hyena spoke. Her eyes followed Banzai's every move, the hyenas scared her. Of course she knew that they had great respect for her father and would never hurt her, but still. They were the ones who did her father's dirty work, which was getting rid of anyone who ticked him off, it was kinda scary. She looked from Scar, to Zira, to Scar, to the hyena, and stopped when she looked at her mother again. "Where's Kovu?" she asked her.

Jacogos
03-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Nala got to her feet slowly as Sarabi approached. A hunting party? She sighed slightly. What a bother. It was hopeless to always be going out when there was obviously no food left, thanks to Scar. This was no ordinary drought, in Nala's mind. It was the land mourning the loss of not only Mufasa, but Simba as well. She mourned along with it.

As the party set out, Nala noticed the large male she knew as Zande. He was a great specimen of lion, but his heart and spirit was lost by the loss of his mate and cubs. A shame. He would probably make a great replacement for Scar. Nala grimaced to herself as the male passed out of sight. Anyone would make a good replacement for Scar, excepting Zira and their brat princess. She actually had slight hopes that Kovu, Scar's 'son', might be better than his 'father', but nothing great.

Shaking her head, Nala focused on searching for food that inevitably would not be there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Janja raised her head from her nap as Banzai was called over to Scar's side. Hmph. What could the 'great King' want now? Probably to complain to his loyal pet about the food shortage. Pah. Banzai always found a way to eat well, the fat pig. Raising up in anticipation to being called for something, Janja stretched slightly and rolled her head slightly to crack her neck, as well to get her bangs out of her eyes.

giraffesrkewl
03-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Kovu came out of pride rock and walked to the tip. He made small little noises as he gazed out into the horizon. He could see something was going on. He saw that the lionesses were heading off, probably to hunt, and that his mother and Scar were talking and everything. He looked backwards back into the cave. He couldn't fgure out where anyone else was.

Sarabi continued to lead the hunting party. "Nala, please come up front." She asked in her regular voice. Nala was her great friend, even though she was a lot younger. She was still her 'daughter-in-law' pretty much.

Princess Izzy
03-19-2011, 12:04 AM
Scar informed Banzai of the location of the wildebeast and watched him run off. (dont have anyone to play Banzai.. so ill jus do some of it for now) Banzai ran to his mate and repeated what Scar had said. His mouth had already started watering; he was starving. Scar looked up at the main rock slab of Pride Rock and back down to Vitani. "Kovu's up there," he stated bluntly as he sat down and looked at Zira. "Where's Nuka?" he asked curiously.
Vitani yawned and watched continued to watch her father bark orders and be all king-like. Her eyes lit up when Scar pointed Kovu out and she began making her way toward him, being sneaky about it. Once the princess was up by her halfbrother, she crouched low behind a rock and watched him.

Shani
03-19-2011, 01:00 AM
Zira sat down listening while Scar spoke to Banzai, about hunting. Zira periodically looked down at Vitani. She looked around, looking for Kovu, until Scar had said he was up on Pride rock. She looked back at him, "Nuka....hmmm...He's not here?" Asked Zira with the same curiosity in her voice.

dragoness93
03-19-2011, 01:18 AM
Masari sat on the edge of a small rock and watched scar and his family going about their daily lives. He did things like this everyday, he had nothing better to do so he decided to watch the others. He took a special interest in Kivali and Vitani, Vitani because she was merely interesting but Kivali because of a crush he has on her. Truth be told Kivali didn't do very much either and she despised him nearly as much as Scar despised Sarabi, almost. However, Masari did not loose hope, he one day would make Kivali love him, either that or he would get kicked in the face by an antelope but what were the chances of that?

Princess Izzy
03-19-2011, 01:31 AM
Scar shook his head. "Haven't seen him .." He glanced around the pride for his scrawny son but there was no sign of him. He was probably out trying to get food by himself, Nuka was always trying to impress Scar and Zira. It was obvious that he was jealous of Kovu, which wasn't very surprising. Kovu wasn't even Scar's cub yet he has been chosen as the next King. The position truly belonged to Nuka. But Scar didnt want Nuka to be ruler. He wasn't exactly smart and tended to act a little crazy, while Kovu was smart and dignified. Though Scar had no idea that Kovu's brilliance would soon lead him somewhere Scar didnt want him to go.

Shani
03-19-2011, 02:47 AM
"Hmm...He needs to stop disappearing." She stated flatly. Zira loves her son, She loves all of her cubs, but Nuka tries too hard. Plus he's been upset about not being choosen to take his place as the next king, It was given to Kovu. Kovu showed more promise.

Princess Izzy
03-19-2011, 02:59 PM
With a sigh, Scar laid down and rested his chin down onto his front paws. "He's going to get himself killed," he stated as if he didnt even care. It wasn't that he didn't care it was just .. well .. actually, he really didn't care. I mean, he did, but not as much as a father should. At times, Scar was ashamed to call Nuka his son. He was just so .. awkward. He was bigger and older than Vitani, yet Vitani could probably easily take him in a fight. But he couldn't deny being the father either, for Noku had the same build and color (im pretty sure?).

Wander
03-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Oddly enough, Scar's speculations were right. Nuka was going around looking for food himself. Though being just an adolescent, he was pretty much limited to what kinds of animals he could attack, though he was confident he could take down an antelope with his size... Okay, he was more or less still limited to pinning baby antelopes, but that didn't seem so bad to him. At least it'll get something in someone's stomach. Those lionesses weren't doing their job anyway, so it wouldn't hurt if he gave the hunt a try himself. It wouldn't be long until the adolescent caught sight of a herd of wildebeest, making a really large toothy smirk appear on his face. He was starting to have a fantasy enter his mind of the future. He was pinning a large wildebeest despite his size, taking it home, and both his parents were congratulating him and giving him praise. Afterwards, his father would reconsider the whole "next-king-of-Pride-Rock" position and give it to him. But the whole fantasy ended when something else entered his mind. Last time he tried doing this, except with a group of zebras, he ended up shooing them away instead of actually catching one, and his father pretty much blew up on him because of that. He started to shake his head and started to rethink his plan.

"Ooookaaaay... I am not going to chase those wildebeests by myself alright... They're in a just TOO perfect position. This might be my bad luck playing tricks on me again... Maybe if I just tell my parents about them and that they're heading to a dead end, that'll work- Waaaait... They're heading to a dead end..... THEY'RE HEADING TO A DEAD END! Oh, this is TOO GOOD to be true! Wait 'till mother hears about this!" He started to head of back to Pride Rock as fast as he could to inform the direction of the wildebeests' travels, jumping and prancing at some points being in such glee of his findings.

He soon reached Pride Rock and looked around for his parents to give word. After taking note of Vitani heading to Kovu's direction- Bleck. Kovu... He took notice of his parents conversing between each other. "AHA! Mother-! Father-!" Nuka said, gasping in between his speech. "Wildebeests! To the west! They're- Heading to a dead end!" His adrenaline slowly decreased in him, and finally his speech was becoming more straight. Taking a seat near them, he smiled and continued. "That's right! I took notice of a herd of wildebeests to the west, and I saw that they were practically heading towards a dead end. Of course, I would've taken one down myself if I wanted to, but I decided that I should probably tell you guys about it first since I know you said so yourself, mother dearest, that everything works out best when we all work together as one unit during any attack." He slightly lifted his head up in a gleaming look of being so proud of himself for what he discovered.

-----

Ime was within the den, laying down while resting her head on her forearms, thinking about a lot of things as time went by. She wasn't called to come along with Sarabi's hunting party that time around, so she had to stay in the den until further notice. She recently got into an accident while hunting, but luckily for her she wasn't left in a total bad state from it. She could still hunt actually, but out of safety, the lionesses told her to rest up just in case. The whole idea of someone caring for her safety actually made her smile. She was exposed all her life to a king that only cared for himself, so knowing that there were those who actually cared for others exist would somehow spark a sense of happiness within her.

There was a sudden commotion outside, and she lifted her head at the sound of it. Nuka was definitely a loud one since even Ime who was all the way in the den could hear him calling for his parents. She rolled her eyes at this and was about to go back to resting, until he started shouting about wildebeests. She then stood up and walked out of the den, curious as to what was going to happen. Passing by a sneaking Vitani and unknowing Kovu, she came closer to the area where Nuka and his parents were discussing in to have a better hear at their conversation.

Jacogos
03-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Nala was broken from her brooding when Sarabi spoke her name. Dropping her grimace, but still not exactly smiling, the younger lioness picked up her pace to meet up with her would-be-mother-in-law. Once alongside her, Nala matched Sarabi's pace, looking out of her peripherals at the once-Queen.

"You called, Sarabi...?" Nala said quietly. She couldn't blame the older cat, but talking to Sarabi always stirred old memories... Namely, that night in the jungle with Simba, and he later defeat at the hands of Scar... A tear welled up in Nala's eye, thankfully the one away from Sarabi, so she could blink it away without the older lioness seeing.

Janja rolled her eyes at her mate's actions. Of course he would be excited about food. Shaking herself free of any pebbles that might be stuck in her fur from lying down, Janja turned off and picked out a few hyenas to take along with her and Banzai. She didn't trust her mate to make a good choice in that matter, he would probably pick the brutes that would scare off the entire herd.

She had to admit, the thought of a whole herd of wildebeest made her mouth water as well, but she knew better than to think with her stomach, something that was different about her from the other hyenas, apparently. Banzai had stared listing all the different parts of the wildebeest and how good they would be right now, causing Janja to snarl and nip at him. "Shut up, Banzai. Just hurry up." With that, she sprinted off with the rest of the hyenas in tow towards the herd.

Princess Izzy
03-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Scar closed his eyes and drifted off, only to be interrupted by Nuka's yelling. He sighed and raised his head off his paws and watched the spastic prince quivering with excitement. Scar said nothing, he was still annoyed with his son after the past experiences with game. Out of the corner of his eye lingered a young lioness, who's name he did not know. What her reason for eavesdropping was, was also a question. He turned his head away from his family and eyed the young female curiously. He was tempted to confront her ... and ended up doing just that. "Can i help you?" Scar said to her as he got to his feet.
Banzai cowered back when his mate snapped at him. It wouldn't have been right for him to defend himself, males were typically submissive to the females when it came to hyenas. He muttered to himself before he hurried after Jaja.

Yoruyonaka
03-19-2011, 07:56 PM
The Southern Kingdoms of Africa were rippled with jungles, the Kalajari desert, and abundant rivers. The realm was without conflict, and at peace. However, they felt the sitrrings and rumblings. The gossip of the kingdoms nearer theirs. Of one Kingdom, Pride Rock, there was cause of concern since Scar usurped the throne and killed the true heir Simba. In the Kingdom of the Falling Stars, the pale lions listen, and grow more worried for the lions who were once under Mufasa.

The great white lion Lune hovered over the cliff of a water fall that was twenty feet over a lake. He contemplated the issues that murmered from his lions and other Kingdoms. His twin sister strolled up behind him with an air of calm. She always seemed to feel things would work themselves out.

"What is it sister?" Lune muttered as he looked out at the moon overhead.

"I would like to journey to Pride Rock, Lune," Asha said, her blue eyes glowing. "You know its time for me to help them. Mufasa would have wanted it. So would have Simba. I must help them."

A sigh let out of Lune as he turned his gaze to hers. His red eyes the opposite to her blue ones.

"Are you sure your up to this?" He asked. "You could bring one of the lionesses, or even one of our warriors."

"No," She replied standing next to him. "I must make this venture on my own. As my own path. I will leave tonight so as to keep cool at this time of the cycle."

The cycle being the four seasons for lions.

"Yes, I will not argue," the White King said, forcing a smile to his sister. "Just, promise me you will be careful."

Asha nuzzled him. "You know I can very well take care of myself," She smiled reassuringly. "I love you brother. May the Kings of the past watch over you."

She left Lune, as she jumped down the side of the water fall towards the opening of the Jungle. The savannah was mystical under the moonlight. Her pale coast shimmered as she ran forward on her journey.

Asha made her way through the dreadful lands known as the Pride Lands. There now depleted state welled tears into her eyes. She stalked quietly on and then stopped when she saw something move. She peered forward, and saw wildebeest herd just up ahead. Eating what few plants this area had, but more than other places she saw when she entered the Kingdom.

She layed down for a moment, knowing that there might be a group of lionesses that would be sent to seek out food. If she were to make peace with the Kingdom, she would need to assist and get as many wildebeest as she could. So Asha waited.

Ainmire Dougal
03-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Eze approached along a cliff wall, observing for now.
He had heard rumors that this was a land sorely in need of a new king.
He had known of the Noble Mufasa and the Treacherous Scar by rumor.
It seems the Hyena's served scar. He would need an army of his own.
Perhaps this excuse of a land, a pride would do for a new beginning.

He slinked off, to see what manner of creature he could lead to fight the hyeanas while he squared off against Scar.http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSphe0OqtXDjBDWoLw4zOIz98d1qcI64 QChjyyJwZ4QRqTSLE6O

CuteLilRedhead
03-20-2011, 04:40 AM
A'sharia awoke in her cave. She stretched and yawned still half asleep. She shook the dust off from her fur and walked outside. The sun was blinding. She took in the dead landscape and shook her head. A rumbling in her stomach made her remember how long it had been since she had a good meal.

A'sharia looked around for Kovu or any other cub who she could play with. She ran down the rock and sliding into a dead bush. Her eyes were taking in all the lions and lionesses as she continued her search for Kovu.

giraffesrkewl
03-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Kovu could hear some slight sturring around him. He turned around and looked, but didn't see anymore. He did a slight cub roar and then started walking down the rock. Once he got there, he passed Vitani and gave her a mean look, because she had been in a bad mood lately. He ropped down the rocks and began going towards the ground where Scar and his mother were.

Sarabi looked to Nala and rubbed into her as a friendly greeting, still showing the bond they both had towards Simba. It showed they were still close. She then looked out to the land. "I just wanted a friend up here with me. I can't deal with this all alone." She said telling the plain truth.

Princess Izzy
03-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Vitani crouched lower when Kovu began heading in her direction. She growled at him when he gave her a mean look. That wasn't nice. All she wanted to do was play .. but now, now he would feel pain. With an evil little grin, Vitani pounced and tackled him as he made his way toward their parents. They tumbled down the rest of the way, Vitani growling and biting hs ears on the way. If he was feeling pain, she didnt feel bad. He was being a meany.

giraffesrkewl
03-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Kovu snarled as he tackled her and let out little 'umphs' as they fell down the rocky, dirt way. When they got to the bottom he got up and swatted at Vitani. He batted her with his paw, but didn't put his claws out. He jumped on her next and began biting her, like she had done to him. He didn't pay attention to their parents.

CuteLilRedhead
03-20-2011, 03:55 PM
A'sharia looked at where the noise was coming from and saw Kovu and his sister, Vitani, fighting again. She sighed and went found a spot in the shade to wait for him. She wanted to join them but she knew that they played dirty with one another and she just wanted to play, like normal cubs do. She curled up in a ball in the shade near the rock and yawned as her stomach growled again.

Princess Izzy
03-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Vitani, unlike Kovu, did have her claws out. She attacked him again once he stood and swatted his paws at her. The prince needed a good beating for three reasons. One, he was a butthead. Two, he woke her up from a perfectly good nap. And three, she just felt like beating him up. Yowling, scratching and biting, Vitani did her best not to hurt Kovu too bad. Scar would get mad if the prince was covered with cuts.

giraffesrkewl
03-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Kovu made a shreeking noise as his sisters teeth and claws dug into him. "Ow!" He yelped as she just beat on him. He stuck his razor sharp claws out and now and gave everything back to her she was giving him. He didn't care though, he was willing to hurt her. She had given him enough crap lately, like any sibling, and he was just done. He would be King, right? So, he needed to be able to beat up his sister. He rolled out of the mounds of snarling and clawing and hair flying. He stood up and pounced, his claws spread out and his mouth open as he launched onto his sister, pinning her down. He weighed more, so he was able to do so.

Princess Izzy
03-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Vitani hissed in pain. Now she was done taking it easy on him, she didnt care if her father got mad. She fought back, biting him hard enough now to taste blood. Every so often when he was on top of her, she'd use her back paws to scratch up his underside. Vitani had to admit, she was in a lot of pain. She was bleeding just about everywhere, but that didn't stop her. She was fed up with daddy's little boy.

giraffesrkewl
03-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Kovu yowled in pain every once in a while. "Knock it off Vitani! You're such a little brat!" He managed to yell out between all the fighting. She got on the end of his nerves, he jsut couldn't deal with her sometimes. She was such an annoying pest. He clawed at her and bit at her just as much as she did to him. Soon enough their parents would be over, and diciplining the both of them, but they didn't care at all. Obiously.

Princess Izzy
03-20-2011, 04:44 PM
It wasn't that Scar didn't care, he just didnt notice. But after Kovu yelled, he looked over and sighed. He wasn't mad at Kovu, he was mad at Vitani. He stood and walked to the cubs. As quick as he could, Scar swatted at Vitani, sending her tumbling away from Kovu. In response, Vitani got to her feet and lunged for Kovu again. But Scar didnt let her, he picked her up by the scruff, not being gentle either. Vitani yowled and squirmed, stopping when she realized who it was that had picked her up. The king carried her to Zira and dropped her in front of the queen. "You take care of her," he muttered as he turned and walked back to Kovu. Vitani lay shaking and bleeding in front of her mother. She was terrified of what her mother's reaction would be.

giraffesrkewl
03-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Kovu shrunk down to the ground when Scar came back. He wasn't sure what Scar would do. With Scar, it was all 'A King should do this, a King should be like this, a King should do that.' Kovu just looked up at Scar. He wasn't bothered by what he had done to Vitani, Scar always treated her like that. He began to lick off a few of his wounds as he waited for Scar's words.

Princess Izzy
03-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Scar sat in front of Kovu. "Get up, show some dignity. Why do you let her treat you like that? I don't care if you break her leg, you're better than she is, Kovu. She's not next in line, you are," he whispered to him, his tone a little harsh. He was whispering because he didn't want Zira to hear. Any mother would protest against his words, why would they want their cubs to practically kill each other? "Your pain amuses her, which is why she doesn't stop," he said. Scar was always drilling these things into Kovu's head, though it never seemed to stick. To him it just seemed like it went in one ear and right out the other.

giraffesrkewl
03-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Kovu straightened up, like his 'father' demanded. "I'm-I'm sorry." He said trying to act tough. He was a cub, so he naturally wasn't as tough as some adult male would be. Something inside him just told him that this wasn't right. You were supposed to just beat the crap out of your family just because you were better, but he couldn't let Scar know that he thought that. Maybe it was wrong to think like that. Maybe you ere supposed to think the way Scar did. He was just a cub, how was he supposed to even know? He was so confused. He just starred at Scar, not knowing when else to do.

CuteLilRedhead
03-20-2011, 05:33 PM
A'sharia heard all the screeches and noises of pain and walked up the rock carefully, she saw Scar scolding Kovu. Then she noticed Kovu was bleeding. She watched Scar and Kovu from behind a rock. She was listening end and waiting until King Scar was gone so she could help Kovu. If she could, she would take on Vitani, but for now she was more worried about Kovu.

Princess Izzy
03-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Scar put his paw under Kovu's chin and pushed up, tilting his head back a little. "You will be a great king, my son," he stated in an unusually soft tone. Scar then stood and walked back to his place next to Zira, waiting to see what she would say to the princess. Vitani began shaking a little more when Scar came back, which amused Scar, though he said nothing.

giraffesrkewl
03-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Kovu watched Scar walk off and blinked a few times at him. A single tear rolled down his cheek before he stopped the tears. He rubbed his face off with his paw and scampered off a little bit to the shade of a battered up old tree. He sat underneath it and began licking his wounds, small yowls escaped as his tounge on his wounds stung.

Jacogos
03-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Nala nodded slightly and rubbed Sarabi back. "I understand... Its been hard, lately, hasn't it? Scar expects us to find food in this wasteland... I know its the lioness' job, but he should at least help..." She sighed slightly and did a quick sweep of the landscape. Nothing promising. Maybe they should check the other direction from Pride Rock... Looking over at Sarabi, she offered the idea. "Do you think we should try the other direction? For all we know, we could be missing something..."

Janja was the eldest female of the hyenas, so it made sense that she would lead this hunt. Not including Banzai, she had picked out three other males and two females, all in their adult years. It should be a large enough group to take down enough wildebeest for the pack. Of course, it wasn't like many of the lionesses would get any, most of them being Simba's bunch. More than likely, a lot of it would go to fattening up Banzai some more.

There. Janja caught sight of the stragglers. The weak ones, diseased, but of course, those were the easy pickings. And they were going into the dead end of a valley. Nothing but sharp incline and rockfalls that way, she though with a grin. Turning to the rest, she caught sight of the males salivating already. "Alright, if you think you can control yourselves, two of you and you-" She pointed to two males and a female. "-come with me. You, you, and you, Banzai, stay here and take out any that try and get out before they stampede. Once they start stampeding, get out the way."

She made sure they had the plan right, going over it a few times just in case, then turned and loped off towards the head of the valley, where the dead end was. She could already taste the wildebeest flesh.. that good muscle... Jeez, Banzai was getting to her.

giraffesrkewl
03-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Sarabi cleared her throat, the dryness of the air got to her throat and nose sometimes. "It's worth a chance. There isn't any sight of life over here." She roared to the few others in the back of the hunting party, telling them that they were changing direction and going to other way. "Nala.." She said getting a good idea. "If we find something.. anything.. even a watering hole, lets not tell anyone. We can bring food back, but if we find anything.. they don't need to know." She wanted her followers to be healthy and survive. She wanted Scar to suffer.

CuteLilRedhead
03-20-2011, 11:36 PM
A'sharia ran over to Kovu and looked at his wounds. "Are you alright, prince?" She asked lying next to him. "I know a way to help... If you want." She said shyly. "I found this plant that makes the healing go faster!" she said excited that her smarts could help out Kovu. "All you have to do it cut it up with your claws then put it on the cuts, then they go away within a day or two. Plus, the scars won't look as bad." She smiled at Kovu.

StormWolf
03-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Zande had gone to one of his favorite spots on Pride Rock. It had been where he and his mate used to lay as cubs and watch the stars, and it had been where he and his mate has laid together as adults, flowing with the love that was in the air. When they both had cub of their own, they too watched the stars. Now, the warmth of that special crag had faded, as did the scent that brought him some kind of happiness and reconciliation after they were all gone. Now, it was all just cold rock.

Whimpering reached Zande's ears as the young Kovu ran by, licking his wounds. The poor boy had to deal with Vitani on a daily basis, more than the rest, and Zande could tell that Kovu was not a bad cub. Zande wanted to talk to the boy, to help him with his confidence, but Scar would sick his hyena lackeys on him, as well as the rest of those loyal to Scar's side of the pack.

Princess Izzy
03-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Banzai nodded excitedly when his mate ordered him to stay, his tongue flopping everywhere, sending globs of drool flying. He didnt care, he was soo hungry. Just as Jaja could, he could already taste the warm, thick meat... (i cant really do much unless Shani gets online .. so i guess ill just play Banzai for now)

giraffesrkewl
03-20-2011, 11:52 PM
Kovu looked at the new cub that had come to great him. He perked up, not wanting to seem like some little hurt baby. He would be King. He needed to act like a King! It was hard though.. because he just wanted to sit down, and not deal with it. "Sure, if you really want to get me some, that woul dbe really nice." He said quitting the 'tough guy' attitude. He still stood tall, and tried to ignore the pain, but he wasn't going to be mean or anything. He also noticed a male, an adult male. He had many scars, and his eye was badly hurt, but there was something about him that Kovu admired. This male was Zande, but Kovu didn't know his name. He watched him for a little while as he waited for the responce from the cub he was talking with.

CuteLilRedhead
03-21-2011, 12:00 AM
A'sharia smiled happily, "I'll be right back then! Try not to move a lot though, you might hurt yourself more." She said with worry in her voice. She bolted off to find the plant. I talked to him! And he responded! She continued to smile happily as she found the plant and picked a few leaves. She picked them up with her mouth and carried them back to Kovu.

giraffesrkewl
03-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Kovu licked his wounds a few more times as he waited for the new cub to come back. He sighed and looked at Zande again, and then to Scar who was off a ways. He looked down at his paws after, until he looked up, hearing A'sharia coming back with the stuff to make his wounds feel a lot better.

CuteLilRedhead
03-21-2011, 12:10 AM
A'sharia cut up the plant then put them on Kovu's wounds. "It'll stop the bleeding fast too. I'm A'sharia, by the way." She smiled since she never spoke to him before. She placed each leaf on his wound gently and with experience. After she was finished she looked at Kovu, "Feel any better?"

giraffesrkewl
03-21-2011, 12:13 AM
Kovu yowled a tiny bit because each one stung a little bit. When she finished putting them on her answered. "It's nice to meet you." He said with a slight smile. "Yes, they do feel a little bit better. A little tingly." He said with a slight laugh. "Thank you, very much."

CuteLilRedhead
03-21-2011, 12:26 AM
"My pleasure to help." She looked down and played with a small rock with her left paw. "Why is your sister so mean to you?" She asked abruptly. "I know siblings fight but I have never seen a brother and sister fight like you two." She glanced up at him. She wasn't good at socializing with other cubs because she was never around them a lot.

giraffesrkewl
03-21-2011, 12:29 AM
Kovu shrugged. "..because I'm Scar's favorite. I'll be King, so that means she'll be next to nothing." That's at least why he thought she always acted like that. He wasn't sure though. It's not like he acted like a spoiled brat, but who knows. Whatever it was it made her really angry. "She's just like that anyway, she gets ticked easily." He said with another shrug.

StormWolf
03-21-2011, 12:35 AM
Zande saw the glance Kovu cast towards him, a glance that held no malice. Zande rose once more, stepping out of the shadow cast over his usual spot and towards the young prince. The boy reminded Zande very much of himself when he was young; their fur was even of a similar color. Perhaps the reason why Zande was always concerned for Kovu's wellbeing, is that he was so much like Shaka.

"I remember meeting my mate in a very similar fashion." Zande said to Kovu with a smile as the large adult closed the space between them slowly.

"I had been in a grapple with some other cubs my age and got scratched and bruised. Inaara helped with medicines, and by the Kings, I wanted to scream." Zande chuckled and sat by Kovu and his little friend. "I waited until she left before yelling myself hoarse. You handle yourself very well, Prince" Zande smiled, recalling those better times when all he had to worry about were scrapes and bruises.

giraffesrkewl
03-21-2011, 12:39 AM
Kovu looked at Zande as he approached. He looked to him with great respect and admired him greatly already. It was something about him, that made Kovu give him great respect in just meeting him this one time. His story touched him a bit, too, even tought he was just a young cub, and didn't completely understand topics like that yet. "Thank you, Sir." He said thanking him for telling him he handled himself well. He glanced at the Scar's on his body, and then his eye. Being a cub, he didn't know how to be descrete about it. He blinked a few times and looked down. Zande's immense paws made his look like little pebbles.

CuteLilRedhead
03-21-2011, 02:03 AM
A'sharia looked at the male who approached them. When he spoke of him meeting his mate in a similar fashion she looked at Kovu with hope. Maybe this was the beginning of their relationship. Her heart raced at the thought and she looked at Kovu's wounds to make sure they were working. The bleeding was slowing. She looked at the male adult again then Kovu and backed away so that they could speak without her being a third wheel.

She went to her cave, playing with a rock on her way.

StormWolf
03-21-2011, 02:09 AM
"No need to be so formal, Prince. My name is Zande, and you may call me by that name, Kovu." Zande spoke in a calming tone, his deep and gravelly voice resonating with that power and spirit he once held when his life was whole. Zande was still very strong, at least in body, now. Despite near-starvation and the drought and the beatings, Zande refused to bow to the pressure. Though he was very much alive on the exterior, on the inside he was all but dead. The last sparks of light he held on to was his duty to those he felt indebted to. Nala, Sarabi, Kovu and the other cubs. By letting Scar take over, Zande felt that he had failed the Pride, and he needed to atone and make things right. If Zande could not effectively drive Scar from the Pridelands, if he died a martyr, he hoped he will have at least influenced the next generation to be understanding, merciful, and compassionate, even if no one remembered his name.

Zande smiled and settled down on all fours when he saw Kovu staring at the collection of scars that left pale strips of skin through Zande's dark pelt, "These were not from such play-fights, my Prince." Zande said, referring to his scars, "Most of these came from other lions during...." Zande stopped himself. Kovu and A'sharia were children. They were born in to this life. If they let slip what Zande was about to say, Scar would have Zande killed, and no matter how strong a fighter Zande was, he feared death as much as he feared fire.

"During fights.... over food when it got scarce..." It was a lie. Food was never scarce when Mufasa was around, and no one ever fought enough to cause such damage that Zande sustained. It was during the fights with other Prides, Scar's rag-tag group of wastelanders, more than anyone. It was one of Scar's lions that slashed his eye, another that killed his Inaara. It was Scar's fires that stole Shaka and the starvation that took little Nina. Scar took everything from Zande, and now Zande had to share Pride Rock with those that destroyed his life.

giraffesrkewl
03-21-2011, 02:52 AM
Kovu looked at A'sharia as she walked away, once he and Zande had finished speaking, he would go back to keep her company, but right now he wanted to talk to this male. He listened to every single detail that this lion spoke. Kovu thought about the kinda father Zande must have been. He still hung on to the memories of his mate and cubs, even being a cub Kovu could see even that. Kovu didn't understand why Zande hadn't taken over Scar. Maybe the hurt got to him too much, and he just couldn't do it. He wished Zande would be his father for a brief moment. The land would be so much better. He forgot though, that if Scar even knew he had thought that for a second, he would have Zande killed. He was building a relationship with Zande that would make Scar upset, but as long as the talks between them were kept private, it would be ok. Kovu didn't care if his 'father' would get mad. Zande was wise, and knew what was right. Who would not admire a lion like such? Kovu hoped to be like him when he grew older and took this land as his. He thought all of this in just these mere seconds. He would have more time to think this after. "You must have been some great fighter, Zande." Was all he could really say. He didn't know all that much about the fights between different lands and for food and stuff yet, so he couldn't really relate or anything. "Zande? Don't give up." He said looking up at the large male. "Don't leave us here, please. Soon enough this area will be back to what it previously was." Kovu rose to his feet. He didn't really know what else to say, being a cub, words didn't come out as easily as they would being spoken by an adult. There was a connection between these 2 lions, Kovu felt at least. From a distance, to any lion observing, it would look like Kovu was being spoken to by his real father, but sadly, he wasn't. Kovu's real father was no where to be seen. Scar had been the replacement for him.

Yoruyonaka
03-21-2011, 06:34 AM
Asha eyed the wildebeest tentatively as she awaited the Pride Rock hunters. If they did not hurry, the herd would move on to look for more abundant food sources. She growled quietly, because she herself was gaining a slight hunger. Her patience was strong though, so she would wait. Hoping that there were still Simba alliances in the Kingdom. Especially since her hopes were to get Scar out of power.

Wander
03-21-2011, 08:13 AM
Immediately Nuka's ears drooped, knowing his father was ignoring him. "...Oh okay. Never mind then..." He knew very well that there was really no way of getting something through with his dad, so he hoped that his mother could at least say something.

Of course, his father further showed how much he was ignoring him by suddenly talking to some lioness who happened to be standing around, and this really disheartened the adolescent. He rolled his eyes and moaned to himself, knowing he should drop the idea of even talking to them.

It was just unfair. His father wasn't even giving him a chance. It was exactly this reason he keeps finding ways to prove himself. And of course, with some sort of bad luck, everything he plans always ends up down the drain. He started to hope for some miracle to turn the tables around for him for once.

----------

"Oh?... OH!" When Ime realized that the king himself was talking to her, she uneasily shifted from her sitting position to a standing one, and looked at her king. Out of instinct, she bowed her head to him. "Forgive me, dear King. I was startled by a loud noise while I was resting in the den, and suddenly heard news about wildebeests. I admit I got a little to curious and shouldn't have come in and listen... I guess resting in the den for too long when I should be hunting with the others got me shifty. Well, if you will excuse me, I should probably get back to resting..."

----------

OH WOW. Someone just called him a noise on the spot. Nuka was really ticked off by this and had to correct the girl. "HEY. Mind you, that noise was your prince!" He shouted as he gave a bad look at her.

Princess Izzy
03-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Scar nodded. "That's what i thought.." he said to Ime. Vitani hadn't really noticed her older brother until he shouted to the other female. Regardless of the state she was in, she couldn't help herself. The princess, still quivering in fear, snorted. "Like she cares. You're still the noise nobody cares about," she snapped. Vitani was obviously in a worse mood than usual. Who could blame her? Well .. a lot probably could. Afterall it was her fault she was bleeding and waiting to be scolded. She opened her mouth, beginning to say some more, but stopped when a large paw connected with the side of her head. There was enough force put into the hit to send Vitani tumbling over. "Enough, Vitani," Scar hissed, his voice raising above his usual monotone. Of course Vitani didnt expect any simpathy from anyone, not even her mother. Nobody liked Vitani, it was obvious. Sometimes she doubted if her parents even liked her. But, she could blame nobody but herself.

StormWolf
03-21-2011, 07:35 PM
The sound of the argument between Scar and Vitani carried itself across the Rock, making Zande's gaze snap over to the domestic dispute, a deep growl rumbling in his throat. Vitani had that blow coming, but the fact that Scar was so nonchalant about hitting his own flesh and blood upset Zande. While he was no fan of Vitani, such treatment still made Zande's hackles rise. His eye narrowed on Scar, hoping against hope that the hate in Zande would burn Scar to ash where he stood. If only it could be so easy.

Zande stood and went down to the dead grass that expanded in to the savannah for miles. Zande needed to clear his head and pray, hoping the Kings of the Past hear him. He walked through the dry grass, the morbid brown and yellow vegetation crunching under his paws. Zande scanned the savannah, trying to find something he could eat. Then, something caught his eye; a speck of brilliant white in the dark grassland. It was too large to be a bird, and the way it moved, it was like a lion on the prowl. Could it be? Another lion in their Pridelands?

giraffesrkewl
03-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Kovu watched as Zande moved on to the lower grassland. He looked back over at the squabble that had been happening. He glarred at his father, sure, Vitani deserved a dissapline, but not a smack to the side of the head. His glare was stopped when he remembered A'sharia. He snapped his head to the side and saw her off by herself, still playing with the small rock she had been playing with since they first stopped. Before Kovu went over to her, he removed the healing plants from his skin and layed them on the ground. He walked back over to her with a slight smile. "Sorry about that." He said to her.

Sarabi led the hunting party. All the lionesses layed low, so if they even had the chance at something, they wouldn't scare it off. As they passed over a slight hill there it was. A lone wildebeast, why was it there alone? Who even cared. It meant FOOD. Sarabi silently signaled to the hunting party to move in, and it no time, they had the beast down and lifeless. All of them didn't want to drag it back to the pride, but the cubs and others that stayed behind had to be fed. This wouldn't go far, but it was something. Sarabi and the others dragged it back to the pride as the area began to smell of fresh meat.

CuteLilRedhead
03-21-2011, 08:13 PM
A'sharia's ears perked up when she heard Kovu, "Oh, no need to be sorry, Prince Kovu." She kicked the rock away and turned to face him. "I didn't want to be a burden in your conversation." She said looking at his wounds. "They stopped bleeding." She noticed, although he had taken the plants off. She thought that it would have been better to keep them on for a while longer but she decided not to say anything.

giraffesrkewl
03-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Kovu sat down in front of her. "Yup. They feel a lot better too, I'm sure they'll be back to normal within a few days." He said swishing his tail back and forth a few times. "Thank you very much for all your help, I really appreciated it." He said being honest. If it wasn't for her, he'd still be back over there bleeding and whimpering. He felt a load better now.

Jacogos
03-21-2011, 10:29 PM
At first, Nala was shocked by Sarabi's suggestion. Lie to Scar, and keep everything for themselves? It was a despicable act, but was it not justified? Scar pretty much did the same to them, only they knew he did it.

She didn't answer at first, and then the wildebeest appeared. Nala silently moved in accordance with the rest of the party, and the kill was quick and clean. After it was done, she quickly moved up to Sarabi and spoke quietly to her.

"We need to take it back... There are others, innocents, that we need to think about..." Obviously the older lioness agreed, as the party had already begun to drag the carcass away. Nala nodded slightly and didn't wait for an answer, going to help the others.

Hoofbeats rattled the savanna as Janja started the stampede. The three she had brought with her managed to dislodge some boulders, which caused a landslide on some of the herbivores, and Janja had snuck down a scenic path to take out some of the stragglers. All in all, four were caught under boulders, two were injured by the slide and put out of their misery by Janja's threesome, and Janja had only managed to catch one that fell away from the herd.

Licking her chops, but resisting the urge to just feast right then and there, Janja quickly checked the other carcasses to make sure they could be brought back to the herd. Grimacing at the condition of the crushed wildebeest, she hoped Scar wouldn't mind a little grit in his meat. Of course, he could have the cleaner food, and in any case he couldn't complain with the shortage as is.

Turning, Janja left the carcasses under the watch of the other three as she sprinted off to check on Banzai and his group. Hopefully he had managed to get at LEAST one out of the herd, but she couldn't blame him... TOO much if he didn't.

CuteLilRedhead
03-21-2011, 10:38 PM
A'sharia smiled happily, "Anything I can do!" She said a little louder than normal. She looked down embarrassed then corrected her volume, "I mean, anything I can do to help." She looked back at Kovu. She wondered if he wanted to play but she didn't want him to push his limits and start bleeding again. Debating on whether to start a game of tag or not, she asked, "What games do you like to play?" She wanted to get to know him more.

giraffesrkewl
03-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Kovu switched the wait on his paws as he thought before answering. "Umm.. anything really. I'm a cub, arn't I?" He said laughing a tiny bit. He couldn't really think of one favorite. "I don't really have any special that I like more then others. How abou tyou? What kinda games do you like to play?" He said as he wrapped his tail around his paws.

Sarabi listened to Nala and agreed to her, like it said. When they had dragged the beast back, she wasn't quite sure what to do. She knew Scar would give her a nasty swat if she took some of the wildabeast, but she was starving. Her body was shaking just from this easy kill with many others help. This meal time was not going to be pretty, and many would end up being unfed.

CuteLilRedhead
03-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Her eyes lite up, she loved playing all kinds of things. "Well, I like tag and hide and seek, and wrestling, and who-can-run-fastest, and that one where you practice your pounce on pray and..." She thought of other games. She giggled, "I like them all!" She giggled again. "My favorite place to play is the Elephant Graveyard." She said as she turned to show him her back, "That's where I got this big scar." She said with a little pride. She liked showing that she could keep up with the boy cubs. The scar stretched from the bottom of her neck to the middle of her back.

giraffesrkewl
03-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Kovu laughed a bit as she just kept going on and on. He liked that she was nice, and talkitive. "Yea, same here. Anything is fun." He said rubbing his face with his paw, he had a little dirt in his eye. He shook his head after, getting the dirt out and then perked up when she mentioned the elephant graveyard. He remembered storys about that place, that had to do with Simba. It wasn't a threat to Scar's pride though, because the hyenas were friends of Scar. The whole place looked like a graveyard anyway. "Where'd you get that scar from?" He asked her, a bit curious.

CuteLilRedhead
03-21-2011, 11:19 PM
"Well when I was younger and when me and my mom got separated, I found the Elephant Graveyard and so I played on the skull of this really big elephant! Well I fell and I landed on the tusk. It hurt really bad but I was able to find healing plant nearby. I had to stay in the graveyard until I was feeling better but then I came here." She smiled trying to turn her head far enough to see the scar.

giraffesrkewl
03-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Kovu nodded. "Ohhh, I see." He said interested. He wondered how she had lost her mother.. but figured he probably shouldn't ask, because it could be a touchy subject for her. "Do you .. wanna take a trip there?" He asked her. He thought Scar might get mad for leaving the Pride Lands.. but he didn't really care. He wanted an adventure.

Princess Izzy
03-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Banzai and his small group hadn't gotten anything. Yet Most of the wildebeast that got away, got away from Banzai as well. All but one. He and he group were chasing it around, just really running in circles. None of them were thinking straight of course, so no stradegy was discussed. The wildebeast was fast. Well faster than the chubby brute. Finally, Banzai and another managed to grab its back legs, and another finished it off. Banzai beamed, proud of himself and hoped Jaja would be proud as well. Hey, at least he got one right?

CuteLilRedhead
03-22-2011, 12:28 AM
A'sharia giggled, "Of course! Maybe we can play hide and seek if you're feeling up to it!" She turned so she was next to Kovu. "Are you sure King Scar won't get mad at you?" She asked in a low tone. She was all for breaking the rules but she wouldn't want Kovu to get in trouble with his father either.

giraffesrkewl
03-22-2011, 01:11 AM
Kovu shook his head. "Don't worry about that.. he doesn't need to find out that we even went.." He said plainly to her. Afterall, he was Prince.. and should be able to do whatever he wanted. "C'mon! It'll be fun." He said beginning to walk off towards the graveyard.

CuteLilRedhead
03-22-2011, 01:14 AM
A'sharia followed after him with a happy hop in her step. "So, Kovu, I mean... Prince Kovu, you want to see my other scars?" She smiled, that was all she was proud of and she didn't want to talk about her mom, since she really didn't know what happened that day she lost her. All she could remember was that she was walking to the watering hole when there was a loud roar and then her mother ordering her to run. That's how she found the Elephant Graveyard.

Yoruyonaka
03-22-2011, 01:56 AM
Asha watched as the lionesses chased after the wildebeest. Hunger plain on their faces. She knew it would be too soon to try and help. They needed to feed, and that wildebeest they got would not go to them first. Asha decided to stalk the herd that ran further so she could bring another wildebeest as an offering.

After an hour or so, the wildebeest were slowed and tired as they took breaths to calm down the scare. With a grin, Asha eyed a healthy, but tired wildebeest. It was plumper than the rest, probably the head male. She eyed it as she crept forward. The prey was to tired to notice its impending death. Asha knew at the right moment, she had it, and she jumped forward in a flash of pale fur and tackled the wildebeest down. She bit its neck soon afterward, letting it die without a lot of pain. The rest of the herd galloped off in fear, so Asha jumped forward and quickly snagged a youngling before they were out of her reach.

Letting out a sigh of relief, Asha fed quickly on the little wildebeest so as to keep herself fed for the next few days. She licked her cloak clean and then turned to the larger wildebeest. She began to drag the thing with all her strength towards Pride Rock. Although it was a bit tedious and her muscles began to strain, she kept forward, because she was well fed and determined.

A shadow appeared ahead that made Asha freeze and lie slowly on her stomach. The presence of a lion was close and she hoped to drag the wildebeest near Pride Rock, but not get seen. The lion was approaching her, he was also croaching. She knew it was only matter of moments before the lion was upon her, so she shrunk over the wildebeest's body to show it was her kill.

StormWolf
03-22-2011, 06:00 AM
Zande skulked out of the tall grass, his bulky form hunched down, ready to pounce giving the slightest provocation. He may have gone long without food, but his muscles still coiled in his stance, his physique not yet diminished from his malnutrition. This lioness was not of their Pride, so she was an outsider. An outsider taking the food of his Pride. Zande's lips pulled back in a fierce snarl, barring his teeth and furrowing his brow deeply, his sapphire eye glinting in the sunlight,

"You have some nerve, outlander!" Zande growled deeply, his claws protruding from his mighty paws, the dry earth kneading between his toes. Zande's tail flicked back and forth aggressively, letting out a brief roar as a warning.

"You feed upon the wildebeest that are rare enough in our lands while our own cubs die of starvation and our!" Zande spoke in a more than angry tone, his voice growing louder, saliva frothing just from the smell of the wildebeest. Zande was starving, but he knew others needed the food more than himself, like Nala and Sarabi and Kovu and everyone else. Still, maybe it wouldn't hurt to take just one bite...

"Give me one good reason not to kill you..." Zande muttered angrily, a deep growl resonating in his throat.

Yoruyonaka
03-22-2011, 06:18 AM
Asha's eyes glowed as she saw the male in front of her. He was strongly built for one in such a terrible climate. Scars lined his body, and the ones near his eye was most prominant. She never moved her eyes as she watched him speak.

Outlander.

That was what she was called by the male. He roared with anger at the sight of the killed wildebeest, which of course was only logical.

"I do not feed, lion," Asha told him. "I killed this wildebeest purposefully to give back to your lions. As an offering of peace for my kingdom. I would have given you what I had there, but as you know it would have been near impossible to drag a wildebeest from such a long distance."

Her blue eyes were focused and unmoving as she spoke. She had to convince this lion that she was on his side. So, she decided to make a bold move and hope she wasn't making a big mistake.

"I have come to help," Asha began. "To help those who used to be under the great King of the past, Mufasa, and his son Simba, who should be King. Please, I dont want to fight you."

She crouched more, ready to flee, fight, or be safe, depending on what happened next.

giraffesrkewl
03-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Kovu nodded. "Sure!" He said as they still continued to walk to the graveyard. It was funny the little things that interested cubs. He listened intently as she told him about her scars, he didn't have many scars himself, only some little scrapes that hadn't completely healed yet. He also had the cuts he had just gotten, which would probably end up being slight scars, whatever, it would make him look tough.

CuteLilRedhead
03-22-2011, 04:20 PM
A'sharia tilted her head to show part of her left ear gone, "I got that from fighting with another cub over food. In my old pack." She said, "I won." She giggled. She picked up her right paw and showed Kovu, "I got that when I fell in a hole." She didn't like her paw scar too much cause it still hurt her on occasion. After she showed him she continued walking.

giraffesrkewl
03-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Kovu nodded. "Fell in a hole.." He said laughing a little bit. "Clumbsy." He said sticking his tongue out. He ran ahead a little bit and did a little rawr. He laughed a little more as they got ot the graveyard. He looked up at the huge elephant scull. "Woa...." He said. "I've never been this close." He explained. Scar had never let him go over, because he didn't want him playing around, he was going to be King, he had to be tough and responsable, not that Scar was.

CuteLilRedhead
03-22-2011, 05:03 PM
"I'm not clumsy!" She shouted then ran after him and stopped in front of the skull. She laughed at his reaction. "Bet I can beat you to the top!" She laughed and couched slightly to prepare for the race. She was fast but since Kovu was still hurt, she'd take it easy.

giraffesrkewl
03-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Kovu braced himself. "You're on!" He said as he took off running, faster then you'd think, considering all his cuts and everything. He ran around and up the side. He didn't wanna waste time trying to jump up onto the tusks or something, in the end just falling on his butt. He ran to the side, where the skull slopped up. He hopped up onto that, sliding a little, but used his claws the keep himself balanced. He began up the steeper part until he almost reached the top.

CuteLilRedhead
03-22-2011, 05:12 PM
A'sharia raced after Kovu. She used the tusks. Jumping onto on she ran up it, using her claws and the slope then using the eye socket to help her reach the top only she fell and dropped right next to the tusk. She yipped with pain but got up but got up to try again, even with her new limp.

giraffesrkewl
03-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Kovu hopped up to the top, tired. He looked down at A'sharia. "You ok?" He asked, wanting to make sure she was ok. He saw her fall but get right back up, so he didn't think she was badly hurt. Once she got to the top he smiled and laughed. "That was fun."

CuteLilRedhead
03-22-2011, 05:44 PM
"I let you win." A'sharia said with a laugh then licked her paw which was now hurting cause of the fall. "Now what do you want to do?" She asked looking around the graveyard with excitement.

giraffesrkewl
03-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Kovu looked around, too. "Hmmm.." He said looking at anything to do. He purred a little bit. There was nothing around really to do, besides a field way out even father then the elephant graveyard. "Well there's always out there." He said. "We could play here though, hide and seek or tag.. or anything." He said.

StormWolf
03-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Zande's eye narrowed as he stalked closer, pacing slowly in front of the white lioness. He said nothing for a while, weighing his options in his head. Could this lioness really be so sincere in her desire to help? Who would help a different Pride when their own could easily put Scar's pride down with how weak they were.

"You would do this? What are you trying to get out of this?" Zande said in a low voice, coming face to face with her, his snout but inches from hers so he could look in to her eyes, search her for lies.

"Such kindness is rare in the Pridelands nowadays. It is sad that such an act of charity is suspicious. I will take you to Pride Rock, if that is where you truly wish to go." Zande looked down at the dead wildebeest, then back up to the white lioness, "Do you need help dragging that thing?" he said with a slight smile.

Lamb
03-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Dhahiri slowly lowered herself onto the most shaded patch she could find on the flat stones at the base of Pride Rock, paws tucked up and head resting upon them. It was one of the safer places to be, and safety was a tentative thing at times like this. With most of the other lionesses on the hunt, Dhahiri was wise to keep herself scarce. Seeing her milling about alone while the others were out providing a valid service would only cement her uselessness in Scar's eyes--at least with the others here it was easy to look inconspicuous. It may have been better to join the hunting party after all, but she couldn't run the risk of compromising their task for anything. Not when prospects were already so dismal.

Dhahiri sighed, eyes wide open and ears alert as always. Things were becoming more dire all around. With each passing day the pride went without food, Dhahiri became more worthless to them. Her once strong body was wasting away, she was a poor huntress, no fighter, and a difficult birth had left her since barren. She could provide nothing for her kin, but if she left them she would surely die. And as inevitable as that may be for a creature in her predicament, she couldn't help but try and stave it off.

She heaved another sigh and shuffled more into the shadow. How dreary she was. Recognizing one's own shortcomings solved nothing on its own. She wasn't all sorrows and frets, it was only...she would do anything for the others if she could. If only she could. Perhaps it was best for them for her to simply leave, to stop draining their resources. That she could do. And if things didn't improve soon, she supposed she must.

A sound drew her attention from a distance. Her head lifted and her nostrils flared. The hunting party was returning. And from the looks of it, they'd made a kill. Dhahiri kept a close watch, but didn't dare move from her spot and draw attention. Perhaps at last the children could eat. ...Surely Scar had to allow the children to eat. He may have been cruel to the lionesses and those of less noble blood, but he couldn't be entirely heartless to their cubs. Could he?

Shani
03-23-2011, 01:16 AM
( I'm soo sorry that I haven't been on my computer has been acting up. BUt I hope this is okay.)

"Yes Nuka I found them not long ago, Banzai is taking a group to get them." She stated coolly, rolled her eyes the thought of him taking one down alone. Zira still irritated from the last time he had found food but lost it. "I'm glad that this time you used you're head and came to us, and yes we do work better together." She stated in almost the same tone, but had a slightly more heart to it. She heard Scar speak and turned toward him and saw a lioness hiding in the grass. She said nothing figuring Scar would handle it. Zira heard the prince and princess going at it again, 'Those two are always fighting' She thought turning her attention to them. Zira stood there and watched as Scar hit Vitani, her eyes grew wide then quickly went back to normal. Zira nodded her head when he dropped Vitani at her paws. "Vitani! What were thinking? Kovu is next in line for the throne, you have to stop taking you're blood lust out on him." She stated harshly at first, but as it went on she softened a bit. "Plus you know how angry your father gets." She whispered so Scar wouldn't hear her. She knew that Nuka was still there, but at the moment she didn't care if his feelings were hurt, she had to scold Vitani. "Like I said a moment ago, Stop fighting with you're brother!" Her voice became harsh again, when she noticed Scar coming back. "How careless you're being fighting with Kovu. One day when he's grown he will be a king. Plus with all this blood you'll ruin your coat." She stated. She shot a glance at Scar then at Nuka then back to Vitani. Zira's a mother so she loves all of her children even if see doesn't always show it.

Wander
03-23-2011, 10:20 AM
"Oh... Uh... I knew that..." He said, feeling a little embarrassed now that he knew why he was being ignored in the first place. But now that his mother was paying attention to him and actually complemented him (well, he considered it be a complement), he smiled at her and lifted his head up again. "Thank you, mother."

This happy feeling he was getting from this was all ruined as soon as Scar brought Vitani into the picture. She insulted him and it angered him very much, so much to the extent he would have actually bit her side off. "You better take that back!" Good thing was, his father slapped her across the face, and this made him laugh furiously. "SERVES YOU RIGHT!"

-------------

"Ah- My apologies, Prince Nuka. I didn't mean that." Ime was very much a goody goody. Despite the fact no one seemed to care much about Nuka, she thought to herself that since he was a lion of the pride and still Scar's legitimate son, he deserved as much respect as others, or at least that was what her mother taught her growing up. Bowing her head one last time, she walked away from the group, still hearing the voice of Queen Zira scolding her daughter after her father just gave her a beating. If he would hit his own cub like that, what more the others? And with those Hyenas and other Lions by his side, she knew for a fact if anyone tried to go against him, it was similar to committing suicide.

It was a sad fact she very well knew. Ime had been living off fear most of her life, and wondered if there will ever be a day when she wouldn't. When she got close enough to the den, she sat down and looked up into the skies. Wondering if there was ever a day this chaos was going to end. By this point, she knew the only way it would was the day Scar would no longer be king. But who was to take his place afterwards? The next one in line was still a cub. Many thoughts and questions of the future entered her head; they were the same questions she awaited to be answered.

-------------

FINALLY. Someone who actually recognized him as a Prince. It was pretty clear to him that this girl was among those who knew their place in the Pride, so it wasn't surprising to him that she wasn't as malnourished as the other Lions in the Pride. She was soon out of sight, and immediately Nuka's attention went back to his mother and Vitani.

Ugh. She was dictating the many reasons why Vitani shouldn't fight Kovu again. It's not her fault that the little termite is an easy pin cushion. Heck, he actually likes it when Vitani fights with him, namely because he can't, and you can't help but lose some dignity knowing that a GIRL beat the crud out of you. A female CUB at that. How pathetic. As soon as his mother made mention of Kovu being king one day again, he couldn't help but stick out his tongue and make a disgusted sound come out of his mouth. "Blech."

Princess Izzy
03-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Scar watched Kovu run off with the female cub. Where were they going? Curiousity getting the best of him, Scar got up and followed. He was slowed down a few times, having to stop and talk with a few lions and lionesses on the way there. At one point, he lost them, but knew exactly where they were headed. De ja vu. The elephant graveyard is where he'd tricked Simba into going. Picking up speed, Scar continued heading in the direction of the graveyard. When he got there, he narrowed his eyes at the playing cubs. "What do you think you're doing?" he shouted, his words thundering through the graveyard as it echoed.
~ Vitani sighed, her mother's scolding wasnt as bad as she'd expected it to be. By now, Vitani couldn't even move she was in so much pain. So as bad as she wanted to get up and run off, she couldn't. Her blue eyes found Nuka and she watched him for a moment before closing her eyes. "Shut up, Nuka," she mumbled.

giraffesrkewl
03-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Kovu was startled by Scar and jumped when he spoke. "We, we were just playing." Kovu explained. He wasn't sure why his father had such a problem with this. "I'm sorry, I didn't think it mattered." He said looked at his friend neck to him, giving her a looked that said he was sorry, and then looked back at his father.

Princess Izzy
03-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Scar looked around. This place was dangerous, even for the king's family. Who knew if there was anyone out here, looking to rid of the prince. Or even if he tripped and fell; elephant tusks hurt. "Go home, Kovu," he said sternly. "And stay away from her. She's trouble," he said as he eyed the female cub. He really didn't know who she was, but Scar assumed she was the reason the cubs were messing around here.

giraffesrkewl
03-24-2011, 01:30 AM
Kovu scowled at his father and moced past him. "Just wait till I'm King.." He said almost silently. He looked back to the female cub as he walked away and gave her a sad look, sorry that he had to go. He couldn't wait until he grew, he could pound Scar's face in, like someone should have done a long time ago. Maybe he could get some comfort from Zande, unless Scar would intrude on that, too. It seemed like Kovu couldn't do anything besides sitting there, because he would get yelled at and be banished from talking to one of his friends.

Yoruyonaka
03-24-2011, 03:01 AM
Asha observed the strange male. He must not fully believe her intentions to be true. She felt a twinge of hope from the lion, so she decided to continue.

"Please, I don't want to hurt anyone," She told him. "I promise you, by the Great Kings of the past, I don't intend to harm you or anyone that was once under the Great King of Pride Rock. If you know of the name, Neo, he was my father. If this means anything to you that Mufasa told you, then I might trust you with more information."

Looking closer at him, she could tell that he was hungry. She hoped that would not affect his decision to help her, or he might turn her into Scar as a threat.

"I want to fix this land," Asha pressed on. "My name is Asha. It means life. I don't bring charity for you, I bring a possibility of change."

CuteLilRedhead
03-24-2011, 05:32 AM
A'sharia looked at Scar and bowed her head as she had seen others do. As she watched Kovu leave she saddened. She wasn't sure what she should do. "I'm sorry, King Scar." Was all she could think of saying. She didn't want Kovu to get in trouble so she took all the blame. "It was my idea to come here, I thought it would be fun." She stated truthfully although Kovu was the one who wanted to come here. She bowed her head once more waiting for a reaction from Scar.

Princess Izzy
03-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Scar stared at the lion cub as she spoke. Just as he'd thought, she was the one who'd led him here. Others may think Scar was being a little too hard on Kovu, but he was only trying to protect the heir. Anyone could see that Scar cared about Kovu. Why else would he have taken the time to walk all the way to the graveyard and make him go home? Scar would've done it if it were Vitani or Nuka. He cared about his cubs' safety. But everyone refused to see that. All they saw was a mean old man who doesn't let his cubs be cubs. Mufasa had done the same thing. But it was a totally different story when it was Scar instead of his younger brother. With a sigh, the king jerked his head back toward the pridelands. "Go on."

giraffesrkewl
03-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Kovu walked over to a rock, and jumped up onto it and layed down. He rested his head on his paws. He wasn't really sure what to do next, his only cub friend, besides his sister, had been dissaproved of by Scar, and now he couldn't play with her. He let out a sigh, and a poof of dirt rose off the rock, and drifted off into the air.

CuteLilRedhead
03-25-2011, 12:29 AM
A'sharia nodded and walked back to the pridelands. She saw Kovu on the way to her cave and sighed. Her only friend and she couldn't play with him anymore. She sighed and continued to the back of the cave. She circled around a few times before lying down and taking a nap.

Shani
03-25-2011, 01:51 AM
Zira nodded slightly when when Nuka thanked her. It's not that she dosn't car she just doesn't always show it. Zira let out a low growl, when Scar hit Vitani again. Zira stood and swung at Nuka purposely missing him. "Back down, Nuka." She snapped. Then went down and layed by Vitani to comfort her. Nuzzling her gently, like a mother would. "Shhh....hush now." She said. She watched as Scar walked off to hunt for Kovu.

StormWolf
03-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Zande remained on guard around this silver-white lioness - Asha, she said her name was. She was unlike any other lion he had ever seen before. She did not blend with the Pridelands like he did, but she was obviously not helpless, having brought down an adult wildebeest and a youngling by herself. Still, wherever she came from, this Asha was a guest. Mufasa would never turn away another lion unless they proved to be a danger.

"You make strong promises, Asha. I am Zande, of Mufasa's Pride. Do not be fooled to think that the Pride belongs to anyone else, especially Scar, the usurper." Zande spoke in firm, rigid tones, his voice leaving no margin for misinterpretation. Zande's hatred for Scar burned hotter than the African sun for that moment, that fire in his spirit flaring in to a blazing inferno for just a while before becoming little more than a flicker of flame.

"Come, I will take you to Pride Rock. If you approach without me leading you, they will likely kill you. The Pridelands are not what they used to be..." Zande said in a low tone, turning and leading the way to Pride Rock. While leading, Zande's mind kept on echoing that name Asha mentioned - Neo. That name tickled a memory in Zande, but it was too foggy to be sure. He remembered Mufasa talking to such a lion, but Zande was much younger at that time.

Princess Izzy
03-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Vitani wiggled closer to her mother and closed her eyes. Zira's comforting felt nice, it almost made all the pain go away until she thought about it. Groaning, Vitani began licking at a few bleeding bite marks on her paws. Kovu would pay, even though it was definately her fault she was hurt. She raised her head and looked around for her half-brother, who had just walked in looking a mix between ticked off and depressed. It took all of the princess' strength not to snicker. She had an idea what he'd been up to, considering he, the female cub, and now her father had just come from the direction the graveyard was. Vitani had never been there, and was quite curious about it, but didn't really feel like getting in trouble.

The princess looked up at Zira and licked her lips. "Mother, when can we eat?" She looked down at her bloody paws. "And is there anywhere i can wash this off?" Her cuts were getting dirty from not only laying on the ground, but the air as well. They would soon get infected, and Vitani was afraid of what would happen if it came to that. What if her legs fell of? Eww.

giraffesrkewl
03-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Kovu sighed again, and another poof of dirt flew off the rock. He quickly glanced at his sister, who was embraced in their mother's arms. It didn't really matter to him, it was just the situation. He lifted his head and licked his paws, cleaning the few little cuts still left. He looked back at his sister and scowered a little bit. He just wanted to beat the crap out of her. Just wait, he'd get bigger and stronger and have rule over her, where she would learn that she can't just beat anyone she wants up.

Shani
03-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Zira looked at Vitani, "We can eat as soon as the lionesses or the moronic Hyena's return." She stated hoping it would be soon everyone was hungry, and cranky. "Not that I know of, there's a drought so for now, in this area, there is no water. We'll send a party out to look for water, when the hunting party comes back." She stated with a monotone. Cool refreshing water would be nice.. Zira continued to think as she layed there, with Vitani.

Princess Izzy
03-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Vitani sighed and nodded. "Okay.." she mumbled, laying her head down and closing her eyes. (sorry this is so short, i dunno what to post)

CuteLilRedhead
03-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Erria sat in what little shade there was and watched an ant wander past her paw. It had been years since she had seen her cub and she was beginning to wonder if her A'sharia was even alive. Letting out a sad sigh, she shook her head sadly, trying to rid herself of such thoughts. A'sharia was strong and was probably doing well for herself. She rose and stretched the upper half of her body then the back. It was once again time to go looking for her cub.

Shani
03-29-2011, 11:47 PM
"I could always give you a bath...If you'd like." She stated. Zira layed her head down next to Vitani gently nuzzling her. (Sorry that it's so short writers block)

Princess Izzy
03-31-2011, 10:38 PM
(sorry im rarely here guys :T) Vitani nodded and just waited there for her mother to start cleaning her. Yeah it might sound gross to some, but Vitani loved to feel loved, believe it or not.

giraffesrkewl
04-01-2011, 05:10 PM
(I'm sorry, too.. that I'm not here very often. =/ I'm watching the Lion King 2 right now.. heh.. xP)

Sarabi returned with the meat and took a big enough chunk for herself, and ran off before Scar would bat her across the face for eating before him. She took a big enough chunk that would sustain her for a while. She ran off, to a cave inside Price Rock, and quickly ate up her chunk of meat. It tasted amazing. She licked the warm blood from her muzzle, it was just an amazing feeling to have eaten something so fresh.. this would keep her sustained for a couple days. Normally, a lion would eat again the next day, or even the same. But, with the rarity of food, each of them had to go a few days.

Kovu saw the fresh meat dragged in. He quickly hopped off his rock, and ran to it. He began knawing on it as soon as he got to it. Chances were, that the savage adults that were starving, were going to push him out of the way as soon as everyone saw it. He tried eating as much as he could, before he got pushed outa the way.

Princess Izzy
04-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Vitani's head shot up when Kovu ran past. Her eyes followed Kovu until she began to drool. FOOD! She jumped up and scurried away from her mother and pounced on Kovu. She wasn't being mean or rude about it, she was being playful. The sight of food brought a sense of joy and happiness to the usually grumpy cub. Trampling playfully over her half-brother and snagged some meat, only to scramble back when a giant paw came in and swatted all others away. Scar growled at the lions, lionesses and cubs before he took a large chunk of food big enough for himself and the queen. He grumbled as he carried to food back to his mate and laid next to her and began eating.

giraffesrkewl
04-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Kovu pushed Vitani off of him when she pounced on him and then back away when Scar began swatting at the others. After that, Kovu squeezed in and pulled off a piece and ran off a little bit, back to the rock he had been laying on before. He chomped on his piece of meat until it was all gone. He licked his muzzle and then watched Vitani, as she ate, and then finished.

Sarabi re-appeared from pride rock and began walking down, looking at the others, half of them fighting and knawing on the meat like wild animals.. even if that's what they were. She scoured at Scar as she watched the King sit on his butt and eat.

Princess Izzy
04-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Vitani ate and actually began fighting with one of Simba's lionesses' cubs. She was soo hungry, it was ridiculous. But soon the princess was nice and full, though she didn't really eat all that much; she was small, it wasn't hard to fill her belly. Vitani waddled back over to her mother and plopped down.

giraffesrkewl
04-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Sarabi pounced off of the rock she was standing on, to where Vitani and one of her friend's cubs, on Simba's side, was. She hissed need down in her throat, at the thought that Vitani would hurt the other cub. She picked up the cub and walked away with it, it having a little chunk of meat in it's mouth and plopped it down, away from the others. She then sat and watched the wildabeast quickly dissapear.

Kovu watched Vitani prance back over and scowled at her. He alsowatched how Sarabi had reacted. He flicked his tail on the rock a few times and then jumped down, walking over to Vitani and his mother.

Princess Izzy
04-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Vitani laid there, cleaning her paws. Movement caught her eye and she raised her head to see Kovu walking towards them. She didn't know what he wanted, but whatever. Vitani returned to cleaning her paws and ignored Kovu.

giraffesrkewl
04-01-2011, 08:46 PM
(Idk what to post....)

Princess Izzy
04-01-2011, 09:03 PM
(ha im sorry)

Yoruyonaka
04-09-2011, 06:41 PM
"My father, Neo," Asha told Zande as he helped push the wildebeest. "He was a good friend of Mufasa. My brother and I visited here once a long time ago. I traveled a long way to come help you escape Scar's reign."

They pushed the wildebeest further as Pride Rock drew closer.

"You better say I helped you catch this," she quickly told him. "Scar might be mad if he knew I did it alone."

She gazed up at Pride Rock again. Remembering her visit there as a young cub. Playing and bouncing around with her brother and Simba. Her mother, father, Sarabi, and Mufasa talking happily. She remembered the dark presence of Scar watching them with jealousy flowing off of him.

Asha shook her head to regain the presence. "I will help you, if you help me," She looked at him, her eyes glowing with promise. "The throne doesn't belong to Scar, because Mufasa was worthy of it. And so was Simba."

StormWolf
04-12-2011, 02:44 AM
"Scar has robbed the throne and caused us this suffering. His heir, however, I hold hope in my heart for the boy. He is not his father." Zande said in a low voice, as if Scar could hear the pain of the truth from such a distance. He gripped the wildabeest by the neck and dragged it along. The two of them dragged the carcass to Pride Rock, dropping the wildabeest before Scar.

"Here is the food all of us desperately need. This lioness, Asha, assisted me in the hunt. You cannot keep gorging your select few while the rest of us starve. You are only one lion, Scar, and a true King knows that his power lies in his subjects." Zande narrowed his eye, letting a growl rumble in his throat.

Princess Izzy
04-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Scar rose to a sitting position when a wildabeast was dropped in front of him. As the brute went on and on about a true king and whatnot, he looked him over. This was the male that was manipulating Kovu, and Scar didn't like the way he was talking to him. Zande, however, is much larger than the King, so 'disciplining' him for talking to him in such a way was out of the question. His eyes flicked from Zande, to Vitani, and back to the lion as if to say 'there's a cub, take it easy,' but it wasn't like he cared about what Vitani saw. The only thing he was afraid of was the princess not looking up to him if there was some sort of fight, for he would surely lose. His eyes traveled over to the lioness. Her white pelt was familiar. "Why are you here."

CuteLilRedhead
04-13-2011, 01:50 AM
Smelling the meat A'shira ran out of her cave and pounced the meat hoping to get a few bites in before she was told to leave by Scar. She tried to take large bites and shove down as much as she could. The hunger in her stomach was slowly subsiding but she stopped before she had too much. She was the outcast of her new family... So she didn't feel she had the right to dig in like the others. She rose and looked at Kovu giving a small sigh then backing away for others to feast as she licked the blood off of her paws.

Shani
04-16-2011, 09:56 PM
(I'm soo sorry I have been really busy lately please forgive me.)

Zira began to give her daughter a bath, cleaning her from dirt and blood. Zira smiled and chuckled a bit when Vitani ran pouncing on Kovu. Zira looked at her love, Scar and smiled when he brought food over to her, laying with her. She foolwed suit and began eating with him. Zira saw Vitani waddle back ove, once she layed down she nuzzled her for a moment then went back to eating. After Zira swallowed a piece of meat, She turned toward Kovu. "Hey Kovu where've you been?" She asked.

Zira saw a lion and lioness approch, She reconized the lion but the lioness was new. Zira looked at Scar with couriousity. Zira was cleaning herself off, before she took her place by Scar.

giraffesrkewl
04-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Kovu shrugged his shoulders at his mother. "Nowhere." He answered. He was still upset about being taken away from his only cub friend here. Being a little child, he acted that way, too. He was planning on giving his parents the silent treatment for a good while, or until he met up with his friend again. When he had gone and taken a piece of the meat, he had lost sight of where she was. He planned on going after her soon though.