PDA

View Full Version : The Brotherhood IC

John
03-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Everything happens for a reason, at least that was Victor Von Doom’s way of thinking. It had been a few years since he had been to the U.S. Frankly he was never impressed with the place all that much. Of course, when you are the ruler of your own country, all the others fail in comparison. Not to mention that Latveria was a beautiful and serene place compared with the concrete jungles which seemed to permeate the States. But when an opportunity like this arose, one had to take it. And now as he sat, his cold emotionless eyes staring at the face on the computer screen from behind his mask, he smiled.

“Your plan is good Mister Fisk,” Doom’s deep voice echoed slightly as he spoke. “But I fail to see what benefit it will be to me. Surely you have enough resources to accomplish this on your own.”

“I do Victor,” The Kingpin spoke with a tone of respect. “But since the incident at Stanford things have become, shall we say, difficult. It has become almost impossible for anyone to make a move with SHIELD clamping down, trying to impose the Registration Act. And you must understand, there can’t be any link to me in the end because of this. Not everyone knows me as the Kingpin of crime. And anonymity has it’s advantages.”

“Anonymity is something you and I do not share Mister Fisk,” Doom chuckled slightly. “But perhaps there is a way we can be useful to each other. Tell me what you propose and I will see what I can do.”

“Excellent,” the Kingpin smiled and the sound of typing could be heard coming through the speakers. “I have just sent to you the details of my plan. I’m sure you will find everything in order.”

Doom opened the newly acquired folder and took a few moments to view it’s contents. It was a good plan. And one that Doom could definitely work to his advantage. While the Kingpin’s ambitions centered around crime, Doom’s were much greater. And with the list of names provided, Doom had pawns he could send into battle rather than depleting his own forces first.
“Very well , Mister Fisk,” Doom spoke calmly. “I will help you.”

“Thank you Victor. And here’s to a -” Doom clicked off the conversation and stared at the dossiers on each of the people in the Kingpin’s folder.

Not only did it give details on them, but also gave him a way to contact them as well as a secluded meeting spot in the form of an unused warehouse in the Bronx. Immediately, he began typing and sending out the messages that would bring the pawns to him. Once that was done, all that was needed was to send a message to his daughter Valeria, telling her of the slight alteration to his plan.

As he headed towards the door to make his way to the warehouse, Doom couldn’t help thinking that even with most of the people on Kingpin’s list being criminals, none of them would be too interested in money given the current state of affairs. But self preservation was another thing altogether. There was strength in numbers and none of them, no matter how conceited, powerful or psychotic, could deny that working together would definitely improve their odds of success.

Almost_Blue
03-21-2011, 01:14 AM
The slick black mob car made it's way through the moonlit docks, finding it's way to a secluded spot behind the designated warehouse, where one enticing invitation had forced the hand of one powerful woman to choose a side on this matter of the world.

Emma Frost sat comfortably inside the parked car, staring out of the black tinted window that was just adjacent to her right. Her eyes merely stared in the direction of a large steel container, while her mind was surveying the area within a one-hundred mile radius of the warehouse, counting every active mind in the area.
She reached down, pulling the handle on her door as it swung open. The Driver of the vehicle remained in his 'zombified' position, with his hands on the wheel, as he stared emotionless out of the front window.
Stepping out, Emma admired the bright moon that lit up the area, which also made Emma's white fur coat stand out more than it usually would during the nighttime.

'The sound of silence' had fallen upon this empty lot, as the only thing that could be heard in the vicinity was the sound of the driver, pulling a container out from his front jacket pocket, before holding it out the window.
Emma reached over, and took the case from his grasp, pocketing it soon after, as the driver went back to his default position.
Removing her hat, Emma's long blonde hair fell down onto her shoulders and back as she tossed the white hat back onto her seat, closing the door immediately after. Pocketing her hands into the side of her long coat, she turned and began to walk toward the warehouse, spotting the door she was going to enter through, but still had quite the distance of walking before she got there.

Cleopatra
03-21-2011, 03:50 AM
The jungle, mused Cheetah to herself, was a world all in its own. It was twice as chaotic as the realm of humans, and yet it was so much more simple. Everyone knew their place in the order of life. They did not stray from it. To do so would be to risk death and total destruction. She recalled a time, before she had left the jungle, that she had watched a colony of ants leave their hill for what they thought was a more favorable spot. What they hadn’t realized at the time was that where they moved was a dry riverbed that was flooded periodically. When they rebuilt their hill, they thrived for a while, and then they were all drowned at once. It had made Cheetah laugh.

Now, she stood in the shadows in the corner of the warehouse where the self-proclaimed genius Dr. Doom had told her to meet him and the others. She had to admit to herself that she was interested in seeing what plan he wanted to put before them. Trying to get so many psychotic killers together meant that he either had something brilliant in store, or that he was suicidal. If the first, then she had a feeling she would want a part of it. If the second, then she wouldn’t want to miss the fun.

Cheetah would be the first to admit that she didn’t care whatsoever about the problems the heroes were facing. They could all suffer as far as she was concerned, but she was smart enough to know that they would be after her next. And she was willing to bet that they would love to have a cheetah skin on their walls, whoever THEY were. Cheetah didn’t trust anyone- for all she knew, Doom could have lured them all here to kill them. But somehow she doubted that.

She knew that the Frost woman was here. She had actually arrived before Cheetah had, but Cheetah was faster and was the first to enter the warehouse. The window she had crawled through hadn’t even been locked, which Cheetah supposed was a result of the fact that most of people Doom had invited didn’t typically use doors. But like any cat, she was content to wait around and see what happened before she pulled herself out of the cover of the shadows. She was less likely to be noticed if she kept still and quiet. No one saw cats when they didn’t want to be seen.

Marilith
03-22-2011, 11:35 AM
A Botanical Garden in the Bronx was a strange place to find a woman this late at night, especially a beautiful woman who was all alone. However this was the perfect place and current residence of the woman known only as Poison Ivy, once considered a villain by the people of Gotham City - and still technically considered one. However she was not a villain in the truest sense, something her nemesis -the man known as 'Batman'- understood, her crimes were not against other beings but simply in aid of her precious environment as a whole. She had not committed any form of crime now in the city for weeks now, not since her move from the Arkham City back to Gotham and then on to New York and she had simply holed herself up here in these Botanic Gardens, waiting for a specific time to pass before she made her way to a place she had been informed of not long ago. After all you had to be fashoinable when you were heading to a meeting.
And of course some enthusiastic young fools didn't think that through, and still insisted on trying to capture her.

"FREEZE IVY!"

Turning her head ninety degrees from her seat in the middle of an old stone statue that was amusingly shaped like a chair, Pamela Isley -known by almost all as Poison Ivy- smiled slightly as she saw a pair of policemen walking slowly, staggering really out of fear of the figure who they were attempting to confront, into the middle of the lair of this legendary Super Villain of Gotham..
"Sure thing sugar," she drawled in a deliberate Southern Accent, "But I'd move quick if I were you, my pets don't particularly like it when people get all hostile in these here gardens. After all, friends usually don't let people hurt their friends, especially friends like me. I have done so much for these poor plants in recent days that they really love me, just like I'm sure you would if I let you. But watch out, they're hungry for a midnight snack."

It was the mistake then of the two police officers to turn their heads and look down at the ground around them, looking for the hungry plants, for the vines that had been uncoiling slowly and silently near their heads struck in a moment, snapping shut around the necks of the law enforcement officers and making them drop their guns.
"Sorry boys," she said in her normal voice, the vines tightening as she stepped down off her seat and walking over slowly and sultrily, "But I can't let fleas like you take me in tonight, I have somewhere to be."
Smiling and raising her hand, she blew them a kiss as she walked past them and out the doorway they had entered by. As she did so the vines around the men tightened and raised up higher, leaving their bodies now to collect amongst several others in the boughs of the trees here in the Botanic Gardens.

As she had left the place she had been living she didn't bother with walking along the ground, instead she made her way across the deserted street and sprinkled a small seed on the ground in front of a huge wall in front of herself. A moment later she pointed at the seed and then moved her hands upwards, and the seed sprouted from infancy to adulthood, a monstrously sized vine rising up and carrying her onto the rooftop. Smiling she opened her hand and the end of the vine presented several more seeds for her to use later and, with a toss of her lustrous red locks, she began to stroll towards the place she was supposed to go. It wasn't a long walk, the Gardens being fairly close to the warehouse in particular, and so by the time she arrived -having crossed several streets and rooftops with the help of her vines- she stepped onto a new seed and grew it across the road, noting a blonde woman approaching the warehouse as well.

Still she didn't call down to her, there was no need yet introductions would be made in due time and as she stepped onto the rooftop she strolled casually over to one of several skylights and dropped a pair of seeds onto the glass. A moment later a vine slammed through the glass, Ivy holding onto it casually and descending with grace. As it deposited her on the ground she planted a small kiss on the plant's surface and it retracted up to the roof, to wait for her there for when she was to leave. She was here and hopefully the meeting would start soon, she was not a patient woman really.

And above all she had an odd itching to return to Gotham...

Sir Manguydude
03-22-2011, 11:25 PM
A wisp of air was heard as Cain Marko, known mostly as the Unstoppable Juggernaut, smashed into the ground next to Emma Frost. He brushed some pavement off his shoulder, and stepped out of the small crater he created below him. He cracked his neck back and forth, and approached the door.

"Since I know you can't read my mind, if this ends up a waste of my time, you will be the first one I kill, followed by Doom."

Juggernaut grunted, and reached for the door. He opened both doors, ripping them off the hinges, then he smashed the bar that allows the doors to seal as he ducked through the doorway. The warehouse was dusty, all its contents long forgotten. He saw Poison Ivy, and shrugged off her existence. He knew that she would be easily squashed, as would the plants she commands.

Almost_Blue
03-23-2011, 12:09 AM
A wisp of air was heard as Cain Marko, known mostly as the Unstoppable Juggernaut, smashed into the ground next to Emma Frost. He brushed some pavement off his shoulder, and stepped out of the small crater he created below him. He cracked his neck back and forth, and approached the door.

"Since I know you can't read my mind, if this ends up a waste of my time, you will be the first one I kill, followed by Doom."

Juggernaut grunted, and reached for the door. He opened both doors, ripping them off the hinges, then he smashed the bar that allows the doors to seal as he ducked through the doorway. The warehouse was dusty, all its contents long forgotten. He saw Poison Ivy, and shrugged off her existence. He knew that she would be easily squashed, as would the plants she commands.

Not being able to mentally penetrate the Juggernaut's mystically originated helmet, Emma had no way of telling what was about to happen.
The crater-like impact from the Juggernaut sent an unaware Emma Frost flying to her right, a few meters. Before making an impact on the ground, Emma had changed into her organic diamond form, which, upon landing, made her own impact in the cement.

She rose upto her feet immediately after the savage entrance, staring into the Juggernaut's eyes through the slits in his helmet, frowning with disapproval. After his possible foreshadowing, Emma shook her head slowly.
"A few more thugs than I anticipated..." Emma thought to herself, before brushing the rubble off of her body as she 'morphed' back into her fleshy state.

Emma Frost glanced at the gaping hole that was ripped into the side of the warehouse, which was a definite strike two, in Emma's books.
"Marko!.. You do realize this was supposed to be a secret location? You're walking on thin ice, darling." She advised as she slowly entered the building, walking around the debris.
Glancing over to Poison, Emma smiled to the woman before making her way over to her. Emma held out her gloved hand, offering a greeting; "Miss Isley." She noted, nodding her head.

Marilith
03-23-2011, 03:57 AM
"Cain dear," Ivy said warmly despite the glare she received as the beast known as the Juggernaut made a ridiculous entrance into the building, his gruff demeanour already showing, "I'm so glad you could make it. However, dear boy, don't you think it would be better for everyone if you refrained from announcing our presence to every law enforcement official this side of Gotham? We don't really want all of our various enemies to know we're meeting here after all."
A sultry smile for him and then she noticed the 'Snow Queen' approaching, and -if anything- her smile grew even larger, more lustful.

"Emma," she almost purred, taking the proferred hand and holding on a few moments longer than necessary, her grip warm and clearly an offer for more should the woman want it, "It has been far too long. Still tying boys around your fingers I presume? I hope you're not trying to enroach on my territory honey."
Chuckling softly she casually dropped a few seeds behind herself then moved to sit, the plants growing into the shape of an easy chair by the time she had sat down. Of course she was not a rude person, so she created a second chair for Emma just as easily, gesturing for her to take a seat as well.

"So how is the state of the World dearest?"

Sir Manguydude
03-23-2011, 05:20 AM
"Thin Ice?" Cain asked, more of a statement than a question. "You an' Doom together couldn't beat me."

Marko leaned against one of the many crates sitting in the warehouse, and looked at Poison Ivy intently for a moment.

"You remind me of an ol' pal, though he is gone now."

Almost_Blue
03-23-2011, 10:02 AM
"Emma," she almost purred, taking the proferred hand and holding on a few moments longer than necessary, her grip warm and clearly an offer for more should the woman want it, "It has been far too long. Still tying boys around your fingers I presume? I hope you're not trying to enroach on my territory honey."
Chuckling softly she casually dropped a few seeds behind herself then moved to sit, the plants growing into the shape of an easy chair by the time she had sat down. Of course she was not a rude person, so she created a second chair for Emma just as easily, gesturing for her to take a seat as well.

Emma kept her grin steady as the two exchanged a heated greeting, shaking with the same manner of force, before nodding at her gracious offer for a seat.
She sat down comfortable enough to trust that she wasn't being slowly poisoned, but still cautious enough that Emma didn't want to let Isely's thoughts go un-noticed, considering how much the two actually had in common, deep down where only Auntie Emma could see.
"Nothing too exciting now, just the same old oppression~ ..Young mutant students killed by a hate-filled mob of homo-sapiens, and of course nobody takes a second glance." She waved her hand dismissively as she spoke with obvious sarcasm, having deep feelings on the matter.

She glanced over to Cain, as he continued to blow steam out of his ass, responding in the same kindness; "Marko, darling, please try to remember that I'm not as lenient, nor as forgiving as your dear half-brother Charles, and when that helmet comes off, I just may lose any, if not all merciful behavior, and you may just spend the rest of your days somewhere completely..useful." She warned, glancing intensely in his direction, before turning back to Pamela's position.
"I swear Pamela dear, if this turns out to be a convention of savage thugs, I may aswell just take on the rest of the country myself.." She bantered, having half honesty in the statement.

Marilith
03-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Cocking her head to one side, Ivy smiled curiously, quirking an eyebrow as the Juggernaut said she reminded her of someone else.
"Why Cain," she said in a highly amused tone, "Don't you know it's not very nice to compliment a woman by mentioning someone else? For all I know you could be referring to a former lover of yours and that wouldn't be very nice..."
She wiggled her fingers in his general direction, sending out a very subtle, colourless and odourless pheromone in that general direction -i.e., aimed directly at the Juggernaut- one that was aimed not to seduce but simply to create an effect of liking towards all others around the target. Of course he wouldn't be able to detect it but he may simply be resistant to it -due to his size and it was a very light pheromone- and so the effect would simply be reduced, maybe making him slightly more likely to agree with others.

Or so she hoped at any rate.

She of course smiled as Emma sat down slowly into the chair Ivy had given her, a knowing look passing over her face.
"Of course," she said to nobody in particular then, waving her hand flippantly, "We do need to establish some trust in this place. At the moment we are nothing but previously warring beings, ones who fought each other as much as those who oppressed us in any way. However while there is no trust there is also no mistrust, at least not from my part towards any of you. I don't think it would be prudent to eliminate potential allies at this early stage."
She smiled at Emma then, the hesitancy she had seen before obviously having been picked up on.

As Emma addressed the Juggernaut Ivy twirled her fingers idly, the vines on her chair shifting and changing around her easily, her sitting posture of comfort not changing as the chair altered it's position numerous times in the short time it took for their exchange to end.
"It is a sad state of affairs that we find ourselves in is it not?" she said simply, holding up her right hand to the light that was filtering in through the broken skylight above her, wishing somewhere that she had some kind of drink in her hand, "I would be interested in your... solution if this becomes the case, dearest Emma," she said with another lusty smile, "As long as you spare my lovely friends I would not mind in the slightest who rules, and I feel I would prefer you to many of the... alternatives."

Cleopatra
03-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Cheetah couldn’t help but want to get involved in the discussion going on with the other villains. She had intended to stay away until everyone was there, but with Juggernaut, there was no telling when things would start flying around the room. She left the shadows and gracefully walked towards the others, her tail slowly moving back and forth as she moved.

She spoke in a quiet, disdainful tone to the others. “Juggernaut, Poison Ivy, and Frost. Doom must be more desperate than I thought if he was willing to stoop to including thugs and… women such as yourselves.” Her lips drew back in a sneer. She had always made it clear how she felt about Ivy’s tendency to try to seduce her enemies and allies alike, and as for Frost… Cheetah found the woman to be far too much of a diva to be of any use to anyone. She was half afraid that in battle she would stop fighting to pout over a broken nail or something.

As for Juggernaut – he was the Juggernaut. Destructive, aggressive, and completely unreliable in a fight. He did whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted, or at least acted like he was about to. All three of them were dangerous to have around in Cheetah’s mind, but reflecting on the circumstances that had brought them together, she admitted to herself that she had few other options in her mind. Fighting alone was not a choice; she would be captured and paraded in a freak show if she was ever caught, and with no one she could trust to help her, that would happen quickly. Cheetah could not go back home either. They would look for her no matter where she was, and although the people in her village would not betray her, that didn’t mean anything to the rest of humanity. She was fairly certain that the Supers would look for her, and she couldn’t fight off all of them by herself. She could run, but she wouldn’t be able to hide. Cheetah didn’t like it, but she had no choice but to agree to go along with this.

She sauntered up to the table and looked up at the boulder of a man standing next to her. Then she started coughing and stared at Ivy. “Stop spraying people with those damn pheromones, Ivy! For God’s sake, I think I’m becoming allergic to them. They burn my nose.” Having the heightened senses of a cat coupled with the powers given to her by a god were always useful, but a strong sense of smell could be discomforting at times, even occasionally painful. Ivy’s chemicals that she was so fond of often irritated Cheetah. They were different from natural pheromones, even though Ivy produced them naturally. Just another thing she was going to have to put up with.

Marilith
03-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Smiling indulgently as Cheetah made her entance accompanied by some rather unnecessarily rude words, Ivy didn't bother defending herself -and her actions- to the jungle-bound woman, just as she never did to anybody. What was the use in defending who she was to the people around her, how was it their place to make opinions on her lifestyle? What's more it was hardly just her lifestyle - seduction was easy and fun and she was not the only person in the world who seduced others -though it was doubtful if she could even really be called a person any more anyway- and so was it a crime for her to spread the pleasure and love of others around the world? After she was no wanton slut, she had only ever let her actions go beyond the point of a little kissing and some light touching three times in her life - sex was nice but she didn't give it up to anybody at all. After all, she could twine almost anybody in the world around her finger given enough time and a promise or a wink...

"Such a pretty kitty cat," she almost purred back to the woman, licking her lips slightly as she did so, "Why so angry, pretty kitty? Surely there's no need to be so uptight here, we're all allies aren't we? I have no intention of ever betraying any body in this warehouse, nor any who shall come with the intention of being a part of this Brotherhood... or is a Sisterhood now? There are three of us, and only one man..." winking over at Cain, she gave Emma a sultry smile, then her eyes widened slightly in pleasure as Cheetah gasped and coughed, detecting her odourless pheromones somehow. She had no idea how the woman could smell something that had no scent, but was amusing nonetheless.

"My apologies," she smiled, wiggling her fingers at the woman though this time she didn't release any pheromones, "All I wanted to do was lighten the mood a little."
Of course she filed this information away for later use if it was ever necessary, since such a light dose of such a weak pheromone had produced such a vile response in the woman, a heavy dose of something strong would surely put the cute kitten down and out of action in a matter of moments. However she was a woman of her word, and she had just said she had no intention of betrayal and she meant it. She looked at Emma, raising an eyebrow slightly as though daring her to deny the words she had said before, of course not that the telepath would have an easy time of reading Ivy's mind - she was more plant than woman after all, so such a foreign mind as hers would surely be difficult to navigate, even for one of Emma's skills.

Gesturing behind the other two members of their group, two more chairs arose from seeds she had scattered upon entering, one strong enough for the Juggernaut and one that would perfectly fit Cheetah's form comfortably, shifting to accomodate her however she needed.
"Sit, please," she said in a more normal tone of voice, simply someone eager to get on with things, "There's no point only half of us doing so."

ILYTH
03-25-2011, 11:49 AM
The patent leather shoes clacked sharply down on the pavement as they stepped down from the parked car that housed them. The big purple hot rod may well have been conspicuous but it's owner didn't care, inside Arkham no one would mess with him and outside the chaotic city any confrontation was welcome sport. The ride over had been dull beyond reason, the clown faced goon driving was anything but a conversationalist.

The Purple suited man slammed the door as he stepped fully out of the car, the low hanging tails of his coat blowing in the midnight breeze. The Agile man spun extravagantly on his heels to face the rolled down window, the cracked and maniacal voice cut through the air with loaded words "Nice ride buddy boy but you bore me silly, can't have that can we bucko?" The Drivers face slumped forward after a shot rang through the silent air the silence quickly returning before being replaced with a the subtle drip drip of the thugs blood.

The Joker jigged away from the car sauntering through the night towards the warehouse that the insufferable bore Doc Doom had insisted he come to. The Joker knew he was late, he didn't care, as far as he could see he was worth the wait. The Joker giggled as he side stepped the gaping crater in his path, if that had been made by who Joker guessed then fun was certainly on the cards.

The Clown Prince pondered to himself what this impromptu little meeting was all about, it was Doomy so it would definitely involve money or power, two things the Joker cared very little about. One thing the joker was sure of though was that it would all have something to do with the Stanford issue, that idiot Nitro had no class, where was the one liner? School's out? Sound the fire alarm? where was the one liner, the pizazz, the heart. It was one thing to cause destruction but to do it in a boring way ruined a good thing.

Could be to do with all the government restrictions on heroes coming in to force, what did the Joker care about that though, they knew who he was, they knew who he was in eight different ways surely they could piece bits and pieces together. The Joker didn't overthink the reasoning though, it was a good opportunity for a laugh and the Joker looked forward to a break from Arkham and the humorless thugs that dwelled in that mire.

The Joker ran a gloved hand through his slick green hair before throwing open the doors of the warehouse chuckling madly as he did so. The Joker strode into the room, his nose twitching in a familiar way, he couldn't smell anything but he knew the feeling well enough to know that dear Miss Ivy was part of the little group long before setting eyes on her luscious frame. She was having words with another old acquaintance from back in the day, another of those accursed feline fem fatals that seemed to make his life considerably more frustrating every once in a while. Next to the lovely ladies was the cause of the crater outside, towering over the meeting with his false sense of bravado. The insufferable Frost was in attendance as well, Joker hated psychics, they were like psychologists and Joker had gotten bored of them long ago.

The Joker burst into pleasantries as he bounded down the gap between himself and his fellows. "Cain old boy is that you? Inconspicuous as always, I wouldn't even know you were there if not the big steaming crater outside. How's the Brother? Still getting the special parking? Ivy you look delectable, might want to change your perfume though, I don't think old Juggy over here has gotten over the girls have cooties stage yet."The Joker punctuated his point by giving the Juggernaut a little rap on the head with his cane, hoping to get a bit of a rise out of the dim witted behemoth.

Almost_Blue
03-27-2011, 06:25 AM
Emma leaned casually to the side in her seat, resting her elbow on the vine that represented the arm of the chair that it was being molded into.
Bringing one leg over the other, Emma smiled toward Ivy, only to recognize that Emma heard what she was saying, when in reality, Emma's mind wasn't exactly in the warehouse with the rest of her body.
She couldn't help but let a twisted smirk grow across her face as the unheard gunshot, ended a mans life right outside of the warehouse. The feeling of death, is an experience that Emma has personally visited, which gives her an advantage over other telepaths, who normally would suffer from some sort of trauma when dealing with death in the mind that they were inhabiting. The moment that Emma identified the killer, she perked up slightly, while still trying to keep her sharp composure.

It went without saying that Emma did not like the fact that both The Juggernaut and the Joker were going to be in the same room for more than a minute. Unstable minds in the business world, including evil business' meant for possible failure, and a probable mass explosions, and this was not the time, nor the group that Emma wanted to go down with.
She merely lowered her gaze to the cold oil-stained ground, as a soul that would make Loki the God of Mischief; cringe, entered the warehouse with such a large entrance that was equally as destructive as the crater in the lot.
The laugh of that maniacal clown echoed throughout the entire warehouse with ease.

The Joker was the third person in the group that Emma had trouble reading, but for more obvious reasons than the other two. She wasn't a novice, Immediate thoughts are displayed like spotlighted beacons to experienced psychic's, so regardless of how scattered one mind may be, it still reproduced thoughts out into the open like any other mind, which Emma was completely fine with, not wanting to dulge in the Joker's mind any longer than she had to.
"Don't worry.. Mister J--" Emma mocked.
"I'm not here to play with you, as much as I'm forced to.. play along."
She continued, before turning away from the possible chaos that may unfold between Marko and Joker.
Glancing to Ivy slightly, the question of how she has successfully worked with the joker in the past crossed her mind, but this was obviously something that Emma would need to put effort into finding out, in the future perhaps.

Bia
03-27-2011, 10:18 PM
((Because of Death's omnipresence I will try to avoid too much confusion by posting the time and location of each new section of post))

11:27 pm
Pondera Medical Center
Conrad, Montana

The half-open eyes of the still pink-faced newborn looked up at Death as she stood by his crib. No bigger than the size of a man's fist, little Ryan was extremely premature, and Death had come not only to greet his life but to end it. Nurses bustled back and forth in the small hospital room, but of course none of them could see her. One nurse came over to stick a needle full of some sort of liquid in his chest and, upon feeling the nurses cold fingers through the disposable gloves, Ryan squealed and flailed his tiny arms at the indignation of this new life.

Smiling at his stubbornness, Death reached out and swirled her fingers in front of his face, coaxing his soul out of the tiny body. Slowly but surely, she watched as the bright wispy thing that is a soul emerged, and Ryan's body slowly stopped flailing about so much. One of the machines next to the crib started beeping noisily and about 3 nurses practically ran over, talking loudly and pushing an oxygen mask up to his face.

The soul finally released it's hold on the pitiful body fully, and floated, swirling into Death's outstretched palm, waiting for Death's guiding hand to lead it to the afterlife. Coo-ing at it, as one would to a child, Death sent to it's destination. In this case, Ryan was being reincarnated as a hairless species of cat. The soul floated happily away, and Death smiled at another job done well. Paying no attention to the trivial matters of the nurses still running around her and messing with the baby's lifeless body, Death dissipated.

11:27pm
Busy side street
Uppsala, Sweden

The smell of burnt rubber was high in the air as Death approached the totaled car. A low groan could be heard faintly as she knelt down next to the middle-aged driver. Blood ran down his face freely, and his eyes did not even open as Death asked the soul to leave the wrecked body. This one took nearly no coaxing, and the wispy silver soul came willingly to her palm.

"Enjoy the afterlife," she whispered to the soul and pushed it on it's way. The soul seemed to almost flip for joy as it moved on to it's destination. Death stood up, ignoring the cars that were stopped, people on their cell phones, and the faint ambulance sirens in the distance. Instead, she dissipated.

11:28pm
Cheap-run down apartment
Bronx County, New York

The silver blade glinted on the bathroom floor as Death stepped over it carelessly, her attention on the dark-haired teenage girl lying next to it. The carpet Death was "stepping" on was wet with blood and Death reached down to get this soul quickly.
The girl was moaning and crying, her head shaking back and forth, and it took Death a little longer than usual to get the soul to leave. But it came eventually, about the same time the girls distressed mother discovered them. Paying no attention to the mother's screams, she pushed the soul off to it's new life as an Indian elephant.
Standing, Death was just about to dissipate when a sight caught her attention outside the window. Usually Death could care less about the matters of mortals, but she recognized the figure standing and brushing at her clothes. Was that...Emma Frost?

Teleporting instantly, Death realized it was indeed Emma. Emma had always been a being that particularly interested Death, and she had even been seen by her once, in one of her days as a mortal. Wondering what she could be doing in this dirty neighborhood, Death surveyed the scene.

A huge red man-thing was making his way into the warehouse where the ever sensual Poison Ivy had slipped down via plant,m and a sleek cat-looking woman was hiding in the shadows. Death followed Emma's tracks into the warehouse, curious as to why this gathering was taking place. They all acted like there were there for a reason.

She listened to their conversation disinterested. It seemed they were just making forced, yet polite, chit-chat. The cat lady sauntered over after a while, making her dislike of these people known, and complaining loudly about pheromones. Death laughed to herself, at least she was honest. Ivy made some sultry reply before the conversation was interrupted by the loud arrival of a figure Death was well aware of. The Joker. He had been the cause of death of a good many of Death's souls. In fact, not 2 minutes ago Death just sent off the soul of Joker's murdered driver. She wondered vaguely how he was going to get home now.

Dr. Dream
03-28-2011, 02:16 AM
Peter Williams, Williams Hotel Penthouse

Peter had thrown another party in the Penthouse of his Hotel, thirty of Gotham's richest citizens had attended. As people conversed at the party Peter made his way to the balcony and leaned over the edge, he had no fear of falling if that was to happen he could easily swing into safety or stick to the wall. He was a billionaire who owned one of the best hotels in Gotham, he was also one of the worlds best assassins. Peter himself had always avoided heroes, he didn't want to fight with others who had powers but now that a war between heroes had broken out he thought he should be involved. He was against registering and was not the most moral man so he joined the Brotherhood. Two of the greatest villains in the world were apart of the Brotherhood, Dr. Doom and the Joker, Peter wanted to meet both of them.

Scarlet, Peters girlfriend, came out onto the balcony.

"Peter why are you out here? You have a party going on." she asked with curiosity.

"Just thinking about some stuff honey, I'll be inside in a few minutes." replied Peter.

"OK Peter, see you inside." she returned to the party and Peter stayed on the balcony.

Peter had only recently joined the Brotherhood, he didn't really have time to introduce himself to some of the infamous members, tonight he thought it would be the perfect time. He returned to the party and was greeted by many of the guests. Peter smiled and shook there hands, eventually he got to the exit of the penthouse, he left the party without saying goodbye to Scarlet. Peter took a private stairwell to the roof of the hotel, when he was on it he started to swing through Gotham until he got to his mansion.

He landed on the roof and used a secret entrance, he was now in the attic and his suit was lying on a chest along with his pistols. Peter got into the suit and put his holster on and put the two 9mm pistols in them. Spider Man did you choose the right life? Peter quickly changed the topic he was thinking about, he was always thinking about what his life would be like if he was a good guy. But he usually changed the topic, he had a great life. Sure he was an assassin who was wanted in almost every country in the world but nobody had any idea that he was the billionaire hotel owner Peter Williams.

Peter left his mansion and began to web swing towards Arkham City, he landed inside of it and could see all the criminals moving around. Many of them had heard of the Spider Assassin but few had actually seen him, and few knew that he actually dressed up like a villain. Peter walked around until he found a place to sit down and relax, he was waiting to see if anyone of interest would cross his path.

John
03-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Arkham

The truck drove down the now quiet streets. Of course, if you looked hard enough, you could see that the calm was only on the surface. Back alley transactions and dark dealings were going on in every corner, yet the two men in the truck paid it no mind. They had a delivery to make and as it was, they were already late. They had been told that that was in the back of the cube van was of the highest importance; though that did little to ease their minds. The cargo was dangerous and neither of them liked being in such a close proximity to it.

“Hey Frank. Look there,” the man in the passenger seat motined off to a figure sitting alone.

“I see him,” the driver replied quietly, a touch of nervousness in his voice. “Think we should stop?”

The man in the passenger seat nodded his head and the driver pulled the turck over to the crtub. Stepping out, he slowly approached the figure.

“Hey web head,” Frank approached slowly pulling a piece of paper from his pocket and handing it to Spider Man. “There’s a meeting going down in the Bronx. It might be of interest to you. The address is on the paper.” Not waiting for a reply, Frank headed back to the truck and pulled away, heading off towards their destination.

The Bronx

Doom entered the warehouse, smiling under his mask when he saw those who had already arrived. It was a good team thus far and he was sure that more would be arriving soon. He walked over to a spot where he could get a clear view of everyone and began to speak.

“On behalf of our benefactor, I would like to thank you all for coming,” Doom’s voice echoed throughout the warehouse.

“The reason why we are here is quite simple. War is upon us. The registration act threatens to expose you all and no doubt the heroes will be quite anxious to round all of you up. And it seems that they have banded together in an effort to do just that.” Doom paused for a moment to ponder his next words.

“As such I wish to propose an alliance. A brotherhood if you will. While all of you are more than competent and each of skilled in your own ways, none of you can hope to survive what is to come without help. Normally I wouldn’t care. But once SHIELD and The Fantastic Force have finished here, I have little doubt that they will push the United Nations for a worldwide registration act. And for reasons of politics, this is something I cannot allow.” Doom’s voice became a little more stern at the end as he looked to the loading door of the warehouse. The truck was late, and he found that to be quite annoying.

“It seems there are several gangs in New York that could be of use to us. I wish for all of you to act as envoys and try and sway these gangs to our side. Should they refuse, kill them. Once this is done, I would like to request,” Doom turned to look at Joker, “that we create a base of operations in Arkham City.

“As for the heroes,” Doom sneered when he said the word. “They will meet the same fate as any who get in our way. “

Dr. Dream
03-28-2011, 05:53 PM
ARKHAM
A truck stopped in front of Peter and a man came out, he walked slowly towards him and pulled out a slip of paper. “Hey web head, there’s a meeting going down in the Bronx. It might be of interest to you. The address is on the paper.”

Peter grabbed the piece of paper and read it, when he looked back up the guy was gone and the truck was driving away. "Thanks." said Peter despite the fact the man was no longer there.

Off to the Bronx I guess... Scarlet is going to be pissed...

THE BRONX
After quite a while of web swinging and running Peter had made his way to the Bronx, he was on top of a building and was looking at the meeting place. Should you go Peter? Or should you fight with the good guys? Peter let out a deep sigh and jumped of the building and began to web swing towards the meeting place. He got in just in time for Dr. Dooms speech.

Peter listened to the speech carefully, he did not want to register, not if it meant Scarlet would be hurt. He had made hundreds of enemies in every country, gangs, mercenaries, rival assassins, the list goes on and on. Joining the Brotherhood was the best option for Peter, the secret defenders would be the second best option but Peter didn't think they would accept an assassin.

Ambassador Fish
03-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Rogue stood in the shadows in the corner, she was familiar with a lot of people here but she wasn't the most active talkative person in the brotherhood but she always did her part. Because of her power she was usually drawn back anyways, the moment she forgets to put her gloves on she could steal someone's powers, maybe too much and injure the other brotherhood member. She shook herself from her thoughts and forced her mind to concentrate on the speech.

Her head was hurting and she didn't know why, this made her close her eyes and try to concentrate on the speech instead of the pounding in her head. It took a lot of consideration for her to join this team. For her to fight against some of her old fellow x-men. However, this is the decision she had made and this was the one she was going to stick with. She drew herself back from her thoughts again and stared ahead into the room in front of her with the other members and the speech that was going on in the room. Okay Rogue just focus on what is being said she reminded herself over and over until all of her thoughts disappeared.

Marilith
03-30-2011, 12:18 AM
Smiling as she heard a familiar voice from outside, Ivy turned her head only slightly, just enough to be able to see the purple-clad form of the Joker enter the warehouse and she gave a small smile at the arrival. Old allies were always preferable to old acquaintances, and while she was familiar with everyone in the warehouse -except the girl who was hiding in the corner, but she wasn't speaking and she didn't appear to be in her tastes either- she was actually comfortable around the Joker. A lot of his tricks didn't work on her after all, short of a direct bullet in the face, and so she was more at ease around him than most were. In fact she could feel Emma tense a little as he entered, and while her smile did not change she stored that away for future use as well, should it ever become necessary.

"Joker dear," she said with a pleased smile, creating a chair for him in moments, "You look positively glowing, a new skin care regimen perhaps?"
Playful banter was always good with one of his sort, and while she would not have been comfortable speaking to him in such a way in the past it had been a long time since she was only a rookie on the scene, so she knew he would not take offense. "And I'm sure Cain wont mind little old me, after all what could I possibly do to him?"
As Emma glanced at her Ivy reached over and took the other woman's hand in a warm grip, stroking the back of her hand as she did in a comforting way as well as for a secondary reason. She was so used to seduction that she didn't even think about it, but the best way to get one to respond to you was by starting with an innocent touch.

It was like breaking a horse; once they were used to your touch they became much more... biddable.

And then of course Doom arrived, and while Ivy did not break her grip with Emma's hand -nor would she unless the woman drew away, you had to let things like this happen in their own time- her eyes did tighten for a moment. He was here on 'behalf' of their benefactor? So that meant someone was pulling Dr. Doom's strings? Poison Ivy very much doubted that, it would be like someone pulling Lex Luthor's strings, or someone successfully able to pull The Jokers - it was unfeasible and simply outlandish to even entertain such a notion. She noticed the entrance of another of their group as Doom began speaking, and a couple more chairs sprang up to follow, one for him, one for Doom -if he wished to sit- and one for the girl who was still in the corner.

"Do you have any preferences as to which gangs we are to approach each?" she asked into the silence following Doom's words, taking it as a matter of course that the Heroes would meet their ends - they had to for this to be successful. "Or any preference for how we are to convince them? Would you prefer we seize power ourselves, or simply convince their current leaders to join? Or is it a nonissue? Forgive me," she gave a low, throaty laugh, still stroking Emma's hand -provided the woman did not draw away- "I am more used to working with my... friends than any human allies you understand."

Cleopatra
04-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Cheetah heard the gunshot before she heard Joker’s trademark laugh and smelled his damn laughing gas. The man always seemed to have the scent about him. He was not on her list of preferred allies, but she had to admit that Doom had more courage than she had thought. Throwing such a loose gun into any plan was a huge risk, especially if it promised to be as big as the one the good doctor had suggested.

She opened her mouth to comment on why he was there when the foreign accent of Doctor Doom filled the room. Her eyes narrowed when he mentioned a ‘benefactor’. That meant that there was someone behind the scenes pulling his strings, which meant that their strings were being pulled as well.

“Bad, bad, bad,” she muttered quietly to herself.

Then Doom mentioned gangs. Cheetah felt her ire rise again, but she shoved it back down. It was true, they could use them in their fight, but if they were actually going to use them against the heroes, then they would be little more than meat bags and bait. She felt her anger subside and a small smirk grace her lips. Survival of the fittest. If they weren’t smart enough to stay away from the supers, then they would either die or live. Helping the circle of life continue.

Cheetah barely registered the entrance of the other two- the Man Spider, as she decided to call him right then, and the girl in the dark corner. She registered her away as the Emo Girl. If Cheetah’s knowledge of what an emo actually was, that girl seemed to fit the picture perfectly.

Of course, as long as she could fight, it wouldn’t really matter what she was like. As far as she was concerned, she would fight alongside them, and that was the extent of their interaction.

She walked over to the table and set her palms on the surface leaning over it a little. “Besides the gangs that refuse, and anyone who annoys us, who are we going to kill? Please tell me it’s someone who stands for something stupid like virtue.”

Almost_Blue
04-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Emma sat back in her seat, bringing a hand up to gently massage her temple as Ivy stroked her hand. The rest of the group didn't need to be telepathic to tell that Emma wasn't liking what she was hearing, as she frowned with disapproval.
Knowing she needed to tread only on a specific path, Emma merely sat back in patience, monitoring the grounds of the Warehouse with her telepathy as she brewed up a proper plan in her own mind.

As it seemed Doom's plan wasn't going to change, Emma shook her head slightly, glancing over in Doom's direction, and created a link between the two minds.
And though she had linked minds Dr.Doom, she respected the man enough to not use her ability to explore, while she was in there.
"Victor..darling.. I'm not happy.." a voice echoed throughout his mind, and his mind only. As Emma stared into Doom's eyes through the slits in his metallic suit from a few meters away, she continued to express her unhappiness to Dr.Doom before he could offer any kind of response.
"I could have many gangs at our disposal in a matter of minutes, you're fully aware of my capabilities. And I'm going to continue to assume that you have a separate plan.. Something that wouldn't be putting me to waste.." she expressed, while still staring in his direction.

John
04-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Doom smiled as Cheetah and Ivy both asked their questions. Questions which he was more than happy to answer. That is, until he felt the pangs of anger stirring inside him at the voice in his head. He felt that hiding something from the others was no way to gain their trust. And they would have to band together in the coming days if they were to be successful. But for the moment, he did not wish to express his anger, something that Emma should be thankful for. But right now, Doom wanted their loyalty. So it was better to stay calm…at least for now.

“Sometimes those with virtue,” Doom turned to Cheetah. “Can be useful tools, or useful prisoners. But I won’t ask you suppress your desires. If you feel that anyone has to die. So be it. Other than the leaders of the gangs, I care not.”

“As for who specifically we are after,” Doom smiled beneath his mask, thinking of the power he would have at his disposal if they were successful. “They are; Jigsaw, Black Mask, Jackie Estacado, Pyro, Sabertooth, Two-face, Rhino, and Zhaz. Some will be more easily swayed than others. But use caution, all of them are skilled and quite dangerous.” Doom paused for a moment to clear his throat.

“And my dear Miss Frost,” he spoke politely as a voice came over the radio in his helmet. “I have something far better than mere puppets.” The moment he finished speaking, the loading door of the warehouse opened and a truck pulled in.

The driver and his passenger got out and, walking around to the back of the truck, opened the door and pulled out the ramp. Anyone who looked closely at the truck , could see that it was riding rather low, as if some great weight were inside. And after a moment, the sound of large metal footprints could be heard as the figure emerged from the back of the truck.

It looked identical to Doom, with the exception of the face, which appeared to be made of flesh and placed over top of Doom’s metal mask. It walked down the ramp of the truck and then moved to the side fo the truck, standing to face Doom.

“This ladies and gentlemen, is a Doombot.” Doom’s tone was prideful. “They really are quite useful and I have one for each of you. And gentlemen,” Doom turund to face the men from the truck.

“And gentlemen, I would like ot thank you both,” Doom grinned evilly beneath his mask, his tone reflective of it. “But I’m afraid your services are no longer required.” With that, the Doombot turned, what appeared to be lightning steaming out of it’s hands. The two men flew through the air as the electricity coursed through their veins, before falling into a crumpled smoking heap on the floor.

“Now,” doom turned back to the group. “Are there anymore questions?”

Marilith
04-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Tapping her finger thoughtfully on her lips as she considered the words Doom spoke, Ivy began to twist a careful little plot in her mind, watering it as she would a plant that she was growing naturally and letting it get some 'sun' as it came to fruition. She had no idea what she would do with this idea yet, it was simply the beginnings of a thought of what to do. In fact because it was so unformed it was exciting, and she realised she had been increasing the speed of her stroking of Emma's hand, so she slowed it down again, this time changing it up to a more caressing stroke, as though getting to really feel the hand she was holding.

Which she was, she was even considering going "all the way" for Emma, just to see how it'd be... But later of course... Maybe...

"I have dealt with both Mr. Zsasz and Two-Face before," she mused aloud before the bot was revealed, "So I don't mind dealing with either of them. Joker dear," she turned to look at the maniacal clown with a smile, "You can choose which you would prefer to approach, and I shall take the other."
Of course when the Bot did enter she eyed it interestedly, seeing ways in which she could improve it with her friends. Of course she would have to experiment with it later, not here and now since doing so may offend their benefactor's agent, and she did not wish to do that.

"Two," she added, "How do we control them? And when do we begin?"

Almost_Blue
04-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Emma tapped her nails repeatedly on the rough organic greenery that formed a seat, as Doom responded with a solid description of what he was imagining for a plan. She hadn't really noticed the caressing from her agronomist teammate, since her white leathered glove was taking most of the noticeable friction, and Emma's mind wasn't completely back to earth yet.
Out of the list of names and targets, Emma really only recognized a couple of them, and unfortunately she knew them well. Her grasp on Ivy's hand grew tight out of subconscious reaction, as she worried that her full talents in this time of war would go to waste regardless of how much she tried to persuade.
She glanced over to Ivy and released the grasp, pulling her hand back as she caught her embarrassing act of frustration; "I'm sorry dear.." she muttered to the woman, before rising from her seat.

Turning to Doom and his doombot, she slowly made her way over to them, while claiming; "Well Victor darling, you can leave Pyro and Sabretooth to me~", as she reached the doombot, placing a hand over it's shoulder, smirking. "And if for any reason our fellow collaborators can't finish their jobs, I will deal with the matter without demur."
"So do they fly?" She asked, knocking on the doombot's chest in a manner that would test it's durability, before glancing to Doom.

Cleopatra
04-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Cheetah gave a derisive sniff. All of these targets were people who she would have wanted nothing to do with. Rabble, all of them, and the people they ‘led’ were the same. Oh, well. She would have had to go up against them at some point or another in this town most likely. The Doombot she was given stood in the corner, looking as broody as the person it was built by. She looked over at it, her tail flicking back and forth a little, betraying the fact that she was thinking to others. Her tail only moved like that when she was agitated or thinking.

Frost seemed very interested in her Doombot, walking around it. It probably wasn’t flashy enough for that woman.

Cheetah frowned when Frost claimed Sabretooth for herself. She had been wanting to test herself against him for a while. It was typical that she got the shaft on that one. With a sigh she straightened and looked Doom in the eyes. “I’ll be going after Rhino. Now, if we have nothing else to discuss, I’ll be heading out.” She turned to look at her Bot. “You. Follow me.”

Pheasant
06-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Jinx had been sitting quietly in the darkness, like a good little girl. Her feet even dangled from the tall crate she had turned into a chair, completing the look. To anyone, she looked like a prissy, overconfident girl who thought herself too good to associate with the rest of the villains present. To anyone who looked deeper, they would see how terrified the girl was.

The villains she was watching weren't petty, or to be considered lightly at all. These were legends in their own time. Masterminds, maniacs, cold blooded efficient killers. In her time at H.I.V.E. she was taught about many of their exploits and activities, and as a turned hero, it filled her with fear. Every single one of them would be more than enough to take Jinx down single handedly, by themselves. A group of arch-villains? Was it really so strange to feel fear?

It was best for her to remain in the back, behind the scenes as much as possible. During her H.I.V.E. days, she had often compared herself to Joker's sidekick, Harley Quinn. She hoped he wouldn't make the same connection. Out of all the villains here, she wanted to spend time with that evil clown the least.

Now she had a new toy to play with, Jinx mused, as her Doombot came forward. Gizmo would absolutely love to have one of these bad boys. She doubted that it would survive long enough for her to turn it over to him, however. She would be lucky to ever see Gizmo again, after plunging this deep into the crime underworld, a world she thought she had put behind herself when she first joined the Teen Titans.

Jinx might never see Gizmo again, or the Titans...or Wally...

Oh god, that last one hurt. She hadn't been able to speak to Wally, Kid Flash, in nearly two months. All of his phone conversations would be wire-tapped, and if the government caught the two together in any form, Wally would be imprisoned. He was too much of a good man to try and evade his sentence, like Jinx had. Then she would try and rescue him, and be captured too.

That's why she was here. Why she hated the government and the registration laws.

Wally would never accept the way she was about to bring those walls down. But right now she was so desperate to see his smile, to feel her lips upon his...

She was going to tear down every goddamn wall between them. If that meant doing some horrible things, with horrible people, it was the price.

"Black Mask is mine", the girl murmured, stepping out into the open, more well lit area, her Doombot tailing behind her like a puppy, "I'll do whatever i can to reel him in. A man like that is better for us alive than dead, with his resources"

The girl left immediately with her Doom-bot in tow.