PDA

View Full Version : Secret Defenders IC

StormWolf
03-16-2011, 06:16 AM
In the forgotten tunnels deep in the bowels of New York and Gotham, the heart of resistance and defiance beats slowly, keeping the thought of the old ways still alive. Down in those old and dark tunnels, the heroes than ran from the overbearing hand of the government make their Forward Operating Base, ready to defend the people of their greatest cities from crime, the Brotherhood, and the government. These renegade heroes, inspired by the heroic actions of Captain America, have banded together to do things the way they should be done.

In the "Briefing Room" of the Secret Defenders base, Frank Castle stood back and stared at the maps on the walls, pins and colored thread criss crossing themselves like one of spider-man's webs. Ever since the Stanford Disaster, Frank had set up shop in the subway, tracking the spread of crime, but specifically looking for the scumbag that started this whole mess: Nitro. The tunnels were dark and cold, lit by lamps on generators and no means of heating the place. Besides, heat would show up on S.H.I.E.L.D. sensors, and their fight would be over before it began.

Ever since Registration Day, the government and the people have plastered on fake smiles and pretended that everything had changed for the better, that crime just withered and died, when in fact the exact opposite happened. There is a reason why crime was always out of control before the heroes came. The police are incompetent, fat, lazy, and many of them are crooked. Heroes remained untouched by the politics of the departments and so they fought crime as a charity, cleaning up the streets. Now the heroes were becoming cops, the crime started to spawn again, a once-recessive cancer coming back and striking at New York and Gotham. Frank saw this coming. He was prepared for it. There were few problems that can't be solved with enough ammunition and ordinance. While there were a few exceptions, the Defenders would be cleaning the streets the old fashioned way. They all knew that the villains would escape their cages sooner or later, so while some, like Batman, will still be playing it clean, Punisher will be playing it safe by putting crime down for good. Frank reached for his tape recorder, clicking record and taking a breath,

"War Journal, November 2012:
The Registration Act has passed and disunity continues to spread amongst the superheroes. It's disgusting to see the true defenders of this country taking up arms against each other, or worse, with the criminals themselves. I need to keep a clear head and remember my one rule: No compromise." Frank released the button, walking over to he large maps of New York, Gotham, the US, and Latveria.

"War Journal:
Nitro has yet to flee the country. Probably on the no fly list minutes after Stanford. Been tracking his movements via crimes that fit his profile. He seems to have reached Manhattan and is now laying low. I need to continue my search and give the baby-killing son of a bitch his just desserts." Releasing the button again, the Punisher moved over to a computer monitor, taking a sip of some luke-warm coffee as he searched the police mainframe, courtesy of his friend Soap. It was nice having guys on the inside. Batman and Green Arrow had their own insider assets as well. Without them, the Secret Defender's wouldn't have the nice equipment that they had. While it was pretty bare compared to Stark Tower or the S.H.I.E.L.D. heli-fortress, it wasn't half bad. Frank had been in rougher F.O.B.'s during the war. There was no time for rest, no time for compromise in war... not in a war like this. The Punisher had to stay vigilant and continue down his path. Destroying the corrupt was the only way the country would get cleaned up from a mess like this.

The Punisher was not alone in his fight to keep thing they way they should be. Several others had joined him. Frank had to expand his old lair to accommodate the new bodies. It was nice to have someone to converse with without the use of the water board or the alligator clamps. Frank almost expected them to question and judge his actions once things got serious, but he wasn't about to change over the complaints of a few prissy goody-two-shoes. Sometimes, death was the only way out for those twisted enough. For people like Nitro, death was the only thing they had coming their way.

Yoruyonaka
03-19-2011, 08:58 AM
A shimmer of light, a rustle of leaves. Something moved through New York Cities Bronx District towards a bridge. If you had the ability to sense the invisible, you would see a martian Bio Ship (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110306012333/youngjustice/images/6/6c/Bio-ship001.jpg) flying silently towards an underground subway opening near the bridge. It shifted itself ever so slightly, and became more egg like in manner as it sped underground within the larger tunnels that didn't run anymore. It finally reached a certain chamber in the tunnel systems and landed quietly. The opening of the egg-ship then opened with a quiet hiss, and an invisible figure moved towards a door. The figure place a hand on it, and a light scan moved up and down. The door shifted open, and the figure moved into it.

Once the door closed, the invisibility lifted to reveal a strange young woman. Her green skin and red hair would shock anyone who saw her. The dim lights of the Secret Defender base hallway did her no justice. Her name was M'gann M'orzz, or Megan Morse her human identity, returned to Earth to continue the fight as Miss Martian, to attempt to undue what has happened. She walked calmly on towards her quarters where she slumped on the bed and curled up into a ball. This was, she thought, is becoming to much for one Martian to handle. She layed there for a few minutes before taking a small orb from her pocket. It began to glow brightly as she spoke.

"It's November 2012 on Earth, I have returned from my homeworld where I have spoken to my uncle. He must stay there for now, because Mars leaders are discussing the problems this civil war has started. He wont be able to leave for a while to assist with anything, and I am unsure if he will register or not."

Megan sighed as she thought of home.

"I got to see my sisters and parents at least. I got to make them Earth desserts which they enjoyed. I miss them already, but I know its important I make my use here. Earthlings are confusing creatures, although we ourselves have conflict with our White Martian bretheren at times. I just worry for humans. But now, I must speak to Mr. Punisher....er...Mr. Castle that is. Well, log out."

Miss Martian put her orb into a drawer by her bed side, and walked to the door. She looked back one more time at a moving frame picture of her home and family. She turned again and walked into the hall.

Entering the Briefing Room with a plate of cookies in hand, she noticed Castle was there alone and she then felt nervous. The Punisher always seemed an intimidating person, but she sucked in a gulp of air and straightened her back.

"Hello Mr. Punisher, that is Mr. Castle," Megan quickly corrected. "I have brought cookies! That is, I have returned from Mars to continue my help as best as I can. What are we going to do next?"

Lord Tully
03-20-2011, 04:00 AM
In his own quarters Logan, also known as Wolverine, was giving a small punching bag several strong blows, it was the only way he could vent without damaging anything, and Logan prefered to not anger Frank by smashing up what was pretty much his place. It was cold in Logan's room, as it was in most of the tunnels the Defenders used for their HQ, but Logan didn't mind, it kept his muscles on edge, which is useful when you live as a renegade super hero. Sighing as he sat down on his bed, Logan thought to himself, ~How did it ever come to this?~ as his mind wondered back to before the War.

Logan shook his head to clear his mind when he thought he heard familiar voice from a few rooms away, "Is that?" Logan muttered as he stood up to go and stick his head out the door. Looking down the hallway Logan saw M'gann M'orzz, who he'd thought would be back home on Mars for longer. Thinking to welcome her back Logan followed M'gann to the briefing room where he saw Frank Castle with a tape recorder in his hand. "Tell me Frank, why is it that when ever I come in here you're sitting there brooding into that thing?" he asked in a dry, slightly sarcastic tone before stepping around M'gann to speak to her, "Welcome back kid, I thought I'd still be back home talking to your uncle. I take that since he's not here he's not coming to help us."

Ace of Hearts™
03-20-2011, 07:05 AM
"Ha, wow, you must really like to play cards" A blonde woman said behind a register, as Gambit set down at least 5 decks. She was young, maybe..20, 21? Her light freckles vanished into her dimples as she smiled. Her chin resting on her hand.

"Well, I like Solitaire okay." Gambit responded. He leaned in a bit, a small smirk forming. "That is, unless I got someone...to play with."

The girl now had the dreamy eyes, as she gazed into his, and she was now subconsciously twisting her hair with her fingers. She snapped back to her senses, and rang up the amount of the cards. Five dollars. He reached into his trenchcoat's pocket, pulling out the bill, which rested in between his middle and forefinger. It was folded into a neat little square. He flicked his wrist, the bill falling in front of her. He was almost out the door when the girl piped up one last thing.

"Wait, um, is there anything else you might like?" She said, a hint of excitement in her voice. Gambit only winked at her as her left.

It was night, the moon was just only coming over the skyline of the city. It was nights like this that reminded him of New Orleans. Only, he was missing something. Or more spefically, someone. Ever since the registration, he hasn't seen hind or hair of Rouge. He had hoped she was in hiding, but, worse case scenario was she was downed due to resistance. Rouge was her own woman, after all. In any case, he needed to move on. He turned into a dark alley way, in which there was a small manhole leading into the base.

He had just began to lift it when he heard footsteps echo off he walls. He turned around, expecting a member of the Defenders possibly. He saw only two silhouettes. One appeared to be holding a crow bar, the other a chain. They must've seen him walk into the alley, figuring him an easy target. He grinned as he pulled his staff out of another pocket and exended it.

"Bonjour" He said, as the two rushed him. The man with the chain thought it wise to throw it. Gambit caught it on his staff as it circled it. Catching it with his other hand, he charged it and threw it back, a purple beam in the black alley. It hit the man in the stomach, and he was sent flying out of the alley. As for the Gordon Freeman fellow, Gambit waited until he was done gawking at where his buddy landed. He charged at him, swinging the crowbar in a downward motion. Gambit moved to the side swiftly, and delivered a kicked to his stomach. As the man bent over himself, Gambit brough his staff down on his back, slamming his face first into the hard ground. He rolled his neck and straigtened his coat. He opened the manhole and climbed down. Most of the latter was rusted off, so he usually had to jump to get off or on.

The tunnels were cold, colder than the outside. It was never like this in the X-Mansion. The wooden halls and soft beds were replaced with crumbling concrete and stained matresses. He followed the guide lantern into the control room, where his eyes met Castle, Wolverine, and of course, Miss Martian, holding those delicious cookies of hers. She was a lovely shade of green, and her red hair complimanted it. She was like a Christmas martian, if she knew what Christmas was. He pulled up a chair kicked his feet onto a table.

"Sorry I'm late, I...met a few friends..." He said, raising an eyebrow, and shuffling his new cards.

StormWolf
03-21-2011, 08:47 AM
"Hello Mr. Punisher, that is Mr. Castle," Megan quickly corrected. "I have brought cookies! That is, I have returned from Mars to continue my help as best as I can. What are we going to do next?" Frank heard a young and femenine voice chime out behind him. That voice did not seem to belong in such a dank and dismal place, but Castle knew how powerful Megan was, and he was more than happy to have her on board, even if it was impossible to tell on that face of his.

"Welcome back, Megan." he said in a dry tone that was lacking any strong emotion. Frank tapped his tape recorder against his squared chin as he scanned over the maps and files once more. He did his best not to pay any attention to the Bugle's ramblings about how the Defenders were menaces like the Brotherhood. How dare they mention the Brotherhood in the same article as the Secret Defenders.

"War Journal: I really hope good Mr. Jameson kills a hooker to I can put him on my F-list. His biased newspaper isn't helping the Defenders with the public, that slimy motherfu-"

"Tell me Frank, why is it that when ever I come in here you're sitting there brooding into that thing?" Logan's raspy voice interrupted Frank's train of thought, but he had said everything he needed to say in to his recorder. Frank slipped the recorder in to his pants pocket and walked over towards Megan, grabbing a cookie for himself before going to the main table in the Briefing Room,

"Because I don't trust you or Gambit to keep mission reports. Gambit would likely let his tongue wag once one of his floozy's loosened it for him and you would probably drink enough whisky to forget we did anything." Frank smirked faintly, forgetting the simple fun of soldier banter. Logan and Frank served a tour together once. Frank was still slightly uncomfortable with how loose a canon Wolverine was, but damn, did the man dish out results. Frank took a bite in to the cookie he took from Megan's plate, the warm and chewy center melting in his mouth,

"Wow..." he said flatly, reaching in to his pocket and pulling out his recorder again, "War Journal: Megan is making desserts from now on." was all he said before putting the recorder back in its pocket. Suddenly, there was the sound of rippling leather coattails as Gambit entered the room,

"Sorry I'm late, I...met a few friends..." Gambit said in his usual care-free tone. Frank shook his head and sighed, sitting on the table and taking another bite of cookie. He chewed a moment before smacking Gambit's feet off of the table, which was riddled with maps and case files,

"Did these friends of yours happen to see where you vanished to?" Frank inquired in that same cold, hard tone of his. There was no jest in the man's tone simply because it was no joking matter. Right now, anybody and their grandmother would turn in the Defenders for the reward. That was the first order of business.

"We need public favor. Right now, thanks to the Bugle and the Times, we are just as bad as the Brotherhood. We need to show the people of this city that we are the same heroes we always were and that we are here to keep them safe. If we play kiss-ass with enough of the population, I doubt they will call the Renegade Hero hotline once they lay eyes on us."

Ace of Hearts™
03-21-2011, 09:20 AM
The aroma of those cookies, drives a man crazy. He had to have one. They were so addicting. Gambit gambled many things: Money, jewels...life. But he'd never risk losing one of those cookies. He was just about to reach for one when Castle slapped his feet of the table.

Damn, did Frank have power. Damn near knocked him off the chair. As he took off his boots, rubbing his feet, Frankie scolded him.

"Did these friends of yours happen to see where you vanished to?" He said, all serious like. Gambit did feel a little guilty by not throwing a card and just blinding the basterds, but he risked media intervention the resulting explosion might cause.

"We need public favor. Right now, thanks to the Bugle and the Times, we are just as bad as the Brotherhood. We need to show the people of this city that we are the same heroes we always were and that we are here to keep them safe. If we play kiss-ass with enough of the population, I doubt they will call the Renegade Hero hotline once they lay eyes on us."

"Well, one guy was in the street clutching his gut, and the other ate the concrete, so, maybe not?" Gambit answered. The man in the street was most likely in too much pain to even move, and the one in the alley was out cold. Gambit noticed why Frankie knocked his feet off the table. Files and maps and poems Castle probably wrote in his down time.

Bullets are grey,
Organs are red,
Screw with me,
and you'll be dead.

"No, you see Frank, all the mud on my boots hit Jersey, so it makes no difference." Gambit joked, trying to relieve some of Frank's...Frank-ness. He put his boots back on and moved around to the other side of the room. Cookie time. He walked to Miss Martian, who was holding the cookies. He was glad he was wearing gloves, because they were still a little gooey. He gave a wink to her as he sat back down, still chewing on the cookies.

"Anb besibes," Gambit said with his mouth full of pure delight, "Nobody reabes zha newsbabers....anymore." He said, swallowing the last of the cookie. He clapped his hands together to get rid of the crumbs. Besides, it wouldn't clash with the nice, hard and dirty ground.

"Whatter we doin' next?"

soullesshuman
03-21-2011, 01:17 PM
William was walking the streets, finally getting some fresh air after his buddy Aztar insisted on praying for a good hour or so. The worst part about being a chunk of God coming down to earth to deliver justice was that he never got the party every once in a while. That just sucked. He was wearing a big sweater and baggy pants to hide his white skin. Thankfully for his face he could just cover it with a metal mask he made for occasions like this. No one would mind a man with a mask going to a rave or partying.

The college student didn't feel the cold that seeped into his skin, he didn't much feel anything at all. Sometimes he missed the sensation of life, being able to feel cold or hot. Now, he only felt vague wisps of sensation, barely enough to make him aware of what he was walking on and the general temperature around him. Sometimes, it made him bitter and angry, though he was assured every time that this was just how things were meant to be. Of course, it didn't help that he was being 'comforted' by an eternity-old hunk of ectoplasm whose main goal in life is to kick ass.

With a mental nudge, the once-college student sighed and growled a moment. He didn't even get a drink before he has to go back, huh? What a load.

Aztar was silent as always, looking through dazed eyes at this world black and white with sin and innocence. As far as he was concerned, this was no outing. This was a hunt for the evil of this world. It would always be a hunt, no matter what the desires of his young host. They were already late for that meeting. It was difficult for the spirit of vengeance to accept working against law, and with those of questionable morality. However, he was quick to learn that this was not the simple black and white world he was blessed with in the past. He would merely have to adapt and perhaps, one day, be granted the luxury of easy decisions in the future.

William looked around a moment, before hearing a small meow. He approached an alleyway and kneeled down to see one small kitten, trying to keep warm in its box. Against the insistent nudges of his possessor, he picked it up and held it close before falling through the floor and just barely missing the man known as Gambit during his tumble. "Sorry I'm late." He spoke quietly, peeking in the box to make sure the precious cargo was unhurt. "Any of you got some body heat to spare?" His question was matched with his white fingers holding up a shivering, mewling little ball of fur.

Aztar eyed the green woman and spoke suddenly through William, his voice changing from that of a normal college frat boy to something deeper, hollow, and not quite human. "And she is?" His voice was laden with distrust, though this frosty nature was typical of the Spirit of Vengeance. The hero made himself comfortable by transforming the green sweater to a green cloak over his broad shoulders, revealing his paper-white skin.

The Imposter
03-21-2011, 03:50 PM
The hooded figure walked down the street with their head hunched down, keeping themselves hidden form any wandering eyes. Ever since the registration act many now tried to hide themselves from the public eye. Bobi was in the same boat. With this second mutation she wasn't able to get out of her ice form, which made her easy prey for S.H.I.E.L.D to be on the look out for. Even with the hoodie there were little things that gave her away, her brow furrowed as she watched her breath escape. With her powers mutating she had a harder time controlling them and thus she was giving off a small aura of cold, that and she had hardly any body temperature, so she was leaving very little of a heat signature.

She slightly grinned at the thought remembering Logan telling her that sometimes the most simple disguises provided the best results. The showed her that he had used an eye patch for years. It really wouldn't help her in this case but the hoodie provided enough to cover her icy locks of hair and glistening face, even her eyes were frosted over. She quickly took a glance around her checking for any movement, paranoia was to be expected now especially when entering the secret lair of the only resistance against the registration act. With the coast clear she proceeded into the abandoned subway station.

The briefing room was the meeting location but Bobbi had trouble understanding Logan and Remy's directions. This would be her first meeting with the rest of the group, she was glad that some of her former teammates vouched for her but couldn't help to think that she was going to deal with a lot of distrust. That is when she came to it, a steel door with a scanner at it. She sighed and walked up placing her hand in position, it scanned and then bleeped red.

Oh great! My first day here and I can't even get it, neither of the guys said anything about this....I don't even have fingerprints right now!

She looked up and looking for anything that would be giving off heat, if she was lucky they have cameras set up and would let her in. She realized she was still wearing her hoodie and pulled it back revealing the living ice sculpture that she was. She smiled and waved to the camera finally finding it.

'Hi everyone! Name's Bobby-jo....um can I come in?'

Yoruyonaka
03-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Oh my goodness, Megan thought blushing at Frank and Gambit, they like my desserts. She smiled at both of them shyly as she nibbled on one herself. She put the plate down on the table, sitting down in a chair across from Gambit. He had winked at her before he sat himself, which confused her slightly. Was he sending me a message, or was there something in his eye? Megan looked down at her legs, still puzzled. She was happy though that Frank decided she could cook more which she enjoyed.

"We need public favor. Right now, thanks to the Bugle and the Times, we are just as bad as the Brotherhood. We need to show the people of this city that we are the same heroes we always were and that we are here to keep them safe. If we play kiss-ass with enough of the population, I doubt they will call the Renegade Hero hotline once they lay eyes on us," Frank had said looking at Gambit in annoyance as she could see.

"Well, we could-" Megan stopped in surprise as an apparition appeared out of no where next to Gambit. She turned invisible out of surprise and her senses went wild when she sensed distrust from the being. Smacking her hand to her forehead, she remembered Frank telling her about the Spirit of Vengeance. Though she had hoped that he told the Spirit about her.

"Erm, Mr. Spirit, I am Miss Martian, Megan Morse(M'gann M'orzz) for friendly purposes, that is if you want," She replied nervously. "I hope we can all be friends, so we can work together without conflict."

Then she sensed another presence outside one of the doors. Her eyes glowed with a white sheen as she got a visual of a very awkward ice woman.

"It seems Bobby-Jo, I think, is at the south door," Megan said to Frank, not nervous anymore. "She cant seem to enter, shall I let her in?"

Lord Tully
03-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Logan listened to all the conversations as best he could before turning to Frank, "I've got to agree with Remy on this one Frank, with all the bull crap that gets printed in those things no one really pays attention to the papers anymore." he said before going of to a spare seat and sitting down. "You know me Frank, I'm ready to help you with whatever you need me for."

He was about to ask Megan about her uncle again when someone dropped in through the ceiling, "That's a neat trick." he quipped as he drew one of his claws out a little way while still in his chair. He retracted it when the man spoke but he wasn't even sure who he was, "I think a better question is who are you? Did you invite him Frank?"

soullesshuman
03-21-2011, 11:21 PM
The Spectre looked over at the alien once, before walking to her and placing the shivering ball of fur in her hand. "You loon kindhearted enough. Take care of this." He spoke gruffly, this being probably the closest thing to a compliment one would get with him. Then, he turned to the man with the claws. He must've forgotten to introduce himself properly. Such an issue could be fixed.

"It's no trick. I am The Spectre, Spirit of Vengeance. I was not invited, rather I came here to help put an end to this skirmish before it could potentially interrupt my work more than it already has." He spoke bluntly, voice echoing and somewhat distant. He then leaned against a wall, crossing his arms and appearing to be simply watching. William finally let out a sigh, wondering why Aztar always had to be so damned cold and unfriendly. Of course, if he had lived for an uncountable number of years not once even drinking, much less getting laid, he'd be just as grumpy.

StormWolf
03-22-2011, 04:36 AM
Frank's eyes narrowed as the Specter phased through the ceiling with a little kitten in his hands. Once Frank was sure that it was the Specter, his hand slowly released from the grip of the pistol on his leg holster. There were few people who could simply waltz through inches of steel and concrete; the only ones that came to mind were in the same room as him besides Nightcrawler, Martian Manhunter, and Cloak. Punisher was still unsure if the Specter was trustworthy, and bringing a stranded little kitten was not proof enough of the Specter's kindness and willingness to be a team player.

"A timely and dramatic entrance, Specter, but the kitten was a bit much." Frank said flatly before heading over to he main control console, opening the door for Bobbie. Logan and Gambit supposedly vouched for her, and the Punisher was in need of as many allies as he could get his hands on. Besides, if this woman proved to be anything other than what Logan had said, all it took was a few squeezes of a trigger to put the problem behind him.

Out front, the heavy door slowly swung open with the grind of metal on metal, opening up to a dark hallway lit sparsely with low-energy consumption lights. Some of them flickered due to age or a faulty bulb, shadows making the tunnel as large or as small as the person walking down it imagined it to be. Few people realized how important mind games were in a fight. Punisher learned that lesson well from the Jackal, so well, that the Jackal was now six feet under, and Punisher was still around.

"You know me Frank, I'm ready to help you with whatever you need me for." Logan said in a surprisingly friendly manner. Frank was not used to Logan being so easy to deal with. It was refreshing, but unsettling at the same time.

"This Bobbi-jo seems to know you, Logan. I think she'd be more comfortable being in a den of renegades if you helped introduce her. We have a martian, a psychic card-shark, a... Specter, and a known serial killer all in the same room. Not exactly a friendly atmosphere to walk in to. I want her to know what she is getting herself in to." Frank spoke straight to the point. There had been plenty of stalling, and he had yet to put tabs on the progress of the Fantastic Force and S.H.I.E.L.D., and he needed to keep people in line. There were only so many of them, and they needed to be proactive.

"Where the hell is that damned bat and Robin Hood?" Frank muttered, grabbing a headset attached to a radio affixed with a signal encryptor, "Black Knight, this is Black Rook, what is your ETA? The party is about to start." he barked in to the radio, his patience wearing thin. Castle wanted to get the show on the road and actually do something.

Mosaic
03-22-2011, 08:11 PM
It's been near eight years now. Almost eight years since England came to it's senses with his help and guidance. Eight years since he'd been "dead" to the public eye. Now he found himself in America in abandoned train tunnels. There were few things to catch V by surprise, but Mister Castle's actions to contact V were a mystery. How Castle knew he was still alive, or what inclination he had to believe such, was beyond V.

It mattered really honestly, those like Castle and V were forced into hiding by an act of the government in an attempt to monitor and control those who were "more than human" to put it simply and broadly. It was something V could understand, knew, and believed needed to be stopped as soon as possible. However ending something like this, took time, took planning.

V had not left his room or had any communication with anyone within the compound other than Mr. Castle, and that was whenever the man could spare the time. When he was alone, which was often, he listened to radio broadcasts, and news reports, looking over maps of Gotham and New York placing down marks to see the frequency of crimes and where the most concentrated area's were. He had spent so much time held up in his room, that he doubted any others even knew he was there, if Castle had even mentioned it to them.

He had been hear for a while and the rate that the crime spread through these cities was nigh insane, he kept track of those that had similar signatures and noted them down in a journal he kept near the map. He had been here long enough, maybe it was time to leave the room and go to Castle rather than request he come to him. He was starting to feel it was time something be done to send a message to set the wheels in motion.

He removed his wig and mask from the mannequin head he had on top of a table. He tightened his gloves around his charred hands, and double checked the mirror to ensure that nothing was shown. To say the least he was quite anal about not letting any of his gruesome appearance to show.

He walked out of the chilled room, into chilled corridors, it had been explained why it had to be so cold and why heat sources had to be very limited. This was very different from the place he had called home before he gave it to Evey, but he was among people who thought as he did, to an extent.

He continued walking down paths until he came to the meeting room's entrance and stepped inside. "Black Knight, this is Black Rook, what is your ETA? The party is about to start." He heard that familiar voice bark into a radio microphone. He looked around to see the motley crew that had been gathered, all with near similar positions on how crime should be handled, but each with their own rules.

"Ahh, it seems I missed the note pertaining to a gathering. I really should leave my room more to check for these things." he said behind the pale white Guy Fawkes mask, a permanent cold ceramic grin set as his face. It gave the illusion that he was always in a chipper mood, even when he was killing a man. He kept his hands held behind him as he stepped in further observing them. To be honest he had heard little of them as he had kept himself secluded in England, more interested in guiding the country from the background, rather than the happenings in the outside world. "A party Mr. Castle? I do hope I am invited, I do love a good party to attend." he said that masks grin plastered against his face.

SikstaSlathalin
03-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Two shadows were stealing through the night toward the backdoor of a tall and dilapidated building. A single sickly light gleamed through the black showing a bolted steel door, the pair walked under the light and faced the door they were a man and a teenager. The man was well-built and balding his clothes her greasy and rumpled his face was the picture of excitement and greed, the teen was dressed in just baggy jeans and shirt both black in color his face was just scared shitless.
"Now listen these guys are not your average dealers, they're the big boys, I mean Cartel lieutenants here. Just let me do the talking and we'll be rich beyond our wildest dreams." The man reached for the door but a bright green flash made him stop and quickly turn seeing only a fist before he was dead. The crash of a body hitting the steel of a dumpster ringed through the dead night that shrouded rundown apartment house. A green light reflected off the blackened and broken windows and a figure dressed in fatigues, boots and a t-shirt stared at the dead man his skull partially caved in.
"The light has left him so it was my duty to take life from him, do you wish the same fate boy?" He says still staring at the dead man his head never moving toward the shaking boy. In a quaking voice he squeaks out.
"N-no sir, I-I just wanted some extra cash f-f-for my mom." The boy swallows staring wide-eyed at the massive glowing man the muscles in his arms like steel wire and his chest like something out of the Greek Parthenon.
"There are better ways then this, drugs lead only to death and darkness. I recommend you find one of these better ways, I might not be as nice next time we meet, now go." Sentry says turning his head to the boy his blue eyes boring into the young man's body and soul. Without further urging the teenager runs at full speed back into the night. The sounds of knocked over trashcans and crushed boxes mark his retreat.

Sentry clenched his fist and turns to the door, without a word he kicks the door in it flies taking at least one of the walls out before it stopped with a loud crash. His enhanced senses scatter into the building and soon they locate the Dealers. In another flash of green light the Sentry takes off running at a great speed his mind calculating every turn and twist allowing him to run with no noise or hindrance. But the crooks heard him kick the door in and were already running for their cars. They almost made and even managed to turn the keys but it was still too slow, the giant erupted from the door and punched his fists through the trunk of the front car and hood of the second with ease. He lifted them off the ground and held them there until the eight men still believing they can escape scrambled out of their trapped vehicles and to the ground where they scatted in every direction. Never one to miss a beat the hero put the cars down then ripped the doors off them and like massive boomerangs he hurled them. One door for each man and eight deaths for the Sentry. Each door collided with it's target most got their necks snapped and died instantly but two men were unlucky and were just crippled and lay in moaning and weeping piles on the ground. With a grimace Sentry runs to the piles and preceded to end the misery of the men. No one should suffer before death criminals included.

With the job done and the night wearing on Sentry must get back to the tunnels of the Secret Defenders base. Can't have a party without a candle on the cake as they say. Scanning his memory he takes off at a steady jog making a beeline for one of the manhole covers that led into the cold and dank underground. In a few minutes he arrived at the manhole. After making sure no one had seen him utilizing his sense of hearing and smell he pulls the cover off and drop in letting the cover drop back into place behind him. Once he's in the underground he lets out a deep sigh relieved that tonight was a good night for control.
"Guess the violence was enough to keep the psycho happy and lessen his pull." With another breath the man creates a bright green light from his hand so he can walk safely along the windy tunnels until his gets to the guided path. It had been many days since he'd joined the Defenders and revived the true way of the superhero. Fighting evil and not your allies, defending the weak and fighting for the greater good. This civil war was an insult to nature and an abomination of society. The stupidity of humanity was winning the constant tug-of-war against reason and Sentry foresaw it being the end of all of them. Good, bad, all of it, it made the man disgusted at the whole thing bit it also made him wonder what higher power was guiding it all and why if that power was supposed to be good. If the power wasn't going to save the world it fell on those that could namely superheroes. That's why he joined the Defenders he thought if anyone had a snowball's chance in hell of saving the world it would be this group of misfits and renegades. And he'd offer all he could for the cause even his life, and the best part is he hasn't met anything that could kill him.

He entered the guided tunnels and took off at another steady jog he figured they'd all be in the control room by now so forgoing his room and his Sentry costume he made for the room. As he approached the door he slowed to a walk his ears picked up voices in the room which proved his assumption right it also proved one thing about living in an underground base, echoes were forever present. The man smoothed his blond hair back and opened the door.
"Hello all, sorry for the delay had to bust up a Cartel drug deal. Sentry reporting for duty Castle and company." He says scanning around the group.
A Martian with a kitten and cookies, three mutants, a ghost, a man with a grinning mask, a Black Knight with guns, and a modern day Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. This should be fun. He thinks rubbing his chin slowly as he takes a seat near the wall.
"Quite the crew you managed to pull together Castle. The darkness will have a fight on it's hands." He says nodding to the leader.

robert
03-24-2011, 01:03 AM
After arriving in this time, it took awhile to track down where Logan was. Fortunatly, Adimantium isn't the most common metal on the planet.
Bishop hefted his gun and stalked the sewers.
Eventually, he reached the place.
He calls out,
"Yo, Logan! You in there? It's me Bishop!"

Evil Troy
03-24-2011, 05:58 AM
On the outskirts of Gotham City lays the home of Bruce Wayne. A mansion in its own right, Wayne Manor has been the home of the Wayne family for many centuries. But that is not the only thing it is home to. Deep underground a large cave system lays scattered out beneath the manor. This cave is home to hundreds of bats but it is also the lair of none other than Batman. From his large super computer to Batmobile The Dark Knight holds a whole arsenal of crime fighting gear within the cave walls. Underneath the dims light hanging from the ceiling of the cave the caped crusader tirelessly works as he always does. However, something within the world of crime is shifting, changing in such a way that is putting Bruce on edge. Because of this Batman has no choice to act. After a few quick strokes on the keyboard a messaging window appeared on the computer, followed by a reflection of himself. As much as he hated working with The Punisher due to his murderous views on crime I didn’t have much on a choice this time.

“Encryption code 39b4, video message begin. Frank, I’ve got some bad news. As you know I’ve been keeping track of the criminals in Gotham who have sided themselves with The Brotherhood. Well lately there has been major activity between them all. It seems that they are all leaving Gotham and making their way to New York. Frank I’m not sure what they are planning as of yet but whatever it is I know it’s going to be big. Because of this I have decided to leave Gotham for the time being and travel to New York and aide you and the others who are there. As much as I hate to leave Gotham wide open you all are going to need as much help as you can get.
This is Batman signing off, video message end.”

Bruce’s heart sunk after he closed out of the messaging window. Ever since Stanford disaster everything has changed for the worst. Communication between Robin and Nightwing has all but been lost, heroes are now fighting amongst themselves, and worst of all criminals have started working together. It was almost like a bad dream you can’t wake up from, but at the same time now was not the time to get weak. Bruce…no, Batman had to be stronger than ever. Without any further delay Batman got up from his seat and made his way over to the Batmobile. Before getting in Bruce turned to Alfred.

“Alfred prepares trucks to head for New York with the necessary equipment. Also keep an eye on things from here. I have a feeling whatever is going on in New York will also be coming here eventually.”

After a single quiet nod from his faithful butler Batman jump within the Batmobile and made his way towards New York.

Yoruyonaka
03-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Megan observed as everyone started arriving. It wasn't until a ball of fur was dropped in her hands that she noticed a kitten was in the room. All the unique people that were here and arriving made her actually forget the kitten was there.

"Why do I get the earthling pet?" She asked looking at the Specter in confusion.

She looked at the poor little thing. It was a grey little kitten with wide little blue eyes that looked around at all the strange humans surrounding it. She decided to go into it's mind to figure out if she could read its thoughts. Some creatures she learned may not be able to speak, but they thoughts had emotions that she could understand.

"Mew!" it squeaked in surprise of her probing. She closed her eyes, and blocked out all other noise as she listened carefully to only what the kitten was thinking.

"Ahh," Megan said aloud without noticing. "Your a female kitten. From the Russian grey species. How interesting?"

She smiled with the knowledge she gained when using her abilities.

"I believe I shall call you..."She began lifting the cat up so they were face to face. "Umm.....er.......mmm..."

Megan looked at the kitten without a clue as what to name the animal. She sighed, and held it gently in her arms like an infant. A man with a mask just walked into a room talking about a party or such. He was wearing the most disturbing mask Megan had ever seen. She didn't understand why the man was hiding his face. Another man was there that had this glowing appearance. Her senses told her he was bouncing with strange energies.

"Maybe one of you could help me name this little one?" Megan asked smiling around. "That is, when it is a more appropriate time." She laughed awkwardly.

A beeping noise came from the command screen in the briefing room. The screen came on and showed Batman clad in gear. He spoke about the problems of not wanting to leave Gotham alone, but he promised to join them. Boy Megan, she thought to herself, things are getting interesting.

Lord Tully
03-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Logan nodded to Frank and stood up after retracting his claw, he left the room as the man known as V entered, Logan had lived a long time and had seen many things, but few things in all that time were as unsettling as V was. While on his way to the door Logan could still hear the conversation between Frank and Batman, "Finally, something to do other then sit on my ass." he whispered as he got to the large main door to the compound. Logan was strong but the door was still heavy enough to give him a touch of trouble opening in.
When it was open Logan looked outside to see not only Bobbi, but Bishop, another of his former comrades, "Bishop, I didn't now you were coming too, this is good, we need all the help we can get." he said as he waved the two inside before closing the door and reengaging the lock. "Come on, I'll introduce you to everyone." he said as he turned to go back to the briefing room.

The Imposter
03-25-2011, 01:27 AM
The door opened to reveal a dimly lit hallway. Bobby proceeded her steps giving the soft hint of caution. Her face revealing a hint of nervousness. The dim lights glistening against her icy face. She proceeded down the hallway and slowly began to pick up voices, following them she eventually made her way to the briefing room. She paused before entering, realizing that this was the beginning, her first real step in helping the fight against the government.

With a deep breath Bobby walked forward into the room and into the group that had amassed.

'Hey everyone....thanks for letting me in. I have no fingerprints so it proved a little difficult. I'm Bobby-jo and here to help in anyway I can.'

It became evident to everyone that she was a bit nervous and her speech was fast and her hands moved along with her. She waved to Gambit and Logan and waited to hear what was going on.

robert
03-25-2011, 05:57 PM
"Bobbi, is that you under there? Man oh man, I almost didn't recognize you."
He looks to wolverine.
"Sure thing." He smiles.
"Cookies...may I?" He eyes the plate of cookies like a man who hasn't seen something like that in some time.
"Well, you know how it is...something someone does in this time is gonna screw the future, my intel is shit this time though, other than it happens because of something someone does during the course of this cival war. Somebody is gonna go too far. But I don't know who or exactly what. If people were keeping records then, I didn't have access to them."

"Hey..name's Bishop. Logan and I go back a bit."
He nods at them.

StormWolf
03-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Frank looked around at the collection of vigilantes he had mustered up. While they may not have the numbers, the paycheck, or the employees, they made up for it with astounding strengths. The Punisher alone was a powerful asset, but to add individuals like V, Wolverine, Sentry, Miss Martian, Batman, and others of similar caliber in to the mix spelled trouble for crime. Only so much could be judged at this point in time, however. Frank had yet to see how all of them operated as a unit. If there was anything less than complete synergy among them, the entire operation could end in disaster. Batman was on his way and Frank had yet to hear anything from the Green Arrow, and time was of the essence. Every minute they sat with their thumbs up their asses, crime gets that much more time to flourish and fester in the cities rotting wounds.

Castle opened a channel to Batman and Green Arrow's secure communications devices so that the Punisher could get on with the briefing for the current situation unfolding in the streets above their very heads. Wordlessly, as was Frank's way, he turned on the image projector on the center table and loading a memory storage device, filled with images and reports Frank had liberated from the NYPD criminal database.

"Now that the majority of us are present, we need to get some real work done." Frank said in his usual dry and serious tone, carrying a slight chill with the words. Clicking the remote to the projector, the video file just sent by Batman was displayed on the wall adjacent to the band of superheroes. Frank held up his hand to usher silence so everyone in attendance or over coms could hear.

"I am sure you have all noticed the pathetic situation the city is in now that Registration is being enforced. Heroes are more concerned with running from their own kind or kissing the polished asses of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Tony Stark." Frank hit the remote again, bringing up images of grisly crime scenes that have been occurring all over Manhattan thanks to the new Gangs prowling the streets.

"The NYPD lacks the manpower and the means to combat the new gangs that have started turf wars all over Manhattan. All we know is that wanted super-criminals are leading these gangs and they have some outside funding. Never in my years of fighting scum like this have I seen a gang be able to score Stark Industry quality weaponry on the black market." Frank clicked the remote again, bringing up a map of Manhattan.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. has done the hard part for us and sealed off the city, but they failed to evacuate the city. We are going to be the stuff of nightmares, ladies and gentlemen. The Fantastic Force and the Criminals are stuck here with us. We need to neutralize the gangs and eliminate their leadership. Hopefully we can find out who their charitable supplier is, but this is only the main course... we have something to sweeten the pot..." Castle clicked the remote again, an image of Nitro (http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/object/923/923962/nitro_marvel_pictureboxart_160w.jpg) popping up on screen.

"You all should know this man. This is Nitro, the son of a bitch responsible for the Stanford Disaster. I have been tracking his movements after the incident, and all signs point to Manhattan. If we catch this child-killing piece of trash and give him his just desserts, the nation will love us for it." Frank looked around the briefing room, his bulging arms crossing over his broad chest, stern face glaring out to the others in the room with him, "Any questions?"

Ace of Hearts™
03-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Gambit yawned whilst every new member of the team came through the door. Well, most came through the door. Specter came through the walls. He wasn't surprised. He saw a lot of that around Shadowcat. That oughta prove useful. And, besides, Specter came with a cat! He handed it off to Miss Martian, who tried in vain to name it.

"Hey, Wolverine, how 'bout we name 'er Sabertooth?"

Then came the next, a woman he was familiar with. The Bobbi was hooded made her look like a monk. Or, Nightcrawler, traveling in daylight. She just couldn't do the the cool 'poof' and transport. Of course, freezing people solid, and allowing Gambit to blow em' apart with a good card was nice.

Not that he'd do that.

"Jus' when I thought it couldn't get any colder down here, the Ice Woman Cometh." He said jokingly, giving her a nod.

Then, came the only masked hero, V. Dressed in all black and wearing a creepy mask, which had a permenant devious smile on it. He wondered what was under that mask. Maybe he really didn't have a face? Just nothing except eyes, floating there.

Bishop. That name rang with a bad sound in Gambit's head. He did try to shoot him, after all. That wasn't good. Of course, he understood why. Still, being at big ass laser gun point is never a good thing.

But, finally, Castle got down to brass tacks and disscussed the plan of action. Gambit thought it was a damn shame what the government was doing. Locking up mutant who could do wrong, and letting the ones that actually do wrong roam free. He couldn't wait to get out there and do some good.

After Frank's speech on the situation, he spoke up, actually having an idea for once.

"If we're goin' inta that city, we'll need some kinda infiltration team. We can't go in all gunsablazin'. We need to maybe, find out what's goin' on within the city. I'll suggest myself, before anyone else tries to. I'll done some shades to hide these beautiful eye ah mine. Maybe, Specter over there can come, with the phasing he posses. And, maybe, M'gann? She can go invisible. We can scope out the place, and radio in where to hit."

The Imposter
03-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Bobby-jo listened as the Punisher began giving the low down on what was going on. She nodded in agreement with his idea on finding Nitro, he was the one responsible for all this. Not to mention it would be nice to find some favor in the public's eyes for awhile. As an X-man she never really had the populace supporting her and it would be nice not to have to cover herself up all the time when she went out.

'uh...'

She was just about to speak when Gambit piped up, giving the idea of scouting out the city for any leads. She giggled a little bit at his rather grand scheme.

'I don't want to be rude Gambit but do you really think the three of you can cover all of the big apple? I mean it's over four hundred miles square, and it is only three of you. I'm sure we have more leads right?'

She bit her lip slightly not knowing if she should have spoke up like she did, she didn't want to cause any unnecessary division between them all. She than spoke up again.

'I imagine Nitro is walking around with a target on his back, do you think he would try to find sanctuary within the Brotherhood, or would they even risk taking him in? What gang is heading up Manhattan right now? Whichever plan of action is decided it needs to be put into action as quickly as possible. Every moment we aren't fighting for superhuman freedom we are being pushed further back into slavery.'

She suddenly stopped allowing any of the others to put in their opinions. She slipped back a few paces feeling a little foolish for putting in here opinions so early and not letting anyone else really speak up.

Ace of Hearts™
03-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Gambit was surprised at Bobbi's retort. She'd be quiet the whole time she was there. He'd heard a faint 'uh' just as he spoke up and was about to stop, but was already a senence in. Then a slight giggle afterwards.

'I don't want to be rude Gambit but do you really think the three of you can cover all of the big apple? I mean it's over four hundred miles square, and it is only three of you. I'm sure we have more leads right?'

Gambit opened his mouth to explain himself, only to have Bobbi continue.

'I imagine Nitro is walking around with a target on his back, do you think he would try to find sanctuary within the Brotherhood, or would they even risk taking him in? What gang is heading up Manhattan right now? Whichever plan of action is decided it needs to be put into action as quickly as possible. Every moment we aren't fighting for superhuman freedom we are being pushed further back into slavery.'

She backed away a bit, looking nervous, or scared.

Gambit stood up, looking down at the projector's files. "Mon ami, I never meant the whole of New York, jus' the seedier parts, where the thugs are. If need be, we can always get Casle or Logan to rough up some scum. And I really don't think he'd be walking around. He is in hiding. Waiting. We'd need to either play it cool, or force it out of every thug we come across."

He walked over to Bobbi, putting his hand on her icy shoulder. "And please, mon ami, never feel afrai' of voicin' your plan or opinion. We're all in this together.'

He sat back down. He pulled out his cards, and played solitaire until the next person spoke up.

Yoruyonaka
03-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Megan watched as the others conversed with one another about what to do. Mr. Castle thought that going after Nitro himself, and capturing the jerk. That's what humans say right? Anyways, Gambit was the first one to speak up about what to do. He thought scoping, with himself, the Specter, and herself(because of her invisibility) would be a good idea. However, Bobbi was against with his plan.

"Er, I could infiltrate as one of Nitro's men," Miss Martian pipped up as she scratched behind the kittens ear. "I forgot to mention, Martian's have an exquisite ability to change form. Nothing to complicated though like another animal or new powers. That would be absurd." She laughed at the thought, then stopped when everyone was looking at her.

"Any whoo, silly Megan," She quickly whispered. "I feel that a person like Nitro might be really hard to get, seeing as he is hiding from everyone on the planet. I imagine though, I can find some of his followers using my mind reading ability. I could fly around the city, invisible, and listen on to anyone. It might take a while though."

She looked at everyone and smiled reassuringly.

"That is, it's up to you Mr. Castle," Megan commented. "I only am giving out an idea and the extent of my powers."

SikstaSlathalin
03-30-2011, 02:54 AM
Sentry had been listening intently to everyone's ideas from his seat near the wall his hand still slowly stroking his chin. Once Castle pulled up the screen and their briefing his mind began plotting some points of interest and possible ways to go about the war for the city. Gambit came up with the first good idea making teams seemed to be the obvious course of action. They have a diverse group of Heroes with diverse but still similar powers, a lot of heavy hitters like himself and Wolverine but also a fine selection of shadow runners like Gambit and Specter. If they split up to groups well enough they could choke the evil from this city in a relatively short time. But that's the trick splitting the groups up and hoping they jive. After a few more minutes of thought Sentry stood and walked up to the map taking a closer look at it.
"I kind of like Gambit's idea, we have at least five front liners in this group and the same number shadow operatives. If we divide the numbers well enough we could send various strike teams if you will into the city's underbelly. Give each group....well Hit contracts for a gang and it's leader for lack of a better phrase and unleash them into the darkness. It might mean a lot of isolation and autonomy but it's a plan at least."

He stepped away from the screen still scanning it closely. There are only eleven or so of them so the groups wouldn't be perfectly equal but that was a minor thing if their members were well picked. Just then another idea popped into the giant's split mind.
"Castle, you have informants and the like squirming around the city right? Can you trust any of them to work as high risk spies? In fact that goes for anyone who might have assets they can tap. Sending a Cajun and a Martian to gather info is a grand idea but even they won't be able to get into every seedy den there is in this city. Having norms working with us would be a boon to our mission as long as we keep them at arm's length. We'll need any and all help we can get to purge the scum and even more to get the public on our side." He walked over to Megan and tickled the kitten's chin a little before stepping back looking around at everyone. "We may have to save a few more cats before we'd be able to fly the flag of humanity over our heads in battle." He sighs a little rubbing his chin again turning his eyes back to the screen. "And as for Nitro, rats never poke their heads out of their holes unless they think it's safe or they need a new one, we may just have to smoke him out while we expunge the gangs and super criminals."

soullesshuman
03-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Aztar was quick to push William out of the way for now as he listened into the conversation. Not once did he speak, or attempt to. Instead, he merely waited, watched, and examined the situation with a mixture of wisdom and uncaring. After all, he wanted to be running around delivering vengeance onto those who had fallen to the wrong side of the way and had to be dragged, screaming and crying, back to the light, to be judged. However, the coordinated efforts needed to fight this particular evildoer kept him here, instead of walking away like he would usually.

"You are wrong, Sentry." He spoke, interrupting the conversation with his blunt voice, full of echo and spoken as if through several men. "Rats will come out whenever they believe there is a treat to be had. It is the reason why rat traps are so effective. If we place a treat down where the rats tend to wander..." He waved one hand, trailing off to the obvious point he was making. Figure out where the target likes residing, then lay a treat that he wouldn't be able to resist.

Then, the Spectre glanced around at the proposed stealth-users he would be working with, then at the proposed fighters he would also be working with. "We can hide our identities by smelling and looking like a rat, best way to find out where they roam is to join them... for a time." This suggestion was a simple enough one, as he stood, then leaned back on the wall. The amount of time needed to perform that action allowed the Spectre to change from a bold, obviously inhuman entity to a young adult man wearing loose clothes, a baseball cap, and a dirty red bandana covering his nose and mouth.

"Is this suitable?" The Spectre asked, voice reduced to a far more human tone. It didn't take a genuis to see that he was impatient and wanted to spring a plan to action as soon as possible. Like most people here, he believed the longer they spent discussing, the less they'd be able to eliminate the undesirables.

robert
04-03-2011, 02:59 AM
Bishop listened.
"Well, a man that don't wanna be found, can be hard to find. I agree, give him. A tempting target, problem with that is, it'll draw in everybody else that finds the bait tempting."
"A smart rat watches and waits, letting another spring the trap and then saunter over and take the cheese."
"Nice guns, antiquated, but nice."
He says to Punisher.
His futuristic gun is evident.

Kaiosuke
04-09-2011, 02:05 AM
Oliver Queen sat in the board room of his company. He continued to listen to the business proposals and the chatter of money. So naive. All they worry about is money. If it weren't for the Defenders I would just sell this company and be rid of it. Oliver continued to listen and nodded when appropriate. "So we have a deal then Mr. Queen?" The official man from the government smiled.

"So let me recap on this situation here. You want Queen Industries to fund your weapons program to assist in the capture of unregistered mutants." Oliver said with obvious distaste in his voice. "That's right Mr. Queen, with your help we could get these dangerous vigilantes off the streets." Oliver shook his and frowned. "You speak off them as if they were monsters. No I think I won't be supporting you in this. My company builds houses and creates tools of trade not tools of war. Perhaps Stark Industries would be better for you. Good Day."

Oliver rose and walked out of the board room without another word. His green Lamborgini raced down the rode toward the bridge as the sun was setting. Instead of crossing the bridge he took a sharp turn down a dirt path that connected to the sewers. He parked the car nearby and cover it with the camouflage set up then began walking to the Secret Defenders back entrance. He was late to the meeting and did not wish to interupt them at the moment.

He turned down a dark passage and came upon a steel door. Palm scan followed by a retinal scan and he was in walking toward the command room. He pushed the door open and looked around. Sorry I'm late, business meetings take a lot of time, especially when dealing with the government. What have I missed?" Oliver walked in and took in everybody there. He had worked with a couple of them before but the only one he had ever worked with extensively didn't seem to be there. "Where is Batman?" Oliver sat down next to Gambit and crossed his legs.

robert
04-10-2011, 08:38 PM
"Yo, the Bats is on his way man." He nods at him.
"Logan, I've been keeping my ears to the ground, got a tidbit might interest ya. I heard Sabertooth surfaced in Newyork...got a gang. Maybe we can go after him?"

Chip the 3rd
07-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Griffin chuckled to himself. This was the location of the great Secret Defenders? Pah. Compared to what the Martians had, back in the day, this was little more than a hole in the ground. He entered, knowing that nobody could stop him, even if he was wearing his formal attire. Griffin felt that he should at least be assuring and wear SOMETHING.

As Griffin wandered through the labyrinthine corridors, he overheard a conversation. Two people, one of whom was named Logan, apparently. He got ever closer, into the room, and burst out laughing.

"Aheheheheheheh... Firstly, sir, unless 'yo' is in Webster's dictionary, I doubt it is a word. Secondly, you plan on going after Sabertooth? You're completely mad! He'd just rip you apart!" Griffin cried, hanging up his coat and hat. "Oh, and I thought you'd require my services. I am Hawley Griffin. You might have heard of me."

At least, that's what he would have said, if he wasn't keeping quiet as he heard the conversation proper.

Griffin had decided to follow along to see the battle against Sabertooth. He, of course, had his own plans, but it would interest him to participate in the bringing down of that brutish giant.

StormWolf
07-30-2011, 09:29 PM
"Let me worry about Sabertooth, Griffin." Castle said in a firm tone, powerful fists resting on the table in front of him. "He is an animal, nothing more. Every animal has it's superior in the food-chain, and I'm quite sure a M203 phosphorus grenade will chew the furball to pieces." Frank straitened his back, standing at his full height and walking about the chamber, looking his fellow defenders in the eye.

"It is going to get volatile out there, people. Police, cape-killers, Brotherhood, S.H.I.E.L.D., and the Force... we are out manned and out-gunned, but I'll be damned if we are out-matched." Castle opened a supply crate with communication devices that Castle liberated from Stark store houses. "These comms devices are tuned to a pirate frequency I set up here during Hydra's last big siege. One for each person, and we will be able to keep in contact as long as we are in the same state without an external buffer, like the transmitter in my van."