PDA

View Full Version : S.H.I.E.L.D. IC

Anne Bonny
03-19-2011, 04:53 AM
Natasha Romanova shook her head.

It wasn't that the girl had doubted that current events would come to pass. In fact, she had fully expected it. What she didn't understand was why people were fighting the registration with such vehemence. Her slim fingers turned to another photograph. "Freedom," the picketer's sign cried. "America stands for liberty," stated the one next to it. She tossed it aside to reveal the next photo in the stack. Yet another sign. "Let us be who were are."

The girl publicly known as the Black Widow sighed. "Absolutely foolish," she said to herself aloud. How many more Stanford disasters would it take for people to allow themselves to succumb to order? How many innocents had to get in the crossfire between hero and villain?

And how many more people could call themselves heroes while they put so many in danger?

It wouldn't be long before the others arrived, Natasha thought to herself as she brutally shoved the stack of photographs back into their manila envelope. She had a few minutes to compose herself. No matter her disappointment in humanity and it's silly ideas of liberty, it was on her shoulders to make things right. Her shoulders, and the rest of the members of SHIELD.

Natasha smiled to herself. She had a good... no, a great group of talents on her team. They had brains, they had brawn, they had crafty, they had daring, they had... psychotic. Well, at least Deadpool kept things interesting if anything, she reminded herself. She just wished he wouldn't leave his dirty clothing out to dry in the hallways. But discolored underclothes aside, they were all unstoppable when it came to the battlefield. She was certain of that much.

But in the coming days, Natasha knew that they would all be tested beyond their wildest imagination.

"After storm, fair weather. After sorrow, joy," Black Widow said to herself as she heard the briefing room door slide open. Humanity itself depended on their success. That burden alone ensured SHIELD's victory.

Imp
03-19-2011, 06:05 AM
Humanity always brought the worst onto itself as time went on and the incident only exacerbated it. Heroes themselves often assisted in agitating already hazardous issues. Superheroes beget super-villains and in the end, the amount of collateral damage is doubled compared to a century without heroes. Essentially, although the Super's deeds look promising in the eyes of the lesser that adore them, it truly is never and results in only suffering.

Times have changed and technology has almost reached a pinnacle factor as nuclear weapons have been spread across the planet. War rages on elsewhere while the United States remains hardly self-sufficient and slowly crumbling from the troubles it brought upon itself. If only the world could be brought together where fear has nowhere to hide.

Adrian Veidt, the well known superhero-turned-businessman and philanthropist, entered the briefing room. Noticing Black Widow awaiting the rest of the company, he warmly greeted her and then approached a nearby window to examine the surrounding city below. The rain was heavy upon the glass of the helifortress but to Adrian, the repetitive sounds of water droplets brought upon peace.

Hands held behind him and in a stiff, uniformed stance, he turned his head slightly, keeping the Widow in sight. "As you most likely know, we are currently living in a crucial time for humanity's survival." Breaking the silence in the briefing room, he continued. "I have some plans to which I would like to present later that may deliver a crushing blow to our enemies and end this civil war before it ends this beautiful planet..." He spoke critically yet calm, keeping a content look while turning back to the window.

S.H.I.E.L.D. is only part of the key to ending this, the rest resides in the choices of others to help guide the victory along. If faith was lost, Adrian could see the villainy engulf the planet like a cold slithering serpent devouring a delicate and dulcet mouse.

L
03-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Deadpool stalked in to the Briefing Room, something obviously wrong – no second glances at the skin-tight clothes of Widow, no trying to stab Ozy for shits n giggles.

No, this time Wade Wilson was furious.

Sporting his new grey and black threads, the Merc made his way to the main table in the room, sat down in the cushioned chair with a loud thud and threw his legs up on the desk.

'They've gone too far. TOO FAR!,' he muttered to himself loudly that the others could hear, 'Smash the Baxter Building, let aliens invade, give Barney the Dinosaur a damn Oscar and see if I care!'

Wade stopped, sucked in a deep breath, trying to compose himself.

'But blowing up a bunch of kids... forcing networks to take off the Golden Girls to cover it. TOO [censored] FAR! I missed out on perving on Bea Arthur damnit.... now someone has... to... die'

He stopped and looked around.

'So what's the plan, who do we kill first?'

SQJ
03-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Xolani Raymond, stood with a hand full of pure white and yellow roses. He, with his child leaning for balance against his leg and over twenty other SHIELD Operatives surrounded his wife's grave. One by one he dropped the roses in a horizontal line taking the time to ensure they were perfectly spaced apart. He'd never really been a fan of roses himself, he found them too common, everyone loved roses, he wasn't everyone. Paula on the other hand loved roses more than she loved any other plant n the universe. His reason for hating them was one of the reasons she loved them. She mostly loved the feel of the petals on her fingers, on her skin, having rose petals dropped upon her naked body was one of her favourite games and most likely the reason Khanyi and Lerato were conceived. .
Raymond dropped to his knees and dropped another rose, placing it vertically where he pictured her heart would be. He gave a spare rose to Khanyi who immediately tried to eat the petals. He laughed and sniffed.

Lerato should have been there but she wasn't. Paula should have been alive but she wasn't. It was his fault, he felt it. People said nothing could have been done. The man had every intention of using his explosive body to blow the safe anyway. His arrival had had nothing to do with it. The shock waves of the blast would have killed her anyway.
All that didn’t change the fact that she was at the bank while being very pregnant. She shouldn't have been there in the first place but she was. His first villain encounter left her dead, yet he was lorded a hero. He buried his face into his shirt and pressed his head against his head. He couldn't breathe. This was all bullshit. All of it.

This was all his fault, if he hadn't gone into aeronautics Dr. Stein wouldn't have been absorbed into the Firestorm Matrix. If he hadn't gotten these powers he'd still have her. If it weren't for all those other so called 'supers' his Lerato wouldn’t be brain dead in a statis field, frozen while her twin sister grew on, leaving her behind. Damn the Brotherhood,damn the Fantastic Force, Damn the Defenders and damn SHIELD. They could have left him alone. His powers would have just withered and disappeared. Xolani Raymond would have lived with his daughters and Firestrom would have just died. But no, somehow SHIELD had found him, offered him nothing as if it were the greatest gift in the world and soon after, he'd been attacked in his home, he didn't know who it was, SHIELD said it was the Brotherhood, Xolani didn’t know for sure all he knew for was was that Lerato was nothing but a vessel stuck in limbo.

Xolani screamed into his knees letting the tears well up before wiping them away, depriving them of the chance to fall. Without ever raising his head he signalled for one of the nearest operatives to take Khanyi. Khanyi who'd been crying too screamed when the kind armour free hands of the armoured operatives took her away. Her scream was piercing and seemed to fill the very air around them as if fuelled by the same emotion that fuel him.
Red and yellow light filled Xolani's body and flame burst from his head, his regular clothes disappeared, replaced by his red and yellow suit. Slowly he started to phase, sinking into the earth below.

Khanyi was rocked back and forth but it made little difference as she cried on and on until the sound of mechanics and steel twisting could be heard from below the grave site, that seemed to calm her, she was used to that sound. The operatives jumped back quickly, most taking to the air with the fusion powered jet suits which had been temporarily created for them.

The earth started to tremble then tear, the entire grave, soil and grass included was lifted into the air. Below was Firestorm controlling a metallic jet propeller which roared and the entire grave was shot away to the east with Khanyi and the other SHEILD operatives following behind. He'd be late for the briefing, he knew but in the morning he'd realised that his wife's grave was a point of danger and he'd either have to stop visiting or move it to a new undisclosed location. He'd be damned if he ever leave rotten, black roses on her resting place.

Just as the group crossed into the Nevada desert he told the operatives to wait.

An hour passed and he returned to take his baby back. “Thank you. I'd rather you told no one of this but if I know Shield they already know or have been briefed, haven't they?” He stared but didn't get a reply. “Lets go.” He said shooting off at a reduced velocity, his child giggling as the winds pushed against her skin and the world passed below.

Shadowstar
03-19-2011, 01:35 PM
She sat on the edge of her bed in the pitch black of her room. Her mind dwelling on painful memories of the recent past. Before all this war stuff started, she was happily a member of the X-Men, but not anymore. They had handed her over the S.H.I.E.L.D. when they disbanded due to the Stanford disaster and went their own way. They chose where they went, but her, no. Due to her "condition" it was deemed that she should not be able to do as she wanted and should be watched and she was handed off like an old piece of trash no one wanted or trusted.

"Screw it. I'm alive, well not really, but I'm here. Best to make due with the cards I am dealt for now." She shook her head clearing the images from her mind and stood up. The lack of light in the room didn't bother her in the least as she walked across the room to grab her old yellow trench coat. She had torn the sleeves of it off at the shoulders to get rid of the "X" symbol that used to be there. After slipping it on she walked to the door and stepped into the corridor.

Given the size of the helicarrier, she was surprised how fast the trip to the conference room was. With a quick sigh she stepped forward and tripped the sensor on the door to trigger it to open. Stepping inside she looked at the few people already around, stopping only long enough to smile and bow her head in greeting before she moved to a chair away from any windows. It might be raining now, but there was no guarantee that it would stay that way for any length of time and she didn't want to be sitting in any sunlight when the clouds decided to break.

Ainmire Dougal
03-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Confident, dressed smartly, Vandal Savage ascended into the heavens to take his rightful place amoung the gods and goddesses who decided the fates of mankind. Olympous had changed much in the years, instead of a mountain top, it was a flying fortress hidden in the clouds. No matter.

The operatives saluted briefly, "This way Mr. Savage."
"Thankyou officer."
He walked briskly down the hall, knocked sharply, and entered.
Surveying the occupents he said simply...
"Good evening."
He smiled.

roan
03-20-2011, 01:24 PM
"Where are they?!" Roxanne Spaulding grumbled as her hands flung clothing out of three large bags, decorating her room. When she could not find what she was looking for she sat down on her room's floor and closed her green eyes, changing from brown with aggravation. Concentrating now Roxy focused on what she was searching for, envisioned it in her mind, believed that it would appear. And when her eyes opened the carton of cigarettes stay suspended in the air above the bag she looked through.
first.

"A-hah! You little suckers, I'd knew I'd find ya!" Snatching the box, she ripped it open, grabbed a pack and headed out the door. Not before plowing into it, thinking it was the same as a normal door. "Ugh, damned mechanical shit." Hitting every little button next to the door until it opened Freefall waltz down the hall, black combat boots thudding on the floor as she made her way towards the briefing room.

It had been a while since she had seen all of her fellow S.H.I.E.L.D members, a few years actually. The reunion would be nice but the reason behind the gathering was nothing to smile about. How could this happen, again? Indeed their would always be rouge mutants and others or vile intent to reek havoc amongst the humans but this... this would soon turn into a war.

A war that no one wants to happen but every minutes more and more destruction and crime was being plotted and conceived. Finding herself in front of the briefing room door she almost knocked then rolled her eyes at the thought. After a moment the door opened and Roxy walked inside, her eyes brown, her attire casual which meant small jean shorts and a black T-shirt with a worn band's hazard sign logo thats sleeves were ripped off, the hemming cut shorter leaving it to billow at her narrow waist. Coming to a seat at the table, sitting across from Adrian and two seats down from Deadpool her smile was tense.

The whole room was tense. When they were all called together like they were being done now it was never good news. Normally Freefall would of walked in with something to say, either witty or sarcastic something would of come from her painted red lips but this time she did not. There was nothing, she felt, she could say that would ease everyone in this moment. A disheartening thought, indeed, Rox would thing as she lifted her hand to rake it through her purple streaks of hair.

Ainmire Dougal
03-20-2011, 05:09 PM
"So, interesting reaction of the public, to this...tragedy. Predictiable, but interesting. Humanity always seems to look for a scapegoat."

nonangelic92
03-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Bahiti Faoul stood looking out her window, at the people below. How can they all look so calm from up her, she thought, but when you get close enough, they're all worried. She'd been "people-watching" the last half hour, occasionally day-dreaming. She loved the way the people in this country could find so much hope in times so frightening.

Bahiti smiled, thinking how these people reminded her of the people back in Egypt. She turned around and began to get dress for the meeting of SHIELD. She tried to remember that last time she saw all of the SHIELD members in one room, it had been ages it seemed like. She could only think of one thing that could bring them all together and it was a tragedy.

After she finished buttoning the last button on her pinstripe jacket, Bahiti grabbed the Scarab necklace from her nightstand and placed it in her pocket for safe keeping. Just incase, she thought. She took one last look in her mirror, quickly swiped thr brush through her hair then she was out the door, making her way to the briefing room.

As she stepped through the silent, echoy halls of the SHIELD building, she couldn't help but wondered what action the group would take to this tragedy and more importantly, what the punishment was to the person or persons who commented this terrible crime.

Bahiti opened the doors to the briefing room, pausing momentarily. She nodded a hello to all those who noticed her. She took a seat, 4 seats down from Adrian. She could feel the tension in the room, even Freefall wasn't her normal sarcastic self.

Imp
03-21-2011, 12:29 AM
"Since the beginning of humanity..." Adrian added onto Savage's commentary with no element of emotion. Leaving his place at the rainswept window, he found a seat across from Roxanne in the briefing room. Soon enough, all of the members would arrive and the meeting would start. He didn't mind the wait but would rather continue on with his mission at hand.

Bahiti then entered with a quick nod and sat down with the present group. Adrian expected everyone to have different feelings on the matter, it was only typical. Even the merc with a mouth would have his say. Veidt's main concern was the intentions of Nick Fury who was the head of SHIELD. However, Adrian felt that Nick wouldn't make a presence, either that he was already with them in some secret way. Perhaps they were being listened in on.

Out of SHIELD, everyone shared something with Adrian except for the mysterious Fury who's intentions in helping Earth were put aside for other things. If Veidt Enterprises is to assist SHIELD then progress towards keeping the peace better be the absolute and not temporary directive.

Ainmire Dougal
03-21-2011, 12:42 AM
"Indeed." He smiles. "I concur, after all I should know I was there."
"Vandal Savage." He extends his hand.
"Of course I'm aware of you, I'm glad we can work together in this endeavor. We businessmen need stick together...have you ever heard of a little group called the Illumanti? Not that group of wannabe ones that pissed off the Hulk mind you, but the real thing?"

Sickly
03-21-2011, 10:52 PM
"Let Me SEE!" Molly screamed and punched a hole in the monitor. Pulling her arm out slowly Molly apologized to the A.I. "Sorry, but you won't show me what happened." The A.I. repeated, "I'm sorry miss Hayes but the child protection software is in effect at the moment Nick Fury had it installed upon Emma Frost's Request when you were transfered here."

"But-"
"I'm sorry miss Hayes but any and all complaints concerning software aboard this craft should be taken up with the Senior Staff, by the way Your presence is needed in the briefing room." Molly dragged her hands through her hair in frustration and preceded to open the door to the hallways but paused. There was an air of awkward silence that was broken after the A.I. spoke up. "Shall I guide you there miss Hayes?"

"Yeah." mumbled Molly, her ears going scarlet.

---------------------------------------------------------------

BANG BANG BANG!!
Molly was hitting the door with her hands...lightly. "Please, Miss Hayes calm down the door will open in a second its just a little slo-"

BANG

Molly's eyes began to glow dark pink as she punched through the inch thick automatic steel door pulling it out of its hinges and letting fall to the ground.

"What is going on? No one is telling me anything!!!"

SQJ
03-21-2011, 11:31 PM
The flight back was a long one. As Xolani had some very definite stops to make. The first was to the Stien's grave. There'd been no body, so visiting wasn't going to be an issue for Xolani, yet not visiting the man's grave at least once seemed to be a sin.

He knew Stien would never approve of him joining SHIELD. This was all a waste of time. This was all some typical display case of the western world that he was apart of. What, this kind of incident had never crossed their minds? Now their shocked when something bad happens when they allow everything, and by all means anything turn into a game show? Of course something bad happened, they were taking down criminals, killers who would stop at nothing to stay out of join, and the needle.

So people died, allot of them. People die all the time, attaching a badge to heroes wouldn't make them any more or less heroic. The American's didn't have the best constitution but they surely had the most famous and most revered. Now they were going to compromise upon it because of this 'incident' he could picture Dr. Stien spinning in his grave at the very thought of their follow man being stalked by super powered policemen capable of turning at any money and having the law on their side for it.
Police were always powerful meter sticks for the government. Corrupt government, corrupt police, evil government, evil police. This would never change. Soldiers were different, they weren’t spread out amongst the people, they didn't have to deal with their own people they dealt with another countries people, police did and that was exactly what the fantastic force and SHIELD would be, police. Essential, yes, infallible, pure, no.

The door for something similar to the apartheid regime was being opened and he, Xolani Raymond was going to help that door open. He could already imagine the heads of the average American's turning when all the incidents, and there'd be more, died down and the number of 'new laws' left big brother looking down at them from every angle. The blood would flow freely when they demanded their old lives, their freedom, back. Like in South Africa, police guns would find themselves trained upon the bodies of their children. And against such power, the only thing those who fought could do would be to die. Die and Kill.

Though upon second thought, he wondered if the people of the coming generation would actually die for any cause. At best they would most likely twitter their anger or look to Oprah. The very idea of it made him want to destroy the entire SHIELD HQ.

Khanyi clapped her hands when the hellcarrier came into view. It made him smirk and pull her into a hug as they phased through the steel doors to the passage which led to their room. SHIELD still hadn't organised a full time daycare facility instead they had a temporary one which all the operatives used on special days when tier families were allowed to have visits. Right now he dropped Khanyi off in the care of Crystal Longhaven, a member of the maintenance core on the ship and a full time medic when the ship wasn't under attack.
“[Be good for Auntie Crystal Khanyi. Be good.]” He said drooping her in the colourful play pen of the facility. He turned to Crystal and switch from Xhosa to English once again. “Thanks again, Crys. I hope she doesn't bother you too much. Any improve-” He faltered when looking into her eye. “nothing, okay.” He sighed and turned away. Immediately Khanyi started crying, again her cry was unnaturally loud and piercing. Xolani turned and created a toy dinner set. “I think he's hungry he finished weakly before taking off once again.

He was about to enter the briefing room when a crash brought the electronic doors leading in down. Molly was there with her fist out. He opened his mouth to speak but shut up. Instead phasing through the wall and crossing to the middle of the briefing room and taking a seat. He never said a word to anyone, instead staring hard at a world only he could see.

Imp
03-22-2011, 12:33 AM
"Of course I'm aware of you, I'm glad we can work together in this endeavor. We businessmen need stick together...have you ever heard of a little group called the Illuminati? Not that group of wannabe ones that pissed off the Hulk mind you, but the real thing?"

After shaking hands, Adrian sat back down, keeping his cape from being uncomfortable while sitting. It seemed the two shared knowledge of each other since he knew well of Savage's history. Those with the money and brains did often need to stick together for easy support against the world. However, Veidt's outlook on humanity may be different compared to Savage's, but he'd find the time to discuss views.

"As you are aware, I'm sure, the media doesn't call me The Smartest Man in the World. I do have great knowledge of you thanks to Nick Fury and other sources. With our intelligence, I'm sure we can put together a swell plan with dealing with the Defenders and Brotherhood."

As silence rested upon the group before another word was spoken, one of the entrance doors to the room was torn down. It looked like everyone tensed but knew it was Molly once her figure became clear after the dust.

"Molly." Adrian nodded to her and then noticed Firestorm entering through the walls and having a seat shortly after. "Welcome Firestorm, how is your daughter, here as well?" A smile grew over Adrian's face. He enjoyed family, more than others mostly due to him not having one for some great time. This didn't bother him any and he managed life well.

SQJ
03-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Xolani looked up, glad his puplless eyes couldn't show how he felt. He was angry but it was impossible to be angry at Adrian. The man was a treasure cove of information and big words, it reminded him of Dr. Stien too much. Even, after Adrian's words, it was hard to return anger at the man's smile. "Daughters Adrain, Lerato is not dead yet, thier both otherwise as fine as they can be. I took Khanyi and a group of shield Operatives out for ice scream with a couple of temporary suit I created." Somehow the idea of the group 'feeling' for him upset him. If the operatives gave a full report then so be it, it just wouldnt' be comming from him. "which reminds me, I'm still waitng for permanent staff for the day care fascility," He said turning to black Widow. "Assuming you still have budget left when Molly is done with the place." He said with a laugh.

Ainmire Dougal
03-22-2011, 05:33 PM
"Ah,yes of course." he nods.
"I'll wish to speak with you more on a number of issues later on." He winks to Adrian.
"I'm sure something can be arranged." He smiled to the young angry man.
He takes out $5000 and puts it on the table. "A contribution to the funding of a daycare staffer."
"At least her frustration was taken out on an inanimate object, those can be replaced."

Imp
03-23-2011, 03:35 AM
"Daughters Adrain..." A slip of the mind was all it had been. He meant to say daughters but with gears currently turning about the situation at hand, he had miss-spoken.

"I merely miss-spoke, pardon the error." Adrian didn't fully know how Firestorm was feeling but he did have concerns for the fellow comrade. The civil war affected everyone on different levels. To veidt, it was a vital part in his plans to help the world.

Anne Bonny
03-23-2011, 06:36 AM
The Black Widow sat silently as her SHIELD affiliates began to file into the room. She gave no friendly greetings, no cheerful small talk or silly attempts to catch up with those who she hadn't seen in some time. A somber occasion such as this overshadowed all typical social pleasentries.

Adrian Veidt was the first to enter. Stiff, professional, and his mind on the job as always, Ozymandia was eager to get right to the point. It was a trait Natasha had always appreciated about him. She gave a barely perceptable nod to his carefully chosen words. Plans formulating already... she had expected nothing less.

Next stormed in Wade Wilson, and for a moment, the slightest of moments, Natasha thought he actually had his priorities in order. But no, it seemed that Deadpool was going to continue to make jokes. It was rather disrespectful, she thought, but Natasha was used to such behavior. She supposed it was the only way Wilson was capable of dealing with anything of importance. SHIELD's psychological staff couldn't pin him down long enough to examine, unfortunately. So instead of analyzing him further, Natasha reminded herself to be thankful they had the mercenary on their side.

Jubilation Lee, or Jubilee as she was called, entered quietly and Natasha's blue eyes rose to trace her movements to her seat. Far from the sunny disposition her name would suggest as of late, she even offered a smile to the group before she took her seat. Well, that was something anyway.

Next came Vandal Savage, surveying the room as if he owned the place. Well, why not, Natasha reminded herself. He was one of the most powerful men in the world, after all. Civil, polite, even regal in manner and appearance... and plenty of experience controlling things and people. He would fit in well with their organization.

Freefall was next, and it seemed that for once, Roxanne Spaulding had nothing to say. Still, Natasha was glad to see the girl. She was carefree, yes, but she had a good heart and a good head on her shoulders for the most part. Natasha took her seriousness in the conference room as a sign that she was more than ready to deal with such a difficult situation.

Of course Bahiti Faoul would be there on time, her presence punctuated by the glittering scarab necklace she wore. Just as Natasha did, Scarlet Scarab always sided with the side of justice. The slaughter of innocents was more than a tragedy to both women, it was a call to action.

Natasha glanced at the clock on the conference room wall and tapped her thumb twice on the table before her. The others were beginning to talk amongst themselves, breaking the terrible silence of tension that had settled around the room. While she was glad for the murmuring of voices in the background, the redheaded woman didn't pay much attention to what was being discussed. Instead, annoyance was beginning to gnaw at her mind. Perhaps she should just get started without the rest of them.

She opened her mouth to speak to the group, but a loud pounding on the door came before she could get any sound out. The suddenness of the noise made Natasha nearly jump out of her chair, her self defense reflexes kicking into action. But the door crumpled to reveal little Molly Hayes, and the Black Widow felt her muscles relax again. The girl demanded information, and Natasha's breath escaped in a sigh. It must be frustrating for Molly, she had to admit. But she didn't have to wait much longer. They would all get the information they sought.

And there was Xolani Raymond, phasing through the wall right after her. Blue eyes narrowed in the slightest display of annoyance. Out playing with his child when he had been called to a meeting? While Firestorm's devotion to his family, living, dead, and otherwise, was admirable, Natasha had to feel a bit frustrated at what he considered to be a high priority.

"Thank you for your donation, Mr. Savage," the Widow finally spoke, turning her chair to face Xolani directly. "I must assure you, Mr. Raymond, that the daycare center is coming along as quickly as we can work on it. Unfortunately, most SHIELD operatives have other matters to attend to as well. Especially now."

She rose from her seat and turned her back on the group, moving to pick up a file of documents. She paused a moment, suddenly aware of all the precious information that was in her hands. The fate of the world itself, perhaps, lay in that nondescript manila folder.

"Unfortunately, we all have more than just your children to worry about now, don't we Firestorm?"

Natasha turned back to the rest of them, holding the documents to her chest and crossing her arms around them. "I'd like to thank you all for showing up on time. We're just waiting for a few more. I appreciate your patience."

Auki
03-23-2011, 10:49 AM
Water gently cascaded down her blue figure, the warmth soothing her from the deep sleep she had been in just a few minutes ago. Her activities the previous evening had delved long into the night – She had visited some of the seedier and darker of the bars in the city beneath, the ones more likely to house rogue superheroes undercover. She wasn’t out to apprehend them but there was always the chance of information being let slip under the intoxication of alcohol. None of them would have suspected her to be a threat anyway with her innocent blue eyes and more than generous cleavage to distract them from the true dangers. It was a shame she had not gained any useful intelligence from the evening but she had known her chances were as low as always. It wasn’t due to lack of skill on her part but to spot a superhero never seen before in civilian disguise was a feat not easily accomplished by any. She had settled for teasing a corrupt businessman who took an obvious interest in her, pick-pocketing the poor boy whilst he was running his tongue down her neck. His protests to her leaving were met with a swift punch to the abdomen, causing him to empty his stomach upon the street.

Her red lips curled into an amused smile as she turned off the shower. Drying herself with a nearby towel, she did not bother to don any clothes – By the time she reached the bedroom door, her appearance had already changed.

Long, dark hair reached to the small of her back, swaying gently as she walked along the corridors of the Helifortress. The yellow and black costume seemed a little ‘flash’ – subtlety was obviously not a key element of the design – but it served its purpose of covering her decently, if just barely. There was a long-going debate between her and the S.H.I.E.L.D. officials as to whether she be allowed to go on file under a different alias to Mystique. They claimed it went against all they stood for. She claimed it was just common sense. Her main concern was the security of the superhero records – once people knew of her power, the benefits of it were greatly reduced - but they ensured her it was not an issue. Still, until the decision was finalised, she adopted the appearance of Laurie Juspeczyk, often round the base and on missions that did not require her to take on a specific disguise. If anyone had problems with it… well, she would deal with them appropriately.

She stepped into the room nonchalantly, barely batting an eyelid at the door that lay crumpled on the floor. She was aware she was likely later than the rest but she felt it not significant enough to apologise for. Perhaps if they had given her more information on the subject of the meeting, she might have been more inclined to be on time. Stepping around Molly, she selected an empty seat at the table and relaxed into it.

Ainmire Dougal
03-23-2011, 05:20 PM
"You are welcome Ms. Romanova." He nods.
"Patience is a luxury I can afford." He smiles.

"Good evening." He nods to the newcomer.

Imp
03-23-2011, 07:24 PM
"It appears that everyone is here, Romanova." Adrian spoke up after Savage finished, looking to her with a calming smile to show relief in that the meeting can begin. Veidt had been waiting for what intel the Widow had grasped onto. He assumed it was a rundown of the incident as well as those currently not siding with the American Government. To him, it felt like the Red Scare all over again with the obvious adjustment from communists to villains.

Adrian was well aware that Nick Furry would be behind most if not all the gathering of info. The all-seeing eye was basically his icon since he knew of almost every movement occurring. Every inch that Mr. Fantastic stretched, every flight Superman took. However, even fury needed helpful watchers, Adrian wasn't one of them but he often was on the hunt for them. Unpleasant was it that Veidt was being snooped on here and there.

Shadowstar
03-24-2011, 02:05 PM
She let out a near inaudible sigh as she watched the room. It was strange to her how people with this vast of differences were all working under one flag. Yeah, her old team had differences, but they were nothing like this. The door being ripped apart had startled her, but when no one else in the room made a move she just kept quiet and relaxed back into her seat.

She just watch quietly as a few more people wandered in and took their seats. It wasn't until Adrian mentioned that everyone was present that she finally sat up straight and leaned forward, her arms resting on the table. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. It was funny in a way to her, even though she no longer needed to breath she still found herself doing it almost constantly.

"As it was stated, it seems we are all here now, but as I have just been let out of my cell so to speak, I haven't had the chance to be informed as to who all of you are." she grumbled to herself and shook her head. "Ok, that sounded a bit rude, sorry. The name is Jubilee, you can classify me as a specialized hunter." She gave a wide smile, letting her fangs show to those around her.

Ainmire Dougal
03-24-2011, 05:11 PM
"It sounds as though, Jubilee, that your skills set would serve you well as an agent, in the field, given, you are able to keep reign on the bloodthirst waiting below the surface." He smiles to her.
"Vandal Savage," He introduces himself to her.
"My resume would require the death of too many trees, let it suffice to say, I brings many, many centuries of experience to the table."

SQJ
03-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Xolani didn't know of Savage. He was a rich man, clearly a very very rich man, yet he knew little of the man, for all Xolani knew he was one of the man's best customers buying what ever it was that made Mr. Savage so rich, yet of all the things he didn't know Xolani knew this, he was already starting to dislike the man. Imagine, he thought, throwing money like that, who does he think he is Bonno? It was so offencive, he found himself smiling instead of being angry. A snide remark formed in his mouth and was about to be let free when the Black Widow broke her silence. It was clear that what ever worlds his head were her'swas floating between far dark ones. The intensity of her eyes, the intensity of her anger seemed to suite her far better than it suited him.

"Unfortunately, we all have more than just your children to worry about now, don't we Firestorm?"

Xolani, listened to her words with quiet fascination but sat up when hit with such a question. Fury burned up inside of him. His red and yellow suit appeared to brighten the flame burning on the top of his head raised. "More important concerns than those of the ones closest to me?" His suit returned to its regular shade his flame dropped. A sigh escaped his lips and he rested against the back of his seat. Calm won over. Were his wife still alive he'd had gotten an earful for wasting so much of his time on meaningless anger. He smiled, it was a warmer smile than he'd expected which made him want to laugh, creating a somewhat genuine smile. "Yes, of course. Let me refrain from waisting another moment of your time." He said his words cool, almost glacial. He tried to rotate his chair so it would swivel away from her eyes, the last thing he wanted was a glaring contest, but couldn't. Light spun around him moving in arcs similar to those a an electron around a proton and his chair developed the ability to swivel. He spun to Adrian, who'd just said something about everyone being there. He blinked.
"He hadn't noticed many of the others, most certainly not the newest comer which struck him as odd but he shrugged it off. Instead turning to the girl who'd just introduced her self as Jubilee. She had fangs. It made him shiver at the sight of them. He'd never seen a vampire in his life before and had always thought the day he saw one would be the day he used the full extent of his energy blast, yet there he was, teammates with one. "What a world. What a world" He mumbled to himself and wishing the meeting room had one of those water dispensers, it had been a very long day.

roan
03-24-2011, 11:27 PM
"Is everyone here?" Roxy would finally exclaim after sitting with her arms folded under her chest quietly and listening to the conversations around her. After the blue shape-shifter came in Adrian had said to Natasha that everyone was present.

"Because either we need to get this show on the road or I'm going out to the club." As she said this her shoulders swayed and her fingers snapped as if to music. Truly she was joking and could not be quiet any longer. Yes, there was serious things to discuss and plan but... there is a good band playing somewhere close.

Imp
03-24-2011, 11:59 PM
"Which is why this war must end quickly and without much violence. We all have things we would like to get back on but until the war is over, we are all in danger." Adrian stood up in response to Freefall's comment on the situation. Her comment didn't frustrate him nor did any sense of aggressive retaliation linger in him. It was sorely to engage everyone at the moment. He needed this war over but also needed his time in it for various tasks in ending the life-long struggle.

"While the Widow prepares her thoughts, may I suggest that we realize all that is out there. The enemy we face comes in all shapes and sizes. An obvious statement, I know, but we must be ready for everything." Veidt found himself next to the large window, staring out of it while still speaking.

"The FF may not be enough for us to stop the Brotherhood's doing, nor possibly bring the Secret Defenders to 'justice'. I have researched all that I could on the groups from the SHIELD files. Drastic measures may need to be taken, but in the end, I see humanity free from the hands of tyranny." Adrian had finished and remained standing in front of the window.

He wasn't expecting any retaliation coming from below, no. The enemy would attack when SHIELD least expected it. The guard was up and any attempt to destroy this place now would be suicide with security so tight.

Ainmire Dougal
03-25-2011, 05:39 PM
He raises an eyebrow at the light show but let it pass.
"Indeed, we must not be afraid to think outside the box. Be willing to utilize all the resources at our disposal."
He pauses, next to another window, and winks at Adrian.
"I suggest we create a tip-line, that would enable concerned citizens to call in with sightings of the illegal or disruptions to everyday life."
"This method has been used to great effect by numerous goverments in the past. For those whose tips actually pay off, perhaps a small reward."

"Also, perhaps social media....it has a plethora of information, as well as a network of communication. We should monitor it, and any redflags could be further investigated."

"Speaking of monitoring, I believe the FCC has a legal method to be able to tap into cell phone signal, we should have them pass on any ...red flags to us as well."

"What we face today, is in a sense unique, but also, of course, we can look to history to learn from certain simularities to other issues that have come up in the past, for example, Prohibition. To outlaw the use of powers without authorization, has led to, an underground movement much like speakeasies, where people gather to do that which is forbidden. Those with powers who do not seek registeration, but who do not fight either, these fence sitters may in time swing things. We should endeavor to aquire them before our competiton does."

Anne Bonny
03-28-2011, 06:43 PM
"I couldn't agree with you more, Mr. Savage," Natasha said, stepping forward to take the center stage once again. "Bringing order and justice to this world isn't quite enough. We're going to have to keep the public on our side, the side we know is the right one. We have some time to discuss long term strategy such as the hotline, but in the meantime, we do have a mission to carry out."

She set her file of documents on the table before her. Instead of taking a seat, however, she turned towards the large screen that was hanging on the wall behind her. As cued by her body movement, the screen flashed to life.

It showed an image that most of them, if not all, would be very familiar with by now. The smoking remains of Stanford Elementary lay before them, emergency vehicles sitting helplessly nearby as near hystarical crowds were beginning to gather.

"This was the beginning," Natasha said, turning back to the gathering of operatives that had assembled. "We've seen disasters in the past, we've had our share of terrorism in this world. But in the face of the death of so many innocents, the American government has finally decided to move."

The next screen showed an image of a line of people, men, women, children of all sorts, in front of a newly opened registration office. Some looked perfectly normal by most standards, others were obviously mutant or alien. "The registration act is a necessary and logical step in progress towards saving humanity from these beasts who look to cause fear and harm. However, as you know, it hasn't been well received by everyone."

The next image was one of the photographs Natasha had been viewing before the meeting. Picketing people, furious that they must disclose their identities and abilities. "It seems that not everyone understands the entire point of the registration act." The corners of the Black Widow's mouth curled upward into a cold smile. "Or perhaps they have something to hide?"

She turned back to the screen as it changed to a map of New York City. Certain places on the map were circled in red. "Our first mission is to travel to New York to stop some of these villians who have decided to take advantage of the current state of division among those of us with special abilities. In the disorder caused by registration and so-called heroes fleeing underground, voids have opened up in major cities. Where our allies once prowled the streets to keep troublemakers in check, now gangs run rampant without any sort of resistance. New York City has turned into a beehive of violence, so that's where we're going.

"The Fantastic Force will be going as well. As always, where they are our ground forces and we will provide them with support and intellegence, and we'll handle the special things that they cannot. What's more, we have some intellegence that indicated Nitro, the one responsible for the Stanford Disaster is somewhere in New York, working with the other criminals there."

Once again, Natasha's blue eyes moved to sweep over the people around her. "Participation is optional, but our success is not. Clearing the streets of these criminals will not only help to serve the innocent, but will also prove to the public that we truly are here to protect them."

One more image flashed onto the screen behind her, but the Black Widow didn't turn to see what it was. She had seen it once before, and that was quite enough. The others, however, would see an image that had been hidden away from the media, deemed too graphic for the public eye. It was the body of a young child, probably no older than seven or eight, twisted and burned by the Standford explosion.

Natasha swallowed hard as her eyes moved to Molly. She felt a stab of guilt in subjecting the girl to such horrors, and Nick Fury would certainly give her an earful about it later. But if Molly was going to accompany them on this mission, she needed to know what she was facing. They all did.

"These criminals must be stopped. There cannot be another disaster like Stanford," she insisted, her voice a bit quieter than before as the screen powered off behind her. "Who's ready for a trip to New York?"

Ainmire Dougal
03-28-2011, 07:38 PM
He nods to her.
He watches the screen.{Amazing even after all these years...technology.}
he shows no reaction. Then he stands.
"I for one am certainly willing to help, how ever you deem I best would be able. Adrian and myself are both intellectuals, and are valuable in that regard, however, I am not above a good scrap if needed."
he smiles to her.

Shadowstar
03-28-2011, 08:41 PM
She silently listened to the briefing as the images flashed one by one on the large screen behind the Widow. She hadn't seen the media coverage of the event prior to this as she was locked in a cell at the time it happened and has had restricted access to the outside since she was handed over to SHIELD. She had heard about the incident as everyone else and what followed, but actually seeing the images of the scene showed her just how bad it truly was.

As the briefing came to a close her anger was barely contained. She was sitting with her eyes closed and her jaw clenched tightly. It took nearly a minute before she managed to calm herself down and think straight. She took a deep breath before opening her eyes and daring to speak. "I'm in, what do you need me to do?"

nonangelic92
03-28-2011, 11:15 PM
Bahiti listened intently as Natasha spoke. Her words seeping in her bones. As she looked at the images, her mind wondered how the families of those youngsters have been coping. She inwardly smiled as her mind began thinking of ways to help out those families maybe even start a foundation.

As she sat watching the images, the last one had truelly gotten to her. As soon as her eyes had laid upon the image, she quickly turned her head the other way, the image forever and always seered into the back of her brain. She turned her head back to Natasha once the image was gone. " Count me in. I wanna see Nitron personally pay for what he did."

Imp
03-29-2011, 01:43 AM
After Savage finished with his beneficial ideas of tapping phones and creating a hotline, Adrian returned a comment.
"All good ideas. I have already started in the phone tapping issue and working with the FCC to complete it. A tip-line is always a good addition." It was true that it would be supportive. When someone calls, their address would be present and already be tracked so the area could be watched in addition to any details given on any possible suspects. If anything worthy of being noted was received, it would be sent to the helifortress for Adrian and the gang to deal with.

"This all reminds me of the Red Scare and the freedom campaign that the US launched back then..." Veidt finished and allowed for Anne to speak up on the situation as well inform the group of the mission at hand.

Photo after photo of the grim and daunting incident hadn't much affect on the 'smartest man in the world'. For once, it was a super that pulled off a destructive act and not just a non-super madman with a plan to kill. The majority's reaction was to be expected. Humans acted very much like ants as both acted immediately to any devastation that is brought upon their land.

"Adrian and myself are both intellectuals, and are valuable in that regard, however, I am not above a good scrap if needed."

Adrian cocked an eyebrow towards hearing his name. "I will have to concur with this. I'm in as well to assist with this great threat we face. We can't afford any more major changes to the world or else possible extinction will be on the doorstep of man."

Adrian closed and had a seat, waiting for the rest to complete what they had to say. He put on a false sense of sorrow, staring blankly at the wall to keep along with the rest as he was sure they would be bothered by the imagery and didn't want himself being looked upon negatively for not reacting the same in accordance.

Ainmire Dougal
03-29-2011, 02:34 AM
"Yes, adapt or perish they say."
..."though mankind was always good at adapting his enviroment to himself."

"Also, where does the President and Vice President and the houses of Congress and the Supreme Court stand on the issue of the Registration Act?"

roan
03-31-2011, 01:53 AM
Blue fire would burn Roxy's iris' as they would change to her mood while they watched the pictures displayed on the large screen behind Widow. It was disgusting what was happening in their country. Well, maybe not everyone here birth place but Freefall would be damned it more of these hanis crimes would be committed if she had any thing do to about it.

When Natasha would finish with her question of, "Who wants to go to New York?" Roxy belted, "I am!" While slamming both her balled fists on the table, slender black brows knitted together over flaming blue eyes. "Let's get the hell over there and kill those mother-f*****'s!" Scanning over the others in the room before looking back to the red-headed Widow Roxy asked, "When do we leave?" It had been a long time since she'd felt the need to cause pain to others, this time would be oh so sweet.

Sickly
03-31-2011, 05:39 AM
"Um i wasn't really listening...can you repeat that?" said molly staring into the wall. she was hanging out near the wall. This meeting was soooooo boring, Molly wanted to do something exciting already. "Um never mind i don't really care just tell me what to punch." mumbled Molly making playful jabs at Firestorm. Her powers weren't activated but she hoped he would at least flinch.

Ainmire Dougal
04-01-2011, 06:10 PM
"Sure, punch anyone who attacks us. That should do for now."
Vandal smiles with a fatherly expression.
"Nothing wrong with self defense or defense of another."

Imp
04-02-2011, 05:08 AM
Some of the responses were cute to Adrian's ears. Nitro wouldn't e any easy grab compared to the gangs. However, if they were to get close enough like Firestorm could, Nitro wouldn't be much to deal with. If he was killed by Firestorm, then so be it as the world didn't need any crazed murderers... at least not Adrian's.

"So when will we be departing to New York City, Black Widow?" Adrian didn't wish to wait long. If word went out that SHIELD and FF were to arrive in NYC soon enough and stomp crime, then Nitro may flee to another place.

SQJ
04-02-2011, 12:37 PM
When the slide show began, Xolani's mood more from bad to apocalyptic. Yes, of course the Stanford disaster was, well a disaster. Sad as hell. But how was lining up all those who'd been altered by fate help? What plan was that. Watching his fellow men and women, because that was what they were, being lined up and being forced into registration while the Black Widow smirked as though laughing at nothing more than animals sickened him. He pictured the workings of the Dompas system where black people had to have massively thick Identification books which told of their home, their work, and their income, everything so if a black person were caught in a white region they could prove that they were allowed to walk the area, none were allowed to live there. On could be arrested for walking anywhere without that damn book. The Sharpville massacre had been a protest action where thousands had offered themselves up to the police holding no dompasses, demanding to be arrested. The potential similarities were endless. American had condemned apartheid, any yet here they were... His mind reflected back to the mean smile which had worked its way up the Black Widow's lips and he swore under his breath.

The slides on the registration ended and a new slide opened showing high powered criminals. This eased his mood greatly, this was better. Hunting actual criminals, that he had no problem with. He relished the idea, that was until an image of Nitro appeared.

We have some intelligence that indicated Nitro, the one responsible for the Stanford Disaster is somewhere in New York

Xolani's heart sank as it had never sank before, dropping down his chest and splashing into his stomach here any and all love he had was digested and turned to shit. Burning had and fury remained. His began to light up as Black widow spoke. Nitro, he wasn't positive on the name but as the slides had appeared he knew he was positive on the face. There he was. The man of the hour. Destroyer of his reality, destroyer of all his pipe dream, his white picket fence. Killer of his wife. The energy powers in held within his hands bubbled out of his control and light emerged from his hands. Five neat holes burned into the reinforced steel table. This was it more intel than he'd ever received before.

“Some of a bitch. I'd been waiting for half a decade for something like that. He will die by my hands and only my hands. I will crush those who try to stop me. There will be no moral code when it comes to him.”

Nitro was in New York. This was it. It wasn't the ideal location to face a hyper charged explosive man but it would have to do. His teeth gritted and her glared to the Black Widow. He could feel his tendons pulling on his bones forcing him move, his heart, his head ,his very soul demanding he move right now and destroy every building in New York city until Nitro came out. Forty eight, that was the number which ran through his mind like a raging river.48 hours of labour, 48 hours of screaming in pain as each child was pulled out prematurely, 48 hours she went from being his entire universe to nothing more than a husk. 48 hours spent with his knuckles clenched so tightly in helplessness until her wife gave her last quiver breath and peace fell over her, the pain no longer hers to bear.

He made to stand, to storm in front of Black Widow and demand that she give him everything on his where about in ten seconds or he'd literally rip her head off and use it as a netball. That was until he was punched in the head. It wasn't hard but it was enough to make his head bob,the assaulting hand was small and oddly disarming. The shock of it shut his fury down almost instantly, his powers disappearing form view and powers under his full control once again, the fury was still but it had faltered almost completely, hanging in the back of his heart waiting to take control again. He turned to molly to jabbed at him again punching him dead centre on his forehead. He breathed. Something he wasn't sure he'd done since hearing Nitro's name for the first time and for the first time he smiled, a smirk working its way up his lips as he extended both hands waving them a short distance from her temples. “Why if you wanted something to punch, you should have said so sooner.” Yellow light formed out of his temples and his mind raced. Metal was easy to transmute. Plastics, especially the disconnected and malleable kind, was a little harder. Out from the yellow light a toy clown a full 2 heads taller than Molly emerged wearing plastic boxing gloves. It had a fat round bottom instead of legs but had what look to be two fully functional balloon arms. “I bet, five bucks, Bob the clown punches you before you can lay a finger on him.”Xolani flicked his index finger as a puppeteer would and the plastic balloon to took a swing at Molly head aiming its weightless plastic glove at her nose, it hands moving quickly. The distraction was something too keep him from flipping out before Black widow could finish relaying her intel about Nitro's location but it wasn't enough, to keep him there forever.

Ainmire Dougal
04-02-2011, 05:10 PM
"Your enthusiasm is noted, Firestorm."
Savage uses his codename to remind him who he once was.

L
04-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Through all the meeting, Deadpool had seemed disinterested to the point of boredom.

He twitched.

He figeted.

He scratched himself in interesting places.

Finally the boredom go so bad he started playing with some action figures (NOT DOLLS!).

He was thoughorly engrossed with his action figures as the meeting went on. At random moments he even seemed to mutter about them.

One particularly engrossing scene involved a pink glad barbie doll sitting on a throne having her shoes polished by what looked like one of the evil Nazgul from Lord of the Rings while another action figure – an extrodinarily handsome squirrel wearing a military helmet looked on.

'Bow before me Anne Bonny, for I shall own RPA' The squrriel demanded.

'Never, RPA belongs to everyone, Australians are vermin and we shall alwasy lead here!'

'Ahem'

Deadpool looked up sheepishly from his little game (an amazing feat considering he was wearing a mask), trying to find the source of the interuption to his game.

'Trying to take over RPA here if you don't mind'

Deadpool paused for a second.

'But look.... if you want to take down Nitro easy peasy, why don't I go, um, distract -'

Time stopped momentarily and Deadpool looked right down the camera.

'Yes fellow RPA'ers, when I say distract I really mean blow things up'

Time started once again.

'- those guys in Arkham. I could play footsies with big ole' Juggernaut, or trade witty remarks with the wall-crawler or tease Luthor about having no hair. I'd suggest wearing a pretty dress to get Bane's attention, but not even I could pull that off but if they think we're concentrating on them, Nitro may be easier to get to'

Without another word Deadpool went back to playing with his action figures.

Ainmire Dougal
04-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Savage raised an eyebrow.
"R.P.A..?"
"Hmm...not such a bad idea...actually...one better...what if you infiltrate the Broherhood? You could be our spy?"
"If you act ...unusual, noone will blink an eye."

Herr Gentleman
04-08-2011, 05:08 AM
A man in one of the rear corners of the room speaks up, having gone unnoticed for quite some time. His voice lacks any type of accent, strong and American; which is odd, considering the red star painted on his shoulder.

"There's only one problem with trying to bring down Nitro that I can see here. He's already demonstrated a willingness to blow up capes and children by the busload. What makes you think he won't do it again in the middle of New York City?" He pauses, shaking his head, "If we go in, guns blazing, powers hot, we all know how that will end. He won't hesitate to kill everyone in whatever street or plaza he happens to be standing in," he turns his head, "and that includes you, Firestorm."

"Now, as much as I'd love to see the Big Apple burn, and mind you, that thought makes me completely giddy, my... handlers," he spits out the word with disgust, "seem to think that this is a bad idea. Apparently, they are all for registration, and if we go blazing in and get everyone blown up, it completely defeats the purpose of the Registration Act to begin with."

"So, the question is, how do you defeat a man who can explode at will, a will do so the second he sees you coming? Know, of course, that within 150 to 300 milliseconds of him realizing he is under attack, he will detonate; you know, average human reaction time - and who's to say his won't be faster? Obviously, we are going to need either someone with access to the Speedforce, and I don't see any of the Flashes here; a power sapper, I don't think we have any of them, either; or a master sharpshooter who can go in, make the shot, and get out without being detected: and I can tell you from experience, that man is me."

He glares momentarily before driving his final point home.

"We can let the Fantastic Force and some of our... lesser units deal with the gangs and other scum; because we all know that if those bumbling fools get in there and attempt to apprehend Nitro... it won't be pretty: to say the least, that hunk of barbecued Timmy will be tame compared to this carnage."

Ainmire Dougal
04-08-2011, 01:47 PM
"Don't forget, we do have a shapeshifter on the team ..somewhere..who could get close...however, point made."
He smiles.
"A simple assasination..clean, efficient, can be blamed on anyone."

Herr Gentleman
04-09-2011, 07:18 PM
After several moments, the Soldier raises his voice again.

"Let's plan for the worst, shall we? Assuming that... somehow, this plan gets completely botched and Nitro does manage to explode again, what do we do next?" He slouches into his corner in the back, feeling a tad cocky. "I will tell you in a moment. First, I take it you all know how Nitro's power works?"

Without waiting for any type of confirmation, he boldly continues. "He turns himself into a gaseous form, then ignites. Aterwards, he reconstitutes himself, whenever, where ever he wants."

He raises a finger. "But, if part of his gaseous form goes missing... Nitro can no longer reconstitute himself. So what I am suggesting is simple. IF he manages to go off, we get some of our extremely quick members into the area immediately, and try to contain some of his... gas." He grins, "Then we wouldn't have to chase him down... to even become a man again, he would have to come to us!"

He pipes down, dropping to a near mutter, "But... you know... that's only in the worst case scenario."

Imp
04-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Adrian quickly tackled the subject before others or Winter could add on. Winter was quick to offer some grand information to which Adrian also had known of and was going to suggest.

"You have done your research, I see. Several heroes have already made these discoveries for us. Iron Man has even discovered the property of the gas and was able to reproduce the explosion. We are at a critical time where this information will greatly assist us."

Adrian began pacing near the window, continuing on with the discussion.
"Taking a piece of Nitro and forcing him to come to us would be of good form. Then we take him in and attempt to process via brainwashing. Taking a shot at him from a distance may be a better option and reduce the chance of casualities. Then again, we wouldn't want to anger Nick Fury if he wants Nitro alive."

Adrian froze when something specific came to mind. Veidt Tower was still standing in the Manhattan area. It would make for a key redoubt and position in the hands of SHIELD and Fantastic Force.

"May I also add, Veidt Tower is still in good condition and currently held under the power of my security. It has become a safe-spot for those in the area and may be a good current HQ. However, the gangs in the area have been slowly chipping away at the place. It is unlikely the tower would crumble anytime soon unless the Brotherhood stepped in, which is why we should reinforce it and bring in supplies. Perhaps a team and myself could be deployed there while the other teams go their way."

Ainmire Dougal
04-10-2011, 01:16 AM
"Excellent, perhaps I may join you?"
Vandal smiles to him.
"I have a subsidiary of Savage Industries in Metropolis should we need go there."
"Now the reports from the news seem to conflict with that assesement, some seem to indicate that Nitro's power is much like Gambits, able to touch matter and cause it to become unstable and explode but on a larger scale."
He frowns.
"What is the source of this discepency I wonder?"

Anne Bonny
04-10-2011, 02:59 AM
Natasha waved her hand to cease the conversation. "My friends, we are getting side tracked."

She placed both hands on the conference table and leaned forward to get a good look at each of them. "As tempting a prize as he may be, I'd like to remind you all that Nitro is not our main target. There are several gangs that have taken over various parts of New York City, and each one of them has the capability to create another disaster just as horrendous as Stanford.

"Catching Nitro would be the icing on the cake, as they say, and it would certainly help our reputation with the always questioning public. But I advise you all to look at the bigger picture."

She stood again, pushing strands of stray red hair out of her face. "As for the question of when we leave, we'll be going right away now that we have specific destination. Thank you, Adrian, for the use of Veidt Tower. I think it's a perfect place from which we will operate. Something in between the airship and the battleground. I like it."

With a smile, Natasha placed a finger to her chin, concidering the other suggestions that had come up. "The main question will be where to start. Although our forces have sealed off the city, it is still chaotic at best. Would the best option to be to choose a location and just start cleaning the streets, working out from there? Or do we pick the most powerful gang and work from the top down.

"Either way, Deadpool's distractions will probably come in handy," she continued, moving to Wade Wilson's side. She raised an eyebrow as she examined his little game of toys. Did they even have squirrels in Australia?

Plastic rodents aside, Natasha was certain that even with Deadpool's silliness they would be a tough team to beat. They had brains, they had brawn, they had people of extrordinary powers, and they had the best two spies in the world among them. He blue eyes moved to glance at the Winter Soldier before she continued.

"So Vandal and Adrian will head up our intellegence from Veidt Tower. Deadpool is our explosives man and we even have a volunteer for any espionage missions. Although if you think you're going to work any of those opportunities alone, you've got another thing coming. The thing left to decide are the specifics. Who do we go after first? Once we choose, we can decide exactly how."

The documents that had sat neglected on the table for the entire meeting were finally retrieved. Natasha passed a page to each of her fellow team members. Archaic, she thought to herself, to have it printed on paper, but she was the type of person who preferred to hold information in her own hands.

"This is a quick synopsis (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13114) on each of the major gangs in New York that we'll be going up against. I've also given you all access to information in the SHIELD database on each of their leaders. It should make for some interesting reading until we get there at least.

"I'll soon be getting in touch with the Fantastic Force to give them orders on how they can best assist us. If any of you have anything else you'd like to do to prepare for our mission, you are free to leave. Otherwise, you're welcome to stay here for more planning."

Sigma
04-10-2011, 03:17 AM
Throughout most of the meeting, so far Black Manta was the only member missing. Immediately after the passing of he pages, the silent and intimidating armored figure stepped into the room, grabbing his piece of the documents without a word spoken, his silence and added to being faceless give give anyone a a slight chill down the spine. And despite his rather late arrival, Black Manta needed no details on his current objectives and cared very little of who the target or targets were exactly, only that he gets the job done, as well as kill freely as an added bonus.

roan
04-10-2011, 03:45 AM
So this Nitro fellow spontaneously combusted upon himself as a weapon and then particles of himself would then gather later to reform himself.

She could handle that! All that was need was her presence. She could contain him in her purple gravity ball and when he explodes he has no where to go so... wouldn't he kill himself instead of others?

It was an idea but it was not sure to work. Leaning back in her chair she placed a finger to her mouth, as if to keep it closed, as she listened to the others speak, taking in all the information given. Once the papers were given out listing their targets she scanned over it, noting a few that had leaks into Boston, where she just left from. Hmm, this would be interesting.

When everyone was told they could leave to better prepare for their misson or stay Roxy rose from her seat. "There's got to be a bar in this humongous place. I could really use a drink. Anyone want to join?" As she spoke she began walking towards the door. If no one would accompany her she'd try to find it on her own. But with Roxy's sense of direction she'd likely get lost. "Going once, going twice..." Plus, she'd rather not be alone with all this to think about. Serious crowds were her thing and this surely was here.

Shadowstar
04-10-2011, 03:52 AM
She ignored the majority of the Nitro talk, while he needed to be dealt with, it wasn't her concern. She was here only to do as ordered, and when the woman in charge spoke up she listened. Looking at the sheet of paper that was handed out she raised an eyebrow. It was odd that they weren't just given the info on the screen in the room.

"What info do we have on the Reapers? Given their name and outfits, they seem to have a thing for death. I may be able to infiltrate them seeing my condition. What death obsessed gang wouldn't want a vampire in their ranks?"

She set the paper back on the table and sat back in her seat, relaxing a bit. Regardless of what input she gave, she would do what she was told to do without argument. With a smirk to Roxy, she reached into one of the inside pockets of her yellow trench coat and pulled out a blood donor bag and started to suck on it like a juice box. "Already got a drink, but If you want the company." She didn't really care what the others around her thought of it. She was beginning to feel slightly agitated and knew a quick meal would help calm her nerves.

Imp
04-10-2011, 04:44 AM
Veidt answered Savage's request positively and was about to answer his next question with Brotherhood in mind but he was stalled by Widow as she placed them back on track.
Adrian didn't mind her interruption but rather welcomed it, knowing more intel on the mission would be given.

Once Widow finished speaking, Adrian walked over next to her and Deadpool.
"Squirrels are not native to Australia and I highly doubt there are, just cute animals like them... Well if Deadpool hasn't anything to prepare for the time being, if he could show me some tips in the training area before we arrive at our destination. Acquiring a few lessons in marksmanship and sword fighting may do me well in the future and Wade doesn't seem very strict at all."

He walked away from them and circled the table.
"Each gang has a weakness as some are melee based and others resort to firearms. The group we have are extraordinary at that and if everyone is grouped together, suggesting some of FF assist us, we would be a hammer to the gangs. However, we would only be able to strike them one at a time. Perhaps we can split into teams to which could have their own purpose."

He paused before continuing, taking a glass of water on the table and having a sip of the clear liquid.

"Our military sends in squads that after a mission, break from each other to continue with their own tasked missions in that area. It continues like a crack on glass that breaks apart at the place as they complete one objective after another. With that, Savage and myself can assist in intel as Fury was kind enough to allow Veidt Security to attach onto and use the system in here."

Taking another sip of the room-temperate water...

"We could easily break into two different squads after their first mission has been completed. For the roster, we have the Black Widow and Winter who are both elite soldiers and top notch shooters. Next we have the jack of all trades; Black Manta, Jubilee, Deadpool, and Molly. These four have abilities to get in and mess the place up as well as strong enemies like Rhino and Sabretooth. After that, we have the 'elemental and other' specialists; Freefall, Scarlet, Mystique, and Firestorm. All even numbers in the roster and able to be split into the right category to take on whoever may be next. This is just an idea of course..."

"The best we have for capturing is Firestorm with his ability to immaterialize and come from anywhere, and Freefall who can use her abilities as well. Scarlet scarab may as well be able to sap Nitro's powers... then again I haven't done a lot of research on yourself."

Before Freefall approached the door, Adrian quickly added. "If I may be correct in the matter, your ability to create an energy bubble may be useful in stopping Nitro from exploding and harming others... then again I could be wrong. Plus, why don't we have drinks sent down to the training room so we can have a laugh or two over matters while Wade and I train?. I'm sure sharing some moves with each other wouldn't hurt... too much."

After Jubilee's suggestion of infiltration, Adrian finished his long and possibly boring thought.
"A great idea as long as they don't recognize you..." A first that hadn't come to mind, Adrian was impressed. Not too often does this happen to him.

Ainmire Dougal
04-10-2011, 06:15 AM
"Excellent. I look forward to worker more closely with you Adrian." He flashes a charming smile to him.

"Very good. Practice is certainly a good idea. Good luck. Gather me before you leave."
He hands him a card.
"You should be able to reach me at that number."
He looks over the intel.
"I have a few things to attend to myself before we land."
"Excuse me everyone."
He exits the room.

--------

Vandal strode to the quarters that had been assigned to him. Seeing that everything was in order, he locked the door and took out a laptop.
He sent an email to a minion at his company, instructing him to ready a special project for deployement as well as certain weapons, armor and items he feels might come in handy.
He also gives the coordinates for Viedt Tower.
When they receive the signal, they should use a repaired boomtube to transport the requested items there.

Satisfied at that portion, he sends another email to the one currently handling day to day operations.
Prepare to liquidate some funds, I believe we may soon be able to purchase some prime property in New York City, after the current business on it recieves damage that should lower it's value. Just which property this is is yet to be determined, but call it a hunch that some gang will end up creating such an opprtunity while it attempts to survive.
-V.S.

Smiling, he logs out and shuts the laptop off.

{Mr. Viedt I do believe has what it takes. Perhaps I shall sponser him personally...it has been sometime
Since anyone has impressed me enough to care enough to do so myself.}

roan
04-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Jubilee, the vampire woman, who gave Roxy the hebejebes, spoke up as she moved towards the exit. "Sure, come along if you'd like. Never talk much to... someone like you before. Ought to be pretty interestin'." With a thought she added, "How old are you anyway?"

Before Freefall approached the door, Adrian quickly added. "If I may be correct in the matter, your ability to create an energy bubble may be useful in stopping Nitro from exploding and harming others...-"

"I was thinking the same but thought to bring it up later. Glad you caught it."Roxy had never taken the time to really get to know each of her S.H.I.E.L.D members personally but this Adrian Veidt seemed like someone she could get better acquainted with easily.

" -then again I could be wrong."

"Let's hope not."

"Plus, why don't we have drinks sent down to the training room so we can have a laugh or two over matters while Wade and I train?. I'm sure sharing some moves with each other wouldn't hurt... too much."

"Cool, sounds like a plan." Roxy smiled to Adrian and looked to Deadpool with his figurines still on the table. "C'mon Wade," Roxy's brown eyes turned to blue as her hands took on a purple aura as Deadpool's chair lifted slightly off the ground before dropping again. "Stop playing with you toys and teach this man something, will ya?" Laughing Freefall turned to Jubilee while combing back her striped bangs, "Think I'll have a bloody mary. Bet'cha you've had one too... bit warming then normal but- hahaha."

Herr Gentleman
04-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Winter opens his mouth to interject once more, but catches Natasha's glance and quickly decides it isn't worth it. He closes his mouth and frowns slightly, waiting for her to pass out the dossiers. He gets his folder in the middle of Veidt's long winded spiel, he slowly flips through it, page by page, reading names, locations: everything pertinent to any form of combat being memorized. As he finishes, he closes the file, dropping it on the desk with a sigh.

Petty criminals, nothing difficult at all... assuming lethal force is authorized...

"Before we adjourn, how many of these gang members does Fury want taken alive? I won't have a problem eliminating them if I am not restrained to the..." he sneers, "Batman Policy." He glances at Widow, fairly certain she'll catch up to him with that answer. At the moment, he had some major concerns about Adrian being trained by Deadpool. He rises from his corner, moving for the door.

"Mr. Veidt, it has come to my attention that you wish to be trained in the use of firearms by Deadpool? Now you seem to be fairly intelligent, tell me, what is the sense in learning combat from that maniac? His tactics tend to consist of 'spray and pray' and 'if it moves, shoot it'. Granted, he has an accelerated healing factor, so his tactics actually work... so long as you don't mind being riddled with bullets." He shakes his head, "I know he's a good merc, but he's very... out there... how do you know he won't give you a weapon loaded with crayons?"

"I implore you, allow either Widow or myself to provide training, at least with firearms... last thing we need is our team's genius getting shot to pieces because a failed experiment with a healing facor taught him that cover is optional..."

Imp
04-12-2011, 12:27 AM
"I implore you, allow either Widow or myself to provide training, at least with firearms... last thing we need is our team's genius getting shot to pieces because a failed experiment with a healing factor taught him that cover is optional..."

It seemed Winter beat Adrian to the request. He was planning on training with all them but was going to wait till the meeting had completely finished to request their presence.

"Oh trust me, it is Wade's chaotic fighting sense I wish to learn of. His regenerative processes do help him but his quick-witted tactics are that of which I would like to grasp." He grinned to the various fights that Deadpool has been through as seen in the SHIELD logs.

"I was actually going to request Widow and yourself to assist me after the meeting was done in the training room with Deadpool. Learning from the marksmanship skills that both of you harness would be essential since I have hardly none. I have read up on you, Winter, I must admit you do well. I also welcome anyone who would wish to show me a move or two. I am a quick learner, which is how I made my way here. So everything should be absorbed in no time."

Adrian finished and awaited for anymore concerns to be spoken of before hopefully heading out of the meeting room with the others. He was ecstatic to learn of something he found quite intriguing, although none of this would really be noticed by anyone as he simply stood in place with a smirk on his face.

Ainmire Dougal
04-12-2011, 01:42 AM
Satisfied for the moment, Vandal makes a call.
"May, it's Vandal how are you?"
"Oh, Mr. Savage. How nice to hear from you. It's terrible gangs are running rampant...and our heroes are nowhere to be found. The police are trying but..."
"Is your nephew taking care of you, Peter isn't it?"
"Well, he sends me money when he can, but he is a busy businessman."
"Of course...tell you what, I am in the area soon, I'll personally stop by if I can."
"But the bridges.."
"Come now, May, a man of my influence?"
"Well, alright, but don't go to any trouble.."
"No trouble at all. After all, it's the least I can do after the kindness you showed me those years ago."
"Well I just did what anyone would do, you were shot."
"And I appreciate your descretion as well."
"Not everyone can say they saved a hero."
"True, too true. You keep safe. Don't go out unless you need to."
"I refuse to live in fear."
"And that is but one of the many things I admire about you. Until we meet next."
"Charmer."
He hangs up.

Anne Bonny
04-12-2011, 05:31 AM
"Oh," Natasha let slip in surprise. She had planned on simply continuing to handle the management side of SHIELD's business after the meeting. A call to Nick Fury, perhaps another to the Fantastic Force, then do some more research on their foes after giving their pilots instructions to head to New York City. But an invitation to socialize with her allies was quite unexpected... but also very welcome.

She smiled at Adrian, her first gesture that could be considered warm or friendly all afternoon. "I'll meet you there," she said. "A session with a novice, a lunatic, and a skilled assassin sounds irresistible.

"I do need to make a quick check in," she continued, thinking briefly of Fury and his demands for constant information as to what was going on. "But I'll be along shortly."

The Widow was slightly concerned about the two younger girls eager for drinks. But if they were also heading towards the training facilities she could keep an eye on them at least. And, she told herself, if they were chosen to be a part of SHIELD they couldn't be too reckless. Maybe it would be best to try to make some friends on the way to New York.

"If you ladies would be so kind as to order me a glass of vodka please?" she called after Jubilee and Freefall. "I think I'll like something to drink after I show these boys a thing or two."

Her smile widened into a pearly grin as her eyes moved to find the Winter Soldier again. "And to answer Winter's question... the use of lethal force has already been authorized. And I, personally, would rather see this scum wiped out instead of jailed. Just because we're the good guys doesn't mean we can't have fun, right?"

With a short laugh she shook her head and gathered up the leftover papers from the conference table. It was only then that she acknowledged the late guest in the room. Natasha's icy demeanor returned as she leveled her gaze to Black Manta. I certainly hope he had good reason to be late, she thought.

"As I said, I'll be along shortly. Now, Black Manta, was there anything you wanted to discuss? Or would you prefer to join the rest of the group in our exercise and we can go over what you missed there?"

SQJ
04-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Xolani's abilities cut off and he returned to his normal state destroying everything he'd created at that moment. The game was a hollow attempt at bringing back his good mood. It didn't work, and any positivity that had been there was crushed by by the words of the man lurking in the shadows. The remarks would have gone unheeded by Firestorm had Firestorm not heard his name being mentioned.

He rolled his eyes at the man “Of course, how brilliant just shoot him. I can’t believe no one else thought of that. Now you, my friend, are a rockstar. Shoot him, I bet even Adrian and Savage, no even Stark and Wayne are shocked at the brilliance of that plan. Must have taken you a whole two seconds to think that one up.” He muttered to himself before standing up.

Finally Black widow had given him enough Intel to start off with. He took himself two copies of the documents in case one was lost and stared at the black Widow his dark brown eyes staring into her cool blue ones. He passed her and waved over his shoulder. “Great plans guys. Just going to the shitter, be back in a sec.” He said simply before stepping over Molly's 'handiwork' and turning away. It was a horrible lie, how many people in movies had actually gone to the toilet when they actually said they were?

“To hell with these people and their plots. Clearly they know nothing of revenge.” He muttered, his eyes staring down at the floor, his fists pounding the walls the whole way through. He stopped and pitched the bridge of his nose.

“Mr Firestorm.” A voice called. He stopped and wiped his face. The voice belonged to the medic in charge of Lerato's stasis field.
“What is it?”
“Crystal Longhaven, said I should give yo an update on your daughter’s condition.”
Xolani felt as though he were going to vomit but held it in. “What is it?” he asked biting his lip and coming just short of it bleeding.
“She's still in the stasis field but for some reason her condition is deteriorating.”
“But that's impossible. You said time would stop for her in that field. I wouldn’t be here were it not for that single promise. So how that hell is her field decreasing.” He asked.
The Medic bit her lip and turned away from his glare. “I'm-I'm...”
“If you say anything like 'I'm doing the best I can,' I will blow a hole through you so shield can get another doctor.”
“Look” She said gaining her composure after losing it. “I just wanted to tell you that her condition is deteriorating and we're trying increase power to the field. We wont let your Khanyi die. Not while you're fighting to keep out nation safe.”
Xolani cocked his head to the side and stared, suspiciously at her. “Those your words? Because they sounded suspiciously like what Nick Fury had said to me when I first came here.”
She turned away but he grabbed her arm. “What!” she yelled.
“Give me that ear piece. I'm leaving and I Don't have one. I figure Shield will have some form of tracker on me but I want one in case I find something.”

She gave him her ear piece and broke it in half, examining its every detail before activating his Firestorm suit. Circles surrounded his ear and a new bigger earpiece covered his left ear.

He took of leaving the rest of his group behind. The fact was he didn't trust them, he didn't know them, there wasn't time to know them and he didn't want anyone getting in his way. He smirked at that lurking figure's words. “Nitro, kill me? Heh. I'd like to see it happen.”

Ainmire Dougal
04-12-2011, 03:43 PM
He locks his room, and exits making his way back.
"Black Manta, ...good to see you again." He nods.
(I believe they have worked together in the past.)

roan
04-13-2011, 01:08 AM
Roxy listened to Winter speak to Adrian about training under the crazed Deadpool. Rolling her eyes all she said to them about the matter, wether they wanted her opinion or not, "Yeah, well, crazy kills, dude. Crazy kills."

Turning she looked back to nod to Natasha at her vodka request, "Will do. Shaken not stirred? Haha!"

Before she would walk out of the room Firestorm blurted out and then left. Blinking Roxy shrugged her shoulders, "What his problem?"

Finished with the drama following the meeting Roxy was eager to leave the room, the tension sharper than a her own tongue. In the hall way now she looked from left to right. "Shit, which way do I go?" If it wasn't for her tomtom she probably not of driven out of Boston!

Shadowstar
04-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Stepping out of the room behind Roxy and chuckled and shook her head. "I think it is this way." She pointed down one of the corridors and started walking. "Though I could be wrong, I just recently have been allowed to walk around freely."

She stopped momentarily and closed her eyes before turning around to face Roxy directly. "I will be blunt about this and I plan on asking everyone the same question when I get the chance." She looked into Roxy's eyes as she spoke, making no effort to hide her fangs as she spoke. "Does my "condition" cause you concern? They way you referred to me a moment ago as, someone like you, I am getting the feeling that you do not like me. And to answer your previous question while I am at it, I am 22, I have only been a vampire for roughly a year now."

She sighed and turned back around and started to walk again, not waiting for a response from Roxy. Maybe she had gone a little far, she hadn't meant to lash out in such a manner. Her shoulder sank a bit as she walked, maybe she did need a drink, too bad alcohol would have no effect on her unless it was naturally in the blood she drank.

Sanguine
06-25-2011, 04:09 AM
"Did I miss the meeting?" Daken appeared out of seemingly nowhere, dressed in finely tailored slacks and a lavender button-up shirt that was just the right sort of rumpled. He was in the process of rolling the sleeves up to his elbows, to give it that casual air. "What a shame," the man remarked flippantly and smiled in a way that implied he didn't really think it was such a shame at all, as if that weren't already obvious to everyone in the room.

Here, the raven-haired mutant turned to the ladies, altering his scent to produce an overpowering amount of pheromones, "Now, what was this I heard about a club?" The man found it was better to just assume he was invited to any occasion he would deign to participate in, asking implied that there was even a chance someone wouldn't want him along. Being the handsome, suave devil he was, that was obviously not even on the table. Daken was quickly growing restless trapped within the S.H.I.E.L.D. compound, and a night out on the town was already appealing without the added allure of such lovely creatures.

He could use a night of debauchery, the metaphorical demon lying under his slick veneer was roiling and growing harder to control by the minute. Daken wanted to stalk the night, find some rich, ditzy socialite and savor every inch of her skin as he carved it from her with his claws. The thought of it had the two dorsal claws rising, just below his skin, ready for action. He wanted to hear her scream and plead for mercy, offer him all of her daddy's money in exchange for her flawless face. Maybe he would stop before that, maybe he'd just sleep with her and add a notch to the bedpost and she would leave in the morning, none the wiser, but the choice would be his The twisted mutant was heady with just the thought of it.