PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Falling

Wil Grieve
03-23-2011, 10:13 PM
All right, so I'm in the mood to build some worlds, but I can't pick a genre. So, I've decided to pick a few and mix them together. I'm excited about what it could turn into. I've already got a bunch of stuff thought out, much of which I will be trying to post once I can get it down on paper (or its online equivalent).

The world is a moon orbiting a gas giant referred to as Rapture (temporary name). The moon itself is called Roc, and is a bit larger than Earth, but covered mostly in oceans. Several continent-sized islands dot the seas, but many are isolated from one another by a ley line jetstream (magic currents flowing through the air that causes vicious storms and oddities where they flow).

Nations will include (but are not limited to): the industrialized steampunk Republic of Skene, run by an exploitative representative oligarchy; the kingdom of Kralin, a subservient nation to Skene and the host of a growing revolutionary movement, led in secret by the nation's masked prince; Nevehan, the mystical continent-wide empire run by obsidian-skinned hominids with keen minds for magic; Brakkenhaal, the luck-driven floating independent nation-state; and bear in mind, this is just within the first ley region. Much more exists beyond the current traveling capacity of these particular nations.

Characters will include (but are obviously not limited to): The airship crews of the Terror Moon, the Saint of Fools, the Doomsday Serenade, and the Skenian Third Fleet Flagship Astyanax; the royalty of the various nations; a mysterious, technologically-advanced group of foreigners who are rumored to have come from beyond the ley lines; a particularly mad pirate whose drunken antics have an alarming success rate.

Plot Elements will include (but are not limited to): an ancient eight-armed space station orbiting the planet silently, whose consistence over millenia have led many to view it religiously; the rebellion in Kralin; pirate conflicts, esp. with governments; and that's all I've got for now.

If anyone's interested in helping me pump this world full of sci-fi/fantasy/steampunky goodness, then let's chat.

Xanthuss
03-27-2011, 07:30 AM
Very interesting, I'd be interested :)