PDA

View Full Version : [M] * S.O.S * (Tytun and Myself)

Ankolyste
11-23-2009, 04:56 AM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff298/Kitacus/akibakko2D11752052637624.jpg

Captain Akiko Nymun.
Fleet number 1409.
53 troops.

Akiko and her top fleet sat in the shuttle as they flew towards their destination. The others in her fleet were following their ship. Grabbing her leather suit she stepped into it and laced it up just like a corset would be. Taking her Automatic Rifle into hand she hooked it onto her back as she grabbed the battle rifle in her chair, making sure she had extra rounds for it. taking her fragmentation grenades she clipped them to her belt. Nodding to the troops she pulled her com-link over her ears and pressed the side as she spoke "Prepare yourselves soldiers. We will be landing any moment now. Over."

Akiko watched as her troops gathered their gear and waited for their ship to land. When it got close to the land the doors opened and they were hit heavily by shots from Covenant fleets. "Open Fire!" She yelled as she climbed atop her chair and let out bursts from her Battle rifle, taking out the snipers easily. "Land and we will take them out on foot!" She yelled and the pilot complied. The ships landed within seconds of each other, her fleet of 53 troops flooding out and unleashing the wrath on the Covenant. "Take out the brutes to the left!" She yelled as she shot at the grunts who were unleashing their needles on her left flank.

It didnt take long for the field to become a silent graveyard. "Take the injured onto the drop ship and bring them back to quarters. Make sure they are taken care of properly." Akiko said as she reloaded her weapon and waved to her other troops. "The rest of you follow me, and keep your eyes open. We are going to sweep this building fast and send the signal before the Covenant can regroup and send for help." Trotting along Akiko lead her troops up the large hill and through the trees to see the front of the building where their mission remained at the top. Getting onto her stomach she peered through her scope and looked for enemies. "Clear."

Jogging down the hill she entered the building with the others, they quickly stormed the rooms and waved to her when it was clear. They swept the first three floors of the tower easily without any Covenant to deal with. "I guess we took them all out." She smirked as she took the stairs up the next floors, "Back ten troops, take this floor. Next ten take the next. Middle ten take the sixth. The rest of you come with me to the seventh floor. There should be a service elevator leading to the tenth floor where we can signal the others." Nodding she proceeded up the stairs with the five that were left. Getting to the seventh floor they came to a large door, a dead brute infront of it.

Grimacing slightly she grabbed its shoulders and pushed it aside. "Its locked...Open the door, and lets get this mission over with." Stepping back she allowed her technicians to work on the coded door, wiping her forehead from the beads of sweat dripping down. Suddenly a slight movement caught her eye. She looked over to the Brute's body as it twitched, glancing at it as she lifted her weapon. Akiko was surprised suddenly by a flood spore jumping out from its chest at her. Pulling her trigger she gritted her teeth and widened her eyes as she looked at the door. "No stop!!!" She screamed, but it was too late. The door opened and flood poured out from the door, taking their wrath on the troops. "Flood!!" She yelled as she pressed her com-link.

Bringing her Battle rifle up she began to shoot but was overwhelmed by a large flood creature grabbing her. Keeping its mouth away from her with her gun she grabbed a fragmentation grenade and pulled out the pin, throwing it above and behind the creature. Gritting her teeth she felt the explosion and rolled forward as the flood being was blasted over her. Looking back at her mutilated troops she looked to the stairs and noticed flood spores coming from it along with shadows of her troops who had been turned. "Damnit!" She yelled as she took off running into the room of flood, reaching the stairs and flying up them as if they were nothing. Reaching the eighth floor she saw the service elevator and ran to it, hitting the button and turning with her automatic rifle and waiting for the elevator. When it finally came down she turned to be face to face with a flood brute. Shoving it in the stomach she shot it in the face with her AR and beat it until it no longer moved. Shoving it off the elevator she pressed the button to go up, flood screeches coming from the stairs in front of her. Throwing a frag grenade she watched just as the doors closed it explode the flood that were in the room. Leaning against the elevator wall she sighed. Suddenly the elevator jerked to a stop, the bottom of it penetrated by flood claws. "Shit!" She gasped as she looked up and knocked out the roof panel and climbed up. Latching onto the rope she climbed up and then dropped a fragmentation grenade down into the elevator, climbing towards the top where the top floor remained. When the grenade exploded the elevator dropped and exploded, the heat form the flames making her sweat.

Getting to the Top floor she climbed through the doors and looked around. The room seemed untouched. Closing the doors she got up and ran to the doors leading to the next room, freezing as she saw the room infested. Moving away from the door she looked around and found a heating duct. Pulling the front off she climbed into it and replaced the grate, making her way through the duct, making sure to keep quite as she passed the room full of spores. Looking through a grate she saw the communication devices, checking the room she jumped from the duct and attached her com-link to the computers, wiring an open circut SOS.

"My name is Akiko Nymun. I am Captain of Fleet 1409. My troop was ambushed and I am the only one left alive." Hearing screeching Akiko looked behind her, they knew she was still alive. "I am pinned down and in need of a rescue. My mission must be completed, the world as we know it depends on these encrypted messages." Another screech made her let out a slight scream, now shaking she laid her hand over the transmission button "Please. Help me." Hitting the button the light flashed red as her transmission was sent out across space. She hoped a friendly ship got her message before someone else did. Taking her com-link off she grabbed her Battle rifle and checked her ammo. She had 50 rounds left, and one fragmentation grenade left. Holding it tight she waited. If they were to find her, she wouldnt let herself be turned.

Tytun
11-23-2009, 06:18 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m273/greenlink2/anime-hoodie-male-1.jpg

Private Ven Tenebrous
Fleet #1497

Close to the targeted planet was another fleet ship. While it had the armaments to launch its own attack by itself, this specific ship was used for the sole purpose of backup. In this case, the crew felt that the fleet that had just went in could easily take on the Covenant point by themselves. Therefore, most of the ship's personal were lounging about, doing absolutely nothing important.

"Come on, Chris. I heard that some of the other soldiers are preparing a game down in the quarters. Stop fooling around at your post and let's go!" The voice belonged to a private within the fleet, who was currently leaning against the wall by a communications computer. The one whom he had referred to as Chris was in the seat commanding this device, and he simply smiled to himself as he turned to look at the private.

"Sorry Ven. It's my job to stand by for any upcoming messages."
"Ah, man... You're really bumming me out. I mean, that fleet can take care of itself. Why would you think any communication would be necessary."
"Well... It simply is. Besides, I need to be here for the message of mission complete, anyway."

Before Ven could make a snide comment, a sudden beeping sound occurred. Chris turned his attention back to his computer, and noticed that a channel was attempting to communicate.

"See, Ven? Need to take a listen to this."
"Psft... Whatever, man."

Chirs took a moment to listen in on this one-way communication, but his eyes suddenly widened.

"What's wrong, Chris?"

Instead of directly replying, he pulled a decrypted form of the transmission out and handed it to Ven. "Ven... Take this to the captain, ASAP."

"Huh?... Oh, right!" Ven quickly took hold of the decrypted device and attempted to hastily make his way. After a few minor mishaps and a wrong turn, he finally arrived at the captain's station. Thankfully, the captain was still there. That was good, because Ven had no clue where his chambers were.

"Sir! I have a message directed for you, sir!" Ven said as he saluted, still not really used to the whole act itself.

"At ease, soldier," the captain said before turning to face Ven. At that point, Ven handed the device to the captain, who took it and placed it within a small device. Immediately, a virtual screen popped up and began to play a voice. Since the communication wasn't video recorded, the screen was simply the straight line that bounced based on vibration strength.

"My name is Akiko Nymun. I am Captain of Fleet 1409. My troop was ambushed and I am the only one left alive. I am pinned down and in need of a rescue. My mission must be completed, the world as we know it depends on these encrypted messages. Please. Help me."

Ven remained silent as the transmission played, unsure of what to think about it. The captain, however, immediately went over to the coms link of the ship and turned it on. "All soldier personnel, prepare for a planet drop in twenty minutes. We have a situation to take care of." Upon leaving the comlink, he turned to Ven and said, "Alright, private. Get to the hangar suited up. We've got to get there."

Ven immediately did a farewell salute and headed off. Within the time span, he, and about sixty other soldiers were sitting in wait within a drop ship. The captain eventually walked in, suited up for combat, and took his seat near the front. There weren't any words of inspiration to be said; Granted, nothing could be done to inspire the troops for this. Fifty-three troops had gone in just a moment ago to a position that should have had average Covenant resistance, and yet only one remained... This extra battalion almost felt like a suicide run...

The ship took off and began its orbital descent. Ven clenched his Assault Rifle close to him. His first time to go into combat... Would he be okay? He wasn't sure, and time wasn't on his side to think about it. Within minutes, the ship landed on the planet's surface, and the troops began to file out. Checking his rifle to make sure it was okay, Ven took a deep breath and exited the ship.

"Well... Might as well try."

Ankolyste
11-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Akiko sat in her corner, her heart pounding and her instincts on high alert as the screams never ceased. After about ten minutes she heard banging on the wall to her right, which was where the swarm remained. Akiko let out a quiet scream as a body was thrown into the metal door, the disgusting yellow claws visible through the glass window. "Please dont break it..." She whispered aloud as she aimed her gun. If they broke the glass she would surely be swarmed with spores in great number, they would surely consume the rest of her ammo. Scooting as close to the wall as possible Akiko leaned her head against the wall, each forceful slam against the wall and door making her jump.

The walls werent made of steel, but a top of the line material usually used for civilian homes back on Earth. If they continued at the wall as they did it would crack and crumble, and then she would be left to death by her own grenade. Akiko hugged her rifle to herself and looked out the large window at the stars that shone above. Not much of an atmosphere blocking them out they were clear just as if it were pitch black. Hearing something fall to the flood Akiko looked over at the wall, a crack now in it. Biting her lip she aimed her gun and waited, if it were to happen; then so be it.

Looking back at the window she stood, taking her attention away from the wall behind her as she examined the windows. Running her hand along it she noticed there were no latches for an emergency exit. Akiko heard more debris fall on the floor behind her, followed by a shriek which grew in noise. Placing her hand on the window she looked at the nature outside it, where she had just been with the rest of her troops just 20 minutes before. Her eyes closed as she slammed her fist against the glass, the echo reverberated in her body as she sighed.

Just as she was about to turn and take her place back in her corner she caught a glimpse of something falling from the sky. Looking up she noticed a ship, a friendly ship. Her expression brightened and she placed her hand back on the window, smiling as she then looked at the computer beside her. Looking back at the wall that was cracking more and more she took a small chip from an interlocking piece on her chest. Inserting it into the Covenant computer she began to download encrypted files onto the chip, this action caused the alarm in the building to go off. Her eyes widened and she tried to turn it off, but it was no use. The Flood pounded their way into the wall, creating a hole. Looking back Akiko grabbed the chip and her gun, running back to the other side of the room, climbing back into the vent and replacing the grate. Laying down in it she shook slightly, watching as the Flood entered the room and attacked the computer, busting it into pieces. Scooting back she hoped they would not see her before the troops arrived.

Tytun
11-23-2009, 11:37 PM
The multitude of troops found no resistance in the outside field, only spotting few dead Marines yet a ton of dead Covenant. Ven in particular was examining the corpse of a said Brute, noting the precision of the shots dealt to it. Whoever had taken it down was either a skilled shot, or a skilled commander. Sighing, he stood back up and wondered why there was need for backup if the previous group managed to do all of this.

"Alright, troops," the commander said. "The transmission came from the tower over there. If anything, Covenant probably still have the place under their control. I want everyone to split into several groups." Pointing to Ven and a few other soldiers, he then said, "You four. You're with me. The rest of you, I want you to explore the surrounding section and prepare for any possible ambushes by the Covenant. Go!"

"Hoowah!" the soldiers shouted as they spread out. As for Ven and the group he was assigned to, they cautiously made their way to the tower. Once they were at the entrance, the captain gave the okay, and the group made their way inside.

Alarm... Upon entering the tower, the group could hear the alarm blaring out. The captain gave some hand motions, which basically meant 'Head on through, and keep your eyes open', and began moving ahead. The other soldiers followed along suit, Ven keeping his eyes on the sides mostly. He assumed that if an ambush would occur, he'd be ready.

Heh... Unfortunately for him, his group was about to deal with something worse than the Covenant.

Ankolyste
11-23-2009, 11:58 PM
There was suddenly a scream that echoed all the way down to the bottom floor. Akiko had been found by the flood and they were now trying their hardest to get into the duct. Once they bent it open and one started to reach their claw in towards her, it shrieking and and trying to bend the metal to get to her. Scooting herself back she continued to aim her ugn at it, watching as it shoved itself into the duct, lodging himself in it, only one arm clawing at the sides. A slight smile came to her lips as she then scurried back, kicking the duct from its screws and jumping into the room with the elevator door. The creature had blocked the duct so no others could get through and trapped itself in the process. This was just fine for her.

But when she opened the elevator door she realized that she had blown it up before. Slapping her palm to her face she sighed and shook her head, jumping to the rope and scaling down it slowly. Looking up as a shriek caught her off guard she screamed as Flood spores jumped into the shaft and began to fall towards her. Swatting them away she watched as they fell into the fire that remained at the bottom and exploded.

Akiko climbed down the rope more, only the be greeted by a large Flood body falling atop of her. It caused her to let go of the rope, but luckily it fell before it could harm her. As she fell her leg was tangled in the rope and her gun and grenade fell into the fire, exploding. Akiko winced as she tried to move herself, but her knee was stretched too far and she felt her bones grinding together. Letting out a pained yell she dangled helplessly from the rope, a few feet from the seventh floor where the elevator doors were closed. "Damn...it..." She groaned as she watched the flames dancing below her.

Tytun
11-24-2009, 01:40 AM
The group of five continued to cautiously move on through the first floor, examining every inch of their surroundings. When they reached the central point of the level, they were greeted with a sudden shriek. Ven almost literally lost his grip on his Rifle as he shot his gaze over to where he thought the sound had come from. The captain, looking in the same direction, motioned for the soldiers to follow him carefully. The group, their guns ready and off safety, move on.

It didn't take them long until they reached the room close by the service elevator. As they reached that point, the feeling of warmth could be felt by all five. Turning the corner, Ven looked in surprise at the raging fire surrounding the recently destroyed elevator.

Grunting, the captain spoke out. "Looks like the troops didn't waste any time in preventing the Covenant with a quick escape."

The troops nodded with an acknowledgment, wanting to believe that that was the reason. Suddenly, they heard a scream; A more feminine one at that. Blinking for a moment, Ven attempted to look up the shaft to see what made it. In the process, he reared his head back in surprise as several small things fell down and exploded into the fire. Moving back, his gun aimed, he watched as something else dropped into the fire, making a much louder explosion.

The captain quickly moved to the stairwell as the soldiers still looked up the shaft, wondering what the heck was going on. As a much larger thing fell into the fire, the captain said, "Soldiers! Get your asses in gear and come on!" to which Ven turned and followed the captain upwards. Upon reaching the second floor, at the point where they could see into the shaft slightly better, Ven saw a female, probably of high ranking, hanging upside down by the elevator rope. The captain, after being shown, told Ven to follow him up. Quickly, they made their way to the floor where Akiko was more at and stopped at the elevator door opening.

As the captain held the gate that surrounded the elevator opening out, Ven crawled as far as he could without falling. "Hey!" he called out to Akiko. "Are you okay? Here, grab my hand!"

Ankolyste
11-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Akiko dangled for a few moments before hearing the door right below her open up. Gasping she expected the worst to happen, had the flood become smart enough to gain access to their prey? As a figure suddenly came into her view she became relieved when she saw it was a soldier, one that was indeed not in her fleet. A small smile came to her lips as she took a deep breath and listened to him as he shouted out. Her smile quickly faded as a shriek came from above her. His voice had caught the attention of some flood in the floor above them. Wincing she reached out towards him, a few inches away from his hand.

The shriek came louder as it echoed into the elevator shaft, the flood creatures now right above her looking down upon her. "Damnit!" She yelled as she reached more towards him, pulling at the rope trying to loosen the knot from around her calve and foot. Closing her eyes tightly she pulled one last time on the loop and it let her go, her hand connected with his, her hand grabbing his wrist as she tumbled downward, just in time as she got away from the jumping flood who thought they could grab onto her. They fell below her in the fire and Akiko let out a yell, her leg had slammed against the concrete wall and was now throbbing. Holding onto the soldier's arm tightly she reached her other hand up, grasping for whatever she could possibly grab for leverage. "We need to get out of here. Now!" She shouted as she looked up at the five man squad who were there.

Tytun
11-24-2009, 02:32 AM
As Ven held his hand out to her, he noticed how her gaze turned upwards in a frightened state. Looking up, he noticed with surprise these strange, hideous things above them. Now his arm was extended fully out to her, realizing what was really going on. After a few moments of suspension, she finally grabbed his hand and loosened herself from the rope, just as the creatures were about to land on her. When Akiko flailed her remaining hand up, it was the captain who came down and took her grip. With both him and Ven pulling up, they were able to get Akiko on her feet in a second.

Looking down, Ven saw that Akiko's leg was in bad shape. As such, he wrapped her arm around his shoulder and helped her stay up. "Easy there..."

As the three other soldiers aimed up the stairway for any incoming hostiles, the captain quickly turned on his comlink. "Command! We have Flood in the vicinity! I repeat, we have Flood in the vicinity!! All troops outside of tower, prepare yourself for anything!" Switching the comlink off, he turned to face Akiko and said, "I agree. Let's get moving."

"FLOOD!!!" cried out a soldier, as they began firing at the little blobs that traveled down the stairwell. With Akiko in tow, Ven began moving as fast as he could to the exit, while the rest backed him up.

Ankolyste
11-24-2009, 03:12 AM
Akiko winced as she was put on her feet, grateful to the soldier who propped her up with his body. Looking down at her twisted leg she put her head up, suddenly feeling dizzy from coming right up so fast and her injury rushing pain signals up her spine. Grabbing onto Ven's arm with her right arm to steady herself. As they began to move after the Captain sent his message she heard the familiar hissing that the small spores made, feeling completely helpless since she had no gun. Looking at the soldier who was holding her she took his rifle with her right hand and held it against her side. "I'll shoot. You help me walk." She said in her stern Captain voice as she nodded to him.

As the barrage began to come down the stairs Akiko pulled the trigger dismantling the first wave's heads, causing them to drop cold onto the floor. Looking at the Captain of the fleet she yelled out to him "Call in an air strike for 2 minutes. Tell them to blow this place sky high, no matter what. If we don't make it then so be it. But Ive got what I want." She tapped the interlocking piece on her chest that held the chip she had downloaded information onto. She noticed him open his mouth to speak but she cut him off, "I am still Captain and this mission can NOT fail. Do you understand?!" She shouted as she pulled the trigger on the assault rifle, taking out another flood infested brute.

Tytun
11-24-2009, 03:20 AM
The captain was stunned by the what Akiko had asked for, but unfortunately not as high up in the captain level as she was and had to comply. Firing at the Flood Akiko and the soldiers didn't take down, he reactivated his headpiece. "Command, requesting an air strike as soon as 2 minutes ago. I repeat, requesting an air strike. Take this place out and fast!" There... it was done. Now it was simply a race against time.

As they traveled forward, Ven could almost see the exit. As he sped up a bit, he almost missed seeing the Flood Brute drop from the ceiling close by. With a quick movement, he used his free arm to pull his Magnum out and placed three rounds into the creature's face in fright. As the thing collapsed, he recaught his breath and then moved on.

Ankolyste
11-24-2009, 03:27 AM
Nodding Akiko winced, her head dropping down as she bit her lip; fighting the pain as Ven sped up his pace. When she heard a Magnum go off three times she looked up to see the Flood's corpse drop to the ground. Smirking she glanced up at him "Nice shot soldier." She commented as she winced again and continued to hobble through the halls, she could smell the fresh air from the exit come to her. Grabbing Ven's arm tighter she dropped her head again, feeling as if her leg could just fall off. Akiko slowed her pace slightly and gritted her teeth tightly, trying to keep herself moving. 'I have to get this information to a safe place...' she thought to herself as she continued, trying to push the pain from her mind.

Tytun
11-24-2009, 03:43 AM
"Eh heh... Thanks, ma'am!" Ven said in a still slightly frightened tone, since the thing had scared him shitless. Feeling her grip his shoulder tighter, he looked down at her and realized that she was having a hard time walking on that leg of hers. Without really thinking about what she would say, he bent down onto a knee, letting her body slightly fall onto his back. Once there, he came back up and held her from her behind in a piggy-back style, though she was sitting on the back side of his hands. ...He didn't want to be considered a pervert, after all.

"Hold on," he said, as he began moving at a slightly faster pace. The group made the few turns needed as they swerved around the first floor, fighting off the oncoming Flood. With a last turn, they saw the light emanating from the exit. Almost with a tear-stricken smile, Ven quickly made his way to the exit, hoping to get out of this godforsaken place...

Ankolyste
11-24-2009, 03:53 AM
Akiko made a slight squeal as he stopped and put her onto his back, holding her up with his hands. Blinking a few times she winced, her leg dangling, but less pressure now on it. Wrapping her arms around his neck she put her forehead onto his shoulder, fighting the pain as he began to move faster. It was much easier on her than it would be if he would have tried to speed her walking up. As they finally made it out into the fresh air Akiko smiled, her nerves finally calmed as they started towards the other troops and the ship they had come down on. "Air strike is on the way. Lets get the hell out of here and let these demons burn!" She shouted as she looked upon the faces of the fleet. It saddened her to know her entire fleet besides the injured who had gone back to quarters were now all dead. Putting her forehead back on Ven's shoulder she gritted her teeth as she waited for them to get to the ship. She hoped a medic was on board.

Tytun
11-24-2009, 04:01 AM
Ven felt Akiko leaning her head across his shoulder, knowing that she was most likely in real pain from her leg. When the group rushed out of the building, the other troopers were already filing into the dropship. With a hard rush up the hill and over to the ship, the group quickly seated themselves, the captain getting Akiko into his seat, as the ship lifted off. Feeling the surge of adrenaline disappear as they reached the higher altitudes, Ven sat limp in his seat, breathing heavily trying to calm his nerves. A soldier close by Akiko happened to be a medic, and began to check her leg for lacerations and/or fractures.

Ankolyste
11-24-2009, 04:34 AM
Akiko was seated in a chair and felt as the ship lifted from the planet where her mission was now completed. She winced and gripped the chair tightly as the medic beside her began to check her leg. Akiko knew that he wasnt going to get a real quality inspection while she was in her leather suit. As soon as they reached a cruising speed Akiko grabbed the handle above her and pulled herself up, steadying herself on her good leg she unlaced the corset type back and slipped her top half from the suit, sitting down as she unlaced the legs and peeled them off to reveal her civilian clothing which consisted of a white shirt and a black skirt with black tights. Wincing she sat back down in the chair and looked at her swollen knee. It looked quite battered but it wasnt too swollen nor was it bleeding.

As the Medic began to wrap her knee tightly she winced, tossing her head back and closing her eyes as she gritted her teeth.

"Its just a dislocated knee cap with a hyper extended ligament. When the swelling goes down everything should return to its proper place. Until then just make sure she keeps her fluids up and stays off of her knee." He spoke after he had wrapped her knee and stood to nod to the captain.

Akiko sighed and put her cold hands to her face, shaking her head side to side as her knee throbbed. "I cant believe this..." She groaned to herself as she continued to shake her head.

Tytun
11-24-2009, 04:44 AM
The captain nodded to the medic, and then moved to the front of the ship. He calmly ordered the pilot to send a message to both their ship and Akiko's about the debriefing. Once finished, he came back to the seats and turned his gaze back to his captain companion. "So, Captain Akiko," he said calmly, "Just what exactly happened down there, and why were there Flood in a Covenant outpost?" By this point, Ven had removed his combat helmet as the captain spoke and, interested as well, listened in.

Ankolyste
11-24-2009, 04:59 AM
Akiko glared slightly at the Captain as he asked her why the Flood was there. "Do you think I have any idea?! If I would have known why they were there then I wouldnt have gone in so blindly!" She shouted as she sat up, her voice traveling through the ship. "We were sent blindly into the operation, Hell if I know what exactly happened! The only thing I know is that the damn things had the place swarmed..." She stopped and looked down at her knee. "I should have been able to protect them. I split us all up hoping for a quick mission..." She ran her hand through her hair and sighed "I escaped with a busted knee...and for what?!" Akiko snapped as she put her face in her hands. "Its my fault they are all dead." She said sternly as she lowered her head, shamed to admit her mistake. She was a Captain, and a high ranking one at that. She wasnt the kind to make stupid mistakes like she did today. She was usually thorough in her job, but the day she felt lazy, was the day her nightmares sprang forth.

Tytun
11-24-2009, 05:09 AM
Everyone heard Akiko's loud statement, and Ven nearly thought she would have started crying because of it. He looked down, trying to imagine what it was like to lose most of your squad like that... The captain gave a soft sigh and said, "Say what you will, but you shouldn't let yourself feel down because of this. Everyone makes mistakes; Big or small. The lives lost were only because they believed in your ability. Don't blame yourself on this matter, blame the Covenant for even keeping the Flood there." Without waiting for her reply, he went back to where the pilot was and stood silently.

Ankolyste
11-24-2009, 05:23 AM
Akiko shook her head at the captain as he attempted to give her advice about it. As he started to walk away she mumbled under her breath "No wonder you have a pitiful rank." Rolling her eyes she sat back in er seat and sighed, glancing over to the soldier next to her who was looking down. Blinking a few times she realized that it was the soldier from before who had saved her life she smiled and patted his shoulder "Thank you, for saving my life soldier." Nodding to him she pushed her hair behind her ear "Im Akiko Nymun, Captain of fleet 1409....atleast whats left of it." Shaking her head slightly she held out her hand to him "And you are?"

Tytun
11-24-2009, 05:28 AM
Ven, still in his own little world, was surprised to hear someone speaking to him. Looking to his side, he saw that it was the one they had saved. When she spoke and revealed her full name and rank, Ven almost jumped up to give the proper respect. Noting a little too late that he was buckled up in his seat, he gasped a bit, realizing he probably looked like a fool for the moment. Even still, he sat upright in his seat and gave her a proper salute before shaking her hand. "Ma'am! Private Ven Tenebrous of Fleet 1497, ma'am!"

Ankolyste
11-24-2009, 05:40 AM
Akiko shook his hand and laughed slightly, her eyes closing and her hand coming over lips as her laugh calmed into a chuckle. Taking a breath she smiled at him "At ease Private Ven." She chuckled out. Akiko didnt expect him to be so ambitiously proper to her. She shook her head slightly as she leaned back into her chair, still looking to him. "Just call me Akiko while we arent on the field. Alright?"

Smiling slightly she wondered how old this troop was, he was obviously new and low in rank. But rank never defined age. Most captains she knew were older than 30. But she was the young age of 21. She was put into the military ranks when she was young, earning her rank every single year. Her father had taught her well, before he was admitted to a hospital on Earth in a coma. Pushing some of her hair behind her ear she looked forward and held her stomach, it was surely upset since she was hungry. But she all of a sudden felt ill. Taking a deep breath she calmed herself out of it and simply looked over to Private Ven.

Tytun
11-24-2009, 06:00 AM
"Uhh... Yes, ma'a- I mean, Akiko!" he said, catching himself at the last second. He looked away, completely embarrassed at how he had just addressed to a captain. At the moment, he stared down at the ground, trying to figure out how to reclaim himself from that mess-up. Looking up, he managed to see Akiko holding her stomach like she was sick. When she turned to face her, he then said, "Are you okay, Akiko?"

Ankolyste
11-25-2009, 01:15 AM
Akiko blinked a few times, she didnt expect him to ask if she was okay. Usually troops mind their own and its every man...or woman for themselves. Shrugging slightly she let out an ugh like sound "Im just...not feeling well is all." Nodding to him she put on a smile "Im sure its nothing. Ill be fine. Probably just queasy from all of the action that has just gone on." Akiko nodded again and sat back in her chair, avoiding grabbing her stomach again.

Tytun
11-25-2009, 02:09 AM
Looking away for a moment as she spoke, he couldn't really tell if she was speaking the truth or just fibbing. Nevertheless, he looked back at her with a soft smile. "Well... If you say so." Around that time, the drop ship was close to its fleet vessel, signaled by the dark shadow that fell over the ship.

Ankolyste
11-25-2009, 02:23 AM
Akiko let out a sigh of relief when she felt the shadow from the fleet vessel come upon her. "Finally, I can regain myself on a much less of a cramped ship." She said as she chuckled slightly. Looking to Ven she nodded to him "Would you mind helping me from this ship onto the other?"

*Ick...so short. Sorry. =C*

Tytun
11-25-2009, 04:34 PM
Ven listened to her speak as the shadow came over them, and then nodded. "Sure, but uh... I'm not sure where you'd want to go." As he finished, the drop ship gently swooped back into the fleet ship and docked. As the soldiers exited, Ven stood up and held his hand out to Akiko.

Ankolyste
11-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Chuckling Akiko shook her head slightly "You dont expect me to stay here in this seat do you?" Smiling she held onto her seat as they docked, grabbing Ven's hand as he offered it. Placing her arm over his shoulder she hobbled, her knee not giving her much grief now that it was wrapped tightly up. Getting off of the drop ship she looked around at the people walking around. She wasnt sure about what she would tell her troops when she met back up with them. "Hey Ven. Is there a place to just lay down and relax here? Somewhere absolutely quiet?"

Tytun
11-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Leading Akiko out of the ship, Ven listened as she spoke. Hearing her question, he thought over it for a moment, and then nodded. "There is one place, mostly because hardly anyone actually goes there. On this ship, it's all work, work, work. Thankfully, I managed to glimpse it on a tour over the ship." Holding her to support, he led her through the ship as they traveled upwards. By the time they reached the upper section of the ship, he led her through a doorway. The room they entered resembled that of a small observation room, its ceiling completely see-through. He then sat her down on a bench and stood there, looking up at the stars. "Will this work?"

Ankolyste
11-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Akiko watched the faces of the people that they passed. Not all of them were 'happy' per say and plenty of them were so under enthused she wondered if they were alive at all. She didnt pay much attention to where exactly they traveled but she knew when they were there, because silence hit her like a brick wall. Sitting on the bench Ven had lead her to she smiled and looked up at the stars as well. "Its perfect." She said as she watched the stars dance "I never thought I would ever see these beautiful stars ever again..." She said as she pushed her hair back, smiling up at them as if they were long lost friends of hers. For a moment she was silent, and then looked over at Ven. "Thank you...again. For saving my life. I know you werent in charge of the operation...But Im glad it was your hand I grabbed onto."

Tytun
11-26-2009, 01:04 AM
Ven silently chuckled to himself when Akiko spoke of the 'beautiful' stars. When she thanked him, though, he turned to look at her silently. After a bit of staring, he looked away with a slight blush. "Eh heh heh... It was nothing, really." Giving a soft cough, he then looked to her and said, "So... Would you prefer me to leave you in peace for the moment?"

Ankolyste
11-26-2009, 01:14 AM
Akiko chuckled as he stuttered after she had thanked him. Glancing over at him she watched him cough, she couldnt help but smile as he looked over at her again. Sitting up as he asked her if she would like to be alone her smile flattened. "Actually, I like your company. If it is alright with you...that I ask you to stay."

Tytun
11-26-2009, 01:36 AM
Ven blinked in surprise to her answer... She wanted him... to stay?! Scratching his head in slight embarrassment, he then said, "A... AH... Okay." He moved up to her and took a seat by her on the bench. Trying to refrain himself from doing anything foolish, he turned his gaze back to the stars, a slight smirk on his face.

Ankolyste
11-26-2009, 01:45 AM
Akiko blushed slightly as he sat next to her, looking at the floor for a moment before looking up at the stars as well. They were entrancing most times to her. She looked at them as if she would never see them again. Placing her hands on the bench, her right one landed atop of his. She instantly recoiled with a slight gasp, looking down at his hand and then up at his face, her own turning red. Clearing her throat she looked back up at the stars, but unable to focus on them. "Hey...Ven." She cracked out quietly as she again cleared her throat. "How...old are you?" Akiko instantly felt foolish for asking him such an off topic question.

Tytun
11-26-2009, 02:11 AM
Ven almost lost his attention around him when he suddenly felt something on his hand. At first, he thought it was a spider and looked down, only to notice that it was Akiko's hand. When she jolted back in embarrassment, he blinked at her for a moment. After their eyes made contact, he quickly looked away while his face was hot red. He once again scratched the back of his head and tried to move his thoughts away from that. Then... she asked the question. Looking at her, he remained silent for a short while before stuttering out, "Twen... Twenty... Two, Akiko..."

Ankolyste
11-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Akiko nodded to him as he told her his age. So he was older than her. Taking a deep breath she fidgeted her hands along the bench, trying not to make another fool of herself. "Twenty two." She nodded again, trying to find some excuse to why she had asked him. "Its a umm... very good age to be a private." Smiling she nodded again, "Yeah. A good age." There she went making herself mumble about random things. She hoped that she wasnt as apparent to him as she was to herself.

Tytun
11-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Ven back up to the stars as she replied, noting that she seemed to be a completely different person right now. Then again, war can do that to people. One minute, they're bubbly and compassionately, the next, they're merciless and cold. In a sense, he guessed that she felt happy here... for the time until she would return to her ship. Looking down now, he asked, "So, uh... How old are you then, Akiko?" He knew that it was usually non-polite to ask a woman her age, but he personally went by the system that, if something is given, the same something should be provided. In this case, he had stated his age and therefore it was only fair if she did too.

Ankolyste
11-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Akiko looked over at him when he asked her for her age. Smiling slightly she chuckled "Me?" She pushed a stray lock of hair behind her ear "Im Twenty one." Akiko looked at him for a moment before looking up at the stars again, a quaint smile resting on her lips as she put her hands in her lap, trying to keep still. But after a few moments she began to pull at the hem on her skirt, her attention completely scattered at this point.

Tytun
11-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Ven looked back over to Akiko with a impressed stare. 21... and a captain? That was an astounding feat to be had. When she had given a smile and then looked up at the stars, he followed suit, not exactly knowing what else to say. Looking back to her for a moment, he caught a glimpse of her gripping her skirt's hem. Without thinking about it much, he placed his gaze back onto the stars.

Ankolyste
11-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Akiko then chuckled from out of nowhere "You know Ven. This is the first time in a long time I have been able to just sit, relax and look up at the stars." Pushing some hair behind her shoulder she continued to look up at the stars, smiling still. "Its slightly pitiful really. Im always so caught up in being a Captain and worrying about this war that I forget to..be a human being." Akiko frowned slightly, not taking her eyes off of the stars.

Tytun
11-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Ven side-glanced at Akiko when she spoke, and then returned his gaze to the stars with a slight smirk. "Well, I can see how being a Captain requires so much from a person," he said. "Having to command large groups of soldiers, planning strategies out, moving the operations into effect... Being a Captain is just... so much. It's hard to remember who you really are within all the congestion of duty." All of this, of course, was pure speculation, and Ven wondered if his words actually did speak truth or not.

Ankolyste
11-30-2009, 05:23 AM
Akiko chuckled slightly "You have no idea Ven..." She shook her head and glanced over to him "Ive been involved with the service since I was old enough to remember. My Father ran things on Earth, He was the top of the top. First thing I knew I was put into boot camp, learning how to be Daddy's little Soldier..." Akiko took a deep breath, a shutter escaped from her as her eyes watered. "I was the only girl, and the youngest. The teen boys picked on me, decided that they were going to make it their personal goal to make my life miserable." A slight chuckle escaped her "Of course by the age of thirteen I could out run them, out bench press them and soon enough I was THEIR sergeant telling THEM what to do." Akiko sighed "As I earned up my ranks in the service, I pulled myself apart from everyone and everything. It was only upon my captain promotion that I discovered that my father was in a coma back on earth and my mother had worn herself sick worrying about him." Frowning Akiko looked away as her eyes released a few tears "Next thing I knew I was alone. In charge of almost everything I ever wanted to be...but it wasnt an accomplishment in real terms." Shrugging slightly she looked back up to the stars "Being a Captain isnt really worth a lifestyle if nobody takes the time to sit down... and talk..."

Tytun
11-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Ven listened to her story, noting that he happened to be correct on some aspects. Looking over to her and saw that she had some tears in her eyes, he gently lifted his hand and used the back side of his index finger to gently wipe them away. "I see... I doubt there has been anything in my life nearly as challenging or demoralizing as what you had to go through, Akiko. ...I'm sorry."

Ankolyste
11-30-2009, 11:30 PM
Akiko smiled at Ven "Dont be sorry. Going through what I have has made me who I am. It has made me strong enough to do what I do and do it well." Placing her hand onto his she smiled again "But thank you for...well this." Akiko looked back up at the stars, this time leaning her head onto his shoulder and keeping her hand atop of his.

Tytun
11-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Ven blushed slightly when Akiko's hand placed itself over his and stayed there. As she leaned her head onto his shoulder, his eyes looked away as his face flushed even brighter. "I see..." was all he managed to say as his mind fought against otherwise perverted thoughts.

Ankolyste
11-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Akiko continued to just look up at the stars, her smile remaining on her face. After a few moments she looked up at Ven and frowned slightly, sitting straight up and scooting a few inches away, taking her hand back into her lap "I..Im sorry. I shouldnt have done that. It was unwanted physical action. I apologize Private Ven." She nodded slightly as she hoped she had not offended him. Here she was practically putting herself all over him and she didnt even know him. What if he had a girlfriend? A wife?! Akiko may have just seriously offended him without even thinking about it.

Tytun
12-01-2009, 01:05 AM
Ven blinked for a moment when he felt a shifting off of his shoulder, and looked back over to see Akiko sitting a few inches away. Before he could ask what's wrong, she apologized. Unwanted physical action?... Looking down for a moment, Ven contemplated on what she meant by that. Maybe... she thought he had somebody on his mind already? He almost wished that was true... but there wasn't anybody waiting for him back on Earth. "It's alright, Akiko," he said calmly in a slight sad tone. "That was probably the first time I've had a physical action like that."

Ankolyste
12-01-2009, 02:22 AM
Akiko looked over at Ven, slightly curious. She wasn't sure if it was really alright for her to ask personal questions that she was curious about but she figured if he didn't want to answer them then he wouldn't? Right? "What do you mean...first time?" She asked as she looked down at his hand, staring at it for a few moments before she looked back up at him.

Tytun
12-01-2009, 02:32 AM
Ven looked at her for a moment when she asked, and then his gaze fell back to the ground. "My... mother and father died around the time I was born, and so I was put up in an orphanage. My parents... were rich and famous, and therefore their money was entrusted to me after their passing. Because of this, I was subjected to the greed of false caregivers and envious others. I... no one ever once talked to me fully because of who I am, not who I was born from. By the time I was old enough, I left that accursed orphanage and attempted my own life. Even then, however, I continued go a single day without some false pretense of love for the sake of accessing the wealth. When I joined the army, I wanted a station that would put me away from all of that, a place where I could be seen as Ven..." he turned to her with an obvious oversmile and closed eyes, "the ordinary Private."

Ankolyste
12-01-2009, 02:46 AM
Akiko nodded slightly at his story, watching his eyes as he spoke. When he looked up at her and smiled she returned the smile. "Ven, when you are in the service as long as myself. Money is just something that can weigh you down in the long run. Its just material. All of my money I earn is building back down on earth, I have no use for it here nor am I waiting for the day I return to be rich." She chuckled slightly "It would be nice, but Ive lived through mud and blood, I dont need money to live." Akiko placed her hand onto Ven's "And you can trust me Ven. I promise."

Tytun
12-01-2009, 02:52 AM
Ven reopened his eyes when she spoke to him, and listened carefully to every word she said. So, she too knows the pain of money... At least they had that in common, though he knew that his pain could never amount to hers. When she placed her hand on his, he looked down at it. Staring for a moment, he felt that same sensation from before... He smiled softly as he looked back up. "I believe you, Akiko," he said calmly.

Ankolyste
12-01-2009, 02:59 AM
Akiko smiled at him as he smiled at her, looking at his eyes, just keeping the gaze as if time had just stopped. It lasted for a few moments before Akiko realized she was staring, her cheeks turning red. "I uh..." She blinked a few times, her mind blanking as she wondered what to say. Her face grew even more red as she sat there, staring at him, her hand on his and unable to say anything. Looking down was the only thing she could really do, so she did.

Tytun
12-01-2009, 03:05 AM
Ven's face almost flushed red for practically the same reason. When Akiko looked down, however, his eyes lightened to a more dream-like stare. Leaning forward, he gently pressed his forehead against hers as he leaned in. Once there, his eyes closed as he moved more to her. It took a bit of time, but eventually his lips touched against hers gently.

Ankolyste
12-01-2009, 03:26 AM
Akiko felt the warmth of Ven's forehead on her own, looking up into his eyes as he began to lean in closer to her. Her face was beat red at this point, her heart nearly jumping from her chest as he slowly came closer. Just before their lips touched Akiko's eyes rolled shut, her face softened as she felt their kiss start. It seemed as if it was lasting forever, a nice sweet kiss under the stars. When she finally pulled away to take a breath she leaned away, smiling as she rose her hand and touched her lips. "That was...nice..." Akiko said as she twirled a curl of her hair, her cheeks burning. "as well as...my first." She continued as she looked back up at him.

Tytun
12-01-2009, 03:48 AM
The kiss he had started seem to have lasted longer than he had anticipated. This was alright, though... he enjoyed it deeply. When she pulled away and spoke, he looked at her with a gentle stare and smile. "Heh... Seems we're on the same boat, then." Once again leaning in, he wraps his arms around her body and gives her a hug as he moves his head over her shoulder.

Ankolyste
12-01-2009, 03:54 AM
Akiko blushed slightly as he wrapped his arms around her, letting her head rest onto his shoulder. "Ven..." She spoke as she pushed from the embrace "This is wrong." She shook her head "Not...this as in you. I mean..." She pushed her hair from her face "Its not smart if we do this. This may be the only day we ever spend together. Hell, one of us could go out onto the field and it could end right then and there." Akiko looked down "I couldnt bear to let my heart become so vulnerable to something like that...." Taking a deep breath she looked towards the door "Besides, if someone saw us...I would be shipped out far away from anywhere that you would be. It would...'jeopardize the mission'..." Akiko shook her head "Im sorry, I shouldnt have lead you on Ven."

Tytun
12-01-2009, 04:19 AM
Ven once again listened to every word Akiko said, feeling a bit crestfallen, but completely understanding her point. "I... suppose you're right..." he said as he looked straight ahead, his clasped hands underneath his chin. "It would be bad in both ways..."

Upon the end of his statement, the intercom came online and stated, "Captain Akiko, please head over to the hanger. A dropship from your fleet has arrived to pick you up."

Blinking for a moment, Ven gave a sigh and stood up. It... was apparently time for her to go then... Holding a hand out to her, he then said, "Looks like it's time. Here, I'll help you."

Ankolyste
12-01-2009, 05:20 AM
Akiko looked up as the intercom came on telling her that her drop ship had arrived. 'Always coming at the worst time...' she thought as she watched Ven stand up and offer his hand to her. Frowning slightly she looked down at her hands, and then grasped his, pulling herself up in front of him, using his arms to hold her up and balanced. Akiko looked up at him, her hands tightening in his. "Ven...I..." She stopped herself and looked up more at the stars, sighing again as she shook her head.

Turning she walked with Ven in silence to the hangar towards her ship where she saw the familiar faces of her troops. Getting closer they smiled to her and saluted "Captain Akiko. Its great to see you alive ma'am."

Akiko saluted back and smiled "Its great to be alive guys." She nodded to them and they nodded to her, waiting for her escort to release her. Akiko turned to Ven, looking at him "Ve-...." She sighed slightly "Private Ven... If you are ever around command ship 1082...Dont be a stranger...please." She nodded to him, standing on her toes as she gave him a peck on the cheek. Backing away she reluctantly began to let go of his hand, looking at them for another moment.

Tytun
12-01-2009, 05:40 AM
The walk down to the hangar was silent... too silent for how they were just a moment ago. By the time they had reached their destination, Ven's feelings were strongly urging him to never let her go. Sighing slightly, he stood in attention as the dropship soldiers greeted their captain. Ven looked at Akiko when she addressed him, and felt a ping of sadness when she gave him a peck on the cheek. Though he didn't want to... he slowly let his grip go, allowing her to walk into the dropship. "Of course, Captain Akiko..." he said softly as he gave another salute. The dropship began its exit, and Ven stood there in silence as he watched it leave from his sight...

As the dropship flew away from the fleetship, everything seemed to be alright. Akiko was going to go back to her fleet and return to her command and such... Suddenly, a strange pulsating rock appear from the planet's surface. Within seconds, it was obvious that its target... was the fleetship.

Ankolyste
12-10-2009, 04:53 AM
Akiko had sat down and clenched her chair in agony as her medic unwrapped her knee, sticking a needle in it and pushing in insulin into her bruised and deformed knee. She let out a scream as she pushed her head back, closing her eyes she could only see Ven's face. This made her heart skip a beat, but her pain melt away. Looking up at the ceiling she sighed, shaking her head.

"Captain, we have a problem." the pilot noted as he glanced back at her.

"What is it?" She asked as she watched the medic re-wrap her knee, tighter this time.

"The fleet ship we just picked you up from seems to be...being invaded by enemy flood."

Akiko sat up straight "What?!" She yelled as she jumped up and looked at the screen, seeing flood atop of the ship, and where they were getting in at.

"Its alright ma'am. They cant get to us." He nodded

"Its not us Im worried about..." She said as she clenched her fists, hesitating for a moment before turning around and hobbling towards her locker, opening it and slipping into her extra suit which was black as well. "Turn this ship around."

"Ma'am?!"

"You heard me! Turn it around. Thats an order!" She yelled as she laced herself up, her knee nice and sturdy now that it was pressurized, wrapped and held in her leather suit. "This is going to be a rescue mission. Understand? take out any flood you see. Save anyone you can and get them back onto this ship. We will cram past maximum occupancy if needed. We are taking those soldiers off of that ship!" She yelled as she grabbed a shot gun, loading it and grabbing an abundance of rounds. "Take your close range weapons. These beasts are nasty but they cant stand to a blow in the face from a shotgun." Akiko looked at the screen and nodded again before pulling her hair back into a pony tail as the soldiers looked at her unsure. "You heard me. Suit up. Gear up. Clear as much space as possible, including in cabins and storage spaces. We are going to cram this thing until it cant hold anymore."

As the ship began to turn around Akiko held onto the side of the ship "Im coming back for you...Ven..." She whispered as she waited, holding her shot gun tightly.

Tytun
12-10-2009, 05:15 AM
Ven had just barely left the hangar when the whole ship suddenly shook. As he fell to his knees, the siren began to blare, alerting all personnel of some collision. Picking back up as steadily as possible, he started his sprint down the hallways. Of course, at that point, it didn't take him long to figure out what had happened. Especially since he just saw a bloated soldier attacking another.
"Aw, SHIT!!!" he said as he scrambled down another corridor.
As he did this, the sound of little ticks behind him echoed. He knew he was caught... Running as fast as he could, he managed to get into a room and quickly locked the door behind him. Hearing the little buggers scuttle past him, he gave a sigh of relief and then looked around the room. A soldier's room, it seemed. Checking around, he managed to find an auto-magnum with a supply of ammo.
"At least I can fight against them, now..." he replied to himself as he armed himself. With another sigh, he opened the door and moved on...

Ankolyste
12-11-2009, 02:47 AM
Getting to the landing her crew stood at the door, suited up and ready to shoot any bloated thing that moved. "Be careful everyone. I dont want your bodies in the Death count. Understand?!" She shouted as she watched the doors open, hobbling forward, her knee unable to bend. Swiveling side to side she watched down the empty corridor and heard an array of bullets open fire down on the right. Hobbling quickly towards the sounds she took her stand beside the soldiers and shot her way through the infected.

Looking at the soldiers, injured and non she rose her voice over the noise "Get the wounded to my ship and stand guard at the door and let anyone who isnt infected in. Pack them in and we will get them all off this damn ship. Understand?"

The soldiers nodded, even though she wasnt their Captain they were now under her command since she was leading them in the right direction. "Move!" One shouted as he picked up and injured soldier with a broken leg and ran back towards the ship. As Akiko watched them she blinked, it was as if she were watching herself being carried away by Ven. Sighing slightly she turned back and continued on, telling soldiers the same thing as she came across them, leaning against the wall as she reloaded her shotgun.

Tytun
12-11-2009, 03:00 AM
Moving down the hallways, Ven took down whatever he could while avoiding the bigger Flood creatures. As he moved on, he incidentally stumbled upon the captain's chamber. Wondering if the captain was alright, he burst through the door, only to encounter a shocking sight. The captain was there, but not really at the same time... Holding his pistol, Ven took a shot at the creature, but the shot was easily avoided by the misfigured creation. As he fired a few more rounds, the creature jumped into the air, pinning Ven to the ground and making him lose the magnum.
"Ah, shit!" Ven said as he tried to fight the creature off with force. At the moment, however, it seemed like a standstill in strength.

Ankolyste
12-11-2009, 03:28 AM
Akiko was able to salvage many soldiers, hoping that they would jam pack into her ship so they would all be able to fit and escape together. "Hopefully they dont leave without me." She chuckled as she turned a corner and blasted the face off of a large flood creature. She heard some yells from down that corridor. Looking behind her she held her gun close to her as she hobbled down the corridor, hugging the wall with her back. She watched carefully as the corridor got dark, coming into a room. Akiko saw the monster atop of Ven and gritted her teeth. Holding onto the wall she used her good leg to sweep the changed captain in the face, knocking it off of Ven. "Dont move!" She shouted as she stepped over Ven, poiting the shotgun into its face and blowing it apart.

Sighing slightly she reloaded her gun once more and looked down at Ven, smiling. "Well Private. I guess our rendezvous is sooner rather than later." She hobbled backwards slightly, looking behind her at the corridor. "We have to sweep the rest of the ship, grab the remaining survivors and get back to my ship."

Tytun
12-11-2009, 03:51 AM
Ven sat there, out of breath from fear and surprise... Akiko had come back to save them... Looking up, he finally gave a smirk as he rolled over and grabbed the magnum back into his possession. "I suppose so, Captain," he replied calmly. He then heard her command and nodded genuinely. "Alright, then. Lead the way, Captain."

Ankolyste
12-11-2009, 04:44 AM
Akiko smiled at him, looking down the corridor before turning around, wrapping her arms around his neck and placing her lips onto his. The kiss was a hesitated long kiss, Akiko slightly shaking. Lowering back onto her flat feet she looked up at him "Im glad you are okay Ven." Nodding again she hobbled down the dark corridor and back into the main hall. Looking back and forth she continued the way she was before, watching soldiers pass them towards her ship. They saluted her and she nodded proudly to them, stopping a few of them. "Have you swept this area?"

"Yes Ma'am. The ship is definitely cleared of all soldiers. Atleast those who made it." one nodded.

There were alot of them, and she knew they would all be okay. Letting off a shot she exploded a few small pods, turning and going with the other soldiers, watching as there was a great line that was going into her ship. Hearing a shriek from behind her she turned slightly "We have to destroy this ship. If we dont they will just come after us again." She said as she looked to Ven, frowning slightly. Hobbling towards her ship she found a few of her privates and grabbed them "Pack everyone in even if it is uncomfortable. Make those who are able to stand as close to each other as they possibly can. Private Ven and I are going to take this ship out by a timed bomb. If we dont come back in seven minutes..." She paused, looking at the soldiers piling in. "Leave and dont look back. Understand?"

"But.."

"No. This is an order. Seven minutes, starting right after everyone is on the ship. Private John, get me all of the grenades we have on that ship. Its going to take a big explosion to take this ship out cleanly." Akiko said, watching the private go into the ship and come back moments later with a crate of fragmentation grenades. He handed them to Ven, saluting him. "Keep your guard up on the outside of this door, keep the door open so we can rush in when needed. Its going to be a risky shot...but its something that has to be done." Taking a deep breath she nodded, herself shaking from everything that was happening so fast.

Tytun
12-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Kent was ready to move when Akiko did, but he was caught off-guard. Not from an attacking Flood, but the warm embrace of Akiko and her long kiss. Looking at her stunned while she spoke, he couldn't even say anything before she moved on. Shaking his head to regain sense, he followed her closely behind and encountered some of her soldiers. Everything seemed to be running smoothly in the rescue operation... Hopefully it would remain so.

Returning back to the hangar, Akiko began ordering her troops on a destruction mission. The troops for the job... the captain and the private. Seven minutes, eh?... Not a lot of time, but it could be done. When the soldier came out and handed him the crate of grenades, Ven saluted back and then hoisted them up in his grip.

"Alright, Captain," Ven said calmly. "If we're going to do this, we'd better do it now."

Ankolyste
12-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Akiko nodded and looked back at her crew, saluting them and then turning around and looking to Ven. "Lead the way." She said as she cocked her shot gun, since Ven was carrying the crate of explosives he wouldnt be able to defend himself. That was now her job to do. As she followed Ven she rounded the corners first, to blast the Flood away from the two of them. "How much farther Ven?" She asked as she took out a few more Flood. "Ammo isnt quite as unlimited as I wish."

Tytun
12-20-2009, 04:15 AM
Ven nodded when Akiko asked him to lead the way. As they rounded the corner, Akiko had taken down the Flood in front of them. "Down this stretch," he said to her pointing down a hallway. "The door at the end is where we can plant these." Indeed, the room beyond that door was the best place to plant bombs, since destroying that room basically would ignite the other rooms before the whole exploded.

Ankolyste
12-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Akiko nodded and looked around, making sure no Flood could jump them. When Ven set the crate of grenades down she dug around in the box, pulling out a timer and taking out two grenades. "This thing isnt meant for fragmentation grenades." She chuckled slightly as she pulled the fuses out to use from the timer, stripping them slightly as she looked up at Ven "But Ive been Jerry Rigging these things since I was a private myself." Akiko grabbed one of the grenades she had pulled out and carefully held the pin and the fuse close together. "If you hear a click, we need to run like hell." She said as she looked back at her hands, they were trembling slightly. Taking a deep breath she slowly pulled the pin out one way while she pushed the fuse in, directly following the pin. Then in a quick movement she pushed the fuse in and the pin fell to the floor. There was silence, no click.

Breathing again Akiko did the same thing for the next one, no click. Placing the timer in the box of grenades she set the timer for 3 minutes and 15 seconds. As it started to count down she looked at Ven, smirking. "We should go." Chuckling slightly she used the wall to hoist herself back to her feet, reloading her shotgun and cocking it. "Lets hope 12 shots total is enough." Akiko then hobbled down the hallway, checking at the end to make sure there was no Flood. Moving down the main hallway there was a blood curdling shriek from behind them. Glancing back she saw the shadows coming around the corner. "We have company..."

Tytun
12-22-2009, 07:41 AM
As they entered the designated room, Ven set the box of grenades down. Immediately, Akiko had begun taking two with a timer and began to arm them. At the moment, the best Ven could do to help was simply watch and learn on what she did. When she was done and the timer was set, the captain had stated that it was time to go with a smirk. Following her out with his magnum drawn, Ven remained quiet until the shriek could be heard.
"I doubt we have time to fight them off," he said quickly as the shadows grew closer in view.
This required a speedy retreat, and the captain, even with her best effort, would probably not make it in time. With a quick movement, he reached down and lifted Akiko into his grip and began moving. Running down the hallways, Flood jumped in from different locations, most of the time just enough distance to outrun them. For the ones that were directly in the way, Ven managed to aim just well enough with the magnum to drop them dead or send them rolling to the side. At the last stretch of path before the hangar, a particularly large Flood mutant stumbled in front of them. At first, Ven kept running with the magnum ready to fire. As soon as he realized he was out of ammo by the clicking sound, he began an abrupt start.
"Shit..." he replied.

Ankolyste
12-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Akiko didnt expect to be lifted, so when Ven lifted her into his arms she let out a slight scream, knowing what he was doing from that moment. Holding tightly onto him as he ran she ducked herself into his chest as Flood came out of every nook and cranny there could have possibly been. She then looked at the large Flood mutant which stood in their way, many more coming from behind. Akiko bit her lip and pushed herself from Ven's arms and moving to the right, the beast following her movements. "Get into the ship, NOW!" She screamed at Ven as she rose her shot gun, taking a few shots at its torso so it would become quite angry at her and focus all of his attacks on her. "Go!" She yelled again she she hobbled backwards, aiming her gun at its face; just waiting for it to get closer to her.

If Ven listened to her like she hoped he would she had just the right plan. It would be risky but it would prevent her ship from being swarmed by flood if they tried to leave before hand. If Ven got onto the ship and held them there for a few more moments, Akiko could take out the large Flood mutant, throw her last grenade at the group coming at them fast, and have enough time to get into Ven's arms just as they closed the doors and escaped. But, that would only be if Ven listened to her.

Tytun
12-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Ven stared straight at the beast, unsure of what to do. Suddenly, Akiko thrust herself out of his hands and moved to a side passage. Hearing her words, he hesitated... He didn't want to let the girl he loved run off to a potential death, but this was a command by a high-ranking official... Clinching his fists tightly for a moment, he then gave a rough nod as he ran past the creature while she shot at it.
Running into the hangar, Ven quickly made his way into the dropship. One of Akiko's soldiers turned to him and asked, "Private Ven, where's the captain." Looking at the man, Ven replied, "She's coming, just wait..." The soldier nodded to his reply and Ven grabbed some more magnum ammo. Upon reloading, he could see some Flood appear on the scene. Getting onto a knee, he fired at what came at the ship, sending them to the ground or simply causing them to explode. It didn't take long before he heard several soldier's assault rifles blaring at the Flood, holding them off for the captain's return.

Ankolyste
12-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Akiko waited for the beast to make a move, precious time dwindling down to the very last seconds of the timer she had set. She finally gritted her teeth and pushed forward, dodging the beast as it swung at her and then placing the shotgun into its eye, pulling the trigger without hesitation at all. Looking to her left she witnessed the many flood coming her way. "Shit..." She said as she unequipped a fire grenade from her belt, pushing the button and throwing it at the flood with direct aim. It hit one in the chest and exploded it into flames which the other ones caught instantly. Akiko winced as she then climbed over the Flood beast and made her way into the hangar and saw Ven and the other soldiers shooting at oncoming Flood. "Start the shit! Now!" She yelled, her soldiers nodding and taking themselves into the ship to tell the pilot to start the ship.

Akiko moved as quick as she could, getting to the drop ship and slamming her fist onto the red flashing button which began to raise the ramp to close the doors. Climbing onto the ramp Akiko slid between the closing doors just before they air locked themselves shut. "Launch!" She yelled and everyone on board could feel the engine's thrusters pushing them away from the ship. She just about fell into Ven's arms, holding onto him tightly as she hid her face in his chest. "Prepare for tremor!" She announced as the ship behind them began to explode, sending a sonic wave towards them, causing the drop ship to tremble slightly.

"Ship is steady Captain. On course to Fleet 1409's Station. About 3 hours of travel maximum." The pilot said back to Akiko.

"We have too many people on board for it to take that long. Maintain a higher speed and control her as she uses the open space to her advantage. Understand?"

"Yes Ma'am."

The ship propelled itself into space, a slight pull from the increase in speed was felt but wasnt too destructive. Akiko took a deep breath and wrapped her arms around Ven, closing her eyes and relaxing into him. "Thank you Ven, for assisting me."

Tytun
12-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Ven noticed as Akiko came around the corner, holding his fire as she moved forward. When the ship launched forward, Ven nearly fell back though he kept his footing. Immediately after, Akiko was thrown into him, embracing herself against his chest. Holding him to keep her steady, he remained silent as she gave out the remaining orders.
As the ship moved steadily towards the fleetship, Akiko had thanked him for his assistance. With a soft smirk, he replied, "It was my pleasure, Captain Akiko."

Ankolyste
12-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Akiko held onto Ven until her nerves settled and her breathing returned to normal along with her pulse. It had been quite the nerve wracking day on her part. Holding onto Ven's arms she sat upon a few crates of rifles, pulling Ven towards her as she continued to hld onto him. She didnt want to let go, and she didnt know why. "A few more hours of this..." She mumbled to herself as she closed her eyes.

Tytun
12-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Ven felt Akiko's grip on him tighten slightly and he looked down at her for a moment. At that point, she sat down and pulled him down as well. As he sat, she once again held onto him seeming calm and content. Once she had spoken, however, Ven knew what she was meant. With a soft smirk, he held onto her and gently pressed her against him.

Ankolyste
12-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Akiko stayed silent for a few moments and then looked up at Ven, a slight smile on her lips. "Private Ven, how would you like to join fleet 1409?" She asked, noting the slight confusion in his eyes as she first asked the question. Sitting up she looked at him still "I lost most of my troops on my previous mission, including my higher ranks... I could use a faithful man like you as my right hand man. How does, Major Ven sound?" Her voice was hushed, making sure the other soldiers didnt over hear her offer to Ven. Of course, they had no Captain either, and they could all possibly be a part of her new Fleet.

Tytun
12-22-2009, 11:51 PM
Ven saw her smile and was about to return it when she offered for him to join her fleet. She seemed to have seen his confusion as she began to explain her reasoning behind it. And then... she made the comment 'Major Ven'. His heart leaped in his chest as he considered the offer. Closing his eyes, he thought over every possible point before he gave a sigh and then looked at her with a soft smile.
"I would be honored to join your fleet, Captain Akiko," he said calmly to her. Moving up to her ear, he then whispered, "As for your offer of Major, I must politely decline. I truly do not believe I'm capable of the rank yet... I still have much to learn."

Ankolyste
12-23-2009, 12:06 AM
Akiko nodded to him, respecting the decline of her rank offer for him. Smiling she saluted to him "Alright then Private Ven...Welcome to my fleet. Your first assignment is to make sure these soldiers get off this ship safely." She smiled and then leaned into him, placing her head onto his shoulder.

Tytun
12-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Ven mentally thanked Akiko for understanding his decline of the rank. When she gave him his first assignment, he gave a salute back as he said, "Yes ma'am, captain!" Feeling her leaning in, he smirked calmly and then wrapped an arm around her, keeping her close.

Ankolyste
12-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Akiko continued to lean into Ven, closing her eyes and letting the rock of the Drop ship lull her into a light doze. While she slept her body completely relaxed, her knee slowly moving itself back into place. As she slept calmly for an hour and a half she was awakened by her Pilot calling for her. She sat up, dazed slightly as she looked around.

"Captain?" the Pilot spoke again as he patted her on the shoulder "We made it Ma'am. And thanks to you, a couple hundred soldiers are alive." He said as he then saluted her, smiling.

Akiko saluted back and smiled, using the wall to get up from the crates and to look out the door into her Fleet's station now occupied with about 150 people or more. "It feels great John, saving these people."

"Ma'am?" The pilot asked, confused as to why she had used his formal name.

"Pilot John, take a nice long rest. You deserve it." Akiko smiled as she patted him on the back. Looking to Ven she smiled, "Shall I show you around?" She asked as she offered a hand to him.

Tytun
12-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Ven allowed Akiko to sleep on his side as the ship headed off to its destination. He actually remained awake through the entire flight, watching her as she slept throughout the trip. When the ship had landed on the fleetship, Ven remained where he sat, but attempted to do the task given to him by the captain. When everyone except the pilot was off, he waited until the captain was awakened.
The short conversation that occurred made Ven smile to himself as he listened. After it was over, Ven nodded to Akiko with a smile and accepted her hand. Standing up with ease, he straightened his uniform out and then followed her on.

Ankolyste
12-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Akiko took Ven's hand and laced her fingers with his. She honestly couldnt care less who saw. He was a part of her fleet now and under her jurisdiction. Nobody could tell him otherwise. As they walked through the halls people thanked her millions of times over for getting them out of the other ship. She smiled and gave them a kind 'your welcome' nod.

Bringing Ven around into a more quiet wing she lead him down a hall of many many doors, the hallway dark and lit by dim lights on the floor. "This is the quarter's wing. Many of them are now, unoccupied." She said as she shook her head slightly. Turning the corner to the right she lead him to a shortened hallway that only had two doors in it, one across from the other. "This is my room, its not much different than the others except that I have my own facilities." Turning she pointed at the door across from hers "This can be your room, if you would like of course..." Akiko unlocked the door with her hand scanned on the pad next to the door. Pushing it open she flipped the switch on to reveal a small one bed room with a desk in the corner and a stand alone closet in the other corner. "Its a single, and so its not spacious like the shared quarters would be...But...its comfortable." She sat as she walked in and sat on the desk, waiting for his response.

Tytun
12-23-2009, 01:31 AM
Ven felt Akiko taking his hand and he simply smiled as she led him down the hallways. He listened intently as she showed him the different rooms. As she opened the room next to hers, he followed her in and took a look around. Seeing how the room looked, he looked over to Akiko and smiled. "It's nice," he said with a smile.

Ankolyste
12-23-2009, 01:51 AM
"If you choose to take this room, you will be close by for any emergency...or any other kind of...request..." Akiko's cheeks grew red but she cleared her throat and acted as if what she had said wasnt anything pertaining to their attraction. "The showers are down the hall and to the left on your right hand side. The glass door should tell you which gender. Towels are provided but arent a constant stock so it would be smart to bring your own back and forth." She nodded slightly as she continued "Breakfast lunches and dinners are served at three times a day, 8 AM. 130 PM. and 6 PM. Food is availiable between times but service isnt guaranteed..." Looking to Ven she stopped short, losing her thought process "Uhm...any...Any questions?"

Tytun
12-23-2009, 01:56 AM
Ven listened intently as Akiko explained the shower and food rules, smirking at her comment on other requests. Looking around as she continued, he nodded to himself and then turned to face her when she stuttered. "Hmm... I do not believe I have a question, you've explained it well to me. And this room is pretty good, so I'll take it." With a soft smile, he moved up by her side and gave her a soft hug.

Ankolyste
12-23-2009, 02:12 AM
Akiko wrapped her arms gently around him, her cheeks continuing to grow redder. "Im happy you chose this room Ven... and I am extremely happy you chose to become a Private of Fleet 1409..." Akiko rested her head on his chest, taking a deep breath "Thank you...Private Ven." Looking up at him then she stared up at his face, her cheeks red as roses as she smiled at him.

Tytun
12-23-2009, 02:16 AM
Ven smiled as she thanked him for the room pick and the enlistment as she hugged him. When she looked up to his face, he saw how bright blushed she was, causing him to blush as well. "It's the least I can do for your help, Captain Akiko," he replied softly as he leaned in with a kiss.

Ankolyste
12-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Akiko's blush only further reddened as he leaned down and kissed her. She let her eyes roll shut and moved her arms up and over his neck, pulling him in closer. Sure, she wasnt quite sure of what she was doing but it made her heart warm so it couldnt be wrong. Right? Akiko let her worries fall from her shoulders as if they were steel weights she carried around everywhere at all times.

Tytun
12-23-2009, 02:29 AM
Ven felt Akiko's arms wrap around his neck and how she was pulling him in closer. Now practically fully against her, he kissed her with more passionate, letting his arms caress her back gently.

Ankolyste
12-23-2009, 02:34 AM
Akiko's back arched as Ven touched it, her balance almost failing as she moved. Akiko ran her hand into Ven's hair, her fingers entangling themselves in it. Pulling away from the kiss momentarily to breath she pushed her face into his neck, taking in his natural aroma. Taking a deep breath she let it out slowly as she felt his pulse against her lips as she kissed his neck gently.

Tytun
12-23-2009, 02:40 AM
Ven closed his eyes softly as she ran her fingers through his hair. When she broke out of the kiss and kissed his neck, he shivered slightly as he held her close, kissing her cheek a few times.

Ankolyste
12-23-2009, 02:57 AM
Akiko continued to kiss his neck, his smooth skin absolutely wonderful against her lips. She kissed around to his Adam's apple, looking up at him after. She ran her hands to his shoulders and down his chest, resting them at his hips. Her eyes caught with his, Akiko's heart jumped as she took a breath. She wasnt sure what he wanted from the situation, nor was she sure what she wanted from it either.

Tytun
12-23-2009, 03:02 AM
Ven closed his eyes as Akiko continued kissing his neck with her sweet, soft lips... It was so enticing. Feeling her hands run down his body to his hips only intensified the feeling as he looked straight into her eyes with a love-caught stare. Now, staring into her lovely eyes, he was at a stalemate. He had never felt anything like this before, and didn't know if he had to continue on or fall back to keep the relationship well. It was all so confusing, and he was clueless on the correct procedure. Letting his mind wander back to her, he let his hands grip her gently and then lifted her into his arms. With her against him now, he gave her lips a prolonged kiss.

Ankolyste
12-23-2009, 03:11 AM
Akiko didnt expect him to lift her, something he caught her off guard with often. When he did she gasped slightly, his kiss sealing her worries and melting them away. Placing her arms on his shoulders Akiko placed her hands at the back of his head, entangling his hair once more. Akiko was sure that he was alright with her, and her of him. She was also sure that he somewhat knew what he was doing. She could be wrong, very wrong; But Akiko just felt right while in his arms.

Tytun
12-23-2009, 03:14 AM
Ven continued to kiss and hold her for a good two minutes, though to him it felt like a lifetime. As he was about to continue even more, he thought he heard something nearby. Releasing his kiss, he focused at the door until he realized what it was. Someone was knocking on a door nearby, probably the captains. Though a little saddened he had to stop, he gently brought her down to her feet. "I... think someone wants to talk to you," he said with a soft smirk.

Ankolyste
12-23-2009, 03:17 AM
Akiko looked up at Ven, to the door and then back to him. She put her head against his chest and shook her head. "Im sorry..." She mumbled to him, pushing herself away and going to his door, opening it to see a figure standing before her knocking at her room door. "Yes, What is it?" She asked as she walked into the hallway and waited for a response.

Tytun
12-23-2009, 03:39 AM
The soldier who was knocking on the captain's door turned abruptly when he heard her voice behind him. Seeing where she was, he gave a salute as he said, "Ma'am! Command has contacted asking for your debrief on the latest mission!" When he finished and she excused him, he ended his salute and walked off.

Ven, who was out of eye sight during the talk, sighed as he leaned his head on Akiko's shoulder from behind. "Looks like you'd better go," he said gently.

Ankolyste
12-23-2009, 03:49 AM
Akiko sighed, frustrated. Nodding she turned and hugged Ven one last time, taking a deep breath before walking from his room and down the halls all the way to the briefing room. She wasnt too excited about yelling at command about the pure suicide her troops were sent on. Going into the room Akiko saluted the man on the screen and when he nodded she replaced her hand at her side. "Permission to speak sir." She said as she waited for his nod.

"Sir our last mission was a success but at a terrible price. Fleet 1409 has lost all but 7 troops due to a Flood swarm that took over the tower. When I got the mission description it said the tower was swept with scanners and no Flood life was among the structure. But I discovered an entire active Nest! My men were killed and infected and I had to send out an SoS from the main tower."

"But you did recover the information right Captain?" He asked her, his voice lazy.

"Yes sir. But there has to be someone responsible for the destruction of my crew."

"There is nobody responsible but your troops themselves. If they were properly trained they would have survived. Just like you."

"But sir!"

"Silence Captain! Your troops are dead and there is nothing I can do. Understand?!" He yelled, Akiko's head turning towards the ground as she clenched her fists. "Now, I expect that you are able to pilot a ship. See to it that the chip is in our care as soon as possible."

"Yes sir.."

"And Captain... If anything happens to that Chip... consider yourself...unhonorably discharged."

The screen cut blank before Akiko could even react to what she had just heard. Her entire career, her entire future now rested upon the information she held in a small chip connected to her suit. Placing her hand upon it Akiko sighed, being a Captain wasnt all Daises and Tulips.

Tytun
12-24-2009, 01:47 AM
While Akiko was having her chat with the commander, Ven sat on his bed thinking to himself. Several questions of interest popped into his head, though he couldn't give them an answer. Though he tried to think, he found himself slowly dropped into a sub-conscious state. Looks like the eventful day had worn him out. Lying down onto the bed, he closed his eyes and drifted off into sleep.