PDA

View Full Version : A universal character sheet?

Enigma
03-26-2011, 12:44 AM
It's not just about creating this world - we get to play in it too!

What I'd like us to do is to agree on a basic character sheet that we can use for our games here, so characters can cross paths as it were. If a game ends, the characters could move on if they wish.

So what do we want in a character sheet?

The Magnan
03-26-2011, 09:07 AM
We could have the main character sheet and a Npc sheet for soldiers or civilians. No doubt they'll be a lot of main characters for each person too...

Enigma
03-26-2011, 05:15 PM
yup! How does this look?

Players or Significant NPCs

Character's name: (We can't just say, "Hey, you!" all the time)
Player's name: (If you don't know this, I can't help you)
Description: (Hair, eyes, skin, build, height, weight, sex, clothes?)
Title: (position, job description)
Bio: (your personal history)
Personality: (So what are you like? Bossy? Perfectionist? hypercondriac? Have some flaws people!)
Weapons: (sword, dagger, crossbow - remember, you have to carry all of this)
Armor: (Did you wear leather? Chain? Carry a shield so you can work in the shade?)
Skills: (What do you know how to do? Read/write? draw? hunt? - keep this simple!)
Gear: (what else are you carrying? Lockpicks? Did you remember to put lockpicking on your list as a skill?)
Other: (curses, wanted posters (better be in your bio!), bad habits)
History: (If this character has been used in other games, please give a one paragraph description of what they did in that game, e.g. "Stole the giant rubies from the Snake God's Eyes in the temple of Hiss in Longren, killing the giant anaconda guardian".)

Minor NPCs

Name: (Something more that "Guard #3", like "Lord Avyl Erikson")
Position: (Minor Court Noble's Son, etc.)
Description: (quick sketch)
Weapon: (knife, dagger, club, sword - keep it simple)
Gear: (only what they're carrying)
Other: (anything else we should know about this one)

There's no need to document every last servant. The head butler, ok. Guard #3, no.

The Magnan
03-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Thats sounds about right, I'll mainly be playing the 7th Black Dragon Legion , for rps outside of Sycane. Can we put character sheets here and then have them accepted also I've just realised how challenging it will be controlling ten maybe more legionnaires... fun.

Edit: In my Sycane thread I've given some names of characters.

Enigma
03-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Thats sounds about right, I'll mainly be playing the 7th Black Dragon Legion , for rps outside of Sycane. Can we put character sheets here and then have them accepted also I've just realised how challenging it will be controlling ten maybe more legionnaires... fun.

Edit: In my Sycane thread I've given some names of characters.

OOC is for recruitment. Once your character is accepted for a game, you can post it to the Legendary Companion thread.

Important NPCs for your nation can also be posted in Legendary Companion as a single thread. So if I put up a dozen tribe leaders for the Great Northern Plains, I'd make a single thread in Legendary Companion called "Great Northern Plains Leaders" and post them there.

But my player character of Riki, she gets her own thread.

Edit: NPC Family members, personal servants or guards that are traveling with your character should be added to the Player Character's thread.

The Magnan
03-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Ok so I can put my main characters in a thread to be accepted but create a separate thread for Npc. I think i understand.

Enigma
03-26-2011, 05:45 PM
If you are traveling with a personal guard or servants, for example, those NPCs are added to your character's thread.

e.g.
PC - Lord Petrov Erikson
NPC - Androv, personal manservant (minor character)
NPC - Sylmur, personal bodyguard (minor character)