PDA

View Full Version : Gore Star Expansion

Higurashi
03-26-2011, 08:18 PM
On the eastern fringe of the Milky Way...

Here lies the Gore Stars, one of the most violent and crime ridden conglomeration of planets in the Galaxy. Here, the one with the most cunning, or money, reigns supreme over all others. Those occupying the rungs of society are always jockeying for position, and murder is a commonly accepted political tool. Of the masses occupying this conglomerate, there are those who rule from the shadows. They make all the important decisions. Of course, things such as the annual budget and general public diplomacy are left to the ‘[I]elected[I]’ officials.

Lately, the Gore Stars population is almost bursting the seams of the façade maintained for the public. There are simply too many criminals and not enough money to be made. So, it has been decided that the Gore Stars will begin to expand west into the Galaxy. Many rich worlds and star systems wait to be plundered. It remains to be seen how the other nations occupying the Galaxy will react to this sudden aggressive stance.

The first target is the system of Sentive-6, a medium sized star with four planets. Of these planets, two are uninhabitable. The first is the closest to the sun, named Plava, it lies in the dangerous gravitational pull of the young sun, and little atmosphere is detectable. The other is the planet furthest from the star. Its name is Porce, and is so far out from the star that it is a frozen wasteland. One redeeming feature is that it is rich in valuable minerals and ores. A thick ring of asteroids and other debris hems the two habitable planets in from the outside galaxy.

The two habitable planets are named Casch and Leyve. Both rest within a comfortable distance from the star, with Leyve being the closer of the two. Casch, being the more ecologically stable of the two, hosts a variety of animal and plant life. It is divided up into three large continents, with many island chains between each. There are no deserts on this world, though large mountain chains encircle the continents. Leyve on the other hand, while habitable, is a desert world, with no oceans. Mild temperatures prevail, but there is low humidity throughout the world. Twice per year, massive rains come from the upper atmosphere and blanket the world in water. The most habitable regions are the valleys in-between a large chain of mountains that rim the equator, in which water pools and plant life grows protected from the sun. Because of the twice only annual rainfall, plants are hardy and often spiked. Few animals inhabit this world, though lizards seem to be commonplace, especially in the more desert like valleys.

Occupying this star system is only on sentient race, living on the planet of Leyve. They are a hardened and scaly type of quad pedal lizard, with four pincer arms. Mostly living in the semi-desert valleys, they have only progressed to medieval standards of life.

ArchonDuPlex
08-06-2011, 04:45 PM
I can think of a few of my race that would thrive here.