PDA

View Full Version : Dream Vs Battle - The Nightmare Begins

TenSARS
11-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Introduction
So hey, this is TenSARS here, and I've decided to try one of my old RPs again. Why, you ask? Because I liked the idea, and I had a really bad itch from wanting to do something like this recently.

The Dream Battle System
A system allowing the realization of characters from works of commercial fiction in any media and well known fan made media into the real world under the command of normal otherwise mundane human masters. The winner of the contest under the Dream Battle System is granted any one wish within the Dream Battle System’s power.

The battle is starting in London. There are no rounds, nothing is too underhanded for this contest. It's a bloody free for all, where anything goes. The only rule is be the last Master standing to win.

Masters are given an invitation, and a card with £100,000 for use in London.

Setting
Modern London basically. Remember, they drive on the left side of the road, and zombie chavs come out in the more run down areas at night.

Your Role
You will play the role of a master in the Dream Battle System, and the RP will start with you before you've summoned anything. Preferably, your first post will detail your summon.

Rules of the Dream Battle RP
1) Obey the rules of the site.
2) Don't be an idiot. If a problem arises, settle it civilly. I don't care how valid your argument is, if you throw insults, your continued place in this RP is not guaranteed.
3) No Godmoding. See the Anti-Munch Project for more info.
4) Read the rules
5) The only character you are allowed to make up from scratch is the human master, who has no supernatural powers. No exceptions. All the summons must be from some sort of media.
6) If any character you control is from an obscure series, you are soley responsible for providing information about their history, abilities, weaknesses etc.
7) Did I mention no godmoding?
8) There will be a difference between two character's power levels; accept it, because Roleplays are not fighting games.
9) Follow the rules of the Dream Battle System as well please?
10) Have fun
11) PM profiles to me.
12) The identities of your summoned characters can be kept secret if you so wish; just say so in the PM.
13) You may play up to 2 masters.

A little note on power levels
Each character that you summon will be ranked depending on how powerful he/she is. This is directly related to how strenuous it is to keep the character out as either a summon or a splice. The ranks are

-E Rank: it is possible to keep the character materialized infinitely. Their capacity is usually no more than that of a human. There is almost no point in trying to summon a character like this. Almost. Examples: Any normal human in any media.
-D Rank: It is possible to keep the character spliced infinitely. Their capacity is usually around human level, but may have a situational or supportive supernatural ability, or otherwise be trained to human limits. Materializing is similar to walking on a treadmill: you can do it seemingly forever, but you will have to stop at some time. Examples: Most conventional soldier characters
-C Rank: Materializing the character begins to take some effort, like going for a run: something you don’t want to do for too long, but you can probably train up to increase your endurance. Splicing is more like going for a walk in this case. Characters at C rank surpass human limits, have some sort of asset that is not attainable in the current time, or perhaps have an ability which is powerful but has a major limitation of some sort. Examples: Tohno Shiki (Tsukihime), most characters with Gundams.
-B Rank: Materialization starts to cause strain similar to vigorous exercise: the sort of stuff that one would only be able to keep up for about ten minutes before it gets too uncomfortable. B Rank characters are clearly super human, and are capable of massive influence. Examples: Lina Inverse (Slayers), Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive) Most Vampires
-A Rank: Materialization becomes extremely tiring. It would be comparable to the strain that the Special Forces experience in training, but condensed into a time period of about three minutes. A Rank characters are considered impossible or near impossible to defeat with the strongest conventional weapons. Examples: Saber (Fate/Stay Night), Dante Sparda (Devil May Cry).
-S Rank: It is almost impossible to Materialize for over one minute. Their abilities are extremely powerful in every respect. Examples: Kurosaki Ichigo (Bleach)
-SS Rank: Materialization can only be sustained for a matter of seconds. For an SS Rank character to be worth the energy, they need to have an ability that they can just be summoned for, then disappear quickly after using their trump card. Examples: Son Goku (Dragonball Z)
-EX Rank: These characters will cause instant death if a Human tries to summon them. Conversely, if you can get one to help you for free, you’re guaranteed victory. Examples: ORT (Type-Moon Universe)

Rules of the Dream Battle System
Due to the Dream Battle System's arcane workings further new rules may be discovered. These current rules are merely what is know, and may not even be absolutely correct.

Profile sheets
Here's the sheet to use. Please PM profiles to me with the subject title being the text of fourth rule of the thread. Also include somewhere in your PM the bold text in the eighth rule of the thread.

Master
Username:
Name:
Sex:
Appearance:
Favourite Series:
Summon 1

Name:
Sex:
Chosen Media: ((Anime, Manga or Games. Choose one. This choice affects jokers, and how a character behaves during Standby, Splice, or Materialize.))
Series and List of Appearances:
Splicing Abilities: ((Weakened version of 2 full summon abilities for Anime/Manga characters, 3 for Game characters))
Materialized Abilities: ((List all abilities here))
Overclock Ability: ((Anime Characters Only))
Power Ranking: ((Corresponds to the character’s overall power. The ranks are E, D, C, B, A, S, SS, and EX. I’ll assign the rankings myself.))

Summon 2
Name:
Sex:
Chosen Media:
Series and List of Appearances:
Splicing Abilities:
Materialized Abilities:
Overclock Ability: ((Anime Characters Only))
Power Ranking

Accepted Profiles

Mysteria
12-03-2009, 01:04 AM
Don't forget you that you can put your game in The Roleplay Directory (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51) if you haven't already.