PDA

View Full Version : Technology in Legendary

Enigma
03-28-2011, 06:23 AM
The Greeks and Romans of our world created incredible structures, many of which still stand today. Look at the Colosseum, a massive structure for it's day, unlike anything the world had seen. And let's not forget the pyramids!

Medieval castles and cathedrals are a wonder of architecture! Galleons huge improvements over the Viking long boats and Roman triremes.

Basically, I will accept most tech up to the Middle Ages. Horse-drawn wagons and sleds, blacksmithing, pick mining, plowing oxen, swords, bows, crossbows, and catapults. If you want anything more, please open a discussion thread in the OOC forum.

Once thing I demand is for someone to use tech, they have to establish a foundation for that technology. Explain how they stumbled on it.

To make gunpowder, someone has to be collecting saltpeter, producing charcoal and collecting brimstone from volcanoes. Grinding it up in the right proportions in the right way. Fireworks before cannons before simple one-shot guns.

So you have to talk to me before you can use gunpowder or Greek fire.

Conventional weapons of mass destruction are right out.

Magical weapons of mass destruction, as per the Magic thread, can significantly damage how much magic can be collected from an area. If you have troops in an area heavily damaged by destructive magics, they cannot provide their deity magic to power his spells. Wizards will be unable to work magic.