PDA

View Full Version : Eden Academy: The Last Echo

Sickly
04-06-2011, 04:38 AM
Book 1
The Last Echo
Prologue

A small woman sitting in a chair far to large for her was furiously scribbling away on a note pad. She was in a small room with an incredibly high ceiling covered with Paintings of Previous Headmasters and Mistresses. She was of course sitting in the Headmasters office, an intimidating place to be alone in. She wasn't alone. The Office had a simple hardwood desk although it had been immaturely carved into by students wanting more than a graduating plaque to make sure their name would be remembered forever. The woman didn't like it. The desk was terribly unorthadox and....well it didn't go with the room. The headmaster loved it. Lloyd Jasker or simply Lord Jasker as he prefered was the current Headmaster of Eden Academy. He was standing in front of the room's only window, a massive crystal clear portal to the outside. The room itself was situated in the highest tower of Eden Academy, and elegant facility besting even the most expensive schools from around the world, its size dwarfed even the Louvre. Lord Jasker turned to the small woman sitting before him and smiled "My dear Jenny, have the new students arrived yet they are quite late." The woman didn't answer instead she looked at him with a grim face, she hated that nickname. "Out the window, Sir." Lord Jasker turned "Oh, there we go and I see Ethan and Maria are already there to greet them, how nice."

---

Players: You have landed and now are getting your stuff. as you exit the plane you meet two older students by the names of Ethan and Maria. for the first post you must adhere to the forced 2-3 hour posting time, meaning that your character must have spent two to three hours on the plane before landing please feel free to fill this up with flashbacks on who you were before being accepted to Eden Academy. After doing this the 2-3 hour minimum time in a post will be lifted for interaction between you and the NPC's Ethan and Maria.

NOTE: do not godmod them, if you do i will simply ignore the post ask them questions or whatever an after everyone has posted i will respond with an update
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/356/9/5/aoh_ss__badou_nails_by_tigerkitten907-d35f93m.png
http://animefuel.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=180&pictureid=1629

1...2...3...POST!!!

Koti~
04-06-2011, 01:56 PM
(8:00 am)

Devin looked around the plane at the other ground of students, not taking them in at all. He wanted to know who he was going to be spending the next decade hiding from, taking his time and working on pet projects in his dorm room. He had been sent to go to this school by his uncle, who had wanted him to become a powerful leader in this world.

"Not that he really much cares. Would have rather stayed at home and worked in the shop." Devin mumbled to himself. He stood up from the seat and went to the over head bin, retrieving a small zip lock bag from his carry on. Wanting to spend as much time away from thinking of being sent to the middle of nowhere, he opened the bag and began pulling out what looked like the dissembled parts of a game boy color. His mind already at ease again, he started to piece it back together, losing track of time...

(9:55 am)

Devin was shaken out of his reprieve by the flight attendant shaking him, letting him know that they had just landed. He carefully placed the completely rebuilt game boy color back in its bag, the screws along with it. He would have to wait until he could get to his luggage to finish putting the game back together and testing it for the umpteenth time again. He grabbed his carry on and slung it over his shoulder, walking out of the plane and into the terminal, looking around. It was then that he noticed the two people standing at the front of the exit gate, giving off the air of a welcoming committee. Devin walked over to the man who looked like a gear head, giving Devin a sense of familiarity. He walked over to the man, adjusting the bag on his shoulders.

"Do you guys have a car shop here on this island" Devin asked, his voice sounding bored.

(10:15 am)

Tune
04-14-2011, 08:25 PM
7:40am

Leila glanced at the digital clock on her laptop, and sighed. They still had awhile to go before they landed at Eden Academy. She glanced around at the other students on the plane. They hardly seemed deserving of attending such a selective school. She shrugged; why the other students were there was not her concern. She deemed them lucky, and turned her attention back to her laptop screen. All icons on her desktop was in alphabetical order. There was no sign of anything other than educational programs on her laptop, just as her father directed. She wasn't into video games, or MMORPG's as they were called, but she would have liked the opportunity to at least try.

"I'm sorry, Miss, but no electronics are allowed to be on while the plane is flying," a young female voice. Leila glanced up. A Stewardess stood to the side of her seat, smiling pleasantly. Leila ignored her.

"Miss, if you don't adhere to the rules, I will be forced to confiscate your laptop till we land." Leila's lip twitched. She closed her laptop, and turned to face the Stewardess.

She was silent for a moment, staring at the woman with her big brown eyes, and she spoke, "I could make an estimate on your annual wage, and be correct. My network worth is ten times what you will make in thirty-years on your current career path. Since your job is to put up with annoying children and people, I'll do you a favor." Leila turned, and slid her laptop into the carrying case at her feet, zipping the bag up, and placing it next to her on the seat. "Out of sight, out of mind."

She had caught other students staring at her, but she ignored it. The way she handles people is her business, and her's alone. She rested her head against the headrest. Her stomach growled; no doubt she would receive little to no service from those working on the airline after the Stewardess mentioned a snobby little redhead insulting her career choice. Leila stared out the window. She was miles away from home, away from her father and his constant drilling and obsession for perfectionism in Academics. She was still stocked that her father let his meal ticket fly away to some unknown location for a decade without his tutorship. Before he gave her the news, she often seen him obsess over a letter, spending hours researching something on his computer. Whatever he found, he was thoroughly pleased with the search results.

9:55am

She and the other students unboarded the plane one by one, carrying their carry-on luggage -if they brought any with them. Two older looking students waiting for the new arrivals. Probably the welcoming committee, she thought, shifting her laptop bag to her other hand. One male asked about a car shop, and she inwardly groaned. They allowed Grease Monkey to attend their school. Surely, they had more students that boasted a higher level of thinking.

"What are the rules on curfews? Are the dorms Co-Ed? Are we expected to keep a certain grade point average to continue our education here?" She would have rambled on more questions that seemed appropriate to ask, but the gibbering of some girls swooning over the idea of Co-Ed dorms bothered her.

calamosis
04-15-2011, 01:06 AM
7:30am
Wakefulness. Ah, the dreaded insomia, yet again triggered by angered shots fired just down the block. Well. Awfully early for most to be out, but who was he to complain?

8:15
A seemingly short breakfast later, Adrian's parents come down the stairs; or at least, his dad. 'Mother dear' wont be up for awhile, and even then, it will take half an hour for her to get her makeup on. He vaguely hopes that he'll make the flight in time....

9:00
Adrian has packed his things, said goodbye to his parents, and has boarded the plane. He was sitting, bored as he would ever be in one of his repetitive classes. He had never been on a plane before, but the exitement had ended quickly after takeoff. He was playing with the only gift he had ever received that he hadn't grown out of. The rubix cube in his hands was a gift from when he was young, and though it had frustrated him greatly at times, now he could get each aligned without even looking.

9:55am
He notices a flight attendant shake another passenger awake; the plane has landed, yes, but Adrian doesn't feel like being jostled by other people. He had been asleep for awhile, even alert, he still felt fairly groggy. He followed slowly after the one from earlier; he appeared to be heading toward the people they would be following....
9:58
A girl, who he made a clear mental note to avoid if at all possible, had immediately walked up, firing off rapid questions about the school. (Not to mention that they would probably be told that later, anyway!)

Oh, well.... Now, lucky him, no one was paying him any mind. Maybe he could sneak off, figure out the school at his own pace.... A little voice in his head was nagging him to start with a clean sheet, man up, be a better person....

Too bad he had stopped listening to that voice years ago.

enaz
04-15-2011, 02:43 AM
(7:30)
Jack sat in his seat having just loaded his luggage onto the plane. Jack watched as other students came onto the plane and he saw quite a few attractive girls come on to. Jack pulled out the book The Divine Comedy, and read the first page before the plane took off admiring the concept of how the story was laid out in a poem format.

(8:30)
Jack closed the book and put it in his lap and looked out the window thinking about why his parents would even send him to this school. They had been sitting at the table two months ago when they told him which was a shock to him. Jack had left plenty of friends behind, but he already had plans to mae new ones. Under his breath he then started singing the song The show goes on by Lupe Fiasco. Jack had loved the song since he first heard it and it got stuck in his head.

(9:59)
Jack had climbed off the plane following the rest of the students and he watched as a cute girl bombarded one of the people with questions. He chuckled to himself and would talk to her later, so she could be his first new friend. Jack then plugged one of his headphones from his ipod into his ear and started listening to music waiting to figure out where the dorm's were.

Sickly
04-18-2011, 10:01 PM
UPDATE

Ethan and Maria stared at the new recruits as they started to exit the plane. Ethan smirked "New meat." "Quiet Ethan, they are problably very nervous as it is, lets not add to it." Maria whispered back. "Fine, fine, but if they deserve it I may not be able to help myself." Maria glared at Ethan until he turned and hid from her gaze.

As the new students came up Ethan leaned in for a closer look and was surprised when one girl began firing off questions. "First of all-" said Ethan interrupting the girl in mid-sentence. "Shut-up, second, you will speak when spoken to, third-" Suddenly Maria tackled Ethan from the side knocking him to the ground. "Woooo huh, sorry about that Ethan tends to get carried away. First of all, Introductions: My name is Maria Henesy and my buddy on the ground here is Ethan Fount. Welcome to the Eden Academy Campus. Now to answer your questions."

Maria turned to Leila first and began to answer her questions. "there is a curfew for first year students and it follows these rules: all first year students must be in there dorms by 7:00pm and bed time curfew is 10pm. the curfew is extended by an hour each year and after 3 years the bed time curfew isn't enforced but most of the shops in the dorm town close at night so there isn't much point to stay out late that long."

"The dorms are Co-Ed but males and females do not share rooms and just for your information The keys to your rooms are your thumbs as each door is equipped with a finger print scanner. so if a boy tries to get into your room....and vice versa you will be reported and punished immediattely. There are several sororities and fraternities around dorm town but we'll wait for classes to begin before we get to that. For older students in the last 3 years of their education at Eden academy we provide custom condos on the lakeside. Those biuldings are connected to a much smaller version of the dormtown and provide much more elegant services to those students. Students who stand above the rest in academics and character may request single apartments as well.

"Its best if the students maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher but if certain conditions are met students can maintain a 1.0 average and remain enrolled.....but like i said certain...conditions must be met." Maria suddenly took a deep breath and spun towards Devin "Car shop? I don't know anything about a car shop but the vehicles have to be fixed somewhere around here. Island? oh you simply must have not been paying attention. You landed in the airfield near Dorm Town the Eden academy is close by so its easy to get mixed up. Getting back to what you were saying...iI suggest you go look in Chrona our employee town or check the outskirts of the Dorm Town where all the maintenance facilities are located."

Maria looked on for more questions but didn't find any.

"OK your cars are over there please take any small belongings you wish to keep on hand with you, and leave the rest here where we will take the rest to your dorms. I will stay here to go over some forms with some of you whom were unable to fill out several forms before being accepted."

"Those names I call will go with Ethan to be given the tour of Dorm Town today, the rest come with me."

Devin!
Leila!
Jack!
Adrian!

Ethan grudgingly got up and walked up to Maria and made is way across the field "Hurry up you maggots or i'll leave you behind."

The four students hurried over to the cars and got in. Ethan signaled the driver and they got in and took off. Ethan stared at the four kids and opened up first. "This ride with be about 30 minutes since we have to make a few stops so try and make conversation while i catch some Z's

PLAYERS: your in a car!!!!!!! feel free to talk to each other im going to lift the time limit for posts so you can chat in realtime try to leave your posts vague enough so the more people can join in when I finish those Legacy's you can post more than once. whenever you guys feel like ending the conversation give me a ring if not i can extend the update.

calamosis
04-18-2011, 11:36 PM
Adrian, without a single a hitch, immediately climbed into the car without a word. He sat on the very opposite side, right at the window. Not looking a anyone, he pulls out his rubix cube, twisting it almost violently. It was not in others best interest to talk to him right now. He had to sit next to and socialize with a bunch of strangers that he really didn't care to meet. People were not exactly his forte.

Sitting and looking sullenly out the window, he found, was just about as boring as sitting on the plane and waiting for sleep to arrive. As interesting as it was to watch the same old scenery pass by again and again, one could only stave off boredom for a set amount of time. So, sighing, Adrian turns, looking at the people in the car with him.

He keeps his expression bland, hoping no one will strike up a conversation with him. Instead, he observes the others, trying to decipher their thoughts; trying to see who they were without making direct contact. In this way, people may not have been his forte, but observing definitely was.

Tune
04-19-2011, 06:26 AM
Leila's brown eyes narrowed. She wasn't used to being told to shut up, but somehow seeing the older girl -Maria, was it?- tackle the guy to the ground, she calmed down slightly. Leila nodded after Maria answered all her questions. The school and towns around it seemed high tech from the explanation. Finger print scanners.. she kind of liked the sound of that.

Leila's grip tightened on her laptop's strap. She was forced to go with what's-his-name, and after looking around, a group of boys. She rolled her eyes. She would hate the car ride, just like she hated the plane ride. She followed the rest of the group into the car, and found herself sandwiched between two boys. Great, the boy next to her was violently twisting a rubix cube. She looked down at her laptop bag resting on her lap. She hid a smirk, and imagined the rubix cube bursting into flames in the guy's hand.

She shifted in her seat. Crowded spaces surrounded by people she didn't know or like made her edgy. She just wanted to get unpacked, and into her dorm room without a hitch. She softly cleared her throat. A thirty-minute car ride in a car full of guys was not the type of car trip she enjoyed. This was just like a car ride with her father into the country for a week of relaxation for him, and hell for her. Ethan, if she remembered, was not fond of her asking questions, so she chose to stay quiet, at least for the time being.

enaz
04-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Jack had been enjoying his music until he heard his name called by one of the older students. Jack saw three other people walking towards a car, and followed and watched the first two get in before following. He found that he was right next to the girl he desired to talk to. The car was extremely cramped to were Jack couldn't stretch, but he stayed calm and turned the music down so he could hear the others speak. He then urned to the girl right next to him extending out his hand and saying "Hey my name is Jack and it's nice to meet you." With a smile on his face he waited, while also keeping his attention on the boy by the window playing with a rubix cube.

Koti~
04-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Devin listened as the girl responded about the fact that she didn't know of any car shop around the town, but there might be somewhere. He huffed slightly, annoyed by the fact that she didn't seem to know much about the town that he wanted to know. He then went off into a slight day dream at the mention of a finger print scanner, making him smile some.

[I]To think that they have that kind of tech for simply protecting other people. I might end up taking mine apart if possible[/I Devin thought to himself, letting his mind run wild on a tangent. He was pulled out of it when his name was called and watched as 3 other people headed towards a car. He followed along, pulling his backpack across his shoulder. He waiting until the others had piled in and followed after, finding some room next to the window. He didn't pay much attention as he pulled out a small glasses repair kit, but he found it much more useful for smaller stuff. He pulled out the game boy color and took the small screw driver to finish replacing the screws into it, to hold it in place.

He flicked the power button on and listened as the system kicked to life with a small ding, soon followed by the super Mario brothers theme. He had heard one kid start to talk to the girl, but he wasn't interested, turning off the game and getting to work taking apart the system, the town flying by the car window.

calamosis
04-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Adrian watched the girl being talked at--not to--by the third guy who had gotten in. The fourth of their party didn't seem too interested either. He raised an eyebrow to himself; these people might not be entirely horrible to be around. First good news yet. That, and getting a bedroom to himself. Hopefully it wouldn't have as thin walls as his place back home....

He twisted towards the window once more, keeping an ear out for any 'helpful' information. He closed his eyes, thinking of the school. Maybe they would teach something that challenged him.... A higher course of math than he was used to, maybe. Or different vocabulary; something completely out there that no one would know. A different language.... He was getting ahead of himself, but Adrian couldn't care less. He was honestly starting to look forward to this.

Tune
04-20-2011, 04:48 AM
Leila looked up after feeling the car cushion lower next to her. She ignored it, waiting for the car to start. She hid a frown behind her orange, and blond highlighted bangs; her knees were starting to hurt her from being cramped up for so long. She looked up at the moment she heard someone speak. Not knowing who the voice was talking to, she glanced to her other side. The guy with the rubix cube didn't open his mouth to speak. The guy who introduced himself as Jack was a young African American boy with a friendly smile.

"Leila Valenci," she said, awkwardly extending her hand towards Jack. Even though she was hardly a people person, being rude in such close quarters would not be the best move.

The let a black kid in? she thought, waiting for Jack to shake her hand. It wasn't as if she was racist, she was just not used to many black kids joining schools like this. She only knew a couple of kids from underprivileged homes that managed to attend St. Vincent's Academy back in New York City. They were not well liked by the snobs and rich kids who only got in to the school by their parents' money, but they were a bright bunch, attempting to fit in with bunch of preppy white kids. She had felt a tinge of guilt, and smiled towards the guy, trying to hide her retainer. The car door closed when the last of their little group piled into the car with them.

Evladimira183
04-20-2011, 07:27 AM
7:30
Holly opened her mouth wide to release a large yawn into the world. It had been the umpteenth time she'd yawned, with little to no sleep on this damn airplane. She'd never been on an airplane before, and while she'd seen lots of people excited and chatting away, making friends with each other when they're barely known anyone, Holly herself was bored. She didn't know if electronics were permitted in the plane, but she presumed that electronics using wi-fi or such would be unallowed, so to try and sneak by that rule, she had her iPod hidden under her sleeve, music quietly sounding in her ears to fill in the background noise, and help her blank out other people's voices. Damn, she thought, how much are these people going to talk? I hope nobody comes and bugs me. If she was asked about the headphones and their coming from, she'd turn the music off but leave the earphones in, even if there wasn't a sound in them. People knew then to leave you alone, they did, if they saw you wouldn't hear them anyway. A sly trick to try and get them to leave her alone, for she was grieving, missing her kitten, Khloe, already. The little kitten had been left in the care of her parents, but Holly had no idea how long she would last in this new "boarding school". Her parents had thought it would be a good idea, but would Holly have agreed with them? She turned her music up a bit, and closed her eyes for a while.

9:15
The sound of music steadily grew louder, and Holly awoke with a start. She'd fallen asleep! Since she was in a window seat near the rear end of the plane, she looked out of it, searching for refuge from her tire and boredome. Suddenly, a grin crossed her face, though she was careful to hide it from as many people as she could. Despite being apprehensive, she was looking forward to the new life at school, leaving her old life behind her.

9:45
Standing up, she stretched her legs: it had been a long flight and although she was tired, she couldn't have gone to sleep in case someone came and bugged her. The plane had been landed now for fifteen minutes and they were just lining up the different stairs to whichever door. Holly wasn't really sure which side the exit would be, but she'd just follow the crowd and hope they wouldn't be falling into some deep ocean somewhere. There goes the imagination again!, she thought. Stretching her arms up to reach her back, she could see someone dozing. "how can you just sleep so deep like that..?" she said aloud, but quietly, to herself. Her mother had warned her about that,talking to herself. People would think badly of her, she had said. Not that Holly cared what other people thought of her, so long as they weren't doing bad things to her. The man she was watching woke up and looked towards where she was, so she quickly looked away. Mother had warned her of that too - don't stare or look at people for too long, they'll think badly of you. She didn't really see how it mattered if others thought badly of her, though...She did see two people outside of the plane, though. Had they fallen out? The doors weren't open yet.
No...They must be some kind of welcoming committee. "Oh, whatever..." she said to herself, a little too loud. Someone walking past her stared at her, then sniggered to their friend. Holly just rolled her eyes. So long as it doesn't affect or hurt anyone, I'll do what I want. I just have to accept the consequences and it'll be fine anyway! She sighed and sat back down, waiting for the doors to open. She mght have to work things differently here, because she didn't want to stick out here like she had done at her old school. It was when she stuck out that they started getting cocky and overconfident in how badly they could treat her, and she felt that these kids surrounding her would do the same if she stuck out too badly. Besides, nobody here had hurt her, so why should she treat them badly anyway? She closed her eyes and settled off for a few minutes' snooze.

Zero
04-21-2011, 06:39 PM
9:45
The plane was beginning to descend from the sky at this point, Azalia was nervous, she wasn't really accustomed to going to new places. She had grown accustomed to being alone, rarely getting to know people outside of her family. Not to mention everything had been paid for, she had always been poor and though she didn't really mind what people thought about her because of it this change did affect her, made her more nervous about it.

Azalia waited for everyone else to exit the plane before she even stood up, her face turned to the left staring out of one of the windows her fingers taping her right thigh over and over. She had been awake the entire flight and most of the time she was looking right out the window, the world one of the things that she found most interesting. Every nook and cranny beautiful from the sky to the trees, it was all amazing in her eyes.

10:00
Everyone had now exited the plane and the flight attendant came by her seat, "Ma'am, you need to get off the plane now" she said with a warm smile and she reached up getting Azalia's carry-on bag. She took the bag from the flight attendant and nodded as she scurried off the plane to where everyone else was.

She listened to the apparent leaders of the group, the woman called Maria seemed more like staff. She gave out instructions and Azalia just sat back and listened, a little separated from the group because it felt more casual this way. Once everyone split up she just stayed in place, she would follow who she was told to follow without many questions and chances were she wouldn't talk at all until spoken to.

As she waited for what they were going to do she reached into her bag and pulled out some gum, tossing it into her mouth and beginning to chew. She would have played an instrument or something, heck even run into the woods, but she knew that this was an important thing. She had to stay and get all the information about this new place she was in, besides she didn't want to get so much attention from these new people. She just sat in the back and looked around now a slight blissful smile on her face now that she was off of the plane and out in the open air again, the beautiful world.

enaz
04-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Jack took Leila's hand and put it to his lips, and said "Nice to meet you I am honored to be in the presence of such a beautiful women," Jack then straightened up in his seat so everyone could have more room to get comfortable since the ride was a tight squeeze. Jack stared Leila in the eye and could tell she was shocked to see him. This wasn't Jack's first time at a school like this, but people automatically assumed he had worked hard to get there, but he never did. Jack was still going to be nice to Leila though. He then reached into his pocket pulling out his ipod and started listening to some Japanese pop which he loved, and he offered a headphone to Leila.

calamosis
04-21-2011, 11:43 PM
Listening to the exchange, Adrian barely held in a snort. The girl, Leila apparently, just seemed so uptight to him; in his eyes, it was amazing she hadn't shoved him away screaming. In fact, considering his experiance with people like her, it was a feat to not hear her complain about everything. Rich girls..... Well, another good bit of news. The two beside him weren't killing each other yet, so that was definitely a good sign,

But, wait.... Look at that! All the others even had music systems! And the guy who had asked about the car shop; he had a game system! He was taking it apart, yes, but Adrian easily recognized it. He used to borrow one from a acquaintance occasionally, before their parents got enough money to move away.

Adrian tried to hide his disappointment; he was sure he'd be an outcast, now. No one would bother to befriend a 'poor kid', no matter how he persisted. He would either be pitied or ignored, niether of which he was looking forward to. Oh, well.... At least the courses would be good, right...? Adrian could only pray that this was so.

Koti~
04-22-2011, 03:28 AM
Devin slowly finished taking apart the entire game boy, carefully placing it in the zip lock back. Once having done that, he leaned against the back of the seat, looking out the window at the passing town. He was literally bored out of mind, he had ignored most of the conversation that had gone on through.

He looked them over, not seeing much of interest, other than the girl with the laptop bag on her shoulder. He looked at the strap, thinking of what she might have in there. Different laptops ran through his head while he looked, his fingers itching to hold it and take it apart, to gut it and see what it ran on.

"Do you have a laptop?" Devin asked the girl pointedly. He was interested at the possiblitily of getting his hand on some new age tech, never being able to afford a laptop of his own. He knew they ran faster, yet came with a lower battery life, and wanted to check it out.

Tune
04-23-2011, 06:23 AM
"What? WhaLeila's eyes widen, and her cheeks felt flushed. Had that guy really kissed her hand? The most attention she was used to was a handshake, Italian cheek kisses where the people's lips never met flesh, and the occasional shoulder pat or head nod from her father. She nodded her head, and withdrew her hand. She exhaled deeply through her nose, regaining her composure.

"Uh, no thanks, Jack?" She refused the headphones/earbud. She was anything but a normal student, lucky to even have a laptop that acted like a PDA and home-school teacher all in one. Dad is like Hitler when it comes to electronics, she thought, remembering when she brought home a friend's iPod.

* * * * * *t is this?" The earbuds were snatched forcefully from her ears with a pop that hurt her ears.

Leila looked up to see her father clutching the cords with one hand, and the rest of the iPod clattering to the ground. Her father grew even more annoyed with her silence. Leila, rubbing her ears dropped her hands to her lap.

"It's an iPod, an electronic device that plays music, and-" Her father's flushed cheeks stopped her mid-sentence. He had been drinking from the smell of his breath. More than wine this time. He wasn't much of a drunk, but when he had his friend's over, he broke out the champagne and scotch, or made Cosmopolitans.

"I thought I told you not to bring this trash into my home."

"You did, Papa, I'm sorry."

He gritted his teeth. "Your 'friend' won't be getting this back." He bent over, and picked up the fallen iPod, and disappeared out of the kitchen. She sat there in the kitchen chair with the fluorescent light beating down on her homework papers. She heard her father before she seen him. She heard doors slamming, then his heavy footsteps. He entered the kitchen with the iPod and hammer, and slammed the iPod down on the table.

"This," he said, pointing to the iPod, "is what happens when you disobey my rules." She shut her eyes, flinching every time the hammer smashed against the iPod. "You'll be paying your friend back for breaking her music player," he said, leaving the hammer next to the shattered iPod, and left the room.

She snapped out of her memories when she heard the word 'laptop'. She instinctively looked down at her laptop bag, then towards one of the guys that talked to her. It was the guy (Devin) on the other side of Jack. "Uh, yeah. It's a Toshiba Satellite Notebook. Why?"

Koti~
04-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Devin's mind went into overdrive when she mentioned what type of laptop she had with her. He could already imagine the mother board setup and the extra bus of ram for faster run time.

"May I see it?" Devin asked, tapping his fingers against his knee. He already had the builders itch running through his fingers already. He wanted to get his fingers onto the laptop and start taking it apart in his mind, the wiring and circuit boards laid out in front of him like a perfect blueprint for the original design. He was hoping that his tapping fingers didn't give him away. He knew he could return it in perfect shape, every piece working just as it was supposed to be

calamosis
04-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Adrian looked over in curiosity. What in heaven's name was this guy thinking? He looked like he was gonna tackle Leila just to get to her laptop! Crazy. He watched interestedly now, wanting to see her respone (not to mention, but it was funnier than some of his dad's perverted jokes to see her flush like that earlier), as he now knew this girl wasn't a cookie-cutout like he had first thought.

But what would happen, now? This guy (sence Jack was the name of the third in their party, this guy must've been one of the other names called; Devin) obviously wanted something to do with her laptop; and judging by the game system he had been working with, Adrian was pretty sure he knew what it was.

Hmm. If she did hand it over, would this Devin guy be able to take it apart and put it back together by the time it took to arrive at the academy? Maybe.... But probably not. So Adrian just watched, yet again as silent as he had ever been in this group, waiting for something to happen (other than scenery going by in an endless cycle around them) amongst his peers.

enaz
04-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Jack was impressed with himself when he saw th girl flush,and knew he was well on his way. Then the person that was sitting by the window asked Leila for her laptop. Jack paid close attention to his reactions and saw that he was excited. Jack wasn't surprised because he avoided all interactions with them till he figured out about the laptop, but it wasn't his business, so he turned to the other male in the car and asked "So what's up with you. I haven't seen you with not one device since we've gotten here." Jack awaited his response as he flipped through the list of songs on his Ipod looking for his favorite song that he, and his grandmother used to always listen to. This song used to always make Jack cry, but he eventually got over it even though he always missedhis grandmother. She had died from cancer while in Jack's arms and he had to look into her lifeless eyes which screwed Jack up for life.

Evladimira183
04-23-2011, 07:48 PM
10am
By now the plane had long landed, and Holly had exited the plane. When declining the stairs, she saw the two people standing at the bottom that she'd seen before, the girl and boy. Approaching the two with the rest of the group that she was forced to be in, so as not to get lost, she heard the two introduce themselves. Of course, Holly was barely paying attention, but thought it best to at least try to listen, or she'd never get far at this private school. Looking them up and down, the girl looked like a nice person, but the boy looked a bit full of himself, or at least eager to see new people. Is this guy lonely too, Holly wondered, for him to be eager to see other people like this? She decided against it. She was too quick to judge, and didn't know them enough. The boy introduced himself as Ethan and the girl as Maria. She then called out several names, but Holly never heard her own called out, and while several other students gathered to go with the boy, she overheard him saying something that heard quite rude. Holly turned her nose a little, looking nervously away from him and the girl. I'm quite glad I'm not going with that boy, she spoke inwardly to herself, He doesn't sound like too nice a guy, especially since most people will be really nervous here... She stood back and waited while the rest evacuated towards what looked like a somewhat large cart, following the rude boy Ethan. She turned to look at Maria, who seemed to be smiling at her and a few others. She slowly creeped back behind others to try and hide, but watching her, curious by how the girl smiled. What kind of person was she, she wondered? She was sure she would soon find out.

calamosis
04-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Adrian tilted his head for a moment, distracted from Leila and Devin's interactions by Jack, who was looking through his ipod. He tried to keep all physical responses muffled; it was all he could do to not look away in discomfort. Great. The question I least wanted to hear....

He straightened up in his seat, trying to seem as though he couldnn't care less what the others would say. Really, he didn't care all that much, but he still needed someone to talk with, and people who met him and learned he was poor almost always assumed he was having it rough, like he hadn't gone through this his whole life. Everyone automatically said something like, 'well if you ever need money.... A place to stay....' and the list went on. He didn't need pity, he just wanted to be treated like a regular person....

Well, time to face the music then....

He looked at Jack, stating calmly, "My family doesn't have enough money to pay for things like that." He quipped this quietly, acting overly-polite in order to hold in his temperment. "I've never had an ipod, or a laptop." He shugged, paused, then continued casually, "Whatever."

enaz
04-24-2011, 04:38 AM
Jack wasn't shocked to hear this information, and he knew what the other person had been through. "Ok well I've been in the same position and I've done plenty of things I'm not proud of to try and help my family." This brought back Jack's memories of how he had sold drugs while he was going to school trying to earn money. His parents always questioned where he got all the money from, but he never told them the truth. Selling drugs also was the way he lost his best friend. Jack had thought that it would be his last job, but when him and his friend were waiting for the buyers to show up there was a loud screech and a car came speeding around the corner. Jack screamed as he was pushed to the ground and his friends boy was peppered with bullets. Jack came back to reality, and a tear strolled down is cheek. He turned to him and asked "What is your name," and while he did he put the ipod in the persons hand and gave him a stare that said if he didn't take it it would crush Jack's feelings.

calamosis
04-24-2011, 05:08 AM
Adrian stared in silence for a moment, completely taken by suprise. Jack didn't seem like this type of person to him, and yet, here the evidence was. Slowly, he curled his fingers around the device, bringing it closer to himself for quick inspection. He said nothing for a moment, still stunned into silence. Then, somewhat sluggishly, he spoke.

"My...my name is Adrian. And....." He looked down, unused to saying this, but he couldn't express himself any better otherwise, so... "Thank you." Saying this, he straightened up slightly, looking Jack in the eye to let him know he meant it. He didn't think that he would give it to him for good, there was no reason to, but he was still grateful that someone was willing to look past his exterior.

He didn't need pity or gifts, but this was an important item, and that carried weight. Most people their age never would have done such a thing, trusting a total stranger to care for their music; espcially since these systems were fairly expensive. This had emotionl vaule; and Adrian didn't feel quite so bad now, knowing that another person was here that wasn't totall superficial. Another who had been where he is. Adrian glances up to Jack again and simply shows him directly what he feels; he smiles softly, his happiness showing through the action.

Sickly
04-25-2011, 06:04 PM
UPDATE
(Your argument is invalid)

Echo

(Adrian, Jack, Leila, and Devin's Update)

The car suddenly came to a stop. The scenery changed from simple countryside to dark deciduous forest, Its was still bright and beautiful outside but the height of the tree and the darkness of the forrest around the road seemed to almost crush to car under its weight. Ethan began to breath heavily. "Not this again." Ethan eye's glowed golden for a brief moment before he settled into the Vision. Ethan lifted up his arm and covered his face from view. His dreams were not fun.

"Darkness.....light, its faded red light....perhaps...Fire! Its fire, i smell something...I smell death, burning flesh, screams. The school is burning. Where am I? The beach....someone....holding onto me. I hear crying. The... Something is poking me. Its a boy....he's burned very badly..........his face is to disfigured..trying to tell me something............Lily? Leila? Lester? he speaks a name he says........begins with an L...can't really understand......then he's dead."

Ethan opened his eyes. The kids were still talking to each other, that was good. Turning his head to the side Ethan tapped on the glass separating the driver from the passengers. The driver slid the glass open and Ethan whispered. "The Second Gate." "Yes, Sir." replied the driver.

Ethan closed his eye's and mumbled to the students. "We're taking a detour to Dorm Town's Second Gate. I've got some business to attend to so another student will act as your tour guide." Ethan opened his eyes and stared out into the scenery he made a movement with his lips but no sound comes out.

"Perhaps....Leila?"

Ethan Looked at the young girl from behind his fingers. He'd have to tell Lord Jasker about this. If she had one she'd have to followed. He stared into her eyes. Nothing as of yet.

-------------------------------

Escape
(NPC Update)

Echo scrambled up the staircase, she has to run. The path splits. Left. Echo ran. No! He's there. He grabs Echo. His grip tightens. Her eyes flash gold.

Echo scrambled up the staircase, she has to run. The Path splits. Right. Echo ran. Yes! The door is open. Sunlight hits her. Hits her hard. Its too much. Its blinds her. Echo stumbles. She falls. And she falls. Her eyes flash gold.

Echo scrambled up the staircase, she has to run. The Path splits. Right. Echo ran. Yes! The door is open. She covers her eyes. The sun comes down. Echo adjusts. She can see. There is nothing. Her eyes don't flash. She jumps.

His eye's flash. Echo is back. Echo is back.

Echo
(Azalia and Holly's Update)

Maria was tired. She was left with all the paperwork. She glared at her work then smile sweetly at Azalia and Holly. "Sorry about this, but I seem to have made a mistake. Your paperwork is fine." said Maria forcing the papers she held into the hands of one of the Air-Hostesses. "Okay, well since Ethan has already taken off in the only car. How about we walk to the harbor." its about a quarter of a mile past the air field and their is a lovely cafe with a view of the Academy. My treat. We can talk for a bit. and I'll have someone pick you up to take you to your dorms."

Maria grabbed Azalia and Holly's hands and dragged them with her. Maria's grip was surprisingly strong for her stature and both girls winced when she began to crush their hands.

"Okay now do you have any more questions? I can answer any questions you may not have said when Ethan was around. Girls, I am an open book ask me anything?" Sang Maria as she let go of their hands. Azalia and Holly looked at each other and began rubbing their hands. "Come on its gonna be a few minutes before we get to the Harbor. I hate silences."

Adrian, Jack, Leila, Devin feel free to post. Ethan is awake so you can ask him questions about the school and i'll post him answering you later. I love your guy's posts right now keep up the great work.
Especially Leila's reaction to getting kissed and the ipod exchange also Devin's thoughts are fun to read. Im lovin it. Feel free to post.

Holly and Azalia feel free to ask away or just talk this is a great way introduce yourself and make a friend. I'll respond if you talk to Maria

okay guys update is done cya in response if there are any I'll be able to respond tomorrow until friday then next monday

NEXT UPDATE IS TUESDAY

Tune
04-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Her eyes widened a bit in shock. Did he expect her to hand over her one electronic possession when she hardly knew him? Her lips twitched. She wasn't good with sharing, never had been. Her fingers coiled under her laptop case, clutching onto it. She couldn't afford the laptop to be tampered with. She was silent, staring down at her laptop's black, cloth carrying case.

Jack's voice echoed next to her ear, then the boy's exchange next to her. So, the guy with the Rubix Cube's name was Adrian, and he came from a family that didn't have much money, unlike hers. She was stunned to see Jack pass his iPod to Adrian. He just gave it away..? She wasn't used to people being that kind, just like the Adrian guy wasn't.

"You're not the only one," she said, "I'm lucky to even have a laptop."
Sure, she came from a rich family. Talked like she was wealthy, acted like a snob, treated people like it, but as far as personal possessions? Like she said, she was lucky. Only reason her father even gave her a laptop was after he loaded it with tons of academic programs, and implemented several parental blocks.

She didn't mean to ignore the other guy. She didn't know how to respond. "Sorry, but no. I don't need it broken. It might be the only communications device I'll have to the outside world." They might take it away for whatever rule I might break, she thought, frowning.

Leila's head snapped up, and she glared at Ethan. Her, a student guide? She couldn't hold her tongue, "How the hell am I going to show people around? I've never been here before! Whatever 'business' you have to attend, why can't you take us with you?"

She used air quotes and a spiteful tone that she learned that from one of her Professor's at school. She didn't dare use such language with her father, but a stranger was fine. She was fuming. She knew she'd regret what she said, but it wasn't like she would take it back.

Koti~
04-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Devin was slightly down trodden when the girl spoke, venom clear in his voice. He had heard it hundreds of times, from his parents when he took things apart, and friends when they said he ruined their stuff. He leaned back, clasping his hands into loose fists and taking a deep breath, letting himself calm down. He closed his eyes, allowing his head to run through different marvels that he had taken apart before, only to put back together with ease.

Devin had never really made any friends, not after they had seen him take apart their toys and electronics to see how they ticked and what made them move. By lack of society, he devoted himself to electronics, getting better with memorizing where things went and how things fit together.

His previous teachers were annoyed when he was able to easily answer their questions with hardly looking at the material, learning that most learning styles were just like electronic objects. Give a jumble, throw away the useless stuff, carefully place the needed stuff back together, and then turn it on to see it if worked. If not, restart all over again and let it run through the same process.

Devin relaxed and opened his eyes, going back to staring out the window, avoiding contact with the girls laptop, banishing thoughts of it from his head. He noted that they were headed in a different direction, and went back to watching, looking at the scenery float by him with vein interest.

enaz
04-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Jack felt like he had made gigantic accomplishments with Leila, and Adrian. He had made Leila's cheeks flush while also getting though Adrian's thick exterior. Jack looked over at the last person who he concluded could only be Devin. He was already thinking of ways to bond with him also, but he would worry about that later. Jack put his hand on Adrian's shoulder and patted it giving a silent conformation. Then next to him he heard Leila talking about how she was even lucky to have a laptop. Jack was saddened to see that her, and Adrien had both been deprived like him.

He had barely heard Ethan talking about the detour, and he wasn't really worried about it until he heard Ethan talk about Leila being the tour guide. Jack was sure that it had to be all of their first time there so why, or how could Leila know where to lead them. He was then shocked to hear Leila's question that could be considered a insult. Jack had seen attitudes before, but not one like Leila had just shown off, and he could tell from the look on her face she was not sorry. He put his hand on her shoulder and whispered into her ear "Just calm down a bit, and maybe you can avoid any trouble." Then Jack turned to Ethan and said "Besides there was probably just some mistake, and Ethan would love to explain it to us."

Zero
04-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Azalia didn't know what to do when she was dragged along by Maria, to be honest idle conversation was not a strong point, not even a point at all really but she decided to try and start some kind of chit chat since Maria seemed kind and all. Before asking she readjusted her backpack since it was about to fall off her arm, she didn't have a chance to get a good hold before she began being dragged along. She thought for a moment and then realized though she was coming to the school she didn't know much about the classes and such so she took a deep breath and spoke.

"Um, I was wondering what the class schedule was like" Her voice was much softer than you would expect from her looks but it was easily explained, she rarely talked so when she did it ended up sounding a bit faint and sometimes even a bit hard to understand but she had made sure to speak up clearly this time actually interested in the response Maria would give. Mostly because she hoped classes were not heavy and really she just wanted to run around and play her music, even tend to a few flowers if possible. Honestly she wasn't that big into school but she was sent here and she would try to get along.

And even though she was trying to think about questions and listen for the response she felt her eyes darting around at all the beautiful sights around her, she was hoping, no sure, it would just become more beautiful the farther in she got and she hoped even the academy would be nice since it had been said to be amazing.

calamosis
04-27-2011, 01:58 AM
Adrian had been about to put in one earbud from the ipod Jack had handed to him, about to figure out the device in his hand... He stopped, however, his body completely freezing. Seeing the trees outside.... They were huge! His jaw dropped open; how in heavans name had no one said anything about this!

Adrian could hardly pay any mind to Jack's attention, nor their guide (Erik? Ivan? Eth.... Something....), who was trying to explain something to them. He could hardly wait to get out there! Maybe they did field work at the school? Perhaps he'd find some trees to himself to hide in should he need to escape reality.

Adrian briefly recalls the days when his mother would throw things, call him horrible, obcene names that his young mind couldn't even identfy. He remembers when his father took up drinking for a time and would sometimes hit him. At the time, the only outlet that Adrian had was climbing. Higher and higher, hidden amongst the branches of the trees in the park, not quite walking distance from his house.

He'd climb, and only pay attention the branch after him and the one before. Nothing else, until he would reach the top, and just stay, until either a parent was screaming for him to come down or they called the fire department to get him down again.

He half smiled at the memory, then was suddenly shaken out of his thoughts by Leila's sharp comment next to him. He raised his eyebrows slightly at her tounge. Well, that's a bit unexpected.... He shook his head, actually attentive now that this (even indirectly) involved him.

Koti~
04-27-2011, 02:34 AM
Devin was staring out the window and was absorbed in into the forest, looking all the world bored out of his mind. His mind was taken out of his reverie when the girl shouted out loud about not wanting to give a tour around school because of not knowing the place at all. He glanced back at her and then looked at the man sitting who was looking out the window. Devin glanced out the window to see that he was staring intently at the tree line, seeming to be absorbed into the forest as it whizzed by.

Devin didn't see much into the forest, as he had no real love for the forest itself. He knew that some of the oldest machines had come from wood, which inspired him, by the forest itself held no interest in him.

'Wonder what they use to power the door locks' Devin thought to himself, feeling some anticipation into getting onto the school grounds. Not for the sake of learning what the teachers would try to force into his head, but what technology they used at this school to teach. Projectors using 3DHD graphics with specialized interactive screens to change the layout and the view of the object. His mind went into a daze thinking about the technology that they would be using, his hands tapping repeatedly on his knees, wanting to dissect and reassemble the technology in question.

Tune
04-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Leila shrugged Jack's hand off her shoulder. She was irked; she never liked Ethan the first moment he opened his mouth, and she definitely held some ill feelings for him now. By now, Jack was the all around nice guy of their little group. No such thing as perfection, she thought, folding her arms over her chest, biting down on her bottom lip. The pause in the car trip was already hell, and it had only been about thirty-seconds since everyone in the car got quiet. She had made a scene. Oh well. Her dislike for the older student was apparent. She felt antsy, and tapped her foot vigorously.

She glanced around the car, everyone seeming to have got lost in something that drew their attention out the window. She leaned forward, and peered around Adrian's head. They had stopped in front of some ancient, and kind of foreboding-looking forest. Everyone, except Devin and Jack seemed transfixed by the forest. What... What kind of animals live there? she thought, staring out the window. No one seemed to ask any questions.

"Are we allowed in the forest? Can we get out and look around?" By now, she seemed to be going a little stir crazy. "I think we should get out and stretch our legs."

Her foot had stopped tapping, but she still heard the same sound. She glanced down at everyone's feet. Everyone was still except for Devin. He wants to leave, too. I want out of this car. Now. When her anger got the best of her, she wanted to seclude herself from the general public. It wasn't like she would go crazy if she didn't get out of the car, she just needed to. Seclusion was a coping method; it allowed her to calm down or work herself into a frenzy. Either way, she wanted out of the car, and venture into the forest. Fresh air, leg room, being away from these people; that's what she wanted.

"I think that guy by Jack -what's your name?- needs a breather." She stared at Devin, hopeful that he would agree, then looked back at Ethan.

Koti~
04-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Devin looked over as the girl seemed to mention him. He stared at her for a few seconds, and could tell that she seemed agitated. He glanced back over at Ethan, and could see that he could tell that he really didn't give a shit.

"..It's devin" Devin said, noting the girl and curling his fingers into his palms. His fingers were getting a bit sore and he could tell that his drumming fingers were at least making the girl annoyed. He went back to staring out the window, thinking of other times that he had been with people who had found him interesting.

Whenever it came to him and people, he fit in as well as a flash drive in a cd reader, not at all. He could never really understand how people could live life with such flawed logic, men swoon over woman who were just large chested, yet shallow as ROM. Same with woman, but with wanting a man who was nothing like what they aspired them to be.

"So... how much longer to the academy. I'm getting .. tired" Devin said, finding that word to be truthful and much nicer than the other one he could have tossed out. He didn't want to start out with making bad friends; they always seemed to get in his hair and muck up his projects with questions and juvenile tricks.

calamosis
04-28-2011, 02:01 AM
Adrian looked back when the others started talking. Getting out? And getting the chance to see these trees a bit ( a LOT) closer? Yes, please! But there was no response; at least, not yet. E... Evan? Ivan? Their 'guide' was non-responsive as of yet, staring out the window.

It was silent, and when Devin spoke, Adrian nearly jumped. But, really, it was true. Most of them probably had jet-lag, and other than the apprehension from the new place as well as excitement from curiosity, Adrian just wanted a nap right about now.

Quietly, he thumped his head against the window, still paying mind to the others with him. It had only been for a short time, but now that the word 'tired' was in the air, he couldn't help but yawn. Just a small one at first, then a large 'sea-lion' yawn (which reminded him oddly of both his history teacher and his former science teacher) that stretched his whole face. He closed his eyes, attention drifting slightly as he had nothing to fix on. If he wasn't careful, he might even fall asleep.....

Sickly
04-28-2011, 03:21 AM
MINI UPDATE

Ethan tapped on the window. a small blue light appeared on the window pane. The blue light expanded slightly to form a small blue box labeled "DOWN". Ethan slid his finger down the glass and all the windows in the car slid down. The suddenly rush of wind was refreshing. Ethan turned to leila who was yelling some questions his way. He wasn't paying much attention but he got the gist of what she was babbling about.

"I wasn't talking about you....you weren't suposed to hear that last part." Ethan looked away. "The student who will be conducting the tour is Danny Sisk. Treat him with respect. If I hear you talk back to him I'll bypass Lord Jasker and talk directly to your parents." Ethan straightened up and continued, noticing Devin eyeing the tech like a vulture. "Ya know there's a thrift shop in Chrona Village that deals out old tech to those interested. I believe its called "AnTECHs". A retarded play on words in my opinion." Ethan relaxed.

The car was getting stuffy and even Ethan was getting the urge to dive out of the window to get away from these annoying kids, especially the girl. "Fine!" said Ethan sensing what everyone was thinking. "Driver stop the car we're getting out." The car slowly came to a stop and Ethan dragged his finger across the door frame. It lit up bright red and opened wide letting the students out into the forest. "The Second Gate is just beyond those tree's. Follow me and stay close I don't wanna lose you in this forest."

Koti~
04-28-2011, 03:42 AM
Devin watched in fascination as Ethan watched the windows roll down with a simple glide of the finger, probably using the same touch technology and motion sensors as most video game systems, but on a much higher scale. Fresh air blasted into the car as the windows slide down into the grooves in the car, giving a much sharper image of the outside and alleviating the filtered air, giving him a fresh breeze with the forest.

"Ya know there's a thrift shop in Chrona Village that deals out old tech to those interested. I believe its called "AnTECHs"" Ethan said to him, noticing him staring at the tech just shown from the window. Seconds later though, Ethan unlocked the doors again, the doors glowing a dull red as a small, barely noticeable click could be heard from the door. Devin was enthralled by the inspiration of the electronics of the car, making him want to just literally gut the stomach of this machine and check out the inner mechanisms and the light filters along with the motion sensors.

".. I'll have to check the shop out" Devin said lightly, picking up his stuff and stepping out of the car into the forest, enjoying being able to stretch his legs, familiar cramps reemerging into his legs from days he would spend hours working on a project, to make sure that everything worked perfectly with the system.

Tune
04-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Leila's face paled. He would speak to her parent? She squared her jaws, ceasing her rambling. He had spoken her name without meaning to. But why? Why her name? She pushed the thought from her mind, wondering who this Danny person is. If disrespect led to her father being called, in no way would she utter a sound.

"Thank you," she muttered to Ethan, sliding out behind Adrian, her laptop in tow.

She stepped out of the way of the boys, feeling dwarfed by some of their heights. The statistics for the growth of men in certain locations of the world had risen considerably in the last few hundred years or more. She forgot the exact statistics. She looked up at the forest's canopy. She estimated the height of the trees to be around one-hundred feet, thriving with animals, and insects who adjusted to the climate of this place. Where were they, exactly? She figured Ethan and the others would never divulge the secret coordinates to Eden Academy, and the thought sent a chill down her spine. Secrets lead to secret societies, she thought, glancing towards Ethan, then back towards the car whose mysterious tech seemed all too suspicious.

calamosis
04-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Adrian lifted his head, yawning slowly, when the others started to converse. He grinned slightly at the (very, very good) idea of walking the rest of the way back. As soon as the doors opened, he slipped out, eagerly walking towards one of the nearby trees. Leila seemed to be doing the same, actually. Maybe she wasn't so bad, after all....

Adrian nearly laughed aloud at this, but stilled his mind once more to look over the looming mass in front of him. He'd heard of the Redwood in Califonia being big, but this was just ridiculous! How had nobody said anything about this, again? These trees were large enough to be famous, easily!

Wait.... No one had bothered to say anything about these trees. Why? It didn't make sense. It would attract students, surely.... And, on a second thought, whoever lived here or knew about this place (that still had an actual claim to it), would probably get loads of donations from eager scientists for samples, or even a chance to glimpse this place.

And yet, a school? One that didn't even ask the students to pay for their education? Hmm.... It seemed odd, but.... Maybe he was over-thinking this.... Perhaps.....

Either way, the others were moving on, so Adrian stretched his legs to keep up. They weren't moving too fast, so it was easy to catch them. He thought he could see a bit of the 'Second Gate' they were supposed to arrrive at. Adrian glanced behind him, pining to head back and examine things, explore a little.... Ah, but alas, he couldn't. Later, though, when all classes were out and assignments were fininshed, maybe he could sneak off and find a little corner of peace for himself....

Evladimira183
04-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Hmm... she thought, watching the other two girls. The guide, (was it "Maria?") had grabbed her hand quite tightly. Holly very near pulled her hand back for shock, but thought better of it. Best to keep polite and smile through anything she said. She did listen, though. She heard the other girl ask some sort of question to do with the timetable, and to herself she thought, I wonder what it really is like? She decided to also ask about it, although she hadn't given Maria a chance to answer the girl's question. Since Maria had put her hand down, she rubbed it gently, a red mark showing up on her tender pale skin. "Yeah...What's it like? Like, how many lessons do we get each day, how big is our lunch break, if we get one?" She watched Maria, and watched the other girl, she'd have to ask what her name was. If Holly didn't at least try to make friends, she'd never find any. As she'd learned from the past,nobody wanted to make friends with you until you want to make friends with them. She decided she'd wait until the questions were answered, maybe until they were at this café Maria had mentioned, before she'd ask the girl some questions. Besides, she thought, Maria would need a break from questions by then!

Sickly
05-02-2011, 03:57 PM
UPDATE
(Post or Killer Bunny will maim you!)

Ethan swayed slightly in the breeze as he lead the kids up the hill into the forest. He felt dizzy. As he turned to the kids to check on them. His eyes flashed a golden glow. "Oh no." thought Ethan

Leila! Stop!........She kept on walking.....Her hand passed through the door and she continued.......She turns her head mouths the words "I'm Sorry".....she passes through the door....

Ethan's body began to spasm suddenly as he fell to the ground. His eye's rolled back and his spine arched. Saliva and foam poured from his mouth. Sweat drenched his clothes as the spasms continue. "Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrhhhhhaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhh" Ethan screamed, the pain was incredible.

Then silence, Ethan body went still the kids slowly walked up to Ethan, careful not to touch him they were in shocked, Adrien was sick at the sight of Ethans eyes which were so far into his head that he could see the stalks of his eyes, normally meant to be behind the eyes.

Ethan eye's rolled back suddenly and his mouth gaped, his teeth were stained red from biting his tongue. Blood pooled out from his mouth. Suddenly the blood gushed from his mouth and he grabbed the closest person to him, Jack, and pulled him down. "Get Help! GO! The gate is beyond those tree's. Get Ashley Adessin. Jack, Adrien, Devin, Leave!! Leila, Stay Here! Find me a stick to bite down on. Its coming. THE FIRE IS COMING!!!"

Ethan's back arched again and the spasms rocked through his body.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maria glanced upwards for a moment her brow furrowed something bothered her. "Somethings wrong."

Maria's attention came back to the girls in her care. "What? Oh, yeah that well I don't know exactly but everything concerning you school will be decided after the first week. The school allows student one week to get settled in and another week to prepare for classes."

The girls walked down to the Harbor overlooking the Eden Lake. They stopped at a local Cafe and got drinks. Maria Looked over to island in the middle of the lake. "Ya know, there are no real strict class schedules at Eden Academy. The professors hold day-long classes once a week all you have to do is show up, access the material at your Desk Com and catch up with the rest of the class after completing a designated amount of work on the Desk Com, you're free to go. I find it best to start early and get the work out of the way so I can enjoy my day. You can go to class at any point in the day as long as you make it in before mandatory curfews If you miss a class the Disciplinary commitee will rain hell down upon you and you will go on their blacklist. So try not to miss a class."

Maria ordered and Iced Tea and sat back. "Order anything you want girls, I sent out a text to one of my friends, Ashley Adessin She should be here in a minute....

Koti~
05-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Devin had been walking along quietly, not really paying attention anything besides his feet, his hands in the pockets of his pants. He slightly hated getting out of the car, but even he now and then needed to stretch his legs, if it was to only alleviate the numbness in them. He was wrenched from his slightly hynotic state by the sound of someone hitting the ground. He looked up in time to see Ethan fall over onto the ground, writhing in pain and agony, a inhuman scream ripping through his throat.

Shocked at the pain that Ethan was in, he moved forward slowly, noting the others moving carefully as well. He stopped a few feet from Ethan, not sure of what to do, not sure if the man was even alive. He could see the stalks of his eyeballs, and was almost physically sick to his stomach, only having seen them in pictures, not this up close. Before he could even rest his hand on his stomach, Ethan lurched forward like a demon rising from the grave, his teeth stained red and blood trailing down his gaping mouth. The man latched onto one of the other boys, whose name he had not taken care to know, and told him to get help.

Ethan told the other boy and himself to go as well, asking for the girl to stay (seeing as she was the only one he didn't look at yet. He should really try to get to know their names at least). Spurred into action to help the man, and to some degree to get away from the frightening visage, he nodded and dropped his back on the ground, thinking it would be easier to run with out constantly having something slamming into his back with every step.

Devin moved around Ethan, who had doubled over in pain, and took off down the road, watching the ground carefully to avoid any rocks or pits, not noticing if any of the others had decided to follow. All he know was that their tour guide needed help, and he doubted any of them knew how to take care of a situation like that, himself especially.

((bit long, but I love detailing this kind of stuff))

Tune
05-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Leila was right to have wanted out of the car. How could she have possibly missed such gigantic trees looming around them? She shook her head; she must have been blind. Everyone in there group was quiet, lost in their own thoughts or taking in the scenery as she was. Turning her attention from the forest around her, she looked ahead of them. Ethan was swaying unsteadily on his feet. Must be a flu bug floating around, she thought until Ethan collapsed on the ground, withering from pain.

She and the other group approached Ethan slowly. He was spasming on the ground. her stomach lurched a bit. His eyes rolled into the back of his head, and he shrieked loud enough to make her flinch. She had seen people having seizures before in her city, usually by mistake, but this was no ordinary seizure. Ethan was bleeding from his mouth, his teeth stained with his own blood. He barked orders in his state, sending the boy's off to get help from Ashley? She didn't know who that was, but she was stuck with Ethan, alone in the forest as the boys ran to get help.

She crouched down, and laid her laptop on the ground near him. He asked for a stick, and she could only wonder if his screams of pain would get worse. It should have been easy to find a stick laying on the ground, being they were in a forest and all, but the trees refused to shed their limbs. She had to think fast. She couldn't bare to hear him scream again, or be in so much pain. She couldn't relieve his pain, but she could at least do as he wished. She removed her school blazer, and knelt down beside Ethan.

"I couldn't find a stick, so you will have to bite down on my jacket."

enaz
05-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Jack followed the others out of the car while watching his surroundings. He was transfixed and astounded by how big the trees were. Jack's mind started to wonder about how long it would take for him to reach the top of the tree's if he tried to climb one. Jack was starting to et a urge to take what he called a smoke break,but he didn't want the others to know about it yet. He slowly came to the realization that he was falling way behind and ran to catch up with the est of the group.

When Jack caught up with the rest of the group he saw Ethan start spasming and fall on the ground. Jack was shocked, and him and the rest of the students walked up to Ethan slowly. Jack didn't know what to do and was worried about what to do to help Ethan. Jack was the closest one to Ethan and was grabbed by him. Jack listened closely to the instructions, while getting blood on his face. Jack stood and ran through the woods looking for the gate Ethan had told him about. Jack ran wit all he was worth and bust through the woods and saw a Black fence that you would see infront of a mansion except for the fact that this one stood up to twenty feet and had spikes at the top of each. He ran through screaming at the top of his lungs "Ashley Adessin! Come Quick Ethan needs help." Jack screamed this while running through the village.

Koti~
05-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Devin marveled at the pure size of the village, taken aback by the black wrought iron fence adorning the gate way. He looked over to see that at least one of the other boys had followed, the one who Ethan had clung to and asked for him to find the person, most likely a girl. He nodded in approval as his voice bellowed across the village.

Devin stopped for a minute to catch his breath, not being one for physical shape. He watched as the other man headed down the street way, running while repeating the shout over and over again.

'If he is going to run like that.. I think I'll take the other route' Devin thought to himself, having caught his breath and his legs had stopped burning for a bit. He took off down a branching road, heading in a perpendicular path to the one that the other boy was running in, taking a second to fill his lungs with air

"Ashley Adessin! Ethan needs your help, where are you!" He bellowed, drawing many odd looks to himself, yet he continued moving. A small portion of his mind started to think in overdrive of all the possible ways to broad cast his message over the whole village, yet he had none of the mechanics needed to do so, or even the time really, from what he had seen.

calamosis
05-03-2011, 04:41 AM
Adrian was shocked out of his good mind when Ethan started spasming. He really he know clue what to do. It was unanticipated; and though he had seen worse, it had never been on a live person before. His stomach surely wanted itself outside of him with the way it seemed to be clawing at the back of his throat.

Adrian listened attentively when Ethan came to, however brief it was. He obviously realized precisely what he needed, and from whom. He didn't like leaving only the two on their own out here, but it was the only way to help.

Much like the others, Adrian took off running as fast as his legs could carry him. The forest flashed by, and it was amazing that he didn't trip or fall over any roots. He quickly overtook Devin, but Jack made it to the village long before either of them. Instead of spritnig off like the others, however, he slowed a bit, looking at the startled people that Jack and Devin had passed by. He could hardly notice the scenery; he was starting to get a touch of tunnel-vision.

So, he took a few deep breaths to settle his mind before walking straight up to one of the disgruntled people. He didn't waste any time. "Do you happen to know where a student named Ashely--", he paused, trying to recall the name in the near-panic, when he finally remembered, "Adessin. A girl named Ashely Adessin?" At first, the people didn't have clue what he was talking about. It didn't help that he refused to answer their questions.

About three streets down and eight groups of strangers in, someone gave him some healthy advice. The school was down the street; if she was a student, she would be there. Simple, sound advice. Well.

So he ran to the building, and as he did, he noticed more and more of the strangers around him were closer to his age. So, he stopped, asking for the girl as hurriedly as he dared without making a mess of things.

I hope I can find her soon.... Please let Lady Luck to turn her kind eye on me.... Even if it is for a guy I don't know. If it's the only thing I can do.... Then please, let me find this girl.

Sickly
05-09-2011, 03:15 PM
UPDATE

Ethan grabbed stick nearby and jammed it into his mouth. "Useless girl!" He groaned as more pain was pumped through out his body. Suddenly his jaw clenched and crushed the wood in his mouth.

"Nothing but a key to the secrets of Echo. Eden will lose its present and live in the past. First Destruction, Second Death, Third Pain, Fourth Sorrow. Three keys are made, the god, the ghost, and the Sage. They unite and bring down the door."

Ethan sat up and grabbed Leila "I'm sorry Leila." Ethan stared into her eyes intently. his posture relaxed and what she saw weren't the eyes of the guy who had done nothing but aggravate and threaten her. No, These eye's were of someone who had been to hell and back. Ethan got to his feet and pulled up Leila gently. She so astounded by his sudden recovery from a severe epileptic seizure and his strange speech that she didn't notice Ethan's fist as it came in hard for her abdomen. The breath was knocked from her lungs and Leila blacked out.

Ethan walked for five minutes until he came across a small clearing. In the middle of the clearing was a Large pond and a dock stretching out to its center. It would have been serene and beautiful if it weren't for a certain person dipping her feet into the cool waters. "I should kill you were you stand Ethan." Ethan set the unconscious Leila on the ground careful not the wake her, he walked toward the girl on the dock. "I had no way of knowing Lord Jasker would show up." The Girl turned her head, she was a beautiful blonde young woman with a feminine snake-like face. She was almost inhuman. "That's funny coming from you. You, the only man in Eden that can truly see." Ethan stepped closer. "You know as well as I do that Lord Jasker....is a special case." The girl snorted loudly "HA! You couldn't see even the outline of a dangerous situation?" Before Ethan could answer the girl noticed Leila. "Whose that?"

"I've seen her, Lily." Lily looked up at Ethan "So, what? You've seen everybody. You've even seen Lord Jasker before he got to you. That's closer than I've ever gotten. You really are-" Ethan cut her off " I've seen her at the Door, Lily." Lily shift her position and now focused all her attention on Ethan. "When?" "You know I can't get specifics." Lily's shoulders tensed then relaxed. "Fine. What do you need?"

"I need you to turn yourself in to Lord Jasker. If you behave You can probably remain as a student." Lily almost fell backwards in surprise. "What?! You can't be serious. Do you have any idea what he'll do to me after what I did?" "He won't do anything serious if you involve a Professor." Lily glanced sideways Ethan always had something up his sleeve. "I'll trust your sight just this last time. This plan involves Lord Jasker so you have no idea what he's going to do. But I'll trust your sight. However, Ethan, if this fail's I'm going to burn you."

------------------------------------

Its body was low to the ground Ashley built it as if she were going to race the Indy 500. It reached speeds of 120 but nothing around Eden was flat enough to accommodate those kinds of speed until now. "Dammit this baby was not meant for off-roading!"

She had gotten a call from Lord Jasker and Danny at the simultaneously. Something about Ethan. She knew it was serious. When it involved Ethan it was always serious. Ethan was gifted in hurting himself or others and whenever things got too out of hand she was always there to clean up his messes. Unfortunately it wasn't just Danny who told her to track down Ethan, it was Lord Jasker. Never, was it a good sign when Lord Jasker asked someone for help even if Ashley had a True Legacy in her possession.

Ashley swung down by the harbor to pick up Maria, one of a few able to take on Ethan without getting in over their heads. Her car smashed through gates and spun down an alley. She spotted them in a cafe and reversed to see Maria and two young girls staring at the destruction in Ashley's wake.

Maria glared at Ashley but before she could begin to complain Ashley spoke first. "It's Ethan." Maria bolted for the car faster than Ashley or the two new girls could react. She didn't notice the other girl in the back seat. "Hey? What going on? I thought we were going on a tour?" complained the girl in the back. Ashley spoke first. "Sorry, this is Terra Peltier, she arrived late last night so we didn't give her the tour. I was supposed to shadow her today but Lord Jasker called and here we are now." Maria was too focused to care. "Come on step on it Ethan's in trouble."

-----------------------------------------------

"Lord Jasker" Shouted Danny as he bursted into the Head masters office. Lord Jasker turned to a frantic Danny Sisk. "Calm down Danny. Whats wrong?" Danny put his hands on his knees and caught his breath. "Its Ethan, Sir! You have to Come straight away." Lord Jasker's face didn't change instead it remained as cold and still as it ever was. "Danny, I thought you were in the dorm town. How did you get here so fast?" Danny looked up at his teacher. "Sorry, Sir" Danny fell forward his knees buckling under his own weight, his bones snapping like twigs. slamming his hand down onto the intercom Lord Jasker called his secretary. "Sir?" responded a friendly female voice "Get me a miss Ashley Adessin and a Mister Aldrich Kissanger" "Yes, Sir"

Before....
Adrien was the unfortunate victim of a cruel joke, the Man hadn't directed him to the school but rather a Maintenance building. Furious Adrien ran back to the gate but failed to notice a boy intercept his path. Both boys knocked to the ground. "Hey, whats the rush?" Adrien began sputtering out what he was told by Ethan. The boy's features grew serious and he got up and helped up Adrien. "This is serious. I need you to get back to Ethan and make sure he's alright. Stay with him make sure he doesn't move. I'll contact Lord Jasker." Adrien ran back to Ethan only stopping to get Jack and Devin. Suddenly there was a bright flash and Adrien turned back, the boy disappeared.

"That's it, Sir." Lord Jasker knelt down beside the boy. "Good job Danny."

------------------------------------------------

Ethan had made his way back to the spot where he collapsed and propped Leila up against a tree. She should wake soon. "I'll tell them she fainted but i wonder if she remembers me hitting her. I hope not, but I guess I can threaten to call her father. Man, I remember reading that file, I wonder if he even told her. Probably not, he was paid quite a bit from what I heard. Quite the bastard." Ethan watched Leila stir. "You are a very special girl and you don't even know it. I sincerely hope my sight is wrong this time...for your sake." Leila's eye's opened suddenly much to Ethan's surprise. "What's going on?"

---------------------------------------------

Echo saw the hand as it reached for her. It was decaying and diseased. Echo screamed.

@Idylle
your knocked out but you may or may not have heard what Lily and Ethan were talking about in a dream...its all up to you after that you have woken up.....

@Innkeeper, Calamosis, Enaz
adrien found danny, but he mysteriously vanished after you talked to him.

@Kendric_Oka
your with Maria and Ashley in the car racing towards Ethan's position

@evladimira, Zero
your lack of posts have made me sad. so you've been left in the cafe sipping tea. if you feel like posting then you can talk to each other and perhaps explore the harbor. you miss and update again and you will be forgotten.

Tune
05-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Leila glared down at Ethan. Even when he is in the throes of pain and agony, he still had the uncanny knack at rattling her cage. He managed to find a stick, and bit down on it so hard it snapped. She shook her head. Serves him right, she thought, putting her jacket back on. He didn't deserve to ruin the fabric with his blood and saliva anyhow. Her father would have been pissed if she came home with blood on her jacket for any reason.

"I'm sorry, Leila." She never knew Ethan was capable of apologizing to anyone, especially her. He pulled her to her feet, and stared into her eyes. His sudden change in demeanor was more than enough to astound her. He was human enough to apologize and show emotions, but that didn't last for long. She hit a sudden pain in her stomach, and she blacked out.

She stirred, her eyes took a few moments to adjust to the fragments of light filtering in from the forest's canopy. Her stomach ached, and she felt groggy. Last thing she remembered was Ethan's recovery and his eyes. She wasn't ready to focus on anything. She didn't even remember blacking out. Ethan's a schizo, she thought. She looked around, and really gathered where she was. She was in the same place she was last time with Ethan, but he wasn't on the ground anymore. He was standing where he collapsed, looking like he was in full health.

"What's going on?" Leila asked, looking up at Ethan.

calamosis
05-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Adrian was exhausted. He was completely burnt out. And here he was, running around like a chicken that lost it's head. He had snagged Jack and Devin (mostly by luck; apparently he was on the Lady's good side today) and after exlplaining what had happened, they were all heading back to Ethan. Adrian had explained the situation to the other two, but.... The strange encounter had him transfixed. He wasn't entirely sure how it had all happened. He had quite a few questions regarding what went on at this school....

He didn't bother with looking behind himself; he was running, yet again, and if the others could keep up that was great. If not, boo-hoo. He wasn't going to risk something else happening to their guide while they werenn't there. What if something had happened the Leila could handle on her own? Yes, and what if pigs could fly? He knew he shouldn't worry so much; they were going at a good pace (for being on foot on this terrain, at least) and if something happened, then it happened.

He snorted softly to himself between breaths. Since when did he care so much? Who knew he could care this much, anyway? Especially about a stranger! What was in the water that made him so...empathetic? Maybe it's just pathetic, around here... Either way, he made a mental note to keep surely to himself when classes were actually in session. I can't afford to get soft at a time like this! What would happen if someone tries to backstab me if I was soft? I would fall to it. End of sory....

His train of thought was broken off all too abruptly. He stopped so suddenly that he nearly tripped over his own feet. There was Ethen, standing with his back to him. Standing with his back to him.

...What?

Adrian was stunned once again. What? How?! He had been writhing and screaming in pain when I last saw him! Why...? And he saw it.

Rather, he saw her. Leila was lying on the ground, presumably unconscious. Ethan was supposed to be right there, and yet he was standing.... Adrian, still panting, could only stare.

What is happening?

Sickly
05-13-2011, 11:58 PM
"I'm sure Your all pretty worried about me but i can assure you that even though my....little episodes are rather violent, then end quickly." Ethan spat into the ground his saliva still red from when he bit his tongue. "Sorry for you guys to see me like this....I..uh, forgot to take my pills this morning." Ethan looked over to a confused Leila. "You fainted, it was quite inconvenient, I read your file. I was hoping your would be used to some stress, but I guess you really are just a little girl."

Ethan noticed a worn out Adrian "Where are the others?"

Koti~
05-14-2011, 01:33 AM
Devin was panting, eyes focused lower to the ground to keep himself from falling over the odd twig or stick. He now remembered why he hated running so much. It was too physical for him, not enough mental work, to mind numbing. He enjoyed doing some physical work now and the, but it mainly revolved around either gutting an engine or building one by scratch.

He continued running though, listening to others panting in near silence, their heavy footfalls thudding on the dirt packed road. He continued with a sense of urgency, but questioned himself though. He didn't understand why he felt so worried about one person. He didn't even like people that much, so why was this one person so important.

He figured it because of the freak out, probably had scarred its image into his head, that he wanted to resolve it soon to get the visage out of his head, to just get it over with. Humans were too variant for him, press one wrong button and they went off like a nuclear war head.

He came to a stop, leaning over and resting his hands on his knees, taking deep breaths carefully. He had learned a few tricks to help slow down his breathing, due to marching band. He needed the extra curricular credit and marching band seemed a good way to earn that, while still having to think and work at the same time.

Looking up, he was perplexed by what he had seen, apperantly missing some part of the conversation. Ethan was standing, dirt covered yet looking healthy, well as healthy as a person who just had a seizure could look. He also saw Leila, *was that her name?* looking like she had just woken up from a fainting spell, looking perplexed and groggy.

"W...what did I miss?" He said, still resting on his knees and still taking deep breaths, making them shorter then longer at a 4 beat tempo.

Tune
05-14-2011, 04:06 AM
Adrian and Devin had ran up minutes apart from each other, panting from the physical exertion. She didn't know if they found the girl Ethan sent them after or not, but Jack was still missing. Ethan had pushed her buttons one to many times. I'm not a little girl, she thought, scowling. She pushed herself up, using the tree as a temporary crutch. She rubbed her sore stomach, wondering what happened. Some things didn't seem right at all. Jack wasn't here. Ethan looked like he had never been twitching on the ground, and she supposedly had fainted.

"I don't know what the hell happened, but I know something's not right," she said, walking towards the boys. "But you'll never tell us what happened. As for me being a little girl, you don't know what the hell I went through, so you can..." She shook her head. Ethan wasn't worth a call home to her father.

He's almost as bad as my dad. Today was horrible. The plane trip was no where near as bad as what she experienced when Ethan was around. It had probably been an hour since they arrived, and she had already been put through hell. Devin and Adrian hadn't been there when she woke up, and missed half the conversation. Shaking her head, she walked away past the nearest tree line, needing a moment alone. What she wouldn't do to be far away from here right now. Life back home with her father started to feel better than being stressed out here.

When she was home, the only person she had to worry about was her father. Now, she had to worry about new classes, a dorm room, allowance, possible disciplinary actions, and on top of that, social interactions around here were one of two things: awkward or stressful. Devin and Adrian were quiet like she preferred, Jack was a flirt and a nice guy but talked a lot. Ethan was a whole other story. Why couldn't she have stayed behind with that girl? After all the excitement, she couldn't remember her name.

enaz
05-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Jack had spent so much time running and screaming that his throat felt raw,and he was exhausted but he was glad when he found Adrien, and Devon running around. They all had set back off towards the spot where they had left Ethan, but Jack felt bad that he hadn't found the girl, and thought that Ethan may be long dead by now. While running through the village everyone looked at him like he was insane and no one even thought of directing him in the right direction.

Jack had slowed down a bit and let Devon, and Adrien walk through the tree line because he saw Ethan standing like nothing had ever happened to him. He slowly backed back into the woods and took all his anger out on a tree because he still flt like a failure. He kept pounding the tree with his fist until his hands, and the tree were covered in his own blood. He slowly sank down to the ground wiping the tears from his eyes leaving a long smear of blood on his face. He slowly reached in his pocket and pulled out a cigarette lighting it and taking slow puffs to make it last. He then saw Lela walk through the tree line, but he din't even try to hide the cigarette and just looked at her. Jack kept thinking that she was going to criticize him on not being able to find the girl Adrien had sent him looking for so he prepared himself.

Koti~
05-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Devin was at a complete loss as to what to do. The girl, Leila, had stormed off in anger after yelling at Ethan for being called a little girl and about her troubling past. Devin blinked a few times, before pinching himself on the cheek. Nope, he was awake, so he hadn't slipped into an exhausted sleep.

"Seems like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Devin said, sitting down with a thump on the dirt ground. Fishing around in his pocket, he pulled out what looked like a chopstick sawed in half. He rested it on his lips and took in a deep breath, closing his eyes while doing so.

He had gotten the strange habit from needing to have something to keep a small portion of his mind distracted while he worked, and this was the first thing that had come to mind. He had hated cigarettes from watching his father smoke them all the time, yet he had picked up the strange habit from the prolonged silence of working around machines, since machines didn't speak to him.

calamosis
05-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Adrian, obviously, didn't have to answer Ethan's question, as the other two arrived behind him. He silently watched Leila and Ethan a moment, holding abnormally still. Looking between the lot of people that surrounded him, he turned and, ignoring the fuming girl, plopped down right next to Jack. He seemed to be the most effected of this, next to (maybe....) Leila, and he had been nice to Adrian.

He didn't say anything to the silence that followed moments after his sudden self-invitation. Quietly, he pulled out Jack's ipod, flipping through the songs on there, and deciding on one. It wasn't his usual type, but he decided he liked it. It was a song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uia8Vt46qkE) by 'Blue October'; slow, but not overly so. It sounded nice. Calming. He just passed an earbud to Jack without a word.

Adrian let himself slump against the tree, drained. Noticing Jack's hands, he gives him a worried glance, hoping that he was alright. He was wishing he had some social skills right about now; he had no idea how to comfort the boy next to him. Just wishing Jack wasn't pissed definitely wasn't enough, after what had happened.

Normally, he'd still be stoic, even after the kindness Jack showed him, but right now he felt pretty shook up. Plus, jet-lag was getting to him; after all that panic, it was amazing he wasn't falling asleep were he was. Then again, none of that could excuse his sudden worry. (If he was honest with himself, though, he would've realized that he really did worry for Jack anyway; the guy just seemed too empathetic for his own good.)

Soon, Ethan would probably get over here and yell at them to get going, but Adrian really didn't care right now. Well. It wasn't just an excuse, then. He was tired, and even as he had the thought, he yawned widely, trying in vain to cover it with his hand. He wasn't sure he'd be able to stay awake for the tour, but.... Maybe, after that hell, they would hold off until tomorrow...? He hoped so....

Sickly
05-22-2011, 01:01 AM
UPDATE
Post NOW!

"What the hell are you two doing?" Ethan walked up to both the boys and grabbed the cigarettes out of their mouths. You can smoke when your both old enough." Ethan grimaced he wondered how they snuck cigarettes past security. Nevermind that though, his actions drove each of the group into the ground mentally he had actually physically harmed Leila but she sort of deserved it. Ethan chuckled at the thought. "Look guys I know your all exhausted and I think its best that I cancel the tour here wait for Maria and Ashley to show up and pick us up. Besides its getting close to the Freshman Mandatory Curfew, I'm gonna take you to your dorms." Ethan stared at the road just past the tree line "Adrien, Jack Come with me we're gonna make sure Maria and Ashley know where we are. Devin go get Leila Tell her the tour is over and we going to the Dorms for the night."

------------------------------------------

Ashley's Car speeded down the road kicking up dust and debris as it went. "I don't think we should be moving this fast Ash." Ashley barely heard her over the sound of the engine. "I know Maria but Ethan's in trouble and....and well HOT DAMN I LOVE THE THIS BABY PUTS OUT." Maria stared at her friend for a moment Ashley was always a bit of a wild girl. Maria Looked back at the two girls in the back of the car.......wait this wasn't a car. "YOU PIMPED A FREAKIN LIMO ASHLEY!!!" Ashley smiled "So?" Maria couldn't believe this Lord Jasker was gonna have her hide for this. "Nevermind just get there already." Ashley's smile grew wider pushed harder on the gas peddle. Maria involuntarily jammed her foot into a nonexistant Brake peddle. "I don't wanna die today."

Maria felt odd all off a sudden and without warning the car stopped dead and began to reverse....

-------------------------------------------

Echo's eye's glowed gold for a moment but the decaying hand hadn't faltered on its path to her throat. "No. No. Your not real." The Hand was inches from touching her throat, her soft delicate skin." Her eye's changed from gold to red. "GO. AWAY."

--------------------------------------------

Reality Shifted.

--------------------------------------------

Devin had gone to get Leila until he noticed her coming back.....backwards. Then his body stopped moving forward and his feet lifted off the ground and started moving backwards. Perfectly conscious but unable to control his movements Devin's began to retrace his steps without his mental command to do so.

Confused and exhausted Leila felt the exhaustion leave her suddenly as she was pulled back by some unseen force. Paralyzed yet still moving Leila's body reversed itself of its own accord.

Adrian was about to take five to himself to catch his breath but found himself on his feet suddenly. and moving around in a weird fashion. He thought perhaps he was a bit dizzy but quickly took that back when his body began moving backward.

Jack walked forward for a bit, absentmindedly and failed to notice the movement his body was making. He was a bit pissed that Ethan had taken his Cigarette. He was even more pissed when he finally noticed his body moving around without his consent.

Their movements began to speed up and the world became a terrible blur. All four felt as if every atom in their bodies was being compressed until they all blacked out.

-------------------------------------------

Adrien was the first to wake, then Jack, then Leila, Devin. Two other new faces appeared but the four didn't recognize them. It was Rose and Terra. They all looked at each other strangely then peered around at their surroundings.

The Plane.

They were all back on the plane. It had landed and the air hostesses were readying their Baggage. Despite being terribly confused They were quickly rushed out of the Plane where Maria and Ethan stood waiting their arrival.

Ethan and Maria stared at the new recruits as they started to exit the plane. Ethan smirked "New meat." "Quiet Ethan, they are problably very nervous as it is, lets not add to it." Maria whispered back. "Fine, fine, but if they deserve it I may not be able to help myself." Maria glared at Ethan until he turned and hid from her gaze.

As the new students came up Ethan leaned in for a closer look and was surprised when one girl began firing off questions. "First of all-" said Ethan interrupting the girl in mid-sentence. "Shut-up, second, you will speak when spoken to, third-" Suddenly Maria tackled Ethan from the side knocking him to the ground. "Woooo huh, sorry about that Ethan tends to get carried away. First of all, Introductions: My name is Maria Henesy and my buddy on the ground here is Ethan Fount. Welcome to the Eden Academy Campus."

The same everything was the same. Except for two other students which there four could not remember ever being there before. Maria frowned slightly "Is something the matter you all look as if you've seen a ghost."

Koti~
05-24-2011, 02:21 PM
“The fuck” Were the first words out of his mouth once the whole situation finally clicked into place. They had just been through this over past 4 hours, and now… there were new people, and as well, Ethen and the girl.. Maria… didn’t seem to recognize them.

“What the fuck is going on here” Devin said again. He remembered what had gone on after all of this, the car ride, Ethans violent and strange episode, plus what had happened after that, which had still left him scratching his head in sheer puzzling. The last thing he could remember after having his chopstick ground into the dirt for being confused with a cigarette, was being told to get Leila. He tried to think of what happened afterwards, but his mind went into a spiraling tailspin, and he gave up at that point, not wanting to over kill his brain.

“Does this island have a rewind button?” Devin asked, trying to understand what was going on, because nothing else seemed to make sense. He absentmindedly pulled out the half a chopstick and placed it to his lips, trying to bring some sort of stability into his world. If there was one thing he hated, was déjà vu, mainly because he didn’t like the aspect of doing the exact same things over again. He had built a personal world around himself of always tinkering with something new or nostalgic, making sure to found some new thing in it. But to have everything unwind and restart exactly as it had happened… that just killed him inside.

Tune
05-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Leila's head was spinning as she stood in front of Ethan, and Maria again, watching the girl tackle Ethan to the ground like she did earlier. For the second time in one day, Ethan had told her to shut up. She recalled what happened before; Ethan's seizure, the boy's being told to take off to find some girl named Ashley, waking up, being insulted and now this.

Devin was the first one to speak. He sounded mad, and annoyed. The group was together again, just like they were before, but there were new girls with them that Leila never saw before. Her temper had died out after all the torment her quick tongue caused her, so she instead stayed quiet, looking down at the ground. She didn't like the feeling of déjà vu. She never thought of déjà vu being anything but superstition and nonsense that she was taught to disconcert.

She waited for the others to speak up, hoping the questions she never got to ask would be brought up. Eden Academy was turning into one of the weirdest private academies she ever attended, and she felt overwhelmed.

Sickly
05-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Ethan put his hand to his forehead "Wait, did I-did I already say that?" Maria looked around to Ethan." Are you being weird again Ethan?" asked Maria innocently. Ethan felt dizzy for a moment and staggered into Maria using her for support. "Somethings happened." Maria studied Ethan for a while until what he was feeling hit her full force. "Ashley... where's Ashley?...the car. Uunnh." Maria fell to her knees and threw up. Ethan tried to regain his composure to help Maria to her feet. "I think we should all go to the Dorms and wait til tomorrow for the tour. We aren't all exactly well at the moment. My body feels as if I've been through the ringer and Maria....well Maria isn't feeling well either. I'm going to call a limo to take you to the Dorms

enaz
05-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Jack awoke and rolled over on to his chest looking around. "What the hell is going on?" Jack asked. He had a look on his face to were if looks could kill someone would be dead. He was still ticked about loosing a cigarette to Ethan, but when he reached into his pocket they were all there. He smiled and laughed triumphantly not caring how crazy he seemed. Jack then came to the realization that there were two other people on the plane that he had never seen before.

calamosis
05-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Adrian didn't know what to do. The world stopped turning, surely. Or...something. What in hell was going on!? He reviewede what he knew. One minute he was walking with Jack and Ethan, then the....backwards-thing...He didn't know what to even call it. Whatever. ...Darkness for seemingly moments before a flight attandant, of all things, shook him awake. What just happened!?

Apparently, the others were in the same shock. They looked like he felt; zombies after a car wreck. Wait, were those kids there before? What? His head pounding and his thoughts chasing themselves in circles around his head like angry cats he just gathered amognst his peers. This was crazy....

When he saw Ethan and Maria, acting the same way they had before everything had went down, he was frozen. He could barely breath; he could see them so clearly. In his minds eye, they were just the same. Devin spoke, and Adrian could've kissed him. It was different, this, from what had happened that first time. It made his own mouth open for a moment.

Until Maria threw up, of course.

He recoiled invouluntarily, leaning away slightly. Well. Yuck. Train of thought derailed.... But when Ethan suggested they move on, he stepped forward. Waiting for the other kids to file past him (at least, most of them), he turns to Ethan, who is still supporting Maria.

When he thought they had a vauge sense of privacy, he spoke, lowering his voice so that others couldn't overhear, "Alright. I don't want to say this, but even if Maira just had a case of food poisoning, I really don't care." He frowns slightly, making a motion to silence anything they had to say. "I don't know about the others," gesturing to the others who had been with him in this--Leila, Devin?, Jack--"but I am just about fed up with this. I'm not moving another inch until one of you explains what the hell just happened."

He pauses a moment, crossing his arms. "I really don't care if I get sent back, either" he flashed a devilish grin at the two,"It'd be better than a second trip of unexplained time-travel. After all, I don't think we all just shared the same goddamned dream."

His grin falls, pulling into a confused scowl. "What I'd really like to understand, though, is why everything just happened." Putting another false grin, he finished with a overly sweet tone coloring his words, "Explain, please?"

Wullfe Savage
05-28-2011, 05:05 AM
PRIOR TO TOUCHDOWN
Before landing at Eden Academy

For the fair haired teenager much of the airplane ride had been spent in a haze. The news that he had been accepted into, and would be attending Eden Academy had filled his thin frame with excitement. His usual boundless energy had become multiplied, to an almost tangible extent. Rolling the good news over and over in his head, he had laid awake at at night, rolling over and over in bed, unable to sleep. But sleep was the farthest thing from his mind. Unfortunately for him (but fortunately for his fellow passengers) his young body couldn't keep up with his frantic mind, and even though he tried not to, he fell into a deep sleep shortly after boarding the plane.

Throughout much of the ride he had remained unconscious, however his conscious self bubbled to the surface every now and again for a few minutes allowing him to take note of his surroundings. (...the dark haired boy who seemed... he seemed sour? ) Rose pondered, casually glancing over Adrian's slightly dour visage. "Ah well. No skin off my back. " He muttered to himself quietly while turning to drift into sleep more comfortably. Woken once more by the soft rustling of the pages of Jack's book Rose rose to stretch his legs, and caught sight of the dark skinned teen leafing through pages of The Divine Comedy. Excited by the prospect of a fellow student of literature, Rose leaned as close as he could from his seat to catch a better glimpse of Jack. After putting the book down, Jack started to sing along to The Show Goes On. Even though he sang under his breath, Rose caught the chords emanating slightly from Jack's headphones and was able to put Jack's words to the music. ( And he's a fan of Lupé? I think I've just found my first friend here! )

Before he's able to approach Jack , Rose is caught unawares by the admonition from Leila . Even though she was only addressing the stewardess, Rose felt the icy talons of fear grip his heart. Swallowing, he takes his seat once more, lest he draw the attention of the cruel redhead upon himself. ( And now we've met the resident ice queen. I don't know who she is, or who her parents are but they sure as heck raised one spoiled brat! ) Calming down slightly, Rose tries his best to relax. ( But... perhaps I'm being far too harsh upon the poor maiden. She might be experiencing her own unknown issues. Still, her reaction was rather harsh... ) Set adrift in his thoughts once more, Rose was brought back to the present by the tinkering of Devin . Craning his neck to catch a glimpse of the student, Rose finds he can't quite get a good look. Shrugging, he resigns himself to slumber for one final time before the plane lands.

AT THE PRESENT TIME
At the present time

Feeling completely refreshed Rose leaves the plane for mother earth, carrying his rather large duffel bag stuffed full of his belongings strapped over his right shoulder. As his feet hit the tarmac he stretches and groans audibly, oblivious to any glances or stares his exclamation may draw. (I feel good! This will be a good place for me!) The teen thinks to himself, while trying to take in everything around him. Unable to hide his excitement a grin finds its way to his lips, lighting his young face. As fate would have it, his cheery disposition would be leaving him soon.
“The fuck” barked Devin
“What the fuck is going on here” He continued unabashed.

Rose's spirits faltering somewhat he decides to address his rowdy schoolmate. "Listen, sir. There's no need for that sort of foul language!" Rose quipped, surprising himself. Swallowing to still his nerves the fay haired teen continues. "I can understand if you don't want to be here, and that's fine. The way you were tinkering with that outdated piece of technology on the plane-" Rose waves his hand, referencing Devin's Gameboy "-Was something I found annoying. But you don't see me cursing up a storm about it." Rolling his eyes Rose finishes his unnecessary speech. "Honestly, you're playing with a Gameboy when even the Nintendo 3DS is outdated already."

And that seemed to be the last sensible event to transpire as things start to fall apart. Everything happened quickly, Maria throwing up and the other students reactions. "Uughh!" Unable to hide his discomfort at the sight of vomit the groan escaped from Rose's lips as he tore his eyes from the colorful contents of Maria's stomach splattered across the tarmac. The wind carried some of the pungent odors straight to Rose's nose and the teen felt bile rising in his own throat. "Oh god... I think I'm going to be sick!" He mutters, while trying his hardest to contain his reaction.

Unzipping his bag with his free, left hand he reaches inside the container in one fluid motion and begins to rummage through the contents. Seeming to find what he's searching for he draws out a small plastic box. As he pops it open a soft rattle is heard. Tossing a pill from the box into his free hand he quickly takes it and feels the calming effect almost immediately. Though still far from a cure for cancer, modern medicine had advanced enough to create pills to quell most any manner of unpleasantness. Gently dropping his duffel bag Rose rushes over to the two who comprised the welcoming committee. Not really interested in much other then helping Maria, Rose doesn't pay attention to the her partner Ethan or Adrian but he does manage to catch their conversation.

"Alright. I don't want to say this, but even if Maria just had a case of food poisoning, I really don't care...I don't know about the others,...but I am just about fed up with this. I'm not moving another inch until one of you explains what the hell just happened."

"I really don't care if I get sent back, either...It'd be better than a second trip of unexplained time-travel. After all, I don't think we all just shared the same goddamned dream."

"What I'd really like to understand, though, is why everything just happened...Explain, please?"

Kneeling by the prone form of Maria Rose offers her a cloth handkerchief and a bottle of water to clean herself up with, more contents he had drawn from his duffel bag. "Here, this will help. " He explains to Maria while silently judging Adrian. ( Apparently everybody wants to be a tough guy around here.) He remarks to himself, seemingly ignoring the time travel comment.

PRIOR TO TOUCHDOWN
Before landing at Eden Academy

For the fair haired teenager much of the airplane ride had been spent in a haze. The news that he had been accepted into, and would be attending Eden Academy had filled his thin frame with excitement. His usual boundless energy had become multiplied, to an almost tangible extent. Rolling the good news over and over in his head, he had laid awake at at night, rolling over and over in bed, unable to sleep. But sleep was the farthest thing from his mind. Unfortunately for him (but fortunately for his fellow passengers) his young body couldn't keep up with his frantic mind, and even though he tried not to, he fell into a deep sleep shortly after boarding the plane.

Throughout much of the ride he had remained unconscious, however his conscious self bubbled to the surface every now and again for a few minutes allowing him to take note of his surroundings. (...the dark haired boy who seemed... he seemed sour?) Rose pondered, casually glancing over Adrian's slightly dour visage. "Ah well. No skin off my back." He muttered to himself quietly while turning to drift into sleep more comfortably. Woken once more by the soft rustling of the pages of Jack's book Rose rose to stretch his legs, and caught sight of the dark skinned teen leafing through pages of The Divine Comedy. Excited by the prospect of a fellow student of literature, Rose leaned as close as he could from his seat to catch a better glimpse of Jack. After putting the book down, Jack started to sing along to The Show Goes On. Even though he sang under his breath, Rose caught the chords emanating slightly from Jack's headphones and was able to put Jack's words to the music. (And he's a fan of Lupé? I think I've just found my first friend here!)

Before he's able to approach Jack, Rose is caught unawares by the admonition from Leila. Even though she was only addressing the stewardess, Rose felt the icy talons of fear grip his heart. Swallowing, he takes his seat once more, lest he draw the attention of the cruel redhead upon himself. (And now we've met the resident ice queen. I don't know who she is, or who her parents are but they sure as heck raised one spoiled brat!) Calming down slightly, Rose tries his best to relax. (But... perhaps I'm being far too harsh upon the poor maiden. She might be experiencing her own unknown issues. Still, her reaction was rather harsh...) Set adrift in his thoughts once more, Rose was brought back to the present by the tinkering of Devin. Craning his neck to catch a glimpse of the student, Rose finds he can't quite get a good look. Shrugging, he resigns himself to slumber for one final time before the plane lands.

AT THE PRESENT TIME
At the present time

Feeling completely refreshed Rose leaves the plane for mother earth, carrying his rather large duffel bag stuffed full of his belongings strapped over his right shoulder. As his feet hit the tarmac he stretches and groans audibly, oblivious to any glances or stares his exclamation may draw. (I feel good! This will be a good place for me!) The teen thinks to himself, while trying to take in everything around him. Unable to hide his excitement a grin finds its way to his lips, lighting his young face. As fate would have it, his cheery disposition would be leaving him soon.
“The fuck” barked Devin
“What the fuck is going on here” He continued unabashed.

Rose's spirits faltering somewhat he decides to address his rowdy schoolmate. "Listen, sir. There's no need for that sort of foul language!" Rose quipped, surprising himself. Swallowing to still his nerves the fay haired teen continues. "I can understand if you don't want to be here, and that's fine. The way you were tinkering with that outdated piece of technology on the plane-" Rose waves his hand, referencing Devin's Gameboy "-Was something I found annoying. But you don't see me cursing up a storm about it." Rolling his eyes Rose finishes his unnecessary speech. "Honestly, you're playing with a Gameboy when even the Nintendo 3DS is outdated already."

And that seemed to be the last sensible event to transpire as things start to fall apart. Everything happened quickly, Maria throwing up and the other students reactions. "Uughh!" Unable to hide his discomfort at the sight of vomit the groan escaped from Rose's lips as he tore his eyes from the colorful contents of Maria's stomach splattered across the tarmac. The wind carried some of the pungent odors straight to Rose's nose and the teen felt bile rising in his own throat. "Oh god... I think I'm going to be sick!" He mutters, while trying his hardest to contain his reaction.

Unzipping his bag with his free, left hand he reaches inside the container in one fluid motion and begins to rummage through the contents. Seeming to find what he's searching for he draws out a small plastic box. As he pops it open a soft rattle is heard. Tossing a pill from the box into his free hand he quickly takes it and feels the calming effect almost immediately. Though still far from a cure for cancer, modern medicine had advanced enough to create pills to quell most any manner of unpleasantness. Gently dropping his duffel bag Rose rushes over to the two who comprised the welcoming committee. Not really interested in much other then helping Maria, Rose doesn't pay attention to the her partner Ethan or Adrian but he does manage to catch their conversation.

"Alright. I don't want to say this, but even if Maira just had a case of food poisoning, I really don't care...I don't know about the others,...but I am just about fed up with this. I'm not moving another inch until one of you explains what the hell just happened."

"I really don't care if I get sent back, either...It'd be better than a second trip of unexplained time-travel. After all, I don't think we all just shared the same goddamned dream."

"What I'd really like to understand, though, is why everything just happened...Explain, please?"

Kneeling by the prone form of Maria Rose offers her a cloth handkerchief and a bottle of water to clean herself up with, more contents he had drawn from his duffel bag. "Here, this will help." He explains to Maria while silently judging Adrian. (Apparently everybody wants to be a tough guy around here.) He remarks to himself, seemingly ignoring the time travel comment.

Koti~
05-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Devin shook his head as a new boy spoke to him, berating him for swearing. He blinked twice, wondering where the hell he had come from. He scratched the back of his head, shuffling his feet on the ground. He didn’t know what had overcome him, but something odd had happened to them, but the boy that was talking to him seemed to be immune or just wasn’t there. He was about to say something when the girl who would have been their tour guide vomited onto the ground, a slosh of food and acidic compounds spewing out of her mouth. He took a step back, covering his mouth and nose as the smell hit him.

The questions asked by Adrian seemed to rattle around in his head, making him question a few things as well. If it was time travel, he wanted to see how. His mind returned back to its old method of thinking, machine and numbers. If they had some method of time travel, even if it was short, he wanted to know how it was done, and what they had done against humanity to test this skill. The last think that ran through his head was wondering what it would do to his projects if he suddenly went backwards in time and lost work on all his projects.

He started to feel weird, a buzz filling his ears. He began to worry that whatever the other two had gotten was getting to him. He didn’t want his first (or so he hoped was a first) impression to be of him throwing up at the sight of being sick, after being yelled at by a kid with stark white hair. He tried to focus on Ethan and Maria, when he noticed that he couldn’t hear a single thing from the others, or from the air around him. He looked around, when the buzz in his ears became louder, starting to take form of words, incoherent yet filling his head. He looked over at Leila, and his mind was jarred.

Her words filled his head, filling his mind with apprehension and dislikes, making him feel like sitting in a quiet place and letting others talk it out, answering questions unasked. Pulling away, leaving himself with a headache, his eyes locked with Ethan, who was still looking pale and green. His stomach gurgled with queasiness as his head buzzed with confusion, wondering what had caused the illness and trying to still keep his composure, which made Devin’s head spin. His headache grew as he pulled away from him to only lock eyes with Maria, who was looking down some, but up enough to keep her eyes to see them. The sickness doubled again, making him grab his stomach with one of his arms, shifting his feet open to stay standing. Not wanting to keep contact for long, he pulled away, the headache growing more only to lock eyes with the new kid.

His mind blared into life with energy unknown to him, bubbling just under the surface and a sense to keep cool. Indignation flashed through his head like a blare of white hot lead, aimed at himself and Adrian. He also felt a need to be helpful, to rush over to the aid of Maria and make her feel better; wanting to comfort her and make sure she was okay.

His stomach betrayed him at that point. It wasn’t the feeling of annoyance at him that was made him vomit his stomach out, but the switch from feeling unwell and confused, to bubbling energy just under the surface that made him sick, giving his head the final shift over the edge. He fell back onto the ground, holding onto his pounding head, felt more like a dull jackhammer trying to break through his head. The world seemed to catch up to him as sound rushed back into life, making him shut his eyes in pain, feeling himself heave up on air, not having eaten much since being on the plane.

BreatheTaylor
05-29-2011, 04:19 AM
Caitlin pushed the dark hair from her icy eyes, slinging her carry-on up into the overhead compartment. She received the news only two days ago that she was being sent to Eden Academy. Sure! I don't mind leaving all my friends behind to go to some preppy academy for snobs! I can't wait to befriend all the rich kids! She thought to herself sarcastically as she slid into her lonely seat at the back. She buckled up and checked the time on her i-phone before setting it to 'flight mode'. 9:55... God damn it, this is way to early to be awake! Her body punctuated her thought with a big yawn, covered by her manicured hand.

As the plane taxied around the tarmac, slowly but surely making it's way to the take-off run, Caitlin pulled out a package of gum. If there was one thing she hated about plane rides, it was ear-popping.

"See you in a decade Vancouver," Caitlin mumbled, popping a piece of Juicy Fruit into her mouth. She hailed proudly from the home of the Canucks, and though her background was purely Australian she couldn't help but love Canada and (most) of its inhabitants.

Caitlin sighed, thoughts of home and her dear friends and family floating through her mind. Her brain had apparently taken many snapshots of the many parties, long road trips, all the family vacations back to Australia and seemingly everything else she’d experienced. She was going to miss Vancouver dearly. Besides, she could already tell that she didn’t belong here.

Is there anyone here that I could get along with? Or even someone for me to crack? Caitlin settled back and leaned to her left, resting her elbow on the armrest and her chin in her palm. One delicate finger toyed with the silver chain around her neck as she peered around the cabin. They'd been up and flying for a while now, and she'd yet to even acknowledge anyone else’s existence! It was time for some serious observing.

Her pale blue eyes floated up to the front as she watched a stewardess from earlier shuffle down the isle, checking for un-buckled seat belts and turned on electronics. Caitlin couldn't see what was happening, but she watched the exchange between the attendant and a passenger, listening intently. Apparently a now fellow student of Eden Academy didn't understand how electronics could tamper with their flight, and was on her laptop. Yeah, real smart.

Some further viewing showed nothing of interest, until Caitlin’s gaze fell upon a handsome blonde boy a couple seats up, tinkering with an old gaming system. Is that a gameboy colour? Wow, talk about out-dated technology! Then again, I still have an i-phone 4G... Caitlin smirked and turned away, shutting her eyes. Judging by his silence and apparent fascination with mechanics, Caitlin hadn't a drop of uncertainty that he wasn't very socially adept. With her final thought being of out-dated gaming systems and people she should befriend, Cait fell into a deep slumber.

• • •

Caitlin woke to the sound of voices and shuffling all around her. She already knew the plane must've landed, and opening her eyes confirmed this. She stretched and stood slowly, cracking every joint on the way up. Sweet, Eden Academy, here I come... Caitlin’s mental voice oozed mockery and she rolled her eyes, reaching for her carry-on.

Without a word she ambled off the plane, straightening her floral sweater. The student body that had scrambled off with her seemed like zombies. While she pulled her denim shorts back where they belonged, it occurred to her that she had no idea what the weather was going to be like here. Grandma Jean had given her the pamphlet yesterday, but Cait never even bothered to look at it. I hope it's nice here. Or I'm screwed. Shortly after grabbing her rather small suitcase from the carousel, Caitlin quietly slipped into the group of people surrounding who seemed to be the Welcoming committee? How cute.

The events that followed flew by in a blur. The names Ian and Mary, was it? No, no, that's not right! were spat out, the confused and angry faces whizzed by. Some girl spilled the contents of her stomach on the floor, and a boy with blinding white hair Is there anything he doesn't have in that bag? rushed to help her, and the tech-boy from earlier vomited and crashed to the floor.

"Oh my God! Are you alright?!" She gasped. Caitlin immediately bolted to his side. He was clutching his head and squeezing his eyes shut tight. She rolled him on his side in case anything else made an escape from his stomach, placing a gentle hand on his back, and the other under his head.

Sickly
05-29-2011, 02:46 PM
UPDATE
post or the little bunny will maim you

Ethan's eyes darted amoung the new students he didn't recognize the new ones they weren't around before. He hefted Maria to better hold her quivering body her eye's were glazed over, she wasn't coping well to what Ethan assumed was some sort of time skip. Adrian began freaking out and Ethan glared at him. Adrian felt uncomfortable with Ethan staring at him. Ethan searched each students eye's and found only one with the tiniest flicker of gold, Devin. Ethan turned to Adrian, "What the hell are you talking about? Stay here until the limo gets here. Devin Help me with Maria."

It took a few minutes but the Limo finally arrived "Get in the car or get back in the plane its your choice, Adrian." Ethan turned his back to Adrian and Devin helped a limp Maria into the car. Ethan got into the car and waved Devin and Leila over. You two come with me we need to talk. Ethan looked at the others and beckoned them to another limo that had followed the first. "These will take you to your dorms. Everything you brought is already there and unpacked. Adrian, Jack..." Ethan though it over a bit then gave in. "Get in here quickly."

Soon the Four were back in another car even though it had room enough for 15 people the sense of deja vu was nauseating. The other Car held the two newer students they were a bit confused at the lack of any attention but excitement soon trumped their disappointment. Almost as if sensing their coming boredom a small computer screen flipped out of the car ceiling and a womans voice spoke to them. "Welcome to Eden Academy's VI Tour guide. Ask any questions about the school you may wish to know"

Maria's pale sickly skin betrayed her as she tried to talk Ethan out of doing what he was about to do. "Ethan don't, they shouldn't be caught up in our business." Ethan held Maria's hand and whispered softly "Rest now M the shift has taken alot out of you." Maria stopped resting and slumped into a corner as the exhertion took her and she fell to sleep. Ethan wished she hadn't fainted this would be alot easier to explain with two people rather than one. "First, Devin can tell me if you have been experiencing anything wierd with your body lately? asked Ethan staring into Devins now golden eyes

okay short update but time for 20 questions sorry you newbs weren't involved in the first car but as of yet you aren't involved in the storyline. so what you can do is ask the computer in the limo questions about the school and I will answer them

as for Enaz, idylle, Calamosis, and Keeper each of you can ask Ethan questions i will do alot of short responses.

Tune
06-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Everyone was freaking out after what happened in the forest, their minds still swirling from Ethan's seizures and the horrible feeling of deja vu. When Maria vomited, she grimaced, holding her stomach. She was still sore and her memory was mostly a blur at some points. She shook her head and looked away, back towards the plane behind them. Would it be worth going home? She looked back at Ethan, and everyone else. Everything was the same except for the new people.

With a sigh, Leila followed Devin to the Limo Ethan pointed to. She couldn't shake the ill feeling being here at Eden Academy. After what happened with Ethan, who could blame her? She didn't believe in magic, coincidences, and she hardly believed in deja vu, but just being at Eden Academy was like stepping into the world of Harry Potter. So much for logic, she thought, shuffling into the limo, laptop bag in toll. Jack and Adrian soon followed her and Devin into the limo, and she waited for the lecture. She looked over at Maria, passed out in the corner, looking as sick as she was. She sighed, and leaned back against the seat.

First Devin can tell me if you have been experiencing anything wierd with your body lately?" Ethan asked, staring at Devin. Leila didn't know what Ethan was getting at, but since she wasn't the one he was speaking to, she just sat back and listened. Her quick tongue had got her in enough trouble already. Deja vu or not, she wasn't going to repeat her past bad demeanor.

Koti~
06-01-2011, 08:55 PM
"First, Devin can tell me if you have been experiencing anything wierd with your body lately?” Ethan asked him as he had sat down in the back of the limo. He might have calmed down a bit after walking, trying to resist screaming in pain at the pounding in his head. He had received some help from a girl who he didn’t know, concern showing on her face at the pain he had felt.

“Like my head is full of torment… I just tried to download the whole of face book into my skull.” He added as an afterthought, remembering the range of thoughts feeling and emotions that blared through his head when his hearing had somehow vanished from his ears.

“I’m sorry for my burst of rage back there. It was out of character and uncalled for. But now… do you know what caused this?” Devin said, mentioning to his earlier statement of his feelings. He was still shook up about the apparent time travel, but that had been overwritten by his brain wanting to break out of his skull right now.

Sickly
06-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Ethan listened to Devin speak and paused If the reaction centered on his brain that narrowed thing down a bit. Do you know what caused this? "It was a Shift. Shifts are large disturbances in the fabric of space and time. Or that at least what I believe it was. I'm not exactly a Physics professor. "I'm going to try something, Devin. If it hurts just tell me." Ethan grabbed the sides of Devin head and brought both their foreheads together.
Can you hear me, Devin?

calamosis
06-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Adrian watched the lot of them, refusing to respond or bend under Ethan's glare. When the limo arrived, he reluctantly followed after the first two, the sense of deja vu nearly making him dizzy. His lips were pressed together, face set in what felt like a constant scowl by now. This was not how everything was supposed to go. Sure, life throws shit at you but this...? It was more like a bad movie than regular life.

He really couldn't bring himself to be anything but simmering at the moment. Ethan's words and glare hardly affected him, though the vomiting had made his stomach lurch a tad. Speaking of, what had Ethan asked Devin? Adrian hadn't really been paying attention, trying to still the rushing of blood in his ears.

Though, apparently Ethan had asked something interesting--it looked like the two were about to kiss! It wasn't as though he was against that; just seemed like odd timing. He stared a moment.

Wait....

No, that wasn't it.... It couldn't be. They were just...there; suspened by their touching foreheads. Weird. But then again....

What isn't weird at this place?

BreatheTaylor
06-02-2011, 01:43 AM
"...Devin Help me with Maria." Caitlin barely heard the words flowing from Ethan's mouth as she concentrated on the boy at her feet, and it was he who responded to Ethan's request. So that's his name... She made a mental note and helped him to his feet. Poor guy...

Grabbing her carry-on from the ground, Caitlin's attention was turned towards Ethan as he spoke. "These will take you to your dorms. Everything you brought is already there and unpacked..." she brushed off the previous drama and sauntered towards the second limo, ignoring the seperation. Wow, everything's already there? Nice service... she thought, sliding into the limo, a pale, white-haired boy followed. It didn't take long before the excitement of attending a new school, in a new place, with new people took over. It dawned on her that this was a fresh start, and her reputation's slate was wiped clean. She smirked, and crossed her legs with her hands clasped elegantly in her lap.

As if on cue, a bright screen folded out from the ceiling of the limo and from it came a perky female voice, "Welcome to Eden Academy's VI Tour guide. Ask any questions about the school you may wish to know." The scripted enthusiasm was nauseating, but Caitlin couldn't help but ask, "What's the weather like here?" She toyed with the fraying ends of her shorts and smirked.

Sickly
06-02-2011, 02:14 AM
The VI computer screen flashed brightly at Caitlin's question. A woman's face appeared on the monitor it was almost human except for the unnatural bloom reflected off the VI's Face. You may call me Kara for future reference. The VI paused and looked over to Caitlin and smiled. "Due to an anomaly caused by the the electromagnetic minerals in the surrounding mountain range, Eden Academy is host to a variety of weather conditions. Eden Academy is subject to all four seasons in fact. Currently the Academy is experiencing the Late Summer Phase. Unlike the rest of the world The Academy is not subject to the same seasonal change as the rest of the world. It operates completely on a different cycle. This strange phenomenon is currently being studied by the Academy's Environmental Research Department. Although more information is available New policies enacted by the Headmaster Jasker states that student exploration must be encouraged. Please feel free to talk to the Head of the Department in your spare time."

Koti~
06-02-2011, 03:03 AM
Devin was shocked when Ethan reached over, taking his head in his hand. He freaked out some as his mind raced, thinking that Ethan was taking advantage of him, and rested his forehead on his.

He relaxed and slowed his breathing when he realized that Ethan wasn’t going to do anything more than him, when a flash of light scarred his eyes. A new flush of voices filled his head as his hearing vanished once more, but this time was different. His mind was completely replaced with some curiosity, and a simple line.

Can you hear me, Devin?

The words jarred into his already beating head, making him want to pass out in pain, but the words didn’t seem as painful as last time. This time it was focused on one simple line that worked on his head. He tried to respond, but his head was still filled with pain. Just wanting to down a bottle of Aspirin and beer, and numb out the pain in his head.

“God my head is killing me, what is wrong with me, and how can I hear your thoughts” Devin said out loud, just wanting to fall asleep. He pushed himself back, his hearing coming back loud and clear, his pounding head as well. He was glad that there was nothing else left in his stomach, and that the only thought he hears was Ethan’s, which seemed more collected than those around him. Sighing, he relaxed back into the seat, only now noticing the sweat that collected on his skin.

Sickly
06-02-2011, 06:40 PM
"I suspected as much. Legacies are generally followed by initial discomfort from a variety of places on the body but not always. Your complaint about your head narrowed it down and I took a guess. There really shouldn't be to much pain though, unless you are subconciously rejecting the legacy." Ethan spouted this information as if it were demotic. He turned around to maria and sifted through a purse she had. "Here it is." Ethan pulled out a small makeup mirror from Maria's purse. Look at your eyes. Now most people don't notice this and i'm not exactly sure why that is but the few of us with legacies can identify each other by it." Ethan held up the mirror to Devins face showing him his gold eyes.

Marc Raehh
06-02-2011, 10:30 PM
7:30

Skyler nonchalantly looked around the plane. He really didn't want to go to this school, or any school for that matter. He just wanted to draw. Sadly, he ended up using his entire scratch paper notebook on pictures he scribbled over the trip on the plane. So most of his time was wasted thinking about the people he will meet, or more importantly, the art he will make.

7:45

Skyler decided that dreams of art would have to wait, and chose to rest for the upcoming day, no point in wasting his time in pointless dreams when he could plan those dreams to become a reality. As he planned his next grand work of art his conciousness slipped away, and his thoughts became a garbled mess of past experiences and art history. Then, he fell asleep.

9:57

He was woken by a flight attendant telling him they have arrived at Eden Academy. "Eden Academy? Where's that?" He sleepily asked. Only to get a sigh of distress in return from the flight attendant. After some talking with her he finally agreed to gather his things and follow the rest of the new students off the plane.

Almost immediately after he got off the plane his true nature arose from him, his quiet, more timid nature, and he immediately walked to the back of the crowd. Almost ignoring all the people around him, especially the ones who have taken notice the the young man in an old school uniform in the back. After being told to enter the limo he had done what he was told.

10:00

Skyler didn't even notice of the girl who he followed into the limo until she said something towards the VI woman who appeared on the screen, but when he did take notice of her fear struck him with the mightiest of blows and he tried to avoid eye contact and stay invisible. But he did listen, and he respectfully made eye contact- or what he at least thought was eye contact the screen.

After the VI, now known as Kara answered the girl's question he blurted out with full curiosity "Is there any place that is quiet, with lots of animals around here? Like a park or something?" As soon as he said this his face became red and he shrunk back into himself being as quiet as ever. He looked down and waited for his answer, hiding his flushed face from everyone inside the limo.

BreatheTaylor
06-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Caitlin smiled, "Perfect!" Late summer phase, eh? Great! That'll give me time to stock up on weather appropriate clothes... for the, uhm... possible cold... Caitlins thought drifted off when she remembered her lack of money. In her current carry-on bag, the most she had right now was one-hundred dollars cash. She was fairly positive things here at Eden Academy were going to lean towards expensive.

Just as she was about to question the VI, Kara, a young boy from the other side of the limo spoke up. "Is there any place that is quiet, with lots of animals around here? Like a park or something?" Instantly after inquiring his face flushed and he shrunk into himself. Someone's lookin' a little more than nervous..!

Her eyes bounced between the bright screen and the lanky brunette across the limo. He seems like a nice guy, pretty down to earth. Maybe this place won't be as bad as I thought!

calamosis
06-03-2011, 04:14 AM
Adrian narrowed his eyes. Well. Devin could read mind now, huh?

...Wait.

What was all of that about? And since when had he been okay with people reading other people's minds? This was ridiculous!

He scowled leabning forward and catching the attention of Ethan. "Legecy? What does that even mean? A 'superpower' or something?" He paused, something connecting in his mind so fast he could nearly hear the physical click of it. "Is that... What, ah, affected us before?" He looked at him, tilting his head, trying to think.

It would make sense, actually. If these Lecacy...things (or whatever) could make one read minds, than what if one could rewind what had happened? It wasn't perfect, but it was... Plausible. Better than having nothing to work on at all.

He leaned back in his seat, thinking. So, if that was a 'legcy', and Devin's...reaction...was a 'legacy' too, then....

"Do we all have these 'legacies'? Or is it just specific people? And.... What exactly are they, anyway?" He fired off the questions without particularly thinking them through. He hadn't had the best attitude earlier, and even as the seconds passed from him stating the questions, he got a sinking feeling that Ethan would... Well, help out karma a bit, probably.

Oh boy....

Marc Raehh
06-03-2011, 04:24 AM
Skyler, now regaining some composure. Pretended to be in a play and acted confident. Waiting for his answer from the VI, still avoiding any eye contact what so ever. He pulled out his already filled notebook from his side bag and pretended to start writing with a pen he slipped out from his sleeve.

He looked up at the VI every few seconds but never towards the girl. Afraid that he would blow his cover as a normal person. After a few moments he lost all his will and turned towards her. "Hello, my name is Skyler. Glad to make your acquaintance, and you are..?" He said, fishing for a name. Trying to sound as nonchalant about the encounter as possible, but he had the sneaking suspicion that he was failing horribly. As he did this he thought of this new school, and how he was impressed with their technology, and even of what kind of classes he would take in the next 10 years. Almost being pulled off into thought he regained focus of what he was doing and flashed a nervous smile at the girl.

Tune
06-03-2011, 05:08 AM
Leila's jaw dropped open. Did Ethan really expect them to believe Devin could read minds? That whatever these "Legacies" are actually exist? This was absurd. Adrian openly expressed her feelings exactly. The mirror held in front of Devin's face was a little too far for her to catch a glimpse of these 'gold eyes' that Ethan ranted about.

"Superpowers don't exist. Radioactive mutant crime fighters don't exist," she mumbled, shaking her head, "they only exist in cartoons."

Ethan had mentioned some sort of Shift. He knew what happened, and she wondered if he and Maria knew why it happened. She stamped her foot on the carpeted floor of the limo. She gave up her life with her abusive, academic-obsessed father to be flown to an unknown location to be treated like a child? She gritted her teeth. She was getting fed up with everything that had been going on. She didn't like being surrounded by anything that couldn't be proved by logic, and Ethan's comment about "Legacies" tipped the scale.

"Come on, Ethan. Who are you fooling? Mind reading is impossible. Even the most hi-tech technology can't read minds. You expect us," she said, gesturing to her and Adrian, "that Devin could read minds?"

She leaned forward, glaring. Her head hurt from all the mumbo-jumbo that sprouted from Ethan's mouth. Somehow he manipulated Devin into believing it, too. She thought the technology enthusiast was smart. If he was buying into this nonsense, her first impression of him proved to be false. If Devin can read minds, what can I do? And what about Adrian?she thought, looking over at the other boy.

"If Devin has a Legacy, what's mine?" She waved her hand in Adrian's direction, "do we have Legacies, too?" She frowned; her head was starting to hurt. She slumped back in the seat, suddenly feeling really fatigued, and pressed her palm against her temple. She felt dizzy.

Sickly
06-03-2011, 08:41 AM
"I don't expect you to believe me without proof Leila. Perhaps if Maria shows you her's." Ethan nudged a groggy Maria awake. She was still a bit sleepy but her sickness was gone. "I need you show them, Maria." She looked at him as if he were crazy. "I don't think its safe to do it in the car." "I'm sure it will be fine. Just don't to it for too long." Maria nodded and held out her palm. "Pay close attention i'm only going to do this once. After I'm finished i want you to explain to me how it is impossible." A small lump grew slowly out of Maria palm and she fliched slightly at the pain. The lump grew larger until it was pushing up hard from under the skin. Maria's skin split and a tiny pool of blood formed in her palm. the pool of blood began to squirm and twist until suddenly it jumped from her hand and spun in the air. The little red sphere then hardened and congealed before dropping back into Maria hand. Maria's eyes glowed brightly as she performed this trick for the bewildered students. "That is impossible, leila!" Ethan smiled it had been awhile since he last had to explain this to somebody, it was always exciting.

"As to whether or not you have a legacy leila, yes you do. But i cannot tell you when or what it is. Even I never found out I had a legacy until it activated. Adrian and Jack may have them as well. but as I said I do not know when they will activate

Koti~
06-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Devin grabbed the mirror from Ethan's hand as Ethan continued to talk to others. He stared into the mirror, looking at his gold eyes. He sat there for a good solid minute just staring at him. His once blue eyes were now gold, which left him stun.

"I.. I can read minds?" Devin said weakly, sitting back and closing the mirror, his mind reeling. He sighed heavily, closing his eyes as he tried to calm the turmoil in his head from the recent thinking. He was only listening when he caught a tail end of what leila said

"Come on, Ethan. Who are you fooling? Mind reading is impossible. Even the most hi-tech technology can't read minds. You expect us," she said, gesturing to her and Adrian, "that Devin could read minds?"

~You want to try saying that again after what I went through?~ .. Ow~Devin said mentally, wanting to berate her for what she insinuated at her, but not wanting to get up the energy to speak.

His eyes opened when he heard Maria spoke up, something about not wanting to show her legacy. Looking at her as Ethan convinced her to show it, and watched the bulb form on her palm, and the skin broke open like being punctured by a knife. A large orb of blood floated above her hand, solidifying before it fell back into her hand, sealing shut like it had never been there before.

"So... will my eyes go back to normal?" Devin asked, trying to break some of the tension, and morbidly curious if he would get his normal eye color back, or get stuck with gold eyes.

Tune
06-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Somehow Maria was able to manipulate her own blood, or what looked to be a ball of hard, crimson liquid that broke through the girl's skin. Leila shook her head. This place was growing stranger and stranger by the hour. She nodded, though, deciding not to counter Ethan's statement. Impossible is impossible. If it's possible, these people are freaks, she thought, holding her throbbing head.

"So, we all have Legacies... Devin already discovered his. Maria -she can do something weird with her blood. What can you do, Ethan?"

She looked over at the two student tour guides. She must be the only one that's totally bewildered and dubious about everything that has happened since they arrived on the plane. A time shift, Devin's mind reading abilities and now Maria's ability to manipulate her blood. Yes, she was definitely going to need to keep tallies.

"This place is weird," she mumbled. "Do we have to share dorm rooms?"

calamosis
06-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Adrian sat, staring at Maria's hand. The...thing--it had just pushed through her hand and...it--it....

He didn't even know anymore.

Leila seemed to be very highly dubious, though how she could be after all this he really didn't know. It seemed fairly plausible, after the hell they had already been through, to have 'superpowers'; no matter how hard it was to wrap his mind around. He was really just willing to fall asleep and pretend it never happened, but....

We're all stuck with these things...?

He just sighed, closing his eyes, feeling whatever had fueled his anger earlier drain out like a running tap. In it's place was an aching tiredness, making him feel willing to accept just about anything they told him. It wasn't often that he got like this, but after a time...warp(?), a 'mind-reading' escapade, and a blood clot that seemed to have a mind of it's own, he was about ready to topple over.

He wasn't going to sleep here, though; not when he didn't know where he was, or where he was going--leaving alone the fact that he didn't trust any of them. He just slumped to one side slightly (no so far that hed lean on anyone else, mind), and, closing his eyes, he just lets the others words fall over him. He certainly wasn't going to sleep (for the reasons stated above), but he needed to rest. To not think and just briefly relax--even if he just pretended he was doing so--that is simply what he needed right now, to...recharge.

So that is what he did. Ignoring the others, he lets himself just rest.

enaz
06-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Jack hadn't believed one thing Ethan said and sat looking out the mirror till he saw the orb of blood float out of Maria's hand. His jaw dropped and he couldn't say anything HE had never believed that powers could ever exist, but it seems that it was possible. He looked at the other and shook his head to snap out of the trance he had went into. He looked back out of the window and thought about what his "Legacy" as Ethan called it would be. Jack imagined himself standing on a hill throwing fireballs at people and animals and chuckled to himself. Jack also remembered the pack of cigarettes in his pocket and slowly pulled them out and threw them in Ethan's lap. "I don't need those anymore, this is a new place where I can start a new life and I don't want any old habits haunting me.

Sickly
06-06-2011, 04:29 AM
Maria stopped Ethan before he could answer Leila's question. She knew very well that Ethan would share more than he intended to if got excited. "Leila, Devin, Jack, Adrian. When you discover discover your Legacies If you have any, that is. There is few things things you must know. There are plenty of others. Not all of them are as friendly as Ethan and I. Most importantly though, legacies are problematic, they have costs some not as bad as others and some far worse. You must be careful not to use your legacies on whims alone. You will not see me use my Legacy just to show you tricks. And one last thing if you plan on the rest of your year going on without a hitch I suggest you never use your Legacy at all. However if you end up like Ethan.....in a situation beyond your control." Maria paused and thought for a moment. "If your careful that won't happen." A pack off cigarettes landed in Ethans lap and he looked up "The rooms has contraband scanners, Jack. You just avoided a potentionally embarrasing situation." Ethan rolled down the window and tossed the pack out into the forest. He smiled "Now the forest critters can have lung cancer."

Ethan looked at Maria then back to the clearly exhausted students "Ah! We are here." The Limo's window's tint faded and in the light of the coming twilight the Dorm towers glowed in a modern beauty. Technically speaking it was really one biulding with two sections connect to each other in the shape of a double helix. One side for Female students and the other for male students. The building was in the middle of its shift cycle During the first year of school students were meant to learn to live by themselves in single room apartments. However during the day if granted permission from a counselor one could arrange a merger of two rooms for a week. The rooms themselves woulf shift and the appropriatte walls would dissappear. Since it was the end of the week The rooms that were joined would now separate and return to their positions.

Ethan shuffled the four out of the Limo and directed them to an elevator at the foot of the building. There was a small monitor at its side. "Each of you will place your hand on this monitor, when it scans you you will enter the elevator and it will take you to you individual rooms. Lights will go out automatically at 11pm. Get some rest. Tomorrow will be rather busy.

Koti~
06-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Devin walked into the elevator, adjusting the backpack he had brought with him for the entertainment on the flight over. He sighed and pressed his hand against the pad on a spot near the doors, listening to the slide shut with a soft click, leaned against the wall behind him, listening to the hum of the elevator all around him. Closing his eyes, he rested his head against the cool metal, until a small ding alerted him to the fact that they had gotten to his room. Sighing, he picked up his bag and hefted it onto his shoulder, jostling the things inside. He stepped out of the elevator and up to the door of his room, opening it up with his thumb print.

Normally he would be all over the elevator and the thumb print scanner, but at this point, his head was filled with a monotonous drone that urged him to just move until he found something comfy enough to sleep on. He found it soon enough, a bed nearby a window of sorts, which he barely spent a passing glance over. Closing the door to his room, he kicked off his boots and placed his back near the inside of the room, glad that he didn’t have a roommate. He stumbled and fell onto the bed, not even worrying about getting out of his streets and relaxing into the bed spread, smiling at the fresh scent on them, and their cool texture. The pillow had a nice chill to it, and it was a great relaxant to his head, acting just as good as most headache and pain killers did.

His mind passing over the recent info about him and rolling past them for later inspection, he sighed, thinking that he hadn’t even been here a full day, and felt like he had been going for 5 months strong.

“This… will be an interesting year” Devin said out loud, letting himself drift off as he rolled onto his back to stare blankly at the ceiling.

enaz
06-07-2011, 03:16 AM
Jack walked into the elevator and stood at the back behind everyone else and watched Devin. Jack was intrigued by how advanced the technology seemed to be at the school and at how much money they seemed to have. After Devin left the elevator Jack walked up and put his hand on the scanner. He turned around as the elevator started to move again, he smiled towards Adrien and patted his shoulder. "It was great getting to know you today and that ipod is yours now," Jack stated this as if it was not Adrien's decision, before he turned to Leila, and grabbed her hand and put it to his lips again. "Leila I hope to see you again, maybe if we could find some time we could hang out."

Jack heard the ding of the elevator and backed off of it, and waved to the others before pushing his thumb against the scanner. When the door he found the room to be amazing with a bed that looked like it was for a king. He saw that all of his luggage was up here to, but firs he walked towards the large window that led out onto a balcony. He walked onto the balcony and looked over the school with a smile. He knew he was going to love it here, and looked into a mirror to see dark rings around his eyes. Jack held up his hands to see that his knuckles had scaled over, but it was still visible that he had busted them on something. He shook his head, and walked over to the bed and slowly stretched across it. It smelled like it had just been washed, and felt like he was laying on a cloud. He couldn't fight the exhaustion that overtook him as he fell into a diffrent world where anything seemed to be possible.

Sickly
06-07-2011, 11:54 PM
The VI answered Skyler after a small pause. "There are many places of quiet around Eden Academy. But as I stated before Policies dictate that Students should explore their surroundings. If students are too shy then a another student will be assigned to shadow you and give you information as you explore. Be mindful of restricted sections of Eden though. The VI pointed out as a large "Eden Staff Only" Appeared on the screen and the VI appeared to wag her finger for a moment. "If your looking for a park there is Jacobs Forest but it is only open for classes. There are gardens located around and within the Academy itself as well as in the Dorm Town and the village. VI Frowned suddenly "Bio signs indicate three students in the Vehicle. The VI seemed to looked around until it targeted Rose's position. Do you have anything to add-" The VI flickered for a moment appearing to load information. "Such a strange-" The VI flickered again and its voice broke suddenly. "-name for a boy." The VI's head shook for a moment before a Error message appeared behind the VI. It didn't seem to notice the message and continued on. "Do you have anything to add, Rose?"

Marc Raehh
06-08-2011, 12:48 AM
Skyler cringed at the thought of having somebody shadow him. 'I'm going to have to get a little bit more gutsy then' he thought to himself. Then he started to daydream again.
This time he thought of how his life will be during the many years he is in the school, and if he will manage to make some friends. Just as he started to zone off into his imagination he noticed the error message appear on the VI's screen. He slowly turned this "Rose" and back to Kara. Back and forth, back and forth. Completely forgetting about the girl he had introduced himself to, but after a few seconds scolded himself in his head about rudely forgetting a possible friend.

Skyler's eyebrow raised, and he smiled at the boy who managed to make the screen freak out. His mind raced with more question to ask the VI as well. But he stayed quiet. He wasn't the one being addressed at the moment. As he stared at "Rose" Skyler was overwhelmed with sleepiness then he decided that he should go to sleep as soon as possible. Skyler yawned and stretched, still smiling his dull smile.

Curiousness washed over Skyler and he blurted 3 more questions in rapid succession "Is there a curfew here at Eden? What about stores? Do you allow pets?" Embarrassed, again. Skyler looked down, and blushed.

calamosis
06-08-2011, 03:38 AM
Adrian sighed as he nearly crawled out of the car. He hadn't fallen to sleep, but if it weren't for the people around him, he certainly would have been. Then again, if it weren't for some people, he wouldn't be near as exhausted.... The thoughts made his head ache.

He stepped after the others, listening but unresponsive to Ethan's words. After watching Devin dissapear, Jack, suprisingly, took the initiative. Adrian was shocked at his words. Giving it to him? Seriously? He had no doubt that Jack would be a good friend--an ally, say, against unfamiliar people in an unfamiliar place. He could only smile. He watched, somewhat pensively, as Jack spoke to Leila, then waved as he vanished up--or was it down?--the elevator.

He looked over to Leila, and, wanting to have something to say after what they had all gone through, he stuck his hand out at her, shaking it briefly. "It's nice meeting you, Leila. Even despite the, erm, scenario." He gave her a tired grin, then slumped his way over to the elevator next, putting his hand on the pad to close the doors. He looked up, raising a hand in a farewell, then was carted off.

He closed his eyes to the imagery around him--he'd have time to be curious later. Now, he just wanted to be in one place. One that preferably didn't go back in time. Ever. He sighed, stilling his thoughts, when the elevator dinged quietly, gaining his attention. He had arrived.

He gathered what little he had carried with him and exited, finding the door to his room easily. He walked up to it, and it took him very near a minute of staring at the thumb-scanner to try and figure out how to open the door. Finally, the message went through the fog in his head, and his body complied automatically, pressing his thumb lightly against the pad.

When it read his print properly, he stumbled inside, tossing his jacket and his few supplies onto the side-table next ot his bed. Once that was finished, he raised his head to look around for the first time since entering.... And stopped.

...This could not have been his room. It wasn't even possible! This room alone was over half the size of his whole apartment! If he wasn't so tired and confused, he would've made himself double-check the number, just to make sure it was correct. As it was, he just sat down, albeit heavily, on his mattress. Actually, speaking of.... He looked at his bed.

....He didn't even know how his jaw was still connected. This... It could not be the right room. Couldn't be. Because this bed was huge! It was massive!

None of the room was personalized, no colors or patterns to be seen. And yet, despite his incredulity, he really, honestly, hadn't felt quite this at home in...a while.

The room was definitely nice.

Smiling ever-so-slightly to himself, he lets out a breath that he's been (metaphorically) holding, and just relaxes. He closes his eyes, flopping back on his new bed (he'd never, ever thought he'd even think that), and lies there for a few moments....

It's only later that he realizes how those minutes turned into hours, night into morning, just by closing his eyes.

Tune
06-08-2011, 04:37 AM
Leila was thankful to get out of the car. Adrian had looked like he had dozed off. Jack, he was quiet the whole ride to the dorms, and Devin still looked like he was ready to faint. After everything that happened, being able to ride an elevator up to her own room -alone- would be like paradise on Earth. She wasn't a people person, and she was out of her element. Eden Academy -the dorms, that is- was not like she expected. She smiled faintly; this was the first time she was really on her own since her mother was gone. Her father acted like a constant shadow, dictating everything she did and said. If she was lucky, she'd never have to have anything to do with the psycho ever again.

She wasn't quite as shocked when Jack turned, and kissed her hand, "Leila I hope to see you again, maybe if we could find some time we could hang out," Jack said. She smiled, and nodded her head.

She was going to be the last one to arrive at her dorm room. As Adrian offered his hand, she reluctantly shook it. "It's nice meeting you, Leila. Even despite the, erm, scenario," said Adrian with a tired grin before taking his turn on the elevator. "Nice to meet you, too, Adrian," she said with a faint smile of her own.

She had hung back a bit, and looked back at the limo where Maria and Ethan were. This was, by far, the most bizarre campus tour she had ever been on, and one she would not soon forget. How could she? There was a chance she would have a Legacy like Devin, and Maria, but she knew Ethan had one. She never got her answer, if she asked one. She groaned. Short term memory loss should be expected after the 'shift' they experienced today. She walked over, and pressed her hand to the slightly warm hand-print scanner. A few minutes later, the elevator opened, and she stepped inside. She clutched her laptop bag to her chest. She would expect to receive an email from her father, asking if she arrived safely, and she wanted to cry. The man treated her worse than a step-child, why would he be considered about her well-being? He couldn't milk off her contest winnings anymore. He'd be lucky to receive a dime from her academic abilities.

The elevator opened with a ding, opening out to an expensively decorated hallway in the girls dorm building. Whoever the founder was, the woman was rolling in cash. She relaxed her hold on her laptop bag, and pressed her thumb to the scanner. Her new bedroom door opened up automatically to reveal her new room until she was given a condo like the older students. She was surprised she even remembered that. Shaking her head, she stepped into her room, and closed the door behind her. She kicked off her shoes by the door, and walked across the soft carpet in her socks. Her luggage was all accounted for, and neatly stacked on one side of the room. A king sized bed, dressers for her clothes, a nice mahogany desk sat in one corner with a spinning computer chair. A couple mirrors hung on the walls, one above a dresser, the other a full sized mirror resting in a dark, wooden frame near her bed.

She examined herself in the mirror. Her orange and blond hair was a mess, having fallen lose of the fishtail braid she had it in. She had forgotten to unpack her retainer case from one of her suitcases, and sighed. All she wanted to do was curl up on her new bed, and fall asleep. Jet lag wasn't that bad, but after today, rest was all she needed.

There was no email from her father like she half-expected, so she closed her laptop. It was probably out drinking with his business friends, or searching for contraband that she hid in her room. The man was relentless. She imagined him ripping up the carpet just to pry up the floor boards, and see if his genius daughter thought she could get away with something. She wasn't stupid, by far, and she had brought everything he considered 'contraband' with her. No point in getting yelled at via email, she thought, spinning around in her computer chair. The bed looked really inviting, and she licked her teeth. Her retainer was in its case on her nightstand by the window over looking what a nicely manicured lawn dotted with flowers.

She laid on her bed, staring up at the ceiling, waiting for sleep to come, but it eluded her. She sighed, and flopped over on her stomach, and craned her head towards her window. "It's going to be a long day," she mumbled, closing her eyes.

Sickly
06-12-2011, 12:23 PM
UPDATE

The VI almost seemed annoyed by Rose's lack of response. She turned to Skyler. "Eden staff patrol the grounds at night. The Dorm security scans the rooms for thermal signatures. If a student is out of bed the security systems notify the staff and they will search for the student. If a young student is caught out of bed. Disciplinary actions will be taken. Students years 1-3 are subject to an 8 o'clock curfew. Honored students can have their curfew extended to 9. Students years 4-6 have a 10 o'clock curfew. Their Honored have a one hour extension to their curfew. Students 7+ have no curfew but most available activities reserved for these students close around 2 or 3 in the morning. Please note that Student years 7+ have their own dorm town that younger students are restricted from entering."

The VI paused again as if preparing a response. "I'm sorry but I have no available data at the moment this is either because E.A. has yet to explore policies on this matter or the data on such policies has been removed. Protocol dictates I must make a formal report on such inquiries. Headmaster Jasker will review your inquiry Skyler and a poll will be posted on the Message Board. Please make your opinion known and Lord Jasker will provide accordingly."

AS the VI finished its screen went blank and the computer shutdown retreating back into the walls of the vehicle. The car slowed down and eventually came to a stop. Ethan was waiting for them. Quickly explaining to Rose, Caitlin and Skyler what they were to do, Ethan left with Maria. Rose went first then Caitlin. Skyler was last.

this will be your last post thank you for playing the Prologue of Eden Academy. Eden Academy Chapter 1: Shift, starts on the 25th of June 2011. Hope to see you there.