I shall venture into this.

K
04-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Deleted at author's request.

Wattz
04-14-2011, 11:57 PM
FUCK YEAH BRO.

Translation:

I believe this appears to be an intriguing experiment that I personally would enjoy partaking in due to its potential entertainment value.

Xanthuss
04-15-2011, 12:11 AM
Oh yes. I would LOVE to join :)
Thanks for sending me the link K :D

Biophysicist
04-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Eh, why not. I kind of got behind on the H&EP and doubt I can catch up on everything I missed, but that won't be the case here... Also I love high-tech SF.

Got anything so far? I can go really far with just a little, though ofc my ideas will just be my ideas.

StormWolf
04-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Let us go where no one has gone before! Can we still have the advanced ops?

Ushima
04-15-2011, 12:55 AM
oh hell yeah!

Atrum Daemon
04-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Let's do this.

Imp
04-15-2011, 03:17 AM
I'll join.

:| Undying |:
04-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Yep.

Dea m Smith
04-15-2011, 03:53 PM
looks good i am in

04-15-2011, 04:34 PM
I'd be happy to do cartography for this, as usual. I've got this awesome drawing style I want to try out.

Maybe the scale of the universe could be on the stellar level, i.e. regions constitute, usually, between 10 and 100 stars each. Galaxy-scale regions seem a bit cluttered in my view.

04-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Here's a demo of the map system I could work with. What do you think?

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/EmberFive/Mapsystem.png

K
04-16-2011, 01:29 AM

Xanthuss
04-16-2011, 04:44 AM
Oh, I like that very much Undying :D

04-16-2011, 09:42 AM
It's aesthetically pleasing. Still, the scope of this setting is up to the project's members, and will be determined by whatever means of interstellar travel they come up with.
Yeah. Well the map scale is ambiguous at the moment. It could represent any scale.

04-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Autayni

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/EmberFive/Autayniresized-1.jpg
Humanoid race hailing from Autayn in the Rahma system, bestriding the Cadarmetian Nebula.

The Autayni are supposedly descended from mountain-dwelling felines on their homeworld, rather than primates, which is mysterious for a race which almost exactly resembles human stock. Autayni are nocturnal and have an aptitude for dexterity, agility and sensory acuity, particularly among females, and are naturally capable of night vision. Both upper molar regions are fused into blade-like teeth sharp enough to shear through leather. Though both genders are known to have them, male fangs are vestigial. They can immediately be distinguished from other humanoids by their thin tails and pale eye color.

Racial discrimination against the Autayni is rife in colonies where they live as a minority. Being active at night is aggravating the problem; colonists find their sleep patterns and nightlife disrupted by Autayni activity. Tensions and violence are very common. This discrimination has had lasting effects on the attitudes of either side across many star systems.

It's no suprise that the limited number of Autayni that do leave their home system often become loners living on dry and unwanted worlds, or form Autayni gangs and pirate cabals.

Autayn
A world of golden meadows and searing deserts, Autayn experiences long nights and twilight-like days as a consequence of weak sunlight. The atmosphere is fairly turbulent and stormy/overcast weather is frequent in it's temperate regions. As the Autayn homeworld, Autayn's 5 billion inhabitants are entirely Autayni, and visitors are not welcome. For all it's serene beauty, Autayn is a resource-poor world and is a little acknowledged backwater.

The wierd, angular, clockwork-eldritch fusion that is Autayni architecture and technology dominates the planet, laughing in the face of science and reason. Disturbing occult religions practice ritual blinding and drug-induced trances in the worship of death itself. Some Autayni even claim to have been trained in sorcery here. More likely, these are exaggerations spread by eccentric traders, because any solid information regarding the world is unattainable.

04-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Autayni Empire

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/EmberFive/AutayniEmpire.png
Militaristic, aggressive and driven by a thirst for conquest, the Autayni Empire is rapidly annexing it's small or technologically inferior neighbours in and around the Cadarmetian Nebula, and has so far forced 5 species into slavery or pushed them to the edge of extinction. The Empire's expansion has been unchecked by any major power so far and, though it is not particularly large, it will likely control hundreds of systems by the end of the century.

Autayni culture pervades the Empire little outside of the Autayni homeworld; the Empire has more of a forced cultural fusion. It's worlds are valued more for their resources than their societies, and can vary from highly industrialised worlds that fuel Imperial expansion to carcarel worlds housing primitive indigenous races under Autayni overwatch. Today, there are a number of stellar colonies on the warpath, which live in fear of invasion and assimilation.

Only the Autayni can call themselves citizens; all others are secondary in social class and are routinely oppressed. Citizens are entitled to a considerable number of civil rights and have the right to vote in the Judge-Senate, which is like a combined judicial and legislative government. Autayni governments in the history of the homeworld have traditionally enjoyed the confidence of the citizenry and this is reflected in the Empire.

While the Judge-Senate may be democratic, true power lies with the Imperial Household and the military. When the Empire was first proclaimed, the Imperial Senate held much political sway, until it was violently destroyed and reformed by the Emperor. Nowadays it is filled with snakes and liars, favorites of the Emperor, and holds no real power. Traditionally, the Eagle Throne is claimed by force not by birthright, and is occupied as often by women as by men.

The latest reforms have introduced a standing army, the Imperial Navy and complementary Imperial Marines, to compensate for the decreasing number of Valkyries who are losing their status as the vanguard of the expansion. This is sparking tensions between the Imperial Household and the influential Valkyrie military families.

K
04-17-2011, 05:45 PM

04-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Yeah. I hope you don't mind. There are no threads up yet, so, I put it all here.

K
04-17-2011, 07:18 PM

04-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Done.

K
04-17-2011, 10:08 PM

Enigma
04-18-2011, 04:16 AM
Definitely a fun world to be in