PDA

View Full Version : [IC]The Adventures of Dr. Lazarus' Paranormal Science Adventure Team [Ep. 2]

Kiall
04-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Space, the final frontier, a frontier apparently full of jerks Jason mused as his small tank thing dodged out of the way of the bug creature’s pixilated blast. He had been playing Space Invaders all day and was determined to finally beat Cyndi’s high score. “Yeah take that! No earth women for you!” he cried blasting away, he’d been off all day apparently Cyndi was doing something with her father, or was it the president? he hadn’t really been paying attention at the time. Suddenly there was a bright flash of light at the corner of his eye , the force of the blast pushed him away from the game and sent him stumbling to a sitting position, standing before him was a strange man in a bright orange neon jumpsuit with dark shades, behind him stood a strange swirling portal.

“I am you from the future!” the man said “No time to explain we have to- OH CHRIST!” the future man screamed as a large wickedly barbed tentacle snaked out from the portal and grabbed the man pulling him through. Justin could hear screams of pain from the other side as well as the weird gurgle of some strange beast, but before he could react the portal had closed with an audible snap and the smell of ozone. “Well that was weird” Justin said picking himself up, he peered at the screen Game Over it said. Man! And he was so close too at this rate he was never gonna beat that score. He was so upset he didn’t even hear the footsteps behind him, he didn’t even notice anything was wrong until the brown sack was over his head. He struggled and flailed and then….darkness.

Jacogos
04-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Earlier that day, in an abandoned self-storage building on the edge of a town of no real importance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMD4ppvxDJI)

"Charles!! Get your round tukus out here, we have work to do!"

"Coming, Master!" Charles, Von Krugle's ever-loyal henchman, appeared out of his 'office' (more like his closet) and scampered over to the would-be evil dictator of the world. Johan grabbed the little man's shoulders and placed him directly in front of a large machine, grinning widely before he laughed his evil laugh.

"Behold, Cha- Oh hold on." He went over and flipped the light switch, then returned to his place. "BEHOLD, CHARLES!!! The Great Evil World Bridge!" It was a large circular object, standing on its side, just wide enough in diameter to clearance a small truck. Charles clapped vigorously and did a little cheering whistle. "It looks wonderful, Master! .... What does it do?"

"Here, I'll show you!!" Johan bustled the other man over to the Bridge and put him right in the middle of the ring, then hurried off to a large switch on the opposite wall that hadn't been there a few hours ago. "Don't blink!" He flipped the switch.

Bzzt... Buzzat! Creeeeeeeekle! BOOM! All the lights went out with a great popping sound as they burst.

"Well... That can't be good. Charles? Go get the replacement bulbs.

... Charles? Uh oh."

sneakyonfoota
04-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Whispers, so many whispers. So many voices speaking on top of one another. Unyieldingly they all tried to force themselves over each other. The girl could only process snippets between the babble and non sequiturs...

Planeswalkers...

What if you could slide into a thousand different worlds...

Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey...

...a web of 196 833 universes arranged in a pattern resembling a snowflake...

「住嘴...」 the girl muttered, her voice dry.

Cyndi sat upon the metal catwalk with her head buried in her knees. She shivered and her breath was short. Thin strands of vomited-up tea and cake dripped from the grates in front of her when the surge of sensory input overwhelmed her, culminating in a disorienting vertigo. How long had it been since she had ported to this vast subterranean chamber? Time seemed irrelevant down here, and if her memory had served her, it objectively was.

A man's voice spoke, "Then I trust you to do what is right for science?" Though detached and plain, there was a distinct weariness and melancholia in it.

「住嘴!」 Cyndi replied savagely. 「住嘴! 住嘴! 住嘴!」

The man's voice was oppressive in its clarity, passing over the background chatter as if it was only white noise. Cyndi could feel her chest squeeze when he spoke.

"Your words are hurtful, Xinling, but I know that you do not truly mean them. I understand that this is an uncomfortable experience, however it is the most efficient means for me to illustrate the situation, along with its stakes."

"...You're not my father..." replied Cyndi weakly, squinting against the dazzling light that turned the person she was speaking with into a mere silhouette.

A pause. "I will be sending you back now. Do take care. But don't forget, my little Dragon Lady, that this is larger than you, myself and everything you have ever known or held dear. Good luck. Daddy loves you."

「去你的! 去死!」

There was a sound that could have been a crackle of thunder or the roar of a locomotive. Either way, Cyndi found herself sprawled out upon the floor of her comfy sitting room back in the mansion. Reeking of flux and the sharp and stinging stench of her last teatime snack, she decided to remain where she lay with her eyes closed and to not think on what had been revealed to her in the last several hours.

Perhaps a round of Space Invaders was in order once she found her motivation again.

住嘴! = shut up!
去你的! 去死! = fuck off and die!

Kiall
04-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Justin woke up bleary eyed to the sound of a large drill whirring overhead, he found himself on a metal table his arms and legs bound by rope on each side above him was a man seemingly in his late twenties holding a large drill, he was wearing a white coat and had one of those old fashion head mirrors on, most of the room was dark so he really had no idea where he was. “Ah! how are you?!” Justin yelled, “Oh I’m good” the man replied seemingly pleased that someone had thought to ask, “That’s not what I meant, who are you?!” he corrected mentally kicking himself for messing that up again.

“Why I’m dentist you from another dimension of course!” the man replied “I’ve come to take your place in this dimension!” the man laughed maniacally and restarted his drill drawing it slowly closer to Justin. Justin was baffled, but come to think of it he did look rather familiar, the brown hair the unfocused eyes, there was even a nametag on his lab coat that helpfully said ‘Hello my name is Dr. Justin Hephmire your dentist’. “Why?” Justin asked, the man stopped his drill and replied “Because I don’t like being a dentist,” Looking up Justin said “But you get to look in people’s mouths, and mess with their teeth.” “Yeah I know it’s NOT fun!” Alternate Justin’s face began to redden as he continued, “My mother insisted that I take the job, but I never wanted it! It’s not fair why couldn’t I have wacky adventures fighting disco zombies from space with a midget super-“ “She’s not a midget” Justin interrupted, “What?” Dentist Justin asked. “Yeah I asked about that, turns out she’s twelve I think, and they prefer the term Little People” Dentist Justin tilted his head “So they just let her gallivant around hiring strange teenagers and handle large machinery and weapons?” “Apparently” Justin replied.

“Hmm interesting… gah! Stop getting me sidetracked I’ve come to kill you and take your place!” The Dentist restarted his drill and moved it closer to a panicking Justin. Just then a loud beeping came from the man’s lab coat, “ah noodles! Hold on I got to take this” he said taking a cell phone from out of his pocket, “Hello? Yeah hey man look I really can’t talk right now.” As he spoke he had placed the drill down on the table and turned away from Justin. The drill was right next to his head but he couldn’t reach, but maybe he could with his tiny invisible neck hands.

With a grunt of effort he extended his invisible arms to where his tiny invisible fingers just touched the handle of the drill. With a quick pull he grabbed the drill and cut the rope from his arms and legs. Before the dentist could turn around Justin smacked him with the butt of the drill. The man crumpled to the floor and started screaming “Ow! Ahh my head! Oh sweet angel hair pasta that hurt!” Justin scratched his head, he was hoping that hit would knock him out… so he tried it again thumping the man loudly on the head “ahhhhh! Why would you do that again! Ow that’s just unnecessary!” the man screamed. Justin decided to book it then before things got weird heading out the door and into the bright sunlight.

sneakyonfoota
04-28-2011, 03:05 AM
Cyndi awoke to the sound of a familiar voice--her own.

"Activate. Come on now."

With a groan she blinked her eyes open, though her vision was blurry. Apparently she had passed out shortly after she was ported back to the manor. She lacked the energy to properly react to the indignant-looking double of herself standing over her with her hands on her hips.

"Execute command line: See-colon-slash-see-aych-kay-dee-ess-kay."

「頂你個肺呀...」 murmured Cyndi.

The standing Cyndi frowned and then crouched beside the one lying upon the floor.

"Oh. That was unexpected," she said without any register of surprise in her voice. "I thought you were another replicant sent from Dr. Ethan Lazarus. As that is not the case..." She stood up straight slowly and smoothed the front of her skirt. "Computer, confine intruder. Turret defenses and neurotoxin on stand-by, please. Also... engage bio-scan."

"Compliance, Miss Cyndi," replied the male digital voice of the Lazarus estate's computer. "Bio-scan initiated."

At that, a circular field of energy was projected around the supine and groggy girl. A beam from the ceiling scanned her from head to foot. Additionally, a pair of cylinder-mounted auto-cannons lowered from overhead and pointed their twin barrels at her.

"I thought it awfully queer to find a duplicate of myself upon the parlour floor reeking of vomit," the second Cyndi said, pacing around the confinement field. She paused to glance down at the Cyndi being scanned, making no attempt to mask her utter contempt for her. "Well, let us have it, then. Anything to spare your life. I'm afraid that I do not feel particularly patient nor forgiving today."

The first Cyndi licked her lips, swallowed slowly and then croaked her words, "Computer... command override... Lazarus-charlie-beta-20020926."

"Acknowledged, Miss Cyndi," the computer responded.

The second Cyndi snapped her attention at the girl, then the ceiling. "Belay--"

But it was too late. The bio-scanner ceased its invasive motion in accordance to the override.

"Shut down confinement field and stand down defenses," said the first Cyndi hoarsely.

"Acknowledged, Miss Cyndi."

At that, the green energy field dissipated and the two turrets slid back into their hiding place amidst the wires, pipes and conduits of the high parlour ceiling.

The second Cyndi fumed with great self-restraint. "I suppose you think you are awfully clever right now," she said with a sneer.

A tense pause. Then,

"Tea," muttered the first Cyndi.

The second sighed defeatedly. "Yes, yes. Tea. Splendid." She skulked off toward the kitchen.

"And montblanc," the first added.

"I was more in a napoleon sort of mood, but as you wish," replied the second with a sarcastic curtsey and a slanted grin situated beneath a pair of shadowed and vengeful eyes.

「頂你個肺呀...」 - Go to hell... (not literally, but same usage)

Jacogos
04-29-2011, 03:05 PM
"Aha! There's the power switch!"

Sha-thunk! Swoosh! The lights came back on with a definitive surge of electrical power, lighting the self-storage building in entirety. Johan stood by a small lever on the opposite wall from the switch that had turned on the Great Evil World Bridge (GEWB for short). No one ever said he was logical when it came to lever placement. He looked around and suddenly realized he was alone.

"Charles? Where are you hiding?" Von Krugle shouted at nothing, for there was really nothing much in that building but the GEWB and all the power cords it had spewing out from its different sides. On that note, as Von Krugle stepped over one of the cords, his foot landed on something that was not ground, and upon inspection, found that it was a hand!

After a moment to compose himself after screaming and nearly wetting himself from the scare, further inspection revealed the hand to be attached to a body. This body was nearly hidden under one of the larger power cords, about three feet in diameter. Johan poked the body's side once, then again before the body let out a moan.

"Charles?" Johan asked tentatively.

The body stirred, then slowly slid out from under the cord. Well, it certainly looked like Charles. Except... "Charles, since when do you have a mustache?" The man who looked like Charles peered up at the scientist and suddenly stood, standing a good four feet tall, just like the regular Charles. He had one arm bent and placed on his hip with the other pointed out at Von Krugle in the stereotypical 'Good Guy spots Bad Guy' motif.

"YOU!" Was all this man said before tackling Von Krugle to the ground. Johan yet out a yelp and reached into the pocket of his lab coat for something ANYTHING he could use.

----------Intermission----------

A few moments later, 'Charles' was hanging from the ceiling by something and tied up in a colorful rope or string. Johan was tapping his foot and looking at this man with a vague expression.

"How you did that with some Silly String and a bottle of Tabasco Sauce (http://www.chakpak.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/4143d1230725211-tabasco_sauce.jpg) is beyond me." the Charles 'impostor' said.

"What can I say? I'm resourceful," Johan replied. "Now. Who are you and what have you done with the REAL Charles?"

The other man blinked. "I... Uh... I AM Charles." He suddenly looked over at the GEWB. "Is that a trans-dimensional portal?"

Johan smiled and perked up a little at the recognition. "Why yes, yes it-" He paused. He looked at the fake Charles. He looked at the GEWB. He looked at fake Charles again. He looked at the GEWB again.

"OH MY GAWSH, IT WORKED!!!"

sneakyonfoota
05-02-2011, 03:01 AM
Her brief jaunt to the Netherlands had taken its toll on Cyndi. She felt too wearied to resist a request from herself (or whatever that girl really was), and a mont blanc wasn't terribly difficult to produce. Still, she felt groggy and irritable. Fixed relative access point or not, she still had to physically travel to the nearest Lazarus Manor of the many scattered Lazarus Manors spread throughout the world in order to travel abroad with relative ease. Her father was far too stingy with power--what good was free energy if it meant that a transmat wasn't as accessible as running water? Honestly. Why, if she had unlimited access to the main power core, she could accomplish nearly anything, she supposed.

Instead, however, she constantly found herself taxied about in stuffy limousines or other mundane transportation after emerging from the estate's far-reaching front doors. Also, she felt especially bitter that an appeltaart could not have been readily supplied to her when she was in Noordeinde Palace. Well, business before pleasure.

Feh.

As she mindlessly milled about the kitchen, brewing the tea and placing a dozen prepared dessert glasses filled with hazelnut cream, Cyndi's mind went to the problem at hand: that duplicate in the parlour. The computer responded to the double's commands the way it only would to Cyndi herself--she even knew her personal override code. Her theories jumped from the simple to the comically absurd... temporal fractures, another misplaced attempt at paternal affection by her father, a conspiracy that could involve any number of Dr. Ethan Lazarus' previously vanquished foes... Bah.

Cyndi glanced at a levitating interface window that hovered close to her. Hmph. Bio-scan revealed nothing. Still...

"Computer, initiate simultaneous quantum scans of myself and the other Cyndi Lazarus," ordered Cyndi.

"Compli--"

The computer's acknowledgment was cut off by a blaring Klaxon. Warning lights spun on the walls, casting cones of purple hues all about the kitchen.

A purple alert? wondered Cyndi.

While she was aware of the existence of such a thing, she had never experienced one personally.

"How absolutely troublesome," she muttered with a growl.

Kiall
05-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Justin had charged through the doors of the mansion after patiently waiting for the scanner to confirm his identity, he raced through the halls towards the the doors leading to the parlour room. With a yell he kicked the door, however it was made of much sturdier stuff than say Justin’s foot and did not budge, it was a hell of a knock though. Grimacing from the pain he slowly opened the door just a crack and then proceeded to kick it open with his other foot. “Cyndi! You’ll never guess were I’ve been!” he yelled at his diminutive boss. “I was tied up and there was a dentist who was me! And… and..” he paused sniffing the air “I smell vomit.. did you throw up? Are you sick?” he said his voice suddenly calm and full of concern. “you pick up a bug from going to..” just then the alarm blared and the room was lit by purple warning lights. “Oh god it’s a code purple!” he still didn’t know what that was but it was probably really bad. “Quick Cyndi I’ll clear the way!” he cried before kicking the door again.

sneakyonfoota
05-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Not again, Cyndi lamented mentally from the floor. Her head already ringing since the moment she had materialised in the parlour, she was able to tune out the Klaxons from the Purple Alert. She scowled at the ceiling, having a profound sense of deja-vu from twelve hours prior when another Purple Alert sounded while she was having a late-night snack.

The mad thumping at the door, however, was something new, unassimilatable and very annoying.

"Computer... Identify that racket, please," said the supine Cyndi.

"That is Master Justin Hephmire, Miss Cyndi," replied the computer.

Who? Cyndi wasn't aware of such a person.

"Display in window," Cyndi ordered.

"Compliance."

A flatscreen monitor disengaged itself from the wall and floated obligingly toward the girl, rolling itself in the air so that its screen faced the young lady lying upon the floor.

Cyndi scanned the dossier displayed upon the screen unamusedly.

"...A sidekick," she muttered.

"Partially paid intern, Miss Cyndi," corrected the computer.

"Hmph."

Stupid Purple Alerts...

"Open doors."

"Acknowledged, Miss Cyndi," replied the computer.

The doors to the parlour slid back into their walls with a pressurized *whoosh*.

"...Hello, Justin Hephmire," greeted Cyndi rather stiffly while staring at the ceiling. "Be prepared for unforeseen circumstances."