PDA

View Full Version : Firefly: Return of the Browncoats (OOC)

Illusionist
11-30-2009, 12:55 AM
Premise:
The story takes place after the movie Serenity, after Mal reveals to the world what the Alliance had done on Miranda, and that they were responsible for the existence of the Reavers. This stirs up old anti-alliance sentiments in most of the border planets and even some core planets. Still angry over the deaths of Book, Wash, and Mr. Universe, Mal decides to revive the Browncoats and restart the war which was never truly over in his eyes. It seems like an impossible task but how many 'impossible' things had he managed to pull off over the last few years? Besides, this time he wasn't flying blind. He had a plan, and a damn good one at that. Mal had learned alot about fighting and survival in his days since the war and he didn't plan on making the same mistakes. This time the war wouldn't be fought by soldiers marching to their deaths on a battle field, because in that situation the Alliance would win hands down. No, they'd take the Allaince apart from the inside.

Prelude:

Xavier McGriffin stood on a small moon named Ida. The man wore a long brown coat, black cargo pants and a grey shirt. The dust around his feet shifted slightly in the breeze. He had already looked through the piles of old parts and scrap metal to see if there was anything he could use, but it seemed some other scavenger had already come and taken everything half useful. No matter, he was here for more important business.

Griff, as he was called by his crew, looked up at the twinkles in the sky, now growing somewhat impatient. Finally one of the twinkles grew larger as it got closer, and before long Griff was looking at a firefly class transport barreling towards him.

The firefly kicked up dust as it turned it’s thrusters downwards and lowered itself to the ground. The landing was a bit rough, but that was to be expected given the captain’s recent loss. Once on the ground the door to the hull opened and out walked none other than the now infamous Captain Malcolm Rynolds. “Didn’t take you for the type to be on time,” Malcolm called out to Griff as he approached.

“A lot’s changed since the war,” Griff said back, grasping Mal's hand when he had come within range. “So what brings you this way? And what brought you to bring me?”

“No need to waste time with small talk,” Mal said. “I’ll get right to the meat of it. I’m taking down the Alliance once and for all. If you want in, you’re in. Theres not many in the verse you can trust more than a Browncoat who fought to the end, so I’m here to give you a chance to go one more round. I’m bringing back the Browncoats.”

There was a moment of silence as Mal awaited his response. Griff thought Mal had lost his ruttin mind, or maybe it was just his grief speaking. Either way he’d put this as lightly as possible. “Mal, the war is over. The Alliance won. You have to move on, like everyone else.”

“That’s what everyone keeps telling me.” Mal said. “But that’s not the truth of it. The war isn’t over as long as someone’s still fightin', and I’m not the only one either. You’re fightin' it too. I heard about you knocking over an Alliance transport last month, stealing a fortune of foodstuffs.”

“I did that to survive. My crew and I were starving to death, you know how it is out there in the black.”

“If you wanted to survive you could have had a much easier time stealing from a backwater border planet, but you didn’t. You wanted to stick it to the Alliance, you wanted the soldiers at whatever outpost they were delivering to, to go hungry for a month. And you did it, you made that happen.” Mal said with a grin. He stepped closer now. “Not only are we both still fighting the war Griff, but we’re winning. Every time we have the Alliance on our tail and slip 'em it’s another battle won.”

Griff nodded. Most of what he said was true. “Alright, maybe I did do it to spite them, but I’m not lying to myself by thinking that I can overturn the Alliance one transport at a time.”

“No you can’t but you could start doing bigger jobs. Look at what happened after I got that disk played on screens all around the verse. Half the verse is ready to turn on the Alliance right now, and the Alliance lost damn near a whole fleet fighting the Reavers. They’re week right now, its not the time stop, it’s the time to strike again.”

“Mal if there was anyway I could help you with another job like that one, one that really mattered, I would, but you got lucky stumbling up on that disk. I’m not sure you can find enough luck to stumble across another chance to hurt the Alliance like that.”

“For once I’m not stumbling,” Mal said. “I’m making my own luck for now on.” At that he pulled out a small piece of paper and handed it to Griff. It read: ‘R3v3rs3r - Osiris’.

“What the hell? Just when I’m thinkin you’re making a lick of sense you go and hand me this.”

“You said if you could help me with another big job you would. That’s the job… or your part of it anyway.” Mal said. He seemed to be getting some sort of satisfaction in keeping Griff confused and in the dark for as long as possible. “The first part is the name, the second is the location. Your job is to find him before the Alliance does… When I went back to Mr. Universe’s place, I found a list of names and locations, and now it’s clear the Alliance has found it too. I think it’s his friends, hackers like him. If we can find them, and use them, we can take down the Alliance.”

“Hackers? That’s your plan?”

“Look Griff, you know no one appreciates the art of spraying hot lead more than I do, but we tried that already. We can’t beat the Alliance with that… not with that alone anyway. Mr. Universe did something amazing with his computers and now the Alliance is after others that can do it too. We have to get to them first.”

“Osiris is a ridiculously pro-Alliance planet,” Griff pointed out. “They wouldn’t have to look far to find this—uh…‘R3v3rs3r’? -- guy.” He pronounced the ‘3’s as if they were ‘e’s, figuring that’s the only way it made sense.

“If the guy is worth the trouble he’ll find a way to hide from them. This is the toughest target and thats why I gave it to you.”

Griff nodded. “How many other targets are there?”

“There’s about a dozen hackers, and I’ve already got Browncoats going after the other ones. That’s why its best you get going now. When the Alliance finds that someone else is going after the hackers they’ll be far more alert than they are now. I myself am on my way to the Rim to make a living there until you all have finished your mission. The Alliance is after me so I’m going to avoid them for a while, but I’m not done fighting, not by a long shot. I’ll keep in touch. ”

“Other Browncoats? They’ve agreed to this?”

Mal smiled. “Ding ding, Round two.” He said before turning and walking off back towards his ship.

“They’ll find you,” Griff called out. He knew how badly the Alliance wanted Malcolm Reynolds dead after the stunt he pulled. “They’ll tear the Rim apart to get to you.”

“Lets hope that while they’re doing that, you all are able to slip in the back door and make them pay for their crimes.”

This job seemed dangerous. Griff knew he’d probably need more crew members, and the fair of few a passengers; there was never a shortage of people wanting passage to Osiris. Persephone was on the way. That’s where he’d stop.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Appearance: (Description and/or pics (no anime please))
Job: (Enforcer/Pilot/Mechanic/Doctor/Companion/Passenger/ something else)
Weapons and/or Skills:
Personality:
Brief History:

Note: Your character can be already a part of Griff’s crew if you’d like (be sure to specify if that’s the case) or they can be new, but everyone has to be on Persephone (the starting point of the RP)

Rules:
*All usual rules apply: no goddmoding, be respectful, etc. etc.
*Try tick to the themes of Firefly. I encourage creativity but no aliens or non-human creatures.
*At parts I may need to skip ahead in time, for instance on a long space ride. I'm the only one allowed to skip ahead, if your character does anything important in the skipped time you can summerize what happened or flashback (but if you must interact with other characters in a flashback be sure to discuss it over pm with the person first)

Note: Griff will pilot a firefly class transport (named Siren). Call me unoriginal but this is for simplicity, since we all know what it looks like and how it's layed out inside. Aslo its just a cool freaking design and I couldn't come up with a better one!

Also any suggestions or criticisms are welcomed. This story belongs to everyone who joins not just me, so don't hesitate to speak up.

Illusionist
11-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Persephone (Core planet):

As seen in ‘Shindig’ and Firefly’s pilot episode. Unlike many core planets Persephone doesn’t rely much on exploiting border planets for resources. Instead the nobility exploits the people on-world living in the slums. Persephone’s spacefaring middle class makes it a good place to buy used ships, ship parts, fuel, etc. Or take on passengers.

The higher class citizens have a Victorian social structure, complete with lavish parties and debutante balls, arranged marriages ect. Many upper class citizens own slaves which work both in their homes and in any factories or mines they may own in the poor parts of the planet.

The middle class citizens deal mostly with trading and spacefaring to and from the many nearby planets and moons. While there is plenty trading to be done, since Persephone is a major exporter of raw materials, middle class traders often have trouble making a living due to the outrageous taxes that the nobility imposes. Because of this, Persephone has a large number of crime rings in it’s middle class areas, some of them aimed only at skirting the taxes, others are more far reaching.

The lower class mostly lives in mining and factory towns in extreme poverty. Few people from off-world ever see these towns, or even know about them, and its easy to believe that Persephone’s raw materials just pop out of the blue, already refined and ready for export. These lower-class towns are often left to govern themselves and there is often violence over their small water supplies.

Persephone is a dusty planet, as are the other planets nearby. Other than that the weather is often sunny and warm. It never rains in Persephone, all the water is imported.

Illusionist
11-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Xavier McGriffin (captain)

Name: Xavier McGriffin (Goes By McGriffin or Griff)
Appearance:
http://images.newfaces.com/userimages/mainimages/johnspike-johnspike-585e.jpg
Often wears a long brown coat, a grey shirt, and black cargo pants.

Job: Captain of Siren
Weapons and/or Skills: Assault rifle with scope. Good marksman.
Personality: Practical minded when the situation allows, and not the type for needless heroics. He doesn’t much like to kill, but he has no problems with causing enemies significant amounts of pain. When killing must be done he'll usually let his enforcers handle it, but when he's pushed too far he can re-enter war mode, which isn't good for anyone involved.

Brief History: Xavier was born to an extremely poor couple working in the mines of Regina. Like most of the other miners they suffered from ‘Browlen’s Malady’ a degenerative disease. They decided that the life of a miner wasn’t the life they wanted for their son so they took all their savings and used it to book a round trip to Ariel. Just before leaving Ariel they left their son on the doorstep of a family which they deemed nice and caring, leaving a note explaining the situation.

The family didn’t accept Xavier though, instead they took him to an orphanage. He still lived a comfortable life. He was given the note from his parents as soon as he was able to read. When he was able to write he wrote them back. ‘verse wide transmissions didn’t exist so Xavier had to send handwritten letters to them in the mail (which took months). His parents were overjoyed to hear that, although he was in an orphanage, he was living a comfortable life. They promised to come visit him when they had the means to make another trip. Xavier waited all his days at the orphanage but it never happened.

Later in his life, when the Unification war started Xavier, now referred to as McGriffin, was drafted into the Alliance’s military, and he moved to an outpost closer to Regina (inside it’s broadcast range). His parents, which were strong supporters of the Independents, convinced him to send classified information to the leaders of the Independents, effectively making him a spy for the Browncoats. As McGriffin rose through the ranks of the Alliance army his information became more and more important to the Browncoats until one day he had to lead a battalion into battle. He had arranged to lead his battalion into a trap, but when it came time to do it he hesitated. The men he was supposed to lead to their deaths trusted him and they were good honest men, although they worked for a corrupted power hungry government. He did finally lead his men into the trap, although he arrived an hour or so late, and after all his men were killed he joined the Browncoats officially, and stayed loyal to them throughout the war and until present day. During the war McGriffin went to visit his parents in Regina but he found that all the miners had died after the Alliance stopped sending medicine.

After the war he started doing free lance work in his own ship, just like many other men who, till this day, still wore their brown coats, and still refuse to count themselves as a citizen of any Alliance owned planet.

Erin Muñoz (Mechanic)

Name: Erin Muñoz

Appearance: http://www.michellerodriguezforum.com/pix/michelle%20rodriguez3.jpg

Job: Mechanic

Weapons and/or Skills: She can't fire a gun or murder someone, but boy, if someone touches the engineer of her baby (Siren) she'll hit 'em over the head with monkey wrench. She's able to turn a old engine into a new engine with a few new pieces and some good ole elbow grease.

Personality: Fun, witty, sarcastic, loveable, talker

Brief History: Erin was born on one of the alliance planets. Her mother was a "in the moment, must be popluar" type of mom. She wanted Erin to be a prissy, high-class girl who would marry to someone rich. Her father was and still is one of the advisor's on the alliance board. Erin knew she never wanted to be like her parents, so she took after her older brother. Erin's brother was disowned by the family, because he didn't want to do what his father did, so he became a mechanic. Erin was taught all she knew about ships from her brother. After her 18th birthday, Erin sorta ran away from the high class soceiety and joined up with Griff, just to rebel againest everything she was raised up to love. Along the way with Griff, she sorta fell in love with the Browncoat way and disowned the alliance way.

Alexander Osterham (Enforcer)

Name: Alexander Osterham
Appearance:
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Dean-Winchester--dean-winchester-69977_600_900.jpg
Has a scar on his forhead. I think you can make it out on the image. If you cant, it starts just above his right eyebrow and goes to his hairline.
Job: Enforcer
Weapons and/or Skills:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2415/2118807509_d1722d343f.jpg?v=0
http://www.surplusandadventure.com/images/product/main/g36_c.jpg
http://www.punisherknife.com/prototypes_files/SPeDTwoA.jpg

Hidden around his bunk:
http://www.defensereview.com/stories/hk/HK45-StillLife.jpg
http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Auto-Pistols/HK_SP89.gif
http://www.major-malfunction.com/hk_mp5k_g36c_photogallery.jpg
http://40mm.com/M203PI-Tactical.JPG

Personality: Belligerant, coarse, and - more often than not - vulgar. Love his women, his smoke, his guns, and his drink. Has a compulsion to blow up anything with an Alliance badge on it.
Brief History: Despite his looks, Alex is a bastard. Fighting in the War for Independence with his little brother, he promised their parents that he would keep his brother safe. When the war was "over" he refused to stop, raiding the store houses for explosives before the gorram Alliance came to clean everything up. He would then hop from world to world using small and unassuming trasport ships, targeting anything that looked expensive and had an Alliance badge, and proceeded to blow it to infinity.

When the news reached him via Wave, he gathered all his guns and all but swam in the black to join the fight. It was time to settle the score.

Derrick Osterham (Pilot)

Appearance:
http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/ap/nyet43811031703.widec.jpg

Job: Pilot

Weapons and/or Skills:
Derrick is a skilled pilot and quite the wordsmith. His true talents lie in his ability to pilot, and not necessarily in his ground combat. That’s not to say that Derrick doesn’t know how to shoot a gun, rather it just not his primary skill. When he does use a gun, Derrick usually avoids the ones that require a lot of practice and skill, utilizing instead something with “a bit more kick”.

http://www.yourprops.com/norm-472cf8749e60e-Firefly+(TV)+(2002).jpeg

Personality:
Calm, cool, collected, and ever the gentlemen, Derrick is the quintessential ladies man, who said chivalry was dead? Beyond that Derrick is a kind hearted young man, and a devoted friend. Derrick in general is a very light individual, but when it comes to battle his cheerful demeanor is replaced with a resolve hardened by years of war.

Brief History:
Born as the second son to two poor colonists of the Rim Moon Ita, the entire Osterham family lived a simple farming life, Ita itself only useful for farming. The two young men grew up as strong young men, whose lives were to be dedicated to farming, yet Derrick always wondered if there was more.

When war broke out Ita was utilized by the Browncoats as way station and a recruiting center, Derrick saw this as his first and only chance to get off Ita, and though he knew very little about the Alliance or the resistance movement, he and his brother seized the opportunity.

While his brother Alex proved himself a formidable fighter, Derrick distinguished himself as a very talented pilot and a smooth talker. Derrick served as a pilot for the Independents for four years, and distinguished himself during the blockade of New Kashmir. Derricks most important act during the war in his mind came when he lead the evacuation of hundreds of browncoats during the battle of Serenity Valley. One of the men that he evacuated that day was Xavier McGriffin, and after saving Griff the two became quick friends, and well, the rest is history.

On this newest job Derrick sent a wave to his brother letting him know that they were going to finally shut down the Alliance once and for all, and invited him to temporarily join the crew, but he did have to admit that the job seemed almost too ruttin’ good to be true.

Sari (companion)

Name: Sari

Appearance: Sari is a sound 5'4'' and about 130 lbs. She has tan skin and honey brown hair and vibrant green eyes. She is toned and obviously well-excercised, always well dressed and clean.

Job: Companion (as though you expected anything else from me)

Weapons and/or Skills: Sari is a very talented companion, and lays claim to all the necessary talents therein. She is also a skilled conversationalist, an awarded dancer and singer, and is commended for her massages. She, like most companions, is trained in the art of self defense, archery, and swordsmanship, and although her aim is very good, she is not a fighter and relies on ingratiating herself to people who are.

Personality: Sari is a contradiction. She always strives to be poised and elegant, but there is a rough and rowdy streak in her that occasionally shows. She is a shrewd woman though, and cares greatly for her profit margins. Highly intelligent and well-educated, she carries herself carefully and guards her secrets with well placed distractions. She is independent and manipulative, and will use others to her own means. Sari carries no great love for the law, and the only authority she bows to is the guild.

Brief History: Sari was found on the planet Paquin, and was assumed to be the abandoned daughter of a dancer girl. She was raised by a "ringmaster," who owned a circus and carnival. She went with her adopted father on many trips to resort planets such as Pelorum, where she learned shrewd business and bookkeeping from many women of ill repute. Sari was scouted for companion training, but her adopted family could not afford the tuition. However, when she was fourteen, Sari was whisked away from her family to a Companion school, where she remained until recently. Her tuition was payed by a third party, but she very suddenly left in the past year to join the crew of the Siren. She has been remarkably mum about her reasons.

James P. Morgan (Sheperd)

Appearance:
http://blogs.bet.com/entertainment/whattheflick/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/244freemanmorgan092806.jpg
Job: Passenger/ Sheperd
Weapons and/or Skills: Diplomat, Businessman, Field Medic, working knowledge of guns. Minor B&E knowledge from younger years.

1 pocket bible, a broken basic all-key from his childhood, and a small leather bag with a first-aid kit (ace bandage and guaze, sewing needle and thread, and a tin flask burbon for the pain.)

A small gun inside a regular sized false bible for when he has to use something.
http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/image/norica/blank-revolver-mod38.jpg
Personality: Most of the time he is calm, patient, kind, and full of sage advice for people whether they want it or not. However, there is a point, a line if you will, that if you cross it. Find a diety quickly to pray to because you made a lasting enemy with a mind of a patient chess master.

Brief History:
Born to a impoverished family with alot of kids, his parents gave him over to a Church to be raised well and fed. Growing up James got his basic education from Bible and the Sheperds that took care of him. This included his "Three R's", gardening, sewing, and chess.

As he grew up, he did like all kids do and found friends among the local boys. Unfortunately, those boys were not the best influences on his young mind, and he got to lots of trouble for pickpocketing and Breaking and Entering, but since he was a kid, the Sheperds were able to keep bailing him out.

James eventually "grew out" of it and became a Sheperd and a missionary. He was often on either side of the war providing what help he could. It was during this period James received his field medical training from the Alliance doctors, however, they only wanted him to help their soldiers. He disagreed so he up and ran to Independant's line. James was tortured by the Browncoats because they believed he was a spy, but he slowly proved trustworthy and was allowed to help the soldiers of both sides, if only in secret.

James, like most of the losers, became a drifter. He hoped from one job to another when he got bored with it for years. He finally got word that on Haven there was a place setting up to be a refuge for the meek and downtrodden. His curiousity got the better of him, so he took the first transport he could afford to see if he could help.

On this refuge, New Haven, he met Sheperd Book for the first time. Over some months, almost a year, they became friends and started to understand each other. When they had free time, Sheperd Book from being the leader and Sheperd Morgan from being the resident physican, they played a game of poker or sometimes chess, which they never finish because something would always come up. James felt it was nice to have someone to take theology with and have a peaceful home, which changed quickly when an Alliance fleet bombarded the planet. James was the last person off the planet, and he regrets it every day

mcstringer
11-30-2009, 02:01 AM
yes we do. And your char spoiler ain't workin'.

Illusionist
11-30-2009, 03:36 AM
*Fixed*

StormWolf
11-30-2009, 03:42 AM
Gah! I can't make up my mind on appearance!

StormWolf
11-30-2009, 03:49 AM
Name: Alexander Osterham
Appearance:
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Dean-Winchester--dean-winchester-69977_600_900.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1238/564694472_c8c712d906.jpg
Has a scar on his forehead, it starts just above his right eyebrow and goes to his hairline.
Job: Enforcer
Weapons and/or Skills:
Alex is a natural marksman, learninf how to shoot and handle and care for a gun properly from his father, having to help defend the farm from trespassers and other shady individuals. He can be stealthy when it is required, thus the large knife he has strapped to his leg. Master of managing and even creating explosives as well as being a master with guns. He says they talk to him, tell him where to aim. Whether that be the similar gift that Kaylee had or just him being a little batty, it is up for contemplation.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2415/2118807509_d1722d343f.jpg?v=0
http://www.rps.net/QS/GUNS/spas-12.jpg
http://www.punisherknife.com/prototypes_files/SPeDTwoA.jpg

Hidden around his bunk:
http://www.defensereview.com/stories/hk/HK45-StillLife.jpg
http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Auto-Pistols/HK_SP89.gif
http://www.major-malfunction.com/hk_mp5k_g36c_photogallery.jpg
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu214/sigboy40/400px-Saiga12FireflyVera2.jpg
http://40mm.com/M203PI-Tactical.JPG

Personality: Belligerant, coarse, and - more often than not - vulgar. Love his women, his smoke, his guns, and his drink. Has a compulsion to blow up anything with an Alliance badge on it. Deadly protective of his little brother, though it may not always seem the case.
Brief History: Despite his looks, Alex is a bastard. Fighting in the War for Independence with his little brother, he promised their parents that he would keep his brother, Derrick, safe.

He proved himself in the Battle of Du'Khang, showing that he was a master of geurilla warfare, even among the Browncoats. The tight quarters fighting made for great choke points to place booby-traps and explosive ambushes. He earned the Distinguished Service Medal and four Purple Hearts in that battle alone, giving him a record or reckless endangerment. It was in that battle he also developed his near-obcessive love for things that explode and make a bing bang as well as become a deadly marksman.

In the battle of Serenity Valley, Alex deserted what was left of his squad to make sure that his brother was safe. Family first, after all. Once he made sure Derrick was safe and off-world, he went renegade, trying to our-run and out-maneuver the Purplebellies any chance he got. Sometimes he was successful, other times he ended up in the can, allowing himself a few days rest in a cell before busting himself out.

When the war was "over" he refused to stop, raiding the store houses for explosives before the gorram Alliance came to clean everything up. He would then hop from world to world using small and unassuming trasport ships, targeting anything that looked expensive and had an Alliance badge, and proceeded to blow it to infinity.

When the news reached him via Wave, he gathered all his guns and all but swam in the black to join the fight. It was time to settle the score.

nonangelic92
11-30-2009, 03:57 AM
Storm your image spoiler don't work for me :( oh and Im creatin a sheet after I post this.

StormWolf
11-30-2009, 04:01 AM
oh, okay. I made it a link, so you should be able to view it now.

mcstringer
11-30-2009, 04:01 AM
Ditto

StormWolf
11-30-2009, 04:02 AM
all of my spoilers?

nonangelic92
11-30-2009, 04:26 AM
Can't wait

Name: Erin Muñoz

Appearance: http://www.michellerodriguezforum.com/pix/michelle%20rodriguez3.jpg

Job: Mechanic

Weapons and/or Skills: She can't fire a gun or murder someone, but boy, if someone touches the engineer of her baby (Siren) she'll hit 'em over the head with monkey wrench. She's able to turn a old engine into a new engine with a few new pieces and some good ole elbow grease.

Personality: Fun, witty, sarcastic, loveable, talker

Brief History: Erin was born on one of the alliance planets. Her mother was a "in the moment, must be popluar" type of mom. She wanted Erin to be a prissy, high-class girl who would marry to someone rich. Her father was and still is one of the advisor's on the alliance board. Erin knew she never wanted to be like her parents, so she took after her older brother. Erin's brother was disowned by the family, because he didn't want to do what his father did, so he became a mechanic. Erin was taught all she knew about ships from her brother. After her 18th birthday, Erin sorta ran away from the high class soceiety and joined up with Griff, just to rebel againest everything she was raised up to love. Along the way with Griff, she sorta fell in love with the Browncoat way and disowned the alliance way.

Other info: Griff and the gang don't know about Erin's past. She told them she was born on Whitefall, and stuck with it ever since.

nonangelic92
11-30-2009, 04:27 AM
Now if I go to the link, it says forbidden.

Illusionist
11-30-2009, 04:38 AM
Your link is broken for me to Stormwolf.

Btw: your mention of hidden guns around the bunk reminds me of a hilarious scene in Firefly. Remember when the assassin broke into Serenity in the middle of night and Jayne wakes up like he heard something, and pulls to he sheet from over his gun rack... ... and then he drapes it over himself and goes back to sleep. lololol.

nonangelic92
11-30-2009, 04:41 AM
lol that was the funest scene in that episode, I was for sure he was gonna grab a gun and see what was happening, but no he's goota sleep lol. Oh hey Illusionist am I accepted?

Illusionist
11-30-2009, 04:44 AM
Yeah, ofcourse. I'll add you to list...

nonangelic92
11-30-2009, 04:45 AM
Awesome!! *Does happy dance*

Illusionist
11-30-2009, 04:47 AM
Storm you're accepted to just fix your link situation.

StormWolf
11-30-2009, 05:01 AM
okay, i think that should work. Does it work? The last link worked for my comp, so I need some outside help here. lol

nonangelic92
11-30-2009, 05:04 AM
oh yeah its works, and btw i just love him cause he's hot.

StormWolf
11-30-2009, 05:07 AM
hooray being butch

nonangelic92
11-30-2009, 05:08 AM
lol, well I gotas go, so ttyl guys.

StormWolf
11-30-2009, 05:33 AM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/1/5/633667845868267488-jayne.jpg

mcstringer
11-30-2009, 06:49 AM
Ok, I need a consenus vote for my character. The Stoner/Rocker pilot or a "Sheperd".

Question to help decide. Has weaker drugs like weed survived or is flash it?

StormWolf
11-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Shepherd

Illusionist
11-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Excalibur: since even most edible plants are rare, I'd guess that weed didn't make it (but its your call, its not like the absence of weed is critical to the story).

But Ryudo PMed me with interest in being the pilot, so I'd vote Shepard with storm.

The Gypsy Queen
11-30-2009, 07:50 PM
This begs doing... I've loved this show and the movie and the comics for years...

Name: Sari

Appearance: Sari is a sound 5'4'' and about 130 lbs. She has tan skin and honey brown hair and vibrant green eyes. She is toned and obviously well-excercised, always well dressed and clean.

Job: Companion (as though you expected anything else from me)

Weapons and/or Skills: Sari is a very talented companion, and lays claim to all the necessary talents therein. She is also a skilled conversationalist, an awarded dancer and singer, and is commended for her massages. She, like most companions, is trained in the art of self defense, archery, and swordsmanship, and although her aim is very good, she is not a fighter and relies on ingratiating herself to people who are.

Personality: Sari is a contradiction. She always strives to be poised and elegant, but there is a rough and rowdy streak in her that occasionally shows. She is a shrewd woman though, and cares greatly for her profit margins. Highly intelligent and well-educated, she carries herself carefully and guards her secrets with well placed distractions. She is independent and manipulative, and will use others to her own means. Sari carries no great love for the law, and the only authority she bows to is the guild.

Brief History: Sari was found on the planet Paquin, and was assumed to be the abandoned daughter of a dancer girl. She was raised by a "ringmaster," who owned a circus and carnival. She went with her adopted father on many trips to resort planets such as Pelorum, where she learned shrewd business and bookkeeping from many women of ill repute. Sari was scouted for companion training, but her adopted family could not afford the tuition. However, when she was fourteen, Sari was whisked away from her family to a Companion school, where she remained until recently. Her tuition was payed by a third party, but she very suddenly left in the past year to join the crew of the Siren. She has been remarkably mum about her reasons.

mcstringer
11-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Name: James P. Morgan
Appearance: http://blogs.bet.com/entertainment/whattheflick/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/244freemanmorgan092806.jpg
Job: Passenger/ Sheperd
Weapons and/or Skills: Diplomat, Businessman, Field Medic, working knowledge of guns. Minor B&E knowledge from younger years.

1 pocket bible, a broken basic all-key from his childhood, and a small leather bag with a first-aid kit (ace bandage and guaze, sewing needle and thread, and a tin flask burbon for the pain.)

A small gun inside a regular sized false bible for when he has to use something.
http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/image/norica/blank-revolver-mod38.jpg

Personality: Most of the time he is calm, patient, kind, and full of sage advice for people whether they want it or not. However, there is a point, a line if you will, that if you cross it. Find a diety quickly to pray to because you made a lasting enemy with a mind of a patient chess master.

Brief History:
Born to a impoverished family with alot of kids, his parents gave him over to a Church to be raised well and fed. Growing up James got his basic education from Bible and the Sheperds that took care of him. This included his "Three R's", gardening, sewing, and chess.

As he grew up, he did like all kids do and found friends among the local boys. Unfortunately, those boys were not the best influences on his young mind, and he got to lots of trouble for pickpocketing and Breaking and Entering, but since he was a kid, the Sheperds were able to keep bailing him out.

James eventually "grew out" of it and became a Sheperd and a missionary. He was often on either side of the war providing what help he could. It was during this period James received his field medical training from the Alliance doctors, however, they only wanted him to help their soldiers. He disagreed so he up and ran to Independant's line. James was tortured by the Browncoats because they believed he was a spy, but he slowly proved trustworthy and was allowed to help the soldiers of both sides, if only in secret.

James, like most of the losers, became a drifter. He hoped from one job to another when he got bored with it for years. He finally got word that on Haven there was a place setting up to be a refuge for the meek and downtrodden. His curiousity got the better of him, so he took the first transport he could afford to see if he could help.

On this refuge, New Haven, he met Sheperd Book for the first time. Over some months, almost a year, they became friends and started to understand each other. When they had free time, Sheperd Book from being the leader and Sheperd Morgan from being the resident physican, they played a game of poker or sometimes chess, which they never finish because something would always come up. James felt it was nice to have someone to take theology with and have a peaceful home, which changed quickly when an Alliance fleet bombarded the planet. James was the last person off the planet, and he regrets it every day.

nonangelic92
11-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Yay, another girl. Queen, I love you, your the best.

StormWolf
12-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Awesome, we have god as our Shepherd

mcstringer
12-01-2009, 12:38 AM
God with Bourbon. I am finishing my character history now.

nonangelic92
12-01-2009, 01:41 AM
dude even though Morgan Freeman is like late 50's early 60's he is still a good looking black man

mcstringer
12-01-2009, 02:16 AM
Down girl.

nonangelic92
12-01-2009, 02:17 AM
lol excuse me for having a taste in men. lol

The Gypsy Queen
12-01-2009, 02:28 AM
Woot. We will rock this.

nonangelic92
12-01-2009, 02:32 AM
oh yeah. By the time the IC get's up, i'm gonna be freakin' out

Ryudo
12-01-2009, 02:39 AM
Name: Derrick Osterham

Appearance:
http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/ap/nyet43811031703.widec.jpg

Job: Pilot

Weapons and/or Skills:
Derrick is a skilled pilot and quite the wordsmith. His true talents lie in his ability to pilot, and not necessarily in his ground combat. That’s not to say that Derrick doesn’t know how to shoot a gun, rather it just not his primary skill. When he does use a gun, Derrick usually avoids the ones that require a lot of practice and skill, utilizing instead something with “a bit more kick”.

http://www.yourprops.com/norm-472cf8749e60e-Firefly+(TV)+(2002).jpeg

Personality:
Calm, cool, collected, and ever the gentlemen, Derrick is the quintessential ladies man, who said chivalry was dead? Beyond that Derrick is a kind hearted young man, and a devoted friend. Derrick in general is a very light individual, but when it comes to battle his cheerful demeanor is replaced with a resolve hardened by years of war.

Brief History:
Born as the second son to two poor colonists of the Rim Moon Ita, the entire Osterham family lived a simple farming life, Ita itself only useful for farming. The two young men grew up as strong young men, whose lives were to be dedicated to farming, yet Derrick always wondered if there was more.

When war broke out Ita was utilized by the Browncoats as way station and a recruiting center, Derrick saw this as his first and only chance to get off Ita, and though he knew very little about the Alliance or the resistance movement, he and his brother seized the opportunity.

While his brother Alex proved himself a formidable fighter, Derrick distinguished himself as a very talented pilot and a smooth talker. Derrick served as a pilot for the Independents for four years, and distinguished himself during the blockade of New Kashmir. Derricks most important act during the war in his mind came when he lead the evacuation of hundreds of browncoats during the battle of Serenity Valley. One of the men that he evacuated that day was Xavier McGriffin, and after saving Griff the two became quick friends, and well, the rest is history.

On this newest job Derrick sent a wave to his brother letting him know that they were going to finally shut down the Alliance once and for all, and invited him to temporarily join the crew, but he did have to admit that the job seemed almost too ruttin’ good to be true.

nonangelic92
12-01-2009, 02:41 AM
omg we have the brother from supernaturals, dude this is gonna be the awesomest rp ever.

Mysteria
12-01-2009, 02:48 AM
Damn I wish I wasn't already in so many rp's but I just had to say how awesome this looks.

And Morgan Freeman!!

*faints* He is a God among actors!!

nonangelic92
12-01-2009, 02:49 AM
thank you Mysteria. See guys, I'm not the only one who likes him.

Ryudo
12-01-2009, 02:56 AM
I think that he is quite a talented and distinguished man.
On another realted note, his voice is what I imagine narrating my own life, its so soothing and amazing.

mcstringer
12-01-2009, 03:11 AM
I would like to point out I said it because you (non) have said it about every guy character up to that point.

It was just ment as a little joke.

Mysteria, I am already in a boat load. Join the party.

nonangelic92
12-01-2009, 03:16 AM
hey every character just some. lol like Storm's character, and Ryu's character, and yours. Wait that's all the characters but Griff, and we cant comment on the boss. lol. but wait i have like all the guy characters omg, what does that make me? :(

mcstringer
12-01-2009, 03:23 AM
A girl.............duh

nonangelic92
12-01-2009, 03:28 AM
lol whatever Ex. Your just jealous your not one. lol

mcstringer
12-01-2009, 03:32 AM
No thank you, I'll take the cheap clothes and "Machoness" attitude over expensive as hell stuff, mood swings, and birth any day

nonangelic92
12-01-2009, 03:35 AM
hey Im a girl can I don't have an exspensive stuff, sure I have mood swings, and then its called painkillers.

StormWolf
12-01-2009, 04:57 AM
omg we have the brother from supernaturals, dude this is gonna be the awesomest rp ever.

both the brothers.
Dean Winchester as Alex Osterham.
Sam Winchester as Derrick Osterham.

I give to you the Brothers of Destruction.

StormWolf
12-03-2009, 06:29 AM
If this rp doesn't get off of the ground, I swear by my floral pink bonnet, I will end you

mcstringer
12-03-2009, 06:35 AM
What? I figured you to be a pink frilly apron kind of guy.

StormWolf
12-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Nah. I'm really fair skinned. Bonnet keeps me from getting sunburns

The Gypsy Queen
12-03-2009, 06:52 AM
XD Hilarious. I am so watching all the episodes again.

mcstringer
12-03-2009, 07:01 AM
If you can find a place that has them all tell me.

The Gypsy Queen
12-03-2009, 07:02 AM
I have the box set. XD

mcstringer
12-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Oh that's dispicable-Daffy Duck

The Gypsy Queen
12-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Best birthday present ever.

mcstringer
12-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Why thank you, but my birthday is not until Feb 10.

nonangelic92
12-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Lol wow being away for a day actually makes reading this all better.

StormWolf
12-04-2009, 07:03 AM
this gorram boat needs to get off the ground! We can pick up more folk at Persephone!

mcstringer
12-04-2009, 07:19 AM
I am agreeing with Storm

Row, row, row, this boat gently to the IC. Merryly, Merryly, Merryly, we shall go and POOOOSSSTTTT.

Thank you Thank you I'll be here all night.

StormWolf
12-04-2009, 07:49 AM
*slap*

The Gypsy Queen
12-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Hmm. Must be U-Day.

mcstringer
12-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Ouch why'd you do that.

StormWolf
12-05-2009, 10:15 PM
i act on impulse.... sometimes. I'm just itchin' to get this gorram show on the road.

The Gypsy Queen
12-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Yes please.

nonangelic92
12-06-2009, 01:53 AM
I know how you all feel. Oh which reminds me, I added another thing to my character. You all dont know that I'm from a richie-rich family okay. I'll tell the crew...someday.

Illusionist
12-06-2009, 01:57 AM
Hey guys... Really sorry but I don't really have time to GM this rp... I feel horrible about it, but I have finals coming up and everything... Sorry. You guys are free to start it without me, or you all could wait a week till next saturday when I'll have a crap load of free time. Again really sorry.

nonangelic92
12-06-2009, 03:00 AM
Aww that sucks. What does everyone else think? I personally wanna start this but we need you Griff.

The Gypsy Queen
12-06-2009, 03:09 AM
I also would love to start... but I can wait till Saturday.

Ryudo
12-06-2009, 09:16 AM
We can't do this without you Cap'n, I got no problem waitin; Alliance ain't going anywhere anyways!

mcstringer
12-06-2009, 09:28 AM
My finals aren't until next week so I am game for starting this Saturday. (Posting this 3 am on Sunday morning).

StormWolf
12-06-2009, 08:56 PM
I understand. Just be gettin back sooner than later. I didn't sign on fer charity. !0% of nuthin'.... let me do the math. Nuthin', plus nuthin', carry the nuthin'...

Translation: As long as it gets started, I'll be a happy panda

and I made some minor changes to my character's profile

mcstringer
12-15-2009, 04:05 PM
I am having withdrawals. Whenever this starts......

Lord Tully
12-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Ohh man I wish I'd found this sooner, still do you have room for one more?

Peacekeeper
12-21-2009, 06:28 PM
this gorram boat needs to get off the ground! We can pick up more folk at Persephone!So here I am.

This forum looks really good, but the main reason I registered is there is this awesome-looking Firefly roleplay! I love that show.

Since it hasn't started yet, I hope I could join. My character would meet Siren's crew in Persephone. I hope you find him interesting, I tried and find an original job for him. Please feel free to tell me what you think and if it's not too late for me to join.

Name: Owen Richmond

Appearance: http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8663/oweni.jpg

Job: Intelligence service/Scientist (see history)

Weapons and/or Skills: Has a black market gun, but he's never fired it. While he doesn't consider himself a leader, he's good at managing situations and noticing what other people miss. He has a general scientific and technological background.

Personality: Polite, introvert, well-mannered and calm. He's best in his comfort zone but won't freeze if he faces a hard situation. He might seem cold for strangers, but he surprises the few people who get to know him well. Despite him being a peaceful man, he'd kill for his friends if necessary.

Brief History: Born in a middle class family from a core planet fully controlled by the Alliance, Owen Richmond had an easy life. The younger of two brothers, he received a scientific education. His talent and family history made him join the Alliance soon as a bureaucrat, so he never fought in the war, but supported the unification. He had never left his planet yet, though.

Owen's job in the Alliance was organizing and supervising terramorphing projects. After the war, he started travelling to the last-phase planets he was working on, and he contacted people from all the 'verse. That was the first time he heard a different opinion about the Alliance, and he didn't forget about it. Owen had always thought unification helped every planet in the long term, and the people he met from farther planets helped him discover new ways of thinking.

As years passed, Owen became more interested in the reasons why the Browncoats rebelled against the Alliance. Making sure no one would notice, he started asking questions and looking for the truth. He found out he had been wrong all his life about the ways of the Alliance, and while he still believed in some of the Alliance ideology, he could not support such a corrupt organization anymore. So he left his job and started a new journey, visiting different planets. He didn't feel like coming back home, where his parents and older brother wouldn't understand the true reasons why he had left the Alliance. He was facing the unknown, so he got a gun in the black market, but never even dared to try it.

Then, two months after he resigned, the whole Miranda scandal went public. He found out there were people with the will and guts to do something against the Alliance, and he felt he could be useful for them. He had spent many years of his life working in the Alliance, and he knew their ways and many of their secrets, and mainly he also knew who they could trust inside and who could even join them. After several days, he finally met a Browncoat... and that's how he found Captain McGriffin's Siren in Persephone.

Owen's contacts and knowledge about the Alliance organization may be useful for many missions. He could help to get intel, ask the right person to get out of a difficult situation, or even impersonate an Alliance officer. As a secondary role, his scientific training might be helpful if needed, and he can deal with every kind of technological devices. However, a former Alliance bureaucrat might be suspicious for some members of the crew, and Owen would probably refuse to reveal useful information if it could compromise a friend from his past... just as he would refuse to answer most of the questions about himself, even if those who ask are his own ship mates. As he's got to know, everyone has secrets and he isn't willing to reveal his.

mcstringer
01-04-2010, 09:11 PM
:lightning:~Fira~This creature is a crack addict for Firefly. PLEEAASSEEE Start......:crazy:

Lord Tully
01-04-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm still waiting for an answer, do you have room for me to join?

The Gypsy Queen
01-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Please? I wanna play my companion.

Ryudo
01-05-2010, 03:21 AM
I am going to try to get ahold of Illusionist, because I too really want to see this thing get off the ground. We have so much passion for this, and on top of that a great crew, I sincerely hope we can begin soon!

StormWolf
01-05-2010, 04:26 AM
DAMN RIGHT, BROTHER!

Lord Tully
01-05-2010, 09:50 PM
is ANYONE going to answer me? I'm still waiting for someone to say if there's room for me gorramit!!!!!

StormWolf
01-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Not my place to say. Just make a profile

Peacekeeper
01-06-2010, 04:25 PM
I personally think the more the merrier, sir hatless, that's why I made my profile. I hope you and I make it to the game. ;)

Anyway did you all read my profile? Did you like it? I hope I'm in and this gets started.