Higurashi
04-18-2011, 10:19 PM
(I lost my train of thought)

Name: The Nebulonian Matrix
Government: Monarchy/ Caste system/ Hive mind
Age of Nation: 3 1/3 galactic years
Age of Species: 3 1/3 galactic years + 30 Earth Years
Classification: Artificial Intelligence

The Nebulonian Matrix is named for its origin in the Swan Nebula of the Milky Way Galaxy. They are a nation of robots and Ai's; completely removed from emotion. Developed long ago, their origin lies in a war between two mighty empires. Neither empire prevailed, and both were destroyed. Meanwhile, the Nebulonians remained silent sentinels, and tribute to the genius of the past. They have laid dormant in impenetrable tombs across the Milky Way Galaxy. With technology as great as any mortal empire, they are a force to be reckoned with. Their appearance differs, but they take on a generally familiar Bipedal shape.

The Nebulonians use a unique method method of travel to make their way between the stars. Instead of plowing their way through the Dark Matter infesting the universe, they use the shifting moods of the Dark to 'sail'. This method is similar to the use of solar sails, but far more effective. The energy put off by the Dark Matter will hit stretched sheets of a special fiber optic material and push the ship forward.

In much the same way as ocean going vessels, Warp Ships have to go with the currents and tides of Dark Matter. For this method to work, the ships have to be unprotected from radiation and Dark Energy. As such, this form of travel would be extremely hazardous to organic beings. Despite being powered by a non-reliable resource, Warp Ships are as fast as any organic construction. They are also lighter, as the Nebulonians do not need food, water, or any material necessary for organic life.

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/blink/2008/05/28/robot_full.jpg
http://reencoded.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/19-amazing-robot-art.jpg
http://reencoded.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/25-amazing-robot-art.jpg
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2010/003/1/1/Robot_by_muju.jpg
http://th07.deviantart.net/fs40/PRE/f/2009/016/4/5/Robot_by_LogicalOperator.jpg

Higurashi
04-27-2011, 01:50 AM
Is this good enough?

Xanthuss
04-27-2011, 06:19 AM
I don't like the pilot image, but thats up to you.

As your for type of FTL drive, it wouldn't work. Even AI beings would be destroyed by that type of radiation, plus it would make it inpossible for the Nebulonian's to interact with organic beings, and it leaves the ships total defenseless against the dark-matter beings. Also as I understand it Dark Matter is an interdimensional object according to K, as it is impossible for it to exist in our dimension, so you have to take your ship to the correct dimension to fly it...

Higurashi
04-27-2011, 02:54 PM
1. I ran out of Images.
2. I can add sheilding. Thats fine.
3. If you dont use Dark matter as power, no Dark Matter beings are created.
4. Dark Matter is still my creation. While being interdimensional object, it still manifests in our universe. It only exists out of the gravitational pull of stars. If you're asking about interstellar dust and stuff, it would be destroyed in the early years of the universe.

Xanthuss
04-28-2011, 01:34 AM
@#3: Yes but there are always going to be a small amount of Dark Matter beings, especially if your civilization is near to any others, which use dark matter powered tech.
@#4: But what about the current proof we have they interstellar dust exists?

Higurashi
04-28-2011, 02:35 AM
@3R: I said I would add sheilding okay?
@4r: This is a different reality?

Xanthuss
04-28-2011, 03:24 AM
Yes, it is a diffrent reality... well kind of.... but as K created this project, he has the final say.

Higurashi
04-28-2011, 03:26 AM
@_@ As him then

K
04-29-2011, 01:15 AM
This is a collaborative project, so whatever we all agree on is considered "reality".

Based off what I hear regarding dark matter, it's a type of matter that only interacts with other matter through gravity. Some theories have dark matter existing as subatomic particles in dimensions that are too small for either normal or dark matter to go through, keeping the two "physically" disconnected for all of time.

There are even theories that the number of spatial dimensions that dark matter exists in is greater than the 3 our "physical" universe has, making it possible for lots of the stuff to come close together without the dark matter particles even making contact with one another. Since this is a fictional universe we're talking about, this fact can be ignored, and things like "dark matter tides" can easily exist.

And, no, H, you designed energy beings that were composed of antimatter, not dark matter entities. More precisely, you even called the matter that made them up "negative energy". Remember me suggesting that we use dark matter instead of antimatter for these creatures?

Also, if you want to say that interstellar gas and dust doesn't exist, that's fine. But, you'll have to get a consensus vote for that to actually be the case. If that comes to fruition, then interstellar spacecraft that use interstellar gas for fuel will not be possible, forcing travelers to use other methods to cross the void.

Enigma
06-02-2011, 04:24 AM
I like AI aliens, you don't see enough of them.

Perhaps you could try some other way of travel? can you use gravity to sail?

To be considered a race, there has to be some way for them to "reproduce" themselves. How do you make more Nebulonians?

Can they upgrade to the different types?

Higurashi
06-09-2011, 08:09 PM
So, anyways, after looking at my race, i ask, what can i improve on them?

Gravity Sailing is sorta slow. i think its called the slingshot effect.

They build more of themselves obviously.

Sure they can upgrade. While sort of a collective intelligence, they will upgrade some of their capacities to better do their job.