PDA

View Full Version : [M] The Unseen OOC (S)

Pages : [1] 2 3

~N~
04-30-2011, 12:37 AM
This RP is rated R for: Violence, Blood, Gore, Language, Alcohol, Drug Abuse , Sexual Content, Nudity, and anything else that comes along. If you cannot handle that stuff, this isn't for you, and you should go play somewhere else. (IC Thread here (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14737))
The Unseen: Backstory

The Isle of Alesia, off the coast of North Carolina, August 16th, 2042.

In the year 2022, a solar storm erupted from the sun and swept out across the surrounding system of planets, washing over Earth eight days later.

Scientists immediately noticed that this changed the dynamics of cybernetics, and with the radiation of the solar storm, they were able to implement complex systems of nanobots into human beings, giving them hidden but unique powers and advantages. The Syber-Netix Corporation invested heavily in this research and soon came to dominate the field. Led by their CEO, Maximillian "Max" Miller, the first corps of "cyborgs" were trumpeted as a success... until reports came out that the cybernetic implants and internal networks were irreversible (with the apparent arrival of the storm), and that there were cases where the nanobots proliferated and took over an individual's entire body. Syber-Netix's research was banned by the U.S. Government immediately under sanctions of human-rights violations. Mr. Miller covertly bought up real estate on the Isle of Alesia and reopened underground operations there, operating under a number of legal fronts. His research team is now rumored to be hunting for artifacts...

At the same time, the Catholic Church saw a sharp spike in reports of demonic possession and requests for their reclusive and reluctant exorcists, while other reports came in about visions of angels. The reports of the angels were even stranger than those of demonic possession, because it seemed that certain individuals were actually empowered as angels, just as those "possessed" by demons were said to exhibit the usual characteristics you might expect. These people were quickly identified and taken by the Church to a sanctuary off the eastern coast of America on the Island of Alesia.

Also, there seemed to be reports of other strange things happening too--reports of vampirism and lycanthropy. Agents of the FBI's X-files division were sent to investigate these rumors and to their shock, found out that many of the claims had startling legitimacy. Both conditions were classified as "genetic diseases" and a national effort was put into place to round up and remove these individuals into a full surveillance site on the Island of Alesia.

The Island of Alesia is smaller island of similar size to Hawaii's Big Island found about fifty miles off the coast of North Carolina. The island has developed a healthy community that appears to be like any other island community that you might expect, with a reasonable dose of civilization in the City of Alesia (most often just referred to as "The City" by the island's residents). Those who have been deported there are ushered in like tourists, and told that they will be allowed to live here on their own among the other tourists and residents just as if they were "normal" people as well. However, of course, the respected powers that brought them there still have a hand in their affairs and lives.

While Syber-Netix has taken up residence within a few of the office buildings in the downtown heart of the City, they are hardly the only power at play on the island. The Vatican has a church, St. John's Cathedral, set up on the west end of the City, but while Father Bernardo Francis knows that the population there contains a number of people who may in fact be considered to be "possessed" by demonic or angelic forces, he does not share this information with anyone but his very close associates. He is part of an Order of the Church known as the Order of the Apocalypse, that oversees these individuals in the Vatican's plan to keep them "under watch". However, Father Francis is also steeped in knowledge of the occult (part of the reason he was selected for this position), and he has recently come into possession of a tome that speaks of a "storm from the skies" and the existence of five artifacts of power scattered throughout the world that will "remake" the earth in the "image of those who bring them together". Of note is the fact that Father Francis is regarded as "very strange" by the other priests he works with...

Finally, the FBI has set up a front under the guise of hospital, "Daylight Hospital", where it "treats" those with the "diseases" of vampirism and lycanthropy caught by the agents who are scattered throughout the island. They are kept in a special wing of the hospital under total, 24-hour surveillance. Given this presence, those who exhibit such tendancies usually are wiser to keep it to themselves than get themselves "committed" in the Ward of the hospital where "their kind" end up. Recently, some of the people who are secretly carriers of vampirism or lycanthropy have infiltrated the workforce of the hospital and are working to mislead the other authority figures, provide false information, and even help some patients to escape.

Here's what's going on:

The title of this RP is derived from the fact that each and every character in this Role-play will be half-human/half-something else. The "other" half of your character is completely undetectable unless you use your powers in a way that will tip others off to your "other" half. For all intents and purposes, there is no way to differentiate characters by appearance, scanning, or tests. The only way to tell what someone's "other half" is, is to observe them using their powers from that half.

There are five options to pick from for your unseen "other half", as you can infer from the above introduction, each with general abilities and weaknesses:

1) Angel:
Powers: Radiance/Light, Flight (Magical Wings), Lightning ("Holy Fire") (effective against all but Angels), Telekinetic Power, Blessing items, Curative/Purifying abilities (cannot be applied to nanobots, vampirism, demonic possession, or lycanthropy).

Weaknesses: Balefire, Darkness, Corruption (blood, curses, physical impairment), Cursed Items.

2) Demon:
Powers: Balefire, Darkness, Deception/Illusion/Concealment, Curses/Cursing Items.

Weaknesses: Lightning ("Holy Fire"), Radiance/Light, Blessed Items, Holy Places.

3) Vampire:
Powers: Blood-draining (restores vitality), Super speed, Transformation into one other form: Bat, Wolf, Mist, or something else, Enhanced Vision in Darkness. Psychological attacks (Psychological attacks such as hypnosis and madness).

Weaknesses: Blessed Items, Radiance, Sunlight/Daylight, Fire (of any type).

4) Lycanthrope:
Powers: Enhanced Senses, Enhanced Physical traits based on animal form, enhanced healing/regeneration.
Transformation into one other form: (Wolf, Rat, Cat, Bear, or something else), Blood corruption on bite and claw; can carry disease without being affected by it.

Weaknesses: Moonlight, Psychological attacks/Madness, Cursed Items, Silver, Blessed Items, physical corruption by nanobots.

5) Cyborg:
Powers: Technological capability (hacking, starting up an engine, operating a computer or machine without prior training), Increased resistance to disease, poison and blunt injury, Enhanced calculating mental capabilities, automatic network connectivity, physical impairment with nanobots.

Weaknesses: Excessive Water (submersion, swimming), Electricity (power surges, lightning strikes, including "Holy Fire"), Strong Magnetic fields, Cannot heal more than minor cuts and scrapes; must be repaired if damaged at a Syber-Netix Facility.

Please bear in mind that this is not a hard and fast all-inclusive list of powers and weaknesses; you certainly are welcome to come up with varieties of powers that fall into these general categories. However, when you use your powers, please make sure that you are not being ridiculous about it. Remember, you're still half human, and discretion will be as important as powers you wield in this RP; don't be ridiculous about it.
Regarding the Five Artifacts of Power:

Information has been recovered by members of each of the five factions regarding artifacts that will enhance their respective powers if they are retrieved, but there is a catch:

If a character touches an artifact or even comes within reach of it, it will immediately reveal his/her true nature to all other characters. From this point forward, characters will be able to recognize the character as long as the artifact is on that character's person. The character will receive an enhancement to the strength of their power and vitality equivalent to a 20% increase -- enough to give them a clear edge in combat if necessary, but it will not double or exponentially increase a character's power. Each additional artifact adds another roughly 20% equivalent bonus to the character's power and vitality.

If all five artifacts are gathered by members of a single faction and brought together in the Temple of Revelation, an underground ruin located beneath the island of Alesia, then the world will undergo massive transformation into a world where the members of that one faction are all enhanced, and the prevailing conditions will make the other four factions suffer negative effects, and diminished powers. For example, if lycanthropes managed this feat, lycanthropy would spread, and the other factions would suffer bouts of madness, bestial urges, and would suffer from partial transformations that would leave them in a weakened state. While the world would be changed by this, this is not necessarily a permanent change, and can be undone by scattering the artifacts once more across the world.

Each artifact is small enough to be worn on a bracelet or as a pendant, earring, or other similarly sized piece of jewelry; they are as follows:

1) The Teardrop: Turquoise in color, in the shape of teardrop--the legend goes that a sea is captured within; lined in platinum.

2) The Bloodstone: A round garnet, looking like it has something swirling within. Set in a mysterious black metal.

3) The Winterstar: At first glance, this appears to be a diamond, but it pulses with an inner glow that twinkles like a star; it is star-shaped. It is cold to the touch.

4) The Dragon's Eye: A cat's eye agate with a twist; legend has it that you can see a dark flame burning within its shadowy center. It feels warm to the touch. It is set in gold.

5) The Shadowheart: This stone is as black as midnight on a new moon, with the tiniest shimmers of luminescence sparkling from time to time within, but never long enough to be sure you even saw them. It is smooth and round, and possess only a small single silver half loop whose two ends are sealed into the stone.

You are free to roleplay how your character comes by this information.

The Rules for this RP:
1. I, ~N~ (Nyxerian), am the sole GM of this RP. I will decide who gets to join and who does not. If there is a matter of dispute between players, I will decide the outcome. If you do not like my decision, you can always take your ball and go home.
2. Please feel free to tell me exactly what you think in PM; I appreciate honesty, and value it above everything else. I will listen to what you have to say, consider it, and do my best to give you a fair response. I will not promise that you will agree with me, or that you will like me.
3. You should be a decent role-player if you're considering this RP; I want you to be giving your best, not your second-best, or your half-assed "I've got time to spare" effort. I want only your best; you keep the rest. If you can't give me that, don't bother joining. I'm no snob, I just detest people who drop the ball. As long as you're willing to put in the effort consistently, and make this RP the best you've ever played in, then you are welcome to join.
4. There will be combat in this RP between characters. My rule regarding combat between RPers is this: No one-shot kills. Everything else is fair game, and I expect you to interact accordingly. If you think something is out of line, and you absolutely cannot work with it, then come to me, and I'll either tell you to work with it, or I will ask the other party to edit his/her post. Don't come crying to me the first time your character gets a bloody nose.
5. Make your post long enough to say something that moves the interaction along. I do not value long posts that say nothing any more than I value short posts that say nothing. Write something we all can actually do something with, and I'll be happy.
6. You are given one week to respond to a post involving your character. If you haven't posted in seven days from the last post involving your character, I will put a notice in the OOC to give everyone else the green light to do with your character as they please.
7. Spelling should not be an issue: that's why we have a spell-checker. Your grammar should be "acceptable." I'm no grammar-nazi, and there are plenty of creative ways to write which I will certainly appreciate--just don't make it impossible for us to read your posts. That kind of defeats the point of writing.
8. You get one character at a time. If that character dies, you may create another. Yes, character death can and most likely will happen here.
9. You must submit your character sheet for approval before you are able to participate. If I approve your character sheet, you're free to post.
On Posting:

Since there will be most likely a lot of different characters interacting in different places on this thread, you are REQUIRED to post the following at the top of EVERY POST:

DATE:
TIME:

Character Sheet:

On your character sheet, you are obligated only to give the following information publically:

Name:

Sex:

Appearance:

Equipment:

Personality:

History: (there's nothing absolutely required to go here, specifically, and if you feel that a certain piece of information would "out" your character, then you are allowed to leave that part obscure, or not even mentioned. You don't have to explain to me how you got on the Island, for example)

(you can provide your age and other details of course, if you like)

YOU MUST PM ME THE FOLLOWING PRIVATELY:

Your Unseen Half:

For Vamps and Lycanthropes: The animal/shape that you can transform into

Pending Characters (Those I'm Still Waiting For):

THERE'S ROOM FOR MORE!

Accepted Characters on "Hiatus":
Richard - Richard Cornelius Grim (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=588147&postcount=26)
G - Luca Alira Wiatt (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=589830&postcount=70)
ashford211994 - Rachel Young (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=589433&postcount=64)
Shepherd - Alden Matthew Cauldwell III (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=589915&postcount=72)
EvermoreEvrgrn - Chelsea N. Taylar (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=594862&postcount=241)
Prophet - Thomas Fynn
(http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=591326&postcount=93)Serin - Lance Navarrette (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=593344&postcount=199)
Kendric_Oka - Autumn Richards (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=626337&postcount=596)

Accepted Characters:
Innkeeper - Stephanie Kailous (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=588193&postcount=30)
Mysteria - Shiloh Joanna Thompson (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=588420&postcount=44)
calamosis - Terence Cornelius Weaver (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=589293&postcount=63)
Aheris - Guilana “La Bella” Della Romagna (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=589761&postcount=68)
Anne Bonny - Tansy James (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=590150&postcount=74)
Randomlogic - Isaac W. Scott (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=591046&postcount=87)
Kris - Sarina Gohar (Aka: "Sarah", "Rina") (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=592749&postcount=128)
RisingPhoenix - Nicolai Osciar (pronounced Oh-Sear) Davins (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=610421&postcount=466)
Francois Lachan - Benjamin Harris (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=621469&postcount=545)

A final note about your characters: In order to keep the number of factions balanced enough, I may ask you to consider a different faction if I get ALL angels for instance.

Just keep your mind open to a couple different choices.
Unofficial FAQ

1) Are you still accepting?
Yes. For a long time to come.

1b) Where do we start with our first post?

Everyone starts on the Island. You don't have to tell me how you got there, but you do have to "start" there. From there, the choice is completely up to you where you go.

2) Would a truly human character be accepted (I am not really wanting to play as one, but it could be interesting having a good old human getting caught up in this.)

No, however, there's nothing saying you must ever show your "other" side (unless you grab a relic). For all intents and purposes, you could act and remain human for the entire duration.

3) What methods, if any, does the island have of keeping people in line? Surely if someone can call lightning down on you, you're kinda screwed.

If an angel goes all nuts and calls down holy fire on someone in front of the public, agents (me) will come down on him/her and start "neutralizing" the threat. That's why displays of power must be discreet. In this RP, I will be playing the part of The World--meaning those citizens that usually just act as window dressing and fodder? They're going to have "teeth" in this one. You can't just knock them around without some kind of reaction. And remember, you're still half human. If twelve of them jump you, you're not going to be able to beat them off--at least, not by yourself.

4) The "classes" seem a bit unbalanced, Lycanthropes are weak against everything while angels can bless items that 3 of the other "classes" are weak to. Was this intentional, how do you see this playing out? Also what is to prevent an angel from just flying over a lycanthrope so they can't be physically attacked and raining lightning on them? Though this would be a sound tactic, it is hardly fair from a game aspect.

I would not agree that Lycanthropes are "weak to everything". And no, I wasn't going for "completely balanced" in a mathematical sort of way -- this is not StarCraft. Regarding the "fly over and bomb with lightning" yes, that would be a valid tactic. That would also get you noticed rather quickly in any place that wasn't utterly devoid of people. For those playing "earth-bound" folks, ask military people how you get rid of something in the air. They'll probably pull out a gun.

You can do that, you know. Just because they're part angel does not make them immune to bullets. Actually, bullets would cut them down rather nicely.

5) Can demons have wings/fly? What about vampires that don't turn into bats or mist? Can vampires do anything in mist form?

No. Demons are grounded. Unless they get into a helicopter. Or something. What about vampires who don't turn into bats or mist? Vampires who turn into mist form can do anything a mist could do, except obnoxious one-hit kill sorts of things like get completely inhaled and then reform inside someone. Remember, be creative, not ridiculous. This isn't Mortal Kombat.

6) I'm assuming we will all be leaving the island to find the treasures since they are all across the world, yes?

You are correct.

7) What, if any, forms of weaponry would someone living on the island be able to own? Are there any special laws forbidding firearms or things to civilians?

Almost anything a normal person could get a hold of. There are plenty of normal all-human people living on the island and tourists and flights come in and go out every day and yes, some of these carry weapons.

Think Manhattan from Men in Black -- all the aliens are living there, but nobody knows, but the MiB are aware and watching. Sort of. People are on a "need to know" basis because the governments/organizations are trying to keep this under wraps so as not to cause a massive panic.

8) What about possession and morality with the demons and angels?

First, remember that you are only HALF angel/demon--from that, everything else I'm going to say follows. Regarding the obligation to be "good" (for angels) or "bad" (for demons)--there is no obligation. Why? Because even if you cannot believe angels are "bad" or demons are "good", your human half can easily be the opposite and override your angelic/demon half. Be as bad or as good as you want to be, regardless of what your other half is. You have my endorsement and permission to do that.

Regarding possession--you may get some of your demonic/angelic influence from another entity, a union of your parents, or just some kind of freak occurrence. There is no obligation to ascribe it to a "consciousness" inside your character; technically, you are not possessed--you just possess some demonic/angelic powers and/or characteristics. This goes the same way for vampires--obviously you're not some Sire's child. You were not embraced; there are no 400 year-old pure, full-blood vampire elders in this world. So treat your demonic/vampiric/lycanthropic/angelic/cybernetic powers as just that--gifted powers you were given or bestowed, but not a mandated foreign consciousness that is trying to take over your body. Now, if you want to play a character with multiple personalities, by all means, go right ahead, but there is no obligation to do so.

9) Regarding various associates, NPCs who may be loyal to you, etc; you cannot have them do anything significant. If you go around with a half-vampire gang for example, you cannot say "They all fight with me", because basically that would be like multiplying your character times ten or whatever number they are. They can get your messages, clean your house, shine your shoes, and do your laundry, but they cannot fight your battles for you. I wouldn't want anyone summoning an army of demons, commanding an army of robots, or any such thing. In the case where one of your npc lackeys gets in a situation where they might be pitted against someone else's character, as GM, I'll give that person with the primary character the edge in most cases of dispute. In other words: do your dirty work yourself. It's more fun that way anyway.

10) I will be playing the part of "The World". I will control npcs ranging from significant figures to average civilians who will react accordingly to what you do, and will do things of their own. I will not be making a specific character in this RP, as I do not think that would be A) very sporting, and B) this is a new challenge for me as a roleplayer, and one that I personally have never seen a GM do--taking the part of the normally helpless, defenseless, faceless "world" around the characters.

So be mindful; the World will have an advocate in me, and I will assume the personalities you meet and inevitably interact with to make this RP even more interesting and provocative.

11) A note about Power-gaming: At NO point should your characters act as if they know something they don't, unless it's justified (like a fit of paranoia, in which case they don't actually know anything for certain, they're just freaking out). Keep in mind that players will be revealing parts of themselves in this RP, but unless your character witnesses this, or they're walking around with a relic, there really needs to be a good reason for your character to "act as if they know", otherwise I'm going to hit you with a "Power-gaming" penalty, and as you to edit the post. Just be aware -- your characters know only what THEY know, not what YOU know.

calamosis
04-30-2011, 12:51 AM
<.<

>.>

*Is lurking*

Anne Bonny
04-30-2011, 01:39 AM
IN!

No clue what I'm going to do yet, but I'm so in.

Aheris
04-30-2011, 02:27 AM
RAWWWR.

in. in. in.

Mysteria
04-30-2011, 02:37 AM
Of course, I will see what I can come up with. Be prepared to answer lots of questions before I attempt a character sheet though. XD

~N~
04-30-2011, 02:39 AM
Of course, I will see what I can come up with. Be prepared to answer lots of questions before I attempt a character sheet though. XD

Ask as many questions as you like. I'll do my best to answer them all, because I know this isn't the usual fare around here, and it's a bit complicated.

Koti~
04-30-2011, 02:44 AM
Okay just one question, can we have a vampire crossbred with cyborg?

~N~
04-30-2011, 02:47 AM
Okay just one question, can we have a vampire crossbred with cyborg?

No. Everyone is Half Human, Half something else; only one of the five options can be picked, but there's plenty of room for differences between members of the same faction.

If you need another reason, the nanobots don't play well with the vampirism. *smiles*

HOWEVER, Inter-faction relationships ARE allowed. The offspring will just be one or the other.

Koti~
04-30-2011, 02:50 AM
neato, now one final question. Will we be starting out on the island, or else where in the world?

As well, can we start on the island?

~N~
04-30-2011, 02:53 AM
neato, now one final question. Will we be starting out on the island, or else where in the states?

Everyone will start on the Island, BUT because you *look* human (and provided you don't do anything to persuade the authorities otherwise) you *can* escape off of the island if necessary. They WILL be dragging your ass back though, if you show your true colors in public elsewhere in any kind of audacious display.

Discretion is recommended. Not required, but subtlety will get you further in this world than ostentatious displays of supernatural power. *grins*

After all, you WILL need to get off the island to retrieve the artifacts.

And yes, I'm aware that once you do get your hands on one of those artifacts, you'll no longer be very subtle. *smiles* It'll be tricky.

Anne Bonny
04-30-2011, 03:02 AM
RAWWWR.

in. in. in.

YES!

Aheris
04-30-2011, 03:08 AM
*sneaks* dun nuh...dun nuh

*sneaks* dun nuh dun nuh dun nuh

*tickles Anne ferociously*

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

Mysteria
04-30-2011, 03:08 AM
Definitely interested after reading further and definitely will be asking questions but all in all..meh...I guess it's do-able!!! J/K.

And yes, not the normal fare but I'm sure you will do your best to help make it go smoothly for us folk who know jack sh@#...about fantasy stuff...

Anne Bonny
04-30-2011, 03:11 AM
You know, you keep saying that, Mysti. But I've seen you rock it as a werewolf, and you're pretty much killing it in UKC, so I would venture to say that you do fantasy stuff just fine!

Koti~
04-30-2011, 03:14 AM
still, now the only problem is making my character

~N~
04-30-2011, 03:15 AM
I will do everything I can to make this go smoothly. And I tried to give everyone something to get into; demons and angels for the fantasy crowd, vamps and weres for the horror crowd, and nanobot 'borgs for the sci-fi crowd all set in a modern world...

... and for once, yes, you will have to consider all those normal people... This is not a world that wants any abnormal people getting off that island. *smiles* And they outnumber you by quite a bit.

~N~
04-30-2011, 03:16 AM
still, now the only problem is making my character

Hopefully the only problem with that is that there are so many good options to pick from!

Mysteria
04-30-2011, 03:20 AM
LOL @ Anne!! Only cuz I get by with A LOT of help from my friends....

Koti~
04-30-2011, 03:20 AM
agreed, that is the biggest problem

Mysteria
04-30-2011, 03:43 AM
*rubs hands together with glee formulating char for this one*

Koti~
04-30-2011, 04:07 AM
Alrighty, so I will have a character up as soon as I can

~N~
04-30-2011, 04:09 AM
Looking forward to it, Innkeeper!

Kris
04-30-2011, 05:10 PM
so.... it's gonna be like this:

http://rip747.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/paranoiaevildead.jpg

all good, all good...

It's going to be fun ^__^

*trying to run away slowly*

Black
04-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Any room left for one more?

Kris
04-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Of course :)

It'll be awesome to RP with you again Richard :)

Black
04-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Name: Richard Cornelius Grim

Sex: Male

Appearance:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/LadyJamers/Smouldering.jpg

Equipment-
Laptop: A rather advanced lap top made by Alienware for gaming online, streaming, and download/upload. Comes with built in Wifi so the user can access the internet anywhere.

Satchel: A common shoulder satchel with a laptop slot, as well as several compartments holding sketchbooks, sketch pens, pencils, a sharpener, some colored sketch pens and pencils, and an exacto knife.

Combat Gloves: Richard wears these most of the time. They look like common mechanics gloves except they are made out of tough kevlard and have steel sewn into them over each knuckle and the top of the hand to cause serious damage and deflect sharp objects off of your hands.

Personality:

Richard is an avid gamer. He spends a lot of his time in 'The City' cafe, a local hotspot for tourism. Richard is a rather sarcastic person with an aditude to boot and has gotten into quite a few fights. However Richard never really goes looking for trouble.

Other than gaming Richard likes to spend time at the City Gym and running the distance around the island, swiming and flirting. Richard is an active flirt and a lady's man. He isn't interested in sex or anything of the like, he just likes to flirt and make people around him feel good.

It takes a lot of effort to make Richard mad enough to actually let loose and start swinging. Most of the fights hes gotten into have been to come to the aid of another person. Ocassionally playing the Knight in shining armor when one of his many girl friends (I mean that in a literal sense, he has many girls who are his friends) gets in a bad crowd with some guy and has to be rescued.

Overall Richard is a nice laidback guy who only every rises from his chair to come to the aid of a friend or stranger in need. He's the proper mix of lazy and active that allows him to persue his gamer life style and keep a good physique.

He works at a local office company in the heart of the city. No one is quite sure what he does, but then again no one actually cares and so they don't bother to ask.

History:

Richard was born in a small city in Southern California called Visalia. With barely over a hundred thousand inhabitants this makes it a realatively small city when compared to the many cities in the world who have more than a million souls in them. Richard was raised as a spoiled child and his rich parents bought him whatever he wanted. What Richard wanted mostly was an odd mixture of items that befuddled even his parents. A computer system and a weight bench.

Even though Richard was spoiled his grades never dropped and his manners were superb. He never though he was better than anyone and he never picked on anyone or got into a fight over a stupid matter. He did however play the knight in shining armor a lot as a high schooler, saving his friends from routy boys who didn't like being dumped. Richard sent a lot of people home with missing teeth and black eyes.

This would later personafy his choice in career working at a local computer manufacturing company before later attending MIT and majoring in Engineering and Science, mostly Physics, Biological engineering, Math, and Nuclear Science/Engineering. He graduated early with a full masters degree and moved to a small island off the coast of eastern US.

Ironically he was already on the island where most of the infected people are sent when he was hit by the storm that changed virtually everything. Thus he was able to slip unnoticed by the FBI and all other agencies looking to police and control the five new races of the world.

Kris
04-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Don't forget you need to PM Nyx about your other half and stuff because that info is a secret to you alone :)

Black
04-30-2011, 08:44 PM
I already did that ^^ <3

Kris
04-30-2011, 08:45 PM
good good :D

Koti~
04-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Name – Stephanie Kailous

Sex – female

Age - 17

Appearance - http://www.freewebs.com/dudey880/anime_girl_fav0002.jpg

Equipment – Stephanie has a few simple nick nacks that she had gotten from her parents, one of which is a simple silver bracelet that she wears on her left arm. The bracelet has 5 deep purple stones set into silver bezel cups.

As well, she wears a small amulet choker on her neck that she had gotten from her mother, who had been killed in a simple

Personality – Stephaine is a shy girl who also has a worry wart side to her. Being silent most of the time, he is always looking around to take in as much as possible to not avoid anything.

When around people she trusts and finds quite comfortable, she tends to over talk sometimes before quieting down, letting her thoughts run out before she stops talking. She is quite smart, and can usually find solutions with most problems, but she spends more times rambling on about possible bad things that could happen.

History – Stephanie has had a very sheltered life, in a bad way. Since she could remember, she had lived with her parents in a forested in mansion. Her parents though, had been taken away from her by the FBI under the grounds that they both had an incurable disease and they moved her to an orphanage, which she had found horrible.

Once she had turned 14, they had moved her to the island as well, the FBI fearing that she might also carry the disease, which she was promptly stored away in the far wing, not even knowing if her parents were there or not.

Mr.Cynic
04-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Kris showed me this RP. I'm interested.

Any specifics for a character?

Any room?

Kris
04-30-2011, 10:25 PM
yep :)

for the power and the "unseen other half", PM the GM, aka "N".

you can also PM him to know better how to make the profile sheet.

I'm so glad you decided to join up Clyde :)

Mr.Cynic
04-30-2011, 11:04 PM
Sounds fun.

Damonique
04-30-2011, 11:08 PM
I find this so freaking epic, but I lack the time needed to join it. I will be keeping an eye on the posts though.

~N~
05-01-2011, 12:05 AM
In answer to all those who are asking if there is room:

YES. In fact, I don't anticipate there NOT being room for some time, even after this starts.

We got a lotta room in this one. The more, the better.

Mr.Cynic
05-01-2011, 12:06 AM
So, character wise.

Where do you think I should go N?

Male or female?

Do I need to even anything out, without you having to spoil any secrets?

~N~
05-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Nope. Everything is good so far. Be what you want.

Mr.Cynic
05-01-2011, 12:13 AM
All right shall do.

I'm thinking. I have a name and an appearance.

Just no idea on the second half.

Black
05-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Was my character accepted or not? Didnt get a message o.o dunno if you read it.

~N~
05-01-2011, 12:23 AM
I'm sorry, I'm getting to it.

THAT GODDAMN TIMER makes me wait in between pm's.

Edited to add: There, Rich; again, apologies for the delay--love your write up. Welcome aboard.

Now, for those folks accepted, I know you're eager to get rollin'. I'll get an IC post up as soon as I can. Promise not to make you wait forever.

Koti~
05-01-2011, 12:34 AM
so, is stephanie able to join?

~N~
05-01-2011, 12:36 AM
Stephanie is in; love your sheet too, Innkeeper.

I just need to get the IC up and you'll be able to roll.

Mr.Cynic
05-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Editing this in pieces, both my Word Pad and Internet is stupid as shit.

Name: Simone Alva

Appearance:

As you wonder the streets as usual, looking for new and fantastical unique arts of the street you bump into someone while distracted. You turn around to apologize, but are taken aback by a young man's handsome scowl. His eyes so red and that scowl so strong that it feels more like he's probbing into your soul then he is looking at you. His white hair is shoulder length, wavy, and yet well combed. There is something about him that gives him the air of inhumanity. But you can't really tell. You apologize, but he doesn't seem to register or care. You stare at his unique clothes, a black trench coat with two buttons for the right and left side military style, large round metalic buttons. On his shoulders are silver metalic shoulder pads with decorative chains. Under his coat you see a white dress shirt and a black tie, he is wearing a black pair of slacks and well polished shoes. He appears clean and neat, pale, supple skin. You imagine him as some holy being. He only gives you a second scowl and you turn away, walking away from the beautiful ethereal figure.
Exactly like image

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/Dream_Sequencer/glare.jpg?t=1304211990

Equipment: Give me a sec

Personality: Simone doesn't seem to be the type of person who talks a lot. Actually in reality he's quite frank and to the point, a little to much which distances him from other people. He has a bit of an air of arrogance of who he is and withholds high confidence in himself. Those these are the things people perceive of the nature he puts outward. He appears hotheaded and tempermental. Some would even go as to far to say royal and regal. But most of its face. Simone hides himself from people. He's actually less confident then most people. The most confident people actually may be the people hiding all their insecurities. Simone is as rich as a deadly thorn. All though appearing fragile and vulnerable, he is bitter with a poisonous sting. Simone is to honest, to blunt. He doesn't lie or manipulate people only because he knows the hurt from being lied to and manipulated to. Even so Simone is scared inside. He's scared of who he is and scared to change for the worse. He's afraid of the things he can do and tries his hardest to run away from it all with no avail. There has only been two people in his life whom he has put emotional security in them. Other than that he closes himself off, putting tight security in his emotional bank and doesn't hand out any loans. He loves the arts, anything musical usual with some form of classical music with him. He isn't a big sweet eater, but what he loves tends to be soy ice cream made from soy milk usually a parafait of some sort. He dislikes animals, feeling they are disgusting beastly creatures with no manners. Worse of all he dislikes himself most times. He can't see that he is a nice person.

History: Under construction.

Mysteria
05-01-2011, 01:36 AM
For approval:

Name: Shiloh Joanna Thompson
Sex: Female

Appearance:
http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/mysteriarp/371c.jpg?t=1237158670

Having brown eyes with mixed blonde and dark brown hair and standing at 5'5" Shiloh is a sturdy young 25 year old woman. Being a part time trainer has kept Shiloh in good physical condition, her 130 pounds being pure muscle.

Shiloh’s choice of dress depends on whatever mood she is in that particular day, and it varies like night does as to day. The only thing consistent about her attire is the fact that some form of a cross adorns her neck every day.

Equipment: Shiloh always has a small satchel on her that contains a pen and pad for writing, a journal, and she often carries a small flashlight, a small switchblade, and mirror along with a comb and hair ties for keeping her hair pulled back. The items which she carries depend on her mood and what she feels like dragging along with her.

Personality : Generally speaking, Shiloh is normally the easy go lucky type unless something has put her in a foul mood which can be triggered by many different factors such as seeing others being treated unkind, gloomy rainy days, and not having gotten enough of sleep to name just a few. Shiloh has always been mild mannered, kind and giving, and very much so in tune with nature and is usually positive minded and even though things in her world have changed dramatically since the death of her parents which were taken from her in a car crash, she still always tries to maintain a glimmer of hope. This is also her downfall at times, as she sometimes doesn’t know when to quit. Shiloh has a dark side that tends to slip out when she is thinking about her parents and has been known to invite very unchristian like elements into her life, often causing her to become reckless.

History: Shiloh Joanna "Jo" Thompson was an only child born to very Christian parents, Michael and Ruth Thompson. Shiloh was brought up in a strict environment and was always what was considered to be a goodie toe-shoes, always following the teachings of her parents. When Shiloh was fifteen years old her parents were killed in a automobile accident and Shiloh was taken in by family but she would never be the same. Her life was changed dramatically and losing her parents at that age only served to cause Shiloh to become rebellious, lashing out in anger and trying to push her "Christian" upbringing out of her life. Although she tried, she continued to honor her parents’ memory by always wearing a cross around her neck.

At the tender age of eighteen Shiloh set out on her own, working at several jobs until she finally realized that she could utilize her singing talents to earn an income by becoming both a hostess and singer in an upscale club. Doing so afforded her the luxury of both having a good income and gave her access to a lifestyle she'd have once upon a time shunned. Shiloh struggles internally with some of the choices that she's made due to the upbringing she had in her early youth, and often times feels conflicted. Shiloh has been keeping a journal since the day her parents died. Physically conscience minded, Shiloh also is avid about being healthy and has even worked part time as a trainer helping an old friend out with their physical fitness center.

The club that Shiloh worked for was opening a new franchise on The Island of Alesia and wanted her to go there to work. Always enjoying the opportunity to travel and experience new things, Shiloh agreed and has been on the Island ever since.

Black
05-01-2011, 01:39 AM
MYSTERIA!!! = )

Koti~
05-01-2011, 01:45 AM
I find a bit funny that so far, I am the only one who was taken to the island without exterior reasons

Black
05-01-2011, 01:49 AM
Eh? I was there before this all happened = D I MOVED THERE. Cuz im a baller. Also, Im watching SCII tournaments. = D

http://www.justin.tv/edwardstarcraft#/w/1146401392/3

woo.

~N~
05-01-2011, 01:56 AM
I find a bit funny that so far, I am the only one who was taken to the island without exterior reasons

Well if you want to change your history, that's okay with me. I just provided a reason to explain why most of these people are there in one place.

And just to be sure everyone understands, there are plenty of normal people on that Island, and on the surface, it looks like any other, so tourists come and go as well.

Koti~
05-01-2011, 01:59 AM
nah, i enjoy my history, it works well

~N~
05-01-2011, 02:03 AM
nah, i enjoy my history, it works well

Good, I'm glad to hear it. I like it as well. Gives you a lot of directions to go with it.

G
05-01-2011, 04:24 AM
Ooh, sheet coming! Looks fantastic!

calamosis
05-01-2011, 07:45 AM
*lurklurklurklurklurk*

Not sure if I have time for this. I may.

.....I will be watching.... XD

Black
05-01-2011, 07:59 AM
I must be popular. I join and suddenly people pop out of the wood works.

~N~
05-01-2011, 02:21 PM
I must be popular. I join and suddenly people pop out of the wood works.

I'm not complaining. *grins*

For those of you waiting for replies from me, I'm getting to them, I promise you.

Some people are asking some wonderful questions in PM, so it's taking me a bit to sort through them.

Looking forward to your sheet, G, and thank you.

~N~
05-01-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm just going to post some good questions I've gotten, in case you all are wondering the same thing:

1) Are you still accepting?
Yes. For a long time to come.

2) Would a truly human character be accepted (I am not really wanting to play as one, but it could be interesting having a good old human getting caught up in this.)

No, however, there's nothing saying you must ever show your "other" side (unless you grab a relic). For all intents and purposes, you could act and remain human for the entire duration.

3) What methods, if any, does the island have of keeping people in line? Surely if someone can call lightning down on you, you're kinda screwed.

If an angel goes all nuts and calls down holy fire on someone in front of the public, agents (me) will come down on him/her and start "neutralizing" the threat. That's why displays of power must be discreet. In this RP, I will be playing the part of The World--meaning those citizens that usually just act as window dressing and fodder? They're going to have "teeth" in this one. You can't just knock them around without some kind of reaction. And remember, you're still half human. If twelve of them jump you, you're not going to be able to beat them off--at least, not by yourself.

4) The "classes" seem a bit unbalanced, Lycanthropes are weak against everything while angels can bless items that 3 of the other "classes" are weak to. Was this intentional, how do you see this playing out? Also what is to prevent an angel from just flying over a lycanthrope so they can't be physically attacked and raining lightning on them? Though this would be a sound tactic, it is hardly fair from a game aspect.

I would not agree that Lycanthropes are "weak to everything". And no, I wasn't going for "completely balanced" in a mathematical sort of way -- this is not StarCraft. Regarding the "fly over and bomb with lightning" yes, that would be a valid tactic. That would also get you noticed rather quickly in any place that wasn't utterly devoid of people. For those playing "earth-bound" folks, ask military people how you get rid of something in the air. They'll probably pull out a gun.

You can do that, you know. Just because they're part angel does not make them immune to bullets. Actually, bullets would cut them down rather nicely.

5) Can demons have wings/fly? What about vampires that don't turn into bats or mist? Can vampires do anything in mist form?

No. Demons are grounded. Unless they get into a helicopter. Or something. What about vampires who don't turn into bats or mist? Vampires who turn into mist form can do anything a mist could do, except obnoxious one-hit kill sorts of things like get completely inhaled and then reform inside someone. Remember, be creative, not ridiculous. This isn't Mortal Kombat.

6) I'm assuming we will all be leaving the island to find the treasures since they are all across the world, yes?

You are correct.

7) What, if any, forms of weaponry would someone living on the island be able to own? Are there any special laws forbidding firearms or things to civilians?

Almost anything a normal person could get a hold of. There are plenty of normal all-human people living on the island and tourists and flights come in and go out every day and yes, some of these carry weapons.

Think Manhattan from Men in Black -- all the aliens are living there, but nobody knows, but the MiB are aware and watching. Sort of. People are on a "need to know" basis because the governments/organizations are trying to keep this under wraps so as not to cause a massive panic.

I think I'm going to need to add a FAQ...

ashford211994
05-01-2011, 03:20 PM
I do hope there is still some room for me to join :)

calamosis
05-01-2011, 05:12 PM
.....Alright. Methinks my lurking is coming to an end. Maybe. I shall wait a tad longer, but I may write up a character sheet, too..... >.>

Prophet
05-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Anne told me of this and I must say I'm impressed with the concept. You can expect a character sheet from me.

Black
05-01-2011, 08:19 PM
ICICICICICICICICICICICIC!!! lol.

~N~
05-01-2011, 11:31 PM
It's coming. Soon.

Edited to add: Ash and Cal, put your profiles up (minus the unseen bit, of course), and I'll drop you in the Approved List.

And thank you Hinder, I look forward to it.

Koti~
05-02-2011, 12:12 AM
I think the two clans we are missing is lycanthropy and either angel or demon

~N~
05-02-2011, 12:13 AM
I think the two clans we are missing is lycanthropy and either angel or demon

*just smiles and doesn't say a word*

calamosis
05-02-2011, 12:27 AM
Name: Terence Cornelius Weaver (I wanted both names.... So I combined them! :D You can call him by either, but he hates to be referred to as Mr. Weaver.)

Appearance: The shorter guy here (http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=new+OC+sketches#/d2t8ab9) is what he looks like. Not quite that short, though. Dark brown/black hair, dark gray eyes.

Equipment: He has a gym bag (http://www.myconverseallstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Converse-Gym-Bag.jpg), except it is in blue. He has all important possesions packed up in this, as he is constantly moving around. Important possesions include: an alarm clock, a maglite flashlight he never uses, a few changes of clothes, a very well-used notebook and an assortment of pens.

A small knife he keeps with himself at all times; larger than a pocket knife, but not super heavy-duty. He only wishes he could get himself more self-defense weapons, but he's kicked out of nearly every place he goes to, so that is out of the question. Even though he does like guns...

Boots. (http://www.bootycocktails.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=1385&zenid=4b709dea9c2b8eee50c383a0fc0e75b3) Always, that same pair of steel-toe boots. He likes stomping on people's feet when they annoy him. He usually doesn't bother the pretend it was an accident, either.

Personality: He really doesn't care about much. Sure, something is wrong with him. Whatever. Boo-hoo. He puts up with his life, so stop staring and move on, people. He is pretty much apathetic to most things, but that doesn't mean he desn't feel. He just hates showing 'weakness' to others.

He despises people's whiny, lazy attitude. He is cynical and sometimes crude; he really is the true nomad bachelor. He hates crowds, and gets into fights easily. He has a short temper that he is infamous for.

History: He lives on his own, and has for many years now. When he was about fourteen, his mom left him. His dad had left so long ago, he still can't recall his face. In all honesty, his family is gone. Dead, probably. And while he's not fine with it, he can deal with it; his ability to forget certain things is amazing. He literally doesn't remember parts of his childhood, because he learned to block it out. He has a beautifully selective memory that way.

As far as where he his now.... He really can't recall that well. He doesn't remember how, or, some days, even why, he was brought here. He's just here now, and he refuses to stay in one place for too long. He will take a job, stay, then quit it within 1 to 2 1/2 weeks. Then he'll move on, never stopping long enough to be a common sight anywhere.

Misc: He has two theme songs. One (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGdGFtwCNBE) and two (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9ZXBYIGjaY).

ashford211994
05-02-2011, 02:02 AM
http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac135/ashford211994/Decorated%20images/Beauty-1.jpg
Name: Rachel Young
Appearance: She has fairly wavy light brown hair and golden hazel eyes. In her opinion she feels that she looks very ordinary and not attractive, but she actually is very beautiful.
Equipment: She owns a single silver dagger blessed with her powers. This dagger can also extend to be a full blade.
Personality: When you first meet her she does not look to be a strong confident person, but she actually is a very strong hearted person. She does not tolerate rude people or overly arrogant people as well. She will always make her opinion known to everyone.
History: Her parents had been very loving towards her and tried everything in their power to display their love for their dear daughter, unfortunately they had been murdered when Rachel was only thirteen years old, the time where a daughter needs their parents most of all. Her parent’s murder was very brutal and that image always haunts her mind. The person who had murdered her parents is still a mystery and that thought also haunts her mind. She had been asked to live with her aunt until she had finally graduated from school at age 18 and now lives on her own in a small, but still livable apartment.

~N~
05-02-2011, 02:44 AM
Ash and Cal, you're officially on the Approved list, as can be seen on the OP of the first page (which has gotten longer every hour it seems)

People I'm still waiting on who have made known to me their intention to join:
Hinder
G
Anne Bonny
Aheris
Kris
Clyde
Shepherd

Come on folks! Get those character sheets into me!

G
05-02-2011, 03:23 AM
Is coming - RL is a little hectic at the moment, but I'm working on it, I promise! :)

~N~
05-02-2011, 04:26 AM
Alright, the IC is almost ready for posting.

I'll give the rest of you one more day, and then I'll likely either post it tomorrow night, or Tuesday some time.

Don't worry if your sheets aren't done. You're welcome to join in this at any time.

Aheris
05-02-2011, 05:18 AM
Name: Guilana “La Bella” Della Romagna

http://www.role-player.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=1131
Appearance: Guilana is of average height, and a slender but muscular build. Her eyes are chocolate brown, sharp, and observant. Her skin is a pale olive, her lips the color of ripe pomegranate, and eyebrows arched delicately. She has inky black hair, just past the shoulders; its' choppy layers are shot through with eggplant and deep crimson strands. As for her attire: She favors well-cut, classic dresses and ensembles in her colors of black, crimson, and eggplant. It is not unusual to see her in pointed sky-high-heels, with a pair of silver rimmed aviator sunglasses.

Equipment: La Bella comes with an entourage, several hotels (two on the island), and a very heavy handbag.

Personality: Guilana is certainly not shy; but she knows how to speak and act discreetly. She is often quiet, thoughtful, and patient. However she does know how to have a whale of a time, and especially enjoys the company of artists and musicians. With her considerable resources, she often entertains, and has quite a reputation for doing so.

Above all, she is an independent and capable woman with a good---but slightly opportunistic---heart.

History: The family is (of course) from Italy, but settled on the island some years ago. Guiliana's father named her after a famously mysterious (and beautiful) mistress from the Renaissance in Rome.

~N~
05-02-2011, 05:19 AM
Approved!

G
05-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Name: Luca Alira Wiatt.

Sex: Female.

http://understandingteenagers.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/growl-angry-girl.jpg

Equipment: basic survival needs - matches, compass, also a pouch of rollie cigarettes - great stress relief. She has been known to smoke the occasional bit of marijuana, though it's hard to come by on the island. If it's available, though, you can bet Lua has a little bit on her person somewhere.

Personality: If you asked her, Luca would tell you she was fine; happy, but underneath, she is bubbling with a rage that stems from the unwanted feeling she has had since she was a child. This angry inner self often springs out in heated or stressful situations. She has a tendency to fly off the handle, but when she takes the time to think things through she is a smart girl.

History: Luca was born on the island, her parents making it clear from a young age that she was an unwanted complication in their lives. That said, they cared for her as well as they saw necessary, and though she may not have felt wanted or particularly loved as a child, she was not deprived of food or shelter, or any other basic need.
But growing up is hard, figuring out who you are, and where it is you want to go, and harder still given the circumstances, and Luca couldn't handle feeling herself a constant disappointment to her parents on top of everything else. When she was fifteen, she left, renting a small, clean, if somewhat cramped apartment across The City from the home she'd grown up in. She maintained very little contact with her parents, though she has been known to call them on the odd mothers' day or christmas.

~N~
05-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Approved!

Shepherd
05-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Name: Alden Matthew Cauldwell III

Appearance: http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z20/closetwhores/n1552230478_30295568_4882.jpg

Equipment: Do his talented tongue (complete with silver spoon) and affable good nature count? He always carries a Swiss army knife, a silver plated zippo lighter engraved with his initials that he received from his father as a high school graduation gift, and he always wears a silver necklace with a St. Matthew medallion (http://thegoldjewelry.com/images/hot/sterling-silver-st-matthew-medal.jpg)that was a gift from his priest after he took his confirmation name.

Personality: Alden is charming and witty, an easy guy to like with lots of friends. He tends to go with the crowd though and not think too much about his own desires and motivations, at least not over anything more long term than where to hang out that night. Alden is loyal and generous to his friends and doesn’t mind helping out when he’s needed, whether it’s a loan to help cover the bills, or hauling a couch up three flights of stairs. Due to his upbringing though Alden has always had a “the rules don’t apply to me” outlook on life, and for the most part he’s right, if his family’s money and position didn’t get him out of something, his quick wit and charming smile always did. Not that he’s a true rebel though; he’s a good stand-up guy after all, he just doesn’t let a silly thing like “rules” get in the way when he gets it in his head to do something, of course he usually doesn’t bother to think that his actions could have any consequences either.

Personal Quote: “No one ever told me I couldn’t do it, they just said it was against the rules.”

History: A good old southern boy from New Orleans, Alden never really wanted for anything. Growing up the younger son of a successful businessman, the life of him and his older brother James was charmed indeed. Alden went to private school, played rugby and polo, and spent his vacations in the Hamptons where he hung out with the kids of other rich and powerful people of the world. Nothing was really ever expected of him though, most of the responsibility fell on his older brother’s shoulders so Alden lived a pretty carefree life, getting A’s in school, not because of a desire to succeed, but it was what he was told to do. His mindset has always been, since his dad was successful then he was going to be too, whether he liked it or not and whether he worked at it or not. And that attitude had seen him all the way through his life. It wasn’t till high school that he discovered something he was actually passionate about, boxing. Not the usual activity of upper crust America, but Alden saw a boxing match at the gym when he was a sophomore and immediately took a shine to the sport. He began going every day after school to watch, and once that wasn’t enough began paying an instructor for lessons. His parents weren’t very happy with it at first, but once he assured them that he’d just found a hobby to indulge and that he wasn’t entertaining any dreams of trying to box professionally or anything they accepted it. Alden loved the sport once he started practicing it, he loved being in the ring, he loved when he won and flaunted his superiority to his opponent, he loved when he got trounced because it motivated him to train harder, to be better. His favorite thing though, was the fact that it didn’t matter where you came from or what your life was like, in the ring the only thing that mattered was strength and skill. To him it was the great equalizer. When he graduated high school, he made sure his university had a boxing ring in their gym. But he didn’t go to school immediately after graduation, much to his family’s influence. He spent a year just slacking off and partying so that he could, according to his father, “get it out of his system,” then another year backpacking and paling around Europe, mainly because it was the thing that all the other rich kids were doing. When he finally did start college he was twenty, so he was a bit more mature than the other freshman and he split his time at between classes, where he majored in business communications and the promise that he’d get a nice position in one of his dad’s companies on graduation, hanging out with his Zeta Psi fraternity brothers (he was a legacy after all) and of course in the boxing ring at the gym. Everything was going great too; he was making good grades, preparing for his senior year and graduation, and was even going to enter a local boxing tournament to make sure his skills were still up to par. But, of course, then the whole stupid world had to go to hell…

Kris
05-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Glad you're in Shep :)

I'm still having hard time deciding on stuff.

I wish I'll be done in time, but worst case I'll join later, I don't want to hold things up.

Anne Bonny
05-02-2011, 08:08 PM
As always, I'm open to edits if the gm should so desire!

Name: Tansy James

Appearance: A sunny blond in every respect, Tansy radiates summertime in her very appearance. Her blue eyes reflect the colors of the ocean, her skin is tanned from many days at the beach, and her hair falls in careless waves around her shoulders. Her clothing is casual, consisting of a denim skirt or boyfriend jeans and a fitted top, and her feet are always clad in sandals. Even her accessories are warm and joyful, bronze and gold necklaces and bracelets adorned with colorful, if worthless, stones add a little flash to her otherwise ordinary appearance.
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/rpa/tansy.jpg

Equipment: A brown leather messenger bag that serves as a purse and a briefcase. In it, Tansy carries a notepad, a laptop, a small camera, and her wallet among a few other necessities.

Personality: Her easy smile and outgoing, daring nature help Tansy to make friends quickly. She shines in social situations and adores being the center of attention.

Tansy doesn't like things that require much mental effort. In fact, it's been said a time or two that the poor girl has very little common sense at all. But she's become quite good at calling on friends or goading total strangers into helping her out instead of figuring her own way through problems. It's just a matter of how and when to turn on the charm to get someone to do things her way, and manipulating people is much easier than learning something new.

History: Tansy was born and raised in Morro Bay, California, a sleepy seaside town in the center of the state. Her childhood wasn't particularly eventful, as an only child of a broken couple. Tansy's mom was a free spirit who didn't want to be tied down by marriage or children, while her father felt quite the opposite and chose to raise their daughter on his own.

Her father worked long hours in construction, which left the latch-key Tansy to her own devices. She inherited her mother's rebellious attitude and got into plenty of trouble in high school, running with boys from the nearby university and spending sunny days at the beach instead of in class.

She did manage to complete a couple years at the local community college studying journalism and was hired by a travel magazine to write bit pieces here and there. Being sent to the island of Alesia was one of her biggest opportunities by the magazine to prove that she could write a decent story on her own.

Aheris
05-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Glad you guys are in :D

We do need some more dudes tho ...

Kris
05-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Worst case I'll end up playing one XD

~N~
05-03-2011, 01:46 AM
Kris, you're obligated to join. *smirks* You don't have a choice.

Shepherd and Anne, you are both, of course, APPROVED.

Everyone should be sure to check up on the additions I've made to the original OOC post, particularly the FAQ section.

And, finally, this thing is off and running.

IC Thread here (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14737). Post whenever you're ready.

Koti~
05-03-2011, 02:24 AM
Neato... This sets me up perfectly for my escape post.. Now just one question.

They usually have passenger planes and cruise ships coming and going to this island, correct?

~N~
05-03-2011, 02:31 AM
Neato... This sets me up perfectly for my escape post.. Now just one question.

They usually have passenger planes and cruise ships coming and going to this island, correct?

You are correct!

Koti~
05-03-2011, 02:34 AM
awesome, working on post now

Anne Bonny
05-03-2011, 02:38 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! How exciting!

~N~
05-03-2011, 02:43 AM
*grins* Glad to hear it.

Now, even though this has officially started, any one of you lurkers out there are more than welcome to submit character sheets and join the fray at any time you please.

So don't feel like you're behind or anything; you could jump in at a crucial moment and really turn things around.

Koti~
05-03-2011, 03:02 AM
posted, hope its okay

~N~
05-03-2011, 03:19 AM
Love it, Innkeeper! Great first post. I love your entire escape. I think I can even let you get away with that... for now. *grins*

We're off and running! Literally!

Koti~
05-03-2011, 03:23 AM
hey, i ran with what I had, and thank you

calamosis
05-03-2011, 04:52 AM
Ahh.... Where would I fit in amidst all this, exactly...? I'm not even completely sure if my character is monitered. XD Otherwise, I reeeeaaaalllly wanna post! :D Not sure what to do....

Randomlogic
05-03-2011, 07:53 AM
Name: Isaac W. Scott

Appearance: Despite only being in his late 20’s, the years have not been kind to Isaac, and it shows in the lines of fatigue that trace his worn features. Dusty blonde hair generally tousled and unkempt is cut short, his face left with a near permanent five o’ clock shadow. His eyes, deep blue in color, are lined with dark bags from lack of sleep and possess a weight to them far beyond his years.

Standing at 6’1, his body is the very definition of average, boasting no exceptional amount of muscle or body fat – simply average. His dress is equally simple, usually nothing more extravagant than a t-shirt beneath an unbuttoned dress shirt, blue jeans, and a pair of black work boots. A carton of cigarettes is always in his front pocket, a common red BIC lighter resting in the pocket of his jeans. Around his left wrist is a silver watch, and around his neck is a small silver locket, though the contents are known only to him.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/222/e/4/Lucifer_by_tehluv.jpg

Equipment: Aside from a small flashlight on his key-chain and a standard work grade knife, Isaac possesses no equipment out of the ordinary on his person. At home, however, he does own a Remington 1911 R1 .45 caliber pistol kept under his pillow. The gun has never been fired, but spare ammunition is kept in his closet, just in case.

He keeps a tool chest that he uses in both his work and helping out those in need of it.

Personality: Plainly put, Isaac is a very tired man. Once upon a time, he was something of a comedian, friendly and filled with life, but a combination of tragedy and time have caught up with him, leaving him soft spoken and even tempered. He remains more a creature of solitude than anything else, choosing to keep to himself and holding few friends, though remaining polite and well mannered to those he does meet, he rarely chooses to pursue the connection.

That being said, he is still a man of charismatic qualities, possessing both intelligence and wit to accompany his even voice, proving that despite his fatigue, his mind is sharp and cunning. In addition to his calm demeanor, he is able to persuade those around him to see his side of things, or at least function as a very capable voice of reason. His passiveness serves him well in the sense that he is rarely viewed as a threat by those around him, and is seen as an equally good listener with a level head on his shoulders.

History: Isaac’s background is, for the most part, a mystery. There is little to say about him before he came to the Island, other than that he came quietly and without complaint. His current life is based around his work at one of the local factories and that he occasionally attends church on Sundays, despite his house and person being devoid of any religious bearings. He holds little status within the city, save for being known as something of a handyman by his neighborhood, often fixing whatever they need without requirement of thanks or payment.

ashford211994
05-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Would you like us to post our intros and if so where would you like the setting to be?

Kris
05-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Inn your post was brilliant! I really enjoyed it :)

~N~
05-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Would you like us to post our intros and if so where would you like the setting to be?

Everyone starts on the Island. You can "wake up" there, or you can tell me how you got there, or both.

Really, from there, the choice is yours.

Edited to add: And really *anywhere* on the Island is fine by me.

Edited to add: RandomLogic, you are APPROVED!

Koti~
05-03-2011, 01:17 PM
thank you for the compliment kris...

but now I am stuck

~N~
05-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Well, you have some time to think about it; don't worry.

Prophet
05-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Name: Thomas Fynn

Appearance: Thomas (http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m318/Lokiri/Males/Thomas3.jpg) wears his light brown hair a little shaggy atop his brow. It’s trained to part to the side, neatly framing a handsome visage and staying out of a pair of bright blue eyes. His chin and jaw are dusted with just a hint of scruff and his easy smile is often genuine, capable of lifting even the gloomiest man’s mood.

Equipment:
Yamaha R1: (http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m318/Lokiri/bike.jpg) Nothing Special really. He bought it just before coming to the island and has been cruising to and from work ever since. His parents were mortified when they learned of his decision but they have since come to accept that he must be capable on it. If they knew have the things he did on it they might feel differently.

Riding Jacket (http://www.mxsouth.com/street/scorpion/scorpion-jackets-scorpion-stinger-jacket_1.jpg)

Personality: Thomas is a doctor so it seems only natural that he be of the kind, caring sort. He has always given freely of himself, never asking anything in return. There is a certain calm about him. Like a clear sunrise. It shines from the light within his eyes, in the warmth of his smile. This genuine sense of kindness is however offset by a brash and reckless nature that many believe will one day get him killed. He is a seeker of thrills, an adrenaline junkie to the highest degree. It’s all about the rush, the excitement as life and personal well beings hands in the balance. In those moments when you’re heart is pounding like a drum within your chest a person is most alive.

History:
Fynn’s life growing up was notable for his normalcy. There was really nothing fantastic or interesting involved. Nothing that would make the various groups in the world thing there was something amiss with him. He was born in to a well off family, his father being the owner of a large string of auto repair companies. Being an only child he wanted for nothing. Experts would argue that such an upbringing was bad or wrong somehow because it teaches a child to be selfish and to expect to get whatever they wanted. With Thomas, at least, they would have been wrong.

When Alesia became open to the public Thomas was among the first to volunteer to go. It was the rumors of their building a hospital there that lured him. A new hospital would need a young, talented doctors and he seemed a perfect candidate. He had plans to enjoy the tropical climates, meet a few beautiful women, and maybe even try his hand at surfing. Needless to say his lifestyle has kept him marginally busy

~N~
05-03-2011, 06:21 PM
APPROVED!

Let's get those IC posts going, people!

Randomlogic
05-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Mah post is up. And a possible escape route given for the kitty ;..;

Kris
05-03-2011, 08:01 PM
You guys are awesome.

The posts and everything is so wounderful, way to go :)

Mysteria
05-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Just checking the opener for a few details here before I get to attempting a post, but yeah, post in progress. XD

Kris
05-03-2011, 10:55 PM
yay, go Mysti go :D

Black
05-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Speaking of going, why dont you get working on your character Kris? += )

Kris
05-04-2011, 12:02 AM
>.>

~N~
05-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Speaking of going, why dont you get working on your character Kris? += )

Excellent post, Rich. If you don't get anyone else in the Cafe, I'll get something to you that you can work with.

Mysteria
05-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Okay okay had no clue where to begin so I figured at the beginning would work best...Heck if I know, but it's up!!

Nice posts so far, everyone!

Kris
05-04-2011, 12:41 AM
I'll head the cafe once I have my char ready, I have plans.

I'll have the profile by tomorrow and will read the posts by then too :)

great work everyone :)

~N~
05-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Okay okay had no clue where to begin so I figured at the beginning would work best...Heck if I know, but it's up!!

Nice posts so far, everyone!

Good post! Great posts by all so far!

Mysti, same goes for you (what I told Rich).

Actually, for everyone -- if you find your character just "dangling" out there and don't know where to go with it, I'll throw you something to get you back in the game.

That's one of the parts I'll be playing in this one as an active "all-around" GM.

calamosis
05-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Ah! If Richard needs someone in the Cafe, I can easily edit the time on my post for that! :D

Shepherd
05-04-2011, 01:55 AM
Working on a post right now, just not sure where to begin.

Anne Bonny
05-04-2011, 02:05 AM
I have ideas! Thanks everyone for making good posts so I can be inspired!

I have a question though, N... It's cool that we're on different days and such, yes? It's a bit hard to keep track of where and when everyone is, but I'm taking notes so that should help. :)

~N~
05-04-2011, 03:10 AM
It is completely cool, Anne.

Basically, I foresaw that this thing could get mighty huge in many directions, so the DATE/TIME/LOCATION thing helps us to at least maintain some sense of "okay, she's here, with him, and he's other there, with that other guy, and it's what day again? Oh yeah!"

Just don't do that "two-three days" in one post thing too much.

Mr.Cynic
05-04-2011, 03:13 AM
N, did you get my PM?

Anne Bonny
05-04-2011, 03:18 AM
Rad. I will continue taking notes then. :D Thank you dear!

Black
05-04-2011, 03:20 AM
postpostpostpostpost

Head to the Cafe.

postpostpostpostpost

~N~
05-04-2011, 04:07 AM
N, did you get my PM?

Yep, just getting to it now.

Edited to add: To Cal -- love the inner dialogue in your post. Nice work.

Edit, Edit: To Aheris -- also great first post! I like how you decided to go to the Cafe for a good reason instead of just ending up there.

To all: On that point, if you find your character would have more reason to talk to/interact with any of the NPCs I've mentioned in my posts (and will continue to develop), please feel free to do so! I'll fill in for them and play their part because I'd rather do that than have you come up with everything they say and do--that'll help maintain their characters and goals.

Anne Bonny
05-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Ok! After throwing out three starts of posts, I finally settled on one. Not spectacular, but at least I'm in there. :)

Koti~
05-04-2011, 05:53 PM
I've left myself completely open for any one who wants to say hi to my character

~N~
05-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Innkeeper: I sent a rather disturbed and timid waiter over your way.

Anne: I trust you'll find some use for that tour.

The rest in the Cafe: You may see, interact, interrupt, sit down with, or introduce yourselves to Jeremy and Bob as you see fit.

For Mysti and Randomlogic: Since you guys have placed your events on the 17th, I figure we'll move things along naturally and work things into your posts accordingly as the time allows.

Cal -- I couldn't figure out anyone to send to the beach just yet, but I haven't forgotten about you. We'll work out something.

(anyone else who hasn't done their first post yet, is certainly welcome to jump in anywhere they like!)

Randomlogic
05-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Mmk. I'll probably post again tonight when I get off of work tonight. Looks fun so far :D

~N~
05-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Looking forward to it! I'm glad you're enjoying the RP. I know it's a bit different than you might used to, but that's just how I am...

Koti~
05-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Hooray

Get ready for an oddly descriptive post of a table :vGrin:

no wonder my character was in a hospital.. :vGrin:

Aheris
05-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Different. Yes. That's how N is. :D

Koti~
05-04-2011, 06:57 PM
okay, I tried to have my character act normal :lol:

Seriously I am loving my character and this rp even more so :vGrin:

~N~
05-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Not to mention that it's easier to justify approaching a girl sitting at a table than behind a trashcan. *grins*

Koti~
05-04-2011, 07:07 PM
well yes that is true...

And enjoy my description of a table

Prophet
05-04-2011, 08:16 PM
well I'm finally in the game. good posts everyone!

Anne Bonny
05-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Hurray! I can make a friend!

I'm super blown away by the talent in this rp. This is SO much fun already!

Koti~
05-04-2011, 08:48 PM
and to think, we are still in the introductory faze ^^

Mysteria
05-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Incredible posting everyone! I couldn't wait to get home to get caught up with whats going on!!

Koti~
05-04-2011, 09:33 PM
ooray!

Kris
05-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Name: Sarina Gohar (Aka: "Sarah", "Rina")

Appearance: average height, about 1.60 cm, average weight (about 57kg), and not very curvy but has body areas she is proud of. Has shoulder length straight black hair and big dark brown eyes (Looks somewhat green in strong light). Round face that gives her a bit of childish appearance and younger look. She is mostly into jeans and T-shirts.

Equipment: Blue backpack that has many pockets and zippers. She always carries inside a water bottle, pack for food, wallet, sketch book, cell phone (advanced cool one… Something like the Samsung galaxy model), camera (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aoy1Mh3S9EE/TV_OXj42JtI/AAAAAAAAABE/bVu8gZ8L3lM/s1600/Camara.jpg), MP3 and some box of pens, colors and pencils, scissors, glue… and more of the like…

She isn't into jewelry but has a plain necklace that has a key door attached to (which has no use whatsoever, but is still very important to her).

Personality: Sarina is mixed type person: at first glance she seems to be the silent, kept to herself type, but when provoke she proves to be fiery, stubborn and outspoken woman, that won't hold back on her words nor on her faith in order to protect what she holds dear.

She's albeit tomboyish too and sometimes acting immature as well. She tends to get out of situations or avoiding ones by pretending to be busy snapping pictures with her camera.

History: Sarina nationality is Middle Eastern, but she moved to the Isle of Alesia about 2 years ago because of personal need. She works part time in a Printing House in which a friend of the family is the main CEO of. She gets to have her hands over a lot of books and other documents and she often helps designers create flayers and postcards too.

She lives on her own and enjoys taking pictures and drawing, sometimes spending hours outside doing just that.

She doesn't talk much about her past, but it is known that she lost two friends in a terrible accident she was able to escape her life with about 6 years ago.

ashford211994
05-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Can someone please post the IC thread link for me?

Kris
05-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Here: http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14737

ashford211994
05-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Thank you and what setting is everyone in so far?

Kris
05-04-2011, 10:30 PM
well depends, whenever you post you need to state where you are, you can see that each player is found on another location/time.

Read the IC posts, you might get idea about where to start or where to join. If not you can always PM Nyx (http://role-player.net/forum/member.php?u=9317) for guidance :)

ashford211994
05-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Yeah I just now remembered that >.< sorry for bothering you

Kris
05-04-2011, 10:33 PM
You're not bothering me at all :)

I wish I could be more helpful, but I didn't finish reading all the IC posts, so that's why I can't give you clear answer :/

Koti~
05-04-2011, 10:33 PM
hope you enjoy the posts. It's going swimmingly, and I swear my character is mental

Kris
05-04-2011, 10:37 PM
you're doing awesome Inn

God, I can't wait to post :D

Now that my profile is up, that is XD

*Waiting to be approved >.> *

Koti~
05-04-2011, 10:40 PM
I shall use my magical powers to mentally summon ~N~

Oh seems to not have worked.
And thank you for the compliments on my post. I can't wait for character interactions

Kris
05-04-2011, 10:44 PM
same, same :)

Well I'll be off to read the rest of the IC :D

(can't believe we are already on page 2 >.> )

ashford211994
05-04-2011, 10:49 PM
I feel like a loser, all of you guys posts are fantastic and mine is only 2 paragraphs >.>

Koti~
05-04-2011, 10:51 PM
A trick i have used. Type up your post in MSword, and just let your thoughts flow free.

If you want, give more description to how your character feels, and more description to the area around you.

Sorry if I am sounding preachy

Andsilly ashford. You arn't a loser, you just are getting into your sea legs

ashford211994
05-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the advice, I never thought of it that way before. The people I usually RP with are always nagging on how long I take to post, but seems that you guys are fine with however long it takes to make a good post. This is great for me because it is going to improve my RPing abilities.

Koti~
05-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Agreed, and if you ever are truly stuck with posting, don't try to force it, or it will suck uber balls

And just to let you know it used to take me forever to make it even a paragraph length, no lie ^^

Kris
05-04-2011, 11:04 PM
I'm glad to hear it from you Ash :)

I learn a lot from everyone's writing as well :)

~N~
05-04-2011, 11:06 PM
I feel like a loser, all of you guys posts are fantastic and mine is only 2 paragraphs >.>

Actually, Ash, Cal's character is on the beach too! (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=591742&postcount=6) Just click the link to see that post, and you can have your character see or interact with Terence there. So, if you want to add more to your post in order to do that, that's fine by me.

But again, don't worry about post length. I don't put any stock in length, but I do want you to do something that the rest of us can work with, which usually involves some sort of action or interaction. Feel free to ask me or anything if you're having trouble coming up with something, and I'll shoot a number of ideas and suggestions your way. We all hit writer's block. I'm here to help ya get past it, or help in any other way I can.

Kris, you are APPROVED!

Koti~
05-04-2011, 11:07 PM
hehe

so you learned how to make your character go on mini mental trips and describe furniture?

But are they really that interesting?

HEY IT WORKED~

albeit delayed though..
And i think cal~ character moved to the cafe

Once more he commenced his automaton walking, one foot in front of the other, until he arrived downtown. Now, where could he beg scraps from...? A short circut around revealed that a quiet cafe, aptly named the City Cafe, was a safe enough bet for decent food. The people didn't look like they owned a gun that they kept simply for keeping people like him out of their shop. In fact, some of them looked quite nice. Although, he had been wrong about these things before..... this is in his ..third paragraph? (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=591742&postcount=6)

~N~
05-04-2011, 11:15 PM
True, he did by the end of his post, but that doesn't mean she couldn't spot him and go from there. That's part of why the time/location stamps help.

*disappears again* Back later!

ashford211994
05-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Well I would have her notice him, but she is already so obsorbed in her art work so he would have to interrupt her, lol.

ashford211994
05-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Oh...he is sleeping now -_-

Koti~
05-04-2011, 11:20 PM
lolz~

This should get interesting with interactions and artifacts

ashford211994
05-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Aha! Success, she literally trips over him muahah! XD

Koti~
05-04-2011, 11:56 PM
uh.. don't mean to spoil.. but I did state that he had moved to the cafe? *dies of self consciousness*

*has ridiculously hard time giving advice like this cause I sound judgmental in my head T_T*

ashford211994
05-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Gaarghhh >.< *Sigh* ok I guess i will wait for someone else to interact with my character then.

Koti~
05-05-2011, 12:01 AM
sorry sorry *face falls* but other than that.. awesome post ^^

ashford211994
05-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Tehe, thanks :D

calamosis
05-05-2011, 12:31 AM
.....WAIT. WAIT. WHAT? *is panicked* WHAT JUST HAPPENED? i WAS GONE FOR A DAY.... BECAUSE OF SCHOOL...... I CAN INTERACT, HONEST, JUST GIMME A LIL BIT TO REACT PLEEASE! D: I don't mean to be slow, I just can't be on during most of the weekdays because of school.....

Black
05-05-2011, 12:34 AM
This is my second post. Most people only have one up bro. No worries.

~N~
05-05-2011, 12:35 AM
See! He wants to interact!

I know, man... this thing is *moving*.

Ash, I'll throw you some action if nobody happens along.

ashford211994
05-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Alrighty, thank you ^.^

calamosis
05-05-2011, 12:50 AM
Alright.... Finally I finished reading! Man this thing is moving like a bullet train! I'll get mine up in a bit, promise. I may choose to interact in a bit, but that may wait until the post after this one, so I can get some time skipping and observing over with! :D

Koti~
05-05-2011, 12:56 AM
I think this thing is moving because I am damn eager to post in this thing. This is the most fun with a character I have ever had.

To honestly say, I gave myself a mini freak attack when I posted as her ^^;

Sorry if I am being to eager

Aheris
05-05-2011, 01:01 AM
No, I don't think you're too eager. I think we're all pretty stoked :)

Black
05-05-2011, 01:11 AM
Dont post yet Innkeeper, Im not done! Im still editing =D

~N~
05-05-2011, 01:12 AM
Alrighty, thank you ^.^

Okay, Ash -- I decided not to wait. Figured I'd grab one of Miller's boys and start up a conversation with your Rachel.

Innkeeper, my only suggestion would be not to move the days too far in advance or take actions that jump too far ahead of the other characters, because I will allow people to take things at their own pace. Some will post more than others and that's fine by me. It's just I want the significant actions to take a reasonable amount of time. Conversations can easily go back and forth a half-dozen posts at a time even, but traveling takes a little more time, and doing other things should be handled at a realistic pace.

Basically, I'm not telling you to maintain a strict posting order, but I also don't want you getting a week apart, or not giving others a chance to jump in. Sometimes patience is called for, sometimes it's okay to just post when you're ready--you kind of have to feel it out and allow others to play along.

Edited to add: Rich, good post! Hehe, I like the fourth wall tapping you're doin' there on your laptop.

Koti~
05-05-2011, 01:15 AM
alrighty.

I think I will wait a bit for my post...

but can I ask a quick question though. What exactly are you looking at that is making you tense up Richard?

Black
05-05-2011, 01:16 AM
Just the state of her clothing and her manner and skittish additude.

Koti~
05-05-2011, 01:18 AM
ah.. yes that part.

So have to ask.... what did you think. I seriously think I am overplaying her a bit too much

Black
05-05-2011, 01:23 AM
Hardly. You're doing good. I decided I needed to have more inner thoughts because of your characters excellence. And I decided I needed to be more descriptive in my surroundings. Ffff a lot of inadequacies were pointed out when I read your posts.

Koti~
05-05-2011, 01:25 AM
really????

thank you, I think?

Black
05-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Dont think. Just be proud. Thinking is for the weak. Also notice how I snuck that sneaky advertiseing for the game into the game itsel-- wait.

~N~
05-05-2011, 01:32 AM
I caught it! *points to edited post above*

Black
05-05-2011, 01:33 AM
Actually I put it there before the Edit. The edit was adding the CIA FBI guys.

~N~
05-05-2011, 01:34 AM
I meant MY edited OOC post. But yes, I saw you edited yours.

calamosis
05-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Bleh. Terence isn't the kindest person, is he? XD I'm having fun with this already! :D

Black
05-05-2011, 01:36 AM
Ah. dully noted. = D

Koti~
05-05-2011, 01:38 AM
i think advertizing would work better if you linked to the OOC rather than back to the same thing?

~N~
05-05-2011, 01:39 AM
We might just be on the verge of making a scene right here in the Cafe...

Just remember, I'll be playing the part of those suspicious characters should the gloves come off. *grins*

Black
05-05-2011, 01:40 AM
I was hoping you would. Why dont you take Rich and the girl out to the alley beside the cafe in a few posts.

calamosis
05-05-2011, 01:41 AM
Well-noted, N! I'm sure Terence is up for a scuffle, even with a sore side from the gut-punchers from last night. He always is, after all! >: D

Aheris
05-05-2011, 01:50 AM
I decided I had to get in on zeh action....cuz....welll cuz.

~N~
05-05-2011, 01:52 AM
How about for now we play it off as them not really being agents (because I really don't credit my FBI guys for being Johnny-on-the-Spot in 45 mins after a breakout as clever as Inn's). I love the tension and false alarm in the atmosphere though!

Black
05-05-2011, 01:55 AM
SHHHHH You're not supposed to reveal them as ordinary business men or Columbian drug lords just yet!!! ffffff

~N~
05-05-2011, 01:57 AM
*laughs* My bad.

Random, that was a great post. I'm loving the hallucinations and voices you're playing out there. Thanks for working the Majestic into your day there!

G
05-05-2011, 01:58 AM
Wow! This is looking so great so far :) I'm really busy for the next few days finishing up moving house so I might wait till then to post my intro, so that I don't get left behind after I do :)
Looks fantastic so far guys :D

Aheris
05-05-2011, 02:04 AM
But that at least gives us omewhere to start our non-human interactions. Since we're all freaking out about the same thing

Randomlogic
05-05-2011, 02:05 AM
*laughs* My bad.

Random, that was a great post. I'm loving the hallucinations and voices you're playing out there. Thanks for working the Majestic into your day there!

Danke! I haven't done anything like this in quite some time, so it's a bit of a challenge, but I'm really enjoying myself. And you're welcome - thank Mysti for having a post on the same day as mine, though, otherwise I would've been stuck in the future alone for some time more >.>;

calamosis
05-05-2011, 02:09 AM
At randomlogic:

D:

.......You. You've been watching Legion, haven't you?

........ *shivers* ..............

~N~
05-05-2011, 02:13 AM
There. What's an island without the mob anyway? *grins*

Randomlogic
05-05-2011, 02:15 AM
At randomlogic:

D:

.......You. You've been watching Legion, haven't you?

........ *shivers* ..............

I actually have not seen the movie, but the old lady from the preview did inspire my post x3.

calamosis
05-05-2011, 02:25 AM
..... *second involuntary shiver*

Let's just say me and a friend watched that. At night. Alone. In a creaking house.

....We.... Well. I get scared of the dark sometimes because of that movie. (To those of you who think I'm a wimp for that; remember this:

the little old lady: "You're baby's gonna burn."
Waitress: ...*shocked* What?
little old lady: *angered* I said your baby's gonna fucking burn, bitch.)

.......................... D: *flails and is thankful this is the mature forum*

~N~
05-05-2011, 02:26 AM
Added another point at the bottom of the FAQ, just giving you all a heads-up/clarification about how your characters should be acting.

That's not in response to everyone, I just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page before anything problematic actually happened.

Black
05-05-2011, 02:33 AM
WAAAAAAIT!

Didn't notice the new person. Someone should post it on OCC when they are around me otherwise ill miss it. I dont read other peoples posts so I dont have the temptation to meta game. >.>

Koti~
05-05-2011, 02:33 AM
okay, I am going to wait a bit to see how the other person reacts.. *is highly forgetfully, its the woman in the black dress*

cause seriously, she is about 5 minutes from either mentally snapping, or being sick to her stomach

~N~
05-05-2011, 02:35 AM
WAAAAAAIT!

Didn't notice the new person. Someone should post it on OCC when they are around me otherwise ill miss it. I dont read other peoples posts so I dont have the temptation to meta game. >.>

Might want to do that from now on (read other people's posts, not metagame, obviously). It's going to be awkward if you're ignoring interactions from others... just a friendly suggestion.

Alright, I'm out of here for the night! Don't have too much fun while I'm gone. Heh.

Koti~
05-05-2011, 02:38 AM
nite ~n~

and seriously.. I am loving delving into this characters mind ^^

calamosis
05-05-2011, 03:04 AM
I agree, Inn! :D Even though Terr's a jerk....

Koti~
05-05-2011, 03:13 AM
Well, I am waiting for Aheris to post now ^^

and i love that no one has noticed the 'I am totally misreading this situation and am scared dead' nature, and think i am calm ^^

Aheris
05-05-2011, 04:22 AM
Pooooooooosted. Woot.

This is a blast :D

calamosis
05-05-2011, 04:44 AM
Aheris, your post made me laugh so hard! A scruffy man? XD THAT'S GREAT! He needs to be taken down a notch or two.

....Still laughing. XD

Rook
05-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Name: Lance Navarrette

Appearance: A thin young man, about 5'5'' with dirty blond hair, just down to past ear level, complemented by light blue eyes, containing sectoral heterochromia in his right eye, leaving it's inner half green. Usually wears pretty average clothing. Dark Blue Jeans, black shirt under a gray hooded sweatshirt. Pretty much an Average Joe.

Equipment: The clothes on his back, a low tech but functional cell phone, and a six inch switchblade (Pop out, not flip out) for self defense.

Personality: No one would call him happy go lucky, but he's definitely definitely in a good mood most of the time. Usually kind, Lance mixes in with people of all kinds very easily. He's been often described as very east relate to.

History: Lance was born in The City, and has lived there all his life. He works, lives, and plans to die as a resident of the island. He's currently attending collage on via the internet for computer programming, as well as working a local grocery store to pay his rent. Again, he seems to be nothing more than an average man in all aspects.

A good, hard working family that taught him to work just as hard as them, and not to be afraid to get his hands dirty. White picket fence and what not. At the risk of sounding repetitive, just another Average Joe.

(Sorry this is kinda barren, expect alot more in the PM ~N~)

Koti~
05-05-2011, 01:29 PM
I am loving it a hella lots

Anne Bonny
05-05-2011, 01:30 PM
SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIII IN!!!!!!!

*tackles*

~N~
05-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Dear Miss Bonny,

I'd like to see another post from you. You got quite a congregation of things to interact with/react to in that hospital. *winks*

Sincerely,

~N~

Koti~
05-05-2011, 04:54 PM
I agree of sorts~

And plus, I am eager to see how that works out. As well, loving the posts people come up with ^^

Anne Bonny
05-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Dear Miss Bonny,

I'd like to see another post from you. You got quite a congregation of things to interact with/react to in that hospital. *winks*

Sincerely,

~N~

Dear Mr. N,

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to say no to you? Actually, I'm sure you do.

Alright, one post coming up!

Yours truly,
Anne

Kris
05-05-2011, 05:07 PM
*going to post*

Koti~
05-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Okay, I am seriously determined to stay here to see what goes down, but unfortunatly I have to work, and I already used my I'm sick excuse

T_T i probably won't be home till 11 and by then, I'll have another three pages to read. Plus side is that It will be AWESOME

Kris
05-05-2011, 08:41 PM
POSTED!

I'm sure I have many grammar errors, but be gentle with me.

Anne Bonny
05-05-2011, 09:03 PM
*throws hands in the air*

Kris, I love your character!

Mysteria
05-05-2011, 09:34 PM
LOVE all of the posts!!

~N~
05-05-2011, 11:08 PM
Ash, Anne, Kris; all of you, loved your posts!

Ash, I'll get a reply to yours either tonight or tomorrow.

Kris, wonderful use of dialogue -- it gives us an excellent view of your character's personality.

Anne; I love the way you teased out Tansy's desire to see the rest of that hallway, and her inner thoughts and reactions to that end with both Jill and Dr. Fynn. Excellent handling of that.

Anne Bonny
05-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Thanks! I wasn't really sure how exactly to use Receptionist Jill. You played her so well, N. Your compliment is a releif. :)

Black
05-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Short crappy post is short and crappy. = (

Randomlogic
05-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Well, we've got one more player in The Majestic now, which is good. Now the question is how to bring everyone together - especially when a certain entertainer who we won't name, ahem, hasn't posted again, yet.

Hrm. I'll wait a bit more, just so I don't trample over any possible posts, then see if I can't do anything :P.

Koti~
05-06-2011, 02:57 AM
okay, I am back

Anne Bonny
05-06-2011, 03:02 AM
Randomlogic! Look at your walrus! Look at it! Omg so cute!

I LOVE walruses. Errr... walri?

Randomlogic
05-06-2011, 03:13 AM
Randomlogic! Look at your walrus! Look at it! Omg so cute!

I LOVE walruses. Errr... walri?

They are adorable, and he has a little monocle to go with his finely groomed mustache, just to keep himself extra dapper.

Koti~
05-06-2011, 03:26 AM
After reading up. I realized I have nothing to post on right now, waiting for Aheris.

Still.. I must say thank you for allowing me to work my character personality so well, because this is the first I have ever been able to work a character like this. And the posts have been awesome ^^

So.. thank you

Aheris
05-06-2011, 04:27 AM
Alright ladies and gents...I know you're waiting for me. But my brain is cooked cabbage right now---I had an extra long day of work ++++++ homeworks.

So, I promise tomorrow. Hopefully by then my cabbage will have some crispness to it.

Shepherd
05-06-2011, 09:38 AM
And there.... hopefully that's decent enough. Let me know if I need to edit anything.

Mysteria
05-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Well, we've got one more player in The Majestic now, which is good. Now the question is how to bring everyone together - especially when a certain entertainer who we won't name, ahem, hasn't posted again, yet.

Hrm. I'll wait a bit more, just so I don't trample over any possible posts, then see if I can't do anything :P.

Don't wait on me, if you feel you can post do so as I'm not going to be able to post every day and probably not going to be able to post again until sometime over the weekend and not exactly sure which day that will be.

Shep, your post was great.

Rook
05-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Sorry if that was long and drawn out all. I have a tendency to ramble. And so does this character, which you may see. So me and my deep ingrained rambling for no reason, and him with his on purpose (You'll see later) rambling, make a very bad combo.

Koti~
05-06-2011, 01:14 PM
AHAHAHA

If you have noticed, most of our characters seem to ramble ^^

Rook
05-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Not as hard as the three-four paragraphs I just vomited to you three. And that's just dialogue, not the other 6 paragraphs of non dialogue,

Koti~
05-06-2011, 01:45 PM
true, but you have to remember, a lot goes on in my characters head.

Seriously though, I never actually intended my character to go down this road, but it's really the best way I could make it go with the posts people have given me

Rook
05-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Lol, I didn't expect to be doing nice things outright, but that changed a bit too because the circumstance of one of the first ways I was going to go about making him a dynamic character. I'm pleased with it though.

~N~
05-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Serin: Great post! I like how you've been successful at getting some movement at the table.

Shep: Awesome post. Have to agree with Mysti here.

Inn: Perhaps I can help: sometimes, roleplaying is more "rolling" than "planning". I know that several of the posts I've made have just been "Okay, this is what they've given me, so I'll do that instead, and bring in these guys". Instead of thinking just about where you want to go, think about getting to where other people are. Yes, it's a change of plans, but that's where the surprises come in, both for you and the other readers. And frankly, surprises make for better, more enjoyable writing and reading. So just roll with it! You know generally where you're going, but remember, there is more than one way to get there!

Ash, I'll be posting now, then I'll be at class and work the rest of the day until tonight. Also, you may want to edit your date on your last post to: August 16, 2042. I'm not being picky or anything; I only caught it because I am replying to it.

Also, Inn: I love the color coding for others' words that you're quoting into your post; it's a good visual detail to help keep straight who's saying what. I'm going to use it for mine.

Koti~
05-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Hooray ^^

Now, if only I didn't have to work again today, which is when people will probably be posting

calamosis
05-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Alright. I may be on, and I do have plans for my next post; however I don't have the time to write it out right now.... I will post later, though! Wait for me? :D

Kris
05-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Hooray ^^

Now, if only I didn't have to work again today, which is when people will probably be posting

Welcome to my world!

It's sad to say that when I'm around most of you are in bed.

EDIT:

On another note:

For all of you I got the chance to read your stuff, I love what I saw so far.

Logic, I just love how you play your char and I love to read about him.

Everyone do awesome work at your posts. Sure it was a lot to read, but you are all very gifted writers.

Mysti, I love the fact you made up a song far better then most of the pop singers out there can do.

Now I'll go and read the rest of the IC :)

Koti~
05-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Dude I am usually up until 1:00 in the morning.

Randomlogic
05-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Logic, I just love how you play your char and I love to read about him.

Why, thank you! You're doing very well, yourself!

I'll post again when I get off work today, but for now I've got to run - just don't want to leave anyone waiting/hanging :P. Thanks, guys, I'll be back later!

Kris
05-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Sure thing.

I just never read something like your char before, and you do so well of telling about him and how he acts.

I can't wait to read more :)

Aheris
05-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Ok, guys... I am back in action. Excited about all this interaction. Bangin.

Anne Bonny
05-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Whoooo! We've got some fabulous characters here, I've gotta say. I'm so intrigued by all of you!

Mysteria
05-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Welcome to my world!

Mysti, I love the fact you made up a song far better then most of the pop singers out there can do.

Actually Kris, I didn't make up that song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk1W-pcogRY) its an oldie. There are several versions of it, even ones that were done on an old TV show that I still love to watch every now and then. The song is a classic.

Now that I'm caught up on the Ooc, I'm rushing off to read the IC

ashford211994
05-06-2011, 10:05 PM
I am back! :) I have to say I am RPing better then I ever have before, I am very excited about this!

Black
05-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Moving out of the cafe toooooo DUN DUN DUN! Richards house. Maybe. If someone doesn't change the direction of our course.

Koti~
05-07-2011, 04:07 AM
I need help with my next post. Though ... probably will just have my character... ah

EDIT: it seems my brain at this point is dead, so I will post once I get some sleep

EDIT 2: My brain has decided otherwise. So by the time I post again after this, it should be at Richards house.. so mainly we can start moving the story along

Mysteria
05-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Trying to come up with a post now but not sure how to tie both Sarina and Isaac into it so will give this some thought. At best, I will at least attempt to get the three some interaction or introduction to each other. My brains in a bit of a fog due to this cold, but I'll see what I can come up with.

Okay, posted. Random, if you need me to change anything, let me know.

Nix, if anything needs changed, ditto the above.

Koti~
05-07-2011, 03:08 PM
nice post

EvermoreEvrgrn
05-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Name: Chelsea N. Taylar

Companion:Lily. A pure white wolf you can always see by her side.

Appearance: here (http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv180/leafpetal14/?action=view&current=AnimeWolfGirl.jpg&newest=1)

Equipment: A large sword which she carries upside down and is often mistaken for a walking stick. and a white backpack (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.chanel-handbags-outlet.net/PicImages/chanel%2520bags/Chanel%2520simple%2520white%2520shoulder%2520bag.j pg&imgrefurl=http://www.chanel-handbags-outlet.net/Chanel-bags/Chanel-simple-white-shoulder-bag.html&usg=__sHHfH0bUz0o0iRDqk6eI2f8bPpg=&h=450&w=600&sz=65&hl=en&start=0&sig2=IGLiEgE9aq1u5hZRsvnYFA&zoom=1&tbnid=KTVZv1JkiiSpyM:&tbnh=156&tbnw=210&ei=v27FTcf7CsTV0QGo3vT9Bw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsimple%2Bshoulder%2Bbag%26um%3D1%26hl %3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D638%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=675&page=1&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0&tx=148&ty=62)

Personality: Always smiling and happy she is calm and rational especially in any type of crisis from food on the stove catching on fire to being in a collapsing building. She can often be seen staring off into space lost in thought, and although this may make her seem like a bit of a loner but she is really very friendly and loves the company of others and will even share whatever is on her mind if your willing to listen.

History: She and her sister were living in an orphanage when the wave hit and that day her sister "disappeared". While she was being moved to the island she found Lily who has stayed with her ever since.

(hope this is okay! ^.^ i'm really excited!)

Mysteria
05-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Keeper, thank you!

Kris
05-07-2011, 08:04 PM
*going to read*

EDIT:

Mysti, I feel silly now since I know this song and it used to be one of my fav.

XD

but still I love your other post, now I'd love to read your next. :)

Koti~
05-07-2011, 08:38 PM
hey look, another possible 17 year old female.. the complete opposite of my character.

If she were added i would love to see how they interacted ^^

EvermoreEvrgrn
05-07-2011, 10:05 PM
haha! that would be fun!

Kris
05-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Okay read your post Mysti and loved it of course :)

I'm going to try and reply my best to both you and Logic :)

again, feel free to tell me to change my post

*going to write it*

~N~
05-08-2011, 01:08 AM
Alright,

Richard and Stephanie: Richard, you've been reported. The police will be investigating you for kidnapping.

I know you've been itching for a fight, but remember, in this RP, your character isn't super-powerful, and he/she can be killed. Doesn't mean this will happen right off, but just be aware that if you tangle with the law, you might not come out of it in quite as good of shape as you might at first think.

Be aware of that.

For everyone else, I'll be throwing down another post tomorrow, bringing in some new NPCs and inching this thing a little further along as well.

I'm very proud of all of you; you're making this the most fantastic, energetic RP I've seen here in a while, and I cannot take credit for that. You have been a great bunch of players. Keep it up!

Black
05-08-2011, 02:35 AM
I dislike how everyone makes me out to be a bad guy >.>

Koti~
05-08-2011, 02:37 AM
If it helps you out, stephanie thinks you are a good guy.

And plus, you just have the run of, right place, wrong time

Black
05-08-2011, 02:51 AM
>...>