PDA

View Full Version : [OOC] Space Age Chronicles

\/Ģin
05-01-2011, 05:37 AM
SPACE AGE CHRONICLES

-Year 2020
~~The first space bound cruise ship was launched by NASA. Carrying at about three hundred passengers, the ship circled the Earthling Moon and returned to Earth. The ship provided no gravity function and all passengers were exposed to a non-gravity experience that left some very weakened once they returned to Earth. The round trip was valued at thirty-thousand US dollars per passenger.

-Year 2028
~~NASA began construction of what would become the first moon base.

-Year 2032
~~NASA achieved gravity simulation and implemented it into thirty percent of their cruise ships. The price for gravity equipped trips was almost double the non-gravity packages. However, due to early development the modules would overheat rapidly, thus only three hours out of an entire day would feature gravity.

-Year 2033
~~The US depression had finally ended. With the increase in customers, NASA excelled in development.

-Year 2045
~~Using space as a trade route had hit full bloom and economic stability had been at it's finest.

-Year 2073
~~NASA reported strange radio interference from an anomaly about fifty million miles from Pluto. The Hubble VII sent back images of a distorted area in an image, almost as if an object with cloaking abilities was heading toward Earth.

-Year 2074
~~Alien Contact had been made. A species known as the Archbrine visited the Earth in peace. Due to their complex nature and supreme intellect, each of them mastered all human languages in about thirty minutes. They spoke of an interstellar pact between them and all major races in the universe that forbid the interference of any Class C species (forms that had yet to reach space age). However, with recent developments the human race had been deemed worthy of joining the Allied Worlds. The Archbrine were known to be a peace loving form that were virtually indestructible since their race was built on complex matter. Their blue glowing skins earned them the nickname, Glow Skins.

-Year 2100
~~With the world taking their eyes of war amongst themselves and instead looking to the stars. A planet race sprouted from all countries determined to reach and colonize other planets before each other. This sparked several wars, but in the end all races that remained on Earth formed the Sol System Federation (SSF).

-Year 2112
~~Due to research and development in space at an all time low and acquired tech swarming in from various galactic forms, NASA shut it's doors claiming "Our Job is done."

-Year 3221
~~Human Space age had for a while been in full bloom. Mankind had become a dominant race and therefore a very honor bound race called the Klarmarhi (Klar) sought to challenge mankind and therefore began a campaign to eliminate the human race.

-Year 3312
~~Almost after a hundred years, the Klarmarhi ended their war with mankind moved their attention to the deeper, darker regions of the universe, a place that all races had named the "Outerverse" a place where stars had yet to root.

-Year 3319
~~After analysis of the stars in the known universe the Allied Worlds found that the universe was formed 23 billion years ago via the bing bang. As a means of universal date and time keeping, all space faring ships were equipped and trained to use Uni, a new time format that tracked the years the universe had existed rather than individual planetary dates. However, due to complexity reasons the format was simplified.

-Year 3671
~~The SSF had discovered lost tech on the Planet Mars. A weapon, a powerful cannon capable of annihilating entire star systems. The Archbrine immediately seized control and vowed to protect this weapon from all other races. This was very effective since the Archbrine could not be killed or destroyed unless they naturally aged to death.

-Year 4212
~~A shockwave from the Outerverse disrupted magnetic fields and matter across the entire universe. This disturbance caused the Archbrine to rapidly wither and overnight the species vanished, along with the weapon. Panic spread quickly and all races and colonies set out in a race across the universe to find the weapon. This led to great feuds and battles amongst the stars.

-Year 4213
~~Two new ships have been launched from Earth via SSF aerospace yards. The first ship, Envy, was to be piloted by Captain Vin Skyseer, renowned and well graduated captain from the SSF academy. With twenty years of piloting under his belt, he was sought as best candidate for captain of the new age ship. The second ship, Charity, was to be piloted by Captain Skyseer's apprentice. Their purpose was to be an elite pair of ships that would scour the galaxies across the universe in search of clues in finding the weapon. The ships were equipped with the latest in all tech. Due to a system to avoid madness among crew members, on board lodgings the size of small homes and mini marts were implemented in the center of the ship. Merchants and crew members were allowed to bring family seeing how this mission was expected to take many years.

Captain's Log 4213/April 11th/Uni 231

It has been six months since Envy and Charity left the SSF launch bays. It has been pretty quiet and little to no disturbance between crew members or their relatives. I fear that being in this sector of the galaxy and seeing not even a single SSF ship nor any outer colonized human ship for that matter is to be an omen. Are ships naturally avoiding this region of the galaxy or are they simply neglecting their duties to search here? I do hope it is the latter of the two.

Even more disturbing is the information we picked up from Orbital Ring X-234. Seems that Klar starships have been spotted moving into this region and causing trouble for colonized orbit rings and planets in the systems of this region.

Our first stop is to be Minerva, I only hope that we make it there with no waylay.

~Captain Skyseer

Welcome to Space Age Chronicles. A journey across the stars in search of a weapon that could spell disaster for all living creatures in the universe. You are a crew member of either Envy or Charity and you will play your role as such. The ships will encounter battlefields and ship V. Ship action while sometimes also exploring the exotic worlds of the universe encountering memorable events and even deathly situations.

I will play Captain Skyseer and one other character and someone else will play their own captain of the Charity. Times will come when the ships may split up in space and head to different worlds, so remember that choosing which ship you would like is also like determining the destiny of character.

This is not like a Star Wars, Star Trek, or Mass Effect parody in any way. In fact, the universe of this roleplay is totally different. Characters do not embrace shoot out situations armed with tiny remote sized lasers or light sabers. No, laser rifles and assault rifles and other weapons are full size, although extremely improved for mobility. Characters do not wear tight jumpsuits or whatever and instead are dressed to look almost like US Naval officers. Ground soldiers are equipped to look like super soldiers equipped the advanced tactical combat armor. It's a believable future we're going for. One where mankind retains its style. So with that said!

Let the Chronicles Begin!

Character Information

Name:

Weapons:
~~Concealed Weapons: These weapons are for situations that restrict just carrying massive guns into colonized areas.

~~Assault Weapons: Weapons you take with you on a battlefield.

Which Ship: Envy or Charity

Your character's role on the ship:

I.E.

Soldier, Helm, janitor, navigator, maintenance, etc. etc.

Character Appearance:

Character Biography:

Kris
05-01-2011, 06:53 AM
looking great :)

Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Xanthuss
05-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Name:
Joshua Thomas Viatrona

Weapons:
~~Concealed Weapons:
http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/250/draft_lens1592507module62221312photo_1255109331Ber ettaU22Neos.jpg
The K.K Pulsar is a prototype laser pistol, which fires highly concentrated laser blasts, many times more powerful than a normal laser pistol. One blast can kill a lightly-armoured human. The pistol is normally strapped to Joshua's ankle and it resembles something from the last century, but in reality it is one of the most advanced concealed weapons around today.http://cf.mp-cdn.net/93/b2/8e6145bc354b81c16adfb59b1cc6.jpg
The Wraith Daggers look like a short black stick with silver engravings, but they can be much more than that. They can be engaged via the push of the button, which will push out a razor sharp neo-titanium blade from one end. They can also be connected and disconnected, to make two daggers or one two bladed dagger.

~~Assault Weapons:
http://dmradford.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Assault_rifle_by_jimsvanberg.jpg
The Traitor Assaulter is a highly advanced laser 'machine gun', capable of firing 500 rounds a second. It is designed to be as light-weight as possible, and it contains a hyper-miniaturised micro-fusion reactor inside it, which produces ammo as long as the materiel to power the reactor is provided.

Which Ship: Envy or Charity
Charity.

Captain.

Character Appearance:
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/04/grfsallscreenshot1stlookhitechghost20-4122010-580px.jpg
Without armour Joshua stands 6'1ft tall, and has short cropped blonde hair. He has a muscular tanned body, and a celtic tattoo spirals across his torso and his right arm. When out of armour he wears army fatigue trousers, tight black t-shirts, and combat boots.

Character Biography:
Joshua was an abandoned as a baby, and was found on the steps of the U.S.A Black Op's HQ. The general in command took him in, and raised him. He was trained as a Black Op's Operative from the minute he could fire a gun. The General gave him the last name Viatrona, the Generals own last name, and he came to known him as his father. During this training nanobots were inserted in to his body, and they speed up his healing rate, and he can use them to strengthen one particular part of his body at will.

Eventually he was put out in the field, and he became one of the most used assassins, until such activities were outlawed. He was shifted to piloting training, and has trained extensively for the last ten years in piloting any type of ship known to exist. He was assigned Charity after years of extemporary work in the field, but no one knows his background. He battles with rage and the urge to kill occasionally, but he is otherwise stable in personality. He is friendly, charming, but secretive, and he has the knack of getting information out of you without revealing anything about himself.

\/Ģin
05-01-2011, 03:22 PM
I like your profile Antlers. I just wanted to make sure that you get it that the captain of Charity was apprentice to the captain of Envy. Is that ok?

Xanthuss
05-02-2011, 06:19 AM
That could work fine, during his ten years of training he could have met and become the apprentice of the captain of the envy.

\/Ģin
05-02-2011, 04:33 PM
It's not required or anything, I can edit that part out of the timeline if you would prefer. Either way matters not to me lol.

Xanthuss
05-03-2011, 03:05 AM
No, its fine :)

I hope some others join in :)

Heavensguard92
05-03-2011, 03:21 AM
I'll join in, always wanted to do some space action. I'll have a char sheet by the maximum end of the week

\/Ģin
05-03-2011, 05:06 AM
I'll join in, always wanted to do some space action. I'll have a char sheet by the maximum end of the week

Alright can't wait! :D

Snotgirl
05-03-2011, 03:17 PM
hmmmm...Why not? I'd like to be some kind of soldier so i'll see what i can draw up.

\/Ģin
05-03-2011, 06:59 PM
hmmmm...Why not? I'd like to be some kind of soldier so i'll see what i can draw up.

Nice, a crew needs its soldiers.

Heavensguard92
05-04-2011, 05:32 AM
Character Information

Name: Kura Unara (Fullname: Kenaru Fujimori Unara)

Weapons:
~~Concealed Weapons: These weapons are for situations that restrict just carrying massive guns into colonized areas.
Magsec4 Gauss Pistol (http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=magsec#/d3axd01)
A pair of metal knuckles hooked up to an under arm powersource for electrical discharge. Gotten use to the pain.

~~Assault Weapons: Weapons you take with you on a battlefield.
CEC Assault Rifle (http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=dead+space+assault+rifle#/d3azf04)
What do you expect, Hes a helmsman. He likes a fist fight over a gunfight.

Which Ship: Envy

Helmsman (Lets just say, Joker is one of my best inspirations)

Character Appearance:
This is his Informal Dress. (http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=kyon#/d11l0s3)
This is Kura when he's feeling like wearing his Academy Uniform. (Just its more blue) (http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=space+uniform#/dm4q4b)

Character Biography:
Kura Unara is not the prodigy. He is not the star student. He is not the guy that everyone says is a good guy. He is a deliquent and is proud of it. Having been enrolled(Much thanks to his father being a renowned admiral) into a high-grade SSF Naval Academy called Hiroshima Naval Academy. Being born 4188 and enrolling ahead of his age class. He was 17 when he was admitted(Under special reccomendations from his father) and had been causing ruckus ever since. Vandalism, sabotage, fighting, and many more to add to the list, Kura was known to do alot of things out of impulse. Even a special reccomendation had its limits, so they were just mere signatures away from discharging him; Alas fate has other plans. Kura was a natural at flight, he absorbed instructions and information like a sponge. His skills and knowledge even outdone simulations, though that was thanks to alittle technical private tutoring. While not well particularly liked within the Hiroshima SSF Academy, Kura continues to surprise his teachers and overseers at his selected skill. Bypassing ship limiters to increase speed at the cost of firepower or increase the strength of shields at the expense of non-critical power are only the start of his abilities behind the helm. When his graduation at the age of 20(He will always try to say 19) he was selected the helmsman of a ship known as the "Viranas". Trouble always seems to connect with Kura. At the age of 21, A siege of an outerworld of the SSF by Klar ships had called for immediate reinforcements, but no SSF naval ship was within the system.
The Hiroshima SSF graduates and cadets were encouraged to take up arms and head into combat. The battle was short, many cadets and graduates were killed. It was simply too early for them to take up combat on the fly. Kura and many other Hiroshima students survived on pure luck. Some achieved heroics like single-handedly shutting off a boarding party or jettisoned parts into a Klar starship engine. Kura was given a medal for expert evasions and manuevers that had kept the Viranas mostly unharmed. Most of the damage on the Viranas was friendly fire and the ship's engines were pushed far too hard. The whole ship was to be scraped and Kura was put on reserves like many others. For three to four years, He had been put on space stations and homeworld defense ships, each more boring than the last. He had started up fights and rejected superior orders, these were his only way to get out of his post. His father told him that his last chance was a new starship known as the Envy. "Kenaru....You have done many things that dishonor myself and the SSF....but you have also done dozens that have made this old man proud."

"The Envy and the Charity will be launching to explore the unknown. I do believe that chances are they will encounter hate and love. They will be welcomed and rejected. They shall see the beyond. So my son, Will you take this chance?"

"Fuck....Yes...Otou-sama"

(Well, Hopefully this accepted. I'm actually breaking from my normal with this character. I always like nice helpful guys more than the tough loners. Hopefully you like this Vein!)

\/Ģin
05-04-2011, 05:38 AM
At first I was in fear that this was coming from a hardcore Anime lover, which would be fine in most of my RPs lol, but the more I read into, the more I really got to like this character. So perhaps the loner guy is something you have a knack for. You're Accepted.

Heavensguard92
05-04-2011, 05:39 AM
*METSU SHORYUKEN TO THE CEILING* YAY!

\/Ģin
05-04-2011, 05:42 AM
lol, don't steer the ship into a planet and we'll be fine.

Heavensguard92
05-04-2011, 05:43 AM
Aye Aye Captain.......

\/Ģin
05-04-2011, 05:47 AM
Aye Aye Captain.......

I just hope we get more people soon. If not, I'll probably just start the RP and count all other positions as NPC. After the RP starts, all players may have a 2nd character.

Xanthuss
05-04-2011, 06:40 AM
I had the same impression, that it was very Anime themed, until I finished reading, and I must say I love your character Heaven :)

Heavensguard92
05-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Yay!

\/Ģin
05-05-2011, 04:27 AM
This is not a bump, I swear. I just saw this err...quarter and was like oh! I gotta talk about the quarter, but then I spended it on a cookie.

Heavensguard92
05-07-2011, 03:59 AM
Sadness, is no one joining......You guys make angels cry....

Xanthuss
05-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Aww... Poor angels.

\/Ģin
05-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Well it's like this, if no one joins in by Friday. We're going on without them.

Xanthuss
05-08-2011, 10:42 AM
And by then there will be no more Angel's, as they will have drowned themselves in tears. So for Angel's sake, JOIN! XD

infernai
05-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Ok ok fine, I'll join in...sheesh. Which ship needs a head of security? ^^

Xanthuss
05-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Both I believe.

Higurashi
05-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Name: Achibold Saxwell

Weapons:
~~Concealed Weapons: http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk234/Dee390/plasmaPistol01.jpghttp://coreldraw.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/675x550/__key/CommunityServer.Components.PostAttachments/00.00.07.07.82/GalacticaLaserPistol.jpg
~~Assault Weapons: http://www.fallingpixel.com/products/758/mains/preview_Gun01.jpg http://newhavenchronicles.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/halo-gun.png?w=592

Your character's role on the ship: Soldeir/ First Mate

Character Appearance: http://www.playstationvsxbox.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Ghost-Recon-Future-Soldier-playstationvsxbox.jpg http://newsitem.com/polopoly_fs/1.923471!/image/934667051.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/934667051.jpg

Character Biography: Archibold was born into a wealthy family on Earth. Since Earth had become a planet nation, he only experienced one culture. Despite being born into wealth, Archy tried his best to get dirty. He was always hanging out with the wrong crowd. One day, this all came to a head. When Archy was hanging out with his friends, police suddenly broke down the door.

The entire group was taken in custody. Archy's parents, enraged, sent him to military officer's school. Archy, once disciplined, became a model officer and soldier. He excelled in the area of Space. When the opprotunity came, he went on his first voyage as second mate of a cruise liner. The flight was a colorful succes, and Archy went up the ladder so too speak. Finally, Archy has been promoted to First Mate on the ship Envy.

Heavensguard92
05-08-2011, 02:52 PM
And the tears have been stopped. momentarily

infernai
05-09-2011, 12:37 AM
(Looks like Charity needs a few more people on it)

Name: David Plissken

Weapons:
~~Concealed Weapons:
Heckler and Koch SOCOM Mk.75
http://naijablue.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/props-july-09-sale-stuff-001-300x206.jpg

Vibroknife:
http://images.wikia.com/metalgear/images/b/b7/Stun_knife.jpg
~~Assault Weapons:

F.H.H.A.C (Foxhound Heavy Assault Carbine) aka. "The Peacemaker"
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/016/7/7/futuristic_assault_carbine_by_smirnova07-d37bsxb.jpg

Varian Sub Machine Gun
http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/thumb/0/0c/RugerMP9smg.jpg/400px-RugerMP9smg.jpg

Which Ship: Charity

Your character's role on the ship: Head of Security

Character Appearance:
Out of armorhttp://thesnakesoup.org/articles/mpwmpo/salute.gif

In Armor: http://www.2dayblog.com/images/2007/january/future_warrior.jpg
Character Biography: Born into a Military Family, David was constantly under pressure from his father to get into the military and live up to the family name. All of them had risen to atleast the rank of Lieutenant during their tentures, causing David to be rather competative with all around him.

While he graduated high-school, it was not to the high standards of his family who quickly disowned him for having 'failed' in their eyes. Disheartened, David Joined the Military and found himself fitting in rather quickly and did all he could to achieve as well as he could in Military Life: Hand-to-hand combat, survival, and even shooting were all area's David strove to be 'perfect' in. He was no longer caring about making his family proud, but rather showing them that they were wrong about him. On his first mission though, storming a terrorist compound, David rushed in a bit to quickly and nearly jeopardized the mission. While he did fight well and the mission was able to be completed, David was stabbed in the eye during a scuffle with one of terrorists and was chastized by his superiors for being so reckless.

David soon found himself under the wing of Commander Gareth, who taught David not only better techniques but also, more importantly, how to operate in a squad and instilled in him the motto of "Protect your squad as if they were your brothers". His previous failure and brash nature was replaced with successes which overshadowed his past, and eventually found himself promoted to Commander. Because of his profficiency with leadership and acting well in a group, he was selected to be the Head of Security of the ship Charity, which he has performed to the best of his ability.

\/Ģin
05-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Epic profiles guys. Sorry about the lateness, I've been swamped since Wednesday, but finally some free time :D. I'm off tomorrow/today (w/e) and I'll prob go ahead and get the IC up since we have 4 people. It would be nice to have more, but meh. I think this will do, we'll still accept profiles thought.

Infernai & H you're both accepted. H you may have either of the positions you've applied or both, it's up to you.

\/Ģin
05-12-2011, 05:46 AM
Friday right around the corner

\/Ģin
05-14-2011, 01:44 AM
Name: Captain Vin Skyseer

Weapons:
~~Concealed Weapons: Standard 3rd Gen Military Issued 9mm Particle Accelerated Handgun. A miniature collider fires particles through an average 9mm round that initiates a collision of particles upon impact. Basically causing a miner explosive reaction with each shot.

~~Assault Weapons: Rapid Fire Plasma Rifle. Built around the same design as the M16, the RFP uses plasma coils to fire rapid neon blue rounds.

Your character's role on the ship: Captain

Character Appearance: Short dark hair, clean shavin visage. Average really.

Acedynamite
05-14-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm definitely going to join this.. It might take me a while to get up my profile (or not). But hopefully it'll be up by Monday night at the latest. Keep an eye out, it'll be up soon.
This reminds me a lot of Battlestar Galactica ^_^ That makes me really excited. I'm a real big dork about Battlestar Galactica, its an awesome show. =)

Higurashi
05-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Hurry up!

\/Ģin
05-15-2011, 03:31 PM
IC is up, short first post. I will make a bigger post next time seeing how right now I cant think of anything.

Heavensguard92
05-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Hmm, not much on my post...... oh well

John
05-17-2011, 06:47 PM
This RP has been featured as one of our Roleplays of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/site.php)

Higurashi
05-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Yay!

Merry
05-18-2011, 01:50 AM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/rpa/withfilter2-1.jpg

\/Ģin
05-23-2011, 02:17 AM
Epic. My post tomorrow.