PDA

View Full Version : ღ The Wolf and the Maiden ღ

Winter
12-04-2009, 01:24 AM
The Wolf and The Maiden
_______________ღ_______________ღ_______________ღ__ _____________

There are some who have seen the DarkWorld, in all its perilous glory. Some have said it is a beautiful world whereby dreams come true, and all you wish shall turn to gold... I say they are fools. As insane as the world of which they speak. This DarkWorld is the stuff of nightmares, a place where nothing is as it seems and something simple can be deadly. This letter I send to you, the last of the Dark Order. You who have protected our boundary. You who held power in your grasp. I ask of you to take up sword and spell once more, to protect the human world from invasion of darkness. Do not allow the Underlying War to cross over. Do not allow the Marcae to succeed. Find the fellow warriors, train them, and take up your weapons against him. Do not allow the Maiden to fall into his possession, else all is lost. I entrust to you to find the warriors needed to assist you. Do not fail me. In all honor we trust.
Lord Sakaiah R. Detetrius
3rd Order or the Rune
Mage Master

The news had come in quick, the Mage Master to the King of Dark World was dead. He had been found in his chamber, murdered, with no reason as to why. A great power had been gathering in the east, a King and Emperor creating the new title of ‘Marcae’ to honour himself with. Some rumoured that it was his spies and assassins that had done away with the Lord Detetrius. But noone could say for sure.

A letter addressed to the last of the DarkOrder, a mystical man, known by title as ‘Wolf’ was sent earlier that night, the killer was not able to obtain it. The recipient was a man unable to be found lest he wish it. A Man who by right was the Lord of DarkWorld, but not had he taken his throne, for wish of his lost love to return to him. There were many a time when once he served his realm, and his Lady, but since her death he had hidden, allowing mortal men to rule in his stead.

Times had changed, long years have passed since the need for the Dark Order. But those times have come again, the Maiden is to be re-born into this world, and all that the residents of DarkWorld hold dear are poised to lose it all to this ‘Marcae.’ The letter shall in hope be received by the Wold, and one can only hope he shall come to the aid of those who need him most.

For more info of to apply: The OOC THREAD (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1400)

Winter
12-04-2009, 01:34 AM
~Kaia Traven~

Username: Winter

Name: Kaia Traven

Role: Maiden

Sexuality: Bisexual

Physical Description: Kaia stands at a slight 5’ 2” she is slim of build, yet with noticeable curves in her hips and breasts. She is pale in complexion, soft smooth skin, silky satin hair and always a kind smile graces her lips. She has enchanting doe eyes, of a crystalline blue hue, when she looks upon you it is said she can look into your very soul. She has a calming and sweet nature, being around her can calm even the most violent temper.

History: Kaia was born in London to Elizabeth and Syrus Traven. She was always a bright and happy child, brining joy to anyone she smiled at. People had said there was magic in her eyes, like she was blessed by the fairies when she was born. Her parents were most proud, they spoiled her but Kaia never went rotten, she grew to be a beautiful, charming and sweet young woman. She volunteered at the local salvation army and disadvantaged homes, she works on art and painting when not volunteering or working with her mother or doing her homework for a online course or seeing her friends. It’s a busy life, but she enjoys it thoroughly. Her ambition is to one day go out and see the world, she wants to travel and have adventures.

Personality: A sweet and sensitive girl, Kaia wants to help as many as she can, she’s adventurous and helpful, “a genuine gem.” As the neighbour Mr. Maxwell calls her. She is thirsty for more information, always willing to learn and can often be found in possession of a book. She also enjoys investigating and exploring. She is ready for an adventure. As much as she enjoys her life, she would love for something to happen.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc74/Axika_5526/KaiaTraven.jpg

It was nearly midnight, all the houses on the street were dark and soundless, all the occupants sleeping wearily until the following morning when they would wake to a beautiful morning and their day's would begin.
However, there was one interruption to solid silence and darkness, a light, like a glittering beacon of sleepless night. It shone harshly out the top bedroom window, glaringly obvious to the woods behind the house. Where within a single shadow, sultry and seductive moved in an unnamed dance of the night. The image presented was that of a young woman. Lusciously curvaceous and bountiful in her form, she stood, changing from her slightly damp towel to a fresh pair of pajamas after a long hot shower, her soft smooth and now clean body radiated steam from the hot water she had just left. Quickly replacing the clothing she needed to keep the warmth to her skin before the cool air kissed her delicate flesh. Upon dressing and donning her fuzzy slippers she smiled to herself at how she was still fairly warm. Taking up her white towel the moved it to hang over a chair to dry.
After doing so she returned to the task at hand, what she'd been doing before the need to be clean had taken her. She moved to her bed where there was little else to distract her now as she looked disdainfully at the pile of paper work that sat before her. There was still much she had to sort through. And many forms she had to fill out. She sighed, wishing that there was some other alternative to the papers before her. But she was out of luck... there was noone else to do her homework for her. Sighing again, she took up her pen and got to it. After all, there was nothing left to distract her. She idled away the hours and made surprisingly fast progress before sleep invaded her mind and let her dwell in a soft place, made of clouds.

She'd visited this place before, there were always flowers when she looked around, in the field of white clouds, sunshine and brightly coloured flowers. On this occasion she found herself by a path, and since it followed out to the distance she chose to follow it where ever it led. After some time she noticed the neat brick work was becoming more like stepping stones. And there was a river before her. The path twisted off two different ways, one seemed to go back to the field. Though hadn't she just been there? She had seen the field too many times and had grown bored. The other pathway veered sharply to the right and down some stone stairs. It was a great deal darker than the first path. She decides it looked far more interesting and jumped the river stones to the dark path.
Suddenly she realized the pathway, though a few feet away moments ago, had become several stories down. She was falling at great speed toward a cracked and broken stone path. A scream was in order but none came to her. She was not as paralyzingly frightened as she would have expected her to be. Seconds later she hit the ground with an incredible THUD and lay winded for a moment. Looking down at herself and sitting up she discovered herself to be not only fine but wearing a white dress, slightly graying but intricately detailed and the corset she not had on certainly made her... assets (ahem) seem rather above average. Picking herself up she headed further down the path, not seeing any sign of the river she'd once passed.
Further ahead was a garden, looking old and abandoned, like something out of the 1700's she looked at the beautiful statues and the wonderful fountain. sadly now dried and the place overrun by over growth. She began to wonder who lived there, and, turning to her right she noticed a massive house, like an old mansion she'd only read about or seen on television. From what she could see it gave no sign of occupants or any other form of life. A rustling broke her concentration, and she looked ahead, there were trees and what appeared to be something shining behind the leaves of the massive weeping willow tree. She walked toward it, but it did not see to get any nearer. She quickened her pace but did not seem to get any closer at all. Finally she broke into a run and reached out. Just as she reached close enough to touch the tree.... The world went black.

Kaia Traven sat up in her bed gasping for air. She looked down at the papers before her... Her homework was almost done... then she'd fallen asleep.
Oh bugger." She muttered, knowing after that disturbing dream sleeping would now be rather uneasy. Damn school work.

StormWolf
12-04-2009, 06:39 AM
The cold, dark night covered the city of london in a blanket of darkness. The bleak blackness wrapping cadaverous arms around the old city like a lover, her cold fingers sinking in to every weakness of the city, chilling it to the bone. In the solemn black, one shining beacon shone over the sleeping city. To the man watching atop a roof of one of the tall buildings in that forest of stone, it was a lighthouse, he being the vessel lost in a storm. Ever since she died last time, he had been lost. All those countless years, he had been drowning in heartbroken remorse, sadness, and bitter hatred. He was the Wolf. He was the last of his order, immortal and powerful, but his greatest power was taken from him by Death. Now she had returned, or so it had been said in the letter he held close to his heart, reading it at the end of every day, keeping him going.

Brennus Aybara, known as the Wolf in his homeland, the DarkWorld. His amber eyes watched this woman, who looked so much like his beloved Maiden, lay herself down on her bed and slumber. Her dreams passed the Viel that separated the DarkWorld from the Real World. He could feel her presence, even when in this state. She was the one, she had to be. No one else looked so much like his love. So many years had he laid stretched on her grave, praying that Death would unite them. Each prayer was answered, and that answer was "no."

He sighed, his breath a cloud of mist as it escaped his lips. She was all he wanted, she was worth more to him than anything.

"With God as my witness, I need you more now than ever, my love... our kingdom needs you..."

Brennus stood there, watching and waiting, the moon moving across the sky, setting past the horizon and the twilight following soon after. He never moved from his perch, a dark, watchful protector. An Angel in the Dark, a Wolf watching over his mate from afar.

Cheshire
12-04-2009, 01:30 PM
(Brief OOC Note: Considering this is my first evar post on the forums here, lemme know if I should correct anything >> Also... it may be a bit much, but I wanted to get the hang of the character's personality XD)

-----------------------------
-Meanwhile, in the personal study of Lady Cheshire-

Cheshire was staring intently into a book, with a look of deathly seriousness on her face. Line after line, she read, occasionally flipping a page. The lettering on the spine of large text revealed the name of the book to be "On This World and the Next". It was a relatively obscure book, that had been mocked and laughed at by most of the scholars, yet it had always had a home in Lord Detetrius's personal library, and when he had passed, he had bequeathed it unto her.

At first Cheshire was confused and surprised, she had often seen the book in his library, but she had assumed he was merely keeping up to date on all the theories. But she knew enough of him, and of his view of herself, to know that he would not have left her something of such little worth unless he wanted her to read it. Adding to that were signs that this book had both been well read, and was littered with little notations and side-notes, scribbled in the gaps by Lord Detetrius. The question was why... There were things that he had said to her as well... things that at the time had perplexed her, she wasn't sure of any of it... but she couldn't help but feel that the answer was in this book. Her thoughts were in interrupted by a girl walking into her study, one of the apprentices, carrying a stack of books, which she placed carefully on Cheshire's desk, next to a number of other similar piles.

"Here you go, Lady Cheshire, the books you requested..." the young girl spoke, looking a bit hesitant and unsure. Cheshire picked up on this, smiling up a bit.

"Yes, is there something else you needed?" she asked, in a friendly tone, to which the young girl just blushed a bit.

"U-um... Lady Cheshire, you've been spending a lot of time in here and... you need to go out and have fun a bit... it's... just that some of us are worried that you're going to waste away spending all your time in here, you haven't even requested any food..."

Cheshire smiled and stood from her seat for a moment, "I am fine, don't worry so much, you'll get wrinkles on your pretty face, and your lovely hair will gray up." she responded, smiling, "I have a lot of work to do, so I have no time for fun right now... however, if you'd like, go to the kitchen have the cook make something up, and you may stay to keep me company, as well as help me out."

The girl now blushed bright red, having heard all the rumors and tales of both the woman's... persuasion, and flirtatious nature, but simply responded, "Ah... Lady Cheshire, I'm not quite sure how I could be of assistance to you..."

Cheshire merely giggled and smiled, "These are a lot of books, at the very least you could help me find a book when I need it... besides, I can't deny you're right... I'll go stir crazy if I keep cooped up in this study all alone much longer, it would be nice to have another face to keep me company, especially such a pretty one."

The girl nodded and smiled, still beet red, "Ah... yes, my lady... " she bowed slightly and turned to the exit, heading off to the kitchen.

Cheshire sighed, "Lord Detetrius... what are you trying to tell me..."

GraftRaven
12-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Mordecai stood on the edge of a rooftop overlooking a crowded market, an archer lay beside him clearly dead and leaking blood onto the thatching. Where was that man, always late... but never this late before. A crow flew up from a secluded corner on the opposite side of the market. Mordecai dropped to the street below, landing heavily and causing a few people some alarm, and then slipped through the crowd with a practiced precision.

Upon reaching the secluded spot Mordecai found a man in a black cloak. "What news?" He said, rather impatiently. The man replied in a flat tone "There is a man, regarded as a fool by most, who speaks that soon is the time for a new age, the prophesied age of peace."

"You say this man is a fool, why do you bother with his ramblings?"

"Why? Because i saw him put out a fire with water acquired through thin air! You know that those with magic sometimes see the future!"

"Is there anything else? Anything more tangible?

"There is another man, a very large man, who came through here not long ago rumors are circulating that he is the Wolf, the one who will bring back the maiden."

Mordecai put two and two together for a second, then questioned the answer. "Then it is true what they say, still there is little to do until he returns and the Marcae marches on him to retrieve the maiden for himself." He looked around, then turned back to the cloaked man. "Speak of this to no one else and return here every day to report of other news."

Mordecai then turned and walked off, disappearing into the crowd before exiting the market and heading off to his home in the woods outside of the city.

Winter
12-05-2009, 04:49 AM

Kaia arrived home from work that day tired, and worn. Not from any battle or great feat, not in the comparisons of things anyway. But from the countless drama's of work and home life. It all seemed so mundane. He said this, she said that. No she didn't, well that's what he heard, well that's not what she said!
Kaia sighed, it went on and on. She liked her job well enough, she helped her mother at the hairdresser. Lord knows the drama that went on there... But at least she could now relax.

She headed into her room and sighed to herself. She took a seat at her desk, looking over the text book she had to study. She didn't want to, granted she'd chosen to do the out of work study, but she was tired... She bit her lower lip, a cute habit of hers, she looked at the bed. Surely... surely a nap wouldn't hurt. Right?

The field, there it was again. As always the field… Plain. Nothing remarkable about it whatsoever. A sound. Wind through trees… Trees? She looked up, before her stood a dark forest. A twisting path lay within. What was there?
Knowing she’d be best to stay put. Knowing that there was probably danger ahead. Knowing this… She went forward.
Through the woods the twisting winding trail led, through the dark branches that clawed at her flesh. But something called. It called to her within her very soul. The sound of the wind grew louder, the sounds of the forest, the cracking of twigs, the howl of a wolf reached her ears. The noise! The sound all around her drowning her mind when-
Silence.
She opened her eyes and looked around. A clearing. The dense harsh frightening forest was gone. And now before her stood an archway. A plain simple archway, surrounded by rocks, it appeared to have carvings of runes and old symbols on it, like there had been a great magic there. Beyond the archway was a waterfall, leading to the small river by it. The stone was covered in moss it seemed to have been there for an age. But as she approached, she looked through the gateway, she could see something else. Images… people!! A man in a hood, another in fur... and a woman with.. purple hair!
Kaia approached the gate hurriedly, looking into the gateway, looking at the three as they glanced back at her... Kaia reached out as the girls looked back,
“Help me!” Kaia cried, a sudden wind picked up, her green dress (http://m00nlight-rain.deviantart.com/art/Princess-is-a-River-Elizebeta-70739870) looked royal, as though Kaia were a princess, she reached down to the girls, just out of her reach, “I'm trapped and I cannot escape! Help me!!” She did not know how these words made their way to her lips, but these are the words she knew she must speak…
After a few moments, the group vanished from sight. Gone in the clouds of white mist. Kaia leaned forward to reach them but fell through. Yet she did not meet with sharp rocks, no. She fell through the mist and cloud, the white Gaussian curtains… Curtains?

Kaia sat up gasping, her hand to her chest in pain. Her head spun, and her knees were weak, she looked up, sure enough there were white curtains just metres from her. They were her curtains... She's fallen asleep on her desk... Again with these odd dreams... What did they mean? What was the message within them? Who were those people? She groaned and got up, she would go visit her friend Bene.... She always had answers...

StormWolf
12-08-2009, 04:02 AM
When the sun shone over the buildings of London, Brennus retreated to a dark alley, huddling next to a dumpster and closing his eyes. The Wolf does not Dream, but he can leave his body when he sleeps. Brennus was not a creture of this world anyway, so when he left his body in his sleep, he crossed the boundry. All went black, then the world became a smear of rushing colors as he passed through the Boundry, the world seemed to be moving around him.

He appeared in a dark forest, his domain at the fringe of the border, a place feared by all of the Maracae's men. Bones riddled the black soil beneath the foiliage, the poor souls who thought the immortal guardian of the Boundry could be felled by mere self-proclaimed legends. Brennus knew people worthy of legend, long dead. He looked down at himself, black furred forelegs tight with muscle. He was in his true Wolf form now, sometimes legends were true. In this case, his was.

He wandered the forest, a song stuck in his head from his time in the Real World. It was from a show he saw on stage, about a man in a white mask and his love for a woman in the Opera. He could relate, being alone for so long in the darkness by a sick twist of fate. Having to watch your beloved from afar.

The Wolf had lost track of time, the day waning into night. He smelled a new scent here, one he had not smelt in some time. It smelled like her. He pointed his nose to the large full moon and let a song escape his lips, a beautiful howl filled with emotion.

There she was, a beautiful woman in a royal green dress that only benifieted her beauty. Golden eyes watched her as she peered through a wraught iron gate, he saw himself beyond that gate. No, not himself, but a manikin, a conjuration of the Maiden. She was having viewings during her dreams, slipping partly into the DarkWorld as he did when he used to dream, or thought he drempt.

His mirror image turned to look at her, reacting as he would when she cried for help. His manikin, which he assumed was a remnant of her memories. The version of him that she saw did not have the pale scar on his face, that happened the night she died. She never saw it.

Suddenly, Brennus was nudged awake. He snorted and retaliated, grabbing whatever was prodding him. Looking up, the Wolf saw a man in a blue uniform, their hands sharing a black wood baton.

"You can't be sleepin' in here, lad. Get a move on." The lawman said, wrenching the baton from Brennus' grip, but only because he allowed it. He stood and looked down at the police officer, glaring with his eerie eyes before walking on.

He spent the night like the last one, watching her apartment, his eyes, nose, and ears keen for anything that remotely appeared to be one of the Maracae's men. The night went just as slow, that song still stuck in his head.

The next day, he scouted the city of London, never straying far from her. He watched her like a hawk and kept his hands in his jacket pockets, his powerful fists holding a push-dagger. The day had gone as quickly as it came, the sun seeming to fly overhead. He had been watching the birds fly overhead for some time. He turned to take the subtle route back to his perch when he bumped into someone.

His reflexes being sharper than a razor, he grabbed whomever he ran in to, keeping her from being knocked flat.

"I'm sorry, miss. I should have...." he looked into the eyes of the person he had run in to. Her eyes piercing into his very heart and soul. It was her. The Maiden. His very words evaporated in his mouth, his throat dry as sand as he looked into her bedazzling eyes, becoming lost in those saphire pools of light and life. His mouth moved, but no noise was made.

GraftRaven
12-13-2009, 05:42 AM
"You're sure he hasn't passed through again?"

"Quite sure... i can't find rumor of him anywhere else either, its like he dropped off the face of the planet."

"You might not be far from the truth."

"And what do you mean by that?"

"Only that there is another place he could be... be off with you, and be sure not to be late tomorrow, i grow tired of your tardiness." Mordecai clambered over a small wall and dropped to the alley on the other side. As he walked he contemplated what he had meant by saying that. Yes, the place he had glimpsed through the gate, the world of iron and stone with giant multicolored bugs moving along black pathways. Was it possible for someone to actually travel there? or was this a fabrication of his own mind?

That night an even stranger dream: a woman, hauntingly beautiful, knelt before him, crying for help and the man he had been seeking stood next to himself, yet also just beyond a gateway. Mordecai blinked, then opened his eyes on the inside of his own cabin. He sat up on the side of his bed, holding his face in his hands... what did it all mean... no matter, he would think about it while he walked to the city. Mordecai began to prepare to make the two mile trek into the city.

Winter
12-18-2009, 03:24 AM

Kaia hurried downstairs from her family's apartment, she had to go down to visit her friend, Bene. Bene's mother was a bit of a mystic, she was from Africa, and was in touch with the mysterious power from the place known as the dark continent. Kaia was never sure why it was referred to as such... But Bene and her mother always seemed to have a sixth sense about most things.

The buildings were all crammed together, Kaia knew that the living arrangement in the city was only temporary, and that soon they'd be moving to the country... but even living here she felt closed in, cut off from something... She didn't know what she felt really, it was confusing, she wasn't sure what she was missing... but it had to be something. Nature she suspected, because she seemed to feel relieved whenever she visited the local park or a botanical garden. It seemed to have so much fresh air. She wasn't sure what is was, but Bene's mother called her a free nature spirit, but it never made all that much sense to her...

She wanted to get there quickly, to catch Bene before she headed out to the gym. The dream was really bothering her... The sun was close to setting and the evening breeze was starting to kick in, it caught her long raven hair in front of her face and as luck would have it she managed to run into someone just at that moment...
She stumbled back but felt a pair of hands steady her just as she moved her hair back from her face,

"I'm sorry, miss. I should have...." he started, but paused as she met his gaze, she was stunned too, he looked so... familiar. There was something about his face... Did she know him from somewhere? After a few moments she snapped herself out of it, and stepped back,
"Oh, I'm really sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going... Are you okay?" she asked, she blushed a little as she looked at the young man, he certainly was handsome... The nagging feeling just wouldn't leave her...

StormWolf
12-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Brennus' throat felt like it was coated in sawdust. He wetted his throat several times before even trying to speak. When he finally got his ability to speak back, he spoke in a very reserved manner.

"I'm.... I'm fine, my lo - lady." he caught himself. He had seen how paranoid these modern day women were. "I have been subject to far worse over my life..." he unconciously scratched the scar on his face. He wanted to tell her the truth so badly, but would she ever believe him without before seeing the proof? Before returning to where she belonged and got reunited with her lost memories, or whatever remained of them?

"By the Lord, you are even more beautiful than I remember...." he said quietly. He failed to catch himself this time. All he could do was hope that she didn't hear him, no matter how much he wanted her to.

He cleared his throat, "Ahem... Is there... anything I can help you with, madame?" he tried to cover up his previous slip up with a feeble attempt at idol conversation and chivalry.

Winter
01-11-2010, 06:03 AM

Kaia looked at the young man curiously as she swept her long hair out of her eyes, it was starting to get dreadfully cold, she hugged herself tighter. She felt bad for running into this young man, and the cold wind rushing in her ears made her miss his little slip of the tongue.
She blushed slightly when he called her 'madame', she held out her hand,
"My name is Kaia." she stated, "I'm really sorry I bumped into you, That's really sweet of you to offer... I'm on my way to see my friend.... It might sound strange but I have to talk to her about these weird dreams I've been having..." she didn't know why she chose to tell him this, but she trusted him somehow, although he were a complete stranger! She felt slightly torn... Should she stay and talk to Bene later? Or should she leave and find her friend now? She bit her lower lip, a habit she got when she was nervous. She wasn't sure what she should do...

The sun was almost completely hidden, and the lamp lights on the streets were switched on, she looked up at them; their light was strong, unlike the old days when candles would have illuminated the night, no longer did the lights flicker in the harsh air, but they shone stronger and brighter than ever before. Kaia liked the snow, it was due any day now, the white flakes of ice would float down from the sky and cover the world in a cool white virgin blanket. There was something so calming about it... It made her feel less anxious, to think of the snow. She looked back at the young man and smiled, "You could... walk with me if you want?"

StormWolf
01-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Brennus saw Kaia's reaction to the weather, how the cold sank into her flesh and seeped a chill into her bones. Without really thinking, he removed his sturdy leather jacket and offered it to her. His body seemingly unaffected by the cold; not a single goosebump on those muscular arms.

"Sharing troubled dreams with a friend is perfectly normal. I too have disturbing dreams from time to time. But you cannot be catching cold in this weather. I will not allow it." he smiled warmly, gently placing the heavy jacket over her shoulders, the inside of the jacket still warm from his body. He started walking with her, just letting his eyes drink in her beauty. It had been so long since she graced his senses. If it were not for the cold air, he would have thought himself in a blissful dream.

"If you wish my company, I will gladly oblidge, milady." he grinned as they traversed the sidewalk in London. His mind brought him back to another time and place in the DarkWorld. One of the days he remembered fondly; courting his Maiden, walking with her in his forest, hand in hand. Hers so soft in his rough warrior's hands. That moment in the rising dusk when they shared their first kiss. When he confessed his love for her and took an Oath to love her and only her. When he proposed....When they made love... When she died....

The last memory almost summoned tears. All the memories were tying together, it was like watching someone elses life flash before his eyes. His gaze fell to one of Kaia's soft and feminine hands. He wanted to hold her hand in his no badly, wanted to feel her warmth more than life itself.

'Fate is fluid, love is eternal.' Brennus remembered a saying from his late mentor. It was funny, he knew all of the man's wise words, but he could not recall a face. With a breath of apprehension, Brennus gingerly wrapped his hand around hers.

Love is eternal. Love is eternal. Love is eternal.... Light, please remember something.

Winter
01-18-2010, 02:49 AM

The young woman blushed as his warm hand wrapped the coat around her shoulders, something nagged at her as she looked at him. What was it? There had to be something.... Something she was missing; Kaia believed that things happened for a reason, and she felt there was a reason for having met this young man.
She was amazed to see he was not cold, in fact he seemed quite calm and happy in the chilled air.

They walked slowly, not in the brisk pace she had began her journey with, she wanted to make the short time in his company lengthen, after a few moments she looked at her watch, twenty minutes had passed!
"Oh! I'm so sorry, I haven't kept you from anything have I?" she asked apologetically. "I seem to get distracted rather easily..." She paused. Surely she had said this before.... To him... but it couldn't be.... She'd only just met him... "Whoa... deja vu.... I.... I didn't just say that did I?" she asked, unknown to her, she had said the exact same thing on their first meeting many many years ago. She frowned as she looked back at him, "I must seem insane... but you look so familiar..."

At that moment, a loud honking sound interrupted them; Kaia turned a car had slipped on the ice after taking a corner to harshly. Kaia gasped, around the car was a strange moving shape, like it was a mirage... But what was it? Not steam surely.... It almost looked like something else was there... Suddenly a head shot forth from the 'car' it was that of a monster! A great beast!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ss2bI8n9Nw8/SEmH1RPhWDI/AAAAAAAABWk/MNRhukOqj_c/s320/summons-ifrit1.jpg
And It's eyes locked onto the two of them! Noone else seemed to see it, they kept walking as though nothing was happening, not 100 metres from them the car visage disappeared and an explosion of fire shot out of where it was, a moment later, the great beast was revealed, two great horns protruded from it's head, it's fur was black and red, long claws extended from hands and arms and a body that was human like, except it ran on all fours, the great yellow eyes staring in their direction, Kaia was frozen in place.
"WOOOOLF!!!!" It roared, "YOU WILL DIE BY MY HAND!! BY ORDER OF THE MARCAE!!"

StormWolf
01-18-2010, 06:49 AM
The Wolf could only smile as Kaia started fumbling over her own words. Death and rebirth had not changed her a bit. Brennus just stood there patiently, a calm and wise smile upon his face, the pale scar on his cheek complimenting his smile in a way.

"Do not worry, my dearest. There is much I have to explain. It is my turn to sound mad, please do not be frightened. We have met before.... in some other-" the screeching of tires and the smell of fire cut Brennus short. His eyes became sharp and serious, the eyes of a soldier with countless Ages of expertise on his belt. Those eyes of cutting blue heated and became yellow and fiery as molten gold. The Wolf snarled as the world seemed to become surreal.

"Kaia, stay behind me!" Brennus barked as he stepped between her and the beast. The Wolf's muscular perfection tensed, every tendon and sinew prepared to fight to the very last breathe to keep her safe. If he had The Fang, he would be able to dispatch the beast easily, but he was too far from the Border to summon his mighty blade. If the fight became dire, he would have to take Kaia and withdraw closer to the Border so that he could summon The Fang and dispatch the monster.

"Begone, slave of darkness, while you still have a life and soul to cherish."

Winter
01-25-2010, 03:05 PM

Kaia was frozen in place, she couldn't move nor speak, Brennan spoke to the beast as he stood before her. Blood drained from her hands and face, drawing to her legs, readying to run. She watched the beast as it raised a hand over them, readying to bring it down and crush the life out of their little fragile bodies. Suddenly a white light shot out of her chest, Kaia felt it swarm over her, like a protective guardian, a manifestation of her powers. The beasts eyes widened as it's hand shook, seemingly it could not move.
"WOMAN!!!" It cried, "YOU ARE THE MAIDEN OF THE PROPHECY!!! YOU MUST BE DESTROYED!!"
"Oh god..." She whispered.
Kaia's legs reacted before her mind did, and before she knew it she was in motion, moving faster than she could ever remember doing so before. The streets surrounding her were just a blur of spots of light and cold air. She wasn't even sure her feet were touching the cold white ground beneath her feet. She was certain that she could hear Brennan's voice behind her, shouting for her but she wasn't sure. If he was telling her to stop she couldn't. She had forgotten how to in her sudden moment of Chaotic panic. There was a pounding behind her and the sound of screeching tyres. The beast chased them, having a harder time maneuvering in the tight corners and narrow roads of the city streets. She couldn't stop no matter how hard she tried. But she could feel the sting in her heart.... This was the night she was going to die....

Shani
01-30-2010, 05:32 AM
Nothing to new around her home in the dark realm. Not long after her father summoned the creature, Beatrice decided to follow him. Instead of walking she decided that she would streach her wings instead of her legs. Let's see if this beast is intelligent, and completes his mission. Beatrice thought. Many of the monsters that he normally brought forth weren't very bright. She wanted to see if this one was different if not she would get a good laugh. "Brother dear where far art thou? I miss you so much." she whispered. When they they arrived to where ever they were going, she perched herself on a roof top so still she looked like a gargoial. Then she realized the man down belowThe Wolf! She thought, she has a slight fear of him but will never admitt it. Beatrice has always had a small meaningless fasination with the Wolf, will never show it. Who is the girl? she questioned. She saw the bright White light come from her. " The prophecy, so it is true" gasped Beatrice. She saw the look in the Maidian's eyes, and gave a slight smile. Three, two, one. she counted in her head then after one the girl was off. Maybe I should follow her she thought a moment and leaped from the building. She chuckled a little, "I always love a chase."