PDA

View Full Version : Psionics and Telepathy

Xanthuss
05-12-2011, 03:25 AM
I know K and myself would both like Psionic's and Telepathy to be possible in this world, and Sigma as displayed interested in doing such a thing, so we need to lay some guidelines down. Someone suggested that we have types of telepathy. Namely Species Specific telepathy, and All-Species telepathy.

Species specific telepathy is what the Varzi uses. They can only communicate with there own species via there telepathic skills. Meanwhile All-Species telepathy is self explanatory. Another thing is that when *uploaded*, a individual would loose there powers, until they are downloaded in to organic body again. Also if someone was downloaded in to Varzi body, they would loose their normal skills, and gain the Varzi Species-specific telepathy. The opposite would happen if a Varzi was downloaded in to the body of another creature. AI's are never able to gain telepathic powers, even if downloaded in to an organic body from what I gather.

The number suggested by another person is 1 in 3 million beings are born with telepathic power, while species-specific telepathy is mandatory.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Shifty
05-12-2011, 03:43 AM
Telepathy is an interesting topic, to be sure. I'd be fine with it, but just wondering; Will it be simplistic, like "I know that they are thinking exactly this" or more realistic, with telepaths having to sift through all the clutter of thoughts that go though our minds every second?

Also, elaborate about Psionics is you will.

Xanthuss
05-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Psionics would be like not so much as thought transfer, but emotion 'reading', telekinesis’s and other such things. Telepathy would pick up the most prominent thoughts in a persons mind, so not single thoughts, but the dozen or so most prominent that the person is thinking of that time, though people could learn to mentally shield, even if they aren't telepaths themselves, and to broadcast, so that all telepaths in an set area are forced to hear what ever the person wishes to broadcast.