-- Push Me --

Rated R
Violence
Selectivity
Strong language
"Experienced" writers
Potential adult themes

There are special people in this world.

We don't ask to be special. We're just born this way.

We pass you on the streets every day, unnoticed by most.

It started in 1945. The Nazis were conducting experiments in psychic warfare, trying to turn those with psychic abilities into soldiers. Lots of us died. The war ended, but the experiments never stopped. Other governments around the world set up what they called "divisions", trying to do what the Nazis couldn't, to turn us into weapons. The divisions agents are trained to track and hunt us down like animals. Take us away from our families and friends. They test us and categorize us. There are Watchers; they can see the future, even if that's not always as simple as it sounds. Others are called Movers; just an easy way of saying telekinetic. Pushers put thoughts in your head, and make whatever lie they come up with the truth. Sniffs, Shifters, Shadows, Bleeders... it goes on and on. In divisions' eyes, we're all just lab rats. Only one problem - we keep dying. No one has ever survived the drug meant to boost our powers. Right now, the future I've heard of doesn't sound so great. The good news is, the future is always changing, in the largest of ways, by the smallest of things.
They've been winning a lot of battles. Now it's our turn to win the war.

-- _________________ --

Movers manipulate inanimate objects at varying distances. The actual technique is known as kinetic signature control, where the Mover is trained to hear and identify the specific atomic frequency of any given material and alter the gravity wave around it, usually producing the nearby air to appear warped. Advanced Movers can work at the molecular level creating protective shields in the air around them.
Pushers push specific thoughts, memories, and even emotions into their targets. This technique can be used to gain a subject's trust or to have them perform any action, thinking it was their own agenda.
Watchers are trained to self-induce visions of the future, very much like a prolonged sense of déjà vu. The technique of following the future, either of a person or object, is called subject tracking. A Watcher's skill is primarily rated by how far they can see into the future.
Bleeders have the ability to emit high-pitched sonic vibrations that cause ruptures in a target's blood vessels.
Sniffs are highly developed psychometrics who can track the location of either people or objects over varying distances. Like psychic bloodhounds, their tracking ability is increased if they have tactile access to an object that has been in direct contact with the subject. Sniffs receive information based on images, not specific addresses, which is why identifiable landmarks help increase their effectiveness.
Shifters can temporarily shift patterns of light on any object to create illusions to the naked eye. They work mostly on a touch basis, but once the illusion is established, it remains with the object for short periods of time. For example, a Shifter could momentarily touch a one dollar bill, altering its light pattern to appear as a one hundred dollar bill for hours until the effect expires. The length of the shift is based on experience and ability.
Wipers are skilled at either temporary or permanent memory erasure, an invaluable asset in espionage. Experience will dictate the accuracy of their wipes, though the danger is always present that they will eliminate a desired memory.
Shadows are trained to block the vision of other clairvoyants such as Sniffs, making any subject within their target radius appear "dark". Experience will enhance the size of the area they can shadow and the intensity of their shielding effect. Shadows need to be awake to perform their ability, and it is common for a detail of two Shadows to operate in shifts while protecting a person or object for extended periods.
Stitchers are psychic surgeons trained to quickly reconstruct cells to their previous or healthy state. Using only their hands, they can heal and even "unheal" whatever they have done. For more detailed work, Stitches use a silver based cream on their hands which acts as a conductor to their ability.

-- _________________ --

Information, Rules & Guidelines

Adhere to all RPA rules and regulations regarding this forum and the entire site.
This roleplay is loosely based around the film Push. You do not have to have seen this film to join this roleplay, although it helps. It is not the same plot as the movie and takes place after the events with Kira & Nick in China.
I, Katiebug♥, am GM and my word is law, but I will not be leading this entire roleplay.
I would like for this roleplay to be our characters interacting together, fleeing and/or trying to bring down the Division. At this moment in time, I do not have a main direction for the roleplay. One may form, however, as the roleplay moves on and/or with player suggestions.
Your character may be a member of the Division; make sure to mention this in your character sheet.
Your character may not have more than one psychic class.
This roleplay takes place in the present time.

Any comments, questions or concerns may be brought into this OOC thread or my PM box.

-- _________________ --
Appearance: (Photographs only)
Name:
What are you? (Mover, Pusher, Watcher, Bleeder, Sniff, Shifter, Wiper, Shadow, or Stitcher.)
Skill level: (Ranked from 1-10, one being little to no skill, ten being complete control/very powerful)
Background & personality:
Shawn Haygard (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=602763&postcount=4) by Reenok
Isabelle "Izzy" (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=602945&postcount=11) by Katiebug♥
Arjun Sharma (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=602958&postcount=13) by Lamb
Evin Thorson (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=605115&postcount=28) by Excalibur
Damien Majors (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=605905&postcount=30) by Enaz195
Felicity Ornaf (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=605911&postcount=31) by s†яιρєч*ѕ●ςкѕ
Berran Foesson (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=610780&postcount=75) by RoTTeN

calamosis
05-17-2011, 04:54 AM
Oh. OH. I. I CAN'T EVEN. OH MY GARSHNESS. THIS IS AMAZIIIING! 8D

I AM IN MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE, MAN. CHARACTER SHEET UP ASAP.

....CAPS LOCK RULES. 8D

mcstringer
05-17-2011, 05:00 AM
OOOOO AAAAAAA

Shiny new roleplay....I've got to think of something hmmmm...

Reenok
05-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Appearance: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_szMrFn4tHE8/RvCbvziFHkI/AAAAAAAAAH0/aick9pFnKI0/s320/jgl.jpg

Name: Shawn Haygard aka Illusion

What are you? Shifter

Skill level: 6

Background: Born in England, he first began to realise he had a special abilities when he was ten. As he was playing catch with a stone he began to really really wish he had some candy. Next thing he knew he was looking down into his hand where a red hard candy lay. Not even considering where it came from he popped it into his mouth, regretting it with all his heart the moment he tried to bite down.

A year later his family began to move a lot due to his fathers work. He kept his abilities from his family, he knew they'd believe him to be a freak. But he did make the most of it where he could. Making small sums of money into large sums of money for short periods and scaring off bullies with the simplest of illusions.

Over the years he continued to practice with his abilities expanding the time limit on an illusion to 45 minutes to an hour. Depending on the complexness, now away from his family and all he knew. He is living and fighting for his life with several others of his kind.

Personality: He comes across a little cocky and arrogant. But what hides beneath the skin is that he is terrified of what will become of him or those he cares about. So he forces himself to fight in anyway he can. Using his manipulative abilities however and wherever he can.

Rook
05-17-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm debating. You may see a profile from me, because I fucking loved "Push".

rabbit
05-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Well, I'm hoping to make it as epic as Push! I loved it as well and would like to do David Bourla's screenplay justice!

Also, Ree - totally accepted. I love that you mentioned how he practiced keeping the illusions for longer amounts of time.

I should probably get my CS up, huh?

Kris
05-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Mr.Cynic
05-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Katie, I'd like to join this.

I'd probably take on the role of a Shadow, if you didn't mind.

Lamb
05-17-2011, 08:08 PM
:O

I'm so down for this when I can muster up a decent character. *thinks*

rabbit
05-17-2011, 08:24 PM
I'ma cry. I had more than half of my sheet finished and accidently hit the back space button, changing pages rather than, you know...

rabbit
05-17-2011, 08:49 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2w7pw5g.jpg
Isabelle "Izzy," 22
Mover, level 9
Isabelle can't remember anything before the age of 16; that was when she'd managed to escape from the Division's North American research lab facility. They'd kept her drugged enough that she couldn't remember who she was, where she came from or what they did to her, though she couldn't imagine it was anything good or fun; Izzy has scars on the insides of her elbows and was tattooed with a bar code on her right shoulder, the only things she has of her past. She'd even had to name herself. Ever since she'd escaped, she'd moved around and was sure to never stay in one place for more than three months. By then, the Division would be on her tail, and she'd be forced to flee. Izzy does all she can to make few friends, and will do her best to push others away, be a bitch and turn a cold shoulder to people, but despite herself, easily finds herself attached to others.

Lamb
05-17-2011, 09:07 PM
I've been hardcore into Bollywood lately--gonna have to try an Indian character, methinks.

Appearance: http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll261/HaruspexLamb/Arjf.jpg

Name: Arjun Sharma

What are you?: Stitcher

Skill level: 8

Background & personality: Arjun was born and raised in Mumbai, India, with a primarily Hindu background. Most of his life was rather subdued with little excitement, but he was secretly wrought with inner turmoil. He followed his father’s wishes and began an education in medicine—as it turned out he had an inexplicable knack for it. Arjun wasn’t stupid. He realized that there was something abnormal about his uncanny ability to heal the sick and injured (often with seemingly nothing more than his hands…), but he brushed it off as a gift from God, unwilling to reflect on what else it might mean. He most certainly did not want his family to discover that there was anything strange about him.

This fear was wrenched into the open all the same when his parents uncovered the desperately guarded secret of his homosexuality. He was cast out of his home, and without his father’s funding or a place to live, he was forced to withdraw from medical school, leaving him helpless to practice his powerful talent.

With Hindu and Muslim influence, Arjun is a very kind and gentle soul who is strictly non-violence. He has the warm, caring demeanor of a healer even without his powers and maintains a calming presence. The flipside to this is that he is very fearful deep down. He is nervous around other men—both because he is attracted to some of them and because he thinks that if they knew he was gay it would unquestionably provoke an altercation.

He is also very intelligent. He has a vast medical knowledge and is very good at reading people’s feelings; the proper doctoring sort. He’s fluent in Hindi, English, and several other Indian dialects (Gujarati, Punjabi, etc.).

rabbit
05-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Oh, Clyde, photographs only, please! Also, I read through and the background doesn't seem much like a background, unless that woman was your character's entire life...

Lamb, I love him! Arjun is accepted! I look forward to writing with you again. Secretly, I was hoping for another Avery-type character! XD

Lamb
05-17-2011, 09:23 PM
XD I think if I don't play someone sane for a change I'll go as nuts as Avery himself! So glad to be accepted, this RP idea is totally awesome, and if you handle it even half as well as you do Clara's posts it's going to rock.

Oh, and it just occurs to me--is it necessary to describe where your character is now and what they're doing? Or will they all be more or less in the same place when the story starts?

rabbit
05-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Uuuhm. -Twiddles her thumbs.- I hadn't planned that far ahead. I figured that once we have our main body of characters, we could decide as a team where we all are. The North American facility where Izzy ran from was in Canada, so I doubt she's going there... ever again!

Lamb
05-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Works for me! Glad I left Arjun's current whereabouts up in the air, then.

Reenok
05-18-2011, 02:58 AM
Gonna be totally awkward jump in and say I love troy's av and sig!.

rabbit
05-18-2011, 03:13 AM
Yea, I do too. :D Jim Carey = love. Lol. Anyways! This is still accepting, guys! Promote, promote, promote! If you know anyone who may be interested, throw them a line! ♥

Sickly
05-18-2011, 03:25 AM
Oh, Clyde, photographs only, please! Also, I read through and the background doesn't seem much like a background, unless that woman was your character's entire life...

Lamb, I love him! Arjun is accepted! I look forward to writing with you again. Secretly, I was hoping for another Avery-type character! XD

are CG pictures allowed?

rabbit
05-18-2011, 03:35 AM
CG? o.O

mcstringer
05-18-2011, 03:59 AM
Computer Generated. They are technically not drawn, but they are not real pictures either. My CS is coming soon.

rabbit
05-18-2011, 04:08 AM
Well, I'd like to see a picture of an example, but I think I mentioned this before - the image is like an actor's headshot, you know? So it's kind of important and such...

Also, if anyone needs help finding character images, I'm very willing to help find you some! I have a stash on my computer and a few folders in Photobucket, so just hit me up! :]

calamosis
05-18-2011, 04:45 AM
GRRR.... A real picture...? Ahh.... Is a picture neccessary or can a description make do?

I don't have images for mine as of yet and I had thought on just having a description instead. However, I shall strive to find a photo if that's what is needed! :D

rabbit
05-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Well, if you post a general description, we could probably find a picture to fit with a little teamwork. :] But, a "this is sort of what they look like" photograph is all right as well - but I emphasize photograph. >.o If you'd like to put down a description, I'd probably go with eye color and shape, hair color/style, body type, face shape, those kinds of things.

rabbit
05-19-2011, 04:56 AM
Just waiting on your guys~ ♥ Sort of. I think once you guys get your CS's up, we could staaart! If that sounds good to everyone?

TheExiledChampion
05-19-2011, 09:24 AM
hey katiebug, you mind if i join

rabbit
05-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Not at all! Just submit a CS and we shall see! ;D

mcstringer
05-20-2011, 06:12 AM
Appearance: http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200805/r250286_1027792.jpg
Name: Evin Thorson
What are you?: Pusher
Skill level: 7
Background & personality: He is a naturally quiet and confident person and not very trusting because of what he is. He does not have the strength for the unbelieveable, but if he can manipulate a situation to semi-truth, then it is highly likily his skill will work. However, his strength is Push Detection. He is able to detect if a person has been "pushed" recently and if a Pusher is activily pushing in an area. Simple pushes like Rioting a crowd or Damping feelings are also in his skillset.

His experience with the Divison was rather quick and painless. The put him through the ol' "mental conditioning" runner. Ya know, Wipers, Pushers, the water dunking, etc. They eventually determined he was useless and tossed him out the door. He kinda helped them with a little Push. He is currently quietly keeping his head down, and helping others of his kind for a little extra cash when needed.

rabbit
05-20-2011, 06:18 AM
Accepted! :D Yay, finally a Pusher!

enaz
05-21-2011, 02:56 AM
appearance: http://t2.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/08/10/75/400_F_8107529_wHE1mmJr4a3AyS5bP5EUfDhD6hiykdiW.jpg
Name: Damien Majors
What are you?: mover
Skill level: 8

Damien was a little Afghanistan boy being raised by only his mother and when he was you Division came and took his mom while he was at school. Damien was naive at the time and believed that his mom had just left for a minute, but he had stayed in the house alone for three days not knowing where she was until the division came for him next. When they captured him they took him to a base and locked him in a cage like a animal. Division only let him see his mother once a day for three years. Eventually they let him out of the cage saying he had outgrown it. Then the day came where his mother had tried to escape. Damien had never seen anything like it her and three other people had started to destroy the base Damien had to stand behind them and watched, but one man came out with a gun and shot his mom inbetween the eye's Damien was shocked and devastated as he fell to the ground screaming the walls shook and windows exploded. Damien's eyes slowly started to bleed and he passed out. The other prisoners that had helped his mother had made sure he escaped and when he awoke they were all in a rundown apartment. They raised him to use his power's and when he was eighteen he set out for America to help anyone who had went through what he had. The years he spent in america were hard, but he made money by becoming a boxer and using his power's to hit harder. Eventually he started to hunt all division member's that he had met or heard about, and he still does to this day.

Damien's personality can be a bit sarcastic, but he is also the type of person who just doesn't care about anything. He also loves to fight, and embraces his power using it against anyone who would dare appose him.

s†яιρєч*ѕ●ςкѕ
05-21-2011, 02:58 AM
[Edit] Oki here we go~

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w227/OceanRazer/StripeysPushMe.jpg
Name: Felicja (Felicity/Fifi) Ornaf [I will be calling her Felicity IC, but Felicja is her real first name, as she is of Polish descent.]
Level Five Pusher
Personality and Background: A quiet, reserved girl from Poland whose only escape is music. Felicity has been in the European Division since she was six years old. She was discovered as a psychic at this age when she indirectly killed one of her classmates after a fit of rage. They stole and broke her favorite crayon, and she pushed them to commit suicide without realizing it. She has a startling memory (almost photographic) of every little experiment preformed on her body, but can barley remember anything else. She has gone a bit insane in that she can hear the girl's voice (the one that she killed) whenever she is trying to push someone. Restraint on her powers in the facility have stunted her development in the skill.
She escaped on her twenty-first birthday, when she will became eligible to take a high-risk experimental pharmaceutical that all of the other inmates have died from. She took take a plane to America and hid from the scientists there. Just a mere few days after this, Kira was tested.

Extra Note: She has Serendipity tattooed onto her left arm, and she can't remember what it means or why she got it. It's a nervous tick that whenever she is upset she touches it.

rabbit
05-21-2011, 03:06 AM
We're still waiting on a few other people, too, so no worries! Thank you for your interest, Stripey!

enaz
05-21-2011, 03:22 AM
okay I posted a bio.

rabbit
05-21-2011, 04:35 AM
Enaz, the power you described in your history is that of a Bleeder's, not a Pusher's. Did you mix them up somehow?

enaz
05-21-2011, 04:44 AM
No when I meant him screaming I meant for the loss of his mother I didn't mean that was his power, just that he was "pushing"stuff without knowing it. Sorry for the confusion.

rabbit
05-21-2011, 04:48 AM
Pushing is like mind control, being able to "push" thoughts, "memories," et cetera, into other people's heads; him screaming wouldn't really effect his surroundings - smashing windows, et cetera - if he's a Push. A Bleeder, on the other hand, screaming and such would do that.

Let me see if I can find a few videos or clips of each psychics powers on YouTube or something.

enaz
05-21-2011, 04:54 AM
I am so sorry I got mover and pusher confused, I meant form my character to be a mover.

rabbit
05-21-2011, 04:54 AM
Lol, it's ok, I did at first, too.

Here is an example of a couple Movers fighting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oow0d-lLY8E

A Pusher pushing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V3t26Uu_TQ

There's also a scene later in the movie where Kira (the girl) pushes Nick (another character) without eye contact - it all depends on your strength.

Here's a really good mix of all of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37RgSPuGb_4

enaz
05-21-2011, 04:59 AM
That was awesome! and exactly what I had in mind.

rabbit
05-21-2011, 05:19 AM
Hmm... Accepted, but I'm not sure how I feel about everyone having such high skill levels. Not everyone can reach such a high skill level in their life time and others aren't so quick to embrace their powers. I can see some of our characters (Arjun, for example) embracing it (as he is a Stitcher and a doctor), but others, it's a little iffy on how they would have gained so much skill. Higher skill levels require practice and use, you know?

Izzy has other reasons for it being so high, which will be revealed in time. ;D

Anyways... Hmm... Anyone have any ideas?

Lamb
05-21-2011, 06:37 AM
Oh, wow, I didn't realize nearly everyone was an 8. XD Well, we could always say that they're being sought after by the Division for being so skilled? Or maybe they're being forcefully recruited into some sort of resistence? I don't know, brain is on total sleep mode tonight. :P

Is there an overall storyline yet or are we deciding on that as a group?

enaz
05-21-2011, 07:49 AM
I actually like the idea of the resistance. Taking the fight to division!

s†яιρєч*ѕ●ςкѕ
05-21-2011, 01:33 PM
KK I put mine up~ I'm not sure how many Pushers there are, but I hope Felicity's somewhat original ^-^

mcstringer
05-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Welp no one else besides me is a Pusher.

s†яιρєч*ѕ●ςкѕ
05-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Haha we should be arch enemies. I'd like to see a fight between two pushers... Though you are much stronger than Fi.

rabbit
05-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Stripey: I like her, but Division isn't exactly testing the drug any more. They already found someone it works with - Kira - and are in the process of comparing her DNA and genetics against those who it failed on for the reason why it worked on her. I think I stated that this roleplay takes place after the events in China (the movie), and by after, I mean about a few months.

I'd imagine that after Kira's escape, they'd have cracked down on security a little, you know?

s†яιρєч*ѕ●ςкѕ
05-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Oh, all right. I'll change it a bit so that it fits the timeline, sorry! D;

enaz
05-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Maybe we could break in and free her character?

s†яιρєч*ѕ●ςкѕ
05-21-2011, 03:39 PM
It's all right, I switched everything up already. But that would be really interesting. ;P

rabbit
05-21-2011, 03:42 PM
It's all right! Thank you!

s†яιρєч*ѕ●ςкѕ
05-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Yay accepted~ Thanks Kt. -sits and waits for IC-

TheExiledChampion
05-21-2011, 06:21 PM
where exactly is it taking place, is it china or somewhere else

rabbit
05-22-2011, 01:03 AM
We haven't decided that yet. Any ideas, guys?

s†яιρєч*ѕ●ςкѕ
05-22-2011, 01:04 AM
Well I thought that it was taking place in North America, honestly.

enaz
05-22-2011, 01:38 AM
Yea I did to.

Lamb
05-22-2011, 03:36 AM
Are we just supposed to be chucking out plot ideas here then? I think I'll have to rent the movie again to refresh--NIGHT = PLANNED! :D

rabbit
05-22-2011, 04:11 AM
Please do so! :D I've watched the movie countless times, especially whenever it's on the movie channels.

calamosis
05-22-2011, 04:11 AM
OKAY! I MAY or MAY NOT make a second character, BUT I do have at least ONE! :D This is he~! (Please let me know if I screwed up anything!)

Appearance: This, I suppose. (http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/Izamjiro/ATR2/bissu2.jpg) (He's the one in the upper right-hand corner. EXACTLY. LIKE. THAT.)

Name: Kyo Ollander

What are you? Sniff.

Skill level: 7; my distance is good on fiding targets and I can keep to them for an extensive amount of time.

Background & personality: I was taken from a not-too-complete home when I was 12. I only found out later that I had been watched for some time; I was a concern, and even minor concerns were monitered. My mom was addicted; anything and everything that kept her away from here. My dad was probably dead; he had drug and drinking issues and had left even before I was born. I never much cared for him, and apparently the feeling was mutual.

Anyway, I was going to turn 13 that year. I had already decided I preferred my hair dyed, so when I could scrape together the money my mother hadn't burnt away, I did that. As far as my powers were concerned, I wasn't strong at all. In fact, they were hardly even noticed, even by me. However, the dumb shits at the division decided I had powers and acted on it. (My powers actually included me trying to find my mom, or a neaby friend. That's probably why they watched me for so long, to determine I had any powers whatsoever.) I was taken and fed to the beast.

The 'beast' itself wasn't so bad, when I first had to go through the system. Compared to what I know now, that could easily count as my candyland. What happened after was a veritable living hell. I was experimented upon, shocked and scared out of my mind to extents that my brain can no longer recall because of the trauma it left. I may sound dramatic, but it's the truth; they did horrible things. And if I had ever believed in any god before I went in, all hope or faith had been sterilized and tortured until it was as empty as my spirit afterward.

Eventually, they 'retired' me; keeping me in a cell, always monitered, watched; until the day came when it was decided I could be useful.

So, they took me out onto the field.

I was taught, but no matter what they did, I just could not listen. In treory, they could have a Push give my mind a run for it's money, but I don't think they did. Officially, they tried it five times. I don't remember any of them. My mind had, supposedly, fought back on it's own enough that they just made a simple fix.

I ware the collar to this day. It still occasionally shocks me, but I've been good. I have to be.

I have no hope. I don't even have fear, or death, really. I only have pain and slow suffering.

Makes sense, how I took care of my vile mother and made sure she couldn't hurt herself too badly; even when she was hurting me.

It only makes sense that I'm in this position, after all.
----
Other than all my weird angst, I'm generally described as a prick to most people. Because of my job and what happened to me, I don't trust anyone or get close to them. I refuse to show my emotions and I purpously act indifferent and cold when I'm in public. However, my facade is regularly broken. I have a temper that's a bit...tough to get a hold of.

I despise all of my co-workers (unless they're only staying out of force, like me, of course.) and I take care to show my distaste in the smallest of ways. I have very near perfected the art of giving a backhanded compliment.

I'm always quick to brawl because of my temper, and I have been taken off of certain assignments simply because they know I wont be able to do them. I can give and take hits well; after all these years, my pain tolerance is much higher than the average person. It's this that keeps me more than willing (despite my damned collar) to attack my 'superiors'; however, I never have yet. It's only a matter of time before I die. If I do, I'm going to get out of this hellhole first.

No matter what.

......I think that's coherent enough to read right? ....Riiight.... ANYWAY! I'm happy with him thus far, and as I said, I might make another character, later. At least I have Kyo, though, yeah? :D

rabbit
05-22-2011, 04:13 AM
Lol, you posted the image wrong, babycakes. XD

Also, your story is great, and is a really good example of your writing - I hope most of your posts are like that, IC! - but it doesn't really include a personality!

calamosis
05-22-2011, 04:21 AM
GRAAAHR TYPOS! DX Anyway, I shall edit accordingly!

....I hope! XD Kidding.

Doing it! :D

calamosis
05-22-2011, 04:35 AM
DOUBLE POST!!! D:

I have edited~! I hope he's alright now, and I particularly hope that it made sense. (I have a strange, disticnt sense that it doesn't, though.....)

Lamb
05-22-2011, 04:47 AM
*clears throat and shuffles important looking papers*

Alright, so I figured I'd throw out a potential storyline here that I've been considering. Take it as you will.

IDEA!

Someone has made a call to arms against the Division, and when no one stepped forward, those of us with adequate skill levels (i.e. impressive enough histories) were drafted (whether by physical force, threat, or the deception of a Pusher; it would be up to the indivudual player to decide how their character was brought to the starting point.). I like this concept for the duality of evils—the resistance will try to kill us if we don’t cooperate, the Division will try to kill us if we do. Which side do we see fit to align ourselves with now that we’ve got no choice to remain neutral? I also like that it doesn’t require an assumption of character motive. They are just in the shit, trying to survive, and have only each other to rely on. Do we do what we're told or do we try and slip our chain?

This resolves the issue of location. We didn't have a choice but to end up in one place together for our debreifing about what we're being "asked" to do.

Of course this also requires the advent of choice villains--a resistence leader responsible for orchestrating our forced recruitment and some sort of Division head that the resistance means for us to be going after.

Thoughts?

rabbit
05-22-2011, 04:50 AM
>:3

Me gusta.

Rook
05-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Alright, I'm seriously debating throwing you a character sheet. There is only one issue. Call me crazy, I REFUSE to use any photo for a character sheet. I just can't bring myself to do it. Is there anything else I can do?

rabbit
05-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Well, if you post a general description, we could probably find a picture to fit with a little teamwork. :] But, a "this is sort of what they look like" photograph is all right as well - but I emphasize photograph. >.o If you'd like to put down a description, I'd probably go with eye color and shape, hair color/style, body type, face shape, those kinds of things.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

rabbit
05-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Mkay, just giving you guys a heads up:

Over the next few weeks (mostly this last week of May to mid-June) I'll be working 30+ hours per week. My manager decided to take a several-week-long vacation even though he just got to the store and we only have two people with keys, other than him - one that can open and one that can lock up. I am one of those people. Pretty much for the next three weeks, I'll be opening the store almost every day. I'll probably be really tired but I will get posting in as I can.

Please be understanding - I was not expecting this to happen and am livid about it. My manager is lucky I don't have another job set up at the moment, or else I'd quit and he'd be shit out of luck, you know?

Anyways, like I said, I'm just giving you a heads up. Thanks!

s†яιρєч*ѕ●ςкѕ
05-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Okay, good luck Kt.

rabbit
05-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Hmmm... So...?

Lamb
05-24-2011, 10:57 PM
If we're going with my idea we all need to conjure up some evil-doers! *twirls mustache*

RoTTeN
05-25-2011, 12:29 AM
Is this still accepting?

rabbit
05-25-2011, 02:12 AM
Yes, it is!

And yes, Lamb, we do! Maybe someone will post a character that, rather than running from the Division, is a member?

RoTTeN
05-25-2011, 03:52 AM
Yes, it is!

And yes, Lamb, we do! Maybe someone will post a character that, rather than running from the Division, is a member?

Art thou implying something?

Lamb
05-25-2011, 04:30 AM
Yes, it is!

Maybe--I think Calamosis's character is still a member from what I gathered?

Regardless, I actually imagined the major villains being more like...plot driving NPCs, or something. Our characters would be a united force seperate from either side but in essence manipulated by both. All we'd really need to do is create two head villains--a resistance leader and a Division leader--and the rest of their respective henchmen could be unnamed implications rather than PCs, really. But it would also be cool if some folks wanted to play willing members of the resistance (or Division) under its leader's command who become sympathetic to the rest of our characters' plight. (Also, we need a super catchy name for our resistance! We could be oh-so clever and call it "Unity" XD)

rabbit
05-25-2011, 05:58 AM
Well, like I said, I will not be completely leading this RP plot-wise. We can all discuss the plot here and then majority vote goes, pretty much.

@Rotten: Maybe, if you think you're up to the task! ;D

RoTTeN
05-25-2011, 05:32 PM
Appearance: http://www.widescreenwallpapers.org/wallpapers/preview/m/a/male-celebrities-21-wallpapers.jpg

Name: Berran Foesson

What are you? Wiper

Personality:
Berran has a tough outside, confident and consistently cognizant. He unveils surprises with a all too respectable ease. Berran has established a network of connections and pulls off, in both aspects of 'getting away' and 'doing the deed', murder without much reluctance. If asked as to the nature of Berran many would first say "Let us talk in a more... peaceful place".

However, Berran is a mess of conflicting thoughts, beliefs, and emotions on the inside. Unaware of the point of the virtues his parents instilled in him he ponders consistently of morals and which side, good or evil, he belongs on. Berran understands morals from many points of view and has taken a part on both the good and evil sides. His time alone is spent questioning himself and his ways. "If Heaven is above us and Hell below us then God 'n' Satan were correct putting me in-between them."

Background:
Berran was born in the bad half of New York. His parents were smart, wealthy, and powerful. They had connections in high places. Such as the mafia. Cognizant of Death's ties with power Berran's parents were wise. Berran was taught honor, valor, and vigilance above all else; a combination Berran would later think odd inside the Mafia. At the age of seven Berran had proved himself smart enough to join the Mafia. He cruised the Mafia ranks, pulling off robberies and murders thought nigh improbable previously. It was obvious who would become the boss soon enough.

Inevitably the child was "accidentally" shot in a infamous drug war. Berran's name became known, attracting eyes both powerful and ill. Malicious rumors (no doubt started by those in high places) spread throughout the Mafia ranks and Berran was shunned for his "talent". Assassinations were attempted while he was still in his proclaimed deathbed. Berran's parents were killed, his adopted fortune stolen then squandered on useless drugs, and the loyal connections Berran retained were swiftly snatched away by Death himself. A lone hand reached out to Berran, offering shelter, life, and power. This hand belonged to a man who then forgot his previous goal of "gathering lab rats" but, not too surprisingly, for Berran, at least, did not forget his recent promise to Berran.

Me be glad to click edit in answer to any problems!

rabbit
05-25-2011, 05:39 PM
/le nosebleed
*whispering*johnnydeppjohnnydeppjohnnydepp*whisper ing*

Accepted.... x//////x

RoTTeN
05-25-2011, 07:28 PM
Lawl.

TheExiledChampion
05-25-2011, 07:32 PM
this as good as i can get, let me know if i need to improve somethings

Appearance: http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy21/mxq145/RPA%20images/steven-grayhm-286209.jpg
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy21/mxq145/RPA%20images/vincent.jpg

Name: John Brook

What are you?: Mover

Skill level: 5

Background & personality: John is your typical friendly gentlemen; he kind, caring, and will always look after his friends.

John was only 13 when he first discovered his psychic powers while he was bouncing a tennis ball off his bedroom wall and as he was about to catch it the tenth time it stop in midair just close to his hand. After five years had past, the division caught whiff of him when he was working at a amusement park and one of the ride called "The Big Drop" had it support cable snap as it was about to drop with four people on it. Everyone scream in horror as they watch the cart fall, On instinct John raise both of his hands as the cart was about to hit the ground and manage to stop it in time. It soon turn out that the Division sabotage the ride in order to flush him out which became clear when John was visited by them in an apartment building he lived in. John manager to escape with some help from his apartment manager who was his uncle and he also happen to be a mover as well, the man help him escape by having him go down the fire escape while he keep them busy. unfortunately they weren't in a mood to chat and one of them was a sniffer and the other was a bleeder, John was just a block away in his car when he heard a big explosion from the apartment building and when turn to see what happen he saw a good size hole on the side of the building as pieces of the wall scattered. John continue driving and headed to the nearest airport then took a flight on the first plane he can get and he was gone.

rabbit
05-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Hmm, accepted, but when posting in the IC, Chief, make sure to re-read and edit your posts, ok?

TheExiledChampion
05-26-2011, 12:25 AM
i knew that post would come back and haunt me one day, don't worry i think i've gotten better with making posts since then

RoTTeN
05-26-2011, 12:40 AM
Hmm, accepted, but when posting in the IC, Chief, make sure to re-read and edit your posts, ok?

THERE IS AN IC?

rabbit
05-26-2011, 01:30 AM
No, not yet.

Ok, so, lets run down what we have so far, shall we?

Takes place in North America (country/city yet to be determined)
Division verses Us verses Rogues (?)

Lamb
05-26-2011, 06:51 AM
I totally vote Canada for the country. I've never gotten to roleplay there, eh. :D

rabbit
05-26-2011, 07:15 AM
Yeees! Maybe Vancouver/Victoria? It's a little quieter, and we could easily hop over to America if need be!

Lamb
05-26-2011, 07:33 AM
Indeed, the perfect place for super secret shady dealings. We could come up with all sorts of missions, like assasinating choice Division targets, stealing Division intelligence, or freeing captives from Division clutches, after which we are forced to meet back and Canadian HQ for our next task.

RoTTeN
05-27-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm cool with Canada.

I honestly just want to start RPing, XD.

kagomri
05-27-2011, 11:32 PM
This role play sounds AH-MA-ZING!!

Name: Sharon Berks
Appearance: http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://s2.daemonsmovies.com/mov/up/2010/05/Dianna-Agron-550x726.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.daemonsmovies.com/2010/05/03/glees-dianna-agron-is-in-i-am-number-four-movie/&usg=__0_8Qt2ZKYOooLslZi_phnltkcmw=&h=726&w=550&sz=72&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=3mx-JP2_68O3NM:&tbnh=147&tbnw=119&ei=6jDgTafpFIeugQe6lJ3vCg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddianna%2Bagron%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26c lient%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1400%26bih%3D648%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=335&page=1&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:25,s:0&tx=84&ty=55&biw=1400&bih=648
What are you? Mover
Growing up in California was hot hot hot! But she didn't enjoy hitting on guys and playing on the beach as much as she did love sports. Sharon was captain of ultimate frizbee, Volleyball, and the soccer team. On many lovely summer days she escapes to Denmark to compete in the annual skiing competition. Fourth, Third, Second, and finally, the Gold Metal she took home. That day, many athletes befriended her and out they went for a drink. Little did Sharon, being the youngest winner of the competition, know that at 19, an insidious little pill was silently slipped into her beer while she left it unattended. A month from then, things started happening. She vomited. At first sour liquid around her stomach lining, then full on blood. She sweated buckets in the winter, even with nothing on, and one night she was so sick, dizzy and bloody she passed out.
In the next few weeks things got a bit better. She thought it was because she went to the doctor and he prescribed her some pills. Slowly, she got the nerve to walk again, then run, then do some gymnastics. After a month, she was fully convinced things were OK again, and up and away she went. Then one day after a sweaty workout at the gym, she sunk down onto her bed, still full of energy. She moved her arms. They were heavy and needed some rest. She tried her legs, thighs and abs. She collapsed and felt even more power and energy circling in the air. This bothered her so that she got up and walked around. One hour passed. Two. Three. Every hour she felt more of this presence. There was no doubt she wouldn't get any sleep. Sighing, she decided to watch some television but couldn't find the remote. By this point, she was getting a little pissed off.
Turn the fuck on.
Suddenly it burst. The glass shards exploded on the floor, smoke arose from it.

From then on she thought about moving things and they moved.At first, she'd concentrate hard on it and saw little unstable waves circling the object. Little by little she trained those waves to do as she commanded them to, they grew big in the opposite direction she's want, and they'd slowly shift. She secretly trained herself to do many things over the past years and never told anyone.

Sharon is extremely feisty and she can have the nastiest temper. She's naughty and is always looking for trouble. Usually her interests are extreme sports, like sky diving, and rock climbing.

kagomri
05-27-2011, 11:35 PM
Haha, what a coincidence. I live in Canada! Its nothing too different form America, just a little less noisy and less crowded. its beautiful here ;)

rabbit
05-28-2011, 02:26 AM
I've been to Vancouver and Victoria, I love it.

Kagomri, would you mind elaborating on the pill? What happened after she was sick? What was it? o.O Where from? Et cetera? Also, her power level is really really high... May I ask why? How it got to be so high?

kagomri
05-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I edited it.=)

calamosis
05-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Canada sounds good to me! :D Can't wait; this'll be so much fun!

Snotgirl
05-29-2011, 02:25 AM
sonava...damn this looks so cool. I would totally join... except Im only on the internet because I have a PSP. and the stupid PSP wont let me type more than 2 paragraphs! *cries*

rabbit
05-29-2011, 02:26 AM
Aweh! That sucks! Hm... Is the PSP the only way you have internet? No library computer or anything?

Snotgirl
05-29-2011, 02:47 AM
Aweh! That sucks! Hm... Is the PSP the only way you have internet? No library computer or anything?

Zee bro. (means no in rez talk) I used to live in a city but then I moved back to the reservation. Chance of having library? 0%. so i just have the PSP...

rabbit
05-29-2011, 02:51 AM
How laaame! >.< It'd be so great to have another player! :'(

Snotgirl
05-29-2011, 02:55 AM
itd be possible for me to play but id probably have to double or even triple post...

kagomri
05-29-2011, 05:57 PM
That sucks :/ Sorry to hear that.

RoTTeN
05-29-2011, 06:23 PM
itd be possible for me to play but id probably have to double or even triple post...

DO EET.

or not, your choice.

Snotgirl
05-30-2011, 12:34 AM
Fine...I will get a CS up tommorow cuz my days being a bitch...

BreatheTaylor
05-30-2011, 02:36 AM
If you're still accepting characters I'm totally down for the get down!

This looks epic! So, if I can grab a spot, I'd love to jump in.

Snotgirl
05-30-2011, 02:44 AM
If you're still accepting characters I'm totally down for the get down!

This looks epic! So, if I can grab a spot, I'd love to jump in.

Hey look! Its you again! Are you following me? Because I have often been complimented about my manliness! *wink wink, flexes muscles* lol Just kidding!

BreatheTaylor
05-30-2011, 03:01 AM
Hey look! Its you again! Are you following me? Because I have often been complimented about my manliness! *wink wink, flexes muscles* lol Just kidding!

OH HEEEEY! Oh for sure, just take a look out your window. Now look in the distance to your far right. See that girl with the pair of binoculars? C: That'd be me. Haha, I kidd I kidd.

It seems we have a similar taste in roleplay, though haha.

rabbit
05-30-2011, 03:11 AM
Of course! Post a CS! :D

BreatheTaylor
05-30-2011, 03:14 AM
Suh-weet! C: I dunno when I'll have it up by, but I'll certainly have one up! The veryveryvery latest will be by Friday. But I'll probably have it finished sooner than that.

Snotgirl
05-30-2011, 03:15 AM
OH HEEEEY! Oh for sure, just take a look out your window. Now look in the distance to your far right. See that girl with the pair of binoculars? C: That'd be me. Haha, I kidd I kidd.

It seems we have a similar taste in roleplay, though haha.

o_O *Jumps in a trashcan and puts lid on top* lol

RoTTeN
05-31-2011, 10:09 PM
Sooooooooooooooooo

I think Katiebug (too manly for dat heart) is still facerolling her job.

Don't forget this RP! Just saying...

rabbit
06-01-2011, 01:25 AM
Whaat?
I'm waiting for their character sheets! >.<

Snotgirl
06-01-2011, 01:38 AM
srry im really slacking off. Tosh.O was on and I totally fofgot bout the CS. I'll get started..

mcstringer
06-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Hey Back.... If this has started, I made a major oops in not paying my net bill, but not because i did not forget, but my wallet was stolen and all of my bill paying stuff was in it. Therefore I will be out of it until I can get my last debit card back. Should be this week. I will be on more consistently afterwards.

rabbit
06-01-2011, 06:06 PM
It hasn't started yet, don't worry. I'm still waiting on character sheets and a little more inspriation. XD

RoTTeN
06-02-2011, 06:36 PM
It hasn't started yet, don't worry. I'm still waiting on character sheets and a little more inspriation. XD

>Implying RoTTeN isn't inspiring.

D:

rabbit
06-03-2011, 04:38 AM
Nonononono! My mind is just being a pain lately. >.<

Lamb
06-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Still any interest in GMing this, KB? 'Cause I'm mad jealous you came up with the idea and I might be willing to take the concept over if you don't want it anymore. *bats lashes*

rabbit
06-14-2011, 01:44 AM
You can, Lamb. I'd still like to play, I just don't know how to get this going. XD I'm sorry guys!

Snotgirl
06-14-2011, 01:47 AM
I too, am waiting for the bullet of inspiration to strike my heart of procrastination...

Lamb
06-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Sweet! Well then if it's alright with you, I'll make a new thread, keeping your summaries and rules and such. That way we'll know who's still in and who's lost interest. Anyone you've already approved who still wants to play will be pre-approved. Sound alright?

calamosis
06-16-2011, 12:09 AM
I'm still here! *waves* If anyone cares to notice... *sits down patiently*

RoTTeN
06-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Am I late?

TheExiledChampion
06-22-2011, 08:28 PM
what going on?

RoTTeN
06-22-2011, 09:58 PM
WE R EXPERIENCING LACK OF KATIE (D; ).

So Lamb is taking over.

That's all I know.

I r expectin' Lamb's new thread (twead).

mcstringer
06-23-2011, 01:13 AM
Ditto

TheExiledChampion
06-24-2011, 02:06 AM
oh okay, so now what?

Lamb
06-24-2011, 03:20 AM
Sorry guys! I've been busy, but expect shiney new thread soon.

Kodiak
06-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Are characters still being accepted?

Lamb
06-25-2011, 05:45 AM
When I have the new thread up, yep! Recruiting will start all over again. Anyone who's already been approved will need to repost their character sheet to the new thread if still interested in playing, newcomers will be welcome to apply.

Lamb
06-25-2011, 06:18 AM
New thread ahoy ----> http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16712